PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls seriously looking to get into the draft to draft Austin Rivers?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-16-2012, 10:21 AM
The Chicago Bulls might be considering a major shakeup to their roster. With the team in need of help at the shooting guard position, rumor has it the Bulls are looking to move up into the Draft Lottery. Players on their radar include Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lamb and Dion Waiters. The way this report is phrased, it is hard to tell if this is a sourced report or just mere speculation.

The Bulls own the No. 29 pick in the draft. Their goal, some will tell you, is to move up, perhaps even into the lottery.

In order for that to happen the Bulls will have to offer a player (or players), and probably include their first-rounder. They’re said to have their eyes on guards such as Connecticut’s Jeremy Lamb, Syracuse’s Dion Waiters or Duke’s Austin Rivers.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/16/rumor.bulls.looking.trade.lottery.austin.rivers.di on.waiters.or.jeremy.lamb.radar

is it worth it? trading away a valuable player for jeremy lamb? austin rivers? dion waiters? who??? these guys dont have allstar calibur talent, they are just solid starters waiting to happen, this team needs a LEGIT #2 OPTION, not some rookie trying to fit into the puzzle, jeremy lamb or rivers does not get you over MIAMI

just trade deng and the 29th pick to the kings for evans, end of story:cool:

blastmasta26
06-16-2012, 10:24 AM
The need for a legit second option is amplified with Rose's injury, but I don't know if a rookie is the best option.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-16-2012, 10:30 AM
The need for a legit second option is amplified with Rose's injury, but I don't know if a rookie is the best option.

exactly, i dont see the point of them getting a rookie that doesnt have as much talent as a player like tyreke evans has. id rather them go after him, and have a develop

remember, rose didnt have a jumper in his first few seasons, now he has a pretty good one, evans can develop

billsftw
06-16-2012, 10:32 AM
they need a top5 pick badly. rose is not going to be anywhere close to an elite level anymore

justinnum1
06-16-2012, 10:35 AM
They need something. As is they will ne get past miami imo. I live rivers but he might have to much of a me personality.

LGhost
06-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Keep going on about Miami but we are better than Boston and Miami barely beat Boston...

I doubt the Bulls do anything major, doubt they get rid of Noah or Deng even Taj...

superwill
06-16-2012, 10:38 AM
they need a top5 pick badly. rose is not going to be anywhere close to an elite level anymore

does steve francis ring a bell

Marques24kobe
06-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Tyreke Evans yesterday and Rivers today. Wonder who they are getting tomorrow.

YoungOne
06-16-2012, 10:49 AM
who is so dumb to give them a lottery pick for deng/asik/gibson... ?

Cal827
06-16-2012, 10:56 AM
A toast to Ilovetosuckdip, for being a new poster who actually posts decent threads :D

Chicago isn't contending next year either. Sorry Bull fans, not trying to bait, but there's no way in hell that that team can get to 100% chemistry even if Rose returns next year (who probably won't be at 100% if he does). Eventually, you are gonna have to pay those guys, or you lose years off their contracts. Might as well go for some young guys who thibs will develop and have smaller, controlled contracts, so the team cam make a big splash on the FA market if things fail a bit. Might as well call next year a wash and try to rebuild a little bit... do that Noah for Evans + 5th pick or Deng for Evans and continue on... If Evans spends the year developing his shot, imagine next year when Rose and Evans are both there. I remember when we were talking on who would be best to pair up with Rose in that Back Court and many ppl said Evans.

Rose
Evans
Deng
Boozer
Drummond

Noah Trade

Rose
Evans
???
Boozer
Noah

Deng... or deal both out, Amnesty Boozer and have fun

Rose
Evans
Barnes
???
Howard

Pipe dream, but knowing how Bipolar Howard is.. :p

D.O.N.
06-16-2012, 10:57 AM
I voted yes

CHI probably wont be able to keep Asik anyway, they're already way over the cap and Asik, showed a lot of promise, so he will get a big deal from somewehre. If they can pull a S&T for Rivers, i think they would do it.

I won't give up, taj or deng though

MagicBucsSox
06-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Dumb. Dude plays just like Rose, better shooter but soft and no D.Rose heart. Bulls need to add a shooter, damn a Rose clone. Or a PF with heart. And why break up that squad over a rookie if it ain't Davis or T-Rob

justinnum1
06-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Keep going on about Miami but we are better than Boston and Miami barely beat Boston...

I doubt the Bulls do anything major, doubt they get rid of Noah or Deng even Taj...

thats debatable, chicago is a good matchup for miami, they only have one guy that can hurt them on offense, boston has rondo who is a heat killer and pierce allen and kg are great on offense, plus boston is just as good defensivley and chicago. chicago needs to get younger and find players that are good at both offense and defense.

MagicBucsSox
06-16-2012, 11:03 AM
A toast to Ilovetosuckdip, for being a new poster who actually posts decent threads :D

Chicago isn't contending next year either. Sorry Bull fans, not trying to bait, but there's no way in hell that that team can get to 100% chemistry even if Rose returns next year (who probably won't be at 100% if he does). Eventually, you are gonna have to pay those guys, or you lose years off their contracts. Might as well go for some young guys who thibs will develop and have smaller, controlled contracts, so the team cam make a big splash on the FA market if things fail a bit. Might as well call next year a wash and try to rebuild a little bit... do that Noah for Evans + 5th pick or Deng for Evans and continue on... If Evans spends the year developing his shot, imagine next year when Rose and Evans are both there. I remember when we were talking on who would be best to pair up with Rose in that Back Court and many ppl said Evans.

Rose
Evans
Deng
Boozer
Drummond

Noah Trade

Rose
Evans
???
Boozer
Noah

Rose
Evans
Barnes
???
Howard

Dude you won't get DH w/o us getting DR1. You have no other assets

Cal827
06-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Oh wait, I forgot we are talking about Chicago.... Anyone think Jordan would deal out the number 2 pick for Asik? Cause I wouldn't put it past him lol :D

Cal827
06-16-2012, 11:05 AM

Not a Bulls fan lol.

I mean if he just decides to test the free agency market (like say Orlando goes tough with him and doesn't send him off).

I defninitely know that if he were to be S/Ted to Chicago that Rose and Noah as well as that Charlotte Pick would have to be part of the Package at the very least.

ManningToTyree
06-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Some of you guys on Rose's medical team? Lol I love how you know he will be a shell of himself. Knowing Rose and his work ethic, plus factoring in his age, I have no doubt he will return to elite status once recovered. This is coming from someone who hates the Bulls.

superwill
06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Some of you guys on Rose's medical team? Lol I love how you know he will be a shell of himself. Knowing Rose and his work ethic, plus factoring in his age, I have no doubt he will return to elite status once recovered. This is coming from someone who hates the Bulls.

yes but you have to look at players that played same way he plays and steve francis is right on the mark and i think steve was better then rose

BooCain
06-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Im am bulls fan and if i were them i would trade the bobcats future pick to the hornets for the 10th pick becuz they are looking to trade the pick and take Rivers. The hornets want more future picks to help build their team idk if we would have to trade the 29th but we may be able give them the 29th and get their 2nd rounder and take a guy like Miles Plumlee for insurance for Asik or Jared Cunningham. I do think the bulls have a plan for draft night to stay competitive also get better for when Rose returns.

HiphopRelated
06-16-2012, 11:18 AM

That's irrelevant, once Bosh returned, the dominance of the Heat returned

effen5
06-16-2012, 11:29 AM

Michael Jordan gave us their first round pick for TYRUS ****IN THOMAS :laugh:

effen5
06-16-2012, 11:30 AM
yes but you have to look at players that played same way he plays and steve francis is right on the mark and i think steve was better then rose

Rose is so much better than Francis and it's not even close.

Get outta here Steve Francis...jesus

Sadds The Gr8
06-16-2012, 11:31 AM
he's coming to the Raps

effen5
06-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh wait, I forgot we are talking about Chicago.... Anyone think Jordan would deal out the number 2 pick for Asik? Cause I wouldn't put it past him lol :D

I'm sure Jordan would give up the 2 for Jimmy Butler.

LGhost
06-16-2012, 11:45 AM
thats debatable, chicago is a good matchup for miami, they only have one guy that can hurt them on offense, boston has rondo who is a heat killer and pierce allen and kg are great on offense, plus boston is just as good defensivley and chicago. chicago needs to get younger and find players that are good at both offense and defense.

Rebounding . . .

And players that are good at both defense and offense are considered superstars and not many teams can have that luxury, they build the old fashion way, called mixing it up (see 2011 champs). There is only one team in the NBA that can or at least does promise NBA rings and barely beating a Rondo\Garnett duo is hardly promising.

So you think Austin Rivers is good at both offense & defense? Is Tyreke good at both offense and defense? Just because a player can dribble the ball doesn't make him a good offensive player or "play maker"

I'll take either but not at the expense of Taj\Deng\Noah

superwill
06-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Rose is so much better than Francis and it's not even close.

Get outta here Steve Francis...jesus

before steve francis got hurt their numbers were similar and so was the way they palyed and steve francis played in the west and he was a better rebounder 7 a game one year he was just as explosive as rose....but i understand you are a bulls fan

LGhost
06-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Rose will be back to superstar status one way or the other, with his mentality, he demands respect

That's irrelevant, once Bosh returned, the dominance of the Heat returned

Don't underestimate Bradley, that was Rondo's main guy on offense - major hit for the Celtics

JoeDirt05
06-16-2012, 11:57 AM

reggie miller :shrug:

Badluck33
06-16-2012, 12:26 PM

lol

BHF
06-16-2012, 12:29 PM

its always some stupid trade ideas like Asik and Dang for Howard and the pick or something stupid like that

koreancabbage
06-16-2012, 12:36 PM
before steve francis got hurt their numbers were similar and so was the way they palyed and steve francis played in the west and he was a better rebounder 7 a game one year he was just as explosive as rose....but i understand you are a bulls fan

21- 7 rebs- 6 assists is pretty huge numbers from a PG.

yaswaggin
06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
lol

Noah- Not worth a lottery pick or tyreke evans, or in a package for dwight.

Pros: Very good rebounder, defender, hustler

Cons: Doesn't have a very good offensive game, many of his points come from hustling/putbacks, this can also be a pro since you don't have to include him in your offensive gameplan and he'll still give you 10 points a game. He also has a pretty big contract.

Deng- Tradable for a 10-15 range pick, outside the lottery.

Pros: Very good defender, athletic, excellent on fast breaks, good shooter.

Cons: Can't create his own shot, big contract, only a 3rd option.

Boozer- Untradable

Pros- great rebounder, good post game, fadeaway,

Cons- Soft big man, consistently doesn't show up in big games, injury prone, HORRIBLE contract.

Asik- Most likely gone, but he's not much more than a decent rotational player, but someone will offer him a starter's contract and chicago won't match for good reason.

So basically the Bulls's obviously best trading chip is rose, but no way in hell would they trade him.

After that, Deng MIGHT net you a lottery pick if a team like GS who is desperate for a decent SF pulls the trigger.

The Noah for the 5th pick and Tyreke rumors are RIDICULOUS. first off, the kings have a much better center in demarcus cousins and they may be shopping tyreke, but are most likely keeping him since there is still some hope he will improve his jumper.

Losoway
06-16-2012, 12:55 PM
bulls should do it ...rose isnt returning until probably next march

DR_1
06-16-2012, 03:42 PM

:laugh:

Missing56&33
06-16-2012, 03:51 PM
I hope no top 10 draft team is willing to part with their pick for a reserve Bull player.....send Rose.

LGhost
06-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Rose for Austin Rivers? Sounds like a plan

watchusmokinfool

Monta is beast
06-16-2012, 06:52 PM
How long is Deng out for?

I would give up the 7th pick & Jefferson for Deng & Asik.

billsftw
06-16-2012, 06:56 PM

the people who think they could get dwight howard with that combo as well...

billsftw
06-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Rose will be back to superstar status one way or the other, with his mentality, he demands respect

Don't underestimate Bradley, that was Rondo's main guy on offense - major hit for the Celtics

first he needs better teammates
then he needs to get back on a court again
then he needs to start playing at a high level again

he'll get 1/3; guess which one :)

topdog
06-16-2012, 06:59 PM
It depends upon who you're giving up and what your getting. Factor in that it is a quality draft for wings who can shoot/score and that next season will be difficult without Rose anyway and it makes sense.

billsftw
06-16-2012, 06:59 PM
:laugh:

whats so funny? i doubt you even know what the acl is...
and don't just recite 'anterior cruciate ligament' either :rolleyes:

Rivera
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM
i hate the pairing of austin rivers and derrick rose this just smells like a disaster

austin rivers needs the ball

fadedmario
06-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Would be a good fit. I'm one of the few on here that like Rivers. He'll be good. Reminds me of Stephen Curry.

Ezio
06-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I hope no top 10 draft team is willing to part with their pick for a reserve Bull player.....send Rose.

How long is Deng out for?

I would give up the 7th pick & Jefferson for Deng & Asik.

This guy would.
Oh and Deng is probably out for 2 months but who knows depends how long he stays in London.

the people who think they could get dwight howard with that combo as well...

The combo is Noah/Asik/Brewer/pick/Cat pick.

David West.
So I guess Rose/Rubio/Shump should retire. :shrug:

TylerSL
06-16-2012, 10:52 PM
wait, I said no, cuz I thought it was trade ALL of Asik, Deng, and Gibson. I say send Deng to Portland for the #11 pick to jump the Suns at #13 and get Austin Rivers. The Suns wont trade their pick, and are hoping Rivers is available at #13. Obviously he will be unless somebody moves up. I could see Portland agreeing to a Deng/#11 pick swap.

kozelkid
06-16-2012, 11:00 PM

What a load of crap. Clearly you know nothing about ACL injuries and their recovery rates these days.

kozelkid
06-16-2012, 11:04 PM

Clearly you don't either if you think ACL has to do with a player regaining his previous explosiveness. An ACL CONNECTS bones. It has nothing to do with a player's previous explosiveness. As long as it recovers properly (and it DOES have like a 90% chance recovery these days), Rose will be fine in roughly 14 months or so.

kozelkid
06-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh and no thanks on the Rivers rumor. He isn't worth trading a Deng. Now if Bulls look to trade up for a mid lotto pick for say a Lamb, Barnes or Sullinger, then I'm more interested.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Clearly you don't either if you think ACL has to do with a player regaining his previous explosiveness. An ACL CONNECTS bones. It has nothing to do with a player's previous explosiveness. As long as it recovers properly (and it DOES have like a 90% chance recovery these days), Rose will be fine in roughly 14 months or so.

Actually this is 100% wrong. ACL injuries can and do effect ones athletic ability post-surgery. It depends how it heals and how the cartilage is affected. The knee loses flexibility and knee muscles and thigh muscles go through atrophy. It is recommended not to play sports for 6 months afterwards either because you can get some sort of joint disease, cant remember the technical term.

Luckily for Rose and the Bulls, with time you can get close to 100% range in motion and ability back. And the chances for a repeat tear is as low as 5%.

DR_1
06-16-2012, 11:19 PM

:facepalm:

DR_1
06-16-2012, 11:21 PM

Clearly you have no idea how good the recovery methods are now

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 11:22 PM

What assets do the Bulls have outside of a 100% rose for Howard?

TylerSL
06-16-2012, 11:23 PM

bulls arent getting Howard.........

DR_1
06-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Bulls would get Dwight if he wanted to win.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 11:32 PM

That makes no sense.......the Bulls would have to trade for him. What assets do they have to make a push for Howard?

justinnum1
06-16-2012, 11:35 PM

He does want to win, just not in chicago.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 11:37 PM

Dwight even said he is not interested in Chicago.

lavell12
06-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Austin Rivers has star potential and he is going to be good in big games b/c he has a will to win. Only problem is sometimes he is a little selfish but not in a bad way, like he wants points he is selfish b/c he wants Ws.

TylerSL
06-16-2012, 11:56 PM

if Howard wanted to win he would go to one of the Lakers, Mavericks, Nets, or Celtics. Obviously he wouldnt win right away with either Dallas or Brooklyn, but anybody can build a team around D-Will and Howard. And Dallas is Dallas, Cuban always builds a winner.

DeyAce
06-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Would be a good fit. I'm one of the few on here that like Rivers. He'll be good. Reminds me of Stephen Curry.

Couldn't Agree More. I hope the Bulls can somehow pull it off

BlinkManJan02
06-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Seriously?

DeyAce
06-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Austin Rivers has star potential and he is going to be good in big games b/c he has a will to win. Only problem is sometimes he is a little selfish but not in a bad way, like he wants points he is selfish b/c he wants Ws.

That's why I see Thibs as the perfect coach for him.

AddiX
06-17-2012, 12:59 AM
Bulls have to do something, they've already peaked with there current roster.

ichitownclowni
06-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Bulls have to do something, they've already peaked with there current roster.

Sadly as a Bulls fan..................I think your right :(

kozelkid
06-17-2012, 01:24 AM
Actually this is 100% wrong. ACL injuries can and do effect ones athletic ability post-surgery. It depends how it heals and how the cartilage is affected. The knee loses flexibility and knee muscles and thigh muscles go through atrophy. It is recommended not to play sports for 6 months afterwards either because you can get some sort of joint disease, cant remember the technical term.

Luckily for Rose and the Bulls, with time you can get close to 100% range in motion and ability back. And the chances for a repeat tear is as low as 5%.

Well no ****. Hence I said roughly 14 months after recovery and assuming all goes well.

So no; read the post more carefully next time.

Sir Buckets
06-17-2012, 01:42 AM
No, he cares more about marketing, his ego, and other stupid **** as evidenced by Chicago not even being on his "list"

Champology
06-17-2012, 05:52 AM

Steve was better than Rose? At what, Chess?....Francis tore his Quad (the major mucle in the leg) at age 30....big difference in injury and AGE of injury...Rose will be fine in 2013, next year season 80% come March.

Champology
06-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Sadly as a Bulls fan..................I think your right :(

Agree, but do Gar/Pax have the balls to do SOMETHING? History says No, which sux, GO BEARS!

Unrequited
06-17-2012, 05:56 AM
just sign brandon roy :D

ThePooH_1_
06-17-2012, 07:57 AM
People are going crazy just becouse we didn't make the Finals this year... Come on man, with a healthy squad we would have gone very deep in the Playoffs. I mean we had the best defense and with a healthy Rose we CAN beat the Heat. This Team has an incredible chemistry, why should we get rid of it just becouse we got one unlucky year.. :rolleyes:

ichitownclowni
06-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Austin Rivers would spark this team. He is young and has a family history in the NBA.

BullsFTW
06-17-2012, 08:25 AM

i've been following up on rose thoroughly. unless you know something about rose that i don't know. all i know is that his surgery was successful and he's been doing great on his rehab, plus his work ethic, i believe he'll be fine.

BcEuAbRsS
06-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Let me make this clear... Asik is a restricted free agent and can NOT recieve more than the mini MLE from any team and Bulls will undoubtedly match that... The only way Asik is not a Bull is if he traded...

FriedTofuz
06-17-2012, 09:20 AM
8th pick for Loul deng + the 29th. Toronto can absorb dengs huge contract.The 8th pick can definatly draft rivers or waiters, and its in the position where it can potentialy draft lamb if he falls a few spots

davidfox11
06-17-2012, 09:20 AM
i would rather trade the number 29 and the bobcats pick to move up and get beal out of florida

FriedTofuz
06-17-2012, 09:21 AM
and rivers plays no defense, i wonder how he would do in thibs system

nycericanguy
06-17-2012, 09:21 AM
People are going crazy just becouse we didn't make the Finals this year... Come on man, with a healthy squad we would have gone very deep in the Playoffs. I mean we had the best defense and with a healthy Rose we CAN beat the Heat. This Team has an incredible chemistry, why should we get rid of it just becouse we got one unlucky year.. :rolleyes:

theres nothing to base that on, MIA took out CHI pretty quickly and CHI was healthy.

Even a completely depleted Knicks team took MIA to 5 games, thats nothing to get excited about.

CHI needs to make a high risk/high reward move. They have peaked IMO. If they can get a lottery pick for Deng I do it in a heartbeat. Deng is a nice player, but he makes $13m per... almost as much as Lebron... and he's injured and has peaked and he's not a legit #2 option.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-17-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't understand Bulls fans, Rose got hurt in what March or April??
If the recovery time is 12-14 months then he is practically going to miss the whole season unless he rushes back and takes the risk of hampering his future.
Unless you guys think you can squeak into the playoffs and get Rose back for the playoffs what are you guys hoping for?? Just confused thats all

justinnum1
06-17-2012, 11:40 AM
If the recovery time is 12-14 months then he is practically going to miss the whole season unless he rushes back and takes the risk of hampering his future.
Unless you guys think you can squeak into the playoffs and get Rose back for the playoffs what are you guys hoping for?? Just confused thats all

they will probably rush him back again

kozelkid
06-17-2012, 11:40 AM

More than a mediocre player like Rivers.

kozelkid
06-17-2012, 11:44 AM

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Rose was not rushed back in when he hurt his ACL. It was a fluke.

Why the hell would any team rush a player back after a ****ing ACL tear? That might be one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-17-2012, 11:52 AM
More than a mediocre player like Rivers.

Ya but atleast you get a top ranked rookie and develop him for a year then when Rose comes back let them gain chemistry and who knows what kinda duo they can form.
Personally I think Beal or Lamb should be your pick if anything but Rivers isn't bad either because he's a combo guard can start at PG for you and Rip can play SG for this year.

I Rock Shaqs
06-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Lol if Mike Woodson got JR Smith to play defense im pretty sure TOm Thibideau or however u spell it can get Austin Rivers to play D.

kozelkid
06-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Ya but atleast you get a top ranked rookie and develop him for a year then when Rose comes back let them gain chemistry and who knows what kinda duo they can form.
Personally I think Beal or Lamb should be your pick if anything but Rivers isn't bad either because he's a combo guard can start at PG for you and Rip can play SG for this year.

He's not a top ranked prospect. Majority of the Bulls forum is for trading Deng with some similar combination to get a mid lotto prospect like Barnes, Sullinger or Lamb due to financial flexibility they'd provide in their rookie contracts as well as youth and lack of injury history. Rivers isn't near the same prospect as any of the three. At best, we're looking at a poor man's Jason Terry. No thanks.

felixng2012
06-17-2012, 12:00 PM

Heat didn't have Bosh which was huge. No matter what the Bulls do I don't see them competing until Rose gets back anyway.

thekmp211
06-17-2012, 12:09 PM
evans would be an interesting fit. i see where this is going but... no rivers for this team. not a good fit.

justinnum1
06-17-2012, 12:11 PM
evans would be an interesting fit. i see where this is going but... no rivers for this team. not a good fit.

I hope the bulls get evans.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2012, 12:30 PM

He would give them scoring, he can create his own shot he needs to improve moving without the ball, would not be bad for them

JordansBulls
06-17-2012, 12:35 PM

That is because you know he would set us back.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2012, 12:57 PM
what do bulls fans think of loul deng + asik or 29th pick for the 8th pick?

DeyAce
06-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Give us Calderon or Ed Davis in that deal

DeyAce
06-17-2012, 01:39 PM
theres nothing to base that on, MIA took out CHI pretty quickly and CHI was healthy.

Even a completely depleted Knicks team took MIA to 5 games, thats nothing to get excited about.

CHI needs to make a high risk/high reward move. They have peaked IMO. If they can get a lottery pick for Deng I do it in a heartbeat. Deng is a nice player, but he makes $13m per... almost as much as Lebron... and he's injured and has peaked and he's not a legit #2 option.

Could not agree more

John Walls Era
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM

the **** would the raps do this?

ElFuturoDeESPN
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Hammond said the Bucks are still trying to line up a workout with Duke freshman Austin Rivers, considered one of the top shooting guard candidates in the draft.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-give-guards-a-workout-oq5pmdp-159324405.html

:laugh: Rivers, Ellis and Jennings would be ****-show and a half but fun as hell to watch, regardless.

chicagocubsfan
06-17-2012, 01:44 PM

I for one would not take it. I know Deng most likely won't command a top 5 pick, but he's too valuable to trade for the 8th pick.

We_need_players
06-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Pistons>Bulls

/Thread

DeyAce
06-17-2012, 01:47 PM
lol

JoeDirt05
06-17-2012, 01:50 PM
wait, I said no, cuz I thought it was trade ALL of Asik, Deng, and Gibson. I say send Deng to Portland for the #11 pick to jump the Suns at #13 and get Austin Rivers. The Suns wont trade their pick, and are hoping Rivers is available at #13. Obviously he will be unless somebody moves up. I could see Portland agreeing to a Deng/#11 pick swap.

why the hell would the blazers accept that deal we dont want deng and his horrible contract. throw in next years first since you'll end up in the lottery without rose and you got a deal

kozelkid
06-17-2012, 02:04 PM
He would give them scoring, he can create his own shot he needs to improve moving without the ball, would not be bad for them

He plays losing ball. No thanks.

dtmagnet
06-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah seriously no one wants Deng.

DeyAce
06-17-2012, 02:20 PM
He plays losing ball. No thanks.

He plays for a crap team. Put him on a contender and he'll shine.

justinnum1
06-17-2012, 02:24 PM

lol

Yanks All Day
06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Austin Rivers is going to be a good NBA player. People think he plays selfish ball because of his Duke career in comparison to Coach K's ball movement system, but in reality he just played an NBA game on a college team. He was stuck on a "bad" Duke team (if those even exist) and was clearly the only player who can create his own shot. Once he gets drafted, he'll already have one of the quickest first/jab steps in the league and shoots surprising well for how bad his form is. Not to mention he's very athletic and clearly dedicated to the game, so he can be molded into a good defensive player. Austin grew up around the NBA game, so he knows what it takes to succeed. Not to mention, he already has that fire and will to be the best, which is something to admire. In the right system, this kid can be really good right away and a star in the future.

BcEuAbRsS
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM

Wrong... This the franchise player... He won't touch a hardwood until he is 100% ready... I personally doubt he plays next year...

kozelkid
06-17-2012, 02:44 PM

You have no evidence to suggest that. He can't shoot and has yet to show he can play within a team without handling the ball majority of the team.

He's a poor risk.

justinnum1
06-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Wrong... This the franchise player... He won't touch a hardwood until he is 100% ready... I personally doubt he plays next year...

He shouldn't imo.

HrtHustleNMscle
06-17-2012, 03:01 PM

Rose
Evans
Deng
Boozer
Drummond

Noah Trade

Rose
Evans
???
Boozer
Noah

Rose
Evans
Barnes
???
Howard

This makes absolutely no sense, and I am not even trying to be mean.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2012, 06:38 PM
the **** would the raps do this?

Because theyre looking for an establish small forward? Deng can score, shoot, rebound and play D. He'd be perfect in D.Casey's system. The raptors are only giving up their 8th pick, which wont turn into an all star player. Deng had at least made the all star team this year.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-18-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/18/bulls.thinking.about.moving.luol.deng.high.lottery .pick

another report saying the bulls are looking to move deng, this one says it doesnt matter who is available, apparently they just want to be able to get a young guy with talent for the DENG BANG!

This rumor has been floating around in informal ways over the past few weeks, but this is our first sourced report.

The Chicago Bulls are considering exploring the option of trading Luol Deng in order to acquire a high lottery pick. The Golden State Warriors own the seventh pick, and have been linked to Deng in the past few weeks. Such a move for the Bulls would dramatically change the makeup of their roster.

According to dailyherald.com:
So why would the Bulls even think about trying to trade Luol Deng for a high draft pick?

That does appear to be one of the strategies under consideration right now, league sources confirmed. A draft camp meeting with North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes was mentioned on the team’s website, but there’s probably no single target.

time for jimmy butler?

King41
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM

this
and who in the world will gief them a high lottery pick ..

zB_#85
06-18-2012, 12:30 PM
good for them if they can move up. Won't be easy though. I am curious how Rose and Rivers would work out together though. Might not be enough ball to go around.

If they could somehow pull this off, NBA needs to watchout in a few year though. Add lottery talent this year (even if Rivers doesn't work in the long run with Rose, he could be a valuable trade asset) then you have to expect them to be pretty bad this year without Rose playing which could put them back in the lottery again the following year. Then bring back Rose with the acquired young talent and arguably the best coach in the league to help develop those youngsters...

Ilovetosuckdip
06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
rather than make a new thread for this, we have a minor update:

Per the NBA rumor mill, the Chicago Bulls are entertaining giving up Luol Deng to get into the NBA draft lottery. According to sources, Golden State hasn’t talked with Chicago about Deng yet. But Deng is on the Warriors’ short list of veteran small forwards they’d be interested in. Chicago would have to take some of the Warriors’ baggage in return, such as Richard Jefferson or Andris Biedrins, along with the No. 7 pick. The Bulls may get better offers. Trade talks, from the Warriors end, have been fairly slow. But things won’t pick up in earnest anyway until next week, as the June 28 draft nears. Contra Costa Times

i am not for this, its enough to give him up with the uncertainty of who is there at #7, but now they would want the bulls to take back jefferson or beidrins? both of whom have 3+ more years of contract? no thanks, id rather them trade him to NOLA for the #10 pick

waveycrockett
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
does steve francis ring a bell

steve francis got fatter and fatter every season and never developed a jumper. Cant put him and rose in the same sentence.

YOLO
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
He shouldn't imo.

are all your posts just based on opinion and/or just to make your viewpoint on a subject look good? iv seen you bash westbrook when the the thunder are playing the heat then praise westbrook when he is compared to rose...

justinnum1
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM
are all your posts just based on opinion and/or just to make your viewpoint on a subject look good? iv seen you bash westbrook when the the thunder are playing the heat then praise westbrook when he is compared to rose...

I will bash him when he plays like **** and praise him when he plays well. Anything else?

theheatles
06-21-2012, 06:15 PM
i heard they are trading deng and gibson for bj mullens and the 2nd pick

Raps18-19 Champ
06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Trade Luol Deng for the 7th and Dorell Wright.

Davis
Robinson
Beal
Barnes
MKG
Lilliard
Lamb/Rivers(to the Bulls)
Drummond

gilly
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Trade the 29th and the Charlotte pick for a high pick this year and get Rivers, Barnes, a scorer of some description. That way they just add a nice piece and lose nothing of note.

Ilovetosuckdip
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
i heard they are trading deng and gibson for bj mullens and the 2nd pick

wld be nice if you had a source

who wants to bet he either says " i heard it from a friend", i made it up, or he just doesnt respond