PDA

View Full Version : Is Gasol a HOF'er?

Bos_Sports4Life
06-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Just a question, I personally feel like he is based on international accomplishments/stats (both basic and advanced) and his titles thrown on top..

But a group of people I know called me an idiot, And I have a bet riding on this! So I figured I'd make a thread

Gators123
06-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes.

ManRam
06-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Yes. especially because it's the basketbll all of fame...not the NBA hall of fame.

he's a slam dunk.

Swashcuff
06-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Anyone who knows basketball knows he deserves to be there. Consider your bet won.

bucketss
06-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Just a question, I personally feel like he is based on international accomplishments/stats (both basic and advanced) and his titles thrown on top..

But a group of people I know called me an idiot, And I have a bet riding on this! So I figured I'd make a thread

if they are anything like my friends they will still call you an idiot after you prove it:facepalm:

Leftcoast_yg
06-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes he does based on his resume as a basketball player(not just nba)

popo85
06-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Agree with OP

Gritz
06-16-2012, 11:27 PM
baskeball hall of fame is a joke, anyone with multiple all star appearances has a good chance

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-16-2012, 11:31 PM
International acclaim, former ROY, 2x NBA Champion with the LAKERS (with all that added pressure and Kobe's trade me tirade).

Absolutely. First ballot.

Iceman_9
06-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Yes. He is one of e best european big men ever to play the game.

ichitownclowni
06-17-2012, 12:58 AM
yes sir

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Anybody who says this guy is not a HOF has obviously not watched him play, or has no appreciation for the game. Just saying.

b@llhog24
06-17-2012, 01:02 AM

if they are anything like my friends they will still call you an idiot after you prove it:facepalm:
Lol this.

b@llhog24
06-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Crooner is gonna destroy this thread btw. But yes Pau's a HOF .

Wolfman01
06-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Pau Gasol will not be a Hall of Famer in the NBA. Why? Right now he score 14,862 points and he has 7,335 rebounds for his whole NBA career. Pau Gasol is 31 years old right now and soon to be 32 next month. Pau Gasol will probably retire in the next 2-3 years from now and won't hit the 20,000 points. Pau Gasol maybe will get 10,000 rebounds though. Most NBA Hall of Famers score over 20,000 points or have over 10,000 rebounds, and they went more then 7 times to the all star. Yes Pau Gasol may have won 2 NBA titles with the Lakers but that won't be enough for him to get a place in the NBA Hall of Fame.

mekedubs
06-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Yes, definitely a HOF, but 1st ballot? Depends on who else is a 1st ballot nominee... But honestly I don't think he gets in on the 1st ballot... Maybe 2nd...

LakersSaintsLSU
06-17-2012, 01:29 AM
no doubt pau ftw!

b@llhog24
06-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Pau Gasol will not be a Hall of Famer in the NBA. Why? Right now he score 14,862 points and he has 7,335 rebounds for his whole NBA career. Pau Gasol is 31 years old right now and soon to be 32 next month. Pau Gasol will probably retire in the next 2-3 years from now and won't hit the 20,000 points. Pau Gasol maybe will get 10,000 rebounds though. Most NBA Hall of Famers score over 20,000 points or have over 10,000 rebounds, and they went more then 7 times to the all star. Yes Pau Gasol may have won 2 NBA titles with the Lakers but that won't be enough for him to get a place in the NBA Hall of Fame.

Lmao its not the nba Hof.

Wolfman01
06-17-2012, 01:33 AM

Yes I know. Of course Pau Gasol will be on the international hall of fame but I was talking about NBA hall of fame.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Yes I know. Of course Pau Gasol will be on the international hall of fame but I was talking about NBA hall of fame.

There is no such thing as NBA Hall of Fame.

It's the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, which means NBA, College and International.

b@llhog24
06-17-2012, 01:44 AM

There is no such thing as NBA Hall of Fame.

It's the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, which means NBA, College and International.

Yeah i was wondering what he was talking about as well.

ry31walsh
06-17-2012, 01:46 AM
I say yes because the HOF isn't just based on NBA. I actually went to the HOF dinner last year and was kind of shocked to see Arvydas Sabonis made it. He made it based on what he did outside of the NBA and was 8 time European Player of the Year.

Pau Gasol was a 7 time European player of the year, has been an all star in the NBA and won championships. Its one of those things were if Sabonis is in HOF, I'm not sure how Gasol wouldn't make it.

LA_Raiders
06-17-2012, 01:46 AM
yes, he and Irk are the best euro players ever

BigBongTheory
06-17-2012, 01:53 AM
There is no doubt he will be in the hall of fame, he is one of the best skilled big men in the game, now and ever. Not just a biased, homer Laker fan, Gasol has upset me many times before, but he has been consistent throughout his entire career, and has played on the biggest stage and won. He is a hall of famer without question.

MJ-BULLS
06-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Pau is a G. Yes he is hof material.

Trueblue2
06-17-2012, 02:23 AM
NBA: no
Basketball: yes

sixer04fan
06-17-2012, 02:26 AM

Lol what the **** are you talking about? The made up NBA Hall of Fame that doesn't exist? Correct, he won't be inducted into that.

It's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame... That's the only one.

Swashcuff
06-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Dude do yourself a favour before posting in any thread do a little research first becaus it's coming evidentially clear that you don't quite understand all that you're posting.

theheatles
06-17-2012, 09:44 AM
he's a lock, any1 that voted against him are clueless idiots

Chavacano
06-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes. especially because it's the basketbll all of fame...not the NBA hall of fame.

he's a slam dunk.

This. :nod:

NBA: no
Basketball: yes

WTF?! :laugh:

NYKalltheway
06-17-2012, 11:02 AM
yes, he and Irk are the best euro players ever

No they are noy. Pau will definitely make both Naismith and FIBA HOF btw.

thekmp211
06-17-2012, 11:15 AM
first ballot slam dunk in my mind for reasons previously posted.

honestly if you are posting on a basketball forum you gots to know that the its the naismith BASKETBALL hall of fame. the NBA doesn't have a hall of its own.

for what its worth the MLB and NFL don't either but there aren't a bunch of competitive international leagues for those sports.

felixng2012
06-17-2012, 11:23 AM
He easily makes it in due to Euro achievements.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2012, 11:25 AM
He is a shoe in for the Basketball HOF.

black1605
06-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Absolutely.

Reversed86Curse
06-17-2012, 12:14 PM
:laugh2: NBA Hall of Fame. Good one :laugh2:

I think he will make the Basket Ball Hall of Fame though, eventually

thekmp211
06-17-2012, 12:17 PM
a more fun question would be is marc a HoF? i say yes and again if it's a close call now, it won't be soon.

tredigs
06-17-2012, 12:26 PM
This. :nod:

WTF?! :laugh:

What are you laughing at? He's just making the point that as an NBA player his resume does not add up to a HOF career. But unlike most Pau has had a legitimate HOF career outside of the NBA, and that's why he will easily be inducted.

I'd agree with those saying first ballot, and if he retired today he's absolutely in.

JordansBulls
06-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes no contest.

Chavacano
06-17-2012, 02:03 PM
What are you laughing at? He's just making the point that as an NBA player his resume does not add up to a HOF career. But unlike most Pau has had a legitimate HOF career outside of the NBA, and that's why he will easily be inducted.

I'd agree with those saying first ballot, and if he retired today he's absolutely in.

Ahmm. I'm laughing because of the fictional NBA Hall of Fame? :eyebrow:

beliges
06-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Pau is a Hall of Famer because of his international acccolades. He was a terrific NBA player, and probably played his best ball from 08-10 when he came to the Lakers. But his NBA accomplishments in and of themselves are not hall worthy. What gets him in are his international accomplishments.

One of the best international players to ever play in the NBA.

bucketss
06-17-2012, 02:27 PM

:laugh2: this is so beautiful :'')

Chronz
06-17-2012, 02:30 PM
I think he has a decent case even without the fiba play

D.O.N.
06-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I have no doubt. Pau is easily a HOF.

Wade>You
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
If people talk about Paul Pierce like he's a shoe-in for the HoF, then Gasol is a LOCK.

ManRam
06-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Not sure he's a sure fire first ballot though. I think ultimately he might make that case...but I'm not sure it's a given.

But I've never understood why people are so concerned with first ballots. Who cares? You're in or you're not.

hail2skins4life
06-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Anybody who says this guy is not a HOF has obviously not watched him play, or has no appreciation for the game. Just saying.

im a lakers fan and i even dont think hes a HOF. maybe borderline

if he is a HOF then it has to have something to do with him being foreign and all his foreign accomplishments rather than his NBA career. It will have to do with the fact that he is one of the best foreign PF of all time. And also with his unique skill set.

But would you call his last 2 years of playoff performances a HOF type performance? He just isnt the same since Dirk dominated him last playoffs. Maybe if he kept at it and was able to continue to be the dominate player he was in the finals the lakers won then he would be no doubt.

Bruno
06-17-2012, 08:21 PM
easily. there is no argument for a 'no' or a 'maybe' here. He'll be in the hall, and i doubt it takes more than three years of eligibility to get it done.

Wolfman01
06-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Dude do yourself a favour before posting in any thread do a little research first becaus it's coming evidentially clear that you don't quite understand all that you're posting.

Haha your so funny can't even spell right. I came late to home after work and was very tired. I notice PSD people are so serious sometimes. Why so serious? Listen I'm a cool guy and I don't take a lot of things super serious like you. I like to talk sports and sometimes I say things that aren't correct. Many people make mistake and I'm sure you have also without a question. Next time I'll do a little research like you said I should. How about you take my advise and next time go back to a elementary grammer book and try to fix your punctional.

thekmp211
06-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Not sure he's a sure fire first ballot though. I think ultimately he might make that case...but I'm not sure it's a given.

But I've never understood why people are so concerned with first ballots. Who cares? You're in or you're not.

can anyone pull up a list of first ballot HoF players?

i feel like it's useful in discerning the all time greats from one another via what should be a relatively unbiased vote of professional observers.

thekmp211
06-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Haha your so funny can't even spell right. I came late to home after work and was very tired. I notice PSD people are so serious sometimes. Why so serious? Listen I'm a cool guy and I don't take a lot of things super serious like you. I like to talk sports and sometimes I say things that aren't correct. Many people make mistake and I'm sure you have also without a question. Next time I'll do a little research like you said I should. How about you take my advise and next time go back to a elementary grammer book and try to fix your punctional.

now who's taking things seriously exactly?

i imagine swashcuff laughing at this post when and if he read it. you i imagine pounding the keyboard like a maniac.

it's a basketball forum. if you don't know something basic like that, expect some feedback. no one called you a child.

MonroeFAN
06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah really dude, that was kind of bad. Should just man up and admit it was foolish for you to say that and move on. Can't really blame a statement like that on being tired. Also making fun of other peoples punctuation doesn't seem like a good game plan for you.

Wolfman01
06-17-2012, 09:48 PM
now who's taking things seriously exactly?

i imagine swashcuff laughing at this post when and if he read it. you i imagine pounding the keyboard like a maniac.

it's a basketball forum. if you don't know something basic like that, expect some feedback. no one called you a child.

Haha your a funny guy. Like I said I was coming home late after work you think for second that my brain works well when I'm tired? I think you pounded your keyboard more like a maniac when the Knicks lost in the playoffs. Your obvious just saying things that aren't true and just adding things.

Wolfman01
06-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah really dude, that was kind of bad. Should just man up and admit it was foolish for you to say that and move on. Can't really blame a statement like that on being tired. Also making fun of other peoples punctuation doesn't seem like a good game plan for you.

Thanks I got of work at midnight and I posted around 2am something...

thekmp211
06-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Haha your a funny guy. Like I said I was coming home late after work you think for second that my brain works well when I'm tired? I think you pounded your keyboard more like a maniac when the Knicks lost in the playoffs. Your obvious just saying things that aren't true and just adding things.

well that last sentence is certainly true.

but i happen to be a die hard celtics fan.

thanks for coming.

b@llhog24
06-18-2012, 04:18 AM

I'm not one to really get on people but did you actually say he can't spell because he left off an 'e'? Btw that's a grammatical error. :p

well that last sentence is certainly true.

but i happen to be a die hard celtics fan.

thanks for coming.

And :burn:

PhillyFaninLA
06-18-2012, 05:09 AM
Personally I wouldn't vote for Pau. I think he's not as good as his brother and his brother is no HOF'er.

Pau will probably make it and I won't be mad if/when he gets in but I think he's a really good but not elite player and the HOF is only for the best of the best.

MickeyMgl
06-18-2012, 05:13 AM
I say yes because the HOF isn't just based on NBA. I actually went to the HOF dinner last year and was kind of shocked to see Arvydas Sabonis made it. He made it based on what he did outside of the NBA and was 8 time European Player of the Year.

Pau Gasol was a 7 time European player of the year, has been an all star in the NBA and won championships. Its one of those things were if Sabonis is in HOF, I'm not sure how Gasol wouldn't make it.

Sabonis > Gasol. Sabonis was a badass before he blew his achilles (I think both of them), and that was long before he ever played a single game in the NBA.

Heatcheck
06-18-2012, 09:22 AM

please dont turn this into a baseball discussion if you know what i mean. the man is a career 20 and 10 guy, one of the best passing big men of the last decade, olympian, ROY, Multiple all star, and push the lakers over the hump. i think he deserves it. and when you throw in the international factor, he's a lock.

King41
06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
nba HOF i don't think so
he played god bball but its not enough and 2 titles will not change this

b@llhog24
06-18-2012, 12:31 PM
nba HOF i don't think so
he played god bball but its not enough and 2 titles will not change this

Read the thread my good man.

BigCityofDreams
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
International acclaim, former ROY, 2x NBA Champion with the LAKERS (with all that added pressure and Kobe's trade me tirade).

Absolutely. First ballot.

Can you pass that information onto my friend(yes the same one in the sig) who spent a number of hours in the day tearing Gasol's career into shreds. I was trying to convince him that Pau would end up in the Hall based on his NBA and International accomplishments and he's going on and on about:

Pau not leaving a mark on the game
He has done nothing since his rookie yr
He won his rings with Kobe
He wasn't a second option on the Lakers
LA only won because Perkins was hurt
Pau did nothing in the ORL series because all the Magic do is shoot three and don't play defense so he was going up against no one.
Bynum grabbed all the rebounds against the Celtics
Melo will go in before Pau because of his impact on the game
Pau can't get in before guys like Duncan, Garnett, Allen, etc(of course he won't get in before those guys since they will be eligible way before he is. Those players have 2-3 yrs left)
His Gold medals aren't that impressive because that's when the best players in the NBA didn't go.

He kept repeating this line over and over Pau won't make the NBA HOF . Forget the fact I spent a half an hour telling him the Basketball HOF looks at what someone has done for basketball as a whole. He told me " the players in the hall are in because of what they did in the NBA on American soil."

DaVille
07-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Spain will get him in.

China wanted Yao in the HOF same year he retired, knowing very well there's a 5year grace period.

Hellcrooner
07-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Can you pass that information onto my friend(yes the same one in the sig) who spent a number of hours in the day tearing Gasol's career into shreds. I was trying to convince him that Pau would end up in the Hall based on his NBA and International accomplishments and he's going on and on about:

Pau did nothing in the ORL series because all the Magic do is shoot three and don't play defense so he was going up against no one.
Pau can't get in before guys like Duncan, Garnett, Allen, etc(of course he won't get in before those guys since they will be eligible way before he is. Those players have 2-3 yrs left)
His Gold medals aren't that impressive because that's when the best players in the NBA didn't go.

He kept repeating this line over and over Pau won't make the NBA HOF . Forget the fact I spent a half an hour telling him the Basketball HOF looks at what someone has done for basketball as a whole. He told me " the players in the hall are in because of what they did in the NBA on American soil."

your friend is either

a) stupid
b) a member from KKK
c) Both.
case closed-

BigCityofDreams
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
He's not a b or c and he's not always wrong but some of the stuff he comes up with is way off base. Doesn't he even realize there is no NBA Hall of Fame. His idea of proving me wrong was asking another Laker fan who said "Pau is not getting in because he hasn't done enough" :facepalm:

Shouldn't be surprised though one time I spent two hours trying to convince him that Pete Rose was never inducted into the HOF.

Bruno
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM

you're friend is incorrect. Pau is a lock.

Hawkeye15
07-08-2012, 10:58 PM

Your friend is wrong. Gasol is a Basketball Hall of Fame member, arguably on his 1st ballot.

BigCityofDreams
07-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Your friend is wrong. Gasol is a Basketball Hall of Fame member, arguably on his 1st ballot.

I feel the same way. His resume speaks for himself. I didn't think Pau was a HOF until I sat down and looked at his career. And how the f was he not the 2nd option on the Lakers. "Well they had Bynum and Odom he wasn't the 2nd option. He won his rings because of Kobe" :facepalm: Mind you this is the same guy that crapped on Kobe's early career because he played with Shaq.

you're friend is incorrect. Pau is a lock.

That's what I told him. I said I would be shocked if he doesn't get in. How could he not get in with those accomplishments.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-09-2012, 12:11 AM
lol yes. a 2 time nba champion, was puttin up almost 20 and 10 when he was by himself.

i say he is. easily.

JordansBulls
07-09-2012, 10:38 PM
I think he has a decent case even without the fiba play

This.