PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Free Agent Class

JasonJohnHorn
06-16-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/fran_blinebury/06/15/top-free-agents/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

NBA.com has a list of the notable free agents this summer. Who are you hoping to see suit up in a new jersey next season and why?

BSardogan
06-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Depends on the draft.

If Houston gets someone like Meyers Leonard or Tyler Zeller from the draft they wouldn't need any FA center, however if they don't, they will push hard for someone like Hibbert or Asik. Hibbert may be out of reach, since Indiana will match pretty much any offer, but Asik to the Rockets should be realistic and he'd be a nice pickup.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I am hoping the Wolves throw a big offer at Batum possibly.

SlimKid
06-16-2012, 12:11 PM
I am hoping the Wolves throw a big offer at Batum possibly.

Me too! Batum/Love/Pek would be a solid front-line. Batum being only 23 is a plus as well.

celtNYpatsHeels
06-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Id like to see Nash in NY and Dragic in Utah or vice versa. All of the restricted guys will stay put IMO

b@llhog24
06-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Gordon
Anderson
Dragic
Ersan

In that order for the Blazers.

absolute zero
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
ray allen would make a huge impact if he signs with the wolves imo. if he can help in developing wes johnson's shooting, a rubio/johnson/williams/love/pekovic lineup in the future would be scary.

but, i can't find any reason for him to even consider signing with the wolves.

b@llhog24
06-16-2012, 01:47 PM
ray allen would make a huge impact if he signs with the wolves imo. if he can help in developing wes johnson's shooting, a rubio/johnson/williams/love/pekovic lineup in the future would be scary.

but, i can't find any reason for him to even consider signing with the wolves.
Only thing that could help Wes Johnson's shooting is if he got a hand transplant from Mark Price.

Loro2128
06-16-2012, 02:07 PM
i think the draft will impact some signings but as of right now i think they should go like this
Deron to Dallas
Kidd might be a Bull
Ray Allen to either the Clippers or Heat depends if clips add another piece
KG to resign with Celtics
Nash to Miami he wants a ring not Knicks unless they make a big move
Eric Gordon to Indiana and Hibbert resigns
then it gets confusing but i think a few of these will happen

beasted86
06-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd love Odom for the mini-MLE in Miami.

I don't think Nash is looking at the HEAT seriously, or any of the top 3-5 contenders. I never really got how his train of though works, and I don't think winning a championship is what he's really desperate to do. He seems like he's okay with not winning a championship. No knock against him or the Knicks or anyone else who might be on his radar... but just seems he'd be saying more things in the media to make you believe he wants to go to a top contender and take the role that is necessary.

Chronz
06-16-2012, 02:33 PM

I don't think Nash is looking at the HEAT seriously, or any of the top 3-5 contenders. I never really got how his train of though works, and I don't think winning a championship is what he's really desperate to do. He seems like he's okay with not winning a championship. No knock against him or the Knicks or anyone else who might be on his radar... but just seems he'd be saying more things in the media to make you believe he wants to go to a top contender and take the role that is necessary.
I'm guessing you feel odom can be salvaged, but that would be interesting

beasted86
06-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm guessing you feel odom can be salvaged, but that would be interesting

I don't expect him to play anywhere near the level he has played previously.

But 28 minutes per game as the starting PF next to Bosh in Miami and he can probably give us a solid 9 PPG ,7 REB, 3 AST with 45%+ which would be just great. Haslem would give us another 7/7 off the bench. We'd have a legitimate front court trio for the first time.

I think what our past free agency and the current depth chart Miami plays we should just give up on trying to get a Center in the rotation. Just play small to our identity and spread the floor.

As far as Odom in free agnecy, I don't see any team offering him more than the mid-level. So that puts Miami at a decent chance to sign him.

5ass
06-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Miami needs to fix their center position. They should look to spend their mini MLE on Kwame Brown.

beasted86
06-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Miami needs to fix their center position. They should look to spend their mini MLE on Kwame Brown.

Not really... read my above post.

I'm pretty certain Kwame thinks he's worth more than $3M anyway.

Bigbadmoffo
06-16-2012, 02:51 PM

Good luck odom is pretty greedy.

Loro2128
06-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Center they should get Chris Kaman he is a big that gives about 13 pt 8 reb 2 blocks shoots 50 % and 75% freethrows

beasted86
06-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Depends on the draft.

If Houston gets someone like Meyers Leonard or Tyler Zeller from the draft they wouldn't need any FA center, however if they don't, they will push hard for someone like Hibbert or Asik. Hibbert may be out of reach, since Indiana will match pretty much any offer, but Asik to the Rockets should be realistic and he'd be a nice pickup.

Just my opinion, but Asik isn't better than either Dalembert or Camby. Do you still think he has room to improve? He's already like 26 yrs old.

He'd just be a Camby replacement I guess if he's not brought back.

papipapsmanny
06-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Wizards should draft Beal and go hard after Batum... that would fix their wing problems

Wall
Beal
Batum
Booker
Nene

Seraphin/Crawford/Mack/Singleton on the bench

Amnesty Blatche

popo85
06-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Good luck odom is pretty greedy.

Portland offered him more money in 09' yet he chose to re-sign with Lakers...Not so greedy

TheJesus
06-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Brandon Roy anyone?

Ty Fast
06-16-2012, 05:38 PM
ray allen and lamar odom 2 miami

LTBaByyy
06-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Deron
Ross (#17th pick Washington)
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

Wait until next year to amnesty Haywood!

Marion + Haywood off the books = Howard :)

llemon
06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Deron
Ross (#17th pick Washington)
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

Wait until next year to amnesty Haywood!

Marion + Haywood off the books = Howard :)

Believe Marion has an ETO in '13-'14