PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jason Kidd wouldn't mind playing behind Derrick Rose?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-19-2012, 12:54 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/19/jason.kidd.about.free.agency.i.can.t.rule.out.bull s

Jason Kidd is open to playing in Chicago behind Derrick Rose. Rose is likely to miss much of the season in 2012-13, so Kidd would have to hold down the fort in his absence. Based on a report from June 3rd, the Bulls are said to have interest in signing either Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.

The free agent point guard has also been linked to the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks in free agency.

“I can’t rule out the Bulls,” Kidd said Monday. “They’re a team that competes. They play extremely hard. I could end up there, too, to try to help win. I wouldn’t rule them out.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s wide open. I would love to go back to Dallas, but we’ll see what other teams come out,” Kidd added. “I haven’t really put a lot of thought into anything. I’ve just been working out.

i hope he seriously doesnt expect to get the full MLE like hes reportedly been asking for, no one is going to give a 40 year old pg who can only play at a good level for 15-20 minutes 5 million a year

hope the bulls get him for 2.5 and use the rest for another solid piece

Badluck33
06-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Johnny Damon did this a few years back...

Hey Jason, how about playing for NJ?

"Yeah, I could see myself playing with Deron Williamsj"

Hey Jason, how about playing in Miami?

"Yeah, I could see myself playing with Miami, they have great talent and a championship caliber team "

Hey Jason, how about playing in LAL?

"Yeah, I could see myself playing with Kobe and the LAL"

Hey Jason, how about playing in Charlotte?

"Yeah, I could see myself playing in CHAR and helping a team grow and become competitive"

Hey Jason, how abouit playing in Greece?

"Ναι, η Ελλάδα θα είναι ένα εξαιρετικό μέρος για να παίξετε"

justinnum1
06-19-2012, 01:00 PM
hes looking to get paid lol

0nekhmer
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM
LOL at the same responses

D12 fan
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I could see Jkidd on the Nets,he could play sg now that he has slowed down and lost some quickness he has great size for the sg 6"5 205pounds,he and Dwill would be a nice backcourt.

LAKobeBryant
06-19-2012, 01:17 PM
I could see Jkidd on the Nets,he could play sg now that he has slowed down and lost some quickness he has great size for the sg 6"5 205pounds,he and Dwill would be a nice backcourt.

true just like billups kidd hits big shots and dwill will have the speed just like chris paul. dual pg actually works pretty good.

thekmp211
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
makes sense more than most teams for kidd. just thought about it but boston could use him in some capacity. new york. depth at PG is a luxury in this day and age.

justinnum1
06-19-2012, 02:08 PM
he will help them, but i think they need someone younger and more athletic, they still need a second star.

DeyAce
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Bulls main priorty should be trading Deng

Shareeb_omac2
06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Didn't J-Kidd's agent basically say its between the Nets and Mavericks? Jason has been talking to Deron Williams frequently and would like to be his backup.

Don't feel like posting a link but it's not hard to find what I'm talking about.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Bulls main priorty should be trading Deng

this

GET IT DONE GARPAX!!!

ichitownclowni
06-19-2012, 04:23 PM
he will help them, but i think they need someone younger and more athletic, they still need a second star.

I agree 100%

I cannot belive this lol jk :D

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2012, 04:27 PM
johnny damon did this a few years back...

Hey jason, how about playing for nj?

"yeah, i could see myself playing with deron williamsj"

hey jason, how about playing in miami?

"yeah, i could see myself playing with miami, they have great talent and a championship caliber team "

hey jason, how about playing in lal?

"yeah, i could see myself playing with kobe and the lal"

hey jason, how about playing in charlotte?

"yeah, i could see myself playing in char and helping a team grow and become competitive"

hey jason, how abouit playing in greece?

rotflshismp!

dh144498
06-19-2012, 04:27 PM

"Yeah, I could see myself playing with Miami, they have great talent and a championship caliber team "

"Yeah, I could see myself playing in CHAR and helping a team grow and become competitive"

lol

Rivera
06-19-2012, 04:28 PM
he could play the 2 along side derrick when he gets back its actually a good fit

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Kidd would be a great fit for every sinlge team this coming season. He could help LAL contend. He could LAC contend. He could help Miami remain a contender, he could would be a great back up on OKC. He could run Chi-town's offence while Rose is out, he could run Minny's offence while Rubio is out. He could run NY's offence if they lose Lin, he could pair up with D-Will in Brooklyn (or Dallas), either as back-court mates, or as a great PG rotation. He could be a mentor to any number of losing teams' whose PGs need an education (which is pretty much every team in the lottery this past season. He would had veteran leadership to the 76ers and the Pacers. Seriously. He would be a great fit anywhere, so I see him signing with the team that offers him the most, since he already has a ring.

celtNYpatsHeels
06-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Why are there so many freaking Bulls discussions???? I'll end this one, Rose tore his ACL which is usually around a 12 month rehab table.... So unless Kidd is going to play in the 2013-2014 season at age 40-41 then this is a stupid discussion

LGhost
06-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Why are there so many freaking Bulls discussions???? I'll end this one, Rose tore his ACL which is usually around a 12 month rehab table.... So unless Kidd is going to play in the 2013-2014 season at age 40-41 then this is a stupid discussion

wtf? it's a rumor, all rumors get posted in here... welcome to PSD?

BcEuAbRsS
06-19-2012, 04:41 PM
If Deng was to get traded then I would like to target Billups..

llemon
06-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Kidd would be a great fit for every sinlge team this coming season. He could help LAL contend. He could LAC contend. He could help Miami remain a contender, he could would be a great back up on OKC. He could run Chi-town's offence while Rose is out, he could run Minny's offence while Rubio is out. He could run NY's offence if they lose Lin, he could pair up with D-Will in Brooklyn (or Dallas), either as back-court mates, or as a great PG rotation. He could be a mentor to any number of losing teams' whose PGs need an education (which is pretty much every team in the lottery this past season. He would had veteran leadership to the 76ers and the Pacers. Seriously. He would be a great fit anywhere, so I see him signing with the team that offers him the most, since he already has a ring.

Kidd's game is obviously deteriorating. He's an offensive liability that is getting slower. His 3 point% is higher because he has become a set shooter, but for the most part, he has really got to be wide open.

Saying that, he wouldn't be bad coming off a lot of teams benches.

justinnum1
06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
if kid wants to compete for a ring next season he will go elsewhere imo

SluggeR
06-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Being a Knicks fan I would be ok with him backing up Lin and helping to develop Lin's playmaking skills. Kidd has a sneaker endorsement with Peak, a Chinese sneaker manufactorer. I hope they can sell Kidd on playing in New York with Lin.

llemon
06-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Being a Knicks fan I would be ok with him backing up Lin and helping to develop Lin's playmaking skills. Kidd has a sneaker endorsement with Peak, a Chinese sneaker manufactorer. I hope they can sell Kidd on playing in New York with Lin.

I'm not trying to break your chops, but Jason Kidd has a unique talent and plays a unique game, and I don't think there are many things that he could teach any PG that Baron Davis couldn't teach them.

STL Don
06-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Couldn't picture him in a Bulls jersey but hell, he would be a nice backup behind Mr. Humble

njnets
06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
i could see jkidd playing the 2 at the end of games. not starting though. he doesnt have the legs to play that many minutes.

he would take so much pressure off of rose, especially coming off the injury. rose is the only one that can handle the ball for chicago. jkidd can take control and orchestrate the offense on some plays.

MadBomber
06-19-2012, 08:36 PM

that part was hilarious...haha

eibbor
06-19-2012, 08:49 PM
BREAKING NEWS! Jason Kidd is old and is willing to be a backup anywhere he has a decent chance to win or get paid.