PDA

View Full Version : Will the Knicks be title contenders in 2012? or Have they already Peaked?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:24 PM
We have all heard the statment over the past 4 years from knicks fans "the knicks are back" yada yada yada, and i am happy for them, for the first time in over a decade, their franchise is relevant, but the question is, have they peaked? is all they will be a 7th or 8th seed? is 2012-2013 finally their time to make a statment?

we all hear the same crap argument every day "stoudemire and carmelo dont mesh" we know already, get over it, and move on, they have 2 talented stars who can score, but dont play well together, but besides that, they have a good bit of talent:

chandler-DOPY

shumpert-a great young defender, who can develop into a nice 2 way player if he improves his jumper

jeremy lin- a point guard with turnover problems, but great court vision imo, and is capable of being a 14 pt and 5 assist, 3 turnover guy next season

this is a team that will for the large part remain the same next season. iman shumpert isnt likely to make huge improvements in his game due to the recovery time with his ACL, jeremy lin should improve a decent amount, and i would expect the leadershi of Anthony, Chandler, and Stoudemire to improve next season

This team has 0 money to spend and 0 draft picks, we are still awaiting arbitration of the case of lin and novak regarding whether the knicks have to choose between 1 of the 2 and sign them with the MLE, or if the knicks will be able to use their bird rights to resign them, and then be able to acquire another player via freeagency

Like it or not, you(and the heat) are not getting:

Nash

odom

Ray Allen

billups

kidd

or any Quality veteran for the minimum, it wont happen, get that idea out of your heads right now

and Kidd,and odom are certainly not going to be available for less than the full MLE of 5 million

Billups and maybe nash would consider taking the Mini MLE for a shot at a title, but will the knicks have the mini mle to play with? chances are NO

unless the knicks are willing to part with one of their assets, they will not get a draft pick, or acquire a decent player for their bench in the 2012-2013 season

so what it looks like now is that they will come back with largely the same roster, and maybe 1 or 2 veterans for the vet minimum, and you can throw the whole "derek fisher to NY" theory out the window, fisher is in the finals now going for his 6th ring, do you really think hes going to want to sign with the knicks for the minimum to just lose in the playoffs in 2013 when he could sign with a miami or a LA next season if he doesnt return to OKC?

i do believe this team will take a chance and make a trade during this offseason as i believe that gurnwald is a very good gm, but moving along with the facts laid previously in this post

This knicks team led by A superstar calibur(not a superstar, a superstar calibur player) in Carmelo Anthony who has only gotten out of the first round once in his career, the DPOY, 3 injured quality players(stoudemire, shumpert, davis) and A coach in Mike Woodson who never in his career got a team past the 2nd round, but has had 3 consecutive regular season winning seasons

so taking all this into account, will the knicks be title contenders in 2013, for the first time since the 90s? or have they already peaked as a team?

and please dont bash, and atleast try to show some objectivity in this thread, we dont need a flame war between bulls,pacers,knicks and heat fans

justinnum1
06-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Where is the option"they have not peaked yet, but they wont win a title"?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:37 PM

that would probably be considered a troll option

Chronz
06-17-2012, 05:37 PM
I dont agree with your assessment but I do think they should at least crack the 50 win mark for the first time in decades. Thats near contender status and a step in the right direction for this crew.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2012, 05:38 PM
There are a lot of questions before this can be answered. Will they be able to keep Lin? Will they be able to keep Novak? Will Smith stay around? If the answer to those questions is yes, then no, they haven't peaked. But if these players get picked up by other teams, then New York's entire supporting cast is gone, and they will essentially be starting from scratch next season, and in that case, cannot fairly expect to improve on this past season.

Cal827
06-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Yup, Chander is DOPY alright, Hyck-Huck-Huck :D

Um I think they need to make a serious move to actually contend. Unfortunately, they are likely to be stuck with Amar'es contract since they decided to Amnesty an expiring contract (this year) in Billups.

Hopefully Amar'e recovers though. He's one of my favorite players, and should be accredited for making the Knicks relevant when he was there by himself. He didn't fear the fans, and he was in MVP talks last year until they dealt the core of the team away for Melo.

The Lack of Defensive prowess ((E.g. Marion, Artest, Smith) or franchise type player (Lebron, Durant, Dirk) at those two starting forward positions will burn them almost every time.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:40 PM
I dont agree with your assessment but I do think they should at least crack the 50 win mark for the first time in decades. Thats near contender status and a step in the right direction for this crew.

what part dont you agree with please?

i think they net 45 wins

they were the 8th and 7th seed over the past 2 seasons i believe, no reason for me to think they will touch 50 at all

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:40 PM
There are a lot of questions before this can be answered. Will they be able to keep Lin? Will they be able to keep Novak? Will Smith stay around? If the answer to those questions is yes, then no, they haven't peaked. But if these players get picked up by other teams, then New York's entire supporting cast is gone, and they will essentially be starting from scratch next season, and in that case, cannot fairly expect to improve on this past season.

they can keep lin or novak, they just have to choose which 1, and the first year's salary would be limited to 5 million i believe

rocket
06-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Knicks suck.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:41 PM

Um I think they need to make a serious move to actually contend. Unfortunately, they are likely to be stuck with Amar'es contract since they decided to Amnesty an expiring contract (this year) in Billups.

Hopefully Amar'e recovers though. He's one of my favorite players, and should be accredited for making the Knicks relevant when he was there by himself. He didn't fear the fans, and he was in MVP talks last year until they dealt the core of the team away for Melo.

technically, by default, they will be one of the top 4 teams next season, due to boston losing pkayers and old age, d-rose injury, and magic probably blowing up due to howard

the top 2 teams imo for next year are indi and miami, maybe atl if they add a piece

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Knicks suck.

how objective

D12 fan
06-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I don't think they have the right type of players to win a championship.Melo/Amare is a bad mix and they aren't true superstars.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:43 PM

The Lack of Defensive prowess ((E.g. Marion, Artest, Smith) or franchise type player (Lebron, Durant, Dirk) at those two starting forward positions will burn them almost every time.

they have 2 good defenders at pivotal spots: center and the 2guard, thats nothing to overlook, even tho melo,stat ,and lin are below average defenders

Cal827
06-17-2012, 05:49 PM
technically, by default, they will be one of the top 4 teams next season, due to boston losing pkayers and old age, d-rose injury, and magic probably blowing up due to howard

the top 2 teams imo for next year are indi and miami, maybe atl if they add a piece

This is true, but I wouldn't really call them serious contenders though. Using the couple teams you mentioned:

Indy: Better overall team than NY, and will have a ton of cap space this offseason to get even farther away from them (E.g. What if they can Add Gordon and Resign Hibbert... Collison-Gordon-George-Granger-Hibbert is better than anything NY could put up... at least right now.)

Miami; Might be older, but with the franchise players in Wade and Lebron... they can destroy NY at the 2-3 (No Knick fan better bring up that bull, Melo is close to Lebron cause the fact is nobody is lol). Chalmers is a good defender (helped blocked off Lin), Bosh and Amar'e are washes of each other
and Chandler isn't exactly a scorer, and with the big 3 driving the net constantly against the lack of defenders at the forward positions, will likely get into foul trouble, which will offset some of his defensive impact. Also include that the Knicks best Perimeter defender in Shumpert is going to miss the season with the torn ACL.. I would expect Wade, Lebron and Bosh to relentlessly drive at the Knicks rim... I guess Wade's decline could have an impact though

I honestly think that only MIA or IND will win the east next year (assuming no horrible injury). Atlanta is probably going to be looking to blow up too since I believe that Smith asked to be dealt and JJ's contract is a huge burden.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't think they have the right type of players to win a championship.Melo/Amare is a bad mix and they aren't true superstars.

imo, if they had the money, i would say you add a a marcus camby and a jason kidd, and a ray allen they would be alright

but allas, they will have no money

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
This is true, but I wouldn't really call them serious contenders though. Using the couple teams you mentioned:

Indy: Better overall team than NY, and will have a ton of cap space this offseason to get even farther away from them (E.g. What if they can Add Gordon and Resign Hibbert... Collison-Gordon-George-Granger-Hibbert is better than anything NY could put up... at least right now.)

Miami; Might be older, but with the franchise players in Wade and Lebron... they can destroy NY at the 2-3 (No Knick fan better bring up that bull, Melo is close to Lebron cause the fact is nobody is lol). Chalmers is a good defender (helped blocked off Lin), Bosh and Amar'e are washes of each other
and Chandler isn't exactly a scorer, and with the big 3 driving the net constantly against the lack of defenders at the forward positions, will likely get into foul troble. Also include that the Knicks best Perimeter defender is going to miss the season with the torn ACL..

I honestly think that only MIA or IND will win the east next year (assuming no horrible injury). Atlanta is probably going to be looking to blow up too since I believe that Smith asked to be dealt and JJ's contract is a huge burden.

indi wont have enough money to throw an offer at gordon that the hornets wouldnt match after resiging hibbert and hill

but they will be contenders just from the development of hibbert, and barbosa getting more used to their system, and adding a nice backup center like a chris kaman for like 6-7 million a year if they have the money

but the knicks will certianly be in the discussion atleast from the media's perspective due to the lack of other teams in the east to stop them from being in that discussion

D12 fan
06-17-2012, 05:58 PM
imo, if they had the money, i would say you add a a marcus camby and a jason kidd, and a ray allen they would be alright

but allas, they will have no money

They need a lot more than Kidd/Camby/Allen to beat Miami.Like I said I don't think a Melo/Amare led team will ever win a championship,something about them tells me they went to NY just for the fame and not basketball.The Knicks should have waited to sign CP3/Dwill,instead they overpaid a 30yr old Tyson Chandler,now they are stuck with 2 bad contracts.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Hard to answer this question without knowing the union desicon. If they get that they will have the MLE Without using it on lin

Cal827
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
indi wont have enough money to throw an offer at gordon that the hornets wouldnt match after resiging hibbert and hill

but they will be contenders just from the development of hibbert, and barbosa getting more used to their system, and adding a nice backup center like a chris kaman for like 6-7 million a year if they have the money

but the knicks will certianly be in the discussion atleast from the media's perspective due to the lack of other teams in the east to stop them from being in that discussion

Agreed on everything here, my mistake on the first point, I thought that Indiana had a lot more money than they actually do (when I looked at it lol)

PhillyFaninLA
06-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I wonder if the TC is actually a Knicks fan or just a troll (no question about this) that is trying to make Knicks fans look bad.

TC be a man and have the balls to post from your real account. No real man would ever use an alt to speak there mind.

sturge
06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
No we will not win with this team

Shumpert and Tyson are winners

Melo and stat are great individuals but I cant see either winning a title let alone together

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2012, 06:06 PM
They will be 4th or 5th seed

LongIslandIcedZ
06-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Are all the people that voted that the Knicks have peaked essentially saying that they wont do any better than the 7 seed next year? I honestly think they can win a series against any team in the east besides Miami of course.

ivylleague1'
06-17-2012, 06:14 PM
NY Knicks can win it all if they have Allen Iverson, to go along with Melo, Chandler, and Amare. plus Lin, Shumpert, Fields and Novak. They may need to add Ray Allen or Kidd, if JR will not be there. Go Knicks !!!!!

topdog
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
They should be better this year with health and more experience together as well as a defensive-minded coach, but Melo and Amare are not going to get you much farther than the second round (if they have a favorable 1st round matchup).

Shumpert and Chandler are really good defenders, but Amare and Melo are not. Offensively, there isn't much there but iso and if either of the latter two players isn't out there, you are going to have trouble scoring. New York as a state of basketball teams would have been better off sticking with what they had (Brooklyn included). An Amare led team with Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Mozgov and potentially Shumpert and the other Chandler is far far better.

Ill21
06-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Knicks suck.

Thanks for contributing with such deep intellect.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 06:28 PM
They should be better this year with health and more experience together as well as a defensive-minded coach, but Melo and Amare are not going to get you much farther than the second round (if they have a favorable 1st round matchup).

Shumpert and Chandler are really good defenders, but Amare and Melo are not. Offensively, there isn't much there but iso and if either of the latter two players isn't out there, you are going to have trouble scoring. New York as a state of basketball teams would have been better off sticking with what they had (Brooklyn included). An Amare led team with Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Mozgov and potentially Shumpert and the other Chandler is far far better.

No way, I dont know if they have what it takes to get past the 2nd round, But how can you say the team they had would be far far better, That team was a first round knockout and a low playoff seed in the east

ackar
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
These knicks have been together a season and half . no way they have peaked unless the bottoms falls out next season. The last half of this season they played the best ball NYC has played in years.

WadeKobe
06-17-2012, 06:36 PM
My opinion is that they will be the new Hawks. For years under Woodson, the Hawks got better each year, looked very good, but ultimately never had the talent they needed to actually contend for a title, being semi-final boots each year.

I expect the same from this Knicks team. They don't have championship caliber talent, nor do I expect they'll get it with their horrendous cap situation. They will likely keep having top5 level talent in the conference, and consistently float around the 4/5 seeds, getting bumped by Miami, Chicago, and Indy in the Semi's each year.

And I'm not trolling. This is my serious assessment. They signed a good coach, and have some good talent. They're better than a 7-seed, and they're likely a 47-52 win team that can get themselves out of the 1st round, but won't be able to contend with the big boys.

LA_Raiders
06-17-2012, 06:56 PM
No, they have a good team, an "alright" coach. they just need to find out what to do with sorry *** stat. bench him, trade him, release him...

YashBoone
06-17-2012, 06:57 PM

Agreed.... Anything can happen , but just watching the level of talent in the finals, Knicks aren't and won't be anywhere close to that next season unless they make some changes..... But to me it's more mental.... The only person on the team that has the mentality needed to win is chandler... The other guys still have a lot to prove but I'll be watching every game rooting for them like very other year.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I think we match up great with indy, We can beat any team in the east, Will we beat Miami? prob not but we def have the talent to

Hawkeye15
06-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Shumpert being out a good portion, if not all, of the 1st half of the season doesn't help, but the Knicks, if healthy, can probably win 45+ games, maybe even eclipsing 50?? I mean, they are relevant again, and if Amare's knee can hold up, Melo stays healthy, and Lin shows us that wasn't a mirage, they will win some games for sure.

Contender? meh, I don't think so. Good team? Probably so.

StarvingKnick22
06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
when we find a way to get rid of Amare than we will be a championship contender :cool:
http://lmaotwitpics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/LeBrons-Ring-Finger.jpg

AYozzy
06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
We have most of the pieces, but not sure about if we have the system both on offense and defense

We def. need a veteran PG, SG and some PF depth ....alot riding on the Bird Right Ruling, but I think we will be a 3-4 seed next year with this current roster

Ilovetosuckdip
06-17-2012, 07:09 PM
I think we match up great with indy, We can beat any team in the east, Will we beat Miami? prob not but we def have the talent to

with the roster you had last year, you managed to win 1 game

understandably without lin who would likely have had a few 4+ turnover games, shumpert who provides good defense, and a 1 handed stoudemire, but you certainly dont have enough talent to beat miami imo, you need a better bench

you are about 2 solid bench pieces away from having enough talent to take miami to 7 on paper

but you certainly have enough talent to beat indiana

WadeKobe
06-17-2012, 07:11 PM

No, you absolutely don't have the talent to beat Miami or Chicago.

utl768
06-17-2012, 07:11 PM
the knicks are a middle of the pack team that will be anywhere from a 3-6 seed for the next 5 years and be an easy out by the second round each year

they have no shot at competing for titles unless they change there roster up significantly or all the elite east teams gets major injuries

justinnum1
06-17-2012, 07:12 PM
They will be a top 3-4 team in the east and that should guarantee them into the 2nd round next year. Tho as we have seen, anything can happen with injuries.

seikou8
06-17-2012, 07:13 PM
i believe in melo and stat i think both will have bounce back years, chandler will be chandlerand when shump gets back look out. if this team fails iwould serious think about trading melo and amare to start over. this team will be a top 4 team, those 24 games got me covincined.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
No, you absolutely don't have the talent to beat Miami or Chicago.

if we keep the same team how so? We beat you guys once with our whole team hurt, Amare played with one hand, Not saying we would but we def match up well enough to give you a scare

D12 fan
06-17-2012, 07:25 PM

:laugh:

Just because the grass is green,doesn't mean you have to smoke it.:facepalm:

WadeKobe
06-17-2012, 07:26 PM
if we keep the same team how so? We beat you guys once with our whole team hurt, Amare played with one hand, Not saying we would but we def match up well enough to give you a scare

No, again, you don't. You shouldn't have beaten us at all. We're better at every position except C than you all, and there is no position where you "match up well."

I'm honestly not trying to troll, I just get tired of the overrating. You're just becoming a good team. You don't have the talent to beat Miami. You're not even close to that level of talent yet.

TheNumber37
06-17-2012, 07:29 PM
All of this is too early to tell because we don't know what their roster looks like. But with their talent on paper their perennial contenders.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:34 PM
No, again, you don't. You shouldn't have beaten us at all. We're better at every position except C than you all, and there is no position where you "match up well."

I'm honestly not trying to troll, I just get tired of the overrating. You're just becoming a good team. You don't have the talent to beat Miami. You're not even close to that level of talent yet.

As it is right now we match up fine with you, We shouldnt of won a game, well guess what with all the injuries we still got a win. Pg is very close. Melo gives lebron a handful. Bosh and amare even out when amares healthy our center destroys yours, obviously wade beats any sg we put out there, our bench is better. Miami is the better team, but we can beat you. Again will we probally not but calm down with the we shouldnt of even got a win against you

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:34 PM
:laugh:

Just because the grass is green,doesn't mean you have to smoke it.:facepalm:

Lol this guy pick a team then talk

utl768
06-17-2012, 07:35 PM

the knicks have no chance to beat miami or chicago in a 7 game series assuming both squads are 100%

the knicks are in the worst situation possible by being mediocre because theyll never be bad enough to get a high draft pick and theyll always be on the cusp which means theyll throw money at people for false hope

ManRam
06-17-2012, 07:37 PM
They certainly haven't peaked...

Not sure they're title contenders. They have some holes.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:38 PM
the knicks have no chance to beat miami or chicago in a 7 game series assuming both squads are 100%

the knicks are in the worst situation possible by being mediocre because theyll never be bad enough to get a high draft pick and theyll always be on the cusp which means theyll throw money at people for false hope

No chance? based on what? The knicks healthy can compete with any team, Not saying we would beat either team. Mediocre, besides those two teams which is def better then Ny? please mediocre is a team that is a nine seed in the east

D12 fan
06-17-2012, 07:41 PM
If NY was smart they would trade Melo/Lin for Dwill,Wallace,that team would be closer to a championship than the current Knicks team.

Dwill
Shumpert
Wallace
Amare
Chandler

WadeKobe
06-17-2012, 07:45 PM
As it is right now we match up fine with you, We shouldnt of won a game, well guess what with all the injuries we still got a win. Pg is very close. Melo gives lebron a handful. Bosh and amare even out when amares healthy our center destroys yours, obviously wade beats any sg we put out there, our bench is better. Miami is the better team, but we can beat you. Again will we probally not but calm down with the we shouldnt of even got a win against you

No. Our team is vastly superior on both offense and defense to your team, and Melo does not give LeBron a handful. Not even a little bit. Knicks fans are so delusional.

Jarvo
06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
They're going to have finally a whole off season to get chemistry together with Lin/Amre/Melo & Chandler with Woodson as coach. To me you have to see what Boston do and how Rose is. They should be a top 3 or 4 seed but no title.

utl768
06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
No chance? based on what? The knicks healthy can compete with any team, Not saying we would beat either team. Mediocre, besides those two teams which is def better then Ny? please mediocre is a team that is a nine seed in the east

maybe you steal a game vs both but is that really an accomplishment

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:48 PM
No. Our team is vastly superior on both offense and defense to your team, and Melo does not give LeBron a handful. Not even a little bit. Knicks fans are so delusional.

Lol your not trolling huh? How am i delusinoal by saying he gives Lebron a handful. So now Lebron handles melo with ease huh?

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:49 PM
maybe you steal a game vs both but is that really an accomplishment

No we would steal more then a game against the bulls def. With miami we stole one without health. I think we would give both trouble. Again i didnt say we would win, Just my opinion

D12 fan
06-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Lol your not trolling huh? How am i delusinoal by saying he gives Lebron a handful. So now Lebron handles melo with ease huh?

No disrespect but your grammar sucks.:facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 07:56 PM
No disrespect but your grammar sucks.:facepalm:

Is that what you do here? we all know you dont really know much about sports so why not look at the grammar.

nycericanguy
06-17-2012, 08:00 PM
I think they win 50+ games next year. So they haven't peaked at the #7 seed, but they aren't title contenders as currently constituted.They were 18-6 with a +9ppg differential against a very tough SOS schedule to finish the year under Woodson. They have also turned the corner and are now a top 5 defensive team, and actually #1 under Woodson... even though some people still say they don't play defense.

They should be able to keep Lin & Novak. JR can go, he hurt them more than helped, I see why DEN fans hated him now.

If they win the bird rights case they can keep Lin & Novak AND have their MLE and Bi-annual to spend. That would really change things as they could add a Ray Allen, Nash, or Felton AND another decent piece.

If they lose, then they will probably be stuck at around 50 wins and a 2nd round exit with little options to really improve.

Thats why the bird rights case is such a big deal for Knick fans.

HouRealCoach
06-17-2012, 09:12 PM
You guys saw how Woodson made them look when he had Melo, Amare, Lin, Chandler & Lin... With an entire training camp they will be a top 3 seed

As for saying Melo isn't a championship player.. Dirk took time to find success also. Melo was very dedicated to defense under Woodson. Melo & Amare played very good together under Woodson also

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 09:14 PM
You guys saw how Woodson made them look when he had Melo, Amare, Lin, Chandler & Lin... With an entire training camp they will be a top 3 seed

As for saying Melo isn't a championship player.. Dirk took time to find success also. Melo was very dedicated to defense under Woodson. Melo & Amare played very good together under Woodson also

shh your not allowed to talk that way on here :p

KapnKnicks87
06-18-2012, 01:20 AM
They haven't peaked yet, how can a team peak when they were missing two of their starting players, their pf with one hand, and the dpoy with a flu.

Are the Knicks title contenders? I can't say yes or no but if healthy next year, they can definitely make some noise.

You guys saw how Woodson made them look when he had Melo, Amare, Lin, Chandler & Shump... With an entire training camp they will be a top 3 seed

+1 fixed for ya :D

i remember that stretch(when everyone was healthy), they were blowing out teams with ease. If Everyone is healthy and a training camp under their belt, i would like to see what they develop into.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 01:28 AM
They have peaked and probably won't make the playoffs next year. If they do it will be a first round exit again.

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 01:32 AM
eh they will be better next year, and IMO next year they will peak. Even so, I'm not sure they make it out of round 1 again next year.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 01:35 AM
eh they will be better next year, and IMO next year they will peak. Even so, I'm not sure they make it out of round 1 again next year.

I really don't think they will be better. No Iman for some of the season. Plus an overrated PG in Lin. Amare will still be defensively weak and Melo will just keep chucking. I don't think anyone in the NBA is afraid to play them.

shep33
06-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Everything depends on Amare IMO. Which Amare shows up will be the $60 million question.

NSJ
06-18-2012, 01:53 AM

How are you so sure the Cs are losing key players? Cool speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cs finish ahead of the knicks next season. Jeremy Lin is a total joke and unless Melo can take control of that squad I don't see them doing much.

NSJ
06-18-2012, 01:54 AM
They have peaked and probably won't make the playoffs next year. If they do it will be a first round exit again.

you really don't think they'll make the playoffs? lol that's a weak assessment.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 01:59 AM
you really don't think they'll make the playoffs? lol that's a weak assessment.

I honestly dont think they will make the playoffs. I don't like the type of ball they play. I think it is selfish and will only get you so far.

I think the East at this point of time will end up like this next year. This is based off my percieved offseason moves:

1. Heat
2. Indiana
3. Chicago
4. Atlanta
5. Boston
6. Orlando
7. Philly
8. Cleveland

Knicks21
06-18-2012, 01:59 AM
How are you so sure the Cs are losing key players? Cool speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cs finish ahead of the knicks next season. Jeremy Lin is a total joke and unless Melo can take control of that squad I don't see them doing much.

Melo did take control of the squad.... He went beast mode and everyone fell asleep, that was the problem.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Melo did take control of the squad.... He went beast mode and everyone fell asleep, that was the problem.

And to say Lin is a total joke adds to the point more that you do not know what you are talking about in regards to the team.

For the record. Lin is a complete joke. If he wasn't Asian, he wouldn't have even been mentioned on ESPN.

Knicks21
06-18-2012, 02:07 AM
For the record. Lin is a complete joke. If he wasn't Asian, he wouldn't have even been mentioned on ESPN.

Im not looking at this from a publicity standpoint, but that he can actually play the game. Yeah he may be overrated but he is not a joke.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Im not looking at this from a publicity standpoint, but that he can actually play the game. Yeah he may be overrated but he is not a joke.

I understand that our opinions differ. I am saying I don't get the hype and I have no clue why NY fans are happy about him returning. I would trade him to another big market team and let them deal with his turnovers.

javaid64
06-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Honestly most of you are ****-in idiots. Knicks not making playoffs they peaked, all a bunch of BS haters who are unhappy that there teams are a bunch of garbage. we lost in the playoffs to probably the eventual champs without a healthy PG , SG, or PF. Boston and indiana couldn't beat miami with all of their important playoffs heatlhy,

chicago-health, no strong 2nd option
indiana-no star, couldn't even beat miami without bosh
boston-too old, and probably will not be able to keep thier own team
magic- dwight doesnt even want to play for ur team
nets - don't need to explain them
atl - peaked, aren't getting anybetter
phi - no star

and though NY has problems we have better potential to beat miami than all the other team, if we arent title contenders next year, than no one else in the east aside from miami are title contenders

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Honestly most of you are ****-in idiots. Knicks not making playoffs they peaked, all a bunch of BS haters who are unhappy that there teams are a bunch of garbage. we lost in the playoffs to probably the eventual champs without a healthy PG , SG, or PF. Boston and indiana couldn't beat miami with all of their important playoffs heatlhy,

phi - no star

and though NY has problems we have better potential to beat miami than all the other team, if we arent title contenders next year, than no one else in the east aside from miami are title contenders

Miami didn't even take the Knicks serious in the playoffs. They knew you were a joke and just coasted by you. Could you imagine what LeBron would have done to you if he brought any form of his A-game to that series. He would have went off for 50 every game. The NBA would have cancelled the series after game 2 to prevent embarrassment on behalf of NY.

IIISSKiLL
06-18-2012, 02:16 AM

9th seed in the east is mediocre ? lol thats a sorry *** team ! the knicks have a great team on paper but they aren't championship contenders.. and imagine the upgrades miami and chicago will be doing next year while new york is stuck with the same team.. i feel bad for new york and their fans but amar'e and melo shouldnt have taken so much money if they wanted that big 3 in new york

javaid64
06-18-2012, 02:20 AM
I understand that our opinions differ. I am saying I don't get the hype and I have no clue why NY fans are happy about him returning. I would trade him to another big market team and let them deal with his turnovers.

yea trade probably the a top 5 marketable players who only played in 35 games last year, the biggest nba story of the year, whos only 23 year old to another team cause if isn't anyway feasible that he will improve any facet of his game or learn to control his turnover problems. yea forget that he has a harvard education he must be an idiot so it's he probably will keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:24 AM
yea trade probably the a top 5 marketable players who only played in 35 games last year, the biggest nba story of the year, whos only 23 year old to another team cause if isn't anyway feasible that he will improve any facet of his game or learn to control his turnover problems. yea forget that he has a harvard education he must be an idiot so it's he probably will keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

There are many athletes with Harvard educations. Do you really think that means anything in athletics? Unless of course you think he has time to do calculations on trajectory, velocity and distance to make shots at a higher rate of success.

And he is marketable. that is why he could easily be traded. You could get real proven talent from a team looking to sell tickets instead of contend.

javaid64
06-18-2012, 02:29 AM
9th seed in the east is mediocre ? lol thats a sorry *** team ! the knicks have a great team on paper but they aren't championship contenders.. and imagine the upgrades miami and chicago will be doing next year while new york is stuck with the same team.. i feel bad for new york and their fans but amar'e and melo shouldnt have taken so much money if they wanted that big 3 in new york

exactly what improvements will chicago have to compensate for the rose injury? u think they'll hit the lottery again? not sure if thats possible...and what improvements do u see miami having that will make them different from the team they already have set up...and how will the knicks not improve over last year, what their players get suddenly worse and more unhealthy,

u must be a genius if u can see in the future...somebody give this guy a medal...

torocan
06-18-2012, 02:31 AM
Knicks fan but going to try to be objective.

No, the team has NOT peaked. Full training camp, new coach, and a developing PG (assuming he gets re-signed) means there is significant potential upside.

The Knicks CAN be at top 4 seed, however I don't see them as being a serious threat to Miami next year, or Chicago the year after. With the current roster, the most I see them developing into is a dark horse candidate for the East. They could sneak to a win in the East, but I doubt I would put them anywhere near the status of even money or favorites in a late round match up.

I tend to agree with Phil Jackson in that the Melo/Amare/Chandler trio doesn't fundamentally fit together well. Too many conflicts in terms of spacing, styles of play, coverage, etc.

And the Knicks aren't serious contenders for a Title at all. OKC is just going to get better. Wade/Lebron/Bosh have at least 2-3 more years of solid basketball in them. I don't expect the Spurs to suddenly get awful overnight either. And Rose will be back late next season so Chicago could potentially they could be a serious threat in the playoffs.

Of course this is all premature. We'll have to see what happens during free agency and the lottery.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:32 AM
exactly what improvements will chicago have to compensate for the rose injury? u think they'll hit the lottery again? not sure if thats possible...and what improvements do u see miami having that will make them different from the team they already have set up...and how will the knicks not improve over last year, what their players get suddenly worse and more unhealthy,

u must be a genius if u can see in the future...somebody give this guy a medal...

Miami will amnesty Mike Miller for 1. That opens up cap room to get a legit post player. That would be a vast improvement.

Also the Knicks will be playing with Melo, Amare, and Lin in the lineup together. That seemed to fail for them at the tail end of the season.

Knicks21
06-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Miami will amnesty Mike Miller for 1. That opens up cap room to get a legit post player. That would be a vast improvement.

Also the Knicks will be playing with Melo, Amare, and Lin in the lineup together. That seemed to fail for them at the tail end of the season.

They would be still over the cap without Mike Miller wouldnt they?

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:36 AM
They would be still over the cap without Mike Miller wouldnt they?

Yes, but since that money is already alocated to miller I dont think Pat will have a problem continuing to go over into the luxury tax to fix that problem.

torocan
06-18-2012, 02:36 AM
There are many athletes with Harvard educations. Do you really think that means anything in athletics? Unless of course you think he has time to do calculations on trajectory, velocity and distance to make shots at a higher rate of success.

And he is marketable. that is why he could easily be traded. You could get real proven talent from a team looking to sell tickets instead of contend.

There are NO other Harvard NBA players. There hasn't been one in over 50 years.

And being a Harvard Grad is a tremendous marketing asset. Parents LOVE athletes with Ivy League educations, especially in academically obsessed cultures like in Asia.

And selling tickets IS a basketball decision. If you want to go into the Luxury Tax, it's WAY harder if you don't sell enough tickets to pay the bills.

Teams like the Lakers had astronomical payrolls for YEARS because they could afford to pay the Luxury Taxes. Cut the Lakers' revenue by 25% and see how willing a team's ownership will be to offer that extra fat contract for another star player during Free Agency.

NYKnicks4511
06-18-2012, 02:37 AM
This season will determine this question. Assuming everyone stays healthy, we will finally have a full training camp together, and the head coach is locked up as well. I think Amar'e and Melo can still be a formidable duo. Not to mention a full season with a real PG in Lin.

javaid64
06-18-2012, 02:37 AM

yea well how many harvard student are athletically skilled enough to be in the nba....one....unless u can name another...u seem like u kno more than me....

and no lin probably can't do those calculations, but what his education does tell is he is very smart and able to kno what he needs to improve in his game..

hey if an super idiot like rose who can't even do well on his SAT kno how to imrpove his game and fix his bad tendencies im sure Lin can as well

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:44 AM
yea well how many harvard student are athletically skilled enough to be in the nba....one....unless u can name another...u seem like u kno more than me....

and no lin probably can't do those calculations, but what his education does tell is he is very smart and able to kno what he needs to improve in his game..

hey if an super idiot like rose who can't even do well on his SAT kno how to imrpove his game and fix his bad tendencies im sure Lin can as well

Not a Rose fan so I would have no clue. IQ doesn't equate to basketball IQ.

I believe Lin is one of three players that played in the ABA/NBA who went to Harvard. But that doesn't mean anything. Just because you go to Harvard and get into the NBA doesn't mean anything. It just means you went to Harvard and are in the NBA.

javaid64
06-18-2012, 02:46 AM

yea Lin Amare and Melo played together the tail-end of the season, u sure about that? as far as i remember when they actaully played together they were 6-1....hey maybe ur right or maybe ur just talking out of ur *** but whatver

and what cap room will that open up in maimi, enlighten me, aren't they already over the cap before even factoring in a player like mike miller, what being less over the cap will suddenly give u more money to spend...i dont think so

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:50 AM
yea Lin Amare and Melo played together the tail-end of the season, u sure about that? as far as i remember when they actaully played together they were 6-1....hey maybe ur right or maybe ur just talking out of ur *** but whatver

and what cap room will that open up in maimi, enlighten me, aren't they already over the cap before even factoring in a player like mike miller, what being less over the cap will suddenly give u more money to spend...i dont think so

They will have money that they would have paid miller, which would have been LT money. Instead they can still take that hit and pick up a post player.

KniCks4LiFe
06-18-2012, 02:51 AM
honestly, after watching the playoffs. No they haven't peaked and no this collection will never be a title contender. The Melo ball experiment has been a failure since it's arrived here. We're not even close to the Bulls and Pacers who have a younger core and more playoff seasoned roster. There's too much interference by Dolan or whoever and Melo is just never going to change. I'm a Knicks fan and it's a sad state my only joy this past season wasn't even the playoffs, my joy was a 2 week stretch when "Linsanity" was introduced. Realistically if they want a chance to be a title contender, it begins w/ moving forward from the overstated/rated Carmelo Anthony.

javaid64
06-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Not a Rose fan so I would have no clue. IQ doesn't equate to basketball IQ.

I believe Lin is one of three players that played in the ABA/NBA who went to Harvard. But that doesn't mean anything. Just because you go to Harvard and get into the NBA doesn't mean anything. It just means you went to Harvard and are in the NBA.

Well is it a given that IQ doesnt factor into basketball IQ. intelligence is intelligence regardless of where it is applied...if an idiot can learn to play basketball comptently and intellegent person should be able to do the same.

and i dont think any harvard grad was as skilled as jeremy lin coming in.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 02:55 AM
Well is it a given that IQ doesnt factor into basketball IQ. intelligence is intelligence regardless of where it is applied...if an idiot can learn to play basketball comptently and intellegent person should be able to do the same.

and i dont think any harvard grad was as skilled as jeremy lin coming in.

No because they played like 50 years ago. Basketball was completely different then.

And his intelligence doesn't mean anything. It is like when people talk about Tebow's desire to get better. Sometimes desire and intelligence get outweighed by lack of talent.

KniCks4LiFe
06-18-2012, 02:57 AM
on top of that a franchise that still listens to Isiah and keeps his core formula together, sends Donnie Walsh packing, picks a wrong coach and then on top of that w/ an upgraded yet overrated coach, they choose him over Phil Jackson aka The Zen master. There's no words to describe that stupidity.

javaid64
06-18-2012, 02:59 AM
They will have money that they would have paid miller, which would have been LT money. Instead they can still take that hit and pick up a post player.

i don't think it work's the way your implying it is.....The amnesty provision allows a team to waive a player and not have his salary count against the salary cap or luxury tax....but besides that is their any added benefits, i dont think so, and the situation with mike miller, amnesty or not they are still going to be over the cap, so the most they will have regardless will be the mid-level exception...

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:01 AM
i don't think it work's the way your implying it is.....The amnesty provision allows a team to waive a player and not have his salary count against the salary cap or luxury tax....but besides that is their any added benefits, i dont think so, and the situation with mike miller, amnesty or not they are still going to be over the cap, so the most they will have regardless will be the mid-level exception...

Yes I understand how it works. Miller will be amnestied. They will still be above the cap, but by 6 million less because of cutting ties with miller. Since management was will to pay that 6 million luxury tax for Miller, I believe they will use it to bring in a big man.

mkdo
06-18-2012, 03:02 AM
honestly most of you are ****-in idiots. Knicks not making playoffs they peaked, all a bunch of bs haters who are unhappy that there teams are a bunch of garbage. We lost in the playoffs to probably the eventual champs without a healthy pg , sg, or pf. Boston and indiana couldn't beat miami with all of their important playoffs heatlhy,

phi - no star

and though ny has problems we have better potential to beat miami than all the other team, if we arent title contenders next year, than no one else in the east aside from miami are title contenders

this!!!

mkdo
06-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Yes, but since that money is already alocated to miller I dont think Pat will have a problem continuing to go over into the luxury tax to fix that problem.

LOL. they will still have only the minimum to spend even if they amnesty miller. :clap:

javaid64
06-18-2012, 03:09 AM
No because they played like 50 years ago. Basketball was completely different then.

And his intelligence doesn't mean anything. It is like when people talk about Tebow's desire to get better. Sometimes desire and intelligence get outweighed by lack of talent.

desire is something very arbitrary.its a person choice to say they desire to get better... but intelligence is fixed and can't be changed at all....

b@llhog24
06-18-2012, 03:10 AM
They won't be contenders per say more like dark-horses but they should be better next year.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:12 AM
LOL. they will still have only the minimum to spend even if they amnesty miller. :clap:

They can go into a luxury tax penalty. They can pick up a player but if it is over the soft cap they have to pay $1 for every $1 they are over as a tax. In turn paying 2X the amount for a players contract.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:12 AM
desire is something very arbitrary.its a person choice to say they desire to get better... but intelligence is fixed and can't be changed at all....

Intelligence doesn't equate to success either.

javaid64
06-18-2012, 03:18 AM

but intelligence if a greater factor for a success than something like desire, but regardless saying that jeremy lin will not get better than he already is or fix his problems to a more manageable level is just complete utter ignorance....anyone can do it, and pretty sure someone with jeremy lin desire, talent, and intuition will be able to do it.

ChitownBears22
06-18-2012, 03:20 AM
but intelligence if a greater factor for a success than something like desire, but regardless saying that jeremy lin will not get better than he already is or fix his problems to a more manageable level is just complete utter ignorance....anyone can do it, and pretty sure someone with jeremy lin desire, talent, and intuition will be able to do it.

Derrick Rose would say otherwise. He is as dumb as the come but his desire to get better put him on the quick path to becoming the youngest player to win MVP.

sharqstealth
06-18-2012, 03:23 AM

They were 6-1 the last time all 3 of them were together at the tail end of the season when Mike Woodson took over. Wow! That really seemed a failure! Good one for the troll!:clap:

javaid64
06-18-2012, 03:27 AM
Derrick Rose would say otherwise. He is as dumb as the come but his desire to get better put him on the quick path to becoming the youngest player to win MVP.

there are always exceptions, he is one of them, and it has more to do with his unbelievable talent and athleticism...my point is that ur more likely to find a smart person become better at something than someone who is not.

mkdo
06-18-2012, 03:33 AM
Yes I understand how it works. Miller will be amnestied. They will still be above the cap, but by 6 million less because of cutting ties with miller. Since management was will to pay that 6 million luxury tax for Miller, I believe they will use it to bring in a big man.

don't they already have curry and the third best howard in the league?LOL.

sharqstealth
06-18-2012, 03:50 AM

Larry Bird and John Stockton are not athletic guys but they are intelligent. They used their smarts to thrive in this game. Are you not intelligent enough to have thought of this???

SEATTLEredsox
06-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Add Content

Dade County
06-18-2012, 08:05 AM
I do believe that Ny will be contenders next season.

EnWhyKay
06-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Everything depends on Amare IMO. Which Amare shows up will be the $60 million question.

This....

Da Knicks
06-18-2012, 09:41 AM
keep it coming this team was hurt in the playoffs, and will make a run a chip next year...

knicks4life33
06-18-2012, 09:45 AM
whats helping us next year is injuries and player movement on other teams as much as i would like it to competitive. The celtics from the way it looks are breaking up . The 76ers might lose lou williams as he opted out and they have discussed to tras A.I.. So I can actually see us this coming year if things pan out with all that movement win the atlantic division title unless brooklyn gets dwight and deron stays then thats obviously not going to happin. Then you have chicago with d-rose who is coming back from a major injury and who knows when he will return and when he does I can expect him to be babyed in limited minutes at first. Still early talk but will see after the free agency period and player movement

StinkEye
06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
You can only get a group of losers so far in the playoffs.

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 10:13 AM
You can only get a group of losers so far in the playoffs.

lol

TylerSL
06-18-2012, 11:22 AM
I really don't think they will be better. No Iman for some of the season. Plus an overrated PG in Lin. Amare will still be defensively weak and Melo will just keep chucking. I don't think anyone in the NBA is afraid to play them.

yea thats why I said they wont make it out of Round 1 again, but they could have a better supporting cast next year IMO. But you are correct, their wore wont be any better.

D12 fan
06-18-2012, 11:27 AM
lmao Skip Bayless just said on First Take that Tyson Chandler has a post game.SMH

Kashmir13579
06-18-2012, 11:29 AM

So you're either racist or you're a horrible evaluator of talent. Pick one.

sep11ie
06-18-2012, 11:29 AM
You know there is this whole "offseason" thing. Let's see what happens there before we call a team a contender or not...

mjm07
06-18-2012, 11:52 AM
heat fans opnions dont count just like lebrons ring if he wins one steroids/cowardness

Now steriods? You're getting better at hating/trolling. ;)

Knicks are a difficult team to figure out IMO. They certaintely haven't peaked but they have disappointed more with the amount of talent on that team, however, they have been hit hard with injuries.

I believe they are title contenders next year due to the East being so weak. But they are dangerous. They can definitely be a top 3-4 seed but I just don't quite see them beating a healthy Bulls team in 7 (although it would take 7 games )let alone this HEAT squad.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Assuming they hang onto Lin, this team's peak is really a 3 seed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them around the 6 or 7 seed again.

LRizzle
06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
The Knicks haven't peaked. Even if Lin isn't as amazing as some hope he will be from the glimpses they saw, and Shumpert is lost for some of the season and Novak isn't the hottest 3pt shooter in the league, I still feel like they have enough to be better. Knicks have potential, and as a basketball fan I'd love to see the Knicks more relevant.

If Lin is just solid, Shump comes back late in the season, more time for Melo and Amare to mesh and hopefully form an identity, and Chandler manning the middle, that's a very good starting lineup. I think they'll be a higher seed, somewhere around 5-6, could very easily win a round, but I don't see them getting to the ECF, but I'll need to see the offseason play out to give a better opinion.

zB_#85
06-18-2012, 12:15 PM

Unless they can pull a rabbit out of a hat and somehow convince someone to take that huge mistake they made named Amare Stoudemire for a decent return, I'd go with this option.

StinkEye
06-18-2012, 12:35 PM
heat fans opnions dont count just like lebrons ring if he wins one steroids/cowardness

Melo is no coward because he loves to jack up shots.

Melo is no 'roid user because he'd rather eat a tub of ice cream.

... yep LeBron is a loser and Melo Iz Da Gr8est! :clap:

Da Knicks
06-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Lets see Melo was brought in last Feb and had no Billups or Stat in the playoffs so that was one year down the drain. This season no training camp and Stat nursing his back, Chandler added to the squad, Shumpert drafted, Lin comes in out of no where, Smith added from China mid season in a short season. Novak new to the club, Baron Davis nursing bad back and not getting to play until mid season. D'antoni quits - might of being the best thing this season brought... During a stretch where Lin, Melo, Shump, Stat, Chandler all play together the knicks go on a 6-1 tear and dismantle the pacers on a back to back a team people are claiming to be better than the knicks...lol...

So the playoffs start. No Lin, Chandler has the flu, Shumpert knee out for the series, Jeffries knee can only play 5 min most games, Davis knee out for the series maybe career gets called for a travel on the play smh. Top it all off with Amare slicing his hand and not being available, knicks should not of won a single game but Melo shows why he is a franchise player and still delivers one.

Injuries hit the knicks at the worst time but they can only get better, the defense was top 5. Woodson is the right coach imo, they need to be evaluated after a full training camp together. Miami playing so many games these last two seasons will take a toll on James and Wade who have no outside game and have to attack the basket so much. Celtics are old, Bulls without Rose will not be the same, Pacers are not for reals and Knicks own them, Hawks need to blow that team up and probably will, Orlando is a ticking bomb. Cavs are a young team that can be dangerous but are two years away from really making noise. Nets well are the nets, Philly needs to try and keep Lou Williams and get something for Iggy...

We shall see, health will be the biggest concern with the knicks and like every team a little luck and fairness from the refs and the knicks will be in the mix...

Stinkyoutsider
06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I think NY will not be a title contender but will be a dangerous team that no one wants to play in the playoffs.

Amare has got to get healthy and both Melo and Amare need to spend the summer in the gym, figuring out how to be mobile without the ball. Those 2 should be running the pick and roll together constantly. Amare can hit chip shots or roll to the basket and finish. Melo can come off the screen and pop jumpers and also drive to the basket. Both of those guys are great athletes and have no excuse for not being able to mesh together.

The amount of shooters the Knicks have are great but they need another player who can consistently create their own shot, whether it's getting to the basket or posting up. JR Smith can possibly do this but I think mentally he's not there consistently (not tough minded).

The Knicks as a team have all the tools to be a dangerous team and maybe even be a title contender. The defense is anchored by Chandler and they have good weapons on both sides of the floor along with a decent coach...

ManningToTyree
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
They haven't peaked, but won't contend for the title either. I say a second round exit.

D-Leethal
06-18-2012, 01:07 PM

LOL. Setting the all time NBA record for most points scored in first 7 starts wouldn't have even been mentioned? An undrafted 2nd yr player who was on the verge of being cut thrice in one year finally getting his chance and doing something Wilt, Shaq, MJ, Iverson all didn't do while leading his team to a 7 game win streak to save the season while essentially playing with the Knicks B team, single handedly save our playoff hopes, all while the 2 'superstars' on the team are injured wouldn't even get mentioned?

Only because he's Asian?

STFU and GTFO

king4day
06-18-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't think they'll be elite but we'll know for sure this year with a full camp and most of the players returning.

Blitzace137
06-18-2012, 01:11 PM
So you're either racist or you're a horrible evaluator of talent. Pick one.

lol Chitownbears is a troll in the other thread he said Lin is a complete fail of talent, along with being one of the worst starters in the league and in the same thread he said Lin is a top 15 pg in the league :laugh2:

Kashmir13579
06-18-2012, 01:29 PM
LOL. Setting the all time NBA record for most points scored in first 7 starts wouldn't have even been mentioned? An undrafted 2nd yr player who was on the verge of being cut thrice in one year finally getting his chance and doing something Wilt, Shaq, MJ, Iverson all didn't do while leading his team to a 7 game win streak to save the season while essentially playing with the Knicks B team, single handedly save our playoff hopes, all while the 2 'superstars' on the team are injured wouldn't even get mentioned?

Only because he's Asian?

STFU and GTFO

Let 'em have it L, (huh?) Give it to 'em L, (what?)

Ilovetosuckdip
06-21-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't think they'll be elite but we'll know for sure this year with a full camp and most of the players returning.

the excuses for this team never seem to stop, it went from "we just got melo mid season, him and stoudemire havent had time to jell" to "we didnt have a full training camp"(oh of course, because everyone else in the league had a full camp, and the knicks were the only one who didnt) to "we just fired dantoni, we have a new system" now we're back to "we need a full training camp"

i can already predict the next excuse "shumpert wasnt at training camp because of rehabbing his injury, stoudemire's wrist was still hurting him, the team never had time to jell because of the injuries, but we will in 2014"

i mean, enough of the excuses already, everyone in the league has to deal with the same issues, you dont hear them complaining, everyone has a chance to compete, stop making up reasons for why this team hasnt done something

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
They need to figure out how to get out of the 1st round before they start looking at a title.

Punk
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
No waste my time with this thread but:

1. Not Contenders yet unless we win the Bird Rights Case and can sign Nash, Lin, Novak.

2. We have not peaked. In order to peak, you need a few seasons and last season was the first with massive amounts of injuries.

We are a question mark. With the Rest of the East besides Miami but we proved we can beat every other team in the East not named Miami. That says something, IMO.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
No waste my time with this thread but:

1. Not Contenders yet unless we win the Bird Rights Case and can sign Nash, Lin, Novak.

2. We have not peaked. In order to peak, you need a few seasons and last season was the first with massive amounts of injuries.

We are a question mark. With the Rest of the East besides Miami but we proved we can beat every other team in the East not named Miami. That says something, IMO.

Knicks are not winning that bid rights case, all the analysts i read say its not happening.

TJ (New York)

Not concerning tonight, but if you can answer a question about the Knicks... Are they serious about Nash and what are some steps that you think must be done for the under-achieving Knicks
John Hollinger (12:09 PM)

Nash isn't happening. They would need to win a court case that they aren't going to win, and even after that several unlikely things would have to go in New York's favor, starting with nobody offering Nash more than the MLE. Move along, nothing to see here.

Punk
06-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Knicks are not winning that bid rights case, all the analysts i read say its not happening.

That's okay. We'll be fine either way. Plenty of other options to explore.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 06:08 PM
That's okay. We'll be fine either way. Plenty of other options to explore.

I will be interested to see how knicks do with a full training camp

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 06:14 PM
lmao i didn't even wanna respond to this bait thread but if and a big if amare regains his form we are definetly serious contenders after watching what the celtics did to the heat im really not scared of them and the east is becoming very weak lets face it the east is wide open espeacially if d12 and dwill both go west

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 06:16 PM
lmao sounds like somebodies scared if we get nash and lin we are now on the heats level maybe even better

NYSPORTSALLDAY
06-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Lets see Melo was brought in last Feb and had no Billups or Stat in the playoffs so that was one year down the drain. This season no training camp and Stat nursing his back, Chandler added to the squad, Shumpert drafted, Lin comes in out of no where, Smith added from China mid season in a short season. Novak new to the club, Baron Davis nursing bad back and not getting to play until mid season. D'antoni quits - might of being the best thing this season brought... During a stretch where Lin, Melo, Shump, Stat, Chandler all play together the knicks go on a 6-1 tear and dismantle the pacers on a back to back a team people are claiming to be better than the knicks...lol...

So the playoffs start. No Lin, Chandler has the flu, Shumpert knee out for the series, Jeffries knee can only play 5 min most games, Davis knee out for the series maybe career gets called for a travel on the play smh. Top it all off with Amare slicing his hand and not being available, knicks should not of won a single game but Melo shows why he is a franchise player and still delivers one.

Injuries hit the knicks at the worst time but they can only get better, the defense was top 5. Woodson is the right coach imo, they need to be evaluated after a full training camp together. Miami playing so many games these last two seasons will take a toll on James and Wade who have no outside game and have to attack the basket so much. Celtics are old, Bulls without Rose will not be the same, Pacers are not for reals and Knicks own them, Hawks need to blow that team up and probably will, Orlando is a ticking bomb. Cavs are a young team that can be dangerous but are two years away from really making noise. Nets well are the nets, Philly needs to try and keep Lou Williams and get something for Iggy...

We shall see, health will be the biggest concern with the knicks and like every team a little luck and fairness from the refs and the knicks will be in the mix...
Well said. Let's see what happens

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 06:25 PM
lmao sounds like somebodies scared if we get nash and lin we are now on the heats level maybe even better

Terrified.

FlashMacker
06-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Don't you mean in 2013? Anyway I hope so. I've liked the Knicks for years and I've always wanted them to be good. Now they are but hopefully they can become a strong title contender.

drobe86
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Knicks have peaked. Linsanity was fun while it lasted. Melo hasn't done anything since he's been there and Stoudemire has been horrible since coming over from the suns. Chandler is solid but that team just doesn't work well together. blow it up AGAIN.

JC_
06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
lmao i didn't even wanna respond to this bait thread but if and a big if amare regains his form we are definetly serious contenders after watching what the celtics did to the heat im really not scared of them and the east is becoming very weak lets face it the east is wide open espeacially if d12 and dwill both go west

This is one of the reasons the Knicks have been underperforming. Overconfident people with no game plan. "after watching what the celtics did to the heat im really not scared of them".. the Knicks aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Celtics in terms of mental toughness in games that matter.

The whole linsanity thing actually got me excited about the Knicks because they were winning due to the complete team effort and they were playing their ***** off. If Melo changes his style to fit the teams needs I think they can be good but I don't see that happening. Take a page out of OKC's book. Durant doesn't need the ball all the time like Melo does but he's extremely effective.

TheIlladelph16
06-21-2012, 06:42 PM
There are NO other Harvard NBA players. There hasn't been one in over 50 years.

And being a Harvard Grad is a tremendous marketing asset. Parents LOVE athletes with Ivy League educations, especially in academically obsessed cultures like in Asia.

And selling tickets IS a basketball decision. If you want to go into the Luxury Tax, it's WAY harder if you don't sell enough tickets to pay the bills.

Teams like the Lakers had astronomical payrolls for YEARS because they could afford to pay the Luxury Taxes. Cut the Lakers' revenue by 25% and see how willing a team's ownership will be to offer that extra fat contract for another star player during Free Agency.

I agree with you that Lin is definitely a marketable player. My problem with this assessment is that you seem to imply the Knicks would have a problem selling out every game when they have a borderline superstar in Melo and big names in Stat and Chandler. If the Knicks can't sell out every game in NYC in the "Mecca of Basketball" without Jeremy Lin, then that is a whole different problem haha

I think Lin's value lies in the fact that he is VERY marketable and very young. NY doesn't really need a player just to sell tickets though so I think he can bring in more value via trade than he gives you currently. Although I think his contract is relatively small so making contracts work in a trade might be difficult.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Knicks have peaked. Linsanity was fun while it lasted. Melo hasn't done anything since he's been there and Stoudemire has been horrible since coming over from the suns. Chandler is solid but that team just doesn't work well together. blow it up AGAIN.

Yep, i dont see the knicks getting past the 2nd round unless they trade melo

fadedmario
06-21-2012, 06:44 PM
They are a fringe playoff team. 7th seed next year.

lakerboy
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
They'll be a playoff team, but not title contenders.

AntiG
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
^ agreed.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
This is one of the reasons the Knicks have been underperforming. Overconfident people with no game plan. "after watching what the celtics did to the heat im really not scared of them".. the Knicks aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Celtics in terms of mental toughness in games that matter.

The whole linsanity thing actually got me excited about the Knicks because they were winning due to the complete team effort and they were playing their ***** off. If Melo changes his style to fit the teams needs I think they can be good but I don't see that happening. Take a page out of OKC's book. Durant doesn't need the ball all the time like Melo does but he's extremely effective.
lmao boston isn't that good talent wise they just play as a team talent wise the knicks shyt on the majority of the east overconfident? reread my post all i said was if amare regains his form we could be a very dangerous team espeacially with a full training camp an finally a real fkn coach that same boston team almost lost to a wack *** sixers team who the knicks would of probaly swept in the playoffs

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 07:00 PM
somebody please explain to me outside of the heat who is going to knock the knicks out in the 2nd round people face it the east is still wide open 2nd round exit lmao

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
somebody please explain to me outside of the heat who is going to knock the knicks out in the 2nd round people face it the east is still wide open 2nd round exit lmao

i can still see the bulls, celtics, nets if they get dwight, indy, maybe even atlanta.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-21-2012, 07:06 PM

i guess indiana sucks then :facepalm:

the knicks who have won 1 playoff game over the past 15 years, and a team that has been comptitive in the playoffs for 2 consecutive years, that has very good young pieces that are still developing(hansborough, collison, george, hibbert) and a team whose star players that have maxamized their talents(melo, stoudemire) a young stud who will likely miss much of the year(shumpert) and many holes to go on top of all that

FlashMacker
06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
i can still see the bulls, celtics, nets if they get dwight, indy, maybe even atlanta.

If the Nets get Dwight them and Chicago but that's about it. Hawks won't beat the knicks and the celtics big 3 most likely won't be back. They're old and Boston needs to rebuild with a younger core.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 07:33 PM
D12 and dwill alone isn't beating a healthy knicks squad we destroyed the pacers when healthy last year two consecutive games boston is going in rebuild mode and we don't even know if d rose will properly recover from his injury so like i said the east is wide open outside of miami

Bishnoff
06-21-2012, 07:34 PM
If their roster is similar to 2011-12 then I canít see them contending. Most of their starters are incompatible with each other: Melo is incompatible with Amaríe & Lin; Amaríe is incompatible with Chandler. They have too many players who need the ball in their hands to be effective and too many defensive liabilities.

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 07:46 PM
D12 and dwill alone isn't beating a healthy knicks squad we destroyed the pacers when healthy last year two consecutive games boston is going in rebuild mode and we don't even know if d rose will properly recover from his injury so like i said the east is wide open outside of miami

Dwill and Shelden Williams took a game from the Knicks last year lets not get crazy. Those two would style on the Knicks.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 07:48 PM
and what game would that be cuz if the nets actually do get d12 that team would literally be just dwill and d12 cuz the nets would have to get rid of almost ther whole roster similar to the melo deal just to get d12

javaid64
06-21-2012, 07:49 PM
so let me get this straight we have a very unconventional year with multiple roster changes, coach changes and injuries, and realize that the only team that we couldn't beat all year was the miami heat, the eventual champs, and most of the time it was one or more player who wasn't even healthy.

yea we have no chance to improve, i mean every other team can improve but the only team conceivably that is close to the talent level of the heat is the ny york knicks and they can't improve at all.

forget that we were 6-1 when melo amare and lin were playing at same time, forget we ended the season 18-6 when many of you idiot on this forums said we weren't even gonna make the playoffs, forget that we are the only vaible candidate to actually beat the miami heat,

im sure the

chicago bull are more better candidate to contend with heat cause thier best player just tore his acl, and their youth will cause them improve significantly

indiana pacers cause the knicks wrecked them all year, and they couldn't even beat miami without bosh

the nets cause they've done so much with williams and how well they performed in the playoff the last 2 year

the hawks cause there vast improvements they have last 2 year

we aren't a perfect team but i realized most of you on this forum are ******-in idiots, and can't make a viable arguement over other teams to why they are better candidates to contend with the heat.

javaid64
06-21-2012, 07:52 PM
all you honestly are ******-in idiots i really dont know why i waste my time on this forum with a bunch of ******-in idiots who waste my time saying dumb sH** all the time

im not saying all you are but honestly are but i really can't beleive the idocy and hatred of the knicks by most of you...if u can't make a viable comment than don't comment at all, im sure u have better sh** to do with ur time than make dumb F*k-in comments with no basis other than ur being a big f*k-in hater

javaid64
06-21-2012, 07:58 PM
and honestly do u guys even know what peaked mean?!?!

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 08:03 PM
and what game would that be cuz if the nets actually do get d12 that team would literally be just dwill and d12 cuz the nets would have to get rid of almost ther whole roster similar to the melo deal just to get d12

How would it be similar to the Melo deal when D12 is alot better than Melo? If D12 comes to the Nets it's going to be in FA. ORL will not trade him here they will trade him to some place he hates to spite him

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 08:05 PM
so let me get this straight we have a very unconventional year with multiple roster changes, coach changes and injuries, and realize that the only team that we couldn't beat all year was the miami heat, the eventual champs, and most of the time it was one or more player who wasn't even healthy.

yea we have no chance to improve, i mean every other team can improve but the only team conceivably that is close to the talent level of the heat is the ny york knicks and they can't improve at all.

forget that we were 6-1 when melo amare and lin were playing at same time, forget we ended the season 18-6 when many of you idiot on this forums said we weren't even gonna make the playoffs, forget that we are the only vaible candidate to actually beat the miami heat,

im sure the

chicago bull are more better candidate to contend with heat cause thier best player just tore his acl, and their youth will cause them improve significantly

indiana pacers cause the knicks wrecked them all year, and they couldn't even beat miami without bosh

the nets cause they've done so much with williams and how well they performed in the playoff the last 2 year

the hawks cause there vast improvements they have last 2 year

we aren't a perfect team but i realized most of you on this forum are ******-in idiots, and can't make a viable arguement over other teams to why they are better candidates to contend with the heat.

The Knicks are a flawed team bro nobody is hating. Amar'e, Melo, Chandler are never going to work together because they all need to be in different systems.

RLundi
06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Lol the Knicks will always be a tweener as long as they're pairing Melo and Stat. That will NEVER work.

TheIlladelph16
lmao boston isn't that good talent wise they just play as a team talent wise the knicks shyt on the majority of the east overconfident? reread my post all i said was if amare regains his form we could be a very dangerous team espeacially with a full training camp an finally a real fkn coach that same boston team almost lost to a wack *** sixers team who the knicks would of probaly swept in the playoffs

Sixers took the Celtics to 7 games... The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games... At the same time the Knicks couldn't take the Heat past 5 games. I think that would suggest the Knicks would not have swept the 76ers out of the playoffs.

I agree with some of your points about the Knicks, its your method of going about it that sucks. Seriously think before you post and learn how to effectively use punctuation.

D12 fan
Lol the Knicks will always be a tweener as long as they're pairing Melo and Stat. That will NEVER work.

So true.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Sixers took the Celtics to 7 games... The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games... At the same time the Knicks couldn't take the Heat past 5 games. I think that would suggest the Knicks would not have swept the 76ers out of the playoffs.

I agree with some of your points about the Knicks, its your method of going about it that sucks. Seriously think before you post and learn how to effectively use punctuation.
dude im not baiting but the sixers sucked last year falling all the way from a 3 seed to 8th nuff said

How would it be similar to the Melo deal when D12 is alot better than Melo? If D12 comes to the Nets it's going to be in FA. ORL will not trade him here they will trade him to some place he hates to spite him
you must be smoking if you think d12 will make it to fa no way the magic lose him for nothing i see them trading d12for tyson chandler before that happend

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:14 PM
d12 better than melo :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Bubba313
06-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I would love to see how many games Melo, Amar'e and Chandler actually all played together. It has to be under 15 games. Yet everyone is writing them off. Not to mention they didn't have a training camp yet either.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
it doesn't even make sense explaining all that stuff to these people you act like these people don't have tv's all these people on here know all this stuff already if you haven't noticed the knicks are the team everybody on psd hates on thats why winning a championship soon or even just making it to the ecf would be even sweeter to shut all these haters up :mad:

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 08:34 PM

You really think Melo is better than Dwight?SMH

bucketss
06-21-2012, 08:35 PM

oh wow

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 08:36 PM

wow you really think Melo is a better player than D12? You joking?

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:37 PM

oh this statement is just so wrong. But I guess it is all about points on PSD.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:38 PM
dude i was waiting for you troll you finally came from under the bridge lets get this started first off d12 can't hit a dam free throw 2nd he has no offensive game outside the paint yes he is a defensive beast but the knicks already got that in chandler d12 is the best center in the league but he needs other players to make him better maybe in a couple of years but right now hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! d12 isn't better then melo

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
dude i was waiting for you troll you finally came from under the bridge lets get this started first off d12 can't hit a dam free throw 2nd he has no offensive game outside the paint yes he is a defensive beast but the knicks already got that in chandler d12 is the best center in the league but he needs other players to make him better maybe in a couple of years but right now hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! d12 isn't better then melo

:facepalm:

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
flatbush go back to the Knicks forum,you are making Knicks fans look bad.

D12 led a team to the Finals,with Turk/Rashard as his sidekicks.

What has Melo done as a franchise player?

bucketss
06-21-2012, 08:41 PM

find one non-knick fan to agree with you homer alert.

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 08:42 PM

:facepalm:Then why the hell do you wan't to trade him for Tyson Chandler,be happy with your damn team,quit talking about trading for Dwight on the Knicks/Magic forums.It's not happening.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:42 PM
d12 needs shooters around him to make him better anybody that thinks d12 is better than melo just doesn't watch basketball i do agree he impacts the game more then melo obviously because of his position but d12 aint shaq people stop it

bucketss
06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
d12 needs shooters around him to make him better anybody that thinks d12 is better than melo just doesn't watch basketball i do agree he impacts the game more then melo obviously because of his position but d12 aint shaq people stop it

d12 top 5 player, melo = not even top ten

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 08:44 PM

Honestly my man it's not even close. D12 is a MUCH better basketball player than Melo. Its hard to even find a place to put Melo in the top-10 let alone above D12.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
find one non-knick fan to agree with you homer alert.
i don't need to have other peoples opinions to make me feel better i respect the fact that people have ther own opinions im not here to change anybodies mind

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM

:facepalm:Who said D12 was Shaq?You:facepalm:

This guy is off da chain crazy.

ChitownBears22
06-21-2012, 08:48 PM

You do realize that Durant is a prototype center correct.

He is supposed to rebound and score points in the paint.

He does that at a very high level. Then on top of that he is a top 5 shot blocker, top 2 post defender, shuts down the paint to incoming drivers, and is athletically superior to Melo.

So Melo has a jumpshot, thats great. But defensively he is weak.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 08:49 PM
wow thats cool but seriously you guys are overrating the hell out of d12 and melo is easily a top 5 player he just wasn't a top 5 player under dumbtoni more like top 15

AntiG
06-21-2012, 08:49 PM

LOL really? D12 is FAR better center than Melo is a SF, and is a better overall player amongst all positions.

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 08:52 PM
wow thats cool but seriously you guys are overrating the hell out of d12 and melo is easily a top 5 player he just wasn't a top 5 player under dumbtoni more like top 15

:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Any real basketball fan knows D12 is better than Melo.Yeah Melo scores a lot,but that's all he does.

D12 scores 20pts 15reb and plays defense,the Magic have been a top 10 defense in the NBA the last 5yrs because of Dwight.

Oh yeah he has 3DPOY awards.

ChitownBears22

So you are telling me you would build a team using Melo over Dwight.
If this is the case. much like the Knicks, you will enjoy bad season after bad season.

Centers are rare. And Centers as talented as Dwight are even more rare. Melo's come out every other draft. Volume shooters don't impress me though.

fadedmario
D12 is as soft as kittens. He'll never win anything. He speaks like he has the IQ of a special ed. too...

lakersfan01
06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Contenders? Oh god haha.

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 09:02 PM

you need to pass that bruh

GoPacers33
06-21-2012, 09:08 PM
if they have already peaked id hate to see their bad side

LongIslandIcedZ
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Right now, with all else equal, their somewhere in between those two options. I think they can give every team in the east trouble, besides the Heat of course. I understand their not nearly as good as some of the Knick fans here say, but their also not nearly as bad as some of the others say.

I think they'll finish next year as a top 4 seed.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 09:31 PM
you need to pass that bruh
shyt you gonna put 10 on it this dat sour lmao

Deemerc
06-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Wow another thread about the overrated Knicks who has won one playoff game in 12 years

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
well obviously if i were to start a team i would go with d12 i don't think d12 has reached his potential yet and ther just isn't alot of quality centers in the league anymore which makes his value better than melos but at this point and time i would go with melo over d12 i dont think d12 has hit his peak yet and he can become a better player then melo but i think melo will win a championship before d12 wins one

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Wow another thread about the overrated Knicks who has won one playoff game in 12 years
10 years and why you hating with a ny avatar:facepalm:

AntiG
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
well obviously if i were to start a team i would go with d12 i don't think d12 has reached his potential yet and ther just isn't alot of quality centers in the league anymore which makes his value better than melos but at this point and time i would go with melo over d12 i dont think d12 has hit his peak yet and he can become a better player then melo but i think melo will win a championship before d12 wins one

D12 hasn't hit his peak yet, but he's BEEN a better player than Melo for years now. And Melo won't win a championship before D12 wins one because the Knicks won't be winning anything with this roster with which they are crazy over the cap.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
for years :facepalm: check the stats and melo will win one before ya boy mark my words amare is only under contract for 3 more years meaning we can trade him in two heck melo and d12 might win one together next year :D

knickfan33
06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
jeremy lin- a point guard with turnover problems, but great court vision imo, and is capable of being a 14 pt and 5 assist, 3 turnover guy next season

really thats all? i think he's alot better then that at least in the assist category, and he seriously cut down the turnovers the last couple games before being hurt.

there definetly gonna contend, and if they play the entire season the way they did when woodson took over, they'll be much better then a 7-8 seed.

the only thing as a knick fan i worry about is how stat shows up, we really need him to step up on the defensive end, or find a way to trade him.

Also late in the season the knicks went way too much melo isolation, maybe it was because lin was hurt, but we are a much better team when we play team ball.

NBAFan2012
06-21-2012, 10:37 PM

D12 fan
06-21-2012, 10:52 PM

:laugh:damn flatbushy boy.

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 11:12 PM
:hide: d12fan

RLundi
06-21-2012, 11:37 PM

Your credibility and respect = :burn:

AntiG
06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
well Eddy Curry and Ronny Turiaf got theirs before Melo lol

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
^awwww man i thaught we was cool:( d12 fan where you at son i don't see you trolling the knicks forum anymore:D:laugh2::moon::win::dance::laugh::laugh:

flatbush knicks
06-21-2012, 11:45 PM
lmao thats messed up man espeacially curry's fat ***

funkybudda
06-22-2012, 12:08 AM

lol, sad and funny at the same time. Hopefully Melo gets the message...

EastNYLos
06-22-2012, 01:07 AM
i don't think the knicks will be title contenders...they need some more pieces...but let's see now that the offseason has started!!

D12 fan
06-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Who cares about the Knicks,lock this thread.

It's all about Miami tonight.

EastNYLos
06-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Who cares about the Knicks,lock this thread.

It's all about Miami tonight.

do i smell another fairweather miami fan? if you don't CARE about what's going on in this thread why do you even post??

flatbush knicks
06-22-2012, 01:13 AM
do i smell another fairweather miami fan? if you don't CARE about what's going on in this thread why do you even post??
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

rockbottom2010
06-22-2012, 01:41 AM
sooo many stupid forums

TheIlladelph16
06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
dude im not baiting but the sixers sucked last year falling all the way from a 3 seed to 8th nuff said

I think pretty much everything you do or say on here is baiting, but that's just because your arguments are illogical and flawed. I believe the Sixers very clearly did not "suck" this year. We made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs while the Knicks were kicking back on the couch.

Also, D12 is definitely a better player than Melo. His dominance at a more valuable position and defense alone make him a better player than Melo. Dwight has also led a team that consisted of basically 3 pt shooters and himself to the NBA Finals. Meanwhile Melo has had WAY more talented teammates and has barely even sniffed the Finals once.

Arch Stanton
06-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Haha Knicks?

oak2455
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Ha ha Hong Kong... Haaaaaa... Oh and thank God I don't live in Cleveland :p

Glen20
06-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Ha ha Hong Kong... Haaaaaa... Oh and thank God I don't live in Cleveland :p

fans don't win games...

nycsports2
06-22-2012, 11:07 AM
knicks are gonna have hardware within 3 yrs you can book that.. stern will make sure of it lol

GoneGuru
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
knicks are gonna have hardware within 3 yrs you can book that.. stern will make sure of it lol

Just like the last 40 years right?

N3TS
06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
If they can somehow get Nash then they will be a hands down title contender.

NYG 2000
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
If they can somehow get Nash then they will be a hands down title contender. lol, they need a lot more hands just a Steve Nash to help then become contenders, they have a jumper who is injured, and their 2. "star" players who play below average defense, and a coach who had never surpasses he second round, not to mention carnelian Anthony has only been past the first round only once in his entire career