PDA

View Full Version : Should steroids be legal?

oakland2002
06-15-2012, 11:24 PM
This might sound dumb... But imagine mlb if every player was on steroids. It would be so fun to watch. It would attract so many more people and stop the stereotypical "boring" idea of baseball. Besides, some people take it anyway, why not make it legal? I know its cheating but when people go to games they like fun, high scoring games with lots of homeruns. Im sure most of you are gonna say no, but just think about it for a little. Its just a thought... It would probably never happen though.
I'm not saying I want there to be steroids, i just want tohear opinions

06-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Canseco, is that you?

TrueYankee
06-15-2012, 11:28 PM
I like pitching duels, low-scoring games. I also like to see players perform well based on their talent, not some drug. If you need steroids to hit a home run, you are not talented. Just pathetic.

jlohm1
06-15-2012, 11:28 PM
your reason because "most do it anyway" is not a very good argument.

but... no.

Lakeshow24KB
06-15-2012, 11:32 PM
No. Never. Ever. For any sport. Becuse then any player with hand eye coordination can play the game.

Cracka2HI!
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Yes they should. It's not the top level of competition without them. The only thing I would want is for there to be some way for kids not to take them. That's the only problem. I don't think steroids and PED's are that unhealthy for a 23 year old man. They would be a lot safer if they were legal. Doctors can prescribe them so how bad can they be? LOL! I would hate to think what it would do to kids. I would love to see MLB with PED's being legal tho!

Ill21
06-15-2012, 11:37 PM
So Manny gets released and then creates an account on PSD?

rocket
06-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok A-Rod we know your not going to get 50 hr's this year...

oakland2002
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Ok A-Rod we know your not going to get 50 hr's this year...

Actually I hate A-Rod. Nice try

More-Than-Most
06-15-2012, 11:42 PM
No but baseball had insane popularity with the Maguire/Sosa stuff

oakland2002
06-15-2012, 11:46 PM
No but baseball had insane popularity with the Maguire/Sosa stuff

Exactly. And baseball is striking out with fans... We need to start selling out all stadiums

7chuck7
06-15-2012, 11:56 PM
This might sound dumb... But imagine mlb if every player was on steroids. It would be so fun to watch. It would attract so many more people and stop the stereotypical "boring" idea of baseball. Besides, some people take it anyway, why not make it legal? I know its cheating but when people go to games they like fun, high scoring games with lots of homeruns. Im sure most of you are gonna say no, but just think about it for a little. Its just a thought... It would probably never happen though.

Makes sense to me. Great idea. On the other hand hockey has way to much action. Can't they slow it down? You barely can follow the stupid puck.
I think they should do a little heroin before each period. Give the fans a chance to see what is going on in the game. We need to sell these arenas out. I am sure you are gonna say no, but just think about it for a little. It's just a thought...it would probably never happen though.

Fly
06-15-2012, 11:57 PM
I guess watching the Athletics' offense will make you wish for this kind of thing.

metswon69
06-16-2012, 12:10 AM
I guess watching the Athletics' offense will make you wish for this kind of thing.

Lol...

No, most baseball tradionalists like the pitching and this is an exciting time for baseball as the rise of the pitcher comes back.

Steroids cheapen the game because the inflated stats they are attaining are synthetically produced. It does a disservice to the players who accomplished these great stats more naturally than the guys from the steroid era. Not to mention long term steroid use has mental and physical side effects which follow these athletes after their playing careers are over

No one should advocate a drug that can kill you as a solution to the game being too "boring" compared to the way it was in 1998.

If you want to address the "supposed" attendance issues in baseball do something about the price of tickets, concessions, parking, and parity and you will have much more interest.

Wrench
06-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Exactly. And baseball is striking out with fans... We need to start selling out all stadiums

Attendance is up over last season, what are you talking about?

LASportsFan1996
06-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Naw, I Like The Player's Using Real Talent...

PhillyFaninLA
06-16-2012, 04:17 AM
One of the risks of steroid abuse is weakening of joints, so you are talking about more knee, hip, elbow, shoulder, etc injuries

You also run the highly likely result of liver toxicity, higher blood pressure and cholesterol, cardiovascular problems, and neurological problems.

I think steroids are great for healing (the proper steroid for the injury). To take in large amounts is basically suicide. So creating a system in which abuse would become likely is going to literally kill people over time by destroying key systems of the body, this is medical fact not opinion.

Now properly administered HGH is another story but doesn't have the same effect as steroids but isn't likely to be abused and can still aid the body without nearly as many or as dangerous of side effects.

RaiderKid318
06-16-2012, 04:18 AM

Don't think he knows.

As for the thread, no. That means anyone could play in the pros if they have good vision and solid hand-to-eye coordination. Not fun at all if "fans" want high scoring games all day everyday they can go buy a PS3 and play against their friends. Otherwise, they are not real fans of the game.

roylikeswaffles
06-16-2012, 05:36 AM
I've always wondered what a Chapman v. Bonds duel would look like. Git er done Bud!

STL Don
06-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Da ****

oakland2002
06-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Since 2005, we had a 12% decrease in attendance. So what are YOU talking about?

ManningToTyree
06-16-2012, 10:54 AM
No

fadedmario
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Let the players take amphetamine again. They used to do it. All of them, long before the steroid era.

We let the players start taking greenies and all the numbers go up.

Chazm
06-16-2012, 05:55 PM
One of the risks of steroid abuse is weakening of joints, so you are talking about more knee, hip, elbow, shoulder, etc injuries

You also run the highly likely result of liver toxicity, higher blood pressure and cholesterol, cardiovascular problems, and neurological problems.

I think steroids are great for healing (the proper steroid for the injury). To take in large amounts is basically suicide. So creating a system in which abuse would become likely is going to literally kill people over time by destroying key systems of the body, this is medical fact not opinion.

Now properly administered HGH is another story but doesn't have the same effect as steroids but isn't likely to be abused and can still aid the body without nearly as many or as dangerous of side effects.

Steroids taken properly are perfectly fine. I'm on week 10 of a 16 week cycle and I will take 16 weeks off right after my PCT. You are right about age being a issue. I feel you should be no younger than 25. I'm 32
There are always idiots who abuse substances. The luxury we have these days is the Internet. You can check out isteroids.com and look at forums just like PSD and get real education about aas.

j11430
06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Ok I might sound crazy, but I think they should allow it. In all sports, not just baseball. There are a couple of reasons why, let me explain.

1. A lot of players already do. I know not many are caught, but I think it's safe to assume that many players use steroids in some capacity.

2. The players that would use them if they were legal are probably already using them while they're illegal. Most guys in the MLB, or any other league, are smart enough to realize the dangers of using steroids and stay away from it, but there are the guys that ignore it and use anyway and those would be the guys that would continue to use them anyway.

3. The best players are still going to be great. Guys like Albert Pujols who don't use steroids are still going to be great power hitters. Making steroids legal will just make more power hitters, and will probably make the game more exciting.

I'm assuming this is probably an unpopular opinion, but that's how I view sports. If guys want to do long term damage to their bodies, that's their choice. I just like sports

Ray_R
06-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Yes. Here is the proof why. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgopPV3a8wM)

fadedmario
06-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Steroids taken properly are perfectly fine. I'm on week 10 of a 16 week cycle and I will take 16 weeks off right after my PCT. You are right about age being a issue. I feel you should be no younger than 25. I'm 32
There are always idiots who abuse substances. The luxury we have these days is the Internet. You can check out isteroids.com and look at forums just like PSD and get real education about aas.

When you quit taking steroids - it is really hard on the mind*. Depression usually follows in about 90% of people when they get off the juice.

Vandelay16
06-16-2012, 06:27 PM
No/thread.

Arch Stanton
06-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Steroids should be legal for markets that can't afford to play their players the price that bigger markets can.

Stress
06-16-2012, 06:43 PM
They might as well be.
Braun got away with murder.

GrumpyOldMan
06-16-2012, 07:28 PM
My issue isn't so much with grown men doing what they have to do to gain an advantage. That's been going on in some way shape or form forever. My problem with this is the kids trying to get drafted at 16 years old using them incorrectly. I don't think MLB wants that on their conscience.

UaWilcat23
06-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Four Words-Junior Seau, steroid rage

UaWilcat23
06-16-2012, 07:48 PM
I get what youre saying but actually these past 8 years have been the best years ever for attendance in the mlb. The nba is the one thats hurting, their numbers have continued to decline. Look at this http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Chazm
06-16-2012, 08:00 PM

When you quit taking steroids - it is really hard on the mind*. Depression usually follows in about 90% of people when they get off the juice.

Where do you come up with this number? 74.24% of stats like this are made up. :)

I do believe that some do get depressed, especially if they are prone to depression prior to steroids.
I didn't get depressed and anyone considering taking AAS should do proper research prior to starting a cycle and make sure you get proper PCT!

ramfan63074
06-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I think there is a correct way to use steroids and an incorrect way of using them. To use them just to get bigger is the wrong way the correct way is to help a player comming back from an injury.

MetsFanatic19
06-17-2012, 01:57 AM
no no no no no no no no no

Randy West
06-17-2012, 02:09 AM
They are legal with a dr's scrip.

NSJ
06-17-2012, 02:37 AM
lol this is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever seen on here..and that's saying a lot. Doesn't it seem immoral to some of you to let athletes juice up and cause a detriment to their health for people's entertainment? For people to actually sit there and say roids are ok because doctors prescribe them is ridiculous. I'm not going to go in to it why doctors prescribe steroids, but they're definitely not given to perfectly healthy athletes. No, they shouldn't be legal... If they were legal than we would just end up at the same place we are at now with more productive numbers. If everyone took them than the best athletes would just produce more and the lesser athletes would be at the same level; while both would be at greater risk for developing health issues in the future.

Wrench
06-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Since 2005, we had a 12% decrease in attendance. So what are YOU talking about?

A huge chunk of that was due to the economy, all that maters is the fact they are going up.

JWO35
06-17-2012, 10:24 AM
"Yes"

-Barry Bonds

theslick1
06-17-2012, 10:27 AM
lol this is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever seen on here..and that's saying a lot. Doesn't it seem immoral to some of you to let athletes juice up and cause a detriment to their health for people's entertainment? For people to actually sit there and say roids are ok because doctors prescribe them is ridiculous. I'm not going to go in to it why doctors prescribe steroids, but they're definitely not given to perfectly healthy athletes. No, they shouldn't be legal... If they were legal than we would just end up at the same place we are at now with more productive numbers. If everyone took them than the best athletes would just produce more and the lesser athletes would be at the same level; while both would be at greater risk for developing health issues in the future.

:clap: Well said.

If MLB players are going to be bulked up from steroid usage, how are minor leaguers ever going to cut it unless they too are bulked up the same way? And if a minor leaguer thinks he has to use steroids in order to have a shot at MLB, college kids and high school kids are going to figure out that they too need to take the same route in order to have a shot at the minor leagues. What's next? Companies start promoting "children's steroids" the same way they promote "children's aspirin"?

ne3xchamps
06-17-2012, 11:25 AM
It would make games more interesting. The McGwire/Sosa HR race had the attention of A LOT of people in this country. Hardly anyone wants to see a 1-0 game pitching duel, that's why people lose interest in baseball, like I am. Let 'em juice.

mark1125
06-17-2012, 01:17 PM
No way. Basically it is approving people creating long term health risks while at the same time telling kids "If you want to make it in the pros, you better start juicing". Yeah.....great idea.

2-ONE-5
06-17-2012, 01:30 PM

probably wasnt needed there. it will never happen. if u think baseball is broing bcuz of a lack of homeruns you prob arent much of a fan anyway

Pinstripe pride
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

theslick1
06-18-2012, 09:56 AM
It would make games more interesting. The McGwire/Sosa HR race had the attention of A LOT of people in this country. Hardly anyone wants to see a 1-0 game pitching duel, that's why people lose interest in baseball, like I am. Let 'em juice.

Great reason for athletes to put their bodies and lives at risk.

Zaunnie
06-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I always figured that if someone were stupid enough to want to take a drug that shrinks your junk, then they should be allowed to do it :flag:

getfoul
06-18-2012, 10:17 AM

Go away. You have no idea what you're talking about.

slugger82685
06-19-2012, 01:32 AM

you are right, it is dumb

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Nah.

Pinstripe pride
06-19-2012, 08:03 AM

agree to disagree on that one

natelpete
06-19-2012, 08:48 AM
The only reason I think steroids should be banned in sports is cometetive advantage. You should not feel the need to take a substance that has the possiblily to adversely affect your health in order to stay at a baseline level in sports.

LechWalesa
06-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Ok I might sound crazy, but I think they should allow it. In all sports, not just baseball. There are a couple of reasons why, let me explain.

1. A lot of players already do. I know not many are caught, but I think it's safe to assume that many players use steroids in some capacity.

2. The players that would use them if they were legal are probably already using them while they're illegal. Most guys in the MLB, or any other league, are smart enough to realize the dangers of using steroids and stay away from it, but there are the guys that ignore it and use anyway and those would be the guys that would continue to use them anyway.

3. The best players are still going to be great. Guys like Albert Pujols who don't use steroids are still going to be great power hitters. Making steroids legal will just make more power hitters, and will probably make the game more exciting.

I'm assuming this is probably an unpopular opinion, but that's how I view sports. If guys want to do long term damage to their bodies, that's their choice. I just like sports

Well the problem is that if steroids are legal you are basically signing your own pink slip in not doing them. It's one of those things that snowballs because it gives you a competitive advantage and if you are not doing them you are automatically at a disadvantage.

natelpete
06-19-2012, 10:12 AM

Or do you mean, "haven't been caught, yet"?

SportsNY
06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
No

Chazm
06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
I always figured that if someone were stupid enough to want to take a drug that shrinks your junk, then they should be allowed to do it :flag:

What is "junk"?

nickster16301
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
All I have to say is look at some of these NFL players...the league is telling you that these early deaths have to do with concussions, when I garauntee you it steroids are a HUGE part of it. They just dont admit it cause they want to keep the 6'5 320 pounders that can run 4.4...steroids do nothing but damage your body in the long run