PDA

View Full Version : Lebrons 3?

raiderfaninTX
06-20-2012, 12:13 AM
This game came down to two plays IMO

Westbrooks foul

and Lebrons three with 2:50 left in the game.

The three that broke psd, is that it is that the final nail in the coffin for anyone who has tried to criticize him for his performance late in games?

Also for those of you who have never had severe cramps while trying to run a race or play any sport, it is impossible to continue and it can take a couple of minutes to get your legs loose again.

Hitting that three while fighting cramps was huge imo.

So what did you guys think about the shot and the effect it had on the game?

utl768
06-20-2012, 12:14 AM
awesome moment

b@llhog24
06-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Seriously dude game thread, it'll just get moved anyways.

Swashcuff
06-20-2012, 12:18 AM
The three that broke psd

:laugh2:

davids22
06-20-2012, 12:32 AM
The three that broke psd

Hahaha I wish I could have been in the game thread when it happened. But I, you know, actually WATCH the game and wait to start trolling/talking **** until afterwards.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 12:36 AM
one of the greatest shots in Finals history. Showed more heart than any play made this entire series.

greg_ory_2005
06-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Lebron punk'd everyone. :laugh2:

DaSeba5
06-20-2012, 12:38 AM
1. Wade's block that led to a transition basket from an injured LeBron.

2. LeBron's 3 on one leg.

3. Chalmers drive and lay up late in the game.

4. Battiers tip to Chalmers on the jump ball that led to the FTs.

Those were the 4 biggest plays of the game.

NYtilIdie
06-20-2012, 12:40 AM
He barely got any lift on that shot too.

rickshaw
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
If a Kobe or Durant makes that shot, they would be compared to Bernard King. But since it's Lebron, it'll be forgotten the next time he misses a big shot and he'll be continued to be called unclutch, even if he gets a ring.

murphturph
06-20-2012, 12:42 AM
beautiful

CavsYanksDuke
These are all good plays, but you're completely forgetting when LeBron actually gets injured and the Thunder rush downcourt 5 vs. 4 and Wade BLOCKED THE HECK out of the ball. Then he tosses it down the line to LeBron who hit a bank shot.

Wade saved the Heat there and LeBron hit two HUGE shots on one leg.

LegendX
Amazing shot. Cramps are a ****ing *****. Wouldnt of been just a cramp either.

CavsYanksDuke
06-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Here's the play: http://youtu.be/30b8RM4XqNI

eibbor
06-20-2012, 12:52 AM
one of the greatest shots in Finals history. Showed more heart than any play made this entire series.

hahahahahahahahahaha, toddlers around here make an *** outta themselves way too often. ill bet at school, you dont pay attention in history either. lol SAD :facepalm:

CavsYanksDuke
06-20-2012, 12:55 AM
He didn't say it was THE best, and it honestly was the best play of the series considering the injury.

M.Bibby2.0
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
hahahahahahahahahaha, toddlers around here make an *** outta themselves way too often. ill bet at school, you dont pay attention in history either. lol SAD :facepalm:

Oh get off your high horse clown. It was a big time shot and changed the game, sparked a 7-0 run that lead to a game 4 win. If the heat close out within the next two games it could be the most pivotal play in the series.

TylerSL
06-20-2012, 01:00 AM
He barely got any lift on that shot too.

love the sig :cool:

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh get off your high horse clown. It was a big time shot and changed the game, sparked a 7-0 run that lead to a game 4 win. If the heat close out within the next two games it could be the most pivotal play in the series.

I'm not a Heat or OKC fan, but to say one of the greatest shots (which is was replying to) in finals history? lmfao. GTFO! Come back to planet earth. Novice, period

ManRam
Amazing play.

Defining moment of the series IMO.

TylerSL
These are all good plays, but you're completely forgetting when LeBron actually gets injured and the Thunder rush downcourt 5 vs. 4 and Wade BLOCKED THE HECK out of the ball. Then he tosses it down the line to LeBron who hit a bank shot.

Wade saved the Heat there and LeBron hit two HUGE shots on one leg.

this!!!

JC_
06-20-2012, 01:05 AM
The fact that it broke PSD is all that needs to be said

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:06 AM
It was one of the greatest shots in Finals History.

NYSPORTSALLDAY
06-20-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm not a Heat or OKC fan, but to say one of the greatest shots (which is was replying to) in finals history? lmfao. GTFO! Come back to planet earth. Novice, period

This 1,000%

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:07 AM

:facepalm:

GSWFanInLA
06-20-2012, 01:08 AM
:facepalm:

Why face palm? he's not wrong lol

M.Bibby2.0
06-20-2012, 01:09 AM

and I'm a fan of neither as well, it doesn't change the fact that people like you like to discredit lebron. If it leads to a championship that's the best shot he's made in playoffs, and a proverbial game changer in the series. Consider the difference between 2-2 ad 3-1 with 1 home game left. Factor in his injury, yea it's a big time play. I don't have a ranking for you in terms of finals shots, but one day it'll be considered one of lebrons greatest plays, and a big time finals moment, maybe you'll appreciate it more then novice.

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Why face palm? he's not wrong lol

OH yes he is. I've watched every finals since 88 and have seen video of plenty of finals games prior to that. To even think that 3 was one of the greatest plays in finals history is ridiculous and shows lack of nba knowledge.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 01:12 AM

One of the greatest shot in finals history with more than 2 mins left to play In the game maybe.

Honestly good shot, but chalmers and wade were so much more critical down the stretch than james, not to mention the battier hustle play on the jump ball

It was a great shot but you guys have to have higher standards. Unless you have never seen a finals series before them you have no business calling an open 3 pointer with 2:30+ left, one of the greatest shots ever.

I'm not a james hater, just being honest.

NYtilIdie
06-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Claiming it was one of the best shots EVER in Finals history is a bit overboard, but it was definitely the biggest shot in the series so far.

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:14 AM
and I'm a fan of neither as well, it doesn't change the fact that people like you like to discredit lebron. If it leads to a championship that's the best shot he's made in playoffs, and a proverbial game changer in the series. Consider the difference between 2-2 ad 3-1 with 1 home game left. Factor in his injury, yea it's a big time play. I don't have a ranking for you in terms of finals shots, but one day it'll be considered one of lebrons greatest plays, and a big time finals moment, maybe you'll appreciate it more then novice.

I don't like to discredit Lebron. He is GREAT! But that doesn't prove anything as far as what is being discussed. That 3 wasn't ANYWHERE near one of the greatest nba finals plays in history. That is just stupid to say. Come on...

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:14 AM
I am just talking about went down with cramps came back in and banged down a shotclock 3 to spread the lead. After that shot he was done. Amazing play by a great player.

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Claiming it was one of the best shots EVER in Finals history is a bit overboard, but it was definitely the biggest shot in the series so far.

This... But I guess I'm just a troll

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
baring a 3 game win streak from okc and the biggest meltdown in finals history, the nonsense about lebron performance in late games should be over, he is not michael. he is not magic. he is lebron. and the only question now is how many rings can this guy win?

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:16 AM
I am just talking about went down with cramps came back in and banged down a shotclock 3 to spread the lead. After that shot he was done. Amazing play by a great player.

It was an amazing play, yes. Just not all time.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 01:17 AM
OH yes he is. I've watched every finals since 88 and have seen video of plenty of finals games prior to that. To even think that 3 was one of the greatest plays in finals history is ridiculous and shows lack of nba knowledge.

I agree with you. I've watched big shot after big shot just like that in every finals series since 89. Again I'm not taking away for his value because he's been incredible but that shot was not this legendary thing ppl are trying to sell it as. He wasn't Willis Reed injured when taking that shot and he was open.

I'd like to know how many playoff/final series these people have watched. Christ Bob horry or derek fisher or john paxson or steve kerr have hit 3-4 shots just as big themselves.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:18 AM
It was an amazing play, yes. Just not all time.

I didn't say it was the greatest of all time. I said it was one of the greatest. There is a difference. With all the talk about him being a choker, he can't hit the big shot, KD is the best in the league. Then he walks onto the court barely able to walk and bangs down the three that changed the games momentum.

Huge

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:20 AM
I agree with you. I've watched big shot after big shot just like that in every finals series since 89. Again I'm not taking away for his value because he's been incredible but that shot was not this legendary thing ppl are trying to sell it as. He wasn't Willis Reed injured when taking that shot and he was open.

I'd like to know how many playoff/final series these people have watched. Christ Bob horry or derek fisher or john paxson or steve kerr have hit 3-4 shots just as big themselves.

Exactly. People just seem to remember the stars and forget about great plays in games actually played. You bringing up big shot Bob brings back some memories!

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:22 AM
I didn't say it was the greatest of all time. I said it was one of the greatest. There is a difference. With all the talk about him being a choker, he can't hit the big shot, KD is the best in the league. Then he walks onto the court barely able to walk and bangs down the three that changed the games momentum.

Huge

It was huge for the game, of course. Not near one of the greatest, but a great shot nonetheless

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:25 AM
It was huge for the game, of course. Not near one of the greatest, but a great shot nonetheless

You are telling me you don't think this will be replayed over and over for the rest of LeBron's career. It was a huge basket in his career and a huge shot for him to get over the hump in the Finals.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Exactly. People just seem to remember the stars and forget about great plays in games actually played. You bringing up big shot Bob brings back some memories!

Exactly and I don't think either of us are detracting from how spectacular Lebron has been this series but the reality is that every Finals series has pivotal shots like this being made by big stars at big moments. It doesn't make any less special or important but don't try and qualify it on the same level as say, Game 6 Jordan v the Jazz. Saying its one of the all time great shots is just a bit of a reach.

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:30 AM
You are telling me you don't think this will be replayed over and over for the rest of LeBron's career. It was a huge basket in his career and a huge shot for him to get over the hump in the Finals.

Whatever my answer would be to that question makes no difference. You jumped the gun and gave too much credit to a play that excited you. The answer to your question here has nothing to do with one of the greatest shots in finals history... It just doesn't. Stop grasping for straws. It was a great shot. It was big for the Heat. It was one of Lebrons biggest shots so far, yes. However, it was not one of the biggest shots in finals history. It just wasn't, bro.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 01:31 AM

And it doesn't mean sh** if his teammates don't hit several more key shots and wade doesn't make an incredible defensive block in the last two and a half minutes.

The real story is the rest of Lebrons supporting cast stepping and finishing the last 2 minutes with lebron injured and unable to help.

310Casper
06-20-2012, 01:31 AM
In the mind of most nba fans (excluding miami), Lebron will always have an asterisk next to this championship. Just like barry bonds has one for the home run title.

This was one of the most rigged series I've ever seen, and I've been watching this stuff for over 2 decades.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah LeBrons 26/9/12 line is garbage......lulz you haters are funny. Go back to your hole troll.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Jesus, this is why I can't stand discussing Lebron. Everyone over exaggerates both his failures and his successes.

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Exactly and I don't think either of us are detracting from how spectacular Lebron has been this series but the reality is that every Finals series has pivotal shots like this being made by big stars at big moments. It doesn't make any less special or important but don't try and qualify it on the same level as say, Game 6 Jordan v the Jazz. Saying its one of the all time great shots is just a bit of a reach.

This. I will be and apparently you will be one of those ppl who were lucky enough to see Jordans career, esp playoff career and Lebrons as well. There have been so many great plays and so many great series. I'm very glad I'm getting to see Lebron and I do think he is great and is a special player. But to think of all the plays i finals series I've personally watched in the last 15 years or so... There have been many. I guess my perspective is different than some who are newer to the nba

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:37 AM
In the mind of most nba fans (excluding miami), Lebron will always have an asterisk next to this championship. Just like barry bonds has one for the home run title.

This was one of the most rigged series I've ever seen, and I've been watching this stuff for over 2 decades.

hahahaha......lets add an asterisk from when Jordan pushed off then. LeBron has still played out of his mind. Missed calls for both teams. Stop hating troll.

eibbor
06-20-2012, 01:40 AM
hahahaha......lets add an asterisk from when Jordan pushed off then. LeBron has still played out of his mind. Missed calls for both teams. Stop hating troll.

No asterisk. You are correct. Lebrons all around game is great. Almost disgusting lol No matter who a person sees calls in one game or another... Lebron has inside, outside, the dish, the drive and a nose for the ball on rebounds. Crazy.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Chitownbears, relax man this debate isn't personal. No body is taking away from the phenomenal performance your boy Lebron has put forth. All we are saying is that calling that shot one of the few benchmark shots in NBA history is a little outrageous and irresponsible in terms of historical perspective. Yes it was great but what was greater was the way this team finally rallied behind lebrons leadership and put forth a TEAM effort to close the game while their star was ailing on the sideline.

Lebron hit a big shot but what's been missing from miami is that total team effort and tonight they got it down the stretch and certainly Lebron was crucial to that rally but it was a complete team effort.

Just dont over exaggerate this historical significance of things is what ppl are critical of. Heck this wasn't even a clinching game. We don't even know how the series will turn out. If oKC wins 3 in a row (not likely) that shot wont mean much will it.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Chitownbears, relax man this debate isn't personal. No body is taking away from the phenomenal performance your boy Lebron has put forth. All we are saying is that calling that shot one of the few benchmark shots in NBA history is a little outrageous and irresponsible in terms of historical perspective. Yes it was great but what was greater was the way this team finally rallied behind lebrons leadership and put forth a TEAM effort to close the game while their star was ailing on the sideline.

Lebron hit a big shot but what's been missing from miami is that total team effort and tonight they got it down the stretch and certainly Lebron was crucial to that rally but it was a complete team effort.

Just dont over exaggerate this historical significance of things is what ppl are critical of. Heck this wasn't even a clinching game. We don't even know how the series will turn out. If oKC wins 3 in a row (not likely) that shot wont mean much will it.

You must be the curator to the great basketball shot museum. Sorry for having an opinion. Dr. All Knowing

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:02 AM
You must be the curator to the great basketball shot museum. Sorry for having an opinion. Dr. All Knowing

Listen buddy Im trying to help you out. You already got ethered by several people on this forum I'm just trying to explain why your comments are being criticized. If you want to continue to have your opinion viewed as an irrational Lebron Fanboy than so be it. You've already exposed your opinions as being suspect with the way youve reacted to rational criticism yet you continue to be defensive against people who aren't even disagreeing with your opinions on how good lebron is.

Some of us here try to be fair, balanced, and unbiased your the one who is over exaggerating things before we even know the full impact or outcome of the series.

I'm done putting your irrational ***** on blast

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Listen buddy Im trying to help you out. You already got ethered by several people on this forum I'm just trying to explain why your comments are being criticized. If you want to continue to have your opinion viewed as an irrational Lebron Fanboy than so be it. You've already exposed your opinions as being suspect with the way youve reacted to rational criticism yet you continue to be defensive against people who aren't even disagreeing with your opinions on how good lebron is.

Some of us here try to be fair, balanced, and unbiased your the one who is over exaggerating things before we even know the full impact or outcome of the series.

I'm done putting your irrational ***** on blast

Yes ma'am. I think it was one of the greatest shots in Finals history. Your opinion means **** to me. I am happy with it and it was impressive. Eat it.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes ma'am. I think it was one of the greatest shots in Finals history. Your opinion means **** to me. I am happy with it and it was impressive. Eat it.

More insults and attacks yet no rational, calculated argumentation based on facts and reality. Nothing like an Internet gangster acting tough behind his key board.

I'm glad you enjoyed the shot and Im glad your enjoying your first finals series. I promise if you watch basketball for a couple more years, you'll realize what a great sport this is as each season brings great plays like this from great players year after year. I'm excited for you to see how exhilarating plays can be in an actual championship clinching game as well.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Been watching basketball for almost 10 years now. Sorry I don't have your longevity. You are the reason why young people will not watch basketball. You feel you know everything because you are a little bit older and have watched more games. That is fine though I really don't care. I enjoy the sport and I am happy my team is about to win another championship!

Like I said eat it for being a condecending tool.

blams
06-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Amazing

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Lol at dude ignoring the great plays made by Chalmers, Wade, and Battier after Lebron made a shot with 2:50 left to go in the game.

Fact is Lebron got his team going in the final minutes but that shot means nothing if his teammates don't make some huge plays to close the final few minutes out.

NBAFan2012
06-20-2012, 02:20 AM
It was a 3 he had to shoot because the shot clock was winding down, he does this every playoffs. And No. Also someone should make a thread "Is this the most Threads ever started that end with a Question Mark?

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Lol at dude ignoring the great plays made by Chalmers, Wade, and Battier after Lebron made a shot with 2:50 left to go in the game.

Fact is Lebron got his team going in the final minutes but that shot means nothing if his teammates don't make some huge plays to close the final few minutes out.

The thread is about that specific shot, did you know that, I guess you didn't. Take a night class on reading comprehension. The question was about his 3. It wasn't about what battier, chalmers, or wade did after. The shot was a momentum changer that took all the wind out of OKC. He was hurt and he still hit the big shot.

The thread isn't about clutch shots or with time expiring shots. It was about that shot. And it will go down as a legendary shot in my opinion. It will be talked about in a couple years as a huge shot in LeBrons career.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Been watching basketball for almost 10 years now. Sorry I don't have your longevity. You are the reason why young people will not watch basketball. You feel you know everything because you are a little bit older and have watched more games. That is fine though I really don't care. I enjoy the sport and I am happy my team is about to win another championship!

Like I said eat it for being a condecending tool.

I'm still waiting for a rational argument defending your qualifying statement that a shot with 3 mins left in a non-clinching game is one of the GREATEST shots of all time.

I imagine I'll be waiting for some time.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm still waiting for a rational argument defending your qualifying statement that a shot with 3 mins left in a non-clinching game is one of the GREATEST shots of all time.

I imagine I'll be waiting for some time.

I just answered you. I am waiting for you to become competent at reading the english language.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:28 AM
At what time in the game did Dr. J pull off the amazing swoop move. Would you say that is one of the greatest shots in Finals history? Hell he even lost that game but it is still replayed over and over again.

#logic'd

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:29 AM
The thread is about that specific shot, did you know that, I guess you didn't. Take a night class on reading comprehension. The question was about his 3. It wasn't about what battier, chalmers, or wade did after. The shot was a momentum changer that took all the wind out of OKC. He was hurt and he still hit the big shot.

The thread isn't about clutch shots or with time expiring shots. It was about that shot. And it will go down as a legendary shot in my opinion. It will be talked about in a couple years as a huge shot in LeBrons career.

And I have addresses my opinion on that shot. You have ignored that I have called the shot great.

I have simply called you out for overstating the significane of a shot that not only didn't win the team a championship, but wasn't even the gaming winning shot.

All my statements have been relevant to the shot, as I have explained why I feel it should not be given the significance you have tried to attach to it. Again, I have not attacked you personally like you continue to do to me. I simply stand behind my argument something that you have failed to make.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:34 AM
I guess you have no answer. Guess all that knowledge and history is failing you. Give up.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:35 AM
At what time in the game did Dr. J pull off the amazing swoop move. Would you say that is one of the greatest shots in Finals history? Hell he even lost that game but it is still replayed over and over again.

#logic'd

Dr.J's shot is replayed for the sheer athleticism and jumping ability it to took to make such a shot. To compare that legendary shot to an OPEN, Stationary jump shot is INSANE. Listen to yourself, this has got to be some kind of sick joke.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:36 AM
And now your baiting troll.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Dr.J's shot is replayed for the sheer athleticism and jumping ability it to took to make such a shot. To compare that legendary shot to an OPEN, Stationary jump shot is INSANE. Listen to yourself, this has got to be some kind of sick joke.

So Dr. J's shot wasn't one of the greatest in Finals history? It was just a symbol of athleticism. Lulz you are funny.

Then LeBrons is the greatest for sheer will to hit the big shot even though he was injured, even though the critics said he couldn't, even though everyone in the sports world had OKC winning the series in 5 or 6.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:38 AM
And now your baiting troll.

You called me out in the same manner. Mr. Pot what color is this kettle?

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:41 AM
Continue to put words in my mouth.

I just said its a travesty to compare Dr.J's memorable highlight reel shot to a stationary jump shot with three minutes left in a non-deciding game.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Continue to put words in my mouth.

I just said its a travesty to compare Dr.J's memorable highlight reel shot to a stationary jump shot with three minutes left in a non-deciding game.

Dr. J lost his game. LeBron's could be argued to be a better shot because it took the breath out of OKC and they never recovered. It was a dagger. Unlike j's who's shot was just fancy and meaningless.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:46 AM
You called me out in the same manner. Mr. Pot what color is this kettle?

I'm done I've had enough of this. I actually get paid to coach a real life basketball team and we have off season workouts tomorrow morning. So I'll take my lack of knowledge and uneducated opinion to bed so I can do my job to the best of my ability instead of wasting my time with some who cares more about being a troll than making educated and insightful arguments

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Thanks though Chitown it's been fun it really has

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 02:58 AM
I brought up a real shot that didn't happen at the last second, which apparently is the only way to make a notable shot in your opinion. LeBron's shot was amazing and you just don't care to admit it because you are just another hater and troll.

Enjoy coaching your boys team Sandu..........nevermind

Anyone who cares to look at the facts can see I've states on five occasions In this thread that Lebrons shot was a huge, big time shot.

Stick to the facts when your paraphrasing my opinions.

Ps. I'm a respected school teacher and coach in my area and your cute comments calling me sandusky are over the line and classless just like you've proven yourself to be throughout this entire thread.

sventhedog
06-20-2012, 04:38 AM
that's the closest lebron could be to MJ's flu game.

natelpete
06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Obviously not one of the greatest moment in Finals history but could be the defining moment of this series, considering he did it on one leg and hasn't been shooting well from the outside.

koreancabbage
06-20-2012, 11:07 AM
who knows, that was the game changer (taking the lead after OKC came back) and Miami never looked back.

They keep showing Jordan's flu-like symptoms in the commercials as well so we'll never know how "amazing" it was till like a few years down the road.

It was definitely the defining moment of the series however and probably his career. That his will is stronger than his body and it took 3 chances (finals appearances) to actually show up.

daleja424
06-20-2012, 11:22 AM
fantastic shot. I was at the game and I immediately thought it was a Willis Reed moment.

HEAT were up two, then Lebron goes down and the Thunder score a quick 4 and the HEAT seem LOST on both ends. Feels like the Thunder might steal the game. Then Lebron limps back on the court and HEAT go on a 7-0 run, including a go-ahead (and stay-ahead) 3 from Lebron, who was just seconds beforw writhing in agony on the HEAT bench. Just a spectacular series of events in which Lebron was able to ease the nerves of his teammates and make a momentum changing play.

knicks4life33
06-20-2012, 12:16 PM
cant compare that to rondo when his shoulder dislocated and came out and came back in the game in the playoffs i forgot which year

69centers
06-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Botched defense by Sefolosha and OKC. With Lebron clearly not being able to drive, they should have been playing right up in his grill. Thabo was a million miles away.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-20-2012, 12:29 PM
fantastic shot. I was at the game and I immediately thought it was a Willis Reed moment.

HEAT were up two, then Lebron goes down and the Thunder score a quick 4 and the HEAT seem LOST on both ends. Feels like the Thunder might steal the game. Then Lebron limps back on the court and HEAT go on a 7-0 run, including a go-ahead (and stay-ahead) 3 from Lebron, who was just seconds beforw writhing in agony on the HEAT bench. Just a spectacular series of events in which Lebron was able to ease the nerves of his teammates and make a momentum changing play.

My thoughts exactly. If some fans actually believed that Lebron was faking the injury, how do they explain him sitting out that last minute? There is no way he would do that if he was anywhere near capable of playing well. He knew he would be a detriment to the team with his lateral quickness on the defensive side and made the right decision to sit out.

tp13baby
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
I think Lebron this series showed he can rings after rings even with hardly any help. This playoffs have been great.

stawka
06-20-2012, 12:42 PM
LeBron is not clutch, and he traveled on the 3, and he choked too, AND he faked the injury

koLohe2133
06-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Seriously,

Lebron might be a great player....but he chased.....

He's like the 35 year old chick who goes to the bar and jumps on the guy who might have money and might be looking to settle down.

I don't care how many rings he has, I will NEVER RESPECT HIM

koLohe2133
06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
I heard he took some midol on the bench too

stawka
06-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah, let's disrespect a guy for wanting to win. **** it!! Let's disrespect a guy for giving up HIS team, to join another team, and in the face of plenty of adversity, is on the verge of his first title!! When I watch basketball, I want to see guys play with heart and take the game serious, so when a guy does all that I mentioned above to up his chances of winning, nothing but respect man!

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Lebron and his fake willis reed moment. that guy is so fake, I think he really milks these in game injuries to make himself look better. Maybe he is faking the injuries so he doesnt have to play the last 2 minutes and not be criticized...

Lebron has always been a bit fake to me, but congrats to him and the Miami Heat. they definitely earned this.

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Lebron and his fake willis reed moment. that guy is so fake, I think he really milks these in game injuries to make himself look better. Maybe he is faking the injuries so he doesnt have to play the last 2 minutes and not be criticized...

Lebron has always been a bit fake to me, but congrats to him and the Miami Heat. they definitely earned this.

you obviously never played a sport or had a cramp

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
you obviously never played a sport or had a cramp

I used to play soccer in college.

Lebron has been faking or milking injuries his whole career as if it would make the moment greater when he makes a big shot. He may get his ring this year. He might end up with 5 when its all said and done.

but in the court of public opinion, he took the easy way out.

heyman321
06-20-2012, 01:23 PM
That shot was totally rigged. Lebron is a choker! Choking all the way to a chip.....

heyman321
06-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Lebron has been faking or milking injuries his whole career as if it would make the moment greater when he makes a big shot. He may get his ring this year. He might end up with 5 when its all said and done.

You took the easy way out, in the public's opinion.

CHANGO
06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Cry me a river!! Now he's faking the injury! Next time?

koLohe2133
06-20-2012, 01:31 PM
If I saw Lebron walking down the street I'd slap him like the ***** he is.

And it annoys me to no end that my iPhone autocorrects his name and puts it in caps

justinnum1
06-20-2012, 01:40 PM

Intramurals don't count

And it annoys me to no end that my iPhone autocorrects his name and puts it in caps

Just make sure you have a buddy tape it. Oh wait, thats right, your just talking some **** on the internet.

Proceed.

CHANGO
06-20-2012, 01:41 PM

What a gangstaaa! :hide:

koLohe2133
06-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Intramurals don't cant.

Just make sure you have a buddy tape it. Oh wait, thats right, your just talking some **** on the internet.

Proceed.

Cant doesn't count neither

koLohe2133
06-20-2012, 01:57 PM
what a gangstaaa! :hide:

ありがとうございます!

bucketss
06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Seriously,

Lebron might be a great player....but he chased.....

He's like the 35 year old chick who goes to the bar and jumps on the guy who might have money and might be looking to settle down.

I don't care how many rings he has, I will NEVER RESPECT HIM

your respect for him is very valued sir,please reconsider.

okay this was hilarious lol

gbrl
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM

this, stern clearly raised the game sliders for the heat at the end of the game allowing lebron to make that three

BSardogan
06-20-2012, 06:43 PM
this, stern clearly raised the game sliders for the heat at the end of the game allowing lebron to make that three

No, he just disabled the clutch factor in the in-game settings.

Sssmush
06-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Lebron is great, I don't think anybody is hatin' on Lebron.

Although, with the cramps episode, if they had lost that game and gone on to lose the series, I'm not sure any of us would've heard the end of it, ever.

That said, Lebron seems to have to muscle inside to score, he is not a scorer like, say, Kobe, who can light it up from a vast number of angles and ranges. He seems to me more like a Barkley type guy.

Great player though, would do well on the Lakers...

dodie53
06-20-2012, 07:03 PM
great shot,
with the clock winding down too.
and oh,
with the cramps

DR_1
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM

:laugh:

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 08:52 PM
:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo1UlzDeY-o

bucketss
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo1UlzDeY-o

:laugh: i just coughed up a kidney cott dammit

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:04 PM
:laugh: i just coughed up a kidney cott dammit

I just get iritated when people try to downplay the shot. We still see the Dr. J swoop play all the time even though they lost the game and it happened at an insignificant point.

LeBron has been told he is not clutch for the last 9 years.
LeBron has a leg cramp and can barely walk.
LeBron steps up when the shotclock is expiring in a tied game and hits the big 3.
The shot kills OKC's psyche and the HEAT go on to win game 4.

Big shot. And has a place in history as a great shot.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 09:08 PM
I love how when Paul Pierce gets wheeled off the floor in a wheel chair for a shoulder injury a few years back in the Finals and comes back to hit some big shots its called heroic.

But when Lebron loses his legs to cramps, hes called a faker and a clown. Leg cramps are no joke during a game and when they start locking up your toast. He hit the biggest shot of the game with no legs and caused he teammates to rally around him and have the confidence to close the game, when he was no longer physically able to. Now grant it, it wasnt no Willis Reed or Jordan Flu type moment, but it was a huge play and showed the type of warrior/leader/floor general that the man is.

James is not one of my favorite players but the same people who rip the man when he has an off night, need to give him his due when he hits a clutch shot like he did last night. He's not only been the best individual player on the floor all series but he's also done a epic job at making those around him play beyond their own potential and limitations.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I love how when Paul Pierce gets wheeled off the floor in a wheel chair for a shoulder injury a few years back in the Finals and comes back to hit some big shots its called heroic.

But when Lebron loses his legs to cramps, hes called a faker and a clown. Leg cramps are no joke during a game and when they start locking up your toast. He hit the biggest shot of the game with no legs and caused he teammates to rally around him and have the confidence to close the game, when he was no longer physically able to. Now grant it, it wasnt no Willis Reed or Jordan Flu type moment, but it was a huge play and showed the type of warrior/leader/floor general that the man is.

James is not one of my favorite players but the same people who rip the man when he has an off night, need to give him his due when he hits a clutch shot like he did last night. He's not only been the best individual player on the floor all series but he's also done a epic job at making those around him play beyond their own potential and limitations.

I think LeBron kinda pulled a Pierce last night and kinda over exaggerated it a little(Pierce's was actually a knee injury but probably wasn't to the extent of being taken off a wheel chair. Even though he said there was a ton of pain he wouldn't be able to play in game 2, I don't buy it.) And now I'm not a hater, LeBron is the best in the game and it was probably the most clutch shot so far in the series. And the troll that's saying it's one of the best in NBA Finals history is out of his mind.

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
I think LeBron kinda pulled a Pierce last night and kinda over exaggerated it a little(Pierce's was actually a knee injury but probably wasn't to the extent of being taken off a wheel chair. Even though he said there was a ton of pain he wouldn't be able to play in game 2, I don't buy it.) And now I'm not a hater, LeBron is the best in the game and it was probably the most clutch shot so far in the series. And the troll that's saying it's one of the best in NBA Finals history is out of his mind.

Are you sure it was a knee, I couldve swore I saw a replay of it recently that said it was a shoulder injury? If I misspoke I apologize, my point was simply that some players just cant win in the court of public opinion.

My stance is both Pierce and Lebron's moments have to be taken at face value and you have to trust that neither elite athlete would intentionally fake the severity of an injury. Although, Im not ruling out that injuries are milked, however I would prefer to be a sunny optimist and assume that everyone plays the game with integrity and honor.

Again, I apologize if I misrepresented the facts, I couldve swore I saw recently that Pierce's injury was a shoulder injury; thats why I attached so much irony to him being wheeled off the floor.

ChitownBears22
06-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Yes LeBron was faking that is why he sat the last two minutes after he hit his shot. :facepalm::facepalm:

Seriously do people think before they post?

bedford1829
06-20-2012, 09:21 PM
It was a knee, I apologize.

StinkEye
06-20-2012, 09:36 PM
You have to be a huge hater to think that LeBron was faking that. Has he done anything these playoffs to make you think that he wouldn't want to be on the floor?

GSWFanInLA
06-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Okay, if the Heat win the series I think that could be considered of the biggest shots in nba finals history.

There were so many things on the line:

- Injured(cramps)
- He's not clutch
- He can't win a ring

And he overcame all of that by hitting that shot with the game on the line.