PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson Wouldn't Coach "Clumsy" Knicks

black1605
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Phil Jackson says he wouldn't have wanted to coach the New York Knicks -- even if the team asked.

"I wasn't gonna take that job; that's for sure," Jackson -- who won 11 championships as coach of the Bulls and Lakers -- told HBO's "Real Sports" in an interview scheduled to air Tuesday night.

He said Knicks owner James Dolan never called him about the job.

Jackson, 66, was a member of two Knicks championship teams and said he has thought about coaching in New York, but wouldn't want to lead the current team because it's "clumsy."

"They don't fit together well. (Amare) Stoudemire doesn't fit well with Carmelo (Anthony)," said Jackson, when asked to expand on "clumsy." "Stoudemire's a really good player. But he's gotta play in a certain system and a way.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8058726/phil-jackson-says-coach-clumsy-new-york-knicks-team

Ilovetosuckdip
06-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson spoke candidly about the current state of the Knicks during a television interview set to air on Tuesday, reports Michael O'Keeffe of the New York Daily News. Jackson told Andrea Kremer of "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" that he wasn't interested in coaching the Knicks and was glad that owner James Dolan never called him. While Jackson admitted coaching at the Garden is something he has definitely thought about, the former Bulls and Lakers head coach described the team's present roster as "clumsy," specifically the dynamic between the team's two best players.

"Well, they don't fit together well. (Amare) Stoudemire doesn't fit well with Carmelo. Stoudemire's a really good player. But he's gotta play in a certain system and a way. Carmelo has to be a better passer. And the ball can't stop every time it hits his hands," Jackson continued. "They need to have someone come in that can kinda blend that group together."
When pressed by Kremer about his history of being able to blend talent together, Jackson agreed with her but said it wasn't meant to be in New York. Beyond the Knicks, Jackson reminisced about how his tenure with the Lakers came to a close during the 2011 playoffs against the Mavs. His team was swept by a Dallas squad that would go on to win the NBA Finals and saw players such as Andrew Bynum display inappropriate behavior during the series.

"It was humbling," Jackson told Kremer. "Not the way I wanna see my players behave on the court. Andrew particularly took his jersey off and walked off the court in a way that was, you know, sense of arrogance. The game itself was bad enough as it went. So it-- it was kinda like-- so this is how it's gonna end, huh? This is an interesting closure to chapter of basketball."

good read?

D12 fan
06-15-2012, 09:59 PM
lmao,poor Knicks.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Well the Knicks didn't want him anyway. Who needs a good coach when you can have an interim or D'Antoni

Rndy
06-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Oh hey the same thing every single intelligent basketball mind has said already. Knicks fans didn't want to believe it but Amare and Melo are two different type of system players and won't fit together.

javsvt
06-15-2012, 10:02 PM
He's right, Amare makes this team clumsy.:clap:

BigBlueCrew
06-15-2012, 10:03 PM
This guy always needs the perfect team put together before he'll consider the job.

I wish I had his schtick in life.

justinnum1
lol

xabial
He sounds insulted Knicks never contacted him LOL. Coming Out of nowhere to Rip the Knicks Dam..

Get over yourself Jackson You may be the best coach in NBA History , But you also had Some of the Best Teams In NBA History As Well.

Too Cocky Dam.. I Guess I'd be cocky too If I had more rings than my fingers.

KnicksTape
He said the same thing any intelligent fan already knew. That's amazing. Get rid of amare.

StarvingKnick22
06-15-2012, 10:04 PM
No one in the right mind would come out of retirement to coach when you have millions. the Knicks never wanted him. and he still is knickerbocker.
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/559484394.jpg

seikou8
06-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Well the Knicks didn't want him anyway. Who needs a good coach when you can have an interim or D'Antoni

hop off our nuts damn it tastes good right

xabial
06-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Yea, But Your a Little Late :p

oak2455
06-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Phil you need Kobe and Shaq ......MJ and Scottie.....then all will be fine:)

More-Than-Most
06-15-2012, 10:06 PM
yup that is why they will never go far...Just dumb moves by the knicks...They gave up everything for Melo and then tossed a terrible contract at a guy who plays 0 defense and has bad knees. On top of that their 2 top players play 0 defense and do not fit well together.

Losoway
06-15-2012, 10:07 PM
phil jackson is so overated .. he only coachs teams that have a 98 percent chance at winning the championship already

ManRam
06-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Well, this isn't surprising.

Do we really think Phil would go and coach any team that isn't already a championship contender?

Losoway
the knicks are a good fit.. they have yet to have a full training camp together . sheesh

BigBlueCrew

this x 1000000

then he'll take job, for what Im not really sure.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:09 PM
He said the same thing any intelligent fan already knew. That's amazing. Get rid of amare.

Too bad you can't!!!!!!!!! Every team in the NBA knows he is overpaid for what he brings to the table. No one wants to eat that contract either.

LakersIn5
06-15-2012, 10:09 PM
kinda lost a lil bit of respect for phil. if he was such a good coach then why cant he make this knicks team good?

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:10 PM
kinda lost a lil bit of respect for phil. if he was such a good coach then why cant he make this knicks team good?

Because they lack that thing that coaches like. Balance. They are offense heavy and play very little defense.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Well then I suppose its a good thing that the Knicks never bothered to call.

Max.This
06-15-2012, 10:15 PM
yup but we've endured many years of star-less rosters, and I'm glad we're atleast competitive in some aspects

blastmasta26

Many coaches, even legendary ones, need a roster that fits their schemes and ideologies. Phil was never right for the Knicks, the team just doesn't have the right players. Similar to how D'Antoni's success in Phoenix wasn't replicated in NY.

seikou8
Because they lack that thing that coaches like. Balance. They are offense heavy and play very little defense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2012.html

Mr_Jones
06-15-2012, 10:24 PM
He sounds insulted Knicks never contacted him LOL. Coming Out of nowhere to Rip the Knicks Dam..

Get over yourself Jackson You may be the best coach in NBA History , But you also had Some of the Best Teams In NBA History As Well.

Too Cocky Dam.. I Guess I'd be cocky too If I had more rings than my fingers.

Lol, looks like you missed the part where HE WAS ASKED about the Knicks.

He didn't just see reporters and walk up to them and say, "Hey guys! **** the Knicks! Okay, bye!"

You dumb, bruh.

Max.This
06-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Too bad you can't!!!!!!!!! Every team in the NBA knows he is overpaid for what he brings to the table. No one wants to eat that contract either.

If Gilbert Arenas can get traded, amare can

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:26 PM

Yeah how did that end up? Fool me once........

Max.This
06-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah how did that end up? Fool me once........

So your saying its possible.

seikou8
06-15-2012, 10:29 PM
trade everyone

popo85
06-15-2012, 10:30 PM
With Amare/Lin and Melo all healthy next year they should be a good team but they need to stop running so many iso's for Melo, he and Amare should play the pick n roll game..

D12 fan
06-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't blame him for not coaching NY,Carmelo and Amare was a bad fit to begin with.If I was the knicks gm I would trade try to trade Carmelo for Dwill.Why trade Melo because nobody is taking on Amare's contract,so why not get a pg who can fit with Amare.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Phill needs a team thats championship ready for sure, I guess hes upset we never called him. I like woodson and the direction the team is going. I think its nonsense that they cant work together, Lets see how they do this year with a full tranning camp, the problem to me is there the same type of player a scorer that needs the ball in their hands, But with a pg I think they can make it work

Teeboy1487
06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Sour grapes? About Bynum, he is a prick. There is a reason alot of Laker fans want him out of town.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
With Amare/Lin and Melo all healthy next year they should be a good team but they need to stop running so many iso's for Melo, he and Amare should play the pick n roll game..

This! Run the pick and roll. Give melo some isos just not as much, We already know melo can finish games, Pick and roll run with melo to amare whos stoping it?

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM
I remember when Knicks fans were saying they had the best forward combo in the league when the Melo trade went down. lulz

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Say what you want about bynum, but he has the potential to be better then dwight

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Lol i remeber when chiago fans thought they could be the heat in the ecf Lol

Fresno
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
I remember when Knicks fans were saying they had the best forward combo in the league when the Melo trade went down. lulz

They still do.

Which team has a better SF & PF combo?

Actually which team currently has a better frontcourt at SF, PF, & C? :laugh2:

Max.This
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM

hes a heat fan

Fresno
06-15-2012, 10:39 PM
This! Run the pick and roll. Give melo some isos just not as much, We already know melo can finish games, Pick and roll run with melo to amare whos stoping it?

Amare needs to stop being fed on the pick & roll.

He needs to find an actual low post game ASAP.

Players like him & LeBron are too big, too strong, & too athletic to not be able to score in the paint.

Teeboy1487
They still do.

Lebron and Bosh.

Lebron>Melo

Bosh>Amare

xxplayerxx23
They still do.

Maggette Bismcbo Mullens? :shrug:

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:40 PM
hes a heat fan

Wow now I feel dumb! lol

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Who?

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Amare needs to stop being fed on the pick & roll.

He needs to find an actual low post game ASAP.

Players like him & LeBron are too big, too strong, & too athletic to not be able to score in the paint.

I agree to an exent, he does need a post game and is working on one in the summer according to him, But why stop the pick and roll thats his bread and butter

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Lebron and Bosh.

Lebron>Melo

Bosh>Amare

100 percent agree but bosh and amare are even, But answer the bottom question

xabial

Phil would have seriously considered the Knicks offer. Take it from someone who'se been following this whole Knicks Coach Drama Saga since Day 1.

Phil Would've seriously considered Taking the Knicks job if they contacted him and made him a lucrative Contract offer for his past success. (I'm talking about a $50M Deal, $15M a year type money).

As much as Users like to **** on the Knicks for their Defense the Team its not the WORST Roster in the league BY ANY MEANS. A Roster with Carmelo/Amare/Tyson is a very talented roster, one that would make the Playoffs annually.

His own girlfriend said his health has improved significantly multiple times, and doesn't seem to be an issue and that at this point its up to him. (Why else Did he try to be the Magic Coach and GM LOL)

He was insulted because the owner of the Knicks James Dolan never even made an effort to reach out to him when the Knicks season was over.

The owner of the Knicks Did not want to spend around $10-$15M a year for someone of Jackson's stature. (Woody was much cheaper)

Also, According to multiple reports James Dolan likes to be in control. He wouldn't have been if they hired Jackson because Jackson likes doing things his own way, and will violate James Dolan "North Korean" Type Policies regarding Knicks Staff speaking Out to the Media. (Woody Was More Likely To be Dolan's ****)
(This Played a Big Role In hiring This Year's GM as well, and was most likely the bigger reason for not hiring him, over money :pity:).

Don't get me wrong Mike Woodson is a good coach but I would prefer Phil Jackson>>>>>>>>>Mike Woodson, but you can't control everything. (Even Jackson Blatantly Riping the Knicks)

popo85
Lebron and Bosh.

Lebron>Melo

Bosh>Amare

Healthy Amare is a beast and better then Bosh.

seikou8
remember when the heat thought they will win 8 championships :D good times

xxplayerxx23
Who?

:clap:

Fresno
06-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Lebron and Bosh.

Lebron>Melo

Bosh>Amare

LeBron > Melo

Amare > Bosh

Sorry, I respect Bosh's game but hes a 3rd wheel in Miami because he couldn't get it done as a featured option anywhere else. When Amare is healthy he's the superior player by far and can carry a team on his back.

Amare was still productive last season although he battled injuries all year.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:44 PM
100 percent agree but bosh and amare are even, But answer the bottom question

I like LeBron Bosh Anthony more than Anthony Chandler Stat

LeBron and Bosh provide enough offense and matched with Anthony are one of the best defensive groupings out there.

D12 fan
06-15-2012, 10:46 PM

Chiago fans.lmao:facepalm:

xxplayerxx23

LeBron and Bosh provide enough offense and matched with Anthony are one of the best defensive groupings out there.

Its def close but Lebron Is better then melo no doubt but melo offesnivley can hold his own, amare always does well vs bosh they even out and chandler throws anthony around. so its close

xxplayerxx23
Chiago fans.lmao:facepalm:

Typo, sorry we cant all be perfect like you mr. Bandwagon fan :D

Gritz
06-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Phil just trollin

Fresno
I agree to an exent, he does need a post game and is working on one in the summer according to him, But why stop the pick and roll thats his bread and butter

The pick & roll is his bread and butter, but thats because he's spent almost his entire career coached by D'Antoni who didn't think Amare needed to learn a post game, rebound, or play defense.

Mike Woodson is the first coach who really understands he's a big man.

D12 fan
I agree to an exent,

exent or extent.:facepalm:

Fresno
06-15-2012, 10:50 PM

The same Joel Anthony who Miami wont play because he's worthless on offense? He hasn't scored a point or grabbed a rebound since Game 4 of the ECF.

Spoelstra isn't even playing him right now because of how terrible he is.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:51 PM
The pick & roll is his bread and butter, but thats because he's spent almost his entire career coached by D'Antoni who didn't think Amare needed to learn a post game, rebound, or play defense.

Mike Woodson is the first coach who really understands he's a big man.

Agree, But even if he gets all that a post game, defense, and rebounding you wouldnt want him running pick and roll anymore? hes scary in those plays, But I agree i would trade his pick and roll game for all 3 of those things lol

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:51 PM

Miami or Orlando :facepalm:

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:52 PM
The same Joel Anthony who Miami wont play because he's worthless on offense? He hasn't scored a point or grabbed a rebound since Game 4 of the ECF.

Spoelstra isn't even playing him right now because of how terrible he is.

I guess reading is hard. I like his defensive game. I never said he was good at offense. It cleary states in my statement that fact.

Try reading again.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 10:52 PM

hahaha.....where is that burn .gif

D12 fan
06-15-2012, 10:53 PM
I would love to see Phil with the Clippers.

D12 fan
06-15-2012, 10:55 PM

Both.:cool:

Gotta represent the whole sunshine state,im a Florida boy.:shrug:

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Both.:cool:

Gotta represent the whole sunshine state,im a Florida boy.:shrug:

Breaking news Dwight to Nj, Then will you have 3 teams or do you dump orlando?

D12 fan
06-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Breaking news Dwight to Nj, Then will you have 3 teams or do you dump orlando?

What does Dwight have to do with me being a Orlando/Miami fan?

Im ready to trade Dwight to be honest,and start the rebuild.

Teeboy1487
06-15-2012, 11:01 PM
LeBron > Melo

Amare > Bosh

Sorry, I respect Bosh's game but hes a 3rd wheel in Miami because he couldn't get it done as a featured option anywhere else. When Amare is healthy he's the superior player by far and can carry a team on his back.

Amare was still productive last season although he battled injuries all year.

I say they are about even (I was a little over zealous initially). Bosh was a very productive player in Toronto. 20 and 10 in 3 out of the 7 seasons when he was the first option. Something Amare has never done. That's why I give the edge to Lebron and Bosh over Melo and Amare. Amare is most definitely the more dominant offensive player, but Bosh edges him defensively. However, both of them are mediocre defensively. Amare is just the worst of the two.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:01 PM
What does Dwight have to do with me being a Orlando/Miami fan?

Im ready to trade Dwight to be honest,and start the rebuild.

Toughest question Ive ever had to answer, Hmm could be wait maybe going out on a limb here your name?and the way you have talked since joining

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:04 PM
This is the main reason I wanted Melo dealt. Before him we had a system, now it's just, it's what the Sixers turned into after Larry Brown. Alot of iso, the whining about how A.I. had no one around him, and A.I. was my favorite player period in the league, but even I knew he was a problem. The Knicks aren't smart enough to realize Melo is the problem.

Yr.1 - we turned the roster upside down for him, Stat was an MVP before he got here

Yr.2 - our GM Donnie Walsh never wanted this deal, he walk*, Melo comes in out shape, Melo quits on the coach, quits on the system, single handedly got a 50+ win no defense coach fired

Yr.3 - 1 win in playoff games...and an overrated coach in Woodson? Clumsy to the fullest

Here's the thing I knew when those bogus rumors came out, Phil didn't want to come here. But everyone was like, he'd coach Melo, he wouldn't risk his legacy w/ a player like that.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:06 PM
so let amare alone carry the team to the promise land smart plan

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:08 PM

no one is saying it's a smart plan, the fact is Melo is here b/c we're handcuffed to thinking he can.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:11 PM
no one is saying it's a smart plan, the fact is Melo is here b/c we're handcuffed to thinking he can.

I think we have had talks about this in the knicks forum, But Without melo we dont do any better, next year looks bright, I dont care what any other fan base says, A full tranining camp, a whole year with woodson we should be up there.

Punk
06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
yup that is why they will never go far...Just dumb moves by the knicks...They gave up everything for Melo and then tossed a terrible contract at a guy who plays 0 defense and has bad knees. On top of that their 2 top players play 0 defense and do not fit well together.

Lol Knicks had the 5th best defense in the league. There is nothing wrong with the Melo trade. Keep believing it.

The amare signing was first, Amare wanted a star and he got Melo and he become lazy and complacent. Way you to your history.

WickedBadMan
06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Don't tell Knicks fans that Phil... they think that roster will be competing somehow.

netsgiantsyanks
06-15-2012, 11:14 PM
the melo trade was a bad deal from the second it took place considering how much they gave up, IMO. i'm not saying he's a bad player, but him and amare DO NOT fit together. amare needs a pass first pg.

Eg714
06-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Lol. Phil will probably coach who ever loses in the finals and make them 3 peat.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:17 PM
the melo trade was a bad deal from the second it took place considering how much they gave up, IMO. i'm not saying he's a bad player, but him and amare DO NOT fit together. amare needs a pass first pg.

I do miss galo and chandler but who else did we give up? nobody really, Wasnt a bad trade, I think with a full traning camp we will show that isnt true

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I swear I feel like some of my fellow Knicks fans are in lala land.

It's going to work we have Melo and Woodson. :facepalm:

Meanwhile like every other team doesn't have a more proven coach in season and playoff play?

Are 1/2 of y'all watching the playoffs? what it takes to make it this far? or is everyone deluded thinking Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert are going to stop everybody? Phil Jackson has what 10, 11, 12 rings? no he wouldn't know anything about this.

Teeboy1487
Lol Knicks had the 5th best defense in the league. There is nothing wrong with the Melo trade. Keep believing it.

The amare signing was first, Amare wanted a star and he got Melo and he become lazy and complacent. Way you to your history.

I agree. The Knicks are fine. They were plagued with injuries this past year and still managed to make the playoffs. Also, once the Melo trade went down, D'Antoni's coaching style became a bad fit. I'm very curious to see the Knicks next year full strength *knock on wood*.

QueensG

hahaha.....where is that burn .gif

hahahah and your calling me a troll in the other forum?!?!?!?! you are the ultimate troll man. hypocricy at its best. your trolling this forum hard!!

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I swear I feel like some of my fellow Knicks fans are in lala land.

It's going to work we have Melo and Woodson. :facepalm:

Meanwhile like every other team doesn't have a more proven coach in season and playoff play?

Are 1/2 of y'all watching the playoffs? what it takes to make it this far? or is everyone deluded thinking Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert are going to stop everybody? Phil Jackson has what 10, 11, 12 rings? no he wouldn't know anything about this.

I feel like your in LaLa land, Melo is one of the best at his pos, Woodson is a good defensive coach what are you facepalming. Lol Everyother coach ok whatever man, We will see how it works, But dont try saying anything when it doesnt, Oh yeah pretty hard to win championships when you have kobe shaq, Mj Pippen.

xabial

He's not saying Amare can carry the team to the promised land. He's saying the Knicks as a team were better with Amare and the supporting Cast, then Amare/Carmelo and No One. (Landry Fields was the Only Player with a major Role Spared From Being Traded).

Thats the controversy.

Guy Out Your Roster, Trade Away Four Starters (Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov), A First Round Draft Pick, Two Second Round Draft Picks. Gallinari, and Chandler were recently given Long Term contracts and are a Part of The Nuggets Future Going Forward)

Was It Worth Trading Half The Team, and your first born Child For Carmelo Anthony? Our Own GM didnt think so, until the Owner forced the Trade.

xxplayerxx23
hahahah and your calling me a troll in the other forum?!?!?!?! you are the ultimate troll man. hypocricy at its best. your trolling this forum hard!!

me?

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:24 PM
He's not saying Amare can carry the team to the promised land. He's saying the Knicks as a team were better with Amare and the supporting Cast, then Amare/Carmelo and No One. (Landry Fields was the Only Player with a major Role Spared From Being Traded).

Thats the controversy.

Guy Out Your Roster, Trade Away Four Starters (Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov), A First Round Draft Pick, Two Second Round Draft Picks. Gallinari, and Chandler were recently given Long Term contracts and are a Part of The Nuggets Future Going Forward)

Was It Worth Trading Half The Team, and your first born Child For Carmelo Anthony? Our Own GM didnt think so, until the Owner forced the Trade.

Its not perfect, But it wasnt bad, no way that team was better, No doubt I miss gallo and chandler, But the others werent anything. that team wasnt going anywhere this team we built going ino next year is very talented, and we have a chance to make some noise

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:25 PM
I feel like your in LaLa land, Melo is one of the best at his pos, Woodson is a good defensive coach what are you facepalming. Lol Everyother coach ok whatever man, We will see how it works, But dont try saying anything when it doesnt, Oh yeah pretty hard to win championships when you have kobe shaq, Mj Pippen.

It was a grace period! coach is fired, evaluation time was that period. You think from they won't tune him out? ok, we'll see. And Melo is the best in his pos, man this is reminding me of the Starbury days, hell this is so like Allen Iverson in Philly. And we all know what happened there. You think Phil Jackson is an overrated coach? Kobe was great before him? MJ before he hit 28 was the greatest player in the world? Scottie was that great in Seattle? Fisher? ok.

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:26 PM

Thats the controversy.

Thank you!

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:28 PM
It was a grace period! coach is fired, evaluation time was that period. You think from they won't tune him out? ok, we'll see. And Melo is the best in his pos, man this is reminding me of the Starbury days, hell this is so like Allen Iverson in Philly. And we all know what happened there. You think Phil Jackson is an overrated coach? Kobe was great before him? MJ before he hit 28 was the greatest player in the world? Scottie was that great in Seattle? Fisher? ok.

We will see man, No one of the best not the best. Melo has a better supporting cast then Iverson ever had, You act like iverson never brought his team to the finals. Yes phil is a good coach but over rated. Lol Kobe wouldnt be what he is? Him and shaq= champions. MJ was a top player b4 phill Pippen was great with MJ, Phill system is good but dont act like he could make a **** team into gold. Fisher is what he is a decent player that is clutch

Fresno
06-15-2012, 11:28 PM
I guess reading is hard. I like his defensive game. I never said he was good at offense. It cleary states in my statement that fact.

Try reading again.

He doesn't play when it matters regardless of his defense.

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:33 PM
We will see man, No one of the best not the best. Melo has a better supporting cast then Iverson ever had, You act like iverson never brought his team to the finals. Yes phil is a good coach but over rated. Lol Kobe wouldnt be what he is? Him and shaq= champions. MJ was a top player b4 phill Pippen was great with MJ, Phill system is good but dont act like he could make a **** team into gold. Fisher is what he is a decent player that is clutch

Iverson was my favorite non-Knicks player in the league. Who you tellin? I know he took that Philly team on his back! but he wouldn't have gone nowhere if not for Larry Brown putting it together. Woodson isn't that good of a coach. This fanbase overrates the dude. All he did was one thing, switch on D to turn the other team into an iso team, that's the concept he uses. That's not enough to give him a longterm coaching nod and certainly not worth picking him over Phil Jackson or any Van Gundy.

xabial
06-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Its not perfect, But it wasnt bad, no way that team was better, No doubt I miss gallo and chandler, But the others werent anything. that team wasnt going anywhere this team we built going ino next year is very talented, and we have a chance to make some noise

So far it look like we're on the losing side of it. Swept And Won One Play off Game Once..

Knicks Need To Make Some Savy Business Decisions and Good Trades to build around Amare/Carmelo/Tyson Moving Forward.

*Sigh* If only Magic Would Trade Dwight For Tyson and Amare.. (**BOOOM** CUEEE THE BOMBSSS THROWN BY MAGIC FANS, Saying I'm delusional And it will never Happen.)

I know its unlikely, I'm just HOPING. **** Off.

Fresno
06-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Can somebody explain why the Knicks are better off with Wilson Chandler & Danilo Gallinari rather than prime Carmelo Anthony?

I'm not sure what more potential a 24 year old Gallinari & 25 year old Wilson Chandler have at this stage from being solid rotation players compared to a 28 year old Carmelo Anthony who's a star in the NBA already.

What else was bad about that trade? Felton was exposed as a D'Antonio system PG and Mozgov is a backup C.

The Knicks weren't going to get Deron Williams or Chris Paul with that package. I dont know how many times that has been said, but I had to say it again.

sharqstealth
06-15-2012, 11:34 PM
That only shows how opportunistic Phil is... He'll only coach a team who is 90% built to win a championship. He is scared of the challenge.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:35 PM
So far it look like we're on the losing side of it. Swept And Won One Play off Game Once.

Knicks Need To Make Some Savy Business Decisions and Good Trades to build around Amare/Carmelo/Tyson Moving Forward.

*Sigh* If only Magic Would Trade Dwight For Tyson and Amare.. (**BOOOM** CUEEE THE BOMBSSS THROWN BY MAGIC FANS, Saying I'm delusional And it will never Happen.)

I know its unlikely, I'm just HOPING **** Off.

Both teams lost in that case, they havent done anything, But you are corect but there is still plenty of time for anything to work out, We will see this is the year with a full traning camp that I make the desicon on the trade, Oh no you didnt D12 is going to have a heartattack now,

Fresno
06-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Melo isn't comparable to Iverson.

Melo is more comparable to Dirk Nowitzki, and both guys need capable players around them who step up and produce in order for them to be able to go far in the Playoffs. Everybody knows Melo/Dirk are 2 of the best closers in the league, but their teams don't go far when they have to carry all of the scoring load each game.

Dirk has played with at least 12 players who have been All Stars in their career btw.

Dallas knew they needed to put the best talent around him so he could do his thing.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Iverson was my favorite non-Knicks player in the league. Who you tellin? I know he took that Philly team on his back! but he wouldn't have gone nowhere if not for Larry Brown putting it together. Woodson isn't that good of a coach. This fanbase overrates the dude. All he did was one thing, switch on D to turn the other team into an iso team, that's the concept he uses. That's not enough to give him a longterm coaching nod and certainly not worth picking him over Phil Jackson or any Van Gundy.

I was just pointing that out, Melo isnt as skilled offensivley as iverson? Why does the coach get everything. Without larry without phil withou vangundy, Coach gets some credit but not all. Woody isnt a bad coach, He isnt great but he has always been known as a good defensive coach. He needs help on offense no doubt but what do you base woody being a horrible coach off Of?

xabial
06-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Both teams lost in that case, they havent done anything, But you are corect but there is still plenty of time for anything to work out, We will see this is the year with a full traning camp that I make the desicon on the trade, Oh no you didnt D12 is going to have a heartattack now,

You Are Correct. But That makes me wonder if Both Teams haven't done anything significant so far and the trade seems even up to this point wouldn't have you kept a roster that was younger, and was deeper?

Your placing a lot of faith in Carmelo.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Melo isn't comparable to Iverson.

Melo is more comparable to Dirk Nowitzki, and both guys need capable players around them who step up and produce in order for them to be able to go far in the Playoffs. Everybody knows Melo/Dirk are 2 of the best closers in the league, but their teams don't go far when they have to carry all of the scoring load each game.

Dirk has played with at least 12 players who have been All Stars in their career btw.

Dallas knew they needed to put the best talent around him so he could do his thing.

I dont disagree, but Melo and iverson both have been known as an offensive juggernot,I loved iverson, I believe melo can carry a team to the championship, this is the first time where he has talent, and doesnt have to go through the Lakers or spurs. Bulls and heat are what he has to go through I think healthy they have a shot

Fresno
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I was just pointing that out, Melo isnt as skilled offensivley as iverson? Why does the coach get everything. Without larry without phil withou vangundy, Coach gets some credit but not all. Woody isnt a bad coach, He isnt great but he has always been known as a good defensive coach. He needs help on offense no doubt but what do you base woody being a horrible coach off Of?

Mike Woodson is far from being a horrible coach.

People blame him for not getting the most out of the Atlanta Hawks, but its been proven that they are only going so far with their core of JJ, Smith, & Horford.

If Atlanta would've drafted Chris Paul instead of Marvin Williams, maybe Mike Woodson would've done more with the Hawks team in the Playoffs.

Up until 2012 their best ballhandler has been a 6'7 240lb Shooting Guard.

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:42 PM

Phil and Van Gundy are better coaches, the only reason Woody is here is b/c the baby keeps quiet for a bit, but once he stops playing for him it'll start all over again. As for what I base Woody being overrated, from seeing him run an offense, from seeing him not adjust a D to play zone vs a team in Miami that was clearly not at the time ready to hit jumpshots in Rd.1

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:42 PM
You Are Correct. But That makes me wonder if Both Teams haven't done anything significant so far and the trade seems even up to this point wouldn't have you kept a roster that was younger, and was deeper?

Your placing a lot of faith in Carmelo.

Honestly unless it was a guarntee that we get Paul I think this team is better then the team we had with galo and chandler with amare. I believe in melo, I think hes going to have a huge season next year

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Phil and Van Gundy are better coaches, the only reason Woody is here is b/c the baby keeps quiet for a bit, but once he stops playing for him it'll start all over again. As for what I base Woody being overrated, from seeing him run an offense, from seeing him not adjust a D to play zone vs a team in Miami that was clearly not at the time ready to hit jumpshots in Rd.1

1.I agree they are better coaches then woody no doubt but wouldnt you consider them better then a lot of the coaches in the NBA?
2.Melo wont quit on woody, woody is a player coach that runs his offense through his superstar.
3. Knicks team without Iman were not built to play zone
4.Knicks were too hurt to do anything in that series man

Fresno
06-15-2012, 11:45 PM
I dont disagree, but Melo and iverson both have been known as an offensive juggernot,I loved iverson, I believe melo can carry a team to the championship, this is the first time where he has talent, and doesnt have to go through the Lakers or spurs. Bulls and heat are what he has to go through I think healthy they have a shot

The Bulls aren't a competitor next season. Their front office has made that clear with them looking at possible trade scenarios of Deng/Noah with D-Rose out for most of next season.

The Eastern Conference will go thru either Miami or NYC.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Mike Woodson is far from being a horrible coach.

People blame him for not getting the most out of the Atlanta Hawks, but its been proven that they are only going so far with their core of JJ, Smith, & Horford.

If Atlanta would've drafted Chris Paul instead of Marvin Williams, maybe Mike Woodson would've done more with the Hawks team in the Playoffs.

Up until 2012 their best ballhandler has been a 6'7 240lb Shooting Guard.

I agree with you 100percent, Woodsons teams in atlanta improved every year. He isnt the best coach but he always seems to improve and I like his defensive mentalty(sorry not spelled right) And he gets in everyones face

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM
The Bulls aren't a competitor next season. Their front office has made that clear with them looking at possible trade scenarios of Deng/Noah with D-Rose out for most of next season.

The Eastern Conference will go thru either Miami or Miami.

Fixed it for you........

Through NYC......oh you guys make me laugh.

xxplayerxx23

Indy is a very young good team that will compete there too.

justinnum1
woodson is clueless went it comes to adjustments or what offense means.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Fixed it for you........

We will see my man, what team is better then a healthy Ny besides miami in the east?

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 11:49 PM
woodson is clueless went it comes to adjustments or what offense means.

And he wants to teach Amare defense........oh god I can't wait to watch that bafoon try to play D. He is going to foul out in about 3 minutes.

They should play Knicks games on Comedy Central.

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:50 PM

So the Bulls are a joke now? Indy is a one hit wonder? Philly is not going to get better? I get Miami, but my Knicks have 1 win in thier last 10 playoff games, yet the East runs through us?:eyebrow:

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Amare knows what block means lol

b@llhog24
06-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I agree to an exent,

How isn't this guy perma-banned?

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:51 PM
So the Bulls are a joke now? Indy is a one hit wonder? Philly is not going to get better? I get Miami, but my Knicks have 1 win in thier last 10 playoff games, yet the East runs through us?:eyebrow:

Without rose they wont be a top. Indy is nice, Philly no Im sorry trying to trade iggy, Lou is gone brand also sorry there nothing speical

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 11:52 PM
We will see my man, what team is better then a healthy Ny besides miami in the east?

I like Indiana and depending on what Cleveland does they could contend. If they draft Beal I could see them making a push in the East. A Irving Beal combo would be great to see. They only are using 26-30 mill in cap depending on what they do with Gibson. They have the money and motivation to create a good team around Irving.

KniCks4LiFe
06-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Without rose they wont be a top. Indy is nice, Philly no Im sorry trying to trade iggy, Lou is gone brand also sorry there nothing speical

This is a team that played most of this past season as a #1 seed w/o Rose. :laugh2:

So Philly is just not going to improve, forget that they have a proven GM. Ok. Atleast you didn't go completely clueless w/ Indy.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:54 PM
I like Indiana and depending on what Cleveland does they could contend. If they draft Beal I could see them making a push in the East. A Irving Beal combo would be great to see. They only are using 26-30 mill in cap depending on what they do with Gibson. They have the money and motivation to create a good team around Irving.

Indy for sure, its close between us and them, we match up great with indy. I would love for cleveland to contend but its a bit premature for them. Irving and beal would be a great start though

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 11:54 PM
This is a team that played most of this past season as a #1 seed w/o Rose. :laugh2:

So Philly is just not going to improve, forget that they have a proven GM. Ok. Atleast you didn't go completely clueless w/ Indy.

And for some reason people are already counting out Boston. It is amazing what a team can do with cap room and a legit PG.

rickshaw
06-15-2012, 11:55 PM

Then the Knicks would be taking back an equally bad Rashard Lewis type contract and not have a PF

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Indy for sure, its close between us and them, we match up great with indy. I would love for cleveland to contend but its a bit premature for them. Irving and beal would be a great start though

Yeah not sure next year will be their year to make the jump. I could see them slipping into the 8th seed. Would be amazing for the NBA if Miami got the 1 seed next year along with that. ESPN would go crazy talking about LeBron screwing a franchise and a couple seasons later rebuilding to a playoff team.

xxplayerxx23

they didnt do it all without rose. Sig bet they wont be top 3?Philly will be a playoff team but no there not better then NY lou and brand are going you think they will improve? Indy is a great upcoming team cant say anything there

ChitownBears22
Then the Knicks would be taking back an equally bad Rashard Lewis type contract and not have a PF

Please don't use reason and logic when discussing Amare trade scenarios. It will get you labelled a troll and banned.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 11:57 PM

me?

Nah not you..chitownbears22

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah not sure next year will be their year to make the jump. I could see them slipping into the 8th seed. Would be amazing for the NBA if Miami got the 1 seed next year along with that. ESPN would go crazy talking about LeBron screwing a franchise and a couple seasons later rebuilding to a playoff team.

That would be amazing ratings, and I would watch, I would love it. I can see them being an 8 seed or fighting for it for sure

xabial
06-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Honestly unless it was a guarntee that we get Paul I think this team is better then the team we had with galo and chandler with amare. I believe in melo, I think hes going to have a huge season next year

I think so too. I have hope. Anything Past the First Round Would be a Huge accomplishment at this Point.

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Fixed it for you........

By New York, I'm referring to the Knicks & Nets.

The Bulls are no joke but they're reportedly going to let their backups go in Watson, Brewer, & Korver to save money from going into the Luxury Tax. Rose is out until February at the earliest & Deng has pissed off management because he's going to play in the Olympics and miss 1/2 the season when he gets wrist surgery.

The Pacers are a possible threat, but overall we don't know whether they'll keep a lot of their team together this offseason due to the Franchise losing money.

76ers? Nah, I dont think so.

ivylleague1'
06-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Jackson calls the great Knicks A "Clumsy" team !!!!! It hurts!!!!

KniCks4LiFe
06-16-2012, 12:03 AM
they didnt do it all without rose. Sig bet they wont be top 3?Philly will be a playoff team but no there not better then NY lou and brand are going you think they will improve? Indy is a great upcoming team cant say anything there

I won't put you through that. We've seen Chi play w/o Rose, they are light years better w/ Rose, but even w/o him they are a top 5 team prbly in the league. Name me 5 teams in the east that are better than Chicago. Go ahead.

Philly again you think Ed Stafanski is just going to sit on his a... and do nothing to improve that team? Lou Williams is a big time shooter, he nearly KO'd w/ Iggy a charged up Boston team.

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:04 AM

You do realize Doug Collins reportedly is behind the movement to get Rod Thorn forced out as GM? There has been news articles on Thorn being phazed out of their management.

Chicago didn't play the entire season without Rose tho. Thibs will have to completely alter their motion offense coming into training camp because he'll be without Rose, Deng, & Korver. They're in a tough spot.

TylerSL
06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
they are clumsy, they play basketball the wrong way. Not saying they dont have talent, but the way they play, they will never make it out of Round 1.

xxplayerxx23
06-16-2012, 12:06 AM
I won't put you through that. We've seen Chi play w/o Rose, they are light years better w/ Rose, but even w/o him they are a top 5 team prbly in the league. Name me 5 teams in the east that are better than Chicago. Go ahead.

Philly again you think Ed Stafanski is just going to sit on his a... and do nothing to improve that team? Lou Williams is a big time shooter, he nearly KO'd w/ Iggy a charged up Boston team.

Lol come on man lets do it then?, Um Heat Indy,Knicks, Bulls are 4th without rose. We will see with philly what he does, Just saying lou is going to be gone, Brand also, Looking to trade iggy I dont see them as a top 5 team

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Nah not you..chitownbears22

Hey go watch soccer.

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Don't get me wrong Phil is a great coach but even he wouldn't be able to make it in NY with his old ***.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Don't get me wrong Phil is a great coach but even he wouldn't be able to make it in NY with his old ***.

Yeah he survived LA and Chicago, but he couldn't handle NY. The only reason he couldn't handle NY would be because of the media. HE would get blamed for the team not being successful.

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Nobody knows what roster they're even going to put out there.

The only guys we know for sure will be back to start next season is Carlos Boozer & Jimmy Butler. Their beat writer says they're going to decline options on Watson, Brewer, & Korver and match offers for Asik. We've seen trade rumors all week that Chicago might deal Deng or Noah.

They were a good team last year while Rose was sitting out games, but its a different vibe/team morale knowing that Rose is permanently out until around the All Star break. That dynamic definetly changes thing as we saw in the Playoffs.

What more can they do? Iggy is clearly on the trading block, Hawes & Allen are FA's, Lou Williams is going to opt out for more money, and Brand may be amnestied so they can pay Williams, Lavoy Allen & Hawes without going near the Luxury Tax.

TylerSL
06-16-2012, 12:11 AM

you're right, the goat coach couldnt win with the Knicks......

:rolleyes:

KniCks4LiFe
06-16-2012, 12:15 AM
You do realize Doug Collins reportedly is behind the movement to get Rod Thorn forced out as GM? There has been news articles on Thorn being phazed out of their management.

Chicago didn't play the entire season without Rose tho. Thibs will have to completely alter their motion offense coming into training camp because he'll be without Rose, Deng, & Korver. They're in a tough spot.

I know. I heard it. And Thorn isn't going anywhere. Philly isn't that stupid.

And Thibs has proved he can coach a starless team to a top 5 in the conference. You did watch those games w/ D-leaguers and bench players taking the Bulls to the top record in thier league right?

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:24 AM
I know. I heard it. And Thorn isn't going anywhere. Philly isn't that stupid.

And Thibs has proved he can coach a starless team to a top 5 in the conference. You did watch those games w/ D-leaguers and bench players taking the Bulls to the top record in thier league right?

Of course, but it was a lockout season and teams with the best chemistry were far more successful than everyone else. A team who knows the system they're running like the Bulls, Spurs, Heat, OKC, etc is always going to be more successful than a young team being glued together within 3 weeks before the season.

Even Orlando was able to make the Playoffs without Dwight Howard, mainly because all of the players had familiarity with the system.

Chicago is going to be a lot different to start a full year in 2012 with new personnel. I think that will change things in comparison to having their superstar sit out 1 of every 6 games, while everybody else knew their roles.

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 12:25 AM
you're right, the goat coach couldnt win with the Knicks......

:rolleyes:

He couldn't, because Phil needs the right players around him to have winning team. At the same, this group of players haven't been around with a full training camp and enough practices. Next season will be the 1st time the Knicks will be able to build a team together.

Nyc4You
06-16-2012, 12:27 AM
You know what the problem is? There is no stability.

Year 1 with melo, stat and billups- They play only the second half of the season together. No training camp. Billups and Amare couldn't stay health. Swept.

Year 2- only 2 weeks of training camp. Come into the season with TD as pg :facepalm: Tried to make a melo a point forward, which he isn't. Melo gets injured. Lin steps up. Melo and Amare come back. Things start to blow up. Dantoni gets fired, Woodson becomes interim. The knicks were blowing people out the first 6 games. Then Lin and stat get injured. Woodson has to revert to Melo ball because no one else can score. Knicks lose again in the first round.

Im glad the knicks didn't call Phil. We need stability. Stick with woodson. He went 18-6 in the hardest part of the schedule without a healthy roster.

gotoHcarolina52
06-16-2012, 12:29 AM
No Phil in NYC = this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w&t=1m48s)

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 12:31 AM

Year 1 with melo, stat and billups- They play only the second half of the season together. No training camp. Billups and Amare couldn't stay health. Swept.

Year 2- only 2 weeks of training camp. Come into the season with TD as pg :facepalm: Tried to make a melo a point forward, which he isn't. Melo gets injured. Lin steps up. Melo and Amare come back. Things start to blow up. Dantoni gets fired, Woodson becomes interim. The knicks were blowing people out the first 6 games. Then Lin and stat get injured. Woodson has to revert to Melo ball because no one else can score. Knicks lose again in the first round.

Im glad the knicks didn't call Phil. We need stability. Stick with woodson. He went 18-6 in the hardest part of the schedule without a healthy roster.

Agree 100% :clap:

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 12:32 AM
No Phil in NYC = this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w&t=1m48s)

why is that guy screaming like he won 7 championships?

gotoHcarolina52
06-16-2012, 12:33 AM
why is that guy screaming like he won 7 championships?

Don't underestimate the excitement the Giant Royal Penis can bring to your life.

Fresno
06-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Don't underestimate the excitement the Giant Royal Penis can bring to your life.

Happy f***ing LeBronica!!!!!!!

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 12:35 AM

:down:

TylerSL
06-16-2012, 12:48 AM
He couldn't, because Phil needs the right players around him to have winning team. At the same, this group of players haven't been around with a full training camp and enough practices. Next season will be the 1st time the Knicks will be able to build a team together.

no the Knicks are the type of team Jackson COULD win with. They play basketball the wrong way. They need a coach like him who could get them to play good. The Knicks have the potential to compete with Miami. Although they will probably never reach that potential. Too bad they played too bad that Jackson wanted no part of them.

ohreally
06-16-2012, 01:14 AM

There was way less stability in the years before and during Walsh's plan, and nobody gave the guys suffering through it any sort of break. We're not a good team. Shump looked great on D, but it was his first year and the only thing most players can prove in their first year is that they're bad, not to mention his injury. Lin, virtually first year, shows skills but even if they do hold up, Melo ball seriously undercuts his strengths and emphasizes his weaknesses. Amare is way overpaid, injury prone, and doesn't know how to spell D. Melo is an overrated checker and ball hog. Tyson is limited offensively, and limits Amare's offense to boot. It is not a great team in any sense.

MadBomber
06-16-2012, 01:18 AM
What Phil said is true, the players that they have don't compliment each other well. They need to make some changes in their personnel.

BlinkManJan02
06-16-2012, 01:26 AM
haha he is such a snood.

DaBear
06-16-2012, 01:40 AM
What's funny is Phil Jackson is right about the Knicks. NY's GM is a moron.

seikou8
06-16-2012, 01:41 AM
And he wants to teach Amare defense........oh god I can't wait to watch that bafoon try to play D. He is going to foul out in about 3 minutes.

They should play Knicks games on Comedy Central.

:facepalm:*****

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 01:42 AM
:facepalm:*****

They should....it would be great. Nothing better than watching Amare swat the air and try to play weak side defense.

KNICKS R BACK
06-16-2012, 01:51 AM
i voted yes and i am a knicks fan, i dont love this roster...but Phil Jackson just seems butthurt in my opinion...he had multiple opportunities to come out and say he didnt want the job over the past year as the rumors were swirling, he just seems butthurt that he didnt even get offered the job

Sssmush
06-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Knicks = Clumsy

KNUCKS

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2012, 04:12 AM
And Knicks fans saying Melo and Amare will work in the next season and then the year after etc.

The greatest coach just said that they dont mesh.

So give it a rest

Kashmir13579
06-16-2012, 04:16 AM
I don't blame him for not coaching NY,Carmelo and Amare was a bad fit to begin with.If I was the knicks gm I would trade try to trade Carmelo for Dwill.Why trade Melo because nobody is taking on Amare's contract,so why not get a pg who can fit with Amare.

Well they already have Jeremy Lin. I think he's a great fit for Amar'e if you don't have Carmelo ruining the rest of the teams continuity all the time. There were rumors around the trade deadline that D'antoni was lobbying for a Carmelo Deron Williams swap.. He was fired a few days later.

Kashmir13579
06-16-2012, 04:25 AM

Wasn't Woody on the bench for those Sixer teams? Plus he won a championship with LB in Detroit.

aztr0
06-16-2012, 04:26 AM
From the article it sounded like he was offended that he wasn't even contacted for the job.

.......Jackson continued. “They need to have someone come in that can kinda blend that group together.”

“But wouldn’t you have been the perfect person to come in and blend all that talent together?” Kremer said. “You sort of have a good history of that.”

“Yeah,” Jackson agreed. “Well, it never happened.”.........

King41
06-16-2012, 04:49 AM
nice job jackson

Cubby
06-16-2012, 05:14 AM
I think we have had talks about this in the knicks forum, But Without melo we dont do any better, next year looks bright, I dont care what any other fan base says, A full tranining camp, a whole year with woodson we should be up there.

No offense, but I was constantly harassed by Knicks fans when I didn't put them as the three seed behind Chicago and Miami. Look what happened. You guys say the same thing every year.

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 05:45 AM
no the Knicks are the type of team Jackson COULD win with. They play basketball the wrong way. They need a coach like him who could get them to play good. The Knicks have the potential to compete with Miami. Although they will probably never reach that potential. Too bad they played too bad that Jackson wanted no part of them.

Phil would just be another big name in New York that wouldn't amount to anything. What the Knicks really need is a full training camp with a healthy and complete roster from start to finish. The Knicks will finally have that next season.

Evolution23
06-16-2012, 05:48 AM
No offense, but I was constantly harassed by Knicks fans when I didn't put them as the three seed behind Chicago and Miami. Look what happened. You guys say the same thing every year.

You don't think a full training camp with a lot more practice time, a legit pg, and a coach that preaches defense is going to make a difference?

Kinkotheclown
06-16-2012, 05:53 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2012.html

Thank you

sunsfan88
06-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Amare, why the hell did you leave Nash?

Kids, learn your lesson: Money isn't everything

billsftw
06-16-2012, 06:34 AM
This guy always needs the perfect team put together before he'll consider the job.

lol says the guy who wanted him
enjoy losin' with woodson :D

Dankster
06-16-2012, 08:41 AM
This is the main reason I wanted Melo dealt. Before him we had a system, now it's just, it's what the Sixers turned into after Larry Brown. Alot of iso, the whining about how A.I. had no one around him, and A.I. was my favorite player period in the league, but even I knew he was a problem. The Knicks aren't smart enough to realize Melo is the problem.

Yr.1 - we turned the roster upside down for him, Stat was an MVP before he got here

Yr.2 - our GM Donnie Walsh never wanted this deal, he walk*, Melo comes in out shape, Melo quits on the coach, quits on the system, single handedly got a 50+ win no defense coach fired

Yr.3 - 1 win in playoff games...and an overrated coach in Woodson? Clumsy to the fullest

Here's the thing I knew when those bogus rumors came out, Phil didn't want to come here. But everyone was like, he'd coach Melo, he wouldn't risk his legacy w/ a player like that.

Wow, there's so many things wrong with this post, I really don't know where to start. Well since you put a chronological timeline down, I'll start with your year 1 analysis and move forward.

Year 1: We did trade too much for Melo, that I agree with, but the pressure being put forth by Nets' management caused the Knicks brass to make an abrupt and somewhat haste decision to do anything and everything they could to get Melo.

Now let's analyze that trade briefly--we gave up Wilson Chandler whose been pretty much injury prone since his trade and Gallo who has been pretty much the same inconsistent Gallo he's been his entire career. One game he'll show you glimspes of offensive brilliance with good efficiency, than he'll string together 2 or 3 games where he just basically disappears. That's Danilo's Modus Operandi to a tee, and hard to argue the notion that he's been a very inconsistent player his entire career. I want even go into exponential detail about Mozzy, because he's still extremely raw and unproven at this stage in his career.

My point: that trade isn't as TERRIBLE as you make it out to be. The Nets trading for D-will was much much worse, they gave up a prize rookie in Favors, a good starting PG and Multiple 1st round picks for a guy that might not even stay.

Year 2- Dude your assessment of Walsh is nothing more than a hypothesis. Unless you're part of Knicks' upper management and you know first hand what this team is trying to do trade-wise, any of your "theories" on what Walsh was thinking hold very little merit to it. I can make up random thoughts about Walsh as well and make it seem like it's factual, but unless you have a specific quote you can ascertain specifically stating Walsh wanted nothing to do with the Melo trade, than your statement is quite irrelevant.

BTW Melo didn't get D'antoni fired. D'antoni's piss poor perfomance in over 3 years coaching at the helm, provided with the fact this team didn't take a step forward this year was ultimately the reason for his departure. It was rumored that he wanted a D-will-Melo swap, but once again that was nothing more than a rumor which wasn't corroborated by either party.

Year 3- Well actually you got your timeline wrong, they've only been together for a year and a half, so this is essentially year 2. So yes we only did win 1 playoff game. How exactly does it fall on Melo's lap?? The guy was the only consistent player we had for the last month and a half who btw was playing at a top 3 NBA level. Tyson got the influenza virus, Lin and Shumpert were injured for the playoffs and Stat decided to do one of the most moronic things I've ever seen in playoff basketball history but hurting his hand.

So essentially Melo went up against one of the top teams with a very injury-riddled and subpar unit around him. We were fortunate enough to win 1 game against the heat given our circumstances, and Melo probably deserves the majority of the credit for our sole playoff win in a decade.

Sorry, you're a melo hater and that's fine, but your argument is super weak, filled with a bunch of preconceived notions with absolutely no merit to back it up. If it wasn't for Melo, this team would've gotten swept with relative ease. This team needs to be built around Melo's talent for them to really succeed....

metsfanssince05
06-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I said this since day 1, I do not like the way this team is built, this team is so sloppy the way its built. if we just have Chandler I will be happy. To be honist with all these contracts I have no idea how we cold sign Lin, Novak and Shumpert.

Leftcoast_yg
06-16-2012, 09:09 AM

Your forgeting about his 2nd stint with the lakers that he had a starting line up of; Smush, Kobe, Luke, Odom and Kwame...that refutes your idea of Phil needing a "team of all-stars" already put together.

superwill
06-16-2012, 09:11 AM
they cold trade amare for joe johnson i think he would fit bettter with melo not sure if the hawks would do that but hell its the same money......i think

effen5
06-16-2012, 09:21 AM
I said this since day 1, I do not like the way this team is built, this team is so sloppy the way its built. if we just have Chandler I will be happy. To be honist with all these contracts I have no idea how we cold sign Lin, Novak and Shumpert.

Lin is overrated but if you guys had your original team with Chandler, Novak and Shumpert, I seriously think the Knicks would have been a top three team in the east.

effen5
06-16-2012, 09:22 AM
they cold trade amare for joe johnson i think he would fit bettter with melo not sure if the hawks would do that but hell its the same money......i think

JJ and Melo both need the ball....honestly, nobody would take those contracts, even if your swapping them.

effen5
06-16-2012, 09:24 AM
i voted yes and i am a knicks fan, i dont love this roster...but Phil Jackson just seems butthurt in my opinion...he had multiple opportunities to come out and say he didnt want the job over the past year as the rumors were swirling, he just seems butthurt that he didnt even get offered the job

Butthurt that he didn't get offered a difficult jobs with the Knicks? :laugh:

Like we said before, Phil doesn't want to coach the Knicks....why can't some Knick fans see that.

effen5
06-16-2012, 09:26 AM
By New York, I'm referring to the Knicks & Nets.

The Bulls are no joke but they're reportedly going to let their backups go in Watson, Brewer, & Korver to save money from going into the Luxury Tax. Rose is out until February at the earliest & Deng has pissed off management because he's going to play in the Olympics and miss 1/2 the season when he gets wrist surgery.

The Pacers are a possible threat, but overall we don't know whether they'll keep a lot of their team together this offseason due to the Franchise losing money.

76ers? Nah, I dont think so.

Dude, Watson Brewer might be gone but Korver will probably be coming back. And we have just as good of a back up in Butler. As for Deng...how could Deng piss off management? Don't you think management understands how important the Olympics is to him? He didn't piss off anybody.

jimm120
06-16-2012, 09:29 AM

Joe JOhnson is WAY more money.

1 more year AND a lot more money.

torocan
06-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Lin is overrated but if you guys had your original team with Chandler, Novak and Shumpert, I seriously think the Knicks would have been a top three team in the east.

Lin is over and under rated depending on who is doing the bashing/hyping.

He isn't the best thing since sliced bread.
Statistically he was a top 15 PG (middle of the road starter).
He did have a very impressive games pre-Melo (record breaking) and lots of solid numbers post-Melo.

All that aside, Melo + STAT is not an ideal mix. One of them needs to go if the team wants to go to the next level.

justinnum1
06-16-2012, 10:15 AM
melo and amare dont fit, amare and chandler dont fit...2 biggest problems

jimm120
06-16-2012, 10:29 AM
All I'm saying is that it sounds fishy that he's saying this NOW. Before, he kept quiet and kept saying "people have to offer me the job before I can be interested" and "Maybe I can go back, depending on the situation" etc etc etc.

A bit after Knicks don't even call him, he goes out and says bad stuff about the Knicks (not another team). Yeah, his statements might be true about the Knicks, but he's also saying it because he's mad (butt hurt) that he wasn't offered the job.

That really is the perception I'm getting. If he thought that, he would have said that since the beginning.

mamba24
06-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Like when he came back to the lakers the second time and smush Parker and kwame were his starters?

jimm120
06-16-2012, 10:39 AM
melo and amare dont fit, amare and chandler dont fit...2 biggest problems

This.

Its not really that Melo is the problem. Its not that Tyson is the problem. Its that Amare just doesn't fit in with a "regular" system in play.

Of course, I still think he can. Its the coaches job to put in plays that work well for each. Tyson with allyopps. Amare nor Melo can allyopp, so don't do that for them. Do pick and rolls with amare and Melo (they might stick to melo more, giving amare more space). Do iso's for Melo. Do Lin penetration plays.

and just simply have enough kinds of those to keep the defense guessing which it is.

Tony_Starks
06-16-2012, 11:09 AM
For people that say Phil needs a perfect team FYI the Lakers had a better team before he got there with 4 allstars (Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe and Shaq) and was getting swept out of the playoffs so do your homework.

Also managing talent isn't the easiest thing in the world. Portland and Sacramento in that era had two of the deepest teams ever assembled and never saw a finals..........

superwill
06-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Like when he came back to the lakers the second time and smush Parker and kwame were his starters?

and it should have been smush winning championships with the lakers because he was better then kobe if smush had still beeen on the lakers we would have 4 in a row.

sharqstealth
06-16-2012, 12:21 PM
lol says the guy who wanted him
enjoy losin' with woodson :D

If your not an idiot, Woodson finished 18-6 when he took over, that isn't really losing!

AllBall
06-16-2012, 12:27 PM
lol

shots fired by Phil!

:laugh:

koreancabbage
06-16-2012, 12:55 PM
he should coach Miami. dang that Spolestra is horrible- he might actually cost them a championship

koreancabbage
06-16-2012, 12:56 PM
For people that say Phil needs a perfect team FYI the Lakers had a better team before he got there with 4 allstars (Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe and Shaq) and was getting swept out of the playoffs so do your homework.

Also managing talent isn't the easiest thing in the world. Portland and Sacramento in that era had two of the deepest teams ever assembled and never saw a finals..........

well he didn't know he was gonna get swept in the playoffs, but they didn pretty well in the regular season right? iono i'm just speculating.

Punk
06-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Fact is D'antoni was a bad fit as a coach. The Knicks were 3 games behind Boston for the 4th seed and beat every single Eastern Conference team and there were only two teams they couldn't beat multiple times which are Chicago and Miami.

The roster is fine. The key is to retain everyone and stay healthy. Amare and Melo had no problem fitting in when Billups was here and now Lin running the Point.

"clumsy" refers to Amare and Fields. Melo holds the ball looking for one of them to cut like they are supposed to and they simply stand there doing nothing which leads to bad shots and that's how an offense can become bad. When Amare was out and Melo played PF, everyone was sharing the ball, moving without the ball and cutting when Melo created defenses attention. That stopped when Amare returned.

I'm glad Phil did not sign here because this is not a roster built for his system at all.

ohreally
06-16-2012, 01:29 PM
You don't think a full training camp with a lot more practice time, a legit pg, and a coach that preaches defense is going to make a difference?

Not really, no. Everyone else will have a training camp too. And Melo and Stat will continue to be Melo and Stat, particularly Melo.

KniCks4LiFe
06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
clumsy refered to Melo's style clashing w/ the whole offensive tempo, he's a volume shooter, doesn't pass enough, takes heat check shots, it's funny how does imaginary glasses work. Phil Jackson would love players like Fields and Amar'e on offensive sets, he ran triangle w/ Rick Fox and Smush Parker. Phil knows Melo has too much say on this team, he's the one who's hard to get to buy in.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2012, 03:00 PM
If your not an idiot, Woodson finished 18-6 when he took over, that isn't really losing!

thats a huge sample size

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Fact is D'antoni was a bad fit as a coach. The Knicks were 3 games behind Boston for the 4th seed and beat every single Eastern Conference team and there were only two teams they couldn't beat multiple times which are Chicago and Miami.

The roster is fine. The key is to retain everyone and stay healthy. Amare and Melo had no problem fitting in when Billups was here and now Lin running the Point.

"clumsy" refers to Amare and Fields. Melo holds the ball looking for one of them to cut like they are supposed to and they simply stand there doing nothing which leads to bad shots and that's how an offense can become bad. When Amare was out and Melo played PF, everyone was sharing the ball, moving without the ball and cutting when Melo created defenses attention. That stopped when Amare returned.

I'm glad Phil did not sign here because this is not a roster built for his system at all.

you still dont get it

Missing56&33
06-16-2012, 03:28 PM

I think you're overexaggerating a bit......we got hit with a bunch of injuries just before the playoffs and during the playoffs. Along with a interim HC .....nothing that a full training camp and some chemistry can't fix.

Kashmir13579
06-16-2012, 04:17 PM

LMFAO. This is how you sleep at night after those 'Melo hoist 'n' chuck games.

Kashmir13579
06-16-2012, 04:18 PM
you still dont get it

He never will. This is the same dude who openly thinks 'Melo is a better scorer than Durant.

LOOTERX9
06-16-2012, 04:35 PM
clumsy refered to Melo's style clashing w/ the whole offensive tempo, he's a volume shooter, doesn't pass enough, takes heat check shots, it's funny how does imaginary glasses work. Phil Jackson would love players like Fields and Amar'e on offensive sets, he ran triangle w/ Rick Fox and Smush Parker. Phil knows Melo has too much say on this team, he's the one who's hard to get to buy in.

:facepalm:
hahah! You are delusional. No way in hell phil likes hobbled amare (clumsy), or Landry Fields who is the typical dantoni style system player. Fields looks like he should not even be in the NBA when not playing in a dantoni offense.
If Knicks had traded hobbled amare for howard somehow then phil would have jumped to come coach Melo/howard. It's not like melo shoots anymore than kobe or jordan did in the triangle.

NYSPORTSALLDAY
06-16-2012, 04:36 PM

They had a top 5 defense after Woodson took over slick

Sssmush
06-16-2012, 06:23 PM
From the article it sounded like he was offended that he wasn't even contacted for the job.

.......Jackson continued. “They need to have someone come in that can kinda blend that group together.”

“But wouldn’t you have been the perfect person to come in and blend all that talent together?” Kremer said. “You sort of have a good history of that.”

“Yeah,” Jackson agreed. “Well, it never happened.”.........

I think that Phil can see very clearly the writing on the wall, which is that Carmelo is simply not the type of player that he can coach.

For one thing, Carmelo is a very borderline superstar, and also is not known for his defense, and defense is HUGE for Phil Jackson.

Secondly, he can probably see better than most that Carmelo, based on past observable experience, is not the kind of player that is going to "buy in" to a system like the Triangle, and really take the lead being the coach's #1 guy and leading the rest of the team into the new system. I don't want to be like everyone else and say that Carmelo is "selfish," but it does seem clear that Carmelo is very willful and has strong ideas about the game, and would clearly resist, battle and undermine a strong coach like Phil Jackson.

Overall, the Knicks roster also doesn't have a deep core of solid professionals, who could handle the responsibility that Phil puts on a team, of letting them somewhat police themselves, call their own plays out of the triangle, go through bad swings without timeouts being called, and just generally play at a high level without a coach yelling at them from the sidelines. If nobody yells at Carmelo from the sidelines, how can he be pouty and defiant? It just doesn't work.

I think on a team like Miami, if you had Carmelo in kind of a Lamar Odom role, where a Lebron or Durant was the Kobe or the Michael, then a team with Carmelo might work out. But a team centered around Carmelo is just not Phil jackson worthy, whether or not you have Stoudemire or even Dwight at center. imo.

Sssmush
06-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Teams like the 2000 Lakers or the 90's Bulls actually had very intelligent and mature players with a high degree of professionalism and pride.

Players like Pippen and Jordan, or Kobe and Shaq or Gasol, as well as role players like Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Robert Horry, Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, etc etc were extremely experienced and had very high levels of maturity, intelligence and pride in their game.They were willing to shoulder the responsibility and go far above and beyond what the coach was asking of them.

I think that Stoudemire is that kind of player, but Carmelo still seems the kind of player that needs a coach to "make" him play, and wants to play all those little power games, and probably gets fined for being late to meetings and that kind of thing. The kind of player that if the rest of the team said "hey, you're screwing up, you gotta do different" then he would just say "**** all you guys, I don't need you or like you, I am the superstar and if the team doesn't like me then just trade me."

Both the Bulls and the Lakers had homegrown superstars in Kobe, Pippen and Jordan who were drafted from day one by those teams, and had a huge sense of ownership and leadership in their franchises.

I don't need to go on about this, it should be fairly obvious what I'm saying.

billsftw
06-16-2012, 06:38 PM
They had a top 5 defense after Woodson took over slick

then keep woodson chump

billsftw
06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
hahah! You are delusional. No way in hell phil likes hobbled amare (clumsy), or Landry Fields who is the typical dantoni style system player. Fields looks like he should not even be in the NBA when not playing in a dantoni offense.
If Knicks had traded hobbled amare for howard somehow then phil would have jumped to come coach Melo/howard. It's not like melo shoots anymore than kobe or jordan did in the triangle.

LOOL fields and amare

billsftw
06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
thats a huge sample size

did he count the playoffs?

xxplayerxx23
06-16-2012, 07:28 PM
1.Lets see what happens going into next year with traning camp
2.Phill didnt win it all with smush kobe kwame teams so whats your point?
He is over rated as a coach, he wins it all with great talent, He obviously is a great coach but the Goat? Not sure.

xxplayerxx23
06-16-2012, 07:30 PM
did he count the playoffs?

19-10 including playoffs, Not saying that is what he should be judged on but not bad at all right there, and thats a little more then a regular grace pd.

nystandup
06-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Not disagreeing with what he said but it's obvious Phil is butt hurt. Why does a coach with the pedigree of his even need to say anything then?

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Not disagreeing with what he said but it's obvious Phil is butt hurt. Why does a coach with the pedigree of his even need to say anything then?

Because it was an interview. In 100% of interviews on party will ask questions and the other party will answer.

They were talking about him going to the Knicks, they team and him talked about it but an offer was never made. And based on Phil's comments if there would have been an offer he would have declined, because he is less than thrilled about the talent on the team.

Why are you so butt hurt. Is it because a coach with his pedigree says based on his judgment that you aren't close to being a dynasty team, which is the situation Phil looks for?

dbramforskins21
06-16-2012, 09:12 PM

Sounds like your the one thats butt hurt, that someone with way more knowledge of the game and how a championship team is built said your team basically is not built to win in the playoffs because yall have to "stars" that need the ball in the hands to be effective, and the ball movement stops when it hits Melo's hands. Knicks fans accept it...Yall are FAR away from a championship and probably wont win one for another 20 years.

dbramforskins21
06-16-2012, 09:17 PM
He never will. This is the same dude who openly thinks 'Melo is a better scorer than Durant.

Now hes lost all respect that he hasnt earned from me yet...:mad::confused:

Sssmush
06-17-2012, 03:09 AM

the media is asking him. He was just being honest.

He might also be playing a few headgames... why would he play headgames with the Knicks?

... maybe he's looking at one more run with the Lakers possibly. Otherwise if he stays in the East obviously it has to be Miami, New Jersey, Chicago or Boston if Rivers retires, or possibly Orlando.

Those are the only teams that would pay him $12M + a year and have a shot to contend.

KniCks4LiFe
06-17-2012, 12:40 PM

I can't even..........:facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
06-17-2012, 12:48 PM

Obvs I'm not talking about thier current health. Fields and Amar'e are players that fall in line when an alpha male isn't present. Problem w/ Melo and why Phil wouldn't risk it w/ him is b/c he thinks he's the greatest player, when all he does is score w/ the team sacrificing thier game for his points. Melo isn't Kobe, he's not even a Starbury, Stephon atleast in his crazy head would listen to a Phil Jackson, Melo is the mold of an Allen Iverson, he thinks everything he does is great, is for the team's own good, I'm not picturing a good season even after training camp. Too many parts of his game he is not willing to sacrifice and eventually the team reverts to sluggish games.

Everyone brings up the 2 week stretch they were fighting for the playoffs and what not, none of those players after thier "leader" quit on a coach had a choice, now to start a season and teams will strategize on this Melo-ball offense, I don't see anything good coming from it.