PDA

View Full Version : The Dream Team Documentary- NBA TV

D Roses Bulls
06-14-2012, 07:09 PM
If any of you didn't see this last night, it's a good watch. good documentary of the greatest team ever assembled. If this was already posted, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1hVVjMhuM8

Il Mago50
06-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks a million for posting this, you're golden

Lakers + Giants
06-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks, i don't have NBA TV.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 07:17 PM
def will catch this later, thx

BobbyHillSwag
06-14-2012, 07:41 PM
thanks man just watched it on my ps3. i wanted to see christian play bad but them *******s didnt show him none.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Mike didn't want to play for the Olympic team, wanted to decide who else was going to play before he made a decision. Another ******** move that is overlooked by NBA fans. If Kobe and LeBron did this, media and fans would chew them up and spit them out alive.

BobbyHillSwag
06-14-2012, 08:01 PM
it aint a ***** move. no one really cares if lebron or kobe does it either. We need topics to talk about and if that's what we have to talk about then so be it. At the end ofthe day no one really cares about some petty **** like that lol. dont let the media fool you.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-14-2012, 08:08 PM
I encourage everyone to get it going and save it now, because I imagine it will be taken down

NSJ
06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
This was pretty awesome. I thought it was one of the better basketball documentaries I've ever seen.

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2012, 11:28 PM
How do you save it?

Rentzias
06-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Mike didn't want to play for the Olympic team, wanted to decide who else was going to play before he made a decision. Another ******** move that is overlooked by NBA fans. If Kobe and LeBron did this, media and fans would chew them up and spit them out alive.
He had already played (and won gold) at the Olympics previously. You have to remember this was the first time that NBA players were even allowed to play in the Olympics; it's not like today, where the mindset that NBA players on FIBA and Olympic teams is the norm and participation is generally "expected" by fans/media.

BK-TY
06-15-2012, 09:31 AM
GREAT watch!!

effen5
06-15-2012, 09:38 AM
He had already played (and won gold) at the Olympics previously. You have to remember this was the first time that NBA players were even allowed to play in the Olympics; it's not like today, where the mindset that NBA players on FIBA and Olympic teams is the norm and participation is generally "expected" by fans/media.

You can't expect him to know that he's like 16 years old

Rentzias
06-15-2012, 10:14 AM
You can't expect him to know that he's like 16 years old
Did you know Christian Laettner was on the Dream Team?!?!?!?

One part that really stuck out for me was during the Jordan v Magic scrimmage, and you got a chance to see the effect Magic had on his teammates (despite the loss). The way he got the amped and got them to brush off mistakes and just how infectious his energy was (don't do it...) is an awesome thing to see in that kind of environment.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
- The John Stockton part was hilarious

- Magic was the man

- Guys back then seemed a lot more competitive

SugeKnight
06-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Stockton looks like he works at a grocery store :laugh:

dh144498
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM
re-upload this please :D

*Superman*
06-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Not working, anyone have another link or torrent?

King41
06-16-2012, 04:52 AM
could't see this ****ing ****

MadBomber
06-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Here you go another upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1hVVjMhuM8&feature=g-all-f

Better watch it quickly before it gets taken down again....haha...enjoy!

JordansBulls
06-16-2012, 08:50 AM

He said because he had already played on the olympic team and won gold while Magic and Bird had not played on the team yet, so it was better to ask those guys first.

driz
06-16-2012, 09:28 AM
The parts that stuck out to me was how they ALL hated on Isiah so much...I found that pretty funny. Man did they paint him to be a villain.

The one thing I remember from back then was how disappointed I was they chose Laetner over Shaq. It was the summer right before Shaq came to the NBA, same as Laetner. He was the 1st overall pick, and an instant star. It seemed like a natural fit to put him in as the single amateur. Now THAT would have made it the best possible team ever.

And here you go:

http://www.torrentdownloads.net/torrent/1654076436/The+Dream+Team+mp4

D Roses Bulls
06-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I found another link since the one link isn't working anymore. I'll post it here and on the original post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1hVVjMhuM8

D Roses Bulls
06-16-2012, 02:53 PM
- The John Stockton part was hilarious

- Magic was the man

- Guys back then seemed a lot more competitive

funny thing is even in the U.S. people didn't really recognize him. I was 11 and saw him the summer of 96 at Disney World and I knew it was him but nobody was going up to him so my grandma encouraged me to go ask him and I did. I got an autograph and my grandma asked him about people not recognizing him especially since it was only a month till the atlanta olympics and he laughed and said he just blend in with the crowd really well cause of his size. I thought it was funny too, but wasn't surprised.

Missing56&33
06-16-2012, 03:36 PM
I watched it...I really enjoyed it. Isiah ****ed up by not shaking the Bull's players hand just as the selection committee was selecting the team. That did it.

5ass
06-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Did you know Christian Laettner was on the Dream Team?!?!?!?

One part that really stuck out for me was during the Jordan v Magic scrimmage, and you got a chance to see the effect Magic had on his teammates (despite the loss). The way he got the amped and got them to brush off mistakes and just how infectious his energy was (don't do it...) is an awesome thing to see in that kind of environment.

lol

KnicksTape
06-16-2012, 05:46 PM
That competitive nature is what the NBA is lacking! Now its just a love fest

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-16-2012, 05:50 PM
He said because he had already played on the olympic team and won gold while Magic and Bird had not played on the team yet, so it was better to ask those guys first.

You misunderstood. MJ said that he was fine with Magic and Bird "being the captains" because they were never on any Olympic teams prior and this would be their last go-around to play pro basketball (Magic's HIV and Bird's bad back).

MJ was asked first, and then replied last after the other 10 guys (Laettner was a last second add-in) committed. The guy didn't want all of that Olympic pressure and wanted to share that pressure with other great guys, because if things went awry and **** in the Olympics and they didn't win gold, and if MJ was the only superstar on that olympic team with 10 other so-so NBA players, his image would take a hit.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I watched it...I really enjoyed it. Isiah ****ed up by not shaking the Bull's players hand just as the selection committee was selecting the team. That did it.

So if Dwight was healthy enough to play in the Olympics this yr, should he have gone to Colangelo and tell him to leave LeBron off the team this yr because LeBron didn't shake his hands after the 09 ECF?

(See how ridiculous that sounds.)

Missing56&33
06-16-2012, 06:14 PM
So if Dwight was healthy enough to play in the Olympics this yr, should he have gone to Colangelo and tell him to leave LeBron off the team this yr because LeBron didn't shake his hands after the 09 ECF?

(See how ridiculous that sounds.)

More to it than just that....it only sound ridiculous because to you because you don't know the situation leading up to Isiah not making the team. The move by not shaking the Bulls players hand was the final straw. Isiah burned bridges with a bunch of players on the squad....including , Larry Bird, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Micheal Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Clyde Drexler. You see Isiah had a big mouth and would publicly disrespect those guys. He put out rumors that Magic was gay when he had to retire from the league in 91' due to HIV.

Just before the end of the game vs the Bulls in 91'ECF it was discussed on the bench that they would not shake the Bulls hand after the game. Chuck Daly was against it and advised Isiah not to lead the team in this tactic. Isiah was not listening....Chuck Daly said you will have to deal with the repercussions .....there may be repercussions behind this.

Chuck Daly was on the selection committe .....so was Micheal Jordan. Do it sound ridiculous now? Can't use Dwight Howard senerio on this one...different circumstances.

*Superman*
06-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the links guys.

And damn, Barkley was messed up for picking on that guy haha.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Not enough John Stockton. That said, the part with Stockton walking around and nobody recognizing him was hilarious!

meloman1592
06-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Jordan and Barkley took most of the attention....I love Barkleys attitude though. We need someone like him in todays NBA

dodie53
06-17-2012, 01:46 AM
very nice link,
thanks.

SportsAndrew25
06-17-2012, 04:48 AM
Best documentary I have seen in a long time. I almost ****ing cried at the end of the documentary.

KG21
06-17-2012, 05:40 AM
I love basketball so much and this is was just a dream to watch.

Love this!

*Superman*
06-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Not enough John Stockton. That said, the part with Stockton walking around and nobody recognizing him was hilarious!

It's funny how the lady that was wearing the shirt didn't even realize who he was. :pity:

effen5
06-17-2012, 03:01 PM
This is one of the reason why I used to love watching basketball, I mean did you see that's competitiveness between Jordan and magic? We rarely rarely see that anymore.

Wade>You
06-17-2012, 03:21 PM
LoL at what Wade said: "I think there more hatred in the '70s between players, then less hatred in the '80s and '90s. It's a different world and different times today. Guys have more chance to be around each other with everything going on."

Total backhand to all those revisionist historians that said today's players are too friendly.

D Roses Bulls
06-17-2012, 06:16 PM
LoL at what Wade said: "I think there more hatred in the '70s between players, then less hatred in the '80s and '90s. It's a different world and different times today. Guys have more chance to be around each other with everything going on."

Total backhand to all those revisionist historians that said today's players are too friendly.

Huh? you do know this was a documentary about the 1st Dream team and not the Redeem team? Players now a days are way more friendly toward each other then ever in the 70's through the 90's. You would never see scrimmages like what you saw in this documentary go on in practice in today's game.

MadBomber
06-17-2012, 06:42 PM
More to it than just that....it only sound ridiculous because to you because you don't know the situation leading up to Isiah not making the team. The move by not shaking the Bulls players hand was the final straw. Isiah burned bridges with a bunch of players on the squad....including , Larry Bird, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Micheal Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Clyde Drexler. You see Isiah had a big mouth and would publicly disrespect those guys. He put out rumors that Magic was gay when he had to retire from the league in 91' due to HIV.

Just before the end of the game vs the Bulls in 91'ECF it was discussed on the bench that they would not shake the Bulls hand after the game. Chuck Daly was against it and advised Isiah not to lead the team in this tactic. Isiah was not listening....Chuck Daly said you will have to deal with the repercussions .....there may be repercussions behind this.

Chuck Daly was on the selection committe .....so was Micheal Jordan. Do it sound ridiculous now? Can't use Dwight Howard senerio on this one...different circumstances.

true dat

thekmp211
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
thanks DRB. couldn't have caught this for a while otherwise.

GSWFanInLA
06-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Damn awesome documentary.

Didn't know Barkley was such an *** lol

GSWFanInLA
06-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Scottie and MJ were ****ed up for locking down Tony Kukoc like that lol

D Roses Bulls
06-17-2012, 07:34 PM
If anyone is interested, here is the Gold medal game against Croatia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-giXORT-so&feature=related

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-17-2012, 10:26 PM
They expanded basketball around the world. Toni Kukoc was the best foreign player in the world at the time? Thats sad. He probably would not crack the top 20 in foreign players today. I would like to know how bad the dream team would beat today's foreign teams? I know it would not be by the 50 something they did back then

torocan
06-18-2012, 01:22 AM
I wonder if this documentary will influence NBA players in the future in terms of participating in the Olympics?

Also, not a single one of them were even thinking about money, just whether the other top players would be participating.

Competing in the Olympics changes an athlete I think.

And Karl Malone's comments on how it forever changed his feelings when he heard the Star Spangled Banner brought at tear. I can imagine it's the same for any athlete that represents their country.