PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Explain To Me How This Is Legal?

MetroMan
06-18-2012, 02:19 AM
https://twitter.com/gr8ball83/status/214550804940595201/photo/1

ant Nixon
‏@gr8ball83

Follow
@dailythunder @johnhollinger Miami's 2 best defenders. Joey and Spo. pic.twitter.com/r8mWUp5f
Reply Retweet Favorite

johnhollinger John Hollinger
Here's a pic of Spoelstra's "closeout" on Westbrook 3 (hat tip: @gr8ball83 ) https://t.co/Pxh8shTZ

click on the twitter link for the pic

MetroMan
06-18-2012, 02:21 AM
http://twitter.com/gr8ball83/status/214550804940595201/photo/1/large

much larger pic

KnicksTape
06-18-2012, 02:24 AM
He was still wide open. No excuse

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Not exactly sure of the rules but that's pretty funny. However, I highly doubt they'd ever call a tech, or w/e it would be.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Spo was about 4 feet when Westbrook was at the apex of his shot because he was telling his players 'Why is he open? Close out on him'.

Did that really make a big difference?

Coaches go on the court all the time. Players on the bench do it too, especially when the opposition is shooting corner 3's and the bench is literally blowing on him to miss a shot. Clearly, it's not really the way to go. But it didn't really affect the outcome of the game.

If that's the case where people complain, why are refs on the floor for being 3 feet away from players when they shoot?

MetroMan
06-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Spo was about 4 feet when Westbrook was at the apex of his shot because he was telling his players 'Why is he open? Close out on him'.

Did that really make a big difference?

Coaches go on the court all the time. Players on the bench do it too, especially when the opposition is shooting corner 3's and the bench is literally blowing on him to miss a shot. Clearly, it's not really the way to go. But it didn't really affect the outcome of the game.

If that's the case where people complain, why are refs on the floor for being 3 feet away from players when they shoot?

there is a rule that if a coach is on the floor during a play, it is a tech.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 02:29 AM

Clearly, it's implied that the coach affect the actual flow of the game.

There's an NBA rule that no bench player can be standing up at all times or else get a tech/fine. They rarely enforce it unless it alters something.

MetroMan
06-18-2012, 02:31 AM

There's an NBA rule that no bench player can be standing up at all times or else get a tech/fine. They rarely enforce it unless it alters something.

Here's a pic of Spoelstra's "closeout" on Westbrook 3 (hat tip: @gr8ball83 ) https://t.co/Pxh8shTZ

C'mon bro. Spo was infront of joey near westy and its no problem?

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 02:35 AM
I made a comment about this earlier...if u look closely Joey Crawford is on the court and spo is a foot or two in front of him...doesnt matter if it affects the shot or not...if a coach comes out on the floor during play it should be a tech...but I guess Crawford could always go to the excuse that he didn't see it...shame on u nba

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:37 AM
I made a comment about this earlier...if u look closely Joey Crawford is on the court and spo is a foot or two in front of him...doesnt matter if it affects the shot or not...if a coach comes out on the floor during play it should be a tech...but I guess Crawford could always go to the excuse that he didn't see it...shame on u nba

should be call techs on the Thunder bench when players stand up during plays? Everyone would be ejected.

MetroMan
06-18-2012, 02:40 AM
should be call techs on the Thunder bench when players stand up during plays? Everyone would be ejected.

hardheaded to the max

this

equals to a player cheering on the bench.... jesus christ this generation...

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Quick question: Are we really assuming that Spo being 3 feet away from Westbrook caused him to miss?

If we are going under the assumption that it didn't effect the shot then who cares?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 02:44 AM

:laugh2:

Spo was at least 4 feet away. Players shooting corner 3's are closer to people who aren't suppose to be on the floor compared to the distance Spo had on Westbrook.

Should he have been on the floor? No.

Did it affect the game? No.

Does the 'tech rule' REALLY apply to this situation? No.

dnewguy
06-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Sour grapes....SMH

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Also I bet if that was a player from the bench it would've been a tech and possibly a suspension...its just astounding how a coach could be a foot or two in front of a ref that is on the court during a critical play and nothing is done about it....just ridiculous and arrogant how the NBA infuses the refs into the outcome of the game

MetroMan
06-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Im out. No point talking to these hardheaded heat fans, its like talking to a brick wall

Peace,
MetroMan

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Quick question: Are we really assuming that Spo being 3 feet away from Westbrook caused him to miss?

If we are going under the assumption that it didn't effect the shot then who cares?

peripheral vision of a player who sees someone jumping up and down waving his arms who is on the court would cause someone to rush their shot...im not saying this is the case but how do any of us know if it didn't effect it

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm a Heat fan? :confused:

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 02:53 AM
peripheral vision of a player who sees someone jumping up and down waving his arms who is on the court would cause someone to rush their shot...im not saying this is the case but how do any of us know if it didn't effect it

I agree. Was just wondering people's opinions on the matter.

DudeItsZoltan
06-18-2012, 02:53 AM
the Miami haters are getting desperate :facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Also I bet if that was a player from the bench it would've been a tech and possibly a suspension...its just astounding how a coach could be a foot or two in front of a ref that is on the court during a critical play and nothing is done about it....just ridiculous and arrogant how the NBA infuses the refs into the outcome of the game

Players are literally 2 inches sometimes from the guy who is shooting the corner 3. Guess they all need to be put to death. :rolleyes:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 02:55 AM

It's definitely possible. But if that was the case, wouldn't the person distracted (Westbrook) complain about it?

I'd really find it hard to believe Westbrook would just disregard something that distract him on the court in the NBA finals.

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 02:56 AM

Players are literally 2 inches sometimes from the guy who is shooting the corner 3. Guess they all need to be put to death. :rolleyes:

but they're not on the court

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:58 AM

Yes there is a magical barrier when players are standing on the sidelines yelling and waving. Distance is distance buddy and distractions are distractions. Westbrook should have made the shot. He clunked it and the thunder lost. Stop grasping straws.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 03:01 AM

So a coach is more distracting because he is on the court despite being 3 feet away but players on the bench who are 2 inches away aren't distracting because they are on the sideline?

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:02 AM
so a coach is more distracting because he is on the court despite being 3 feet away but players on the bench who are 2 inches away aren't distracting because they are on the sideline?

magical barrier ftw!!!!!

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 03:03 AM
It's definitely possible. But if that was the case, wouldn't the person distracted (Westbrook) complain about it?

I'd really find it hard to believe Westbrook would just disregard something that distract him on the court in the NBA finals.

true...but u lose depth perception with ur peripheral vision so Westbrook could have thought he was on the sideline...but again it doesn't matter if it affected his shot or not...its up to the refs to make the correct call on the floor and they again failed to do so in the most critical part of the game

LA_Raiders
06-18-2012, 03:05 AM
they are the cheat for a reason

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:06 AM
they are the cheat for a reason

Is the reason because LBJ is better than Kobe?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 03:07 AM
true...but u lose depth perception with ur peripheral vision so Westbrook could have thought he was on the sideline...but again it doesn't matter if it affected his shot or not...its up to the refs to make the correct call on the floor and they again failed to do so in the most critical part of the game

That rule wasn't made to be called for every instance. It was made when it affected the flow of the game. Like when Bob Knight walked on the court and bumped into the player.

Sadds The Gr8
06-18-2012, 03:07 AM
should be a tech.

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 03:08 AM
Yes there is a magical barrier when players are standing on the sidelines yelling and waving. Distance is distance buddy and distractions are distractions. Westbrook should have made the shot. He clunked it and the thunder lost. Stop grasping straws.
I could careless if the shot went in or not...its not a violation for players to be yelling or waving their hands on the side line it is however a violation to come onto the court yelling and waving their hands

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:08 AM
That rule wasn't made to be called for every instance. It was made when it affected the flow of the game. Like when Bob Knight walked on the court and bumped into the player.

And if the HEAT are playing and haters want to make excuses.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:10 AM
I could careless if the shot went in or not...its not a violation for players to be yelling or waving their hands on the side line it is however a violation to come onto the court yelling and waving their hands

If westrbook didn't whine about it it must not have had any impact on the flow of the game. And if you have watched westbrook he whines about every little thing. The rule states an coach can't come on the court and afffect the flow of the game. I think using common sense you could determine that it didnt.

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 03:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pTjzBYp96f4

The video looks like Spo was fine.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 03:12 AM
By NBA rules taken at face value, it should be a tech.

But there's so much NBA rules that are 'broken' all the time.

It clearly applies to the situation.

mikekhelxD
06-18-2012, 03:12 AM
It's better if you actually saw the whole play. Even though I don't like when coaches do this kind of stuff, but Westbrook knew he was there for few seconds, even before when he shot the ball. The only thing that Westbrook didn't do was by not bumping Spo. IIRC, Kidd ran onto Woodson back then on ATL and Woodson got a tech for it. I think the Heat was leading by 4 points during this time, so a tech would definitely helped the Thunders by a ton.

KniCks4LiFe
06-18-2012, 03:13 AM
that's a tech to any team. Nothing else to say, the ref missed it. But nothing will happen to that ref. He still works tomorrow. A very smart player, I mean a dirty one, would have tried to run over Spolstra on that play, get a tech and the ball. It looks bad if that happens. Westbrook instead shot and never pointed out the coach being past restriction lines.

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Section IV-The Coach and Others
a. The coach's position may be on or off the bench from the 28' hash mark to the baseline. They are permitted between the 28' hash mark and the midcourt line to relay information to players but must return to the bench side of the 28' hash mark immediately or be called for an non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. A coach is not permitted to cross the midcourt line and violators will be assessed an unsportsmanlike technical foul immediately. All assistants and trainers must remain on the bench. Coaches and trainers are not permitted to go to the scorer's table, for any reason, except during a deadball.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 03:16 AM
:laugh2: at the people who think coaches on the floor ONLY happen against the Heat.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2012, 03:18 AM
a. The coach's position may be on or off the bench from the 28' hash mark to the baseline. They are permitted between the 28' hash mark and the midcourt line to relay information to players but must return to the bench side of the 28' hash mark immediately or be called for an non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. A coach is not permitted to cross the midcourt line and violators will be assessed an unsportsmanlike technical foul immediately. All assistants and trainers must remain on the bench. Coaches and trainers are not permitted to go to the scorer's table, for any reason, except during a deadball.

Nothing in that part says anything about being on the floor. That's saying the distance up to where they can shout from if the play is on the other side of the court.

Edit: Misread it. But then that means when they are on the floor, they get a tech. I guess Scott Brooks and Spo have like 30 techs each that game.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Nothing in that part says anything about being on the floor. That's saying the distance up to where they can shout from if the play is on the other side of the court.

Truth......but in his mind he just proved you wrong.

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 03:19 AM
^ after reading this and spo standing in front of Crawford on the court its obvious the refs pick and choose which guidelines they'll follow...and by the way I want the heat to win so I'm not complaining cuz I'm a thunder fan

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Yes, its illegal... Now what?

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:23 AM
^ after reading this and spo standing in front of Crawford on the court its obvious the refs pick and choose which guidelines they'll follow...and by the way I want the heat to win so I'm not complaining cuz I'm a thunder fan

that rule doesn't apply to what you said. That rule is for when relaying information to his team when they are on the other side of the half court line. OKC was on Miami's bench side when it happened. Therefore, your rule you posted is irrelevant.

The rule you are looking for is coach interference.

hornetsfansydne
06-18-2012, 03:28 AM

How many times do you see a coach yelling for a play to be run from halfway and not immediately returning? Yes this play looks bad but did it effect Westbrook? No. Did Spoelstra deliberately try to put off Westbrook? No. Therefore no call is the right call. The problem with quoting things directly from the rulebook is that it is black and white whereas the game is all shades of grey. The rule book says that all contact is a foul (either offensive or defensive) but are you actually going to call every single contact? Not even in an Under 12's game would you call every little contact.

naps
06-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Im out. No point talking to these hardheaded heat fans, its like talking to a brick wall

Peace,
MetroMan

LOL. He is a raptor fan. Not a Heat fan.

Your desperation to degrade the Heat after every win is ridiculous. And this post makes it even worse. You are mad because a non-Heat fan is laying his objective view on the subject. If you create threads just to bash people if they don't fulfill your agenda then you should not create anymore.

spurs4#5
06-18-2012, 03:29 AM

Edit: Misread it. But then that means when they are on the floor, they get a tech. I guess Scott Brooks and Spo have like 30 techs each that game.

yes...and here lies the problem with the NBA...the refs clearly pick and choose which guidelines they want to follow when they want to follow them...if ur not going to follow the rule then why not just get rid of it along with others they don't follow...the league would be better off at least with the fan base if the refs officiated the game according to all the rules no matter how small or stupid they are

hornetsfansydne
06-18-2012, 03:31 AM

Refer to my above post. Of course refs pick and choose what to call!! That is the part about being a good official is that you pick and choose what is best for the game! In a 4 point game with the Championship on the line do you really want to call a T on the coach when he really didn't do much wrong? Yes he was on the court and shouldn't be but he had no effect on the game and was just yelling at his players to close out on the open shooter

bholly
06-18-2012, 03:50 AM
By the book it should be a tech, but it's just never called. I think we're pretty used to a lot of that.

It's nothing on the Clippers coaches jumping up and yelling and putting arms out to distract opposing players shooting in their corner. They did that again and again and again this year - coaches blatantly trying to distract opposing players, as clear as day - and I never saw anything happen about that, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen about this.

In the current situation, if I were Joey Crawford (God forbid), I wouldn't call a tech because it's a real ****** minor common thing to suddenly call a tech on that could affect the outcome of a finals game. Instead I'd warn him to keep on his side of the line, under threat of future techs for repeat offending.

setman2000
06-18-2012, 03:51 AM

THIS! I have no dog in this fight but that is 100% A 'T'. How the F can a coach actually be on the court and in front of a ref during live play and not get called - NBA refs are a joke. It doesn't matter if it affected the shot or not - it is completely unacceptable.

hornetsfansydne
06-18-2012, 03:56 AM
THIS! I have no dog in this fight but that is 100% A 'T'. How the F can a coach actually be on the court and in front of a ref during live play and not get called - NBA refs are a joke. It doesn't matter if it affected the shot or not - it is completely unacceptable.

So by your reasoning (it doesnt matter if it affected the shot or not) any slight contact on a shooter is a foul, by slight I mean a finger put on the hip of a player. This would have absolutely no effect whatsoever on whether or not the shot went in so you are saying that this should be called a foul? No way that would ever be or should ever be called.

I think some of the posters on this site need to learn the basic basketball idea of advantage/disadvantage (or offensive threat as it is now called)

Toxeryll
06-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Refer to my above post. Of course refs pick and choose what to call!! That is the part about being a good official is that you pick and choose what is best for the game! In a 4 point game with the Championship on the line do you really want to call a T on the coach when he really didn't do much wrong? Yes he was on the court and shouldn't be but he had no effect on the game and was just yelling at his players to close out on the open shooter

i dont get the bolded part. for me, a good official makes calls according to the rules regardless of the situation. thats why they have these rules, no? how can anyone assume he didnt affect westbrook? and he could easily yell at his players behind the baseline and the ref.

hornetsfansydne
06-18-2012, 04:27 AM
i dont get the bolded part. for me, a good official makes calls according to the rules regardless of the situation. thats why they have these rules, no? how can anyone assume he didnt affect westbrook? and he could easily yell at his players behind the baseline and the ref.

Yes a good official knows the rules but it is the way that he/she interprets those rules for a given situation. Have you ever refereed a game before? What they are trying to teach us (at least in Australia) is what is known as 'feel for the game'. This is all about calling/doing what is needed for the game. For instance a player is in the backcourt and all the defense is in the front court and he takes 3 steps. Technically this is a travel but is there any need for the call? No. Now the Westbrook play is slightly different but the same principle applies. Was Westbrook disadvantaged? In my opinion no and obviously Joe Crawford's as well.

Toxeryll
06-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Yes a good official knows the rules but it is the way that he/she interprets those rules for a given situation. Have you ever refereed a game before? What they are trying to teach us (at least in Australia) is what is known as 'feel for the game'. This is all about calling/doing what is needed for the game. For instance a player is in the backcourt and all the defense is in the front court and he takes 3 steps. Technically this is a travel but is there any need for the call? No. Now the Westbrook play is slightly different but the same principle applies. Was Westbrook disadvantaged? In my opinion no and obviously Joe Crawford's as well.

no i havent refereed a game before. the example you gave is a good example of the "feel for the game" thing you speak of but i dont think this case classifies as such especially under the circumstance when it happened: it was late in the 4th quarter in a championship series. the play was a huge one and i think the rules should be strictly enforced in those kind of situations

Rain 816
06-18-2012, 04:44 AM
The way everyone blew this play up....i thought he was way closer....but 4 or 5 feet away and moving back!!!! Move along, nothing to see here ppl

NBAFan2012
06-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Spoelstra always does **** like this. But it is one of those things that makes me wonder why even have rules if it is not going to get punished. Kinda like when on Free Throws 98% of the time someone commits a lane violation but the only call it "sometimes"

YoungOne
06-18-2012, 05:07 AM
I remember one time when jason kidd run into a coach who was on the floor, coach got a tech, that was pretty smart.

Baller1
06-18-2012, 05:09 AM
Well, it's ********, but this wasn't even the play that irked me. Lebron's backboard save, Wade's phantom 'and 1', and Harden getting called for a foul for flopping... Those three plays were absolutely pathetic, just as the calls from game 2 were (Lebron's 35 fouls on the Thunder's last possession and the pathetic Ibaka goaltending calls).

Honestly, I'm completely over it... The Thunder had their chances and gave these games away. With that said though, I'm not gonna ignore the fact that I truly feel that these refs has been heavily favoring the Heat in these past couple games. Just my honest opinion.

Whatever though, Miami has outplayed OKC in this series thus far so the series stands as it should for now. Here's to hoping the rest of the games are decided by talent and play.

YoungOne
06-18-2012, 05:10 AM
In generally they should expand the open area around the court, would make it less dangerous and they could adopt something like a "coaching zone" similar to what we have in soccer.

lavell12
06-18-2012, 05:34 AM
not only should it be a tech but if he would get in the way of a thunder player it should be a personal foul.

Knicks21
06-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Mike Woodson does it better.

Kuya_Clive
06-18-2012, 06:05 AM
I've seen bench players throw towels in a shooter's general area while attempting a corner three and no one got punished. I've also seen Del Negro yelling at Jason Kidd to miss a three a few years ago too and I'm pretty sure nothing happened there either. Things like this happen pretty frequently even if it is illegal.

setman2000
06-18-2012, 06:17 AM
So by your reasoning (it doesnt matter if it affected the shot or not) any slight contact on a shooter is a foul, by slight I mean a finger put on the hip of a player. This would have absolutely no effect whatsoever on whether or not the shot went in so you are saying that this should be called a foul? No way that would ever be or should ever be called.

I think some of the posters on this site need to learn the basic basketball idea of advantage/disadvantage (or offensive threat as it is now called)

Way to misquote me - i didn't say it should be called a foul, I said it was a 'T' and should be called. All that other idiotic stuff you're talking about has nothing to do with what I said in my post - NOTHING! The coach was on the floor, in front of the referee, as a player was shooting the ball - that's a technical.

I know "basic basketball", your post is moronic.

faridk89
06-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Way to misquote me - i didn't say it should be called a foul, I said it was a 'T' and should be called. All that other idiotic stuff you're talking about has nothing to do with what I said in my post - NOTHING! The coach was on the floor, in front of the referee, as a player was shooting the ball - that's a technical.

I know "basic basketball", your post is moronic.

:clap:

ldawg
06-18-2012, 06:53 AM
The coach is blocking the view of the refs. Sure he did not had an affect on the play but a its a rule. on the side yes but at the three point line in front of refs?

tyfreaks brotha
06-18-2012, 06:55 AM

Are they on the ****ing court? No. That's different

koreancabbage
06-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Are they on the ****ing court? No. That's different

players standing up during the game is against the rules, but they don't call it... see? did it affect the flow of the game. most likely not cuz Westbrook didn't complain.

Reversed86Curse
06-18-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't think it should be that big of a deal but I find it funny how Miami fans are *****ing that it's even a conversation, but if the shoe was on the other foot most of them would be all over this as a crime

sweet-d
06-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Spoelstra needs to be fined for that. If he does it again who ever has the ball needs to run into him.

Hawkize31
06-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Spo shouldn't have been there.

But...remember this play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8KtMOnGvY)? Westbrook needs to make the heads up play and make contact with Spo. Personally, I think Westbrook had no idea Spo was even there, so I'm fine with a no call. Coaches are on the court all the time, no need to pick this one instance of it to possibly change the outcome of a Finals game.

Iron24th
06-18-2012, 08:21 AM
It was funny

Hawkeye15
06-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Coaches go on the floor all the time in the NBA. It's against the rules, but never whistled.

Move on. So much whining these finals. My god.

Rentzias
06-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Coaches go on the floor all the time in the NBA. It's against the rules, but never whistled.

Move on. So much whining these finals. My god.
I can barely find anything about it on Google news either. From reading this thread, I thought for some reason it was some huge issue. :yawn:

SteBO
06-18-2012, 09:36 AM
It's a technical foul if a coach makes contact with the player, and if he disrupts the flow of the play. Neither happened, so get over it. You're really grasping at straws here and it's pathetic.

StinkEye
06-18-2012, 09:55 AM
How do you account for the 1000000000 other Westbricks?

Ladies Man
06-18-2012, 09:57 AM
No didn't you guys know? Only the Heat get the advantage with the refs so its okay

Slug3
06-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I thought it was a horrible close out from Coach Spo, left Westbrook wide open.

Heatcheck
06-18-2012, 10:06 AM
How do you account for the 1000000000 other Westbricks?

thats the coolest sig ive ever seen

Heatcheck
06-18-2012, 10:09 AM
You notice how none of the OKC fans ***** and moan about the game and the refs, its always the "God i just hate lebron so much" contigent always *****ing and calling the nba a disgrace.

Ive seen more people denounce the nba and say they werent going to watch anymore than i can remmember, and and they are all fans of other teams.

Slug3
06-18-2012, 10:12 AM
You notice how none of the OKC fans ***** and moan about the game and the refs, its always the "God i just hate lebron so much" contigent always *****ing and calling the nba a disgrace.

Ive seen more people denounce the nba and say they werent going to watch anymore than i can remmember, and and they are all fans of other teams.

Well to be honest there are really only a few OKC fans on here.

natelpete
06-18-2012, 10:21 AM
It smells like desperation in here.

Lo Porto
06-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm sure somebody could now take a picture of Brooks all the way past the announcers when the play is on the other side of the court when he's yelling at the refs. Can somebody please post a picture of that? This thread serves no purpose.

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 10:45 AM
How about this for the sorry Thunder fans and Heat bashers trying to grasp at straws and whine about the refs.......If Westbrook had any basketball savy at all, he sees Spo on the floor (obviously he was out there before Westbrook shot if he was "out that far") and then he dribbles into him, forcing the tech, ala Jason Kidd a few years back. Stop complaining. He could have taken advantage of it, but he didn't. It did not effect the shot at all. He is like a step or 2 onto the court

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I haven't heard one media source NOT talk about how utterly atrocious the refs were last night. Wally Szerbiak who openly said he thinks Heat will win and wants them to win, and is LeBrons ex teammate and still relatively close with him, said it was complete and utter disaster.

This isn't 'grasping at straws'.....this is an utter joke. This is also the first time there has been a group of Heat fans, albeit a small number, acknowledge how horrible some of those calls were last night. Refs are having a direct impact on the game and what should be an all time great series is becoming a joke.

You can tell JVG has to hold himself back, likely due to constraints from higher up places, from completely going off on some of these calls, but he will still tell you how god awful they are. And pretty much every single one goes against whoever the Heat is playing, thats how its been all year.

If your a Heat fan and can't even admit that your team gets the preferential treatment on a nightly basis, and the refs have pretty much iced numerous games for your team, your just as much in denial as the anti-Heat brigade who blame the refs for everything. Its definitely an issue.

When does Steve Javie comment on this ****? I haven't seen him once all series, is he on ESPN discussing these horrible calls or what?

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 11:04 AM
I haven't heard one media source NOT talk about how utterly atrocious the refs were last night. Wally Szerbiak who openly said he thinks Heat will win and wants them to win, and is LeBrons ex teammate and still relatively close with him, said it was complete and utter disaster.

This isn't 'grasping at straws'.....this is an utter joke. This is also the first time there has been a group of Heat fans, albeit a small number, acknowledge how horrible some of those calls were last night. Refs are having a direct impact on the game and what should be an all time great series is becoming a joke.

You can tell JVG has to hold himself back, likely due to constraints from higher up places, from completely going off on some of these calls, but he will still tell you how god awful they are. And pretty much every single one goes against whoever the Heat is playing, thats how its been all year.

If your a Heat fan and can't even admit that your team gets the preferential treatment on a nightly basis, and the refs have pretty much iced numerous games for your team, your just as much in denial as the anti-Heat brigade who blame the refs for everything. Its definitely an issue.

When does Steve Javie comment on this ****? I haven't seen him once all series, is he on ESPN discussing these horrible calls or what?

You are just proving my point for me with this post. The refs didn't cause 3 turnovers in 3 consecutive crucial possessions in the 4th quarter, the Thunder did that. I am not a Heat fan. My kingjaymes name comes from my cousin, not from LeBron. It definitely is grasping at straws because Game 6 of the WCFs was reffed far far worse than any game this series thus far, yet Thunder fans act like the Heat are the only ones that get fouls called. The Heat shot only 11 more FT's with 6 of those coming on the final few possessions when the Thunder were trying to foul. Take those away and that is 5 less FT's for a team that settled for more jump shots than the Heat, who were constantly attacking the basket, which is how you get fouls called. So to comment on your post, these people definitely are grasping at straws

bucketss
06-18-2012, 11:06 AM
He was still wide open. No excuse

i thought you weren't going to watch this series :eyebrow:

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 11:09 AM
5:07 Kevin Durant out of bounds lost ball turnover
4:37 James Harden bad pass
3:50 James Harden lost ball (Shane Battier steals)

Three consecutive posessions, 3 consecutive turnovers. Were these forced by the refs? Here are a few other posessions of note for you down the stretch:

2:30 Kevin Durant misses 10-foot jumper
1:06 Kevin Durant misses 9-foot jumper
0:29 Russell Westbrook misses 26-foot three point jumper
0:15 Thabo Sefolosha bad pass (Dwyane Wade steals)
0:10 Russell Westbrook misses 24-foot three point jumper

Did the refs cause Sefolosha to throw that inbounds pass right to Wade? Did they cause Westbrook and Durant to miss all of those crucial shots? If the Thunder weren't turning the ball over and missing shots and they still lost, then I would understand people's frustrations with the refs. I guarantee though if the Thunder don't turn the ball over and miss these shots, that they don't lose and that nobody is having this discussion

bucketss
06-18-2012, 11:11 AM
man, i don't know the rule but if it should have been a tech and it wasn't than this would just increase my love for joe crawford, best ref hands down keep doing what you do!!!.

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Look at the shot chart also, the Heat took a lot more shots close to the basket than the Thunder did, explaining the difference in FT's. These are real stats, and I can't believe that people still will complain after hearing all of this

king4day
06-18-2012, 11:19 AM
lol it's just funny to look at. The caption makes it perfect.

arkanian215
06-18-2012, 11:32 AM
0a

torocan
06-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm less concerned that he was on the court than he was potentially obscuring a referee's view of the floor.

On the court I can live with if he's not interfering with play, but if he's in FRONT of a Ref, he should be forcefully told to sit his butt down or eat a Tech.

Influencing the game is more than influencing a shot. Screening a ref from the sidelines should NEVER happen.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 11:39 AM
cry more OP, cry more :cry:

at the end of the day, Miami has outplayed OKC in this series. OKC is lucky not to be down 0-3, rather than 1-2. This series isnt over, but right now, we can all see who the better team has been.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm less concerned that he was on the court than he was potentially obscuring a referee's view of the floor.

On the court I can live with if he's not interfering with play, but if he's in FRONT of a Ref, he should be forcefully told to sit his butt down or eat a Tech.

Influencing the game is more than influencing a shot. Screening a ref from the sidelines should NEVER happen.

he wasnt in crawford's line of sight, so no big deal.

jetsforever
06-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Watching this and cheering for the Heat, even I thought this was ********. It was a distraction for sure. He's running onto the court and making a scene.

torocan
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
he wasnt in crawford's line of sight, so no big deal.

Wrong.

He's not obscuring Crawfords view of Westbrook, but he's screening the action off the ball.

If there's an off the ball foul taking place anywhere in the direction of the basket, all Crawford can see is the back of Spo's head.

He should be sitting Spo's butt down or giving him a T.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Watching this and cheering for the Heat, even I thought this was ********. It was a distraction for sure. He's running onto the court and making a scene.

you're right he did make a scene. But he was ordering his team around and stepped a little too far to the right. He wasnt in joey's line of sight and wasnt really close enough to effect Westbrook's shot IMO.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Wrong.

He's not obscuring Crawfords view of Westbrook, but he's screening the action off the ball.

If there's an off the ball foul taking place anywhere in the direction of the basket, all Crawford can see is the back of Spo's head.

He should be sitting Spo's butt down or giving him a T.

ok i'l give you that one, you're right.

jetsforever
06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
you're right he did make a scene. But he was ordering his team around and stepped a little too far to the right. He wasnt in joey's line of sight and wasnt really close enough to effect Westbrook's shot IMO.

I just don't think you should be able to run on the court, stomp your feet and scream for a player to get over there when the guy is getting ready to shoot. They need to fix that because that is a blatant distraction. Thinking you are all alone only to see a coach basically charging at you? :laugh2:

Like I said, I'm cheering for Miami but I thought that was complete horse ****.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 11:52 AM
I just don't think you should be able to run on the court, stomp your feet and scream for a player to get over there when the guy is getting ready to shoot. They need to fix that because that is a blatant distraction. Thinking you are all alone only to see a coach basically charging at you? :laugh2:

yea you're right. They should have done something.

Hawkeye15
06-18-2012, 11:54 AM

I completely agree. But you don't decide to make the correct call in game 3 of the finals, when its been neglected for years. Start making it a real rule, game 1, regular season next year.

Again, this happens all the time.

silverbc
06-18-2012, 11:54 AM
I actually mentioned that play specifically to my brother last night rewound it and showed it again. Im a blazer fan and to me that should easily be a tech and i cant believe that he actually bumped into joey c and was on the floor screaming and no call. That play would have been a huge game changer had they made the right call on the spot.

FlashMacker
06-18-2012, 12:10 PM

Nope because Westbrook was still wide open and had a great look just couldn't make it.

torocan
06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
I completely agree. But you don't decide to make the correct call in game 3 of the finals, when its been neglected for years. Start making it a real rule, game 1, regular season next year.

Again, this happens all the time.

Or you could argument that the time you SHOULD make the correct calls is IN the Finals where it matters the most.

Getting it wrong in the regular season is one thing, in the playoffs another, during Finals? It should have been either a T or a warning.

MarkieMark48
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
There is also a rule saying players on the bench have to rain seated while the ball in in play. This rule is not enforced at all. The ref that coach was I front of was uncharged of ruling the shot a three pointer. He had a clear view of Westbrook and the shot. Should it have been a technical? Sure. Will it ever be called? No

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 12:23 PM

Three consecutive posessions, 3 consecutive turnovers. Were these forced by the refs? Here are a few other posessions of note for you down the stretch:

Did the refs cause Sefolosha to throw that inbounds pass right to Wade? Did they cause Westbrook and Durant to miss all of those crucial shots? If the Thunder weren't turning the ball over and missing shots and they still lost, then I would understand people's frustrations with the refs. I guarantee though if the Thunder don't turn the ball over and miss these shots, that they don't lose and that nobody is having this discussion

The game isn't even close if Durant doesn't get whistled for blatant calls that should not be made and have to leave the game for 7 minutes when his team is cruising along on their best run of the night and ready to blow the game wide open.

Obviously the Thunder made some key mistakes down the stretch, that doesn't mean the refs should get away with the ridiculous calls when the whole entire world got to see multiple replays where guys were not even getting touched and being rewarded with And 1's and FT after FT. Its tough to win when the other team is being handed FT's and And 1s when there is no contact.

Obviously, the Heat made more winning plays the Thunder made less, that doesn't mean the Thunder didn't have to overcome a TON of horrific calls if they wanted to win the game.

Game 1 they were able to overcome some awful LATE-game deciding calls (Collison 'blocking foul' that handed the Heat 3 points, another 'And 1' for LeBron when he wasn't even touched) and still win the game. The Heat don't need the extra help and blatant horrible game changing calls that have been occurring on a nightly basis.

The point isn't that the Thunder still could have won the game and didn't. The point is that the refs screwed them over multiple times before it even got to that point. The Thunder shouldn't have to overcome such blatant garbage in order to have a chance to win at the end.

The Heat are an attacking team, they drive the ball more than OKC, that doesn't mean they should get calls when they aren't even fouled. There were times Harden purposely avoided fouling and gave up a layup, they called a foul for a And 1 anyway. It was a joke.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 12:27 PM
The game isn't even close if Durant doesn't get whistled for blatant calls that should not be made and have to leave the game for 7 minutes when his team is cruising along on their best run of the night and ready to blow the game wide open.

Obviously the Thunder made some key mistakes down the stretch, that doesn't mean the refs should get away with the ridiculous calls when the whole entire world got to see multiple replays where guys were not even getting touched and being rewarded with And 1's and FT after FT.

Obviously, the Heat made more winning plays the Thunder made less, that doesn't mean the Thunder didn't have to overcome a TON of horrific calls if they wanted to win the game.

Game 1 they were able to overcome some awful LATE-game deciding calls (Collison 'blocking foul' that handed the Heat 3 points, another 'And 1' for LeBron when he wasn't even touched) and still win the game. The Heat don't need the extra help and blatant horrible game changing calls that have been occurring on a nightly basis.

The point isn't that the Thunder still could have won the game and didn't. The point is that the refs screwed them over multiple times before it even got to that point. The Thunder shouldn't have to overcome such blatant garbage in order to have a chance to win at the end.

i love your bias,it's cute.

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
While the play with Spo was sort of bush league, that **** happens all the time. I won't even get on the refs for that one. Pretty sure Doug Collins did the same thing on a buzzer beater against the Celtics or Bulls this year in the playoffs and it was much worse and much more blatant.

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
i love your bias,it's cute.

Likewise brotha.

Is your vehement support of the referees giving your team a ton of favorable calls that are deemed horrendous by the entire basketball world, including unbiased analysts who chose the Heat to win, anything other than favorable bias?

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 12:35 PM

Obviously the Thunder made some key mistakes down the stretch, that doesn't mean the refs should get away with the ridiculous calls when the whole entire world got to see multiple replays where guys were not even getting touched and being rewarded with And 1's and FT after FT. Its tough to win when the other team is being handed FT's and And 1s when there is no contact.

The Heat are an attacking team, they drive the ball more than OKC, that doesn't mean they should get calls when they aren't even fouled. There were times Harden purposely avoided fouling and gave up a layup, they called a foul for a And 1 anyway. It was a joke.

Durant's fouls were all his fault, he is reaching in and he needs to stop. He wouldnt be in foul trouble if he wasnt reaching in. They arent rediculous calls on Durant, he is making unnecessary fouls.

Miami gets as many FT's as they do is cuz they shoot like 40 shots in the paint and that causes fouls. Yes there is contact, you're lying to yourself if you dont believe the Thunder are fouling Miami. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden just shot jumpshots, they didnt attack, dont cry about FT's.

This series has actually been reffed pretty fairly, obvioulsy their is always missed a few missed calls. But I think the refs have done a good job in this series.

It evens out. What about Durant's charge that would have been his 6th in Game 2? What about Westbrook's and 1 on Lebron when he wasnt touched? It evens out, OKC has had just as many calls go for them as they have had against them. Refs have done a pretty good job in this series, stop crying.

You're just crying cuz your team aint winning, when the fact is OKC has been completely outplayed by Miami in this series. OKC is lucky not to be down 0-3.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Likewise brotha.

Is your vehement support of the referees giving your team a ton of favorable calls that are deemed horrendous by the entire basketball world, including unbiased analysts who chose the Heat to win, anything other than favorable bias?

1st, not my team. 2nd i already thanked crawford, 3rd you're extremely biased you even mentioned a random and 1 in game one, same game where okc had almost 10 more FTA and were getting to the line on every single drive while miami was getting mugged at times and nothing was called.

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Ok now I'll prove why what you said is wrong yet again and your bias will still allow you to make other excuses. There was ONE and 1 where there was no contact, not several as you are trying to portray it to be. Even I agree that this should not have been a foul, but it was and that's one extra point.

Durant being in foul trouble and being out during a run: Notice that the Thunder made this run while he was on the bench. The Thunder played better when he was on the bench yesterday, which was shown during that stretch where he sat with 4 fouls.

A lot of the fouls being called on Harden are because he is one of the worst floppers in the NBA and refs don't like players like that. You don't think that the refs hate it when guys flop the way Harden flops? That last play where he fouled LeBron, he barely got touched and he fell backwards like LeBron charged full speed into him. I was waiting for him to slide all the way to the scorers table or fake an injury.

And I already told you the FT discrepancy was 11 and 6 of those came at the end of the game with the Thunder fouling to extend the game. That makes the real difference 5 and the Heat had about 5-10 more shots driving towards the basket in the game, hence why they would have more FT's.

How can you keep arguing this? I am presenting you with facts and you are rebuttling with opinions. I even said the one And 1 should not have been a foul. Stop being so biased

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Durant's fouls were all his fault, he is reaching in and he needs to stop. He wouldnt be in foul trouble if he wasnt reaching in. They arent rediculous calls on Durant, he is making unnecessary fouls.

Miami gets as many FT's as they do is cuz they shoot like 40 shots in the paint and that causes fouls. Yes there is contact, you're lying to yourself if you dont believe the Thunder are fouling Miami. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden just shot jumpshots, they didnt attack, dont cry about FT's.

This series has actually been reffed pretty fairly, obvioulsy their is always missed a few missed calls. But I think the refs have done a good job in this series.

It evens out. What about Durant's charge that would have been his 6th in Game 2? What about Westbrook's and 1 on Lebron when he wasnt touched? It evens out, OKC has had just as many calls go for them as they have had against them. Refs have done a pretty good job in this series, stop crying.

You're just crying cuz your team aint winning, when the fact is OKC has been completely outplayed by Miami in this series. OKC is lucky not to be down 0-3.

:clap::clap::clap:

This

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Ok now I'll prove why what you said is wrong yet again and your bias will still allow you to make other excuses. There was ONE and 1 where there was no contact, not several as you are trying to portray it to be. Even I agree that this should not have been a foul, but it was and that's one extra point.

Durant being in foul trouble and being out during a run: Notice that the Thunder made this run while he was on the bench. The Thunder played better when he was on the bench yesterday, which was shown during that stretch where he sat with 4 fouls.

A lot of the fouls being called on Harden are because he is one of the worst floppers in the NBA and refs don't like players like that. You don't think that the refs hate it when guys flop the way Harden flops? That last play where he fouled LeBron, he barely got touched and he fell backwards like LeBron charged full speed into him. I was waiting for him to slide all the way to the scorers table or fake an injury.

And I already told you the FT discrepancy was 11 and 6 of those came at the end of the game with the Thunder fouling to extend the game. That makes the real difference 5 and the Heat had about 5-10 more shots driving towards the basket in the game, hence why they would have more FT's.

How can you keep arguing this? I am presenting you with facts and you are rebuttling with opinions. I even said the one And 1 should not have been a foul. Stop being so biased

OKC could still win this series, but he just has to get his cries in when OKC isnt winning.

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 12:50 PM
OKC could still win this series, but he just has to get his cries in when OKC isnt winning.

I know right? This whining about the refs is ridiculous. If the Thunder would hit more shots then the refs don't even have to influence the game. How have teams beaten the Heat this postseason? By scorching the net with 3 pointers. The Thunder made 4, shooting 22%. They also missed 9 FTs in a 6 point game. So if they hit 2 more 3's (went 4 of 18) and hit half of those FTs, they then win. Don't blame the refs for missed shots and missed FTs

DieHardColtsfan
06-18-2012, 12:55 PM
This is not exactly street legal, so lets keep this on the down low.

BallIsAll
06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
its not legal and for those talking about the bench players on the corner 3s.

1. Corner 3s are shorter.
2. Players are used to playing like that and shooting corner 3s with the bench players talking smack.

Whoever is saying it was legal would probably ***** if it was their team that got D'd up by a damn coach thats ridiculous and I dont even like OKC.

0nekhmer
06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
I remember this play too, spo ran up the side stomping. Although it didn't affect the play, he was right in front of a ref which I dontvjnow how it was not called.

KingPosey
06-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Well you know, based on the photo, its not like Joey Crawford was in position to even see it take place. Cut the refs some slack....

Baller1
06-18-2012, 01:14 PM

:laugh:

Dude, you're being so hypocritical right now. You guys keep talking about that ****ing "charge" on Durant in game 2, but it's the exact same play that Lebron got his 'and 1' on against KD last night. Then you guys try to justify the Lebron foul on KD with no time left, but think Wade's 'and 1' on Perk was a fair play last night, despite being the EXACT same play.

How about Lebron throwing the ball of the back of the backboard? Or Thabo Sefalosha getting hit on the head by Wade at a crucial moment of the game? Or the phantom foul on Harden granting Lebron late free throws? Or the refs ruining the game for OKC by taking their best player out for weak, weak fouls?

You're being hypocritical, because these same plays are happening on both sides but not being called consistently.

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM

I distinctly remember 3 times within a very short time period JVG had to acknowledge that there was no contact whatsoever on a call. Even Mike Breen the refs best friend acknowledged this. NBA TV went through the fouls and acknowledged 3 of KD's 5 fouls were bogus.

How was Durant on the bench for the run in the 3rd when they went up 10 and looked primed to blow the game wide open, until Wade hit Durant with his pump fake and Durant didn't even touch him, and JVG and Breen once again acknowledge he didn't touch him and the foul was awful. That call completely switched the game into a 180. A bad whistle by the referee shouldn't have that type of impact on a finals game.

Why does Harden get penalized for flopping when the Heat constantly get rewarded for it, as well as rewarded for constant complaining after every call? Double standard? One team flops and gets the calls, the other flops and gets the calls AGAINST them. One team complains and gets calls because of it. The other doesn't say a word and gets destroyed with game changing bad calls.

I already said the Heat SHOULD get more FT calls. Its not even quantity of calls they get, they are an attacking team. Its the calls that are so blatantly wrong and the calls that take a superstar out for half a quarter and kill all of their momentum and obviously have a lasting impact on the outcome of the game. The tick tack fouls that put them on FT line in huge moments that seem to only be called for one team. The calls that are just straight up wrong. LeBron throwing the ball off the back of the backboard and getting the ball back with a fresh shot clock in a crucial 2nd half possession.

LOL, ok you admit one call was bogus so that makes you less biased than I am? Did you not see my post saying what Spo did at the end of the game was a fine-by-me no call? Or that Miami attacks more and should get to the FT line more?

BTW, stating your opinion as a fact doesn't make it a fact. THATS A FACT.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM

Dude, you're being so hypocritical right now. You guys keep talking about that ****ing "charge" on Durant in game 2, but it's the exact same play that Lebron got his 'and 1' on against KD last night. Then you guys try to justify the Lebron foul on KD with no time left, but think Wade's 'and 1' on Perk was a fair play last night, despite being the EXACT same play.

How about Lebron throwing the ball of the back of the backboard? Or Thabo Sefalosha getting hit on the head by Wade at a crucial moment of the game? Or the phantom foul on Harden granting Lebron late free throws? Or the refs ruining the game for OKC by taking their best player out for weak, weak fouls?

You're being hypocritical, because these same plays are happening on both sides but not being called consistently.

you didn't call hardens flop a phantom call did you?

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 01:21 PM

I am fine with the Thabo no call if all things are equal, but there was more contact by Wade on that play than a TON of calls that went against the Thunder last night. Its an obvious double standard that needs to be addressed. Its a shame Stern will just milk his 'the only way to improve officiating is with robots' crap he keeps spewing in interviews.

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 01:22 PM
There have been tons of youtube videos, minutes long, ESPN segments with referees, addressing all of the Heats flops this post season, pretty much all of them were called in the Heats favor.

But Harden is getting phantom calls because he tries to flop?

Again, double standard much?

bucketss
06-18-2012, 01:27 PM
There have been tons of youtube videos, minutes long, ESPN segments with referees, addressing all of the Heats flops this post season, pretty much all of them were called in the Heats favor.

do you know what a phantom call is? its a made up foul, like if durant lets lebron dunk it to avoid a foul call and still gets it called on him. Funny thing is if this wasn't the heat you wouldn't call it a double standard you would say the veteran team should get more respect and that harden should have took acting lessons:facepalm:

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 01:29 PM
rigged

Baller1
06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
you didn't call hardens flop a phantom call did you?

So a flop is a foul now?

Baller1
06-18-2012, 01:31 PM
I am fine with the Thabo no call if all things are equal, but there was more contact by Wade on that play than a TON of calls that went against the Thunder last night. Its an obvious double standard that needs to be addressed. Its a shame Stern will just milk his 'the only way to improve officiating is with robots' crap he keeps spewing in interviews.

Exactly, I wouldn't have minded the Thabo no call had the fairly called similar plays to that one throughout the series.

A double standard is the perfect way to put it.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM

dude it wasnt. What it was, was the same type of charge Durant did on Manu in the WCF. It was wrongly called a charge on Manu in the WCF.

OKC was down 3 and could have got the ball back, if Harden wasnt playing so tight and flopping nothing would have happened. It was Harden's fault because he was playing tight and flopping rather than just staying in front of Lebron and trying to get the stop.

Yea like its the refs fault Westbrook didnt get an inbounds play, and its the refs fault Miami kept getting to the lane whcih causes fouls... :rolleyes:

bucketss
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
So a flop is a foul now?

harden drops on the floor the ref has to call something right? lord knows if he didn't everyone would make a million threads about a no call, and if you didn't notice he was fouling him like a million times on that play trying to get a steal but the refs tried hard not to call it.

Baller1
06-18-2012, 01:34 PM
dude it wasnt. What it was, was the same type of charge Durant did on Manu in the WCF. It was wrongly called a charge on Manu in the WCF.

OKC was down 3 and could have got the ball back, if Harden wasnt playing so tight and flopping nothing would have happened. It was Harden's fault because he was playing tight and flopping rather than just staying in front of Lebron and trying to get the stop.

Yea like its the refs fault Westbrook didnt get an inbounds play, and its the refs fault Miami kept getting to the lane whcih causes fouls... :rolleyes:

Haha, no it was the exact same play as the Battier one. Battier shuffled his feet after Durant had left his feet, just as Durant did last night. Both are blocking fouls, good calls. Unless you think it's a charge, then they both should be considered fouls.

A flop isn't a foul. Simple as that.

Baller1
06-18-2012, 01:35 PM
harden drops on the floor the ref has to call something right? lord knows if he didn't everyone would make a million threads about a no call

Haha, so a player falls and a call has to be made? No, that was a phantom foul called on Harden.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Haha, so a player falls and a call has to be made? No, that was a phantom foul called on Harden.

yeah if he drops like that it puts extreme pressure on the refs to call something.

4:42, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYrCbSkTNdo

what would you call that? certainly not a foul on lebron, also do you notice how many fouls harden gets away with prior to the blocking foul?

QueensG
06-18-2012, 01:40 PM
spo just made the first team all defense coaching squad with that play

JC_
06-18-2012, 01:41 PM

Not a phantom call when Harden says "look at me" and falls down. Refs call something on those plays 75% of the time. Just a straight up dumb move by Harden who is a formidable flopper.

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 01:42 PM

The phantom foul on Harden? Are you freakin kidding me? Did you watch the game? He flopped and the refs have been calling fouls on floppers. You are seriously going to call that a phantom call?

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 01:43 PM

look OKC can still win this series. And I know it sucks to lose. But crying ref when the refs have actually been fair isnt going to change anything. Instead of continually crying you should be looking forward for Game 4.

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't really have a huge vested interest in the series, but I would rather see the Thunder win instead of the Heat, so i may come off as a little bias with my next comment.

As dumb as it was that Harden was so close to Lebron with the shot clock as low as it was, how long are the refs going to continue to let Lebron get separation by stiff arming the defender while he is dribbling, and also while driving to the basket?

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 01:48 PM
I distinctly remember 3 times within a very short time period JVG had to acknowledge that there was no contact whatsoever on a call. Even Mike Breen the refs best friend acknowledged this. NBA TV went through the fouls and acknowledged 3 of KD's 5 fouls were bogus.

How was Durant on the bench for the run in the 3rd when they went up 10 and looked primed to blow the game wide open, until Wade hit Durant with his pump fake and Durant didn't even touch him, and JVG and Breen once again acknowledge he didn't touch him and the foul was awful. That call completely switched the game into a 180. A bad whistle by the referee shouldn't have that type of impact on a finals game.

Why does Harden get penalized for flopping when the Heat constantly get rewarded for it, as well as rewarded for constant complaining after every call? Double standard? One team flops and gets the calls, the other flops and gets the calls AGAINST them. One team complains and gets calls because of it. The other doesn't say a word and gets destroyed with game changing bad calls.

I already said the Heat SHOULD get more FT calls. Its not even quantity of calls they get, they are an attacking team. Its the calls that are so blatantly wrong and the calls that take a superstar out for half a quarter and kill all of their momentum and obviously have a lasting impact on the outcome of the game. The tick tack fouls that put them on FT line in huge moments that seem to only be called for one team. The calls that are just straight up wrong. LeBron throwing the ball off the back of the backboard and getting the ball back with a fresh shot clock in a crucial 2nd half possession.

LOL, ok you admit one call was bogus so that makes you less biased than I am? Did you not see my post saying what Spo did at the end of the game was a fine-by-me no call? Or that Miami attacks more and should get to the FT line more?

BTW, stating your opinion as a fact doesn't make it a fact. THATS A FACT.

No my posts have facts such as amounts of FT's shot and shots taken while driving to the basket, as well as stats about when turnovers happened, when missed shots happened, how the Thunder shot 22% behind the 3 point line, and why there was a difference in the amount of FT's.

Your posts are about why the Thunder got screwed based off opinions of JVG and other media outlets. Did you ever think that maybe they say these things to get more people like you to watch their program, raising their ratings? Im not stating my opinions as fact, I'm stating facts to disprove your opinions, and THATS A FACT

bucketss
06-18-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't really have a huge vested interest in the series, but I would rather see the Thunder win instead of the Heat, so i may come off as a little bias with my next comment.

As dumb as it was that Harden was so close to Lebron with the shot clock as low as it was, how long are the refs going to continue to let Lebron get separation by stiff arming the defender while he is dribbling, and also while driving to the basket?

he's going to get away with it forever, almost all superstars do it.

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 01:50 PM

You get those calls when you are the #1 player in the world, not saying its fair but it is what it is.

homestarunner93
06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
If Scott Brooks did that to Dwyane Wade, would the OP cry about it? Probably not.

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Haha, no it was the exact same play as the Battier one. Battier shuffled his feet after Durant had left his feet, just as Durant did last night. Both are blocking fouls, good calls. Unless you think it's a charge, then they both should be considered fouls.

Your inability to admit that Durant was moving on that "charge" and that it wasnt a charge, it was a block in the WCF shows your bias

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2012, 01:53 PM
It would be nice to see a game officiated by the book, by the true definitions to see what a game would actually look like. Not saying it would be a good product, but the "so-so gets these calls, and so-so doesn't" crap has to stop.

Only one of the many reasons that the NBA is a complete joke.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 01:54 PM
It would be nice to see a game officiated by the book, by the true definitions to see what a game would actually look like. Not saying it would be a good product, but the "so-so gets these calls, and so-so doesn't" crap has to stop.

Only one of the many reasons that the NBA is a complete joke.

blame jordan.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
blame jordan.

this

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
To the people still whining about the refs, the reason that people like me, that have no team in this series (Blazers fan) are bashing you and telling you to stop is because it is about 14 hours since the game has ended and you are STILL complaining about the refs last night like that is going to do anything for the outcome of the game or frankly like anybody outside of your fan base even cares. As I said before, the refs in WCF Game 6 were far worse, but I have heartd no mention of that from you Thunder fans. Throughout the playoffs, calls will even out. Stop complaining about it.

Bigbadmoffo

it's a tech but w/e **** happens. Brooks got teched for complaining about a call and they reversed it.

mvb815
i swear there is a new thread about the refs everytime the heat get a win.

here's a peice of news for you, if the games were called as fair as possible the better team would still win, and as much as you hate it, the better team for the next 4-5 years is going to be the heat

Bigbadmoffo
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
To the people still whining about the refs, the reason that people like me, that have no team in this series (Blazers fan) are bashing you and telling you to stop is because it is about 14 hours since the game has ended and you are STILL complaining about the refs last night like that is going to do anything for the outcome of the game or frankly like anybody outside of your fan base even cares. As I said before, the refs in WCF Game 6 were far worse, but I have heartd no mention of that from you Thunder fans. Throughout the playoffs, calls will even out. Stop complaining about it.

I agree it's part of the game they need to accept and move on. If you look any any sport though it's natural for ppl to hate on the refs so i don't know why you think it'll change???

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2012, 02:04 PM
i swear there is a new thread about the refs everytime the heat get a win.

here's a peice of news for you, if the games were called as fair as possible the better team would still win, and as much as you hate it, the better team for the next 4-5 years is going to be the heat

Well, at least you aren't bias or anything.

Bigbadmoffo
06-18-2012, 02:04 PM
look OKC can still win this series. And I know it sucks to lose. But crying ref when the refs have actually been fair isnt going to change anything. Instead of continually crying you should be looking forward for Game 4.

Yeah okc has this series!! Refs have no impact if you wanna win go get it boys. I think they realize the only way to win is to play your heart out and not your acting skills.

Bigbadmoffo
06-18-2012, 02:08 PM

How he knows they're the best for the next 4 to 5 is beyond me. Wade could get injured or Lebron or a team like okc could add players to make them better ect.... He complains about refs *****ers and then makes a ridiculous statement. If you want credibility don't be so biased when you type something.

mvb815
06-18-2012, 02:09 PM

and who is going to stop them? this thunder team is the best we are going to see match up against the heat, and even they have to break up. unless some serious names come together with some serious paycuts, my comment is valid.

kingjaymes23
06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
I agree it's part of the game they need to accept and move on. If you look any any sport though it's natural for ppl to hate on the refs so i don't know why you think it'll change???

Oh I know it won't ever change. I wish it would, but it never will

MickeyMgl
06-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm surprised that this wasn't a technical, considering he was actually in FRONT of the referee.

StinkEye
06-18-2012, 02:14 PM
and who is going to stop them? this thunder team is the best we are going to see match up against the heat, and even they have to break up. unless some serious names come together with some serious paycuts, my comment is valid.

How many finals have gone to game 7s and have had close games throughout in the past 20 years? I think it's a little odd to think that the HEAT will have no competition in the next few years. This series has been close. It's only 2-1 (every series has to got 2-1 eventually). It's not like the KD and RW are gonna stop getting better as players. You should chillax.

RiLoc
06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
I looked through the NBA Rule Book (http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Official-NBA-Rule-Book.pdf). Couldn't find anything concrete.

The only two rules I could find that were remotely close were:

RULE NO. 12—FOULS AND PENALTIES

Section V—Conduct

d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:

(5) A coach entering onto the court without permission of an official

Clearly this isn't enforced on a literal basis, because it's common to see coaches being a step in bounds. So I'm guessing officials only call it when a coach is bending the rule too much or it's interference? And in this case Crawford didn't see it as interference? I didn't notice it when watching, so it's difficult to get the context of what Spoelstra's doing.

I feel like if it was truly interference it would've been called. It'd be funny if players recognized when a was coach on the court and intentionally tried to run into them to draw a technical foul. lol

RULE NO. 3—PLAYERS, SUBSTITUTES AND COACHES

Section IV—The Coach and Others

a. The coach’s position may be on or off the bench from the 28' hash mark to the baseline. They are permitted between the 28' hash mark and the midcourt line to relay information to players but must return to the bench side of the 28' hash mark immediately or be called for a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. A coach is not permitted to cross the midcourt line and violators will be assessed an unsportsmanlike technical foul immediately. All assistants and trainers must remain on the bench. Coaches and trainers are not permitted to go to the scorer’s table, for any reason, except during a dead ball.
That's not helpful, but it's the only thing I found that directly states where a coach can be.

mvb815
06-18-2012, 02:20 PM
How many finals have gone to game 7s and have had close games throughout in the past 20 years? I think it's a little odd to think that the HEAT will have no competition in the next few years. This series has been close. It's only 2-1 (every series has to got 2-1 eventually). It's not like the KD and RW are gonna stop getting better as players. You should chillax.

no doubt they will get better, so will the salarys they command. i'd be surprised if they kept both rw and kd, but lets say they did, even into their primes. thats 2 max contracts hombre, you think they could afford harden, or ibaka? they wont get another opportunity like this, meanwhile the heat's core will be intact for many years, and seasoned players who want rings will go to miami for pennies.

it's the start of a dynasty

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 02:20 PM

Durant was never set, just like in the WCF. :sigh:

Just admit that its Harden's fault for putting himself in that position. The Thunder can still win the series. But the observation through the first 3 games is they are not ready...

Sorry to burst your bubble...

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Spoelstra always does **** like this. But it is one of those things that makes me wonder why even have rules if it is not going to get punished. Kinda like when on Free Throws 98% of the time someone commits a lane violation but the only call it "sometimes"

FT violations, travels, carries, illegal picks, delay of game after scores/turnovers, taunts, illegal contact. Refs don't call a lot of shlt. But I'm sure it's only the Heat that actually commit any of those penalties right?

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2012, 02:27 PM

I am sure you thought this last year as well, you know, when Dallas handed it to them?

FT violations, travels, carries, illegal picks, delay of game after scores/turnovers, taunts, illegal contact. Refs don't call a lot of shlt. But I'm sure it's only the Heat that actually commit any of those penalties right?

You have to admit, it does get a little one sided at times. The NBA has to protect their investment, much like they did with Michael.

mvb815
06-18-2012, 02:31 PM
I am sure you thought this last year as well, you know, when Dallas handed it to them?

You have to admit, it does get a little one sided at times. The NBA has to protect their investment, much like they did with Michael.

actually no, i thought the lakers would 3peat, i figured the heat needed a year to get used to each other. the previous 3 years before that one i predicted correctly though. just in case you were curious, i'm not biased, i'm also not blind.

KingPosey
06-18-2012, 02:32 PM
He is so far on the court he is standing directly infront of Crawford, the referee. Maybe, just MAYBE, he is affecting the game by affecting your ability to see the floor and makes calls lol....

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2012, 02:36 PM
actually no, i thought the lakers would 3peat, i figured the heat needed a year to get used to each other. the previous 3 years before that one i predicted correctly though. just in case you were curious, i'm not biased, i'm also not blind.

Nostradamus, is that you?

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 02:38 PM
He is so far on the court he is standing directly infront of Crawford, the referee. Maybe, just MAYBE, he is affecting the game by affecting your ability to see the floor and makes calls lol....

he isnt right in front of him, if you look at the link on page 1 he is standing to the side, although in front.

DeRaptor95
06-18-2012, 02:39 PM
If you think that is bad you should see Tom Thibodeau when the bulls play

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 02:41 PM

Well my point is they don't call a lot of stuff because it's pointless and doesn't effect the game or at least it has minimal effect. However, no one really complains until it's seemingly the Heat doing the violating of the rules.

Stars get away with so much stuff in the NBA it's astonishing. It's not just Lebron and Wade who travel.

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Please watch the video in real time. It's really not even bad.

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 02:45 PM
If you think that is bad you should see Tom Thibodeau when the bulls play

yea, that dude is in full on defensive position knees bent and all lol

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Bad enough. :shrug:

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Do I think it was game altering, no.

Should there have been a tech? Yes.

Simple solution, move the damn benches back some. :shrug:

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Do I think it was game altering, no.

Should there have been a tech? Yes.

Simple solution, move the damn benches back some. :shrug:

you're right. They should move the seats back, and the bench back. They shouldnt let fans sit so close to the court, people get hurt that way.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 02:50 PM

lolololol anyone notice the moving screen on sefalosha?

ManRam
06-18-2012, 02:52 PM
I blame Stern.

Is "Silver rigged it" or "I blame Silver" going to work. It just doesn't have the same ring to it.

But seriously...I'm sure now that it's addressed OKC will be more aware of it and get in the refs ears. Spo shouldn't be doing that.

kenzo400
06-18-2012, 02:56 PM
hardheaded to the max

this

equals to a player cheering on the bench.... jesus christ this generation...

Not just that but you are actually allowed to stand up as a bench player, just not go on the court.

JayAllDay
06-18-2012, 03:00 PM

This right here.

I highly doubt it affected Westbrook's shot but Spoelstra was in front of the ref. That's what was really crazy about it.

topdog
06-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I hate when coaches are on the floor period. Expand the sidelines if you have to. There's no reason they need to step onto the field of play.

topdog
06-18-2012, 03:15 PM

Joey Crawford had to move over because Spo was in front of him. That is an issue.

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 04:26 PM

bucketss
06-18-2012, 04:34 PM
lol!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Kyben36
06-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I noticed it in game, he ran out and pretended to almost block the shot, ive seen coaches yell, screem from sidelines, im fine with that, but coming off the bench at a shooter should be a TEch and an ejection IMO

Kyben36
06-18-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgYZjXXotp4

the sad thing is its right in front of the ref

8kobe24
06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Should be tech on the coach, but hey...refs don't see that kind of stuff when the game is close, they're more focused on the shot going up (or that earpiece they have listening to sterns commands lol). Joking aside... Yes, Spo was a little to far across the line but not to distract the shooter. He was actually yelling at one of his players to pick up westbrook on the switch, I think chalmers because he went under the screen and left westbrook open. Real shooter don't get distracted by stuff like that.

Vincent
06-18-2012, 05:38 PM
The Thunder didn't lose the game because of this, but I completely confused at why Spol didn't get kicked out for that.

Seemed like a missed call by the refs.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgYZjXXotp4

the sad thing is its right in front of the ref

I noticed it in game, he ran out and pretended to almost block the shot, ive seen coaches yell, screem from sidelines, im fine with that, but coming off the bench at a shooter should be a TEch and an ejection IMO

lol no he didn't

bucketss
06-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Should be tech on the coach, but hey...refs don't see that kind of stuff when the game is close, they're more focused on the shot going up (or that earpiece they have listening to sterns commands lol). Joking aside... Yes, Spo was a little to far across the line but not to distract the shooter. He was actually yelling at one of his players to pick up westbrook on the switch, I think chalmers because he went under the screen and left westbrook open. Real shooter don't get distracted by stuff like that.

saw the video, nice illegal screen by sefolosha to get westbrook open.

nothappyinut
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Geez some mods are so sensitive take a joke for hell sakes

felixng2012
06-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Should have gotten a tech and thats all.

utl768
06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
the reason westbrook missed the shot was because spolestra farted and the stink confused westbrook

true story.....

3ballbomber
06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
how comfortable & confident would you have to be w/ the officiating in a playoff game, especially in front of Crawford to be able to step on the court waving your arms wildly while a player is shooting at a crucial part of the game. lmfao @ this

JWO35
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
If that was Scott Brooks & LeBron James, Brooks would be getting crushed by the media...

Sssmush
06-18-2012, 08:35 PM
If Miami loses that Game 3, that is basically the series over right there.

So... in the interest of suspense and excitement, I don't think ANYTHING was going to get called against Miami in that last 1 or 2 minutes.

bucketss
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
If that was Scott Brooks & LeBron James, Brooks would be getting crushed by the media...

actually it wouldn't everyone would probably say brooks is an fiery OG doing everything to get his young ball club the win.

If Miami loses that Game 3, that is basically the series over right there.

So... in the interest of suspense and excitement, I don't think ANYTHING was going to get called against Miami in that last 1 or 2 minutes.

are you forgetting they won game 2? how would the series be essentially over than?:facepalm:

BlinkManJan02
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
That is pretty ridiculous. Make the 'side court' bigger or have the coaches stay the chingar off it.

GiantsSwaGG
06-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Dude if you haven't figured out the finals is rigged, idk what to tell you!

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Dude if you haven't figured out the finals is rigged, idk what to tell you!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 11:48 PM
if westbrook had half a brain, he would have ran into spo

heatbb
06-19-2012, 04:00 AM

+1

I think Kidd was the last one to do it when he deliberately ran into Mike Woodson a couple of years ago.

dh144498
06-19-2012, 10:54 AM
because Joey crawford.

8kobe24
06-19-2012, 11:16 AM

So they have an app for this now huh?

Bob_at_york
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM

when I saw Spo out there in real time, I was thinking the same thing.