PDA

View Full Version : The Media outrage against Miami returns

dnewguy
06-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Does anyone remember Steven A rant after Miami won game 1 v. Boston? Well, Boston went on to get biased calls in the next 4 games but no one complained. Now look at game 1 in finals and Miami got hosed and everyone knew but no outrage.....now because of 1 play the media is outraged...yet no one seem to mention the offensive foul on Battier that led to the run to begin with?

Why does the media only get outraged when Miami wins games and there is a controversial call? I watched the Lakers/OKC series and Kobe gets mugged but no one seem to complain when OKC win but if World Peace had a little contact, they're all calling for the death penalty....what's going on?

FYI...Harden does taunt players after a made shot, he knowingly walks close-up to them, he did it to Chalmers today.

Fnom11
06-15-2012, 12:51 AM
I think most of his points are valid.

1. Either game 3 or 4 Boston got some pretty one sided calls but no one from the TV crew even questioned it.
2. OKC-Spurs was reffed very one sided and not many people complained.
3. Harden does taunt but that's pretty well known.

ALSO PLZ, take notice how NO ONE is complaining about flops tonight because the Heat didn't really flop but Harden flopped nearly 5-7 times tonight. Basically the Heat epitomize double standards.

popo85
06-15-2012, 12:54 AM
OKC is considered all class act yet Harden is a huge flopper and a thrash talker.

llemon
06-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Does anyone remember Steven A rant after Miami won game 1 v. Boston? Well, Boston went on to get biased calls in the next 4 games but no one complained. Now look at game 1 in finals and Miami got hosed and everyone knew but no outrage.....now because of 1 play the media is outraged...yet no one seem to mention the offensive foul on Battier that led to the run to begin with?

Why does the media only get outraged when Miami wins games and there is a controversial call? I watched the Lakers/OKC series and Kobe gets mugged but no one seem to complain when OKC win but if World Peace had a little contact, they're all calling for the death penalty....what's going on?

FYI...Harden does taunt players after a made shot, he knowingly walks close-up to them, he did it to Chalmers today.

You know, I'm amazed Heat fans can take all this persecution.

P.S.......Steven A is an idiot that gets paid to rant.

People the pay attention to Steven A are bigger idiots than he is.

Lakeshow24KB
06-15-2012, 01:05 AM
You know, I'm amazed Heat fans can take all this persecution.

P.S.......Steven A is an idiot that gets paid to rant.

People the pay attention to Steven A are bigger idiots than he is.

Not entirely true. Idk about you but I can't say, aww Stephen a smith is on time to turn the channel. I love watching him make a fool of himself or others.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 01:08 AM
I love hearing people quote Stephen A. as if he is some sort of authority. Did the dude even play ball? What makes him credible?

Master Mind
06-15-2012, 01:13 AM
OKC is considered all class act yet Harden is a huge flopper and a thrash talker.

I didn't want to believe it but man that dude acts better than he plays.

llemon
06-15-2012, 01:13 AM
I love hearing people quote Stephen A. as if he is some sort of authority. Did the dude even play ball? What makes him credible?

The fools that pay attention to him

DaSeba5
06-15-2012, 01:14 AM

Nothing. People just think that because he's on TV his opinions matter more than anyone else.

ThunderousDemon
06-15-2012, 01:16 AM

"they must find it difficult .... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority" - Gerald Massey

Seems appropriate. :D

TylerSL
06-15-2012, 01:22 AM
and as you can all see, everybody who talked all the **** is nowhere to be found right now. And they will be back if Miami loses Game 3.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-15-2012, 01:23 AM

yelling

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 01:24 AM
yelling

Solid point.
TJ FORD IS THE GREATEST PG OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThunderousDemon
06-15-2012, 01:26 AM
yelling

Those who speak the loudest know the least!!!!!!!!, RIGHT?

llemon
06-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Solid point.
TJ FORD IS THE GREATEST PG OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. Your capitalizing makes me believe it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Those who speak the loudest know the least!!!!!!!!, RIGHT?

http://thedailyrival.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/stephenajamarcus1.jpg?w=640

ewing
06-15-2012, 01:30 AM

Cheese Doodles

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-15-2012, 01:55 AM
I love me some Steven A. vs. Skip debates...... Usually by the end I want to choke them both out tho....

QueensG
06-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Miami is losing this series and I am here to talk ****. thunder played incredibly bad and Miami played really good and just won by 4. im not hiding and im talking **** win or lose mother****ers

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Miami is losing this series and I am here to talk ****. thunder played incredibly bad and Miami played really good and just won by 4. im not hiding and im talking **** win or lose mother****ers

Some would say the Thunder played on par for the season. Durant putting up his points, Westbrook taking a ton of shots, Ibaka getting his blocks, and Harden doing his thing from the bench. All seems normal.

TylerSL
06-15-2012, 02:01 AM

thanks for the input.

llemon
06-15-2012, 02:03 AM
thanks for the input.

You were asking, even begging for that, weren't you?

Rivera
Miami won the game and there fans are still cryin and complanin wah wah wah

QueensG
Nah that first half performance was not on par at all

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:04 AM
thanks for the input.

thank you!

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:07 AM

Actually it was. They are a slow starting team.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Miami won the game and there fans are still cryin and complanin wah wah wah

You lost the game and you are trolling.

TylerSL
06-15-2012, 02:08 AM

fail troll is fail

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:09 AM

Actually it was. They are a slow starting team.

not that slow though. they put themselves in an early hole too deep to overcome and they almost pulled out a victory regardless. no worries

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Why should you be worried. You aren't a HEAT fan or a Thunder fan. Your team is no longer in contention. You are now just a hater.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:11 AM

fail troll is fail

I give your response big womp womp. you were calling out the fairweather fans and im not one. so now you come up with a lame answer when someone calls your bluff

llemon
06-15-2012, 02:12 AM
fail troll is fail

And dumb is dumb. But being that you're dumb, that's probably a little over your head.

And based on the thread's theme, you are the troll in here.

THE MTL
06-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Miami got some calls, but it didnt change anything.

1st- Foul at end on Durant. There was some contact, but you NEVER get the call on the last shot. and everyone knows that.

2nd- Battier took a charge from Durant late in 4th and it was called a blocking foul. That was CLEARLY on offensive foul. He was planted and everything. Therefore Durant didnt pick up his 6th foul.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:14 AM
okc is my second favorite team in the league so yeah I consider myself a thunder fan. I would only root against them if its against my Knicks. but anyway I've hated the heat since the Alonzo morning PJ brown Tim hardaway days so no im not hopping on the heat bandwagon like everyone else brotha.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:15 AM
okc is my second favorite team in the league so yeah I consider myself a thunder fan. I would only root against them if its against my Knicks. but anyway I've hated the heat since the Alonzo morning PJ brown Tim hardaway days so no im not hopping on the heat bandwagon like everyone else brotha.

So you aren't an OKC fan. Good to know. You are a secondary fan. And are here to troll and hate.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:17 AM
the game ended when battier made that backboard lucky three at the end and like I said the thunder still almost pulled out a victory

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:18 AM
But they didn't.

It is 1-1. Not almost 2-0

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:19 AM
what's wrong with having a second favorite team? nothin

llemon
06-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Miami got some calls, but it didnt change anything.

1st- Foul at end on Durant. There was some contact, but you NEVER get the call on the last shot. and everyone knows that.

2nd- Battier took a charge from Durant late in 4th and it was called a blocking foul. That was CLEARLY on offensive foul. He was planted and everything. Therefore Durant didnt pick up his 6th foul.

Battier's feet were still moving when Durant went up for the shot.

Cole got away with the same thing vs. Harden.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:21 AM
im pretty sure a lot of people in this thread have another favorite team besides the heat or the thunder

llemon
06-15-2012, 02:21 AM
what's wrong with having a second favorite team? nothin

Of course. Thunder aren't close to being my favorite team, but almost every NBA fan has a rooting interest in each playoff series.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Battier's feet were still moving when Durant went up for the shot.

Cole got away with the same thing vs. Harden.

Any comment on the hack by KD on LeBron a minute before the "charge/blocking" play. KD hacks lebron the ref picks up his whistle, looks and sees it is KD and puts the whistle down?

See HEAT fans can find blown calls too. Also pinning the ball by Ibaka on Bosh, Ibaka hip checking Chalmers out of bounds.

llemon
06-15-2012, 02:23 AM
But they didn't.

It is 1-1. Not almost 2-0

True. This ain't horseshoes nor hand grenades.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:24 AM
if your not a heat fan your a hater according to heat fans

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:25 AM
when all you do is cry foul and you are never giving any credit then yes you are a hater.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:34 AM
so am I far from the truth when I say the thunder just played poorly and lost by 4?

NSJ
06-15-2012, 02:36 AM
when all you do is cry foul and you are never giving any credit then yes you are a hater.

Lol why do you let it bother you? I'd suggest not opening anymore threads that concern fouls or refs if you don't want to deal with those types of conversations. Maybe people are hatin on you and your comments back to them aren't going to help the cause.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:36 AM
im not blaming refs. all im saying is the that thunder played really bad and the heat played really good and they only won by 4. good win tho. Durant will make lebron kiss the ring

NSJ
06-15-2012, 02:37 AM
so am I far from the truth when I say the thunder just played poorly and lost by 4?

I'd say that's pretty accurate, but the heat did a good job defensively.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:38 AM

Yes because they played poorly at home. They went down 18-2 and it was history from there. It wasn't until the 4th when the HEAT took thier foot off the pedal did OKC start showing up. The HEAT played an ok game. Didn't get any production out of Haslem again. You could say that Battier played big but he is playing well because he isn't really sitting so Miller can get minutes. Battier has been getting to his spots and hitting the shots. This doesn't surprise any Battier fans.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Lol why do you let it bother you? I'd suggest not opening anymore threads that concern fouls or refs if you don't want to deal with those types of conversations. Maybe people are hatin on you and your comments back to them aren't going to help the cause.

I just like pointing out how bias people can be. I can be too, but to be bias because you hate a team is pathetic. I have homer goggles for sure but I don't root against teams unless they are playing the team I like.

QueensG
06-15-2012, 02:40 AM
it happens. the thunder beat a team who won 20 straight. then crushed them 4 straight times. so Im pretty confident in okc

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:42 AM
it happens. the thunder beat a team who won 20 straight. then crushed them 4 straight times. so Im pretty confident in okc

That good, you should be. they have a good team. Will be hard to win in Miami, I don't expect a sweep at home but I do expect winning 2 and trying to win it all in OKC

NSJ
06-15-2012, 02:51 AM
I just like pointing out how bias people can be. I can be too, but to be bias because you hate a team is pathetic. I have homer goggles for sure but I don't root against teams unless they are playing the team I like.

Your tellin me there's no team in any sport that you dislike and root against them when they're on television or in a big game? There aren't many sports fans that can say they don't have a team that they dislike.

ChitownBears22
06-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Your tellin me there's no team in any sport that you dislike and root against them when they're on television or in a big game? There aren't many sports fans that can say they don't have a team that they dislike.

I'm a Bears fan and I didn't root for GB in the Super Bowl. But I didn't sit on a message board and hate on the team after they won, pointing out every little insignificant event of the game.

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-15-2012, 02:53 AM

ehhh I wouldn't say crushed..... and I'm pretty sure Spurs fans have something to say about the reffing in Game 6 of the WCF

QueensG
06-15-2012, 03:13 AM
again how am I hating?

TylerSL
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
again how am I hating?

nobody saying anything about you hating. Your doing alot of crying tho...

Hawkeye15
06-15-2012, 12:17 PM
If you haven't tuned out Stephen A. Smith at this point, that is on you.

ink
06-15-2012, 12:21 PM
If you haven't tuned out Stephen A. Smith at this point, that is on you.

This.

If it's Steven A. Smith we're talking about as media outrage it's not credible enough to even worry about.

John Walls Era
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Because hes loud and exaggerates. Most of these ESPN guys do have a lot of experience with journalism though.