PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays lose 3 starting pitchers during a 4 game span.

Mitchell133
06-15-2012, 08:01 PM
First Morrow with an oblique strain.

Then Drabek with a slightly torn ligament.

Now Drew Hutchison with a sore elbow, he heard a "pop".

Last year 2 pitchers in the entire MLB were injured prior to the 10th pitch in their respective start, the Blue Jays have had two pitchers go down on the 9th pitch in 4 days. I think you can add another team to the list of seller's for this years deadline.

nirvana235
06-15-2012, 08:08 PM
If Romero and Alvarez gets hurt int heir next start, they'll make history!

H-MYK
06-15-2012, 08:09 PM
This is getting ridiculous, I understand if they can't control it, but c'mon. :facepalm:

the_jon
06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Driven
06-15-2012, 08:14 PM
It's going to be a while until Drabek walks his next batter, I guess.

TrueYankee
06-15-2012, 08:15 PM

:laugh2:

The AL East is going to come down to the Yankees and the Rays. Boston for some reason is just not scoring. Although Ellsbury and Crawford are due back soon..I believe?

Mitchell133
06-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Yep, losing Drabek may be beneficial right now.. But he's losing a year of development.

Morrow and Hutchison though? Ends your season.

homestarunner93
06-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Sounds like they need a trade for Matt Garza.

Chucky Woods
06-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the feeling brewer fans have had all season.

Il Mago50
06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
First of all, **** Matt Garza, he's overrated as hell, no thank you.

Second of all, it is tough for sure. I've been a Jays fan since 2000 and we finally had a feeling this was the year we break out.

Morrow will be back hopefully next month. As for the other two, I'm going to assume that they're both out for 12 months because of Tommy John Surgery.

I do not want to trade our youngsters for a guy like Matt Garza. Simple as that.

Right now, we still have two pretty good pitchers in Romero and Alvarez and it's the offense's turn to pick this team up. Brett Cecil has shown in the past that he can pitch effectively in the AL East and although he won't dominate, he's a decent 4th-5th guy.

After that, it gets shaky. Personally, I really liked Villenueva as a starter. He gives you 5 or 6 pretty good innings and we're not doing him justice right now in the way we're using him. Finally, I would rather keep our big time pitching prospects in the minors because none of them are ready. Therefore, I'd either give someone like Aaron Laffey a shot at the rotation or bring in a guy like Scott Richmond from the minors and see if he can give you a good start here and there.

Romero
Alvarez
Villenueva
Cecil
Laffey

and once Morrow comes back in a month...

Romero
Morrow
Alvarez
Villenueva
Cecil

Which I'd put just under the Rays and Bosox in terms of AL East rotations. We just need the offense to keep us in it till Morrow returns.

FlakeyFool
06-15-2012, 09:22 PM
morrow is rather injury prone so I wasn't really surprised

Drabek is a wiener

Hutchison is concerning. I'd be amazed if he doesn't need TJ

todu82
06-15-2012, 09:28 PM
This is sad, hopefully the injuries are only short-term and all the pitchers are pitching again in August or before.

nirvana235
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
morrow is rather injury prone so I wasn't really surprised

Drabek is a wiener

Hutchison is concerning. I'd be amazed if he doesn't need TJ

How is Morrow injury proned? He missed like a couple of weeks in the beginning of last season and I don't remember him getting hurt a lot in Seattle.

Fly
06-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Damn, that really sucks for Toronto. They do have some depth though, so this might not be as bad as it possibly could be.

nirvana235
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Damn, that really sucks for Toronto. They do have some depth though, so this might not be as bad as it possibly could be.

Not really, all their good pitching prospects are in A-ball.

TO Rapz
06-15-2012, 09:50 PM
So pissed. Especially if Hutch needs TJ, Hutch was starting to look VERY good in his starts lately, this is awful, and pretty much means the season is most likely over.

masTOR_shake1
06-15-2012, 10:31 PM
yea we should be sellers now for sure. trade joey bats, k.j and edwin to stack an already stacked farm like never before. tank for a few years collecting high *** draft picks while lawrie, d'araud, rasmus, gose and hech roll into their prime and we will be remarkable. soo tired of this middle of the road, near .500 ********.

LASportsFan1996
06-16-2012, 04:06 AM
That Is Just Awful, Jays Were Supposed To Break Out This Year...

mtf
06-16-2012, 05:03 AM
That Is Just Awful, Jays Were Supposed To Break Out This Year...

The Jays can't breakout with the current crop of hitters, in my opinion. The only 2 in the lineup that should remain long-term (provided they perform to expectations, or perhaps hopes) is Brett Lawrie and Colby Rasmus. When Anthony Gose and Travis D'Arnaud join the team, it'll form more of a concrete core to develop around. It will still need additions though, and hopefully it takes shape before Jose Bautista's best-before date has passed.

es0terik
06-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I still see Snider as a long term piece to this franchise.

dodgersuck
06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Terrible luck for the Jays considering their rotation was sketchy to begin with. One of these years they will win the East but I don't think this is their year.

mtf
06-16-2012, 02:30 PM
I still see Snider as a long term piece to this franchise.

I hope he is as well, but I have a suspicion that the management doesn't like him and as soon as they get an opportunity, they'll move him.