PDA

View Full Version : How can Charlotte get rid of Tyrus Thomas?

superior
06-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not too concerned about getting rid of Maggette or Diop as next season is their last with their ridiculous salaries, If we could find a way to get rid of TT, I would be a very happy man. Here's what I'm thinking.....We draft T-Rob, find a solid trade for DJ and suck it up again next year giving Kemba and Bizness Biyombo more time to develop, after next year we have Diop and Maggette off ther books and another high draft pick, possibly Shabazz....so our 2013-2014 roster "could" "be something" in the area of.....

PG- Kemba
SG-Shabazz
SF- Hendo or Free Agent (we'll have PLENTY of money)
PF- T-Rob
C- Bizness Biyombo

like I said we'll have PLENTY of money after next season, and if we could just find somebody to take Tyrus off our hands, we are 2-3 years away from getting back into the playoffs......So what are your thoughts, Cats fans? What can we do with Tyrus, can we amnesty his sorry ***? lol

also.....I would LOVE to be the Charlotte Hornets again by the 2013-2014 season!

haggis
06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Shoot him.

popo85
06-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Stro Swift part 2 exactly from college to the props.

superior
06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm 99% sure I created this in the Bobcats forum. As for the idiot above me, I've seen a million ridiculous threads on this site, so if you don't like something you read, just keep it moving, your post wasn't funny, cool, valued, none of the above.

ps I'm talking to Haddis not Popo85

bbcmillionaire
06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Lol shoot him, but trade him to a team like Toronto and add DJ agustine and get back derozan and Calderon

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Lol shoot him, but trade him to a team like Toronto and add DJ agustine and get back derozan and Calderon

That would be a terrible trade for Toronto. Absolutely terrible.

TopsyTurvy
06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Buy him a motorcycle.

Hawkeye15
06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
with his deal, the only real possibility is to package him with a much better piece (#2 pick for example), and try and get someone who wants the positive asset willing to take on TT.

black1605
06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
The only way he's going anywhere is if he's packaged with the number two pick.

ManRam
06-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I'd imagine he gets amnestied if they can't get a "fair" package for him...whatever that would be.

shep33
06-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Why wouldn't they just amnesty him?

You could also tell him that the team moved to Alaska. Worth a shot.

rpgmaster86
06-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Take amare's contract?

black1605
06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I'd imagine he gets amnestied if they can't get a "fair" package for him...whatever that would be.

I don't think Jordan would eat that contract for nothing.

superior
06-18-2012, 03:53 PM
why wouldn't they just amnesty him?

You could also tell him that the team moved to alaska. Worth a shot.

lmao!

cbreezy34
06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Honestly more then any other pick... he was the one where at the time I remeber thinking why in gods name is he being drafted so high. It was literally because of one game he had against Duke with Redick and Shelden Williams he went from being an unknown to a top 5 pick. Never made sense to me. He had no skills then... he has no skills now...all athletic ability.

king4day
06-18-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd take on all the bad contracts of Charlotte of it meant getting that pick.
But living in Charlotte, I want this team to succeed. I think Beal would be a safe bet at #2 and hope they don't take the chance on Robinson.

bigsams50
06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Shoot him.

This x1000000000000000000

king4day
06-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Take amare's contract?

This would be a cool idea iff NY is that desperate to dump the contract.
TT and the expirings of Diop and Maggette for Amar'e.

Blazers#1Fan
06-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Draft TRob,Wroten
trade TT for Ariza

BB
TRob - Noel next year
CM/Ariza - MKG this draft
TW/GH - Shabazz next year
KW

b@llhog24
06-18-2012, 04:40 PM
shoot him.

+1

GiantsSwaGG
06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Amarr for Thomas

Kyben36
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
trade him to the bulls for Carlos boozer and next years first round pick unrestricted (we still keep the rights to the other pick we own of your thought.

spreadeagle
06-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Tyrus plus #2 pick for Derozan and the #8 pick?

5ass
06-18-2012, 04:52 PM

I wouldnt do that if i was the raptors.

spreadeagle
06-18-2012, 05:12 PM
I wouldnt do that if i was the raptors.

Derozan is coming up for a contract soon...Im uneasy about giving him a big deal like Tyrus's "ironic" but the Raps really need to move up in draft as well

Silent
06-18-2012, 05:19 PM
The only way u get rid of him is a package of either Kemba, Henderson, Bismack Or your pick

Or just amnesty him?

NYKnicksAllDay
06-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Amar'e for Tyrus?? **** that. Amar'e may have had a down year last year, but he still ***** on Tyrus. Amar'e>>>>>>>>>>> Tyrus. Only way I'd be cool with that is if it meant getting the #2 pick. Even then I'm not sure.

topdog
06-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I proposed #2 and Thomas for #18 and Derrick Williams awhile back. Wolves finally get a 2-guard worth a crap in Beal and overpay an athletic backup big, while Charlotte gets its star (the lion will be unleashed lol) and still gets a pick in a loaded draft.

Stunner
06-18-2012, 05:40 PM
I proposed #2 and Thomas for #18 and Derrick Williams awhile back. Wolves finally get a 2-guard worth a crap in Beal and overpay an athletic backup big, while Charlotte gets its star (the lion will be unleashed lol) and still gets a pick in a loaded draft.

Good idea

BHF
06-18-2012, 06:11 PM

would be a good trade for raps but i don't think BC wants to deal with Charlotte anymore

Jint.
06-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Trade him to Russia

Steelers23_06
06-18-2012, 06:13 PM
am i the only one that noticed this guy has shabazz playing the 2 guard. that makes 2 players that are 6'1 with no d starting?! this is not uconn. especially with the fact that neither of them are good distributors of the rock. u gotta think about chemistry so dont trade tyrus. it could be worse. he is athletic and big two things that cant be taught under the right coach he could be a solid big man of the bench. what you need is a solid wing player in lamb or barnes. i honestly feel as if perry jones would be perfect for CHA but for some reason he doesnt get the recognition he deserves. but jones is great at the pick and roll and could help CHA with their size issue and would allow kemba to play of the screen and play his style more. and his length would help tremendously on defense.

KEMBA
HENDERSON
BARNES/JONES/LAMB
DERRICK BROWN
BISMACK

dont waste your money thats what got you in this mess just be patient and you could have the big money to offer josh smith or bynum IN 13. and b grade free agent like (not necessarily) kevin martin. so with thegrowth of your young players and a couple free agents this team could be a contender for a few years to come. especially if they are garbage one more year. sorta what OKC did just sucked and stayed the course and look now they are in the finals lol

revamped lineup

KEMBA
KMART
BARNES/JONES/LAMB
BISMACK
BYNUM

now all of a sudden tyrus is a solid bench player instead of liability with his ability to play position 3-5 makes the rotation that much more flexible.

black1605
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Shabazz is listed at 6'6''.

72 Wins
06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Man, so glad we dumped TT..... So much potential wasted.

Steelers23_06
06-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Shabazz is listed at 6'6''.

o miss understanding i thought u meant napier lol. but yeah that could work IF he is what he was in HS its hard to base your nba teams hopes on a HS prospect its hard enough to do it with college studs lol.

Bigbadmoffo
06-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Do the old yeller thing:p

Cal827
06-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Execution via Firing Squad.. Paul Silas must be one of the shooters.

smith&wesson
06-18-2012, 06:39 PM

hahahaha, NO!

I agree.

Take amare's contract?

your kidding right ? amare's contract is bad but he can still be a good, productive player. tt on the other hand not so much...

Bigbadmoffo
06-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Raps will take him if you include the 2014 1st round pick unprotected.

TheIlladelph16
06-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Sarcastic response: Lead him into a trap using strategically placed pieces of candy. He follows the trail of delicious treats, you trap him in a box and store him in the warehouse that houses the Lost Ark of the Covenant and other mythical artifacts.

Serious response: Trade him

fadedmario
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
To the Pistons for Villanueva.

black1605
06-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Raps will take him if you include the 2014 1st round pick unprotected.

Lol.

ManRam
06-18-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't think Jordan would eat that contract for nothing.

Dude has no value though. And you aren't going to get a damn thing worthwhile considering his contract. Unless they take on a similarly awful contract, I can't imagine how he could be tradable.

Obviously they should look to trade him first, but if they can't, they have to let him go. There's no reason to let him eat up 8-9 million a year in cap space the next three years.

black1605
06-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Dude has no value though. And you aren't going to get a damn thing worthwhile considering his contract. Unless they take on a similarly awful contract, I can't imagine how he could be tradable.

Obviously they should look to trade him first, but if they can't, they have to let him go. There's no reason to let him eat up 8-9 million a year in cap space the next three years.

I agree 100%, just not sure if Jordan does.

DeRaptor95
06-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Trade him for a bag of chips

Oldmantrash
06-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Bobcat fans need to be patient, keep him for now, get some high draft picks over the next couple years, then when he's an expiring, try and trade him for something that will help.You could be real good by then.

It's not like the cap space is going to lure free agents there ight now.

Six-8-TheWizard
06-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Bobcat fans need to be patient, keep him for now, get some high draft picks over the next couple years, then when he's an expiring, try and trade him for something that will help.You could be real good by then.

It's not like the cap space is going to lure free agents there ight now.

This. Imo theres no real desperation facing Charlotte at this point to get rid of him.

superwill
06-18-2012, 07:32 PM
have michael jordan punch him

black1605
06-18-2012, 08:14 PM
This. Imo theres no real desperation facing Charlotte at this point to get rid of him.

That's what the more rational side of me keeps thinking. You keep him this year, and hope that a new coaching staff can get the best out of him. Worst case scenario, you get an overpaid role player who you can try to trade later.

Using the Amnesty on Diop seems much more likely to me.

LTBaByyy
06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Jordan is the worst owner I have ever seen in my life

I bet Cho is begging him to spend money, Jordan doesn't even want to amnesty a guy because you still have to pay them

Jordan doesn't care about the team getting better, he wants to keep making small profit every year

I doubt he is making any profit by now

black1605
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't even know if it's worth responding to you. Your statements are based purely on your loose understanding of Jordan and Cho's relationship and Jordan's time as an owner. He has owned the team for less than two seasons, and he's the worst why? Because he stripped down a mediocre team in order to rebuild? What an idiot. He should have been content with finishing in the 7-10 range every year, that makes much more sense.

Go watch wrestling.

LTBaByyy
06-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Rebuild to what? 7-10 in the east is their ceiling, Anthony Davis was the only hope

Sorry for having an opinion

Monta is beast
06-18-2012, 09:00 PM
If I'm the Warriors I would call the Bobcats up and offer them Richard Jefferson & the 30th pick for D.J Augustin & Tyrus Thomas. Then with the 7th pick draft either Bradley Beal, Andre Drummond, or Harrison Barnes (whichever one falls), re-sign Rush & McGuire. Then with the 35th pick draft Festus Ezeli & with the 52nd pick draft Ramone Moore.

Curry-Augustin-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush-Moore
Barnes-Wright-McGuire
Lee-Thomas-Tyler
Bogut-Biedrins-Ezeli

Blazers#1Fan
06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Man, so glad we dumped TT..... So much potential wasted.

im soo glad we dumped him also
sorry Bulls fans atleast u got Rose out of the deal

trade Tyrus to the suns theres only 3 years left on his contract after the next 2 you can trade him

or trade for okafor

Okafor
Biyombo
MKG or Trob
Henderson
Walker

Blazers#1Fan
06-18-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't even know if it's worth responding to you. Your statements are based purely on your loose understanding of Jordan and Cho's relationship and Jordan's time as an owner. He has owned the team for less than two seasons, and he's the worst why? Because he stripped down a mediocre team in order to rebuild? What an idiot. He should have been content with finishing in the 7-10 range every year, that makes much more sense.

Go watch wrestling.

:clap:

rickshaw
06-18-2012, 09:13 PM
I say keep him. They won't contend for 2+ years. Save the amnesty and keep rebuilding. If you can trade him for a shorter bad contract then do it but no need to waste the amnesty or give up assests just to unload him when you won't contend until his deal is over anyway.

aussie
06-18-2012, 11:05 PM
If I'm the Warriors I would call the Bobcats up and offer them Richard Jefferson & the 30th pick for D.J Augustin & Tyrus Thomas. Then with the 7th pick draft either Bradley Beal, Andre Drummond, or Harrison Barnes (whichever one falls), re-sign Rush & McGuire. Then with the 35th pick draft Festus Ezeli & with the 52nd pick draft Ramone Moore.

Curry-Augustin-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush-Moore
Barnes-Wright-McGuire
Lee-Thomas-Tyler
Bogut-Biedrins-Ezeli

this is a thread about the bobcats not the warriors

trade Tyrus to the suns theres only 3 years left on his contract after the next 2 you can trade him

or trade for okafor

Okafor
Biyombo
MKG or Trob
Henderson
Walker
don't even bother trying to dump Thomas on us

THE MTL
06-19-2012, 02:56 AM
Amnesty lol

Monta is beast
06-19-2012, 03:01 AM
this is a thread about the bobcats not the warriors

don't even bother trying to dump Thomas on us

If I'm not mistaken that had to do with the Bobcats. So keep quite.

Bulls_fan90
06-19-2012, 04:09 AM

or trade for okafor

Okafor
Biyombo
MKG or Trob
Henderson
Walker

We got Rose and Charlotte's First rounder. Worked out well for both of us.

Have a soft spot for the Bobcats though, would like to see them do well.

JDM
06-19-2012, 12:08 PM
We'll have a hard time trading him by himself. We would be better off keeping him for another year and see if Dunlap can do anything with him, and if not then amnesty him. We keep the #2 pick and all of our assets.