PDA

View Full Version : Will Durant get criticism if the Thunder lose this series?

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Basically the thread title. I'm seeing everybody blame Westbrook and Harden (deservedly so). But when Lebron couldn't get it done in previous years he was criticized, even though his supporting cast didn't step up. I'm not saying if he deserves it, but if you think he'll actually get it? Discuss.

JLynn943
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM
People don't hate Durant, so no. I think people will actually be reasonable when it comes to him. People just jump on any and every chance to attack LeBron.

(Although Durant has certainly played better than LeBron did last year anyway)

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 12:27 AM
never

Sadds The Gr8
he's too tentative at times. Too bad he doesnt have Westbrook's ego or he'd be ****in great

SugeKnight
He's not assertive enough.

MFFL==FML
06-20-2012, 12:28 AM
No. Durant is the poster child for everything that is good. He is rebounding like garbage these finals but no one will talk about it. He can do no wrong.

StinkEye
06-20-2012, 12:29 AM
LeBron will get the blame somehow.

Swashcuff
06-20-2012, 12:31 AM
From JB yes... that would mean that he would have lost in the finals when he had HCA.

Seriously though why should he? The only thing I can see anyone saying is that he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been. KD has more or less done everything else he can to win things just haven't turned out that way for him however.

uptownfan
06-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Of course not. He's putting up the numbers that we're accustomed to seeing from him. Not really sure how he can get the blame. If the Thunder lose, the blame will go to everyone except for Durant and Westbrook

JordansBulls
06-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Basically the thread title. I'm seeing everybody blame Westbrook and Harden (deservedly so). But when Lebron couldn't get it done in previous years he was criticized, even though his supporting cast didn't step up. I'm not saying if he deserves it, but if you think he'll actually get it? Discuss.

He will especially if he loses with HCA.

Baller1
06-20-2012, 12:32 AM
He will. A ton, probably.

Sadds The Gr8
06-20-2012, 12:33 AM

lmao

Swashcuff
06-20-2012, 12:34 AM

JB on que :laugh:

JordansBulls
06-20-2012, 12:35 AM
From JB yes... that would mean that he would have lost in the finals when he had HCA.

Dude I spit my beer all over the pc screen. I saw this after I made my post. How did you know what I was going to say?:laugh2:

JWO35
06-20-2012, 12:35 AM
No, everybody loves Kevin Durant...

StinkEye
06-20-2012, 12:36 AM

:laugh:

soonabooma
Everybody on our team should be blamed, because collectively as a group, they're screwing everything up. I'm sorry, I know the Heat are a fine team, but we've got the talent/athleticism/star power to match them, we've got an overall deeper rotation, and we HAD the homecourt advantage. We lost this series because our hearts were not in it. We've made a good team look like an amazing team all because we were too arrogant to go out and work for it. They never respected Miami, and they're gonna pay the ultimate price.

willabeast77
He's had a good Finals. Depends how it ends on him and how he plays.

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 12:38 AM

Lol right on cue.

Seriously though why should he? The only thing I can see anyone saying is that he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been. KD has more or less done everything else he can to win things just haven't turned out that way for him however.

He should get some criticism imo for losing with the superior team as the star but not in any manner not accustomed for a super star. But its more of a comparison to Lebron being in Cleveland type thing were he was the only one showing up.

downsos
06-20-2012, 12:38 AM
He shouldn't. Nothing you can do when the refs are in the Heats pocket.

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Everybody on our team should be blamed, because collectively as a group, they're screwing everything up. I'm sorry, I know the Heat are a fine team, but we've got the talent/athleticism/star power to match them, we've got an overall deeper rotation, and we HAD the homecourt advantage. We lost this series because our hearts were not in it. We've made a good team look like an amazing team all because we were too arrogant to go out and work for it. They never respected Miami, and they're gonna pay the ultimate price.

Agreed but I'm just saying will he get a lot of undeserved criticism?

LegendX
06-20-2012, 12:39 AM
No. As has been said, Durant can do no wrong. If OKC lose everyone will blame the refs, Westbrook and Harden. If it were anybody else, like LeBron or Kobe, they would absolutely get all the blame, they'd be ripped to shreds. Has Durant been playing incredibly well? Yes, but seeing as though it's "his team" and he's the star, he should receive blame, along with his coach and teammates.

Swashcuff
06-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Dude I spit my beer all over the pc screen. I saw this after I made my post. How did you know what I was going to say?:laugh2:

Because you're JB :laugh:

stlbest5in2013
06-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Can we close this thread now?

LBJ gets all his heat, because he was anointed king of the NBA w/o ever doing a thing. Still has not, only up 3-1, he can still choke it away.

LBJ gets more crap on top of that crap because of the "not 6, not 7, not 8 crap"

Don't try to take heat off of LeBron by comparing other situations to him. All the heat he has on him is because of HIS OWN DOING.

stlbest5in2013
06-20-2012, 12:46 AM
No. As has been said, Durant can do no wrong. If OKC lose everyone will blame the refs, Westbrook and Harden. If it were anybody else, like LeBron or Kobe, they would absolutely get all the blame, they'd be ripped to shreds. Has Durant been play
ing incredibly well? Yes, but seeing as though it's "his team" and he's the star, he should receive blame, along with his coach and teammates.

Are you ********? Durant and Westbrook dont even get half the calls James and Wade get. LeBron got a call last year, acting like Rose poked him in the eye, when he was 8 inches away from his face with his hand. Just stop with the asinine comparisons.

naps
06-20-2012, 12:49 AM
No, he's not LeBron.

meloman1592
06-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Durant can do no wrong...he's protected by the media. The NBA loves attacking polarizing figures which Durant is not...

People that get the most criticism:
Lebron...by far
Melo
Dwight
Blake Griffin

I would say Kobe but his 5 rings bails him out of every argument

MFFL==FML
06-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Rofl

naps
06-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Because you're JB :laugh:

+1.

JB is preparing to save this season on his Durant folder of his gigantic memory chip of his computer :laugh2:

Lim
06-20-2012, 12:55 AM
doubt it. hes been there best player by far. played extremely well almost all playoff long

boolish
06-20-2012, 12:55 AM
durant is only 23 and just wasn't quite ready yet. his time will come.

JordansBulls
06-20-2012, 12:58 AM
+1.

JB is preparing to save this season on his Durant folder of his gigantic memory chip of his computer :laugh2:

But I like Durant though.

ManRam
06-20-2012, 01:00 AM
No.

He's got America's favorite scapegoat on his team.

Plain and simple...

MFFL==FML
06-20-2012, 01:01 AM
It's so funny... For the longest time Dirk Nowitzki was labeled as a "choker" even though his playoff career averages are astronomically better than his regular season averages.

I doubt Kevin Durant is given this label even though his post-season stats are on-par with his regular-season stats.

Mavericks haven't won a championship: "Dirk Nowitzki choked... The Mavericks will never win a title with Dirk Nowitzki as their best player!"

OKC hasn't won a championship: "Durant doesn't have enough help (Westbrook All-NBA 2nd, Harden top 4 SG, Ibaka number 1 shot blocker and top 5 defensive player)...Westbrook overshoots, Harden isn't playing as well, and Ibaka doesn't speak English."

soonabooma
06-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Durant deserves plenty of blame, just like Westbrook, he cancels out the good with too much bad. Bad fouls, costly turnovers, bad shots at crucial times. He's not leading this team the way he was before the finals. Our whole team got a big head, and I've got no sympathy for em when they go out like punks on thursday.

torocan
06-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Durant will get a pass for the following reasons...

1) He's 23 years old.
2) This is his first Finals appearance.
3) He's had no truly awful games.
4) He's showed up more often than not in the 4th quarter including saving games throughout the playoffs.
5) His team improved from last year. Last year knocked out of the WCF, this year in the Finals.
6) He never promised a Championship, let alone 6, 7 or 8 Championships.
7) His game is still improving.
8) He's humble as heck and never makes excuses when he screws up.

Durant will need to blow it alot more before people start seriously getting on him.

And Kobe is immune for the most part because he has 5 rings. The main complaints about Kobe are related to ball hogging. Nobody will ever say that Kobe doesn't have the heart of a Champion because he's already shown it... 5 times.

JiffyMix88
06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
nope pretty sure the refs will get most of the criticism

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:21 AM
LeBron didn't get a pass. KD has showed us what he truly is. A spot shooter. There is nothing wrong with it but he can be limited. He will always shoot a high % but he has to be given the shot, he doesn't make it happen himself.

JiffyMix88
06-20-2012, 01:32 AM
LeBron didn't get a pass. KD has showed us what he truly is. A spot shooter. There is nothing wrong with it but he can be limited. He will always shoot a high % but he has to be given the shot, he doesn't make it happen himself.

please dont speak EVER again

torocan
06-20-2012, 01:32 AM

Erm, Lebron got passes for almost his entire time in Cleveland.

He hasn't gotten a pass in Miami... but he did join a 'super team', and talked about 6+ championships... and then he was a no show in the 4thQ for the entire finals against the Mavs last year.

If he'd shown up in the 4thQ against the Mavs, he wouldn't get nearly as much flack.
If he didn't promise 6+ championships he wouldn't get nearly as much flack.
If he didn't engineer a 'super team' he wouldn't get nearly as much flack.

And Durant can score in a multitude of ways... that includes jump shots and driving. He can also generate his own shot, he just doesn't force them most of the time.

28+ points average per game is as far from "limited" as you get.

It's easy to notice the jump shots because he makes them more than most other players and doesn't rely exclusively on heavily contested drives into the paint.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Erm, Lebron got passes for almost his entire time in Cleveland.

He hasn't gotten a pass in Miami... but he did join a 'super team', and talked about 6+ championships... and then he was a no show in the 4thQ for the entire finals against the Mavs last year.

If he'd shown up in the 4thQ against the Mavs, he wouldn't get nearly as much flack.
If he didn't promise 6+ championships he wouldn't get nearly as much flack.
If he didn't engineer a 'super team' he wouldn't get nearly as much flack.

And Durant can score in a multitude of ways... that includes jump shots and driving. He can also generate his own shot, he just doesn't force them most of the time.

28+ points average per game is as far from "limited" as you get.

It's easy to notice the jump shots because he makes them more than most other players and doesn't rely exclusively on heavily contested drives into the paint.

It's ok if you don't know what you are talking about. Durant has Westbrook shooting 62% with defenses focusing on him and Durant can't get open. He played pathetic the last two games. He is the reason they have lost the last two in Miami.

torocan
06-20-2012, 01:49 AM
It's ok if you don't know what you are talking about. Durant has Westbrook shooting 62% with defenses focusing on him and Durant can't get open. He played pathetic the last two games. He is the reason they have lost the last two in Miami.

Or maybe you should see what the game and numbers actually tell us...

28 points.
19 shots
12 jump shots
7 shots in the paint
9/9 FT's
9/19 shooting

Durant always tries to take the highest percentage shot, and his shots are usually contested.

How you don't see that as creating his own shot I have no idea.

You don't average 30 points a game without being able to create your own shot. :facepalm:

TylerSL
06-20-2012, 03:00 AM
I doubt it the media will play if off as he is a 23 year old kid, and fans will try to make some excuse like "Miami was awarded the title, nothing he could do" type thing.

Personally, yes I believe he deserves some critisism, not alot, but some. I know he is averaging 30 points on 55% shooting. But dude got himself in unnecessary foul trouble in Games 2 and 3 by making dumb reachins and going over the back that put OKC in a bind. Obviously its not all his fault as Harden has been as bad as Lebron last year, Westbrook has made some costly mistakes, and Brooks has failed to lead this team (although its hard when they are so young).

Bottom line, they are just too young.

Sactown
06-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Hell yeah he deserves criticism.. Other than score at an average clip he's done nothing else... He's been in foul trouble which hurts the team defense and even though he sags off into the paint he's not rebounding particularly well and even Chalmers lit him up because he sagged so far off he couldn't recover and contest... A really super star impacts the game with more than just scoring... Lebron has done a phenomenal job rebounding and has made the right move when being doubled and is still scoring... Durant has been severely out played

Hawkeye15
06-20-2012, 09:39 AM
I am far more interested to see if LeBron gets the credit he deserves than if the 23 year old first timer gets criticized.

felixng2012
06-20-2012, 09:46 AM
He should but he won't.

natelpete
06-20-2012, 09:47 AM
People don't hate Durant, so no. I think people will actually be reasonable when it comes to him. People just jump on any and every chance to attack LeBron.

Pretty much this

MR.TRIPDUB
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
i feel like he doesnt work enough to get the ball. he knows he will be covered all the time so maybe move through screens ala reggie. kd is almost unstoppable at catch and shoots.
so yeah he should get some critisism. he is their no.1 option, he is their best option, we know he wants to shoot, he just needs to work harder to get the ball.

Jarvo
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I hope he hits the gym and gets bigger all I'm going to say.

Blitzbolt
06-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Not yet just like Lebron he has to find some post moves and get more Rebounds and assist and try again.

pacofunk64
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
No No No...it's like saying Dominique Wilkens or Clyde Drexler being criticized for losing to Jordan. Sorry but LBJ is the greatest player on the planet and he has a couple of good side kicks too.

CHANGO
06-20-2012, 01:39 PM
He will and it will be deserved. I mean. He's the leader, right now he's just a scorer, another Ray Allen, are you kidding me? You are supposed to be the 2nd best player in the NBA, he's not shooting a lot, he's not rebounding, he's not demanding the ball, he's not defending, he's not doing what he have to do, he's just scoring, Westbrook is the one that have to score, rebound, assist, defend, and stay out of foul trouble but he gets all the criticism. Right now Westbrook is the one giving it all 110% in the court, Durant is just playing the game.

Durant in the Finals...
30.3pts, 55%, 4.8reb, 2.0ast, 3.0to
Against the Spurs.
29.5pts, 53%, 7.5reb, 5.3ast, 2.5TO

Westbrook in Finals...
29pts, 48%, 7.0REB, 6.8AST, 2.3TO

Be the judge...

TopsyTurvy
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
The only criticism that can be justly levied against Durant is his proclivity for committing stupid fouls. His length has harmed his ability to cover the pick and roll and he has missed minutes as a result.

cubbies7177
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM

it's not harder to hate durant because he shows up at the end of the game.. and more importantly, imo, he WANTS to show up. assuming everything goes as planned, lebron will wrap this up, but prior to this... i think most ppl were hating on the fact that lebron didnt WANT to show up at the end all the time.. it almost seemed like he was trying to be invisible.

i dunno, thats what i was confused by for the longest time.. anyway, durant absolutely deserves hate. part of being a leader also is getting people going.. and as much as the fouls were annoying him, he should have adapted (im not saying its his fault they lost) and help harden get out of his funk, etc...

so yes. harden deserves the most hate. but they all deserve hate.. they kept going back to iso ball, when they knew that miami had some of the best iso defenders (minus big men.. but perkins isnt much of a threat)

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I think a lot of you didn't read the OP.

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 01:55 PM
He will and it will be deserved. I mean. He's the leader, right now he's just a scorer, another Ray Allen, are you kidding me? You are supposed to be the 2nd best player in the NBA, he's not shooting a lot, he's not rebounding, he's not demanding the ball, he's not defending, he's not doing what he have to do, he's just scoring, Westbrook is the one that have to score, rebound, assist, defend, and stay out of foul trouble but he gets all the criticism. Right now Westbrook is the one giving it all 110% in the court, Durant is just playing the game.

Durant in the Finals...
30.3pts, 55%, 4.8reb, 2.0ast, 3.0to
Against the Spurs.
29.5pts, 53%, 7.5reb, 5.3ast, 2.5TO

Westbrook in Finals...
29pts, 48%, 7.0REB, 6.8AST, 2.3TO

Be the judge...

Exactly I don't really want to sound like a nerd "but with great power comes great responsibility"

daleja424
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
he should...

honestly...I didnt see the fire last night. At least a half dozen times Lebron or Battier got physical with him and denied him the ball all the way out to half court and he just kinda shrugged his shoulder and took the play off.

but alas... Westbrook, Harden, and Brooks will get most of the criticism (although even they will get off pretty easy...it will be written off as them being too young this time around)

knickfan33
06-20-2012, 02:01 PM
nah... its not the same is lebron, he's showed up to play every series, lebrons gotten so much blame for all the games he "dissapeared"

plus i think its a little early to call this series over, thunder win and bring the series back home for two games... ***** gonna get real.

Harden is the only one i think deserves a little criticism right now, its not that big a deal cause im pretty sure this team is going to be in the finals every year..lol

utl768
06-20-2012, 02:03 PM
he will get some but nothing like he deserves

his defense has been bad all series

knickfan33
06-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Exactly I don't really want to sound like a nerd "but with great power comes great responsibility"

nerd.

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 02:11 PM
nerd.

Says the guy who thinks he can trade Amar'e for Josh Smith. :pity:

Losoway
06-20-2012, 02:28 PM
he should . he been invisible these last 2 games after half time

Evolution23
06-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Durant is playing soft in the finals. Aside from game 1 he hasn't looked the same in the 4th quarter.

RaiderLakersA's
06-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes, Durant will be the poster child for coming up short. It's the way it should be, until he gets a ring.

willabeast77
06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
He has already been getting some criticism for the last 2 games for not having great 4th quarters. If he plays sub-par in game 5's 4th quarter and the Thunder lose, he will get some more criticism. Though, Westbrook, Harden, the role players and Scott Brooks should be getting more of the blame.

tredigs
06-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Durant is playing soft in the finals. Aside from game 1 he hasn't looked the same in the 4th quarter.

Didn't he have like 16 or 18 points in the 4th quarter of game two, setting an NBA Finals record for most points in back to back 4ths? Westbrook was ON ONE in the 4th last night - up until the final minute or two it was one of the more impressive runs we've seen in a long time in a situation that big. KD made the shots he took, but he was right to let Russ go.

KD has been great, but if the anti-Durant's (those who hate him specifically because he receives no hate... because why else would you?) need to find someone to blame, he'll be one of the targets.

For me, the majority of the blame thus far (if there has to be any) goes to Scott Brooks - right down to Westbrook not knowing the situation of the shot-clock resetting to 5 seconds last night. You have to MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE your players know what the move is if they lose that tip. Harden has also been painfully weak by his standards in a couple games now.

I do think it's lame that so many feel the need to blame, but Scott Brooks has certainly earned it. I laughed out loud when he was left off the 'worst coaches' poll the other day (a poll that included 10-15 coaches). By NBA standards, he's astoundingly pathetic.

Durant's 23 and playing absolutely phenomenal overall. Why would anyone blame him.

Swashcuff
06-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Didn't he have like 16 or 18 points in the 4th quarter of game two, setting an NBA Finals record for most points in back to back 4ths? Westbrook was ON ONE in the 4th last night - up until the final minute or two it was one of the more impressive runs we've seen in a long time in a situation that big. KD made the shots he took, but he was right to let Russ go.

KD has been great, but if the anti-Durant's (those who hate him specifically because he receives no hate... because why else would you?) need to find someone to blame, he'll be one of the targets.

For me, the majority of the blame thus far (if there has to be any) goes to Scott Brooks - right down to Westbrook not knowing the situation of the shot-clock resetting to 5 seconds last night. You have to MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE your players know what the move is if they lose that tip. Harden has also been painfully weak by his standards in a couple games now.

I do think it's lame that so many feel the need to blame, but Scott Brooks has certainly earned it. I laughed out loud when he was left off the 'worst coaches' poll the other day (a poll that included 10-15 coaches). By NBA standards, he's astoundingly pathetic.

Durant's 23 and playing absolutely phenomenal overall. Why would anyone blame him.

:nod:

I understand that it was noisy but he should have communicated this with his entire team before the jump ball

hail2skins4life
06-20-2012, 06:18 PM
people wont critisize him too much. But honestly he hasnt been stepping up really since game 1. Lebron has outplayed Durant so far this series.

People wont critize him cuz unlike lebron pl didnt expect him to be the next Jordan when he came into theleague

b@llhog24
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM

koreancabbage
06-22-2012, 12:40 AM
yes, but he won't. PSD loves Durant, for his humbleness, but totally failing to see his lack of defense (Mike Miller went off with Durant withholding any hands up for defense sake) and his motivation and drive. He did exactly what Lebron did last year, which was to defer to another teammate for them to try to win.

and he cried. and Bosh didn't last year? total double standards but we won't mention cuz he's PSD's golden boy.

i'm just explicably stating observations, nothing more

koreancabbage
06-22-2012, 12:40 AM
yes, but he won't. PSD loves Durant, for his humbleness, but totally failing to see his lack of defense (Mike Miller went off with Durant withholding any hands up for defense sake) and his motivation and drive. He did exactly what Lebron did last year, which was to defer to another teammate for them to try to win.

and he cried. and Bosh didn't last year? total double standards but we won't mention cuz he's PSD's golden boy.

b@llhog24
06-22-2012, 12:43 AM

Yea that part got to me, all of a sudden because its Durant who's crying that makes it cool? :pity:

popo85
06-22-2012, 12:56 AM
He should but not as much as Harden who completely choked this series and Perkins who looked like casper out there.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 12:58 AM
durant played great, miami was just the much better team

willabeast77
06-22-2012, 12:59 AM

Why does Durant deserve criticism? Of course some of it is valid simply for not winning the title but he still played great, considering it was his 1st Finals. It wasn't his fault his teammates didn't show up.

When did he cry? Was it during the interview at the press conference tables or immediately after the game on the court/locker room? I missed the part of it but how much of a cry was it? If it was anything like Bosh's dismal "cry/meltdown" then maybe he should get more criticism, but even at that, it's an over-reaction.

sf-fanatic
06-22-2012, 01:07 AM
^He cried after he left the court in the tunnel leading to the locker room. It was mainly when he hugged the owner and his parents.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Some of the people in this thread who bring up players like Harden and Perkins didn't meet standard are the same people who condemned Lebron because he lost with his time in Cleveland from his teammates failures.

Really? :eyebrow:

Davidgta1
06-22-2012, 07:26 AM
They didn't pass him the ball..

Bruno
06-22-2012, 08:08 AM

...did he lose with home-court? Three of the five games were played in Miami.

2-3-2 is wack.

Bruno
06-22-2012, 08:32 AM
30.6 points per game on a TS% of .65 against the leagues 4th ranked defense, against James and Battier all series long? He was fantastic.

with that being said, he deserves some criticism for not taking over at given points in given games. Durant needs to keep improving on defense, and most importantly his play-making abilities. it's tough to be in complete control of your team when there are two other players who facilitate, and control the ball so much. Durant needs to become a better passer, he needs to get that apg average up to 5.0.

the thunder showed their age this series.

SteBO
06-22-2012, 08:36 AM
People got on him for his rebounding, and he grabbed 11 boards last night. He needs to do that on a more consistent basis. Durant should get some criticism, but considering his overall offensive efficiency for this series, I'd find it hard pressed to do so. He made some some nice passes this series as well, so I know the versatility is there. He just needs to improve this offseason and try to bring that out more. It will OKC that much more lethal next year. Thank goodness there's no lockout.....the NBA will be back before you know it.

NBAfan4life
06-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I honestly don't know what more you could ask for. 31 points on 55 shooting, does he deserve a ton of criticism?

NBAfan4life
06-22-2012, 10:13 AM
durant played great, miami was just the much better team

This. Sorry I read the first page then read the rest of the thread

b@llhog24
06-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Some of the people in this thread who bring up players like Harden and Perkins didn't meet standard are the same people who condemned Lebron because he lost with his time in Cleveland from his teammates failures.

Really? :eyebrow:

Basically the premise for my thread. In Cleveland Lebron didn't get a pass by plenty of people even though he performed and his team was obviously outmatched. (although the Thunder weren't really that outmatched).

Alayla
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
When LBJ was that age all the media did was make excuses for him.
Just food for thought.

torocan
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
He's 23 and didn't exactly meltdown and become a no show during the Playoffs or the Finals series.

Sure, he made mistakes and has his weaknesses, but he was still exceptional.

People will give him time to grow, then judge him more in later seasons.

JordansBulls
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
I think the Thunder tried to play hero ball and they got burned for it. You aren't going to beat the Heat playing hero ball unless you have a player as good as the Heat's best players.

Honestly for this series I think Rondo over Westbrook would have been much better for OKC because he can get others involved in the game especially Ibaka and Perkins.

justinnum1
06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
i will say, replace the team lebron had with the team durant has when lbj went to the finals in 2007 and lbj would have won imo

JordansBulls
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
i will say, replace the team lebron had with the team durant has when lbj went to the finals in 2007 and lbj would have won imo

I don't know about that, Duncan would still at the top of his game.