PDA

View Full Version : Heats Role Players?

KingsMadness44
06-19-2012, 07:53 PM
i am just curious of how people are now judging them now that they are contributing because i know that there were more then a few Heat fans talking about how overrated Battier and Miller and basically all the heat role players were in the Pacers and Celtics series.

it looks like a lot of you are now singing his(battier) praises, are you guys willing to admit you guys jumped the gun on your role players and willing to eat some crow?

Also there were a lot of Heat fans saying how much better the Thunders role players were. IDK if those select Heat fans were doing it as an excuse but this just goes along with people over reacting after 1 game. Because I am pretty sure if the Heats bench wasn't playing at the level they have been this finals, even though Lebron has been playing great, the Heat would not be ahead right now.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Battier has been doing what he has been all season. It is being talked about more in the playoffs. With the lineups the way they are Ibaka has to sacrifice the paint to let Battier have a little extra room. With the extra room he is hitting more shots. Not a surprise. When left that wide open Battier should be shooting 60% from 3. I mean he is a top 5-10 spot up shooter in the world.

As for the rest of the bench. What Bench? Cole has been the only person getting significant minutes and he is playing OK for a rookie. Miller is getting 5-10 minutes but I hate that he even gets that. I am ready for the Amnesty train to run him over. Haslem has hit a couple shots but has missed a couple easy ones, I haven't seen him this inconsistent from 12ft range ever.

The Thunders role players are better than the HEAT's but with the games being so close you are seeing the starters eat their minutes.

natelpete
06-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Lebron

DWade

Bosh

Battier and Chalmers

Haslem

Miller

Everybody else

SteBO
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Sorry dude, but Battier has been the only consistent role player playing well so far in these Finals.

Miller: He's broken, and shouldn't play anymore.

Haslem: Has done nothing outside committing fouls. He's been rebounding okay, but his impact has been minimal, as it's been for most of this year.

Jones: Doesn't get enough minutes......especially considering the disaster Miller has been.

Cole: The only reason he's getting minutes is for speed defensively against Westbrook, and that hasn't stopped Russell from getting his shot off. He's been inefficient, but that has nothing to do with Cole.

Chalmers: See above. He hasn't been hitting his shot, and he along with Wade have been killing this team on both ends. Moreso on defense......they have hard time containing Westbrook's penetration.

eibbor
06-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't think so other than Battier. They have used almost no bench and the usual starters have done what they do, play D. LBJ is killing it. Wade is broke as ****, but with Bosh back at least he get's Ibaka away from the basket.

nycericanguy
06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Battier has been doing what he has been all season. It is being talked about more in the playoffs. With the lineups the way they are Ibaka has to sacrifice the paint to let Battier have a little extra room. With the extra room he is hitting more shots. Not a surprise. When left that wide open Battier should be shooting 60% from 3. I mean he is a top 5-10 spot up shooter in the world.

As for the rest of the bench. What Bench? Cole has been the only person getting significant minutes and he is playing OK for a rookie. Miller is getting 5-10 minutes but I hate that he even gets that. I am ready for the Amnesty train to run him over. Haslem has hit a couple shots but has missed a couple easy ones, I haven't seen him this inconsistent from 12ft range ever.

The Thunders role players are better than the HEAT's but with the games being so close you are seeing the starters eat their minutes.

No he hasn't.

Battier averaged 4.8ppg and shot 33% from 3 in the regular season.

Past 5 playoff games he's scoring 13ppg and shooting an insane 61% from 3 and 60% overall.

MIA has decent role players, I think its just hard for bench guys to contribute much and get into rythm because their big 3 take almost all the shots and Lebron almost never sits... same with Wade.

Makes me wonder if Spolestra is shortening Lebron's career the way he refuses to rest him in any game.

ManRam
06-19-2012, 08:40 PM
They've stepped it up...mainly Battier. I've always said that all they need offensively from the cast is a few threes. Battier alone has provided it.

It's weak, and they have some flaws as a unit, but they've been doing just enough. They all sell out on defense, and really every play in general, which is all you can ask for.

I figured OKC's 4-8 would be killing Miami's 4-8....hasn't been the case...especially in game 3.

ManRam
06-19-2012, 08:44 PM

No he hasn't.

Battier averaged 4.8ppg and shot 33% from 3 in the regular season.

Past 5 playoff games he's scoring 13ppg and shooting an insane 61% from 3 and 60% overall.

MIA has decent role players, I think its just hard for bench guys to contribute much and get into rythm because their big 3 take almost all the shots and Lebron almost never sits... same with Wade.

Makes me wonder if Spolestra is shortening Lebron's career the way he refuses to rest him in any game.

yup. Battier hasnt at all been like his normal self in this series. He's played probably his three of his absolute best games of his season in the Finals.

He's been sensational offensively...and he was a liability all year.

YungDaSensai
06-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Battier is the only role player stepping up on both ends. All of the role players collectively is doing their thing on D. But imo without Shane this series maybe in favor of OKC.

Chronz
06-19-2012, 09:05 PM
So your saying we have jumped the gun based on an entire seasons worth of games asking with the majority of the playoffs but in the last 3 games NOW they are their true selves.

ChitownBears22
06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
I meant that Battier has been hitting his wide open shots all season. He usually doesn't get them though. Ibaka has been playing him loose and that is why he is getting those looks. I am not saying his averages have been where they are now.