PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkey you were right.

ldawg
06-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Charles you were right. I am looking at Okc while they are the best team in the NBA they can be better. They could use a tall skill post player to match their game. I think they should gave Lakers a call and see what it will take to get Pau Gasol in okc i think he is the missing piece to make them dominant.

ChitownBears22
06-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Charles you were right. I am looking at Okc while they are the best team in the NBA they can be better. They could use a tall skill post player to match their game. I think they should gave Lakers a call and see what it will take to get Pau Gasol in okc i think he is the missing piece to make them dominant.

So Miami get ridiculed for wanting to improve their roster but OKC needs more help outside of Kd, westrbook, collison, perkins, harden and Ibaka.

I think Brooks is effing up by not playing Cook. Something tells me he would like to prove something to Miami and he is a great shooter.

LGhost
06-17-2012, 10:55 PM
lol... How about feeding Perkins first before you call him worthless, dude has a nice hook... Wouldn't hurt to try especially since and when they can't get **** else to work.

JC_
06-17-2012, 11:00 PM
They aren't playing up to par. Bottom line.

Ebbs
06-17-2012, 11:22 PM
I hate Perkins but he was the 3rd best thunder player on the floor tonight.
Brooks leaves Ibaka off at weird times. I also think running Harden, Thabo, and Durant at the same time is stupid.

ManRam
06-17-2012, 11:53 PM

OF course they aren't a perfect team. They have holes.

That hole you mention Miami has twice as bad.

It's not over. Let's not act like they are done. Their problems were NOT a lack of size. Miami isn't going to expose that too much. Their problems were costly TOs, missed free throws, and an inability to make big shots late in the game.

LA_Raiders
06-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Its not it, It just that Brooks is an average coach...

Brooksl, Spo are probably the Top 5 worst coaches in NBA...

Master Mind
06-18-2012, 12:04 AM
the heat are the scum of the earth how any1 can cheer for em is beyond me

Knicks fan :laugh2:

BklynKnicks3
06-18-2012, 12:17 AM
if lebron went to ny i wouldnt be a knick fan amare is a flawed player not even close to a superstar

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 12:18 AM
if lebron went to ny i wouldnt be a knick fan amare is a flawed player not even close to a superstar

Not how I remember knicks fans acting before he decided. They thought for sure LeBron was going to be wearing Knicks orange. I saw so many photoshopped LeBron in Knicks jerseys it was crazy.

BklynKnicks3
06-18-2012, 12:19 AM
What exactly is the right way? Please explain to me. He was a free agent and exercised his right to go to a better situation for HIM. Had he gone to the Knicks or the Bulls, no one would have said jack $ht about it. That's the nature of the business bro.

right way is fighting and battlign ur competition not joining it idc if he went to another team just dont join a melo.wade or durant guys who u should be going against thats why he is a joke to real legends jordan bird magic should have teamed up and won 15 rings strait corny

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 12:22 AM
right way is fighting and battlign ur competition not joining it idc if he went to another team just dont join a melo.wade or durant guys who u should be going against thats why he is a joke to real legends jordan bird magic should have teamed up and won 15 rings strait corny

Why do you hate him for wanting to play on the same team as his close friends. Doesn't make sense. The NBA is different from the Jordan Bird Magic era. You get paid no matter what now if you are talented. Jordan was making 4,000,000 a year when he played. Winning got you more money. Now players get it regardless so why not team up with other stars and just have fun. NBA killed itself when they let contracts get out of control.

BklynKnicks3
06-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Why do you hate him for wanting to play on the same team as his close friends. Doesn't make sense. The NBA is different from the Jordan Bird Magic era. You get paid no matter what now if you are talented. Jordan was making 4,000,000 a year when he played. Winning got you more money. Now players get it regardless so why not team up with other stars and just have fun. NBA killed itself when they let contracts get out of control.

jordan made 30 mill a year for like 4 years strait toward the end of his career and back when he made 4 mill a year value of money was diff

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 12:29 AM
jordan made 30 mill a year for like 4 years strait toward the end of his career and back when he made 4 mill a year value of money was diff

Yeah he made 4 mil in the Bird Magic Jordan era which you referenced. Which is what I brought up. Jordan than changed that when he became the face of the NBA and created a whole new world of marketing chances for the NBA.

IIISSKiLL
06-18-2012, 12:33 AM
werent knick fans cheering lebron for scoring 50 in the garden ?? didnt chris paul make a toast for amar'e, melo, and himself to make a new "big 3" and new york ate it up ? dont hate on wade, and lebron for not wanting to go to new york

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-18-2012, 12:34 AM

Horseshit.

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Horseshit.

for real

BklynKnicks3
06-18-2012, 12:44 AM
i dont hate em for not coming to ny but for teamin up like 2 scared cowards

JordansBulls
06-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Harden is the XFactor and if he isn't playing well, the Thunder lose.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 12:46 AM

Much like Amare, Melo and CP3 trying to create a big 3. haha you are out of your element.

CHANGO
06-18-2012, 12:47 AM
knicksfan iam but my hate for heat has nothing to do with it. I just hate cowards who take shortcuts and cant win a ring the right way. wade,bosh lecunt 3 corn balls at least wade did it idk wha hap to him n his pride he becomin like lebron personality wise. Lebron n wade should be going at it like warriors not huggin each other on every play 2 clowns

So you are saying that you hate cowards like, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, MELO, AMARE, Paul, Griffin. Right?

odiz
06-18-2012, 12:54 AM

And yet you guys still gave him a superstar contract.

All 3 of those guys you mentioned played with multiple HOFers. Id take Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman over Wade and Bosh any day.

BklynKnicks3
06-18-2012, 12:55 AM
And yet you guys still gave him a superstar contract.

All 3 of those guys you mentioned played with multiple HOFers. Id take Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman over Wade and Bosh any day.

big mistake i admit that but had no choice only big name left

raiderposting
06-18-2012, 01:10 AM
hating isn't going to stop the fact that the heat might represent the east for another couple of seasons consecutively. i know these knicks fans will be way bigger lebron nut huggers than heat fans if he was in NY.

Mell413
06-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Its not it, It just that Brooks is an average coach...

Brooksl, Spo are probably the Top 5 worst coaches in NBA...

How can you be an average coach and yet be one of the 5 worst coaches in the NBA?

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 01:21 AM
There isn't a single team in the history of any sport that didn't have a spot to improve on. It's how sports work.

Fnom11
06-18-2012, 01:21 AM
How can you be an average coach and yet be one of the 5 worst coaches in the NBA?

Spo and Brooks are far from "bad" coaches. However, they're even further away from being great coaches.

Ty Fast
06-18-2012, 01:23 AM
knicksfan iam but my hate for heat has nothing to do with it. I just hate cowards who take shortcuts and cant win a ring the right way. wade,bosh lecunt 3 corn balls at least wade did it idk wha hap to him n his pride he becomin like lebron personality wise. Lebron n wade should be going at it like warriors not huggin each other on every play 2 clowns

do u hate the yankkees then???

Mell413
06-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Spo and Brooks are far from "bad" coaches. However, they're even further away from being great coaches.

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying, but you can't be an average coach and be one of the 5 worst coaches. Those 2 statements conflict.

tmacsc2
06-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Harden is the XFactor and if he isn't playing well, the Thunder lose.

not true....harden had 5 points and they won...harden shot 82% in game 2 and had 21 points and they lost....tonight he shot bad from 3 point land and only 2/10 overall with 9 points 5 assists and 5 boards....he needs to attack attack attack

NSJ
06-18-2012, 01:45 AM
So Miami get ridiculed for wanting to improve their roster but OKC needs more help outside of Kd, westrbook, collison, perkins, harden and Ibaka.

I think Brooks is effing up by not playing Cook. Something tells me he would like to prove something to Miami and he is a great shooter.

Why do you feel the need to immediately bring up the heat in a thread directed towards the thunder? Could have easily left out the first half of your comment and gone with the latter.

Having said that I think the Thunder are good as they are. What more could they have to offer? They're playing against a heat team that has three great players (hate to say it, but top 1 or 2 in the nba and two other guys that I'm not sure were to rank at this point). It's ridiculous to talk about what either team needs to improve because they're both in the finals. Let's see what happens and enjoy the series before we see what moves are going to/need to be made.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 01:47 AM
You think wade is #2 in the NBA?

#credibilitylost

naps
06-18-2012, 02:05 AM
the heat are the scum of the earth how any1 can cheer for em is beyond me

I have seen in others threads you make this sorta off-topic baits about the Heat. Well, I won't blame you because Heat sent your overrated Knicks back to irrelevance. They are resting in peace now.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:07 AM
I have seen in others threads you make this sorta off-topic baits about the Heat. Well, I won't blame you because Heat sent your overrated Knicks back to irrelevance. They are resting in peace now.

Can I say it? Can I say it.

ok

BURN!!!!!

naps
06-18-2012, 02:11 AM

Says the guy who's rocking a Melo-Amare sig. Stop being jealous because neither LeBron, Wade, nor Bosh gave **** on the Knicks in 2010. You just mad because you can't cheer for them. Pathetic.

NYKnicks4511
06-18-2012, 02:26 AM

Comparing OKC with Miami is an apples-oranges argument. OKC is a homegrown team built through the draft, whereas the Heat got their 1st and 3rd best players via free agency. Let's not even talk about the hype that they perpetuated by the whole not x, not y, z championships b/s.
OKC is a young team with two bona fide superstars in KD and Westbrook, and a budding one in Harden. The Heat players in question were all in their respective primes when they signed on.

I don't think the Thunder need more help, but they could use some offensive production on the low block, and Gasol would definitely help. This series still has a long way to go, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't rest on the shoulders of Daequan Cook :facepalm:

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Comparing OKC with Miami is an apples-oranges argument. OKC is a homegrown team built through the draft, whereas the Heat got their 1st and 3rd best players via free agency. Let's not even talk about the hype that they perpetuated by the whole not x, not y, z championships b/s.
OKC is a young team with two bona fide superstars in KD and Westbrook, and a budding one in Harden. The Heat players in question were all in their respective primes when they signed on.

I don't think the Thunder need more help, but they could use some offensive production on the low block, and Gasol would definitely help. This series still has a long way to go, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't rest on the shoulders of Daequan Cook :facepalm:

I never said it rested on cook. I just mentioned that he is usually good for some quick offense in the 10 minutes he usually gets. He is a good shooter, so why not exploit that.

jam
06-18-2012, 02:45 AM
OKC is supremely talented. They just don't have a lot of experience under their belts yet. They've been 1-3 plays from a win in the last two. And maybe a blown call or two away as well.

Their young stars, Harden and WB in particular, are just a little too eager.

jam
06-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Why do you feel the need to immediately bring up the heat in a thread directed towards the thunder? Could have easily left out the first half of your comment and gone with the latter.

Having said that I think the Thunder are good as they are. What more could they have to offer? They're playing against a heat team that has three great players (hate to say it, but top 1 or 2 in the nba and two other guys that I'm not sure were to rank at this point). It's ridiculous to talk about what either team needs to improve because they're both in the finals. Let's see what happens and enjoy the series before we see what moves are going to/need to be made.

I need this gif in 1080p. :)

STL Don
06-18-2012, 02:52 AM
An upgrade would not hurt by any means however, use what you have to your advantage right now. Not what they could have next year, in hopes they can be in the same situation..
Give Ibaka more touches in the paint, more ally oop attempts.. he is capable of adding in 12-15 on a consistent basis. 4 line trips combined between Perkins and Ibaka is inexcusable. They are both leaders on the floor and need to be more involved for the Thunder to have a better chance winning the title THIS year.

NBAFan2012
06-18-2012, 04:47 AM

Kendrik Perkins is really horrible. I thought Deandre Jordan was bad but Kendrik Perkins wow. He travels, he is slow, he cant put the ball down, he is slow, he travels haha whenever he touches the Ball and if i were a Thunder fan id cringe.

They should amnesty him for an athletic big the guy does not even jump