PDA

View Full Version : do you think sports fans today...

AWC713
06-17-2012, 05:35 PM
associate themselves TOO closely with their favorite teams/ players?

let me elaborate.

for example, fans of certains teams (yankees, lakers, for example), may display at certain times as though they themselves are better than fans of others teams SOLELY because of the achievements accomplished by their favorite teams.

does anybody else see this trend? nothing makes one fan "better" than another by any means, but it seems to be a trend i see a lot.

a fan of say, the KC royals or pirates, who have suffered a lot over the past two decades, is not any worse of a fan than that of a yankees fan...and may even be a "better" fan by sticking through the rough years.

maybe arrogance plays a part into it, but i was wonder what other people's opinion on the matter was.

AWC713
06-17-2012, 05:36 PM
i.e., kobe fans for example. do they think they're "Better" solely because they root for a player that has 5 championships? same thing with bulls fans and MJ. just looking for input. does anyone see the connection fans make with players to prove that their "fanhood" is better thans others?

StarvingKnick22
06-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Shouldnt everyone think highly of their team? Who says to themselves,"My Team sucks, we arent going to win, We dont deserve to win, etc. :facepalm:

seikou8
06-17-2012, 07:28 PM
no we know we dont get rings or prasie but we root because love sports and our teams we the reason why they get to play and get paided fot it. i yankees fan for life i from the bronx born and raised it doesnt matter whether they have 27 or 7 championships.we are justi playing when we bash other fanbases its all fun.we dont mean it we dont even know each other like that

Raps18-19 Champ
06-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Sometimes. You aren't better than someone else because the team you cherry picked is better than another team.

They also hate on a player too much. To the point where it's their life achievement to see a player fail.

Max.This
06-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Sometimes. You aren't better than someone else because the team you cherry picked is better than another team.

They also hate on a player too much. To the point where it's their life achievement to see a player fail.

Agreed.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:39 PM
IMO yes, with melo I defend him almost with anything lol