PDA

View Full Version : Shane Battier The X FACTOR, or NOT?

rohan.bhatt58
06-15-2012, 03:40 PM
If you have been watching this year's entire playoffs the honest x factor for the Heat has been Shane Battier in my opinion. To begin with, his defense has been stellar. His ability to move his feet, stay on the ground and get a hand in the defenders face has been great for the Heat. Not only that this year in the playoffs why is Lebron averaging better numbers? Why has Lebron never scored 30 points or more in the playoffs now has back to back 30 point performances? Its because Shane Battier has guarded the best player in almost every round of the playoffs. He has been a tremendous pick up, a tremendous defender and a amazing shooter. He drills wide open three's and takes away from the oppurtunity to double team. Last year, the Heat struggled to hit those wide open shots Battier always hits. Mike Miller used to be in Shane Battier's role but now isn't. Its funny how people will forget players like Shane. He works harder than any player on defense, and has a knock down 3 point jump shot. To me, he has been the X factor all playoffs long. He has been the silent change that will lead the Heat to a finals victory if they do beat OKC. What do you think? Who do you think is the X factor for the Heat so far?

koreancabbage
06-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Bosh is the X Factor

greg_ory_2005
06-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Yes, Battier has played very well so far.

MadBomber
06-15-2012, 04:02 PM
They needed every bit of Battier's contribution, it would definitely be harder for them to win. 17 points in both games so far, that's big time imo for someone that wasn't expected to give much offensively.

clydebino
06-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Congrats to battier fro straight playing like a boss, but I sure do hope it goes away soon.

King41
06-15-2012, 04:25 PM
battier played very well it comes to the bench and the play of bosh

MTL_123
06-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Battier's is some what our x factor because him hitting his 3s opens the lane for Wade and Lebron. I remember wen we signed battier and lot of people on this were site like that was a stupid signing, and saying that he would barely do anything lol

HesterJordan23
06-15-2012, 05:46 PM
i was thinking the same thing battier stays consistent okc will have a rough time if he drops ice cold its all up to bosh.. but i dont see the same bosh i saw last year

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Prevents okc from playing 2 bigs.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I like Battier, but he is not the x-factor. Bosh is the x-factor. Bosh's ability to hit 15-17ft jumpshots opens up driving lanes. Driving lanes allow LBJ and Wade to drive and get doubled/tripled. This allows a player like Battier to be wide open for jumpshots.

He is not creating anything himself, he is doing what he did all year, except OKC is being dumb and not putting themselves in position to close out on his shot.

Missing56&33
06-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Shane Battier........please......Miami got lucky the bank was open for him on that 3.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Shane Battier........please......Miami got lucky the bank was open for him on that 3.

wahhhhhhhhhhhh. It happens. I guess you have never over shot and banked one in. You should be in the NBA!

fadahway
06-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Jealousy got you bad huh?

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 08:22 PM

Cool story bro

seikou8
06-15-2012, 08:23 PM
i think mario chalmers is the x factor i think he is a soild pg when he gets the shots he can finish at the rim and has a solid jumper.

Daye&Knight
06-15-2012, 08:30 PM
He's been playing well on offense but ok on defense. He guards the teams best player but they always score big on him he's not locking them down

Bruno
06-15-2012, 09:06 PM
He's huge for their floor spacing. Battier has gone 15/26 from three since game six of the Boston series (when Miami was down 3-2). That's 45 points on 26 shot attempts, and that creates the space necessary for James, and especially Wade to attack effectively.

Over the same time period, Chalmers has gone 7/14 from three.

Battier and Chalmers have combined to go 22/40 (55%) from three since game six of the Boston series, it's been huge for Miamis offense. That's fantastic outside shooting, and it allows James and Wade to operate with space in the paint.

beasted86
06-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Very solid role player. Same goes for Chalmers, but not nearly the same defender. Both of these guys are picking up the slack that Mike Miller and Haslem (offensively) should have been delivering.

beasted86
06-15-2012, 09:12 PM
He's been playing well on offense but ok on defense. He guards the teams best player but they always score big on him he's not locking them down

Is there such thing as a lock down defender in today's NBA?

Name one, and I'll call you a liar and prove it with statistics and gamelogs.

A good defender is just supposed to make a player take tough shots, that's it. If a player scores 30 shooting fadeaway jumpshots from 19 ft out jumping off the wrong foot, so be it. Battier has done a very solid job defending guys and drawing charges.

Daye&Knight
06-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Is there such thing as a lock down defender in today's NBA?

Name one, and I'll call you a liar and prove it with statistics and gamelogs.

A good defender is just supposed to make a player take tough shots, that's it. If a player scores 30 shooting fadeaway jumpshots from 19 ft out jumping off the wrong foot, so be it. Battier has done a very solid job defending guys and drawing charges.

But he's not making a player take tough shots they are getting to the places they want and scoring on him easily..the only time some one struggles is when Lebron guards them..but battier does takes good charges and has been on fire from downtown but I just think he's overrated as a defensive player

TylerSL
06-16-2012, 01:20 AM
to be fair, he wasnt hitting 3's near this clip before the Finals. Dont get me wrong, Battier is straight up ballin in the Finals. He forces OKC to play small, and because so, Miami has outplayed OKC throughout the first 2 games. However, IMO its Bosh. Bosh gives Miami length. Opens the floor for Lebron and Wade, and his presence makes the Miami Heat halfcourt offense mesh.

beasted86
06-16-2012, 02:43 AM
But he's not making a player take tough shots they are getting to the places they want and scoring on him easily..the only time some one struggles is when Lebron guards them..but battier does takes good charges and has been on fire from downtown but I just think he's overrated as a defensive player

I don't know what Shane Battier you have been watching. I'm very satisfied with how he is contesting shots and his versatility to defend anyone 1-4. LeBron is more athletic and shines more in the public's eyes, but Battier is the guy playing defense every possession. LeBron takes possessions off a lot of times, and doesn't contest many shots because he's scared of foul trouble. Battier is the guy doing the dirty work for 48 minutes.

justinnum1
06-16-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't know what Shane Battier you have been watching. I'm very satisfied with how he is contesting shots and his versatility to defend anyone 1-4. LeBron is more athletic and shines more in the public's eyes, but Battier is the guy playing defense every possession. LeBron takes possessions off a lot of times, and doesn't contest many shots because he's scared of foul trouble. Battier is the guy doing the dirty work for 48 minutes.

This.

blastmasta26
06-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I saw Battier as a good signing when it happened, then began to question it seeing his play. But he's stepped up in the playoffs and could very well be the key role player for their title shot.