PDA

View Full Version : is it proper for injured players to be in a club?

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 04:14 PM
We've heard stories of injured players doing things that make some wonder if they really care and here comes the story of Imam Shumbert, one of the Knicks best players partying it up and barely escaped the Drake/Brown brawl. Do you think it's appropriate for Shumbert to be in such an environment in his condition and under contract?

Shumpert, the Knicks' injured rookie, confirmed on Twitter Friday morning that security had gotten him out of the club unscathed before the bottles started flying. On Friday afternoon, we learned that Parker wasn't so lucky.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tony-parker-got-shards-glass-eye-during-drake-174449702--nba.html

albertc86
06-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Tony Parker was also there... He supposedly got hit by some glass too.

KingPosey
06-15-2012, 04:24 PM
They are allowed to ****ing have social lives....

LongIslandIcedZ
06-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Lol he was in a club. Let the kid have a social life. Most clubs don't have giant fights that break out between pop stars.

Troll thread fail

Kenny
06-15-2012, 04:29 PM
congrats you might of started the dumbest topic on psd.

BobbyHillSwag
06-15-2012, 04:34 PM
no he should be workin on his game. **** outta here op ****** dont give a **** about bball after the season is over. one day you'll learn the reason why arenas and rashard lewis wouldnt give a **** if every fan in the world called them the worst players in nba history.

BigBlueCrew
06-15-2012, 04:35 PM
congrats you might of started the dumbest topic on psd.

It is, til he makes his next thread

Hawkeye15
06-15-2012, 04:40 PM
no he should be workin on his game. **** outta here op ****** dont give a **** about bball after the season is over. one day you'll learn the reason why arenas and rashard lewis wouldnt give a **** if every fan in the world called them the worst players in nba history.

What the hell are you talking about?

And to the OP, no, players are allowed social lives. And a 21 year old living in NYC tends to gravitate to where young ladies are gyrating their babymakers. That is called a club.

ManRam
06-15-2012, 04:45 PM
It's not like going to a club is some rigorous and dangerous physical activity. Of course it's OK. It's the off season too.

Punk
06-15-2012, 04:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with it. He was there with friends, Parker is friends with Drake, Iman, etc. It just happened to turn into a big nightmare.

For pathetic reasons too. I'm glad he wasn't hurt compared to Chris Brown's bodyguard (disturbing images of him online in the hospital )

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Hahahaha....I like the mob mentality here, just try to fit in by patterning your comment like the person above right? What is dumb? Dude tore his left ACL and will be out for about 8 months and you don't see anything wrong with him already in the club? You do realize that he is under contract right? it's time people stop been obnoxious and start been real, you're a knicks fan, so what....what he did was dumb. He should not he in any place that he could find himself in more trouble. People get drunk at clubs and things happen such as the brawl that happen, he is making MILLIONS for crying out loud. Reserve the clubs for when you get better. GOSH, enough of all your ignorant comments, don't try to turn this on me.....I am not the one making multi-millions with a torn leg but somehow hitting the clubs about a month later.

goNYgoNYgo
06-15-2012, 05:02 PM
i agree, players should be confined to their rooms that have built in gyms and bathrooms during the offseason. they should be allowed outside only 1 hour a day, and that too in a fenced up environment, away from danger. i know some of you are thinking, "wow, is this guy crazy?" but listen, players are human, they need atleast one hour of outside time.

Kuya_Clive
06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Fine by me, he's just doing what most young kids do. Also, it's early in the off-season and you can't expect him to do a whole lot of physical activity. He's obviously been rehabbing his injury and there isn't a whole lot else he can really do right now.

goNYgoNYgo
06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Hahahaha....I like the mob mentality here, just try to fit in by patterning your comment like the person above right? What is dumb? Dude tore his left ACL and will be out for about 8 months and you don't see anything wrong with him already in the club? You do realize that he is under contract right? it's time people stop been obnoxious and start been real, you're a knicks fan, so what....what he did was dumb. He should not he in any place that he could find himself in more trouble. People get drunk at clubs and things happen such as the brawl that happen, he is making MILLIONS for crying out loud. Reserve the clubs for when you get better. GOSH, enough of all your ignorant comments, don't try to turn this on me.....I am not the one making multi-millions with a torn leg but somehow hitting the clubs about a month later.

with your logic he shouldn't get in a car either

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Nothing wrong here, to the dude that said work on his game. Players dont work on their game 24 hours a day, plus he cant he is inured, so OP what do you suggest we lock him in his room and not let him out (besides to the gym) until the season?

Ezio
06-15-2012, 05:06 PM
He didn't initiated the fight and wasn't involved = who cares.

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:06 PM

I guess you use your left leg when you are driving? your comment dont even make sense. Comparing a club to driving a car...didn't know a car can get drunk and start brawling.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2012, 05:08 PM
:laugh2:

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:09 PM
He didn't initiated the fight and wasn't involved = who cares.

The point is, that is not the place to be for someone in his condition. The club environment can be very unpredictable....take time off young man, there will be plenty of time to party. When I have simple sprain I stay away from the clubs and I am not even under contract and making millions. In his job, his health is important, you dont get healthier partying it up in the club.

xxplayerxx23
Stay in your room Boy!

Da Knicks
What is Iman thinking getting out of his bubble, this dude just doesnt learn. Every player should be forced to live in a bubble until the contract ends and supervision should be done by dnewguy!!

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:11 PM
What is Iman thinking getting out of his bubble, this dude just doesnt learn. Every player should be forced to live in a bubble until the contract ends and supervision should be done by dnewguy!!

Your attempt at comedy hit a sour note. anyways, when he isn't ready to play next season......blame it on the alcohol.

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Stay in your room Boy!

I may be odd or something but I find there are plenty other things to do in life than going to the club. I may be wrong :confused:

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 05:13 PM

You didnt know that? what have u been under a rock?

Ezio
06-15-2012, 05:14 PM
At least he's not Patrick Kane. :pity:
Rose was at a concert the other day, guess I should I go make a thread about that.

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Some fans wonder why their franchise is always the butt of jokes, no accountability.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I may be odd or something but I find there are plenty other things to do in life than going to the club. I may be wrong :confused:

I agree with that but he is 21 years old he shouldnt be told what he can and cant do if its legal. going to a club is no big deal man, He had sercurity and plenty of people there if something like this happened,

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Rose was at a concert the other day, guess I should I go make a thread about that.

Start it up

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Rose is a role model, a very well behaved gentle man. Going to a concert just shows you how normal he is, a concert is different from a club btw. I am pretty sure Rose went to a concert where thugs aren't all over the place. What a great guy on and off the court....unlike some other injured players.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 05:20 PM
wait a second so nothing bad happens at concerts? comeon cant have it both wayys, there have been no reports saying shump is a bad guy on or off the court, What are you even saying, cant have it both ways

Hawkeye15
06-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Rose is a role model, a very well behaved gentle man. Going to a concert just shows you how normal he is, a concert is different from a club btw. I am pretty sure Rose went to a concert where thugs aren't all over the place. What a great guy on and off the court....unlike some other injured players.

Dude, move on. He can have a social life, my god. Why is it okay for Rose to attend a concert or Rubio to attend a Lynx game, but Shumpert can't go to a club? Believe it or not, gunfights and slammed drunk people falling over everywhere are not typical of a club.

BobbyHillSwag
06-15-2012, 05:22 PM
he should be in an insane asylums maybe he will work on his game 24 hours a day. no social activiies are allowed. It is completely unacceptable not to be working on his game. if hes too injured sit in the room with padded walls and work on the mental aspect. hell call up goku,piccolo,vegeta,and the rest of the homeboys and go train basketball in the hyperbolic time chamber under 100x gravity.He might even turn super saiyan shumpert. everyone thought the legendary super saiyan nba player was a myth including freezbe and lebuu.

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:22 PM
wait a second so nothing bad happens at concerts? comeon cant have it both wayys, there have been no reports saying shump is a bad guy on or off the court, What are you even saying, cant have it both ways

Let's be respectful of Rose, he is the former league MVP and face of Adidas, can't be comparing him to Shumpert.

A club can be roudy and people get drunk, kids go to concerts, it's usually a family atmosphere. It's different from a club my friend.

xxplayerxx23
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Let's be respectful of Rose, he is the former league MVP and face of Adidas, can't be comparing him to Shumpert.

A club can be roudy and people get drunk, kids go to concerts, it's usually a family atmosphere. It's different from a club my friend.

Um You can compare them when it comes to how they act, what are you even saying Murders happen at concerts, people drink there too point is you can get hurt anywhere you are, Walk out of your house anything can happen,

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Dude, move on. He can have a social life, my god. Why is it okay for Rose to attend a concert or Rubio to attend a Lynx game, but Shumpert can't go to a club? Believe it or not, gunfights and slammed drunk people falling over everywhere are not typical of a club.

A club is different from a concert or a WNBA game.......those guys you mentioned are perfect examples of people still having a social life without having to go mix up with women and alcohol in a club.

mikekhelxD
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM

I guess you use your left leg when you are driving? your comment dont even make sense. Comparing a club to driving a car...didn't know a car can get drunk and start brawling.

But a car can be involve in an accident? I thought that it was obvious...

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
he should be in an insane asylums maybe he will work on his game 24 hours a day. no social activiies are allowed. It is completely unacceptable not to be working on his game. if hes too injured sit in the room with padded walls and work on the mental aspect. hell call up goku,piccolo,vegeta,and the rest of the homeboys and go train basketball in the hyperbolic time chamber under 100x gravity.He might even turn super saiyan shumpert. everyone thought the legendary super saiyan nba player was a myth including freezbe and lebuu.

You lost me here.

RLundi
06-15-2012, 05:29 PM
This a joke?

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 05:34 PM
This a joke?

The joke is players under contract still misbehaving. If you are under contract to play in professional sports, you are obligated to stay in the best shape. How about players refund teams when they make mistakes off the court? what if people were rushing out of the club and he got mistakenly re-injured on the leg? There has got to be some accountability here......we cant compare him to us, we are not under contract to anyone.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2012, 05:38 PM
A club is different from a concert or a WNBA game.......those guys you mentioned are perfect examples of people still having a social life without having to go mix up with women and alcohol in a club.

And who are you to decide what a person can, and can not LEGALLY do on their own time? Do you really think athletes are not normal men who like to occasionally drink alcohol and have sex with women?

Hawkeye15
06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
This is seriously the dumbest argument possible.

juggla53
06-15-2012, 05:40 PM

You do realize that just because he went to a club doesnt mean he was having dance offs with everybody there right? its pretty normal to sit at a table and order drinks even at a club. whats the problem and how would it be any different then sitting at a bar? the knicks dont own this dude regardless of you keep bringing up how he is under contract, and i dont think people are ganging up on you, your point just wasnt very valid

KingPosey
06-15-2012, 05:41 PM

next time youre hurt or call in sick, you cant go anywhere then because you have a job.

Your thread was dumb, and youre embarrassed that you are getting picked on. I get it.

juggla53
06-15-2012, 05:45 PM

concerts dont have drunk people or rowdy crowds? im just going to go ahead and assume you've never been to a concert, and no **** kids go to concerts but most likely not the same ones derrick rose goes to. Rap concerts or bands like Metallica have family atmospheres? yeah maybe a will smith concert when he was still on fresh prince

nycsports2
06-15-2012, 05:45 PM
i think its ok y not??? ive seen plenty of injured players in offseason in the club

KingPosey
06-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Concerts are safe, family atmospheres? Since when?

juggla53
06-15-2012, 05:49 PM
The joke is players under contract still misbehaving. If you are under contract to play in professional sports, you are obligated to stay in the best shape. How about players refund teams when they make mistakes off the court? what if people were rushing out of the club and he got mistakenly re-injured on the leg? There has got to be some accountability here......we cant compare him to us, we are not under contract to anyone.

what if the concert rose was at had to be evacuated and he re-injured his leg?

Max.This
06-15-2012, 06:14 PM

1 question. If this was Dwade, Lebron or any other HEAT player, would you say the same thing? They've been to the club before, and if you dont believe that, then :clap:

John Walls Era
06-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Hell no. All athletes need to be locked up in the team's facilities. They can't party or even talk to people, they can damn right forget about their families.

eman
06-15-2012, 06:19 PM
I am not going to agree with dnewguy but can kinda see where he is coming from. These athletes lead privilege lives getting to do something that millions of people would love to do. Not giving it the proper respect is the problem. Hindsight is always 20/20 so it is very easy to sit here and criticize someone after the fact and I am certain Tony Parker and Iman Shumpert were not looking for trouble but trouble still found them.

I am always amazed about the situation Plaxico Burress found himself in. He was suspended from the NFL and served jail time because he felt so threatened when he went out he decided to break the law and take a concealed firearm into a night club that goes off and injures Plaxico. If you felt that threatened why go out at all?

StarvingKnick22
06-15-2012, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToN5Lfbshk My *****'s enjoyin the ride. What wrong with that?
http://chasing23.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Lebron-disappointment.bmp

b@llhog24
06-15-2012, 07:09 PM
dnewguy is mad his mom won't let him go to clubs.

ManRam
06-15-2012, 08:22 PM

You can walk with a torn ACL...

All you need to do to be in a club is walk. Hell, you don't even need to walk. You can just sit.

What do you think people do at clubs? It's hardly any different than going to the mall, then sitting down and eating an Auntie Anne's Pretzel, the getting up and walking to jamba juice and drinking a few jamba juices while socializing/talking with people.

KnicksTape
06-15-2012, 09:25 PM
He was most likely sitting down in the VIP section of the club. And I didn't see anywhere that it said he was drunk or anything. Although he can do that if he wants due to his age. Nothing he did was wrong. Saying there is other things to do is correct but if he chose to go to a club where other celebrities were why are you crying about it. You will feel like an idiot when next season comes around and he is healthy.

Kevj77
06-16-2012, 12:58 AM
I guess you use your left leg when you are driving? your comment dont even make sense. Comparing a club to driving a car...didn't know a car can get drunk and start brawling.I do it is called a clutch. You can get in a car accident and it can be the other persons fault and yes sometimes it involves alcohol.

BlinkManJan02
06-16-2012, 01:21 AM
They are allowed to ****ing have social lives....

lmao, this is right.

flclfanman
06-16-2012, 01:41 AM
^

lol at this guy (Dnewguy, not the porn peddler :laugh:)

aztr0
06-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Pretty dumb thread. Just because he is injured, he is not supposed to go outside anymore? He was at a club with high rollers. Who would have thought Drake and Chris Brown would start chucking bottles all over the place?

RaiderKid318
06-16-2012, 04:48 AM

lol dude read the news people almost died at a justin bieber concert! What do you think will happen at a grown adult concert full of drunk idiots packed in close to each other? O and the kids that go to concerts do that stupid mosh pit stuff that would certainly screw up a players leg more than sitting at a club and drinking. Security (if he has it) can protect you in a club, but in a concert it can't. To null my point and yours making us both look dumb, but to prove a point, he would probably be in a VIP room either way which prevents any harm from happening to him and allowing him to have good safe fun. We both lose there.

Heatcheck
06-16-2012, 10:48 AM

you sound real narrow minded, and like you have no clue how the real world works. nothing about going to a club is irresponsible or wreckless. nor does it mean he isnt working on his game. and "somehow hitting the clubs a month latter"? really? standing in a room "dancing"? you act like he was ski jumping.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Missing56&33
06-16-2012, 03:56 PM
No I think he shouldn't have been there, its to soon after his surgery. I just hope he can become a smart player but its obvious hes' not a smart person.

knicksfan42
06-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

^ This