PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls could get Evans and the 5th pick for Noah?

Ilovetosuckdip
06-15-2012, 08:45 PM
A deal for Evans has been much speculated upon everywhere. But the Kings are said to want a lot and would hardly add the No. 5 pick with him. Maybe you get the pick for Noah. Hardly Evans and the pick. Maybe you get Evans and the pick for Noah and Deng, which would be ridiculous for the Bulls to do. It makes little sense for either side. NBA.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I read an article on ESPN that the bulls should trade noah and the 29th pick for tyreke evans and the 5th pick. Any chance that happens and if it does who do the Bulls take at 5?

Andrew Burgess

Sam: I wrote some speculation about Sacramento and the No. 5 pick last Monday in my NBA column. Iíve gotten several emails like this, but it makes little sense. My point of mentioning the Kings was with Deng because the Kings are desperate for a small forward and maturity. They have a center they love in DeMarcus Cousins and donít much need Noah. In fact, they have a player like Noah in Jason Thompson. Noah would be a reserve for them. But once someone speculates on a deal someone at ESPN usually comes up with a version of their own. The Bulls, however, do need Noah with Omer Asik a restricted free agent. Yes, the Bulls can match. But is Asik ready to be a 35 minute per game starter. So then youíd have to take a big man, assuming Drummond, with that pick and heís several years away from being ready. Derrick Rose would love starting over when he returns, Iím sure. And the Bulls strength is their front court. With Rose out itís more important than ever. A deal for Evans has been much speculated upon everywhere. But the Kings are said to want a lot and would hardly add the No. 5 pick with him. Maybe you get the pick for Noah. Hardly Evans and the pick. Maybe you get Evans and the pick for Noah and Deng, which would be ridiculous for the Bulls to do. It makes little sense for either side.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/ask-sam-sam-smith-opens-his-mailbag-061512.html

if you could get a deal of noah for evans and the 5th pick, thats an absolute steal if you ask me, you trade a 10 pt 10 rebound center in noah who has maxamized his talent, and get back a 5th pick who could be drummond or gildchrist or anyone who has great potential, and you get evans who averaged 20, 5, and 5 in his rookie season?

sign me up!

even if they wanted deng, who shot just 41% from the field last year, even PRIOR to his wrist injury the bulls have butler who has proven to be a solid defender even in the small amount of time he has played this season

this move gives the bulls the ability to get their young players(butler, and asik) more minutes so they can develop, and they get evans who will be the number 1 option till rose comes back

face it bulls fans, 2013 is a wash for you guys, even if rose makes it back by febuary, do you seriously think he will be prepared and ready enough to play the way he is supposed to play by the playoffs? and the chemistry of the team as well? do you really think that he will come back and they will be able to gain their on court chemistry back fast?

not to mention the fact this team already has 0 #2 option, Luol deng as a "#2 option" averaged 17 pts in 2011 and 14 in 2012, not to mention this clown is going to have to get wrist surgery

i would definately take this deal, see how evans plays this season, and see if he is worthy of an extension rather than go forward with the same roster and pray rose will return to form before the playoffs

you add evans to the team, and maybe draft drummond you have:

evans, lucas and maybe a jason kidd
hamilton,brewer
butler,korver
boozer,gibson
asik, drummond

this team will be fighting for the 8th seed in the east at very least

not to mention you save cap on noah and deng's contracts

a move like this is perfect, maybe in that following offseason you give evans 10 a year for the next 4 or whatever, then in what 2-3 years lebron,wade, kevin love and alot of other allstar players will be free agents, amnesty boozer by then, add mitrotic and kevin love, and you are talking about a title team

ManRam
06-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I thought the original ESPN Insider was just someone's opinions on what some good trades would be.

I looked in the Bulls forum, and they seemed to universally think that Noah + #29 for Evans and #5 was a bad trade.

I get that they'd lose a ton of size, but I don't get why Bulls fans wouldn't like that. Evans alongside Rose would be great. And a 5th pick? Why not.

John Walls Era
06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Potentially Tyreke, Rose and Harrison Barnes.

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Noah and 29 for #5. Draft Barnes
Deng and char first for 2nd pick. Draft beal

For the future

Rose
Beal/rip
Barnes/butler
Gibson/boozer
Asik

Sound good to me. Higher ceiling than the current team IMO

Plus bulls are great at drafting bigs

ManRam
06-15-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't think it makes sense for Sacto though. I can't see why they'd do it...at all. In fact, it makes no sense to me. sfgiants is here, maybe he'll shed some light...

ManRam
06-15-2012, 08:54 PM

For the future

Rose
Beal/rip
Barnes/butler
Gibson/boozer
Asik

Why the hell would Charlotte ever do that?

Phenomenonsense
Potentially Rose Reke Deng Boozer/Taj Drummond.

DerekRE_3
I thought the original ESPN Insider was just someone's opinions on what some good trades would be.

I looked in the Bulls forum, and they seemed to universally think that Noah + #29 for Evans and #5 was a bad trade.

I get that they'd lose a ton of size, but I don't get why Bulls fans wouldn't like that. Evans alongside Rose would be great. And a 5th pick? Why not.

Problem is Reke can't play off the ball or shoot. He does have major potential defensively though. He can guard 2's, 3's, and slower PG's (which there aren't a lot of).

Absolutely no way they trade Reke AND the 5th pick for Noah though.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Good trade for the Bulls, Kings on the other hand would have to be stupid to do it.

justinnum1

For the future

Rose
Beal/rip
Barnes/butler
Gibson/boozer
Asik

Get their first round pick back.

TylerSL
I don't think it makes sense for Sacto though. I can't see why they'd do it...at all. In fact, it makes no sense to me. sfgiants is here, maybe he'll shed some light...

I voted no, not because I thought It would be a bad trade (in fact it would be a great trade for Chicago), but I don't think Sacramento would ever do this.

Catfish1314
06-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Geoff Petrie is committed to assembling a more athletic frontcourt. Cousins and Noah are polar opposites and thus borderline perfect complements together, but that's not a great deal for the Kings.

Evans with a jumpshot is an All-Star and a top 25 player in the league. He's managed to be quite productive without one. With enough work, he can still develop some semblance of range, as least as much as Wade has. He's only 22 years old. Evans with a jumpshot and a game away from the ball is an elite player. He and the 5th pick for Noah, regardless of how much I like him, makes no sense for the Kings.

ManRam
06-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Get their first round pick back.

Which won't be as good in all likelihood as the pick they'd be sending away. Deng isn't a great piece to rebuild around either.

ManRam
06-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Problem is Reke can't play off the ball or shoot. He does have major potential defensively though. He can guard 2's, 3's, and slower PG's (which there aren't a lot of).

Absolutely no way they trade Reke AND the 5th pick for Noah though.

I agree. That's not enough value for Reke AND the 5th.

Neither Rose or Reke are great shooters, but I still think it would a very dynamic back court...I think it could work.

koetravis
06-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Good trade for both teams. Sac-town was shopping Evans at the deadline. They also get a perfect compliment to Cousins.

sacgiants1213
06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Geoff Petrie is committed to assembling a more athletic frontcourt. Cousins and Noah are polar opposites and thus borderline perfect complements together, but that's not a great deal for the Kings.

Evans with a jumpshot is an All-Star and a top 25 player in the league. He's managed to be quite productive without one. With enough work, he can still develop some semblance of range, as least as much as Wade has. He's only 22 years old. Evans with a jumpshot and a game away from the ball is an elite player. He and the 5th pick for Noah, regardless of how much I like him, makes no sense for the Kings.

I'd trade either or for Noah but, like you said, trading both for Noah wouldn't be using those assets to their fullest potential.

NYMetros
06-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I think that would be a terrible trade for Chicago.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Good trade for both teams. Sac-town was shopping Evans at the deadline. They also get a perfect compliment to Cousins.

Seeing that Noah is 27, was drafted 9th in 2007 has reached his ceiling, and is sitting on the bench in crunch time for the Bulls doesn't make it seem like he is a great trade piece.

Tyreke who is 22, 6'6 SG was a 4th overall pick a couple years ago, who still has room to grow as a player. Plus adding the 5th pick.

This doesn't make sense. While Sac might be trying to get rid of Tyreke, why would they try to get someone who is less productive offensively and has reached their ceiling, for a player who is solid, young and has potential and add on top of that a lottery pick.

This is just sad if anyone thinks this would ever happen. Same with the Deng for a 2nd idea.

CHIhatzi333
06-15-2012, 09:10 PM
I love this move if the bulls could get Evans and the 5 pick for Noah and the 29th pick. But wouldnt do it if they have to include Deng, thats 2 much

YoungOne
06-15-2012, 09:11 PM
awful for either side...

kenzo400
06-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Who wrote this crap article? "Hardly Evans and the pick" How many time can a person make that statement...

kenzo400
06-15-2012, 09:15 PM

For the future

Rose
Beal/rip
Barnes/butler
Gibson/boozer
Asik

Bobcats are not going to take Deng and his awful contract for the second pick.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Bulls fans would be crazy not to like this trade.

Ezio
06-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Bulls fans would be crazy not to like this trade.

Then I'm crazy

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I would do this if im chiago, Evans is a good player, he can play the 2 guard, good scorer, good size . rose evans deng Gibson boozer top pick would be great for chiago. i dont get it for sac Why noah? dont you have cousins at the center

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't think Evans is that good

Ezio
06-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Oh and check the IP of the user.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't think Evans is that good

he is very good, He is coming off a bad year with injuries, I think he would be really good in chiago

popo85
06-15-2012, 09:46 PM

Agreed, Kings can get way more for Tyreke and such a high pick.

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Something like asik for Wes mathews is what Chicago needs

Cal827
06-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I remember last year when so many people would have loved to have a Reke-Rose backcourt. A passing SG with a scoring PG.

I think Reke can get a lot better, just needs to work a little on his shooting. I do this if I'm Chicago in a Heartbeat. Not only does it bring two guys with lots of potential, it also opens cap space... Noah and Deng are about 20 mill off the cap... Lets face it, Miami is going to win the east again next year (Rose will be out way too long for Chicago to be relevant at least next year), so might as well grab some guys that have good potential. Think about after Next year

Rose
Evans
Draft Pick (Barnes?)
Boozer
??? (Drummond?)

Better yet... grab Barnes with the 5th pick, amnesty boozer and then they have the cap space to make something funny happen next off-season

Rose
Evans
Barnes
???
Howard?

I know Howard said he won't play in CHC... but he's bipolar. By then he'll love tbe idea lol

2-ONE-5
06-15-2012, 09:51 PM
i dont see why the Kings would deal Evans and the 5th for Noah and i dont see the league allowing it. If its Deng, Noah for Evans and 5th thats a fair deal however i dont think Evans fits with the Bulls. would be a great move for the Kings tho

kjoke
06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Noah is worth maybe a top 5 pick in this draft, throw in Tyreke Evans a young player who was also a high, high draft pick.....

Bulls really overrate their players if they say no.

king4day
06-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Let's not bait in the polls next time

Silent
06-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Sign me up

Rose Reke Gilchrist Taj Drummond

Losoway
06-15-2012, 10:03 PM
LMAO . ITS NO WAY THE KINGS GIVE UP EVANS AND 5TH FOR NOAH .... i wouldnt trade a bag of chips for butter finger noah

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-15-2012, 10:03 PM
No, I wouldnt do that at all. Noah is what makes their D so great. No center in the NBA besides Dwight make the same impact (No not Chandler).

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 10:29 PM
No, I wouldnt do that at all. Noah is what makes their D so great. No center in the NBA besides Dwight make the same impact (No not Chandler).

Noahs a great defender help defender everything defense and hustle but chandler doesnt have the same impact come on man

Teeboy1487
06-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I would do that deal if I was the Bulls GM.

Neosheed
06-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Bobcats are not going to take Deng and his awful contract for the second pick.

How is contract awful? He only makes 13 per year and he's the 5th best sf behind KD,LEBRON,Paul,and melo. He gives you 17-18pts per game,defends very well can shoot the three,good moving with out the ball I say he earned his contract

blastmasta26
06-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Don't like it for either. Reke isn't the type of player to put next to Rose, he's a ball handler that doesn't have the skillset to compliment Rose. And Noah is a good hustle guy and passing big, but Cousins is the center there and either one of those guys playing PF could hurt them against athletic frontcourts.

khaleesi
06-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Kings would not get better with that trade and would be over loaded with bigs. Sheesh, Jason THompson should be a starter somewhere and he is in back of Cousins.

Catfish1314
06-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Don't like it for either. Reke isn't the type of player to put next to Rose, he's a ball handler that doesn't have the skillset to compliment Rose. And Noah is a good hustle guy and passing big, but Cousins is the center there and either one of those guys playing PF could hurt them against athletic frontcourts.

I think he'd be great next to Rose once his off-guard game develops. The Bulls desperately need a secondary ball handler who poses a threat to score off the bounce. Rose is the only guy on the roster who can do that consistently. It would be ideal if Evans had better range, but I expect that will improve eventually.

blastmasta26
06-15-2012, 11:30 PM

I think he'd be great next to Rose once his off-guard game develops. The Bulls desperately need a secondary ball handler who poses a threat to score off the bounce. Rose is the only guy on the roster who can do that consistently. It would be ideal if Evans had better range, but I expect that will improve eventually.

I get that the Bulls need another scorer who can create by himself, but his shooting is lacking. If he can develop his shooting and off-ball play as you say then I agree he would be great.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Speculation speculation speculation.....

PleaseBeNice
06-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Kings would never do this, giving up WAY too much for Noah. 29th pick isnt good either. Id like Noah on the Kings but not at this steeeeep price

MagicBucsSox
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Terrible trade both ways. Evans and Rose play too similar. Chi town needs a shooter not another penetrator. And Drummond will not be there at #5.

Oldmantrash
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM
If I were the kings I wouldn't trade the 5th pick straight up for Noah, let alone throwing in Evans.

DeyAce
06-15-2012, 11:48 PM

For the future

Rose
Beal/rip
Barnes/butler
Gibson/boozer
Asik

My dream right here

MagicBucsSox
06-15-2012, 11:51 PM
^wtf?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Evans will struggle off the ball and he can't shoot at all. Can't see how him and Rose work.

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Ah ****.

Report: New Orleans in talks with dealing #1 pick for Taj Gibson

BHF
06-16-2012, 12:21 AM
i wouldn't give them Evans for Noah and Dang let alone add the 5th pick

effen5
06-16-2012, 12:23 AM

Do you even watch Evans? He's ****in terrible.

Blazers#1Fan
06-16-2012, 12:25 AM
theyve been using Reke at SF

i think Noah,Deng,29th for ReKe 5th is the better trade for both

Noah
Cousins
Deng
Thorton
Thomas

29th/(Kaman,Pryzbilla)??
Boozer
Barnes
Evans
Rose

BHF
06-16-2012, 12:28 AM

yes i know Evans and he was injured for most of the season, let me put it to you this way i wouldn't give them the 5th pick for Noah and Dang let alone add Evans

Blazers#1Fan
06-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Ah ****.

hornets gotta do it

ChitownBears22
06-16-2012, 12:32 AM
hornets gotta do it

It only makes sense. they would be dumb to pass on Gibson.

Confusious
06-16-2012, 12:41 AM

For the future

Rose
Beal/rip
Barnes/butler
Gibson/boozer
Asik

Would do those moves in a second. Doubt those teams would though. Kings would probably do the Noah deal though.

meloman1592
06-16-2012, 12:46 AM

agreed

naps
06-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Why the **** on earth Kings would even think of this?? LMFAO!

I wouldn't ever consider the 5th pick alone for Noah, let alone Tyreke+5th.

Tyreke+Harrison Barnes/Andre Drummond for Noah? I'll repeat **** NOOO!!

Oh and btw, I was a gator too and I like Noah a lot.

jerryred
06-16-2012, 01:04 AM
if they give that much for Noah, then wat would they give for Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol

Catfish1314
06-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Some of you are reacting as if this is news. It's pure speculation. Neither side has confirmed or even suggested they would be even mildly interested by such a trade.

PleaseBeNice
06-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Some of you are reacting as if this is news. It's pure speculation. Neither side has confirmed or even suggested they would be even mildly interested by such a trade.

Exactly. Idk if some people think the teams have actually contacted each other about this, Petrie would hang up so quick

b@llhog24
06-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Ah ****.

They should do it. Gibson is a far better defender than Davis would ever be.

b@llhog24
06-16-2012, 01:13 AM

:laugh:

Sinestro
06-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Nah Sacramento is giving up too much that said I would love this trade as a Bulls fan but naaaah Sacramento would be silly to do this

ChongInc.
06-16-2012, 01:39 AM
they would sooner trade deng for the 5th.

dee279
06-16-2012, 01:56 AM
How is contract awful? He only makes 13 per year and he's the 5th best sf behind KD,LEBRON,Paul,and melo. He gives you 17-18pts per game,defends very well can shoot the three,good moving with out the ball I say he earned his contract

5th best SF? What?! I can not agree on that one.

dee279
06-16-2012, 01:59 AM
if they give that much for Noah, then wat would they give for Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol

Hopefully nothing because A lineup with Bynum and Cousins?! You throw in Mcgee and you might have the 3 most immature Centers on 1 team. They would probably fight eachother for the ball.

Blazers#1Fan
06-16-2012, 02:29 AM
It only makes sense. they would be dumb to pass on Gibson.

Gibson G.O.A.T.

KingPosey
06-16-2012, 03:02 AM
Why would we (Sac) do this? It makes zero sense many reasons.

seikou8
06-16-2012, 03:29 AM
dghdhdjdgdjdjdgjdyjdjgjdhjdfhkfkdhhdhjgsdgsdhssfgs fsfsfjsfjsjfsfjjsfsfjsfsj

makes more sense than this trade

Giannis94
06-16-2012, 03:30 AM

because their charlotte....duh!

Neosheed
06-16-2012, 04:29 AM
5th best SF? What?! I can not agree on that one.

Who's better?

BHF
06-16-2012, 04:38 AM
lbj
durant
melo
pierce
gay
iggy
and on and on and on + he is injured at this point ill take almost every starting sf over him

King41
06-16-2012, 04:48 AM
rose and tyreke i don't think that would be a good duo

Badluck33
06-16-2012, 06:28 AM

half the members of the bulls forum wanted Beasley over Rose too....

effen5
06-16-2012, 09:06 AM

Half is really pushing it

justinnum1
06-16-2012, 10:17 AM

really?

h2r09
06-16-2012, 10:25 AM
tyreke evans isn't anything special. that being said, neither is noah and if you can get the 5th pick in the draft you do it.

LanceUpperCut
06-16-2012, 10:39 AM
The deal is horrible for Sac. Not sure how anyone would think it's bad for the bulls. I'd think the 5 pick alone is worth at least Noah if not more but to add Reke to is just crazy. I can't see a Rose and Reke back court meshing to well but the Bulls could swap him for another good piece if they had to.

WickedBadMan
06-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Loled at the first page of the thread on the Bulls forum. "No way I would do this deal!!"

Don't worry, you're safe, 0% chance Noah nets a lottery pick and Evans.

effen5
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM
really?

Well if you remember, we had a decent pg but some of the bulls forum wanted beasley because we were desperately seeking a low post scorer while the rest of us knew Rose was the right choice....didn't know he was going to be this good though and Beasley be this bad.