PDA

View Full Version : Peralta ejected from game for a foreign substance in glove

grandsalami
06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
@AdamKilgoreWP: Press box announcement on Joel Peralta: Ejected for having a "foreign substance on or in his fielding glove."

RaysFan
06-19-2012, 09:58 PM
LoL, what a joke

metswon69
06-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Wacky Glue?

rocket
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
lol what the ****

Boston-Born
06-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Joel Peralta was ejected from Tuesday's game for having a foreign substance on his glove.
Interesting. Nationals manager Davey Johnson had the umpire crew check Peralta's glove before the eighth inning even started, and he was sent to the showers after an investigation was completed. Peralta played for the Nats in 2010, which makes you think they knew going into the game that he usually has a little something on his glove. We probably haven't heard the end of this story

WrightStuff82
06-19-2012, 10:28 PM
If anyone has MLB.tv.. Watch the 7th inning of the 3rd game between the Rays-Mets last week when JP Howell was on the mound. He had gotten rocked the previous two nights and in this inning his 2-seamer looked something out of the Bugs Bunny cartoon. I told a buddy I was watching it with that he was manipulating the ball with something. He did not have that kind of movement at all the previous two games. It was completely absurd how it was moving.

Jeffy25
06-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Sure, it's against the rules technically....but what could he have put it in there that would make any difference?

sexicano31
06-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Sure, it's against the rules technically....but what could he have put it in there that would make any difference?

Seamen

Carlznerson
06-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Nats minor leaguer who had played with Peralta in AAA in 2010 I believe stated that the amount of pine tar he uses is unbelievable.

49GiantWarriors
06-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Duct Tape? That **** always works

rocket
06-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Seamen

:laugh:

Sweet_Caroline
06-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Well this should keep him out of the HOF.

Twinke Masta
06-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Seamen

I believe it's semen

Seamen are what you would find packed in a long hard black submarine

carson005
06-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I believe it's semen

Seamen are what you would find packed in a long hard black submarine
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090204235932/southpark/images/0/0d/SeaMan.jpg

Jeffy25
06-19-2012, 11:46 PM
You can ignore my above post, I was thinking of a different Peralta, not the pitcher.

I was thinking this was about a fielder, not a pitcher.

metswon69
06-20-2012, 12:01 AM
You can ignore my above post, I was thinking of a different Peralta, not the pitcher.

Jhonny?

WrightStuff82
06-20-2012, 12:07 AM
haha at Maddon...

“It was kind of a p--- move to go out there and do that under those circumstances,” Maddon said. “I like the word p--- move.”

“From a real veteran staff on the other side, knowing how this thing works and how it’s worked for many, many years, you can go back to spitball pitchers to greaseball pitchers to whatever kind of pitchers to scuffball pitchers, this is just how the game has been played for 100 years, more than that,” he said. “So to single out Joel Peralta tonight, that’s my concern.”

In retaliation, Maddon asked that Tschida check Nationals reliever Ryan Mattheus’ hat and glove.

“I looked at the hat,” Tschida said. “He put them both out. I looked at the hat. The hat was all sweat anyway. And the glove was clean as a whistle.”

Jeffy25
06-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Jhonny?

yup.

I was wondering why it mattered if a fielder had a foreign substance on his glove

metswon69
06-20-2012, 12:11 AM
yup.

I was wondering why it mattered if a fielder had a foreign substance on his glove

Lol, me too...........

metswon69
06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
The better question is what was it?

Vaseline?

Now i have to know, the suspense is gonna kill me :rolleyes:

Jeffy25
06-20-2012, 12:32 AM
BTW, if you really wanted to do something to a baseball, the catcher should be the one with the stuff inside the mitt, no one has done that before, and it would be easy for him to conceal it and rub it as he tosses it back.

Corey
06-20-2012, 12:39 AM
BTW, if you really wanted to do something to a baseball, the catcher should be the one with the stuff inside the mitt, no one has done that before, and it would be easy for him to conceal it and rub it as he tosses it back.

No one has been caught *

ImgoodHarbaughU
06-20-2012, 12:46 AM
The good ole vaseline ball. I prefer a little vicks under the nose keeps the snot balls coming.

Jeffy25
06-20-2012, 01:04 AM
No one has been caught *

truth

Although, I thought I had an original idea :)

nithanyo
06-20-2012, 01:57 AM

its not like the catcher is 2 feet infront of the umpire or anything:rolleyes:

LASportsFan1996
06-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Why Did Davey Ask To Check, Makes Ya Think...

Super.
06-20-2012, 02:18 AM

Oh ****

me too

:laugh2:

Carlznerson
06-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Ump said it was a ton of pine tar in the inside of the glove.

Pinstripe pride
06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
eddie harris did not teahc him well enough apprently

Driven
06-20-2012, 08:52 AM
LOL at the way Peralta handled this by tipping his hat and then the way he talked to the media. Don't feel bad for the guy.

NYMets0507
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Why Did Davey Ask To Check, Makes Ya Think...

They were talking about this on Full Count (on Yahoo) and a. Peralta pitched for the Nats in 2010 and b. the first base coach for the Nats coached the AAA team that Peralta was on.

I think they had an idea.

WoodandNails
06-20-2012, 11:35 AM

It's been done a lot with the first baseman's glove. He applies the substance during pickoff attempts.

StryderSox
06-20-2012, 01:23 PM
haha at Maddon...

“It was kind of a p--- move to go out there and do that under those circumstances,” Maddon said. “I like the word p--- move.”

“From a real veteran staff on the other side, knowing how this thing works and how it’s worked for many, many years, you can go back to spitball pitchers to greaseball pitchers to whatever kind of pitchers to scuffball pitchers, this is just how the game has been played for 100 years, more than that,” he said. “So to single out Joel Peralta tonight, that’s my concern.”

In retaliation, Maddon asked that Tschida check Nationals reliever Ryan Mattheus’ hat and glove.

“I looked at the hat,” Tschida said. “He put them both out. I looked at the hat. The hat was all sweat anyway. And the glove was clean as a whistle.”

Maddon is becoming such a douche bag. Dude your pitcher was cheating and he got caught. Should have tossed him as well.

SportsNY
06-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Interesting

whitesoxfan83
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
So awkward... I got Peralta in a holds league... on one hand I can't drop him because he's been solid and so has his track record... on the other hand... he could have been cheating the entire time...

S.P.
06-20-2012, 05:30 PM
The Nationals did the same thing to Brendon Donnelley in 2005. Looks like calling out relief pitchers for pine tar is the Nationals thing. Every seven years.

homestarunner93
06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Joe Maddon is being a ****ing idiot with this unwritten rules ********. The unwritten rules crap in baseball is so stupid. There is a rule book, and if you don't follow the rules, you get burnt.

WrightStuff82
06-21-2012, 01:33 AM

There was an incident between an ump and Russell Martin earlier this year where the ump insisted on throwing new balls back to the pitcher himself. I think the ump suspected Martin of doctoring the ball.

cubbiefan_est88
06-21-2012, 02:43 AM
The good ole vaseline ball. I prefer a little vicks under the nose keeps the snot balls coming.

Tabasco sauce lol

ragman
06-21-2012, 07:02 PM
They were talking about this on Full Count (on Yahoo) and a. Peralta pitched for the Nats in 2010 and b. the first base coach for the Nats coached the AAA team that Peralta was on.

I think they had an idea.

If you're going to cheat, how stupid is it to do it against a team that you used to pitch for?:facepalm:

theslick1
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
There was an incident between an ump and Russell Martin earlier this year where the ump insisted on throwing new balls back to the pitcher himself. I think the ump suspected Martin of doctoring the ball.

Nah, the ump was PO'd at Martin for arguing balls and strikes earlier in the game.

S.P.
06-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Now that I've familiarized myself with this story, Maddon is not the douche, the Washington staff is. Is it OK to let a guy cheat when he's on your team then rat him out when he leaves? So it was alright when he used the substance with WAS's AAA affiliate, but not now. If Trent Jewett was a coach of mine, I wouldn't tell him what time it was, the rat.

Carlznerson
06-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Now that I've familiarized myself with this story, Maddon is not the douche, the Washington staff is. Is it OK to let a guy cheat when he's on your team then rat him out when he leaves? So it was alright when he used the substance with WAS's AAA affiliate, but not now. If Trent Jewett was a coach of mine, I wouldn't tell him what time it was, the rat.

Hhahaha. Are you some kind of insider into the Nats and Rays clubhouses? How in the hell do you know Peralta even used pine tar as a Nat. It's a ****ing rule. It doctors the game. He got caught. It gives the pitcher an unfair advantage.

S.P.
06-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Hhahaha. Are you some kind of insider into the Nats and Rays clubhouses? How in the hell do you know Peralta even used pine tar as a Nat. It's a ****ing rule. It doctors the game. He got caught. It gives the pitcher an unfair advantage.

Oh, OK, they just guessed he had too much pine tar and they were right.