PDA

View Full Version : Stern says if it was up to him, Thomas would have been on the Dream Team

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2012, 05:49 PM
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/06/13/jim-rome-asked-david-stern-about-the-nba-lottery-being-fixed-and-stern-responded-have-you-stopped-beating-your-wife/

This interview with Jim Rome has already made waves today on PSD, but there was something in the interview that I found to be interested. Rome asks him if he knew whether or not Jordan and company had blackballed Thomas from making the team. He says he did not know, but does say that if it had been up to him, Thomas would have been on the team. He says Thomas played the position like no other player before or after him and deserved a spot on the team. What he doesn't say is who he would have cut to make room for Thomas. My expectation is that he either would have cut Mullen or Laettner.

Thoughts?

JordansBulls
06-13-2012, 05:53 PM
The Big 3 didn't want him on the team. But I agree, he deserved to be on the team.

Lakersfan2483
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
He was good enough to be on the team, but if Magic, Michael and Larry didn't want him, hard for him to be on the team and leave those 3 off.

waveycrockett
06-13-2012, 06:00 PM
YOU COULDN'T cut LAETENERR. It was a rule they needed 1 college player on the team.

llemon
06-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Who cares what Stern thinks on this matter?