PDA

View Full Version : Even Though We Won, I am NOT SATISFIED: Read Why....

Nikeman
06-15-2012, 12:25 AM
I don't post often anymore, but to those people saying we played great this game, we almost lost it.

A) BOTH games, we came out with amazing energy building 12+ point leads both games. You can see everyone involved, and most plays work out.

BOTH games, in the second half, we start to play "iso-ball", and have defensive lapses allowing OKC to get back into the game.

Our late game execution is still not there, Wade with the turnover, turnovers by Chalmers, Battier with a LUCKY bank shot, LeBron hit an amazing shot, but its not a shot we want to take, we just make it hard on ourselves.

IF we played 48 minutes of good, hard basketball, we would be up 2-0 right now and in prime position to close the series at home.

I do not believe we can win 3 straight in Miami, OKC is to good to lose 3 straight games, and now we need to go back to OKC and win.

Nikeman
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
We dominated this game, the ending was "exciting" to watch, but I'd rather we dominate the whole game.

Jemikz9Clutch
06-15-2012, 12:36 AM
count me in. lebron almost become invisible at the 4th. seriously, he has some issues at the 4th quarter. all he does is pass and chuck shots instead of dominating like the last 3 quarters. i dont even know if i can his bank shot clutch. i felt it was a fluke because, i dont recall james is good at shooting bank shots at those angles. but his last 2 FTs are good for now.

good thing wade stepped up especially at the fourth. and bosh with 15 rebs but i he is still sometimes surprised at the ball that gives him the tendency to have stone hands. also he needs to finish those close shots and feeds to him.

but they are still not of the hook. they need to do better 'til we get that championship trophy. props to battier though.

Slug3
06-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Well OKC was at home. You expect them to make runs.

kntresistheheat
06-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Oh c'mon! Give these boys some credit. We just beat a very good OKC team! It's going to be like this the whole series...so get use to it. Some of you guys are sounding like the same heat haters. Listen, I get mad and frustrated with these guys just like you and rightfully so, and thats because we know what this team is capable but we got to support this team a bit better than we have the past two season.

Just believe!

billsftw
06-15-2012, 01:08 AM
i agree with this
personally i didn't watch the fourth quarter (mainly coz i had to go somewhere) but its not like i couldn't have followed the score
our team is very streaky and we have to rely on a bit of luck to win

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Give OKC some credit. We played good the first half, the 2nd half our defense was salcking and our offense grinded to a halt, we fix thos 2 things i like our chances

CHANGO
06-15-2012, 01:11 AM
8-0 at home this postseason... 8-1 now...

4-3 road team...

They are on the Finals, now without homecourt advantage. Going with a record of 4-3 to Miami to play 3 straight games. I'm satisfied.

Nothing is easy! We absolutely can play better, they too, but they were in their homecourt with those crazy fans and that record, now is time to face adversity, let's see how they respond.

billsftw
06-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Give OKC some credit. We played good the first half, the 2nd half our defense was salcking and our offense grinded to a halt, we fix thos 2 things i like our chances

we've had 2 years to fix that

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-15-2012, 01:16 AM
it was only close cos of wade's turnover.

but its ok we didnt lose

and at home, we will blow them out.

thunder are overrated.

Master Mind
06-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Lack of focus at the end.

Kenny
06-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Your on the road in the nba finals against another great team what do you expect them to not make a run back at you?? comeon the nba is about game of swings. And Lebron wasn't as agressive in the 4th at times because they were trapping every pick and roll. The Heat have to adjust there offense in the 4th and give Wade and Bron the ball closer to the basket it can't be from 30 feet out try to get a pick and take it to the hole every play

Jemikz9Clutch
06-15-2012, 01:42 AM
i give them credit on the win, however i dont like the second half performance. I'm not a heat hater, but the reason i criticize even if we win is because i demand to see excellence from them and give it all to win. Just my nature. Especially that we are in the finals, the real business why the big 3 is here.

AllBall
06-15-2012, 02:24 AM
8-0 at home this postseason... 8-1 now...

4-3 road team...

They are on the Finals, now without homecourt advantage. Going with a record of 4-3 to Miami to play 3 straight games. I'm satisfied.

Nothing is easy! We absolutely can play better, they too, but they were in their homecourt with those crazy fans and that record, now is time to face adversity, let's see how they respond.

This, this, and this.

I mean, where you expecting a pretty win in the Finals? The only way we where getting a win on the road was by ugly basketball, whether it be by a slow grind it out fashion or a high offense see who can withstand the offense type which is also ugly in the Finals because it always involves lots of turnovers because of the pace. Don't expect blowouts in the Finals.

Mambo Kings
06-15-2012, 02:28 AM
If the ref doesn't blow that foul on Durant's shot at the end, the Heat lose this game. Durant should have gone to the line and the guy's automatic from the stripe. Tied up, with the Heat on their heels, fuggedaboutit. So, thank you, refs, for giving South Florida some hope in this series. I'll just point out one other thing: attention, Spoelstra: Durant had 5 fouls the entire 4th quarter and your boys didn't go at him at all to get him out of the game. FAIL.

AllBall
06-15-2012, 02:35 AM
I'll just point out one other thing: attention, Spoelstra: Durant had 5 fouls the entire 4th quarter and your boys didn't go at him at all to get him out of the game. FAIL.

Oh, so I guess I was the only one who saw our players trying to get charges drawn (like that no call on Battier where the refs freaked and decided to give Battier the foul) and others trying to draw fouls off Durant during his foul trouble the refs wouldn't call it. Yeah, it goes both ways. :rolleyes:

Mambo Kings
06-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Oh, so I guess I was the only one who saw our players trying to get charges drawn (like that no call on Battier where the refs freaked and decided to give Battier the foul) and others trying to draw fouls off Durant during his foul trouble the refs wouldn't call it. Yeah, it goes both ways. :rolleyes:

You don't foul out Kevin Durant, at home, in a Finals game, drawing a charge. The fact is Kevin Durant was untouched by Miami's offense after he picked up his 5th foul with basically the entire 4th quarter remaining. Durant, playing with 5 fouls, almost single-handedly won this game for OKC. It was a complete oversight not to go after him.

FreakaNashur
06-15-2012, 02:46 AM
well said.

a foul that wasn't obvious
very crafty foul, a veteran move by lebron

Nikeman
06-15-2012, 03:22 AM
I am the furthest thing from a "Heat hater".

I never agree or respond when 99% of our fanbase says to "TRADE WADE", or Spo sucks!

After the game 5 loss, I NEVER once said it was over, because I had a gut feeling the Heat would win the series.

I am stating, that the HEAT have made it a trend this season to play ONE HALF of basketball, not a full game.

This game, after the 17 point lead, I knew in my stomach it would be gone, after the third, this time, they kept an 11 pt lead after 3, and in the 4th it becomes a nail biter.

This team cannot sustain a lead, they get a lead, play content, and play ISO James, ISO Wade. Sometimes Wade and James can win us the game, but I'd rather not see this type of basketball.

Nikeman
06-15-2012, 03:27 AM
it was only close cos of wade's turnover.

but its ok we didnt lose

and at home, we will blow them out.

thunder are overrated.

LOL,

One of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen.

A) It was cut to a 5 pt game BEFORE Wade's turnover... from a 17 pt 1st half lead, and a 11 pt lead entering the 4th.

B) Just because the Heat are at home, doesn't mean they start with a lead, its an even game, home-court gives a slight advantage but it doesn't mean we go 3-0.

PS- Miami has the WORST home crowd I have EVER seen, so I am not even sure how much homecourt advantage we have lo.

C) Thunder overrated? Their 4 best players are I believe 23 or younger and they have beaten some of the best teams in the West. So please.

billsftw
06-15-2012, 04:25 AM
LOL,

A) It was cut to a 5 pt game BEFORE Wade's turnover... from a 17 pt 1st half lead, and a 11 pt lead entering the 4th.

B) Just because the Heat are at home, doesn't mean they start with a lead, its an even game, home-court gives a slight advantage but it doesn't mean we go 3-0.

PS- Miami has the WORST home crowd I have EVER seen, so I am not even sure how much homecourt advantage we have lo.

C) Thunder overrated? Their 4 best players are I believe 23 or younger and they have beaten some of the best teams in the West. So please.

agree with everything you just said. Unfortunately, i wish you were wrong.

HeatCheck69
06-15-2012, 05:29 AM
cant you just be HAPPY that we won?

flashwade03
06-15-2012, 07:38 AM
me too ..its just the heat is too good at the beginning and the thunder in the end ..its like a contrast ..final score matters to me ..i think u can never too impressive against this athletic ,young ,long OKC team..just look at what they did to spurs ? ..it seems like spurs is gone forever now after that dominant playoff run ..
so as long as we win its okay on me .not to mention you`re only going to remember if you win ..

HeatCheck69
06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
you notice how, last series, the refs missed a call late in the game? and then the officiating started going the celtics' way? damn

devilsheat25
06-15-2012, 09:43 AM
If the ref doesn't blow that foul on Durant's shot at the end, the Heat lose this game. Durant should have gone to the line and the guy's automatic from the stripe. Tied up, with the Heat on their heels, fuggedaboutit. So, thank you, refs, for giving South Florida some hope in this series. I'll just point out one other thing: attention, Spoelstra: Durant had 5 fouls the entire 4th quarter and your boys didn't go at him at all to get him out of the game. FAIL.

He's automatic from the line? Have you not watched him there these 2 games?

ManRam
06-15-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't think LeBron was INVISIBLE in the 4th...I think he was too ready to pass.

He sat out the first 3.5 minutes. He had a few assists. He was trying to get Bosh and Wade going. I actually liked how the Heat played late in the game. They DIDN'T play hero ball...they kept playing team basketball.

He did have 6 points. He did have 2 assists. He did have 3 rebounds. He scored four of the team's last 6 points, effectively icing the game twice.

But yeah. Just like Wade, you'd like to see him be more aggressive and not settle. He took too many deep shots in the 4th, when he had basically taken none all game long.

Good win. I'm sure it was a bit stressful, and I'm sure that doesn't make you too confident, but you're playing the other best team in basketball. Nothing is going to come easy. That was an impressive win, even though it was close.

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't think LeBron was INVISIBLE in the 4th...I think he was too ready to pass.

He sat out the first 3.5 minutes. He had a few assists. He was trying to get Bosh and Wade going. I actually liked how the Heat played late in the game. They DIDN'T play hero ball...they kept playing team basketball.

He did have 6 points. He did have 2 assists. He did have 3 rebounds. He scored four of the team's last 6 points, effectively icing the game twice.

But yeah. Just like Wade, you'd like to see him be more aggressive and not settle. He took too many deep shots in the 4th, when he had basically taken none all game long.

Good win. I'm sure it was a bit stressful, and I'm sure that doesn't make you too confident, but you're playing the other best team in basketball. Nothing is going to come easy. That was an impressive win, even though it was close.
My only problem with lebron in the 4th was he killed our offense by poinding the ball for 20 secdonds and then trying to force passes, we need ball movement all game long, even if we have a lead late in the game, but lebron had 2 huge clutch plays

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
LOL,

lol.. ignorant?
yeah ok lemme drop some knowledge for u 'heat fans'

a. thunder are a good comeback from behind team. heat were up 5 30 secs left. wade dribbled through traffic and fisher got the steal which led to the 3. REGARDLESS of the 'comeback', heat were in perfect position throughout the game to win it and were up 5 with 30 secs left. wade shouldnt have risked the dribble thru traffic.

b. obv someone doesnt get the simple fact that playing AWAY from a hostile enviroment, our role players step up.
if you looked at variables, which obv u didnt, youd realize that the crowd helped thunder get second chance oppurtunities, rev up the thunder bench players, etc.

and oh ps- being the 'worst home crowd' when we were top 5 in attendance doesnt change the fact that i stated in b.
where our role players step up at home, and theirs dont.

not saying we will go 3-0. just saying we are at a big advantage.

*drops mic

unleashthebeast
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
You aren't going to steamroll a team in the NBA finals for an entire game, that isn't going to happen. Teams will make runs, because only the best teams make it this far. This game was also played in OKC, so you would expect them to make a run.

Bottomo line is this: 1-1, headed into Miami. We need to grab at least 2 of these next 3.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
You aren't going to steamroll a team in the NBA finals for an entire game, that isn't going to happen. Teams will make runs, because only the best teams make it this far. This game was also played in OKC, so you would expect them to make a run.

Bottomo line is this: 1-1, headed into Miami. We need to grab at least 2 of these next 3.

i agree. but i can tell u one thing, if the heat play as aggressive as they did in game 2, guarantee heat would win easily.

mainly cos their bench players just dont show up away.

collison, perkins, ibaka.

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 11:33 AM
we still have a lot of work ahead, not sure we can expect battier to keep having career games, and okc bench is due to show up in one of these game. We have to take 2 of 3 and it starts with game 3.

All i know is if we play defense all 48 and move the ball on offense all 48 i like our chances.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-15-2012, 11:40 AM
we still have a lot of work ahead, not sure we can expect battier to keep having career games, and okc bench is due to show up in one of these game. We have to take 2 of 3 and it starts with game 3.

All i know is if we play defense all 48 and move the ball on offense all 48 i like our chances.

as long as we play heat defense and attack, thats all we need. cos lebron has the potential and wade to go off for 30+.

lets not forget wade went for 25.
and bron for 32.

and bosh as well. we play at home.. man its gonna be awesome.
obv durant will be mroe aggressive, and westbrook.

but i think heat have a much better shot of winning 2 at least.

kjoke
06-15-2012, 11:40 AM
If theres one game I'm ok with dropping its the second. We CANNOT drop the last game at home. We CANT'T give them momentum going home.

Plus, why do we stop attacking the basket in the second half?

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-15-2012, 11:42 AM
well said kjoke.

and tbh idk lol but when wade phenomenal in the 2nd half and 4th especially while lebron was sittin and thunder were trying to come back 11 down.

i have faith tho.

kjoke
06-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Oh, and the first quarter next game is tremendously crucial. OKC will come out guns blazing considering its three starts in a row that they have played horrible. If we can keep our early lead, it will be a huge moral blow for them

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
1st and 3rd quarters.

we HAVE to win both. and play hard full 48, but focus and destroy them in 1st and 3rd.

Heathead
06-15-2012, 04:07 PM

And Durant shouldn't have been in the game at the point. The blocking foul on Battier was one of the worse calls I have seen. Should have been a charge on Durant and he should have been gone with 6 fouls.

Underdogz∞
06-15-2012, 09:12 PM
While I do agree Heat make it harder than it need be sometimes. Leaving OKC! 1-1 is all I personally hoped for, don't really care about how we got there. I'm just glad they found a way to get the W on their homecourt - not an easy task in the playoffs this year to do.

Jemikz9Clutch
06-15-2012, 10:21 PM
If theres one game I'm ok with dropping its the second. We CANNOT drop the last game at home. We CANT'T give them momentum going home.

i can't believe some of you guys want to lose 1 of our 3 home games. why do want this to happen? am i the only one who wants to win all the 3 home games so we can win it in our arena? why do you guys want to give the thunder give a win? honestly i dont want going back to OKC. i would rather finish it in miami.

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 10:42 PM
i can't believe some of you guys want to lose 1 of our 3 home games. why do want this to happen? am i the only one who wants to win all the 3 home games so we can win it in our arena? why do you guys want to give the thunder give a win? honestly i dont want going back to OKC. i would rather finish it in miami.

Everyone wants to win all 3, it was be incredible to win it all in game 5 on our floor, but if we can win 2 of 3 i would be happy too.

HeatCheck69
06-15-2012, 10:52 PM
i think we can take all 3 to be honest. we've proven that we can be the better team. we just don't play that way in the last 24

dodie53
06-17-2012, 01:59 AM
lebron should post up more.

naps
06-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Did anyone really say Thunder are overrated? They **** out **** of Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs and they are overrated? Beating seasoned championship teams in postseason is the hardest thing to do. Those three teams combined for 10 of last 13 championships.

fadahway
06-17-2012, 08:29 AM

This.

Now is the time 2 shut down all the haterz and give us the damn respect!!!
Lego Heat!!!!

kjoke
06-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Realistically, its slim that we win all three. Sort of like getting fouled on the three. How often do we make all three buckets? I hope we end it in five, but winning four straight is pretty difficult esp now against a great team. If we were to lose one, game 4 would be the weakest moral crusher