PDA

View Full Version : Lebron responds to Serge Ibaka comments

JordansBulls
06-19-2012, 01:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8072235/2012-nba-finals-miami-heat-lebron-james-answers-oklahoma-city-thunder-serge-ibaka-comments

"I don't really care what he says, he's stupid," James said. "Everyone says something to me every series then (the media) tries to get a quote. It's stupid."

Ibaka made the comments to the Palm Beach Post.

"LeBron can't play (Kevin Durant) one-on-one. They're playing good defense like a team," Ibaka told the newspaper.

Ebbs
06-19-2012, 01:31 PM
LeBron is honestly the last person on the planet I'd want guarding my teams wing . . .

kingkenny01
06-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Serge Ibaka is an idiot

BK-TY
06-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Durant is probably pissed at Serge right now like... "C'mon man. I don't need NOBODY stickin' up for me or gettin' THIS dude fired up!"

SportsAndrew25
06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
This SportsAndrew25 joke has been blocked by Serge Ibaka.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Durant: "Thanks Ibaka, as if he wasn't fired up enough to try and stop me"

KingPosey
06-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Perk, or Ibaka Hawkeye?

MassoDio
06-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Serge making those comments was a bad idea.

But really LeBron.."I don't really care what he says, he's stupid", what are you, 5?

lol - He's right in his sentiment....but come on, come up with a better response than "He's stupid". It's like the kid who get's made fun of on the play ground and has no good come back.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Perk, or Ibaka Hawkeye?

:facepalm:

to myself

sep11ie
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Durant: "Thanks Ibaka, as if he wasn't fired up enough to try and stop me"

What'd Perk say?

sep11ie
06-19-2012, 01:45 PM
:facepalm:

to myself

ninja edit

Bruno
06-19-2012, 01:47 PM
true all around. LBJ can't guard Durant:
Game one TS%: .751, 36 points.
Game two TS%: .649, 32 points
Game three TS%: .602, 25 points.

and the media is always trying to pull some kind of quote from lebron to distract him and his team from their goal.

no surprises here.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Lmao the incredible innocent fun living thunder are cowering in the face if adversity. Life's a lil different when jumpshots don't fall. First Westbrook then harden now ibaka all out of character.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2012, 01:49 PM

and the media is always trying to pull some kind of quote from lebron to distract him and his team from their goal.

no surprises here.

to be fair, he didn't just say that, he said Bron isn't a good defender.

That being said, nobody can guard Durant, just like nobody can be expected to guard LeBron. Guys of that caliber can not be stopped unless you build a wall around them.

kozelkid
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
LeBron is honestly the last person on the planet I'd want guarding my teams wing . . .

You must not know who Andre Iguodala is.

The Flash
LeBron is right...

smith&wesson
lol ibaka is a rookie at trying to get in a players head .. this is just such a bad attempt lol .

LongIslandIcedZ
06-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm starting to like Lebron more and more. He's annoyed me a lot for the last couple of years, but he seems so locked in right now and he's so good, its a joy to watch.

Still rooting for OKC though.

The Flash
06-19-2012, 01:52 PM

no surprises here.

But he didnt guard durant much if at all in the first game< If you pay attention, the more time LeBron spent guarding Durant, the lower his TS% is.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2012, 01:57 PM
look, you can't stop a Durant. But, if you watch closely, attempts to run isolations for Durant while LeBron is on him has not worked the past 6 quarters. Bron is pushing him way off his spots. Durant can still run him through a system of picks, or use the PnR to free himself, but LeBron is so much stronger than Durant, Durant has to use pure deception on his offense, because any contact he tried to create is useless if Bron is guarding him. He won't get the calls doing that, and he will just bounce off LeBron without phasing him.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-19-2012, 02:02 PM
What's wrong with what he's saying Lebron can't guard Durant and its true no one can guard Durant just like no one can guard Lebron it works both ways

JWO35
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
2011 Finals LeBron will appear tonight...

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2012, 02:04 PM
2011 Finals LeBron will appear tonight...

hopefully

DeyAce
06-19-2012, 02:05 PM
lol "he's stupid"

b@llhog24
06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
As I suspected I just saw it in an interview, it was a lost in translation type thing.

iliketurtles24
06-19-2012, 02:10 PM
haha, oh the drama. just shut up and play

Carey
06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Lmao the incredible innocent fun living thunder are cowering in the face if adversity. Life's a lil different when jumpshots don't fall. First Westbrook then harden now ibaka all out of character.

You do realize it's only a 2 to 1 lead right? I get what your saying to an extent, i actually touched on it today in our forum but to say we are cowering in the face of adversity is a gross overstatement. If anything they are getting some of what the Heat and they're fans are so used to...people reaching for stories to try to make a headline...

natelpete
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Watch KD goes 0-22 tonight

unleashthebeast
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Holy ****, almost 160 people are viewing this thread.

Nikeman
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Funny how, "LeBron can't guard Durant", but nobody says anything about Durant for not even being able to guard Bron, LeBron has taken the kid to school.

HaruSoul
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM

no surprises here.

Lebron barely guarded Durant in games 1 and 2.

The Flash
06-19-2012, 02:24 PM
It's about the fact that media goes to LeBron and it becomes a " he said she said" kind of a thing. That's what he was referring to when he said 'stupid"

lakersiznumber1
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
ibaka needs to play basketball he hasnt done **** in the finals to be even talking about anybody

smith&wesson
06-19-2012, 02:27 PM

That being said, nobody can guard Durant, just like nobody can be expected to guard LeBron. Guys of that caliber can not be stopped unless you build a wall around them.

Exactly. . .

even if you build a wall around lebron or durant they would probably just jump over it lol

honestly though it amuses me that ppl are saying lebron cant gaurd durant. lebron is not in foul trouble durant is. if anything the statement should be durant cant gaurd lebron.

no one can lock down durant. but if your gaurding him and still getting yours on offense with out getting in foul trouble then your doing a decent job.

ibaka is a help defender himself. he is reaching by saying lebron isnt a good one on one defender because he himself excells at team defence and help defence.

Iron24th
06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Bad idea to motivate a guy who seems more than enough motivated to beat you.

Jarvo
06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Ibaka overrated, remember when people say he would be the X factor this series :laugh:

Carey
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
look, you can't stop a Durant. But, if you watch closely, attempts to run isolations for Durant while LeBron is on him has not worked the past 6 quarters. Bron is pushing him way off his spots. Durant can still run him through a system of picks, or use the PnR to free himself, but LeBron is so much stronger than Durant, Durant has to use pure deception on his offense, because any contact he tried to create is useless if Bron is guarding him. He won't get the calls doing that, and he will just bounce off LeBron without phasing him.

True, Bron is also doing a fantastic job funneling KD into help when he cant stay in front of him. KD is driving right into Bosh block shots or contest shots over multiple people in the paint. One of the things i'll watch for early in this game is whether KD see's that and adjusts by taking the mid range pull ups once he gets past Lebron early then it forces the help to make a decision on whether to step up or not and he'll be able to make plays accordingly.

carruthers32
06-19-2012, 02:30 PM
durant is probably pissed at serge right now like... "c'mon man. I don't need nobody stickin' up for me or gettin' this dude fired up!"

this!

fadedmario
06-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Lebron > Durant

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
You do realize it's only a 2 to 1 lead right? I get what your saying to an extent, i actually touched on it today in our forum but to say we are cowering in the face of adversity is a gross overstatement. If anything they are getting some of what the Heat and they're fans are so used to...people reaching for stories to try to make a headline...

They were called so "humble" when winning and now someone punched them back , Westbrook is acting up, Harden has been exposed and now Ibaka is worried about a guard who he ain't even guarding

smith&wesson
06-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Lebron > Durant

+1 I take the better 2 way player everytime.

Brink182
06-19-2012, 02:37 PM

no surprises here.

you do realize LeBron isn't on him every possesion right? and when James was on him in the fourth, Durant was 1-5 in game 3.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Ibaka overrated, remember when people say he would be the X factor this series :laugh:

Your post is overrated. Spo is taking him out the game. He's forced to guard Bosh at the 3pt line.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2012, 02:39 PM
True, Bron is also doing a fantastic job funneling KD into help when he cant stay in front of him. KD is driving right into Bosh block shots or contest shots over multiple people in the paint. One of the things i'll watch for early in this game is whether KD see's that and adjusts by taking the mid range pull ups once he gets past Lebron early then it forces the help to make a decision on whether to step up or not and he'll be able to make plays accordingly.

Simply put, if Spo goes with LeBron on Durant the majority of the time, Brooks has got to make adjustments, and get him coming from the other side of the floor, to make Bron go through a series of picks so Durant can get the catch where he prefers. If Durant stops for a pullup after beating LeBron, he has the best come from behind defensive wing right behind him. In reality, Durant needs Harden to step up big time, and start contributing, or the series will be over quickly. LeBron is dialed in, outplaying Durant, and OKC needs Harden to start playing. Part of great defensive teams strength is funneling dribble drive into help, or towards bad shot % areas, even giving the illusion that the player is making ground. I do think Durant can also look to get the defense moving and then kick it the other way to force Miami to swing, resulting in a broken set if it works.

I don't know, but Brooks needs to make adjustments, as does Durant and Harden.

Carey
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Your post is overrated. Spo is taking him out the game. He's forced to guard Bosh at the 3pt line.

Wrong again, he's had to guard Battier far more in this series then he's guarded Bosh who has been guarded by Perk. If anything Scott Brooks is taking him out of the game by not playing him at Center in the small lineups nearly enough, for whatever reason he doesnt understand Perk should only be playing 15 to 20 mins a game in this series.

Catfish1314
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM

LeBron is a better defender than Iguodala and there aren't many defensive metrics in existence that don't support it.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Wrong again, he's had to guard Battier far more in this series then he's guarded Bosh who has been guarded by Perk. If anything Scott Brooks is taking him out of the game by not playing him at Center in the small lineups nearly enough, for whatever reason he doesnt understand Perk should only be playing 15 to 20 mins a game in this series.

Don't matter if it's battier or bosh , their bigs are being taken from the paint and LeBron is eating it up, Ibaka is overrated - Harden is being exposed as a dependent player though

Carey
06-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Simply put, if Spo goes with LeBron on Durant the majority of the time, Brooks has got to make adjustments, and get him coming from the other side of the floor, to make Bron go through a series of picks so Durant can get the catch where he prefers. If Durant stops for a pullup after beating LeBron, he has the best come from behind defensive wing right behind him. In reality, Durant needs Harden to step up big time, and start contributing, or the series will be over quickly. LeBron is dialed in, outplaying Durant, and OKC needs Harden to start playing. Part of great defensive teams strength is funneling dribble drive into help, or towards bad shot % areas, even giving the illusion that the player is making ground. I do think Durant can also look to get the defense moving and then kick it the other way to force Miami to swing, resulting in a broken set if it works.

I don't know, but Brooks needs to make adjustments, as does Durant and Harden.

While i agree with this even as good as he is at coming from behind Durant can shield him with his body and force a foul, it also doesnt have to always be a pull it, KD has a nice floater he doesnt quite use enough imo.

I agree wholeheartedly about moving the defense, Brooks has touched on that, Miami is blowing up the Harden pick and rolls just about every time, instead of stretching it out so much and using more clock he needs to either go earlier or swing it to the oppsoite side immediately to create numbers on the weakside.

FlakeyFool
06-19-2012, 02:49 PM
He should guard someone easier like Ibaka

topdog
06-19-2012, 02:53 PM

But really LeBron.."I don't really care what he says, he's stupid", what are you, 5?

lol - He's right in his sentiment....but come on, come up with a better response than "He's stupid". It's like the kid who get's made fun of on the play ground and has no good come back.

Exactly. I know Lebron gets harassed by the media, but he would help himself quite a bit if he just brushed this stuff off and didn't give out headlines.

His response should have been: "We're up 2-1 so my defense must be good enough."

Hawkeye15
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Exactly. I know Lebron gets harassed by the media, but he would help himself quite a bit if he just brushed this stuff off and didn't give out headlines.

His response should have been: "We're up 2-1 so my defense must be good enough."

the rest of his response was dead on however.

justinnum1
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
He didnt say serge was stupid, he said the whole situation was stupid...dont know why this repoter mis understood but i have read 4 other reporters and they all say lebron said the situation was stupid...never called serge stupid.

cbs
"I don't really care what he says, he's (pause) stupid," James said. "Everyone says something to me every series then [the media] tries to get a quote. It's stupid."

(Important to note that LeBron paused between "he" and "stupid." He either was deciding to calling him stupid, or it was like, "he's... [it's] stupid." So take that quote as you like.)

ethan sklonick
LeBron smiling as he said that. The "stupid" was more directed at "controversy" than Ibaka.

Carey
06-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't matter if it's battier or bosh , their bigs are being taken from the paint and LeBron is eating it up, Ibaka is overrated - Harden is being exposed as a dependent player though

Im not gonna address the Ibaka being overrated comment, anybody that really knows basketball knows how to fairly assess his talents, strengths, weakness. There is a decided difference between playing a Bosh who will shoot the 3 but certaintly not the strength of his game and offers so much more offensively and doesnt set up that far from the basket while Battier camps outside the 3 point line and offers nothing else but that and the occasional floater if the defense collapsses too far.

Harden is not a dependent player, Miami is doing a masterfully job blowing up the pick and roll and using Harden's great patience against him. He needs to go earlier, he also needs to reverse the ball sooner. He'll be fine, he'll show up and play very well tonight. I dont think he played poorly persay in game 3, he just missed some makeable shots for him. But to say he's a dependent player is laughable.

D12 fan
06-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Ibaka just woke up the King tonight,he will go for 40pts 10ast 13reb,and Ibaka will bow down to the King after the game and give him neck.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Lebron's media illiteracy continues...

Ill21
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
I agree with LeBron

HoodedSB
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
lol "he's stupid"

He said "it's stupid." He started a sentence with "he's" and was going to say something else, presumably about what "he is" doing, than changed his mind and simply said the whole situation was stupid, because whatever he was going to say about ibaka would be blown out of proportion by the media and idiot fans just like everything else he does.

edit: looks like justinum1 beat me to it

hugepatsfan
06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
He didnt say serge was stupid, he said the whole situation was stupid...dont know why this repoter mis understood but i have read 4 other reporters and they all say lebron said the situation was stupid...never called serge stupid.

cbs

ethan sklonick

This type of stuff ALWAYS seems to happen with Lebron. He's a horrendous public speaker (at least in interview settings). I think that's the source of most of his problems with the media.

smith&wesson
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM

cbs

ethan sklonick

Im glad someone caught this. clearly ibaka and the media are trying to pull lebron in to their negativity and even when he doesnt feed in to it, they twist his words around.... it really actually is very stupid.

Kashmir13579
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Lebron really called him "stupid"? haha

HoodedSB
06-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Godd@mn people be dumb in here.

smith&wesson
06-19-2012, 03:42 PM

No they twisted his words my man.

Kashmir13579
06-19-2012, 03:43 PM
No they twisted his words my man.

I wouldn't have blamed him if he did say it.

Bruno
06-19-2012, 03:53 PM

ah, i only read what was posted in the op.

totally.

D12 fan
06-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Godd@mn people be dumb in here.

:laugh:

Bruno
06-19-2012, 03:57 PM
But he didnt guard durant much if at all in the first game< If you pay attention, the more time LeBron spent guarding Durant, the lower his TS% is.

anything above .600 is extremely efficient, and merits no defensive bragging rights. but yes, it is better than .74+

Bruno
06-19-2012, 03:58 PM

more than barely. he took over each game after battier got torched.

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2012, 03:59 PM
I dunno what Ibaka is talking about. Melo is one of the best offensive players in the game nad LBJ shut him DOWN in that series. I hate the Heat, but even I have to admit that LBJ is one of the best defenders in the league.

xxplayerxx23
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Love the comback, Smart response. I dont like Bron But i will give it to him he lets his game do the talking for him

smith&wesson
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't have blamed him if he did say it.

Ya me either.

if he is trying to get in his head, its the weakest attempt ive ever heard lol its like when someone says a really bad joke and all you here is :cricket:

xxplayerxx23
06-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Ya me either.

if he is trying to get in his head, its the weakest attempt ive ever heard lol its like when someone says a really bad joke and all you here is :cricket:

Agreed, Esp on the last part thats very akward when that happens lol

PleaseBeNice
06-19-2012, 04:10 PM

Id take LeBron over Iggy every day in terms of defense, and everything else

smith&wesson
06-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Agreed, Esp on the last part thats very akward when that happens lol

i mean if your gonna talk smack at least make sence lol or be clever about it. imagine your playing ball and some ****** is like "u no good at d" lol ok cool. block block steal steal lol

Bruno
06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
you do realize LeBron isn't on him every possesion right? and when James was on him in the fourth, Durant was 1-5 in game 3.

durant was benched for half a quarter with fouls and lost his offensive rhythm. although Durant hit two shots in the 4th, not one. LBJ wasn't on Durant for the entire 4th?

game two was a different story. Durant dropped 16 points in the 4th quarter on 5/9 shooting.

b@llhog24
06-19-2012, 04:26 PM

Does your sig change every time you post or something? (Cause last time it was Tyson Chandler).

meloman1592
06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I dunno what Ibaka is talking about. Melo is one of the best offensive players in the game nad LBJ shut him DOWN in that series. I hate the Heat, but even I have to admit that LBJ is one of the best defenders in the league.

Melo avgd 28 with 0 help....

meloman1592
06-19-2012, 04:36 PM

what an epic fail of a comment

KNICKS R BACK
06-19-2012, 04:37 PM
ibaka has some nerve talking about man defense...he cant guard 1 on 1 worth a lick...all he can do is block shots within a team concept...all lebron has to say is that ibaka is stupid because its complete nonsense...the way ibaka was talking sounded like he was describing himself...i dislike lebron as much as the next guy but his defense is the last thing u can question about him

Kashmir13579
06-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Does your sig change every time you post or something? (Cause last time it was Tyson Chandler).

lol ya i gotta change it eventually since the Knicks have been eliminated for a while. Too lazy and i have sigs blocked so i forgot all about it.

b@llhog24
06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
lol ya i gotta change it eventually since the Knicks have been eliminated for a while. Too lazy and i have sigs blocked so i forgot all about it.

No like one time it has Tyson, then it has Melo, Amar'e and now it has Bibby, How'd you do that?

Kashmir13579
06-19-2012, 04:49 PM
No like one time it has Tyson, then it has Melo, Amar'e and now it has Bibby, How'd you do that?

I had help from a friend. I'm not entirely sure how he did it, sorry lol.

northsider
06-19-2012, 04:50 PM
LMAO so he calls him stupid??? Sounds like a child.

dh144498
06-19-2012, 04:51 PM
hopefully

:laugh::laugh:

b@llhog24
06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I had help from a friend. I'm not entirely sure how he did it, sorry lol.

Aww man :(

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 04:57 PM
lmao "He's stupid." That's literally what I tweeted this morning when I read this article!

justinnum1
06-19-2012, 04:57 PM

ethan sklonick
LeBron smiling as he said that. The "stupid" was more directed at "controversy" than Ibaka.

try again

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM

I mean, LeBron DID get the most votes for the defensive All-NBA team by a group of people that have to watch basketball EVERY YEAR ALL YEAR. So what Ibaka is saying is that all those people are wrong, everyone who watches Bron and is impressed are wrong, and all of Bron's defensive stats are wrong. Meanwhile, Ibaka has only been playing basketball for the past ten years or so, if that. He's one of those guys that didn't get into basketball until later in life and now he's talking ish like he's Larry Bird all of a sudden? I'd call him worse than stupid, I'd call Serge a dumb***.

MrfadeawayJB
06-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Ibaka dumb lol

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 05:04 PM
^^ Lol at both your post and sig.

Kashmir13579
06-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Aww man :(

I'll try to find out for you.

Jarvo
06-19-2012, 05:17 PM

Is that suppose to be an excuse? How people were talking after he went 11 for 11 in that ONE game he was gonna have this huge series on offense and defense and all he has done was run his mouth.

FriedTofuz
06-19-2012, 05:40 PM

+1

tapajafri
06-19-2012, 05:41 PM

Are u kidding me... what's Lebron supposed to do? Fire back in the media? Anything lebron says gets blown out of proportion by the media and he immediately gets attacked by his haters, which are usually laker fans. Lebron is smart and he doesn't say stuff in the media. He knows any little thing he says or does gets criticized, so he lets his play do the talking. You sound like the 5 year old by thinking Lebron needs a better "comeback" lol this isn't show-and-tell class dude

CEasFiRe
06-19-2012, 06:02 PM
who cares reallly

northsider
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
ethan sklonick

try again

Not sure what I am trying in the first place???

I mean, LeBron DID get the most votes for the defensive All-NBA team by a group of people that have to watch basketball EVERY YEAR ALL YEAR. So what Ibaka is saying is that all those people are wrong, everyone who watches Bron and is impressed are wrong, and all of Bron's defensive stats are wrong. Meanwhile, Ibaka has only been playing basketball for the past ten years or so, if that. He's one of those guys that didn't get into basketball until later in life and now he's talking ish like he's Larry Bird all of a sudden? I'd call him worse than stupid, I'd call Serge a dumb***.

I would've just not said anything in response at all and proved it on the court. Talk is for those that allow it to bother them. Lebrons game speaks volumes and he should keep it this way so haters don't continue to have something to ride him on.

ManRam
06-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Haha. Love it. Blunt. Truthful. Concise.

We really care that he called some one an idiot after that person said something idiotic? Oh...it's LeBron...every move he makes is national news/scrutinized

ManRam
06-19-2012, 06:08 PM
"Nastradamous was really his breakthrough album" - Serge Ibaka.

Serge Ibaka jokes are fun!

SA5195
06-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Both were stupid to make those comments.

Serge fired up Lebron, and Lebron responds to the comment by calling him stupid lol.

Lidz
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Every series LBJ or the HEAT as a whole gets somethin' said about them by our opponent. We never start the smack talk but still people see us as cocky and over-confident. Amazin'.

b@llhog24
06-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I'll try to find out for you.

Thanks man. :hi5:

ramfan63074
06-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Nice way to pump Lebron up!!!

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 06:17 PM
For the people who are claiming he should have come up with an insult...smh. What do you want from him? If he'd made a legitimately funny joke about Serge, then people would be saying "LeBron needs to stop being a stand up comedian and play ball."

Jesus this guy can't win no matter what he says. He calls the guy stupid and ends the quote quick because it's ridiculous for him to comment on every comment about him. It's especially ridiculous to expect every one of his comments about comments to be hilarious.

But when you guys get people commenting on you on Sportscenter, I better see some funny retorts from you critics.

ManRam
06-19-2012, 06:21 PM
For the people who are claiming he should have come up with an insult...smh. What do you want from him? If he'd made a legitimately funny joke about Serge, then people would be saying "LeBron needs to stop being a stand up comedian and play ball."

Jesus this guy can't win no matter what he says. He calls the guy stupid and ends the quote quick because it's ridiculous for him to comment on every comment about him. It's especially ridiculous to expect every one of his comments about comments to be hilarious.

But when you guys get people commenting on you on Sportscenter, I better see some funny retorts from you critics.

I haven't really read this thread...but people are bashing him for not coming up with a better insult? Seriously.

Another one of many many lows if that's true
Jesus....the guy can't even insult people to everyone's standards. Hahaha

JC_
06-19-2012, 06:30 PM

This.

JC_
06-19-2012, 06:32 PM
You should make a poll and ask if people think it was smart of Ibaka to insult Lebron's defense during the series..

When Lebron feels disrespected he plays even better lol

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 06:52 PM
^^ Completely true. We should do a poll tonight before the game and then one after the Finals LOL

BCpatsox18
06-19-2012, 07:04 PM
honestly ibaka is right, he isn't a good defender. he blocks shots because of his athleticism but thats it. he couldnt stop rajon rondo one on one who he has 8 inches and 60lbs on, and rajon isnt a knock down shooter- he had to beat him to the basket for points. the thunder are going to win this series, the heat are too much about themselves and not enough about team to win. they BARELY got by an aging celtics team with a hurt paul pierce and ray allen, and avery bradley, their best defender. the celtics took them 7 based on heart alone when judging by the players it shouldve been a sweep. not a chance in hell i see the heat beating a team that has the heart and the talent

BCpatsox18
06-19-2012, 07:05 PM
and heat fans-spare me the "you just hate lebron" posts- i do hate him, but im being objective when i say hes a great player, NOT defender

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 07:09 PM
honestly ibaka is right, he isn't a good defender. he blocks shots because of his athleticism but thats it. he couldnt stop rajon rondo one on one who he has 8 inches and 60lbs on, and rajon isnt a knock down shooter- he had to beat him to the basket for points. the thunder are going to win this series, the heat are too much about themselves and not enough about team to win. they BARELY got by an aging celtics team with a hurt paul pierce and ray allen, and avery bradley, their best defender. the celtics took them 7 based on heart alone when judging by the players it shouldve been a sweep. not a chance in hell i see the heat beating a team that has the heart and the talent

I literally can't wait until this series is over so that I can quote this post in my sig because you're either a prophet or talking out of your rear end. You're acting like the Celtics are some cupcake team, but they and the Pacers definitely woke up the Heat and LeBron seems to be firing on all cylinders. Maybe they'll lose the next three games and the Thunder will win it, but your narrative with no stats proves nothing to me.

So what if the Heat win tonight? Are you still going to bet on the Thunder coming back?

ManRam
06-19-2012, 07:13 PM

This is awesome!

LeBron "Can't guard" a PG half his size...so he's "not a good defender". Dwight Howard can't guard many SGs...is he awful because of that too?

No offense...but your logic is...well...not logic.

What other SF can guard Rondo better than LeBron can?

If you think he isn't a good defender, there's gotta be a better reason than not being able to guard a player way out of his positional comfort level.

sunsfan88
06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Did Ibaka actually say "LeBron's not a good defender"??

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Both of the last two posters are brilliant. Especially that Austin Rivers fan, he seems particularly smart.

sunsfan88
06-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Both of the last two posters are brilliant. Especially that Austin Rivers fan, he seems particularly smart.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bruce_come_at_me.gif

CavsYanksDuke
06-19-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm surprised you made that sig with really no guarantee that he won't be gone before 13. The Raptors apparently loved him at their workout but who knows. I'd love to see him go to a team that runs and lets him put up a lot of shots and I've heard, ONLY HEARD, that the Suns kinda do that. ;)

sunsfan88
06-19-2012, 08:49 PM
I think the Raptors loved Waiters more...Waiters is the one that shut down all his workouts so it would mean that a team with a high lottery pick promised him and that fits Toronto cause no other team is desperately looking for a SG in the top 10.

Which means....Rivers drops to Phoenix!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/1UHR0OwxXZlWNZN.gif

Blitzbolt
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Ibaka should just worry about his own man who drop 16 in game 1 and 2.

tr4shb0t
06-19-2012, 08:56 PM
anyone player could play "good" defense if they weren't ever called for a foul. it's as simple as that.