PDA

View Full Version : Report: Friends are concerned about LeBron James & the people controlling his life

Fresno
06-15-2012, 11:55 PM
The circle is different now. Carter is still head of Team LeBron, which also includes childhood friends Randy Mims, Rich Paul, the agent Leon Rose and William Wesley, "Worldwide Wes," friend to the stars.

"You can only be what you're surrounded by," Dennis says. "You don't have a strong male figure in your life, what happens?

"The Decision? There's no way that would have happened if he had a dad. Things would have never been formulated like that."

They both openly root for LeBron to win his first title, but Dennis worries for him. He wonders if the people that surround him now would ever allow LeBron to have a real spiritual component in his life if they truly believe in a higher power that doesn't wear No. 6 on the back of his Heat jersey.

"I doubt it; look who he's surrounded by," he said. "I wonder how much he really controls now or if he's just being led around by people who compartmentalize other people in his life to make sure they don't get too close to him anymore because they think that makes them less valuable to him. I've been put in a certain box. Frankie's been put in a certain box. A lot of people who helped him growing up are like that now.

"Sometimes, I think it's almost a Michael Jackson thing where he's this adult being treated like a child by all the people around him who make sure he doesn't grow up and become all that he could."

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/how-did-james-become-the-villain/416ce71e2c71117bebe852ccf8c9626f

Those are some harsh words considering they were the ones who helped raise him and keep him grounded.

I wonder when he'll get his life together.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Great article.

FachoinaNYY
06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Wtf is this?

dnewguy
06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Cool story bro.

raiderposting
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Cool story bro.

cool story bro, u mad?, and the copying of posts are the three worst things on psd other than the lebron hate. and im sure ill get replied with a cool story bro, a u mad?, and someone copying my post in this thread.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Wtf is this?

Its an article. News media writes them. Crazy.....I know.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:08 AM
cool story bro, u mad?, and the copying of posts are the three worst things on psd other than the lebron hate. and im sure ill get replied with a cool story bro, a u mad?, and someone copying my post in this thread.

he mad

Slug3
06-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Why is this coming out of Michigan?

John Walls Era
06-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Poor Lebron?

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Why is this coming out of Michigan?

Read the article.

"The Washington Post News Service with Bloomberg News

(c) 2012, The Washington Post."

raiderposting
06-16-2012, 12:13 AM
he mad

:mad::bang::guns::catfight:

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:14 AM
:mad::bang::guns::catfight:

he irate?

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Poor Lebron?

We've known for awhile now that he has the wrong people in his ear.

Gone are the days when NBA players played basketball & went home to their wife & kids.

Now every kid with basketball potential as young as 12 have "handlers" who are making all the decisions for them & LeBron is the biggest example of it.

gotoHcarolina52
06-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Etes-vous du?

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 12:22 AM
LeBron is making the right decisions now. He is getting help from sports psychologists and even reading books to stay focused on positive things. This article would be more credible if LeBron was going back to his old ways but I see a "new LeBron." I've seen him grow as a person and as a player and don't think he is being led by any one.

PleaseBeNice
06-16-2012, 12:22 AM
LBJ MVP. I will always root for this dude, unless he goes to the Lakers

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:23 AM
We've known for awhile now that he has the wrong people in his ear.

Gone are the days when NBA players played basketball & went home to their wife & kids.

Now every kid with basketball potential as young as 12 have "handlers" who are making all the decisions for them & LeBron is the biggest example of it.

It is sort of sad. You can tell that he just wants to play ball and enjoy himself. He survived growing up in poverty and did it without making dumb mistakes. He now is a good father, takes care of his family, doesn't get arrested, isn't getting in bar fights, continued his education, makes smart business decisions. Yet he is treated worse that players that cheated on their SAT's to get ahead and go to college, players that are rapists, and players who walk on the court pretending to be thugs.

Doesn't makes sense.

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:29 AM
It is sort of sad. You can tell that he just wants to play ball and enjoy himself. He survived growing up in poverty and did it without making dumb mistakes. He now is a good father, takes care of his family, doesn't get arrested, isn't getting in bar fights, continued his education, makes smart business decisions. Yet he is treated worse that players that cheated on their SAT's to get ahead and go to college, players that are rapists, and players who walk on the court pretending to be thugs.

Doesn't makes sense.

True. But notice the shift in his demeanor after the 2007-2008 season, everything has gone downhill since then as far as how people perceive him. Thats right around the time when these guys in the article were phazed out of his inner circle to keep him grounded/humble.

Now he is a "villain" and people not only are rooting for him to fail but are going to come up with all sorts of reasons to not give him his due respect if the Heat do win the Championship.

Its pretty sad, but he can change things and make it right.

Knowledge
06-16-2012, 12:55 AM
First off I will admit to not reading the article but I feel it will be a waste of time. You're talking about 1 of the premere athletes in all of sports who hasn't been involved in much trouble or controversy, outside of "The Decision", during his time in the limelight. Not only that, but he has been a successful businessman too and has transformed his name into a enterprise on its own.

If he was getting in a lot more off the court trouble I might take this article more seriously. One of his first moves when becoming successful was seeking out advice from Warren Buffet and getting his closest friends college educations so that they could help run his businesses. How much of a bad decision maker could he be?

ThunderousDemon
06-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Wtf is this?

:( You can't read more than a couple of sentences?

ThunderousDemon
06-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Poor Lebron?

Rhetorical question?

ThunderousDemon
06-16-2012, 01:04 AM
LBJ MVP. I will always root for this dude, unless he goes to the Lakers

:dance: Hater

naps
06-16-2012, 01:08 AM
They sound mad. LeBron knows better than everyone else who he needs to be surrounded by. People act like they sit inside LeBron's head and know everything goes on in his mind and surrounding. Crazy!