PDA

View Full Version : What would you think of the Miami Heat Organization if they traded Dwyane Wade

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 05:00 PM
What would you think of the Miami Heat Organization if they traded Dwyane Wade without his consent?

Basically trading the player most responsible for your franchise even winning a title at only 30 years old.

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I would be disappointed. Without Dwyane not only is there no `06 championship, there's no LeBron in a Heat jersey either.

ManRam
06-14-2012, 05:10 PM
If they do it to get better then whatever. That's the name of the game. I'm sure it would rub a ton of Heat fans the wrong way...and I'd imagine a ton of vitriol from Wade. It would be a messy divorce for sure.

Can't imaging them doing it...but if they feel they need to shake things up then trading Wade is probably the best way to do so.

nolafan33
06-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd think they did what they needed to do to make the team better.

LAKERMANIA
That Miami sold their soul for a title..

Ebbs
I would be happy to say they manned up and made the right business move.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:12 PM
i dont like it. Wade is playing injured, takes an idiot to think otherwise.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2012, 05:12 PM
It's a business. Loyalty kills in a business most of the time.

RiLoc
06-14-2012, 05:13 PM
If the Heat lose the series and become a better team by trading Wade then I would think Pat Riley is really serious about winning another championship.

RLundi
06-14-2012, 05:13 PM
That they're smart. This is a business first, not a social networking venture.

Wade and Bosh for Dwight and Ryan Anderson would benefit both sides greatly.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:15 PM

It would, but loyalty is a big thing, especially in the heat organization.

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I would find it entertaining.

RLundi
06-14-2012, 05:18 PM

If they lose again, how many chances are you gonna give this team to get over the hump? They are in win-NOW mode, and as of yet, they haven't won. Every year they keep Wade will hurt more and more, especially once he starts to break down and decline.

I think Pat Riley will agree that championships > loyalty, even if that sounds terrible.

Vinylman
06-14-2012, 05:18 PM
the right decision but Patricia Riley doesn't have the balls to do it

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I like how JordansBulls gives absolutely no credit to Shaq for that 06 championship.

People have to understand that it was both Shaq & Riles running that team.

Shaq was the one who told Riles that Eddie Jones was a proven playoff choker and should have been traded, so Riles made the trade to get Posey and Williams from Memphis.

Shaq was the one who enticed guys like GP and Toine to come as he was friends with them for a long time.

Zo looked at the chance to rejoin Riles and not have to carry much burden as much as he once had to has the franchise player in Miami by just backing up Shaq and giving good minutes off the bench.

It was Shaq who helped with the growth of UD and taught him the intangibles of being a productive big man in this league.

It's Shaq who I feel is responsible for creating the culture of attracting superstars to Miami as when he was given the option of where to be traded in 2004, he picked Miami out of all the places because he knew that him and Riles could create championship magic. He's the one who paved the way for guys like Bosh and LeBron eventually joining the Heat 6 yrs after he did it. He created that culture, not D-Wade.

And with his past successes and failures with Kobe, Shaq taught D-Wade how to be a winner, and it was Shaq's presence that created those open lades for Wade because Shaq was the hugest force that garnered the most attention. Shaq made Wade into a better player and a championship player.

Shaq does not get his due for what Miami basketball is today, and that's a real shame. If it wasn't for Shaq basically changing that entire Miami Heat culture, D-Wade with LeBron and Bosh would still be vying for that first championship.

nastynice
06-14-2012, 05:20 PM

Is he? Like its known that he's injured, or ur saying its the only explanation for his play?

something IS definitely going on tho, I've never seen a player's game drop off so far so fast. he just looks like a diff player

knicks4life33
06-14-2012, 05:21 PM
back stabbers

Iron24th
06-14-2012, 05:22 PM
If they fail in this year's finals, riley will probably think about trading him for the right price.

bucketss
06-14-2012, 05:22 PM

dwight is not worth both those guys wade isn't broken hes still a very good player.

if they trade him i would lose every once of respect for that organization, i remember in 2010 every star was like "we'll see what happens" not fully committed and dwade even after a loss to the celtics in the 1st round was the only one who stepped up and said i wont leave miami

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Is he? Like its known that he's injured, or ur saying its the only explanation for his play?

something IS definitely going on tho, I've never seen a player's game drop off so far so fast. he just looks like a diff player

Def playing on injured kneed, you dont get your knee drained if your 100%

expect to hear that he has surgery after the season, miami would never let the info get out that is hurt, but all the beat writers for the heat agree that he is not 100%

Wade isnt going anywhere, im near certain of that. to trade wade would be for riley to basically admit failure and i dont see that happening.

JNA17
06-14-2012, 05:23 PM
The bigger question is is how would Wade react to be traded? I cant imagine it would be pretty. Leading that same team back in 06 to a title as the leader, then being kicked out by the guy YOU brought to the team along wth his buddy Bosh, and then making that "not one, not two..." speech, etc.

That would be a lot more entertaining to see then the fans reaction.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-14-2012, 05:25 PM
dwight is not worth both those guys wade isn't broken hes still a very good player.

if they trade him i would lose every once of respect for that organization, i remember in 2010 every star was like "we'll see what happens" not fully committed and dwade even after a loss to the celtics in the 1st round was the only one who stepped up and said i wont leave miami

What are you talking about? Wade was exploring his options in Chicago and New York just like LeBron.

Missing56&33
06-14-2012, 05:25 PM
I hate the Heat.....Once the Heat lose in the Finals I can officially start my summer. With that being said....as a fan of the game of NBA basketball, Dwayne Wade is a great player....a championship caliber all star.......

He didn't leave the team that drafted him when he had an opportunity.....his legacy should remain in tact.....I would be disappointed to see that because I do respect his game.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:26 PM
What are you talking about? Wade was exploring his options in Chicago and New York just like LeBron.

lmao, wade was never leaving miami...come on bro, you should know what was going on there...

he screwed chicago and put them in a holding pattern for a few days lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-14-2012, 05:31 PM
lmao, wade was never leaving miami...come on bro, you should know what was going on there...

he screwed chicago and put them in a holding pattern for a few days lol

Well yes, that's true. It was kinda already decided 2 yrs prior to that with the Olympics and everything.

RLundi
06-14-2012, 05:32 PM

With the way Wade and Bosh are playing, Dwight coupled with Anderson is absolutely worth those players. Who knows if Wade is injured, or if he's declining? I still think Bosh is a top 15 player when he's the main option but his value seems to have plummeted. Ryan Anderson is EXACTLY what Miami needs-- a good rebounder and a player who can absolutely spread the floor for LeBron (and Dwight).

I'm not saying Miami should pull the trigger. But if the Heat fail to win again, what do they do next? Try again, same exact core, and a year older?

pacofunk64
06-14-2012, 05:32 PM
that would be the best thing they could do for an aging nicked up star. Obviously it depends on what they would get back but he and LBJ just don't fit together.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-14-2012, 05:35 PM
I would do Wade + Bosh for Dwight + Ryan Anderson in a heartbeat.

Then you go out and get Nash.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Shows they want to have a better chance of winning.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 05:36 PM
I like how JordansBulls gives absolutely no credit to Shaq for that 06 championship.

Shaq was the one who told Riles that Eddie Jones was a proven playoff choker and should have been traded, so Riles made the trade to get Posey and Williams from Memphis.

Shaq was the one who enticed guys like GP and Toine to come as he was friends with them for a long time.

Zo looked at the chance to rejoin Riles and not have to carry much burden as much as he once had to has the franchise player in Miami by just backing up Shaq and giving good minutes off the bench.

It was Shaq who helped with the growth of UD and taught him the intangibles of being a productive big man in this league.

It's Shaq who I feel is responsible for creating the culture of attracting superstars to Miami as when he was given the option of where to be traded in 2004, he picked Miami out of all the places because he knew that him and Riles could create championship magic. He's the one who paved the way for guys like Bosh and LeBron eventually joining the Heat 6 yrs after he did it. He created that culture, not D-Wade.

And with his past successes and failures with Kobe, Shaq taught D-Wade how to be a winner, and it was Shaq's presence that created those open lades for Wade because Shaq was the hugest force that garnered the most attention. Shaq made Wade into a better player and a championship player.

Shaq does not get his due for what Miami basketball is today, and that's a real shame. If it wasn't for Shaq basically changing that entire Miami Heat culture, D-Wade with LeBron and Bosh would still be vying for that first championship.

Oh Shaq gets credit for the title as well, however Wade was the most productive player on the team in the season and playoffs and it was his team that he was drafted by.

popo85
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Do what's best for the team to win.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Oh Shaq gets credit for the title as well, however Wade was the most productive player on the team in the season and playoffs and it was his team that he was drafted by.

One of the few things i will agree with JB. Shaq played a role, but Wade carried that team to a ring.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Do what's best for the team to win.

most teams dont do that tho. Take kobs for instance, was it in the teams best interest to give him a contract paying over 25mil a year? He could have taken less, that would still have odom right now.

Not trying to bait lakrs fans, just giving an example, many times loyalty gets in the way of whats best for the team.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
One of the few things i will agree with JB. Shaq played a role, but Wade carried that team to a ring.

remember however, that was the tail end of when Shaq was still changing entire defensive schemes. Wade had a ton more freedom than any other wing, as Kobe did before him.

Shaq doesn't get enough credit for Miami's success in 2006. Wade's finals performance in particular was probably a top 4 playoff finals performance ever, but Shaq needs some credit.

topdog
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
It depends upon the deal. As long as they get good value, I applaud them.

I know people will talk about loyalty and the double-standard of expecting players to be loyal, but I feel like that all goes out the window when you take on a grand experiment like their "Big 3." When you invest that much money in so few players, you have little choice in making adjustments but to trade one.

Vinylman
06-14-2012, 05:49 PM
most teams dont do that tho. Take kobs for instance, was it in the teams best interest to give him a contract paying over 25mil a year? He could have taken less, that would still have odom right now.

Not trying to bait lakrs fans, just giving an example, many times loyalty gets in the way of whats best for the team.

kobe's contract has ZERO impact on the lakers roster... people just cherry pick it because of their hate for him...

the lakers would have the same roster whether he was making $20 million this year and the next 2 years or what he will be making... THEY ARE WAY over the cap (not 4-5 million) and would have the same roster tools available to them...

stick to what you know... being a heat homer...

enjoy watching wade fade into oblivion

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:51 PM
kobe's contract has ZERO impact on the lakers roster... people just cherry pick it because of their hate for him...

the lakers would have the same roster whether he was making $20 million this year and the next 2 years or what he will be making... THEY ARE WAY over the cap (not 4-5 million) and would have the same roster tools available to them...

As usual you are wrong, they got rid of odom to cut salary. Nice try tho.:)

Only an unknowledgeable homer would think they cut odom for no reason.

bucketss
06-14-2012, 05:57 PM

in the interview after the celtics knocked him off of the playoffs he said he wasn't leaving and that he wanted to tell the guys out there that he heart was in miami, he also said if teams call for an interview he would go as a sign of respect.

bucketss
06-14-2012, 05:58 PM

complains about people hating on kobe... hates on wade ..

greg_ory_2005
06-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Meh I wouldn't feel any different about them. If they feel like they have a better chance of winning, go for it.

Vinylman
06-14-2012, 06:00 PM
As usual you are wrong, they got rid of odom to cut salary. Nice try tho.:)

Only an unknowledgeable homer would think they cut odom for no reason.

wrong... they got rid of odom because he asked to be traded...

and if you think the lakers with odom this year compete then you are truly clueless

Let us laker fans worry about what is going on in LA... our organization has a track record...

yours... a piece of spent laker garbage known as Patricia Riley...

enjoy your team not getting it done again this year

MagicBucsSox
06-14-2012, 06:00 PM

Anderson cannot be involved in a multiplayer trade and wtf would we want wade for? Make out rivals even mOre better than us?

Wake up

Vinylman
06-14-2012, 06:04 PM
complains about people hating on kobe... hates on wade ..

i could care less if people hate on kobe... i was merely pointing out the obvious

kobe and the Lakers have proven time and time again that they are winners...

As for Dwade... he was a great player in the league and deserves alot of respect for what he has done in the past...

unfortunately, the decline of a guy who plays like wade (reckless abandon) will be rapid and quite frankly sad.

smith&wesson
06-14-2012, 06:06 PM
i would do wade & bosh for howard & anderson.

Vinylman
06-14-2012, 06:08 PM
i would do wade & bosh for howard & anderson.

if you are Miami you would

and if otis smith was in orlando still he would too :facepalm:

tcav701
06-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Dwight will get traded for young players, not 30 year olds.

Anyways what about Wade to Charlotte for the #2 pick and Augustine?

Gets Miami away from making tough decisions when the new CBA kicks in and it give Charlotte their marketable star.

Ebbs
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM

Gets Miami away from making tough decisions when the new CBA kicks in and it give Charlotte their marketable star.

Wade is worth more.

Jarvo
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Loyalty in the NBA or sports in general :laugh: I would trade him if he is still playing like he is now by next year's all star break and not first in the East.

Pfeifer
06-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I would say they made the right move. Everyone forgets how easy it is to score when guys are double and triple teaming Shaq.

tcav701
06-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Wade is worth more.

And what aging Star ever gets what he is worth in a trade?

Unless you are in your prime and on the south side of 30, its not gonna happen.

avrpatsfan
06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
They wouldn't trade Wade because he's close friends with Lebron.

BobbyHillSwag
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
i would think they are actually using their brains.

smith&wesson
06-14-2012, 06:40 PM
if you are Miami you would

and if otis smith was in orlando still he would too :facepalm:

orlando could build a team around wade and bosh lets not act like were talking about scrubs here. were talking about a finals mvp and a perenial allstar both of whom are in their prime.

Actually wade is 29 and bosh is 27. howard is 26. howards game relies more on athletic ability where as wade and bosh both have more intagibles and could very well have longer careers. age does not tell everything specially when the players were talking about are about 2-3 years apart.

plus there is no indication that orlando wants picks and young talent over proven star talent in their respective prime..

SportsFanatic10
06-14-2012, 06:40 PM
quite a few clueless people in this thread...

Vinylman
06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Actually wade is 29 and bosh is 27.

no

wade is 30 and bosh is 28

fishfan79
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Dwade for Dwight Howard :)

<~~ wishes

Underdogz∞
06-14-2012, 06:49 PM
You ask Wade to take a pay cut in time yes but you don't trade DWADE ever he should retire on the Miami Heat. Some players you just don't trade he feels like one of those type players. If they did trade Wade I don't know how long it would take me to get over it :facepalm: I'd be very disappointed in Miami.

When Dallas let JKidd go the 1st time I felt it was wrong.
When Houston let TMAC go I felt it was understandable but wrong.

The Heat should never let DWADE go. DWADE wasn't Lebron coming out of school yet he has exceeded expectation and now that he is not playing at that level every night folks are criticizing him too harsh imo. And yet a few nights ago he dropped 40 and yet DWADE will be back that I'm sure of.

Vinylman
quite a few clueless people in this thread...

i had noticed alot of Heat fans

good call :clap:

bucketss

miami wants to win now i doubt they trade it for unproven rookie plus augustine who i don't think is even that good by the time the rookie develops lebron is 30 LOL

RLundi
06-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Anderson cannot be involved in a multiplayer trade and wtf would we want wade for? Make out rivals even mOre better than us?

Wake up

You're right about Anderson, I forgot you can't combine other players with signed-and-traded players from the same team.

And I love the idiotic 'make our rivals better' argument. You do know that practically every team in the east is a rival don't you? Heck, any team in the NBA that stand in the way of a title for Orlando is a rival.

Rich DeVos wants talent now, not for the future, as he's about ready to croak. Wade and Bosh, hypothetically, is a phenomenal package.

sixer04fan
06-14-2012, 06:59 PM

Tell that to Stan Van Gundy...

pd1dish
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM

lol except most analysts arent using the injury as an excuse. this is the FINALS! he needs to step up or step aside. if Miami doesnt get it done this year, i dont see this group really ever getting it done. Wade has peaked already and his body just isnt the same as it used to be. and he isnt going to age smoothly with the type of game he likes to play. he has zero consistency with his jumpshot. if they traded Wade next offseason after giving it one more go, it would make complete sense. they could get 2-3 legitimate starters for Wade.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Tell that to Stan Van Gundy...
SVG is a ggreat coach, but he has a history of getting into problems with star players.

Magic picked dwight over SVG just like the heat picked Shaq over SVG

SVG didnt help bring miami their first championship...

lol except most analysts arent using the injury as an excuse. this is the FINALS! he needs to step up or step aside. if Miami doesnt get it done this year, i dont see this group really ever getting it done. Wade has peaked already and his body just isnt the same as it used to be. and he isnt going to age smoothly with the type of game he likes to play. he has zero consistency with his jumpshot. if they traded Wade next offseason after giving it one more go, it would make complete sense. they could get 2-3 legitimate starters for Wade.

No one is using it as an excuse, all im saying is the guy is injured, nothing more nothing less. Its the idiots who think he is not injured...those people are clueless.

tcav701
06-14-2012, 07:13 PM
miami wants to win now i doubt they trade it for unproven rookie plus augustine who i don't think is even that good by the time the rookie develops lebron is 30 LOL

Still more realistic than trading him for D12.

The best option is to keep him because you will not get equal value for him.

khaleesi
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
I would think them very smart.

khaleesi
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM

Excuses. Wade is as healthy as any other NBA player in their late twenties.

Problem is playing LeBron and having to give him props weighs on him much like it does Amar'e in NY with Melo.

But please, so sick of the excuses (and excuse makers) who so willingly volunteer to justify Heatle failures.

LA_Raiders
06-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Smart move. Trade him for the 2nd pick...

WadeKobe
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't understand this. Wade is injured. He may or may not get injured next season significantly. Who knows. When Wade was on the court this season he was one of the most productive players in the NBA. Top3.

The question is whether he can stay healthy. Only one year ago he was healthy, so I think people are just overreacting, per usual. Not to mention, people act like just a couple of weeks ago Wade didn't demolish the Pacers and have every bit as good a series as LeBron did.

So, let's just wait this out and see how the rest of the finals go, shall we?

k.smith904
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
It depends on what they got in return.

Young talent to put around Lebron? I'd think they were smart.

Another past-his-prime player with a bloated contract? Stupid.

b@llhog24
06-14-2012, 09:06 PM
I'd say they are a shitbag organization.

D12 fan
06-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Keep hating.

NBAfan4life
06-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I think it would be smart of Miami if they got younger and better role players.

Lets be honest Wades best basketball is behind him. He is still a top player in this league, but we have already seen his best. Its only a matter of time before the decline.

b@llhog24
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Keep hating.

You are officially weird man.

ArmLaker
06-14-2012, 10:57 PM
The last party we had, they shut down Prive,
Ain't that where the Heat play,
****** hate on ballas these days,
Ain't that like LeBron James,
Ain't that just like D-Wade
wait.....

Wolfman01
06-15-2012, 12:57 AM
What would you think of the Miami Heat Organization if they traded Dwyane Wade without his consent?

Basically trading the player most responsible for your franchise even winning a title at only 30 years old.

I'm sure 100% that the Heat want D-Wade to remain a Heat player until the day he retires. The only reason the Heat will ever trade D-Wade is if he is too old and he doesn't play that great anymore like Vince Carter or T-Mac.

TylerSL
06-15-2012, 01:01 AM
I wouldnt be thrilled with them. Wade can still play at a very high level. If he gets washed up by the time he is 34, it wouldnt be fair to just get rid of him cuz of everything he has done.

SportsFanatic10
06-15-2012, 01:47 AM
i had noticed alot of Heat fans

good call :clap:

good one!:rolleyes:

JordansBulls
06-15-2012, 09:35 AM

My thinking as well. They would lose respect for any stars wanting to go there again.

mjm07
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
^ Precisely why they won't trade him. HEAT are one of the top notch organization in the NBA from top to bottom. I don't believe Riley would tarnish what he has built.

As a fan, and regardless of how enticing that proposition might be, I would be disappointed if Wade is traded.

HiphopRelated
06-15-2012, 11:20 AM
they won't

sep11ie
06-15-2012, 11:25 AM
I'd love it if they traded him to Cleveland.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-15-2012, 11:46 AM
It would show the rest of the NBA that the organizations are truly above the players, all they need to do is stand up for themselves and not let their franchise's futures get handcuffed by certain players.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Say wade is on the decline, he is owed 17, 18.5, 20.5, and 22 million for the next 4 years. People think Lebron doesn't have enough help now, it won't get any easier in like 2014-15 when they have a 33 year old wade who gets paid over 20 million taking up over 33% of the cap.

I'm not saying Wade is actually declining now, but its quite possible over the next few seasons he does quite a bit.

KingPosey
06-15-2012, 12:04 PM

Shaq has never taken the time to teach another player anything. He is and always has been about himself and attention. He just happened to be really good too.

King41
06-15-2012, 12:30 PM
hmm for the franchise it would be nice
but for the fans no way

JordansBulls
06-15-2012, 03:09 PM
hmm for the franchise it would be nice
but for the fans no way

What about for the future of the franchise?

JordansBulls
06-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I'd love it if they traded him to Cleveland.

Why??

Miami Heat
06-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I would expect riots in miami

JordansBulls
06-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I would expect riots in miami

Not over basketball, maybe football.

BKLYNpigeon
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
If the Heat cant win it this year, they should trade him. its a business. period.

they paid him alot of mone to get it done. if its not working out its not working out.

BKLYNpigeon
06-18-2012, 10:44 AM
If the Miami Heat Traded Wade, the Heat fans wouldnt notice until the playoffs start next season.

mjm07
06-18-2012, 10:58 AM
If the Miami Heat Traded Wade, the Heat fans wouldnt notice until the playoffs start next season.

Is Wade still on the team? ;)

king4day
06-18-2012, 11:20 AM
That they admit the big 3 was a failure (assuming they win no rings).
That'd be the best business decision since he's the least effective of the big 3.

zB_#85
06-18-2012, 12:08 PM
It would be a smart move by Miami if they can get proper value for him. He's overrated and now would be the time to cash in on that. Especially considering his style of play combined with the fact that it's going to be all downhill from here. Over 30 years old, relies heavily on his athleticism. You do the math... He hasn't developed enough of a shot and evolved his game enough to age gracefully. Win the ship this year and deal him for good value and that is a smart move by Miami IMO.

Whether it will actually be done though is hard to say. Easier said than done considering all he has done for that organization. There would probably be a good deal of fanbase backlash.

EDIT:

Also, win or lose this year the fact remains that the pieces don't fit in Miami. They are just so damn good individually (and especially LeBron) that they can overcome it. You can't tell me though that a team that goes through such difficult stretches in games has great chemistry and it's working great. They are amazing in transition because of their athleticism, they are very good defensively, but when forced to play in half court, and especially when kept out of the paint in half court they are extremely painful to watch. Sometimes for very long stretches in games. Like Bobcats bad at times... So with that being said, again if they can move him for a piece or pieces that fit better it's a smart move. Whether Miami fans want to admit that reality or not.

Stinkyoutsider
06-18-2012, 01:04 PM
If I was a buisness owner, I would give Pat Riley props for keeping the well being of the franchise above all else, because Wade has helped the Heat become one of the most popular teams in the NBA. No one has done more for the Heat than Alonzo Mourning and Shaq, but let's not forget that Wade had a huge finals in 06 and was a big reason why they won the title.

And, although it was Pat Riley who helped talk Wade, Bosh, and James into signing for less to play in Miami, it was Wade who talked and became friends with James during the olympics. It's easier to play for a team when your close friend plays for the same team.

As a fan, I wouldn't be happy with this. I would give Pat Riley more time to find a combination of players who fit with the big 3. Since this kind of big 3 hasn't existed in the league for a long while, it's going to take time and opportunity to get the right players around them.

justinnum1
06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
wtf? they are 2 wins from a championship with an injured wade...

JordansBulls
06-19-2012, 01:29 AM
wtf? they are 2 wins from a championship with an injured wade...

They were last year as well but with a healthy Wade.

DaSeba5
06-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Loyalty and family has always been a big part of Arison and the Heat, so a lot of Heat fans would feel betrayed. He's beloved here. He brought us our first championship. He's carried our team to the playoffs for years. He's our best player in franchise history (it will be LeBron by the end of his career, but for now it's Wade).

gotoHcarolina52
06-19-2012, 01:39 AM

Yes, but last year they didn't have a (mentally) healthy LeBron.

DaSeba5
06-19-2012, 01:39 AM

Yah but LeBron was mentally weak.

FlashMacker
06-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Yah but LeBron was mentally weak.

True that. LeBron looks determined this year

naps
06-19-2012, 02:18 AM

:laugh2:

Good wish there.

naps
06-19-2012, 02:36 AM

None of that would have mattered if Wade was not Wade in those finals. Shaq was still huge but in no way, form, or shape Miami would even sniff winning if Wade didn't go Jordan vs the Mavs. Miami would be swept by Dallas if Wade was not supernatural.

It's Shaq who I feel is responsible for creating the culture of attracting superstars to Miami as when he was given the option of where to be traded in 2004, he picked Miami out of all the places because he knew that him and Riles could create championship magic.

No. It was Zo and Timmy years prior Shaq came in.

He's the one who paved the way for guys like Bosh and LeBron eventually joining the Heat 6 yrs after he did it. He created that culture, not D-Wade.

BS. There is no culture. LeBron and Bosh came to Miami ONLY because they knew they could play with Wade. Shaq has absolutely nothing to do with. If Wade was not in Miami both of LeBron and Bosh would laugh at the possibility of coming to Miami.

Absolutely. Shaq helped Wade grow as he should as the veteran player. But he helped Kobe more than anyone else.

Shaq does not get his due for what Miami basketball is today, and that's a real shame.

Pretty ironic coming from Kobe fans. Kobe fans these days try hardest to tribute Kobe as the man of three peat years.
Shaq gets plenty of respect from Miami fanbase. Miami wouldn't win the championship without him but it's also true that Miami would probably get swept with Wade being Wade in the finals.

If it wasn't for Shaq basically changing that entire Miami Heat culture, D-Wade with LeBron and Bosh would still be vying for that first championship.

Shaq didn't change Miami culture. In Pat Riley's system no one gets to change anything. The moment Shaq tried he got kicked out. Shaq is is a top 5 talent in my book but his attitude is an automatic negative for a franchise.

Kobe fans: Degrade Shaq in every possible way when we are talking about Kobe. Make him look as great as possible when it's about Wade.

Yeah, may be out of appreciation of their interest. Or may be it was all planned by Riley. Most Miami fans knew Wade was never leaving if Miami landed another star player, which was an automatic out of Bosh, Boozer, Amare, etc.

naps
06-19-2012, 02:41 AM

:facepalm: Jesus!

naps
06-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Wade will retire as a Miami Heat. He's a lifetime Heat. PERIOD. I would bet anything on it except my life. There are tons of reasons why he won't be traded, even if some good trades are being offered. It's a business but it's not a business for just one or two years. It's about the future as well. Miami Heat is a first class organization and they have created a culture there.

Blazers#1Fan
06-19-2012, 03:17 AM
trade Wade,heaTS 1ST THIS YEAR to the bobcats for biyombo,#2,walker

Biyombo
Bosh
LeBron
MKG
Walker

I KNOW WOULD NEVER HAPPEN

JordansBulls
11-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Wade will retire as a Miami Heat. He's a lifetime Heat. PERIOD. I would bet anything on it except my life. There are tons of reasons why he won't be traded, even if some good trades are being offered. It's a business but it's not a business for just one or two years. It's about the future as well. Miami Heat is a first class organization and they have created a culture there.

I agree and the main reason also is what would you want in return for a guy like Wade as well? Would you want a big man or a PG or something and who can the Heat get? Would you do a Westbrook for Wade swap?

bucketss
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
it would be hilarious because one of the reasons why he didn't sign with the bulls was because they weren't loyal enough for him lol if heat to do this i personally would root against and hope their franchise fails and is contracted.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
i would be very very very conflicted...

kyubi256
11-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I would laugh. But I can never see it happen

JasonJohnHorn
11-16-2012, 01:02 PM

You are SO right. People do not give Shaq enough credit for what he did in Miami. Shaq opened up the floor for Wade. It was kind of like the Tim Duncan effect. Defences are so focused on Ducan, especially when he was in his prime, that it opened the floor up for Manu and Parker. Shaq did the same thing for Wade (and other Heat players). People talk about Wade's finals performance, but if Shaq hadn't been dominating the glass, the Heat wouldn't have even been in the finals. And Wade's average that series had a lot to do with how kind the officials were being to him. Now, I'm not trying to downplay what Wade did, Wade did a lot. But Shaq helped draw in the talented role-players and mentored other guys on the floor.

But yeah... Miami trading Wade? That would be great. I think it would be funny because it would illustrate what that organization is all about. People say that the franchise is loyal, it's not. It wasn't loyal to Shaq. And it discourages other players from being loyal to their respective franchises. I wouldn't put it past Miami to trade either Wade or Haslem (Haslem especially would be insulting because he took a pay cut to stay in Miami). But I don't think the Heat would do it because they know it would anger LBJ. LBJ doesn't have loyalty to the Heat, but I think he does have loyalty to Wade adn Bosh. Those three wanted to play together and I think Miami knows that if they traded either of those players without LBJ's consent, then that would pretty much ensure that LBJ would be gone in 2014.

It would be interesting to see what they could get for him though.

NYY 26 to 7
11-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Smart - he is awesome but I personally just think he is going to breakdown. The guys body has taken a lot of wear. LeBron I think would be better served by getting a large haul of young talent around him. Just my opinion but I think Wade is headed for decline (still very good but not the great player we have seen over the years).

bucketss

great post kind of surprised you're capable of this:p anyways kind of funny he gives more props to cleveland shaq than miami shaq:facepalm:

bigbeardaboss
Being that LBJ came there to play with him. I would think that there was a rift between the two because I am sure Riley would have gotten an ok from James before making a Wade trade.

Minimal
11-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Wade will retire in Miami. But if Wade was traded that would be simply a betrayal.

RonE Coleman
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I would think they were smart

Lab Rat Robby
11-16-2012, 02:11 PM

that was a fun read.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 02:40 PM
lol, that was the KB-PH-DH before he fell in love with trolling. Prolly his best post ever

Rockice_8
11-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Loyalty gets you burned. Do the right thing if you want to continue to be successful. They need to go on the what have you done for me lately plan, not the well you did do this for me 6 years ago.

It's the toughest thing to do in sports trade a well liked star but if you get a good return the fans will understand and respect you for it.

NYKNYGNYY
11-16-2012, 03:00 PM
It's business but it'll never happen

Kobe2324
11-16-2012, 03:07 PM
As a Heat hater I am going to answer this in a way that I really do think they should have done. I would have traded wade last year in an attempt to get Dwight Howard. Wade and Lebron play a lot a like with Lebron clearly being the better player by a mile. Now I know all the heat fans are saying well we won the title why would we make a move like that, and to you Heat fans I remind you that the best team in the east last year lost their bes player in the first game of the playoffs. If an old *** Celtics team which i agree they played great can take them to 7 I promise you the Bulls would have made the finals and would have been a great finals matchup. So I know we cant live in the what if type scenario but just remember that the Heat dodged the toughest team in their way, if bulls win that series, you think we are not discussing a possible trade for Dwight or another big star, and to me wade is the only expendable player out of the 3.

alexander_37
11-16-2012, 03:08 PM
If they got a good return why not. Sorry but Wade is the most expendable out of their 3 stars right now.

sjbirds
11-16-2012, 03:09 PM
if jordan can leave the bulls wade can leave the heat...it happens in all sports and they would be smart to get a younger player for him. i wouldnt do it til after this season tho

Gritz
11-16-2012, 03:17 PM
They would be smart, he sucks

bucketss
11-16-2012, 03:17 PM
As a Heat hater I am going to answer this in a way that I really do think they should have done. I would have traded wade last year in an attempt to get Dwight Howard. Wade and Lebron play a lot a like with Lebron clearly being the better player by a mile. Now I know all the heat fans are saying well we won the title why would we make a move like that, and to you Heat fans I remind you that the best team in the east last year lost their bes player in the first game of the playoffs. If an old *** Celtics team which i agree they played great can take them to 7 I promise you the Bulls would have made the finals and would have been a great finals matchup. So I know we cant live in the what if type scenario but just remember that the Heat dodged the toughest team in their way, if bulls win that series, you think we are not discussing a possible trade for Dwight or another big star, and to me wade is the only expendable player out of the 3.

if you're gonna talk about roses injury why would you not mention boshs? how many games did the celtics win when bosh came back? only one and that was because bosh only played 9 minutes that game.

tapajafri
11-16-2012, 03:18 PM

smart team move

Jarvo
11-16-2012, 03:42 PM

All I can remember was Wade & Posey, Shaq was there but his impact was small to Wade.

Jarvo
11-16-2012, 03:43 PM
It is what it is? But they won't because him and LBJ are close friends

rapjuicer06
11-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I would say they were smart and serious about winning

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I want wade to retire a heat.

However, in return I hope he improves his shot selection.

He's lookin like Kobe out there with all those bricks.

Andrew32
11-16-2012, 05:22 PM

Wade has shot 45% or better in 5/8 games.

Removing the two huge stinkers he had against MEM and LAC his shooting %'s are well above 50%.

People are jumping the gun it hasn't even been 1/8th of the season yet.

He has been more good then bad so far and again sample size.

Wade could easily end up in the Top 5'ish area and be the best SG in the league by seasons end even if he hasn't been so far.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-16-2012, 05:22 PM

Atleast Kobe isn't made of glass and can stay on the floor.

Oh and also, this yr:

Kobe: 55.1% FG, 44.1% 3pt, 92.0% FT, 26.4 PPG (tied for scoring leader), 5.5 RPG, 4.6 APG

Wade: 47.0% FG, 16.7% 3pt, 76.5% FT, 16.9 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 4.9 APG

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Lol calm down.

Last year Kobe made some bone headed shot selections, don't be so defensive about it. Own up to it.

Wade has been playin well but he still makes a few stupid plays.
If he were to improve it a bit it would be much appreciated to us heat fans.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Lol calm down.

Last year Kobe made some bone headed shot selections, don't be so defensive about it. Own up to it.

Wade has been playin well but he still makes a few stupid plays.
If he were to improve it a bit it would be much appreciated to us heat fans.

You know the difference between Wade and Kobe when it comes to jumpshots?

Kobe can still make Jumpshots even if they are bad attempts or if someone is right in his grill.

Wade is a guy who doesn't understand that he sucks at shooting jumpshots. The guy can fall away, shoot, and hits the top of the backboard. Like WTF.

Wade has become progressively worse in his jumpshooting mechanics. The guy should let LeBron do all the work. Wade should just concentrate on driving to the rim, bobbing his head back upon minimal contact and get to the line. That's his game and that's what he's best at.

Andrew32
11-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Atleast Kobe isn't made of glass and can stay on the floor.
Wade and Kobe played around the same number of games last year and its much too early to be making these sort of statements.

Oh and also, this yr:

Kobe: 55.1% FG, 44.1% 3pt, 92.0% FT, 26.4 PPG (tied for scoring leader), 5.5 RPG, 4.6 APG

Wade: 47.0% FG, 16.7% 3pt, 76.5% FT, 16.9 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 4.9 APG

8-10 game sample size.

Wade had 2 huge stinkers which suppress his stats and he is on a team that is loaded at the perimeter positions.

Prior to those stinkers he was pretty close to Kobe statistically even though Kobe was still better.

Let's do this same comparison after another 10-20 games and see where they stand.

Andrew32
11-16-2012, 05:30 PM

You know the difference between Wade and Kobe when it comes to ball handling ability and dribble penetration?

Quit trolling.

Different players excel at different things.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I would think the people of Miami would still like the Heat 10000% more than they do the Marlins at this point.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 05:38 PM

Kobe can still make Jumpshots even if they are bad attempts or if someone is right in his grill.

Wade is a guy who doesn't understand that he sucks at shooting jumpshots. The guy can fall away, shoot, and hits the top of the backboard. Like WTF.

Wade has become progressively worse in his jumpshooting mechanics. The guy should let LeBron do all the work. Wade should just concentrate on driving to the rim, bobbing his head back upon minimal contact and get to the line. That's his game and that's what he's best at.

Wow.. Listen to what I'm saying pls.
I never said Kobe can't make those shots cos wade sure as hell can't.
However those are still BAD SHOT SELECTIONS.

and wade needs to cut that **** cos I know he's a much better player than that.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I would think the people of Miami would still like the Heat 10000% more than they do the Marlins at this point.

Lol I love This post.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to talk about wade's inprovements how the hell did it end up being about Kobe >.>

Chronz
11-16-2012, 07:25 PM
All I can remember was Wade & Posey, Shaq was there but his impact was small to Wade.

Not in the ECF, he was their MVP IMO. The Pistons tried playing him straight up whereas the Mavs sent hard doubles at him. I dont think you can have a small impact when the defense is geared towards stopping you, thus opening the game up for his teammates.

amos1er
11-16-2012, 07:32 PM

I would think that they are smart. If they could land CP3 for him this summer, than they would be fools to hold onto him.

Andrew32
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Not in the ECF, he was their MVP IMO. The Pistons tried playing him straight up whereas the Mavs sent hard doubles at him. I dont think you can have a small impact when the defense is geared towards stopping you, thus opening the game up for his teammates.

His impact and play in the Finals is also underrated.

In the first 3 Finals wins he averaged 18 / 12 / 3apg / 2bpg on 69% shooting.

So he played very well in 3/4 Finals wins.

Andrew32
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
I would think that they are smart. If they could land CP3 for him this summer, than they would be fools to hold onto him.
:rolleyes:
Who played better in the playoffs last year CP3 or Wade?

Healthy Wade > Healthy CP3
Injured Wade >>> Injured CP3

KnicksorBust
11-16-2012, 07:46 PM

Pretty much agree with the above.

In response to the thread, I wouldn't really care unless I BELIEVED that Wade would never leave Miami for better money. Ignoring salary cap rules and regulations, if say the Thunder were able to offer him $20 million for the next 5 years and the Heat could only offer him $12 million per year... would he stay in Miami? If the answer is YES. Then I think the Heat would be disloyal answers. But it's really hard for me to believe there are many players out there that value loyalty over $.

amos1er
11-16-2012, 07:50 PM

lol...I'm sure that 80% of the Heat fans would trade Wade straight up for CP3 if the Clips were foolish enough to agree.

This aint 2009 anymore bro and Wade is a shell of his former self. A 31 year old injury prone Wade will not worth more than a Prime CP3.

bucketss
11-16-2012, 07:57 PM
lol...I'm sure that 80% of the Heat fans would trade Wade straight up for CP3 if the Clips were foolish enough to agree.

This aint 2009 anymore bro and Wade is a shell of his former self. A 31 year old injury prone Wade will not worth more than a Prime CP3.

try 3% of heat fans.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Nothing you said was incorrect but its about risk assessment. CP3 carried the Clips, I mean CARRIED us. He gave us everything he had to get us to the 5th seed and past a superior Grizzlies club. He wouldnt have to carry that load in Miami. Wade on the other hand was babied, they monitored his minutes, kept him out of games and enjoyed alot of success in his absence. Yet he still broke down for the playoff run. Hes a better player but CP3 has a greater chance for staying healthy and you would think his game compliments Bron and the rest of the Heats better so despite the loss of any minimal talent difference, you gain a more cohesive unit.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 07:59 PM
try 3% of heat fans.

0.0000000001%*

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Closing for bumping an old thread.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 08:02 PM

Thats an interesting way of looking at it and its something I have wanted to make a thread on in the past. Focusing solely on the Wins when it comes to crediting players or even rewarding Finals MVP. In due time