PDA

View Full Version : Multiple trade ideas?

Crosby
06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Anyone think that trading the #2 pick for both of Cleveland's first rounders then Possibly trading down further with Portland to acquire more picks would be a good idea? After all Charlotte is in a rebuilding stage.

homestarunner93
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but I'm not sure if Portland would really be interested.

Crosby
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Cleveland's 4th pick and DJ Augustin for #6 and #11 might entice them enough

JDM
06-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah somebody mentioned that abut a week or so ago. To trade with Portland, like you said, we would probably have to trade a player as well.

homestarunner93
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
The Portland trade looks good in a vacuum, but when you come to think of it, who would they even trade up for? Their best two young players are at SF and PF, so you really have to think that MKG and Robinson are out of the question. Maybe Beal, but they do already have Wesley Matthews. They would probably have to project Beal as a Westbrook-like PG to have real interest in moving up to #2.

Crosby
06-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Portland could move up to possibly guaretee them Drummond. A front line with Drummond and Aldridge definitely has some potential. The Bobcats should try to package DJ Augustin and pick #31 to make a move for pick #10 or #11. Portland and the Hornets both need a pointguard.

Total360
06-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Cleveland's 4th pick and DJ Augustin for #6 and #11 might entice them enough

You saying we trade Cleveland the 2 for 4 and 24.

Then send the 4 and DJ (sign and trade) for portlands 6 and 11?

I like it, means we will have the 4,6 and 11. However, you reckon we can sign and trade DJ.

If all those trades go through, then take Robinson, Barnes and??????

JWillis23
06-22-2012, 08:27 AM
We would have 6, 11, 24. If we could swap with portland and cavs.
A dream would be barnes at 6, perry jones at 11, and fab melo at 24.

NBA_Starter
06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
I saw on twitter last night that we are "very close" to a deal with Cleveland that would bring in the #4 and #24 but we'd likely have to give up the #31. The guy didn't have any source and I couldn't find it anywhere else so TIFWIW.

homestarunner93
06-22-2012, 06:12 PM
We shouldn't have to give up #31 in that deal. It isn't worth it if we do.

JDM
06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah I saw that earlier today as well. We need to go back to the Wizard (and other teams deeply interested in Beal) and see if they want to make an offer. No reason to rush into a deal now. We need to get maximum value.

Total360
06-22-2012, 08:08 PM
We shouldn't have to give up #31 in that deal. It isn't worth it if we do.

Exactly we could get better than that for sure.

I reckon something like;
#4 & Anderson Varejao
for
#2 & #31 + Cash
I know Varejao is GREAT, but comeon how much do Cleveland want Beal.....

Bobcats would look like, (draft Barnes & not resign Augustin, Amnesty Thomas)

Walker
Henderson
Barnes
Varejao
Biyombo

NBA_Starter
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm starting to think just take Beal at #2, since these other teams seem to be all talk and no action.

Draft Beal

Kemba
Beal
Hendo
Mullens
Biz

Draft BPA at #31 and move on.

Next year draft Cody Zeller, slide Biz to the 4 and we should be one draft away from being fairly decent. I think moving Hendo to the 3 should be easy considering Dunlap likes to play a fast pace.

homestarunner93
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Exactly we could get better than that for sure.

I reckon something like;
#4 & Anderson Varejao
for
#2 & #31 + Cash
I know Varejao is GREAT, but comeon how much do Cleveland want Beal.....

Bobcats would look like, (draft Barnes & not resign Augustin, Amnesty Thomas)

Walker
Henderson
Barnes
Varejao
Biyombo

I think I read they turned down Varejao+24 for like a fairly early lottery pick, so not sure they would do that.

I'm starting to think just take Beal at #2, since these other teams seem to be all talk and no action.

Draft Beal

Kemba
Beal
Hendo
Mullens
Biz

Draft BPA at #31 and move on.

Next year draft Cody Zeller, slide Biz to the 4 and we should be one draft away from being fairly decent. I think moving Hendo to the 3 should be easy considering Dunlap likes to play a fast pace.

I'm OK with Beal, I just worry about that lineup defensively. Kemba is a bad defender, Hendo might struggle guarding SFs on a regular basis.

Crosby
06-23-2012, 01:19 AM
The 'Cats may be able to get Anderson Varejao and #4 from the Cavs but I think a player would have to be included from Charlotte in that trade. The problem is their only decent trade asset is DJ and the cavs are set at point guard. With the 24th pick, if the Cleveland trade is made, I'd like to see Doron Lamb or Jeff Taylor become a Bobcat.

JDM
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
I prefer #4 and #24 instead of Varejao and #4.