PDA

View Full Version : First Morrow, then Drabek, now Hutch?

TRIUMPHATOR
06-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Blue Jays starter Drew Hutchison left in the first inning with an elbow injury.

According to Mike Wilner "he did not hear a pop".

Can this get any worse?

Bob_at_york
06-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Now that you have jinxed them by asking the question, yes it can get worse.

TRIUMPHATOR
06-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I wish I could take the blame for Dustin, Jesse, Sergio as well. But the reality is this is just an inconceivable turn of events.

PS. Maybe you want to blame me for Sorotka as well.lol

What I meant by worse is not so much by injury but rather how bad can it get without 60% of our starting pitching, plus our opening day LF and 1B in the minors?

mtf
06-15-2012, 08:59 PM
I wish I could take the blame for Dustin, Jesse, Sergio as well. But the reality is this is just an inconceivable turn of events.

PS. Maybe you want to blame me for Sorotka as well.lol

What I meant by worse is not so much by injury but rather how bad can it get without 60% of our starting pitching, plus our opening day LF and 1B in the minors?

Is this rhetorical or do you want people to tell you possible scenarios in which the Blue Jays would be in worse condition going forward?

Jays Claw
06-15-2012, 09:09 PM
It seemed as if they all got hurt by over-throwing the ball. Are our pitchers trying too hard?

TO Rapz
06-15-2012, 09:21 PM
What the ****..

FlakeyFool
06-15-2012, 09:23 PM
You forgot bomber

Sanyo
06-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Either the Jays pitchers are not warming up properly or they have the worst luck.

Now we will see Cecil, Chavez and likely either Carreno or one of Perez or Villeneuva being converted (dont want to see Laffey get the spot, 4 lefties as starters is overkill).

BlueJayFanDan
06-16-2012, 02:00 AM
I am not liking this at all...

es0terik
06-16-2012, 03:02 AM
First Morrow, then Drabek, then Bomber, then Hutch. It's a conspiracy.

Lavy16
06-16-2012, 03:07 AM
Next up....Coco :rolleyes:

nithanyo
06-16-2012, 03:34 AM
We were due. didnt have a serious starter injury since 08 when we lost Mcgowan, Marcum and to a lesser extent Litsch destroying arguably the best rotation in blue jays history.

LanceUpperCut
06-16-2012, 06:22 AM
I just hope Hutch isn't going to need surgery.

We need a spark from Vegas up here give Snider, Hech and TA the call up, get a washed up starter like Francis etc. who could be as good as Drabek was before he left anyway and throw Villeneuva into the starters roll and keep your fingers crossed waiting for Morrow.

StayOnBoard
06-16-2012, 09:20 AM
We were due. didnt have a serious starter injury since 08 when we lost Mcgowan, Marcum and to a lesser extent Litsch destroying arguably the best rotation in blue jays history.

:rolleyes:

mike_noodles
06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
What terrible luck.

AA09-?
06-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Obviously starting pitching is becoming this teams greatest need.

JaysFan87
06-16-2012, 10:32 AM
As expected, #Bluejays place Drew Hutchison on the DL w/UCL sprain in R elbow (same as Drabek). Coello called up. #jays

-Wilner

Jay
06-16-2012, 11:49 AM
It seemed as if they all got hurt by over-throwing the ball. Are our pitchers trying too hard?

Without a doubt. Hutchison, in particular, had turned up his velocity on his FB almost 2 MPH over the last three weeks. Management and the coaching staff allowed the trend to continue and we're now sitting in this predicament.

Sanyo
06-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Hutch is clearly overthrowing. Velocity was up but he was walking more batters -- obvious sign of someone overthrowing. Can we also fire Bruce Walton already????

2009mvp
06-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Walks were up from what exactly? Double A? Well no **** he's not gonna be walking a batter every nine innings in the bigs. He was walking three per nine, which is very reasonable given his age/track record. I don't see how any one could say he was obviously overthrowing, that's just ridiculous.

BBB
06-16-2012, 12:22 PM
As always I blame Bruce Walton. I swear this guy is doing something wrong.

joshhorvath
06-16-2012, 01:30 PM
so our starting rotation is..

Romero
Alvarez
Cecil
Coello
Chavez

oh dear lord.. so if Alvarez is next, i have no clue who replaces him

If Romero goes down... by god.. just write the season off and try and get the #1 pick next year!

joshhorvath
06-16-2012, 01:30 PM
just to be blank.. 5 days ago, we had a decent rotation.. now we have arguably the worst in the MLB.

craigerlee
06-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Walks were up from what exactly? Double A? Well no **** he's not gonna be walking a batter every nine innings in the bigs. He was walking three per nine, which is very reasonable given his age/track record. I don't see how any one could say he was obviously overthrowing, that's just ridiculous.

Just to add to that, wasn't Hutch walking more batters when he first came up and was throwing 89-91MPH and walking less when he was throwing 92-94MPH? That's how it seemed to me and I'm sure the stats back that up too, as he walked a lot less in his last 5 or so starts.

es0terik
06-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I wanna see them call up McGuire, Jenkins and Wojo, regardless of how they're going in the minors right now.

Sanyo
06-16-2012, 02:21 PM
I wanna see them call up McGuire, Jenkins and Wojo, regardless of how they're going in the minors right now.

Wojo is definitely not ready. You could try to bring up Deck and Jenkins but they have been plain out horrible this year. Im sure the Jays would have promoted Deck and Jenkins by now if they had been pitching half decent in Double A...in fact Deck would have likely been the first guy to be here in April when Hutch came up...

mtf
06-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Wojo is definitely not ready. You could try to bring up Deck and Jenkins but they have been plain out horrible this year. Im sure the Jays would have promoted Deck and Jenkins by now if they had been pitching half decent in Double A...in fact Deck would have likely been the first guy to be here in April when Hutch came up...

From listening to Farrell and Anthopoulos in spring training, Hutchison seemed to be 7th on the depth chart, behind Drabek at 6. An injury to McGowan and poor mechanics from Cecil created the opening for them. I haven't heard Deck McGuire's name ahead of any of those players from anyone within the organization.

Toxeryll
06-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Just to add to that, wasn't Hutch walking more batters when he first came up and was throwing 89-91MPH and walking less when he was throwing 92-94MPH? That's how it seemed to me and I'm sure the stats back that up too, as he walked a lot less in his last 5 or so starts.

it seemed like he made a mechanical adjustment and in the process got more velocity (different from overthrowing). maybe that adjustment gave more strain to his elbow. i dont have anything to back it up but i think thats a reasonble assumption

Toxeryll
06-16-2012, 11:02 PM

were gonna put jenkins on the 40 man this offseason so jenkins have a shot to be a september call up if he turns it around but not now. i think we'll see mcguire next september at the earliest.. these guys would get destroyed in the bigs, we should not rush them