PDA

View Full Version : "No-Shake" Rule for STL Prospect

Boston-Born
06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Cardinals pitching prospect Shelby Miller has been assigned a "no-shake rule" at Triple-A Memphis.
In other words, he'll have to throw what the catcher (and coaching staff) suggests. Miller has struggled to the tune of a 6.00 ERA in 66 innings this season at the Triple-A level, and the Cardinals think it's because he's not using his secondary pitches enough. "I think part of it is hitters are sitting on his fastball because they know he's going to throw it and not his other pitches," farm director John Vuch said. "It's a work in progress." The 21-year-old is no longer guaranteed to make the majors this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5977/shelby-miller

pacofunk64
06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Hmmm...could make for some interesting mound discussions. But if you have a 6.00 ERA you gotta start changing something.

Moe Bigsley
06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Makes me wonder how much he was already shaking off the pitches...if he's shaking off pitches in minors and getting rocked, definitely not ready for the bigs. Has some great potential though!

Pinstripe pride
06-18-2012, 11:16 AM
so basically them saying you suck the catcher will make your decisions?

Philipino
06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
so basically them saying you suck the catcher will make your decisions?

No I think it's more along the lines of "Hey ******* throw something offspeed once in a while"

Pinstripe pride
06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
No I think it's more along the lines of "Hey ******* throw something offspeed once in a while"

sound slike basically the same thing to me

Jeffy25
06-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Maybe because..........he isn't throwing his four seamer at all anymore because the Cardinals want him to 'pitch to contact'. It's been all two-seamers and sinkers this year.

When you throw 97, you don't have to pitch to contact. I don't like the way the Cardinals have been bringing Miller along.

And his off-speed stuff has been thrown, more than in any other year.

And the main reason he is getting rocked is because it's a homer-happy league and he is pitching in a very homer friendly ball park. 2 HR/9. He is a fly ball pitcher to start with. Everyone knew he was going to get shelled in Memphis. If they didn't, they aren't paying enough attention.

They need to leave the kid alone IMO.

I don't know much about Miller's attitude or anything, but I have a knee-jerk reaction to defend him here.

Toxeryll
06-18-2012, 11:12 PM
wtf, miller is a beast. its all because of PCL. its dumb that they let him pitch there, i think he could easily jump from AA to the bigs cuz hes that kind of prospect