PDA

View Full Version : Lebron vs. Wade and good vs. evil

Mambo Kings
06-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes, vs...not in terms of talent, but attitude. When James arrived, thanks to his "Decision" TV show, his years reigning as "the King", and all the media hype from high school on - it was right to assume he was the ego-maniac, the spoiled one, the "chosen one" as he called himself. Guilty, Lebron, on all counts. James vanished in the NBA Finals last year. Again, guilty. If there was a question of good and evil, Wade, our darling - was good - Lebron, our choker, our media maniac, was evil. That was true, all of it, but it was also then, and this is now.

Fast forward to this season. What do we see, from the King? Humility. Maturity. Growth. This is a guy who's growing up before our eyes, or at least trying to. Trying, because he's got a friend who remains a very bad influence. Watch post-game interviews. Listen to James try to speak, honestly, objectively, SERIOUSLY, and matter of fact. This is a man confronting his career and the possibility of failure and he's taking it seriously. Game 6 in Boston. No smiles. All business. Lebron took the gut check and is trying to fight through it.

After the Heat won Game 7 vs. Boston, a tiresome, grueling series, which took Lebron James' heroics to achieve victory, a reporter asked James and Wade after the game, "what would you say to those who dug you an early grave in these playoffs?". Lebron paused. He wasn't concerned with what the media was saying. He was plain faced and shrugged. But Wade's eyes lit up at the question. A smirk appeared on Wade's face. He grinned and replied, "thank you". Wade smirked again, and said again, "thank you". Lebron James looked embarrassed.

Last night, Wade gave us more. "I'm a winner...not worried about scoring 30 points, don't know if that's gonna make YOU guys (the media) feel better." It's just a cut from his rant against the media, but you get the idea. For Wade, it's him vs. the media, off the court. For Wade, it's him vs. the refs, on the court. Where does the game of basketball fit in? Skip Bayless, Wade's biggest fan, even admitted, today, "Wade looks like he's semi-retired".

I've long been critical of Wade, the diva. Lebron has always been a diva, but is growing, or at least trying to grow, out of it. You see that in how James approaches these playoffs and handles the press. Business. Basketball. But Wade is moving in the opposite direction. Wade continues to flop on the court, spend time crying to the refs instead of getting back on defense, and he continues to display a ridiculous chip on his shoulder against the media.

And there's more, of course, even in these playoffs, whether pointing to his completely disrespectful confrontation with Spoelstra, or to his whining about the Pacers celebrating a victory, but at this stage you either choose to see it or you don't. His arrogance, narcissism, the belief he's owed something, either by refs, media, Lebron...it's destroying this locker room. Did you hear Wade's pregame speech last night? Pathetic. It wouldn't inspire a Pee Wee team. He's lost his heart and his simple love for the game of basketball. Lebron is not great enough to win it all by himself, as he demonstrated in failing to lead the Cavaliers to victory, but to Lebron's credit he's taking this seriously and trying.

...if only his friend would do the same.

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 02:01 PM
pretty much

i just hope the reason is wade is injured, if not it would be one of the fastest declines i have ever seen from an athlete.

gotoHcarolina52
06-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Our little metrosexual Diva

Metrosexual obsession: "Every man should travel with baby wipes. I might have messed up the pipes in my house one time by flushing nonflushable wipes. I am one of those men who love the body wash, the lotions, the powders for my feet. I like to smell good too."

Runway shows Wade won’t miss: 1) Versace 2) Rag & Bone 3) DSquared2 4) Any opportunity to sit with Anna Wintour

Wild-but-printable fan experience: I was at a club and I tweeted a photo of some shoes a lady was wearing. I was like: “Ladies, don’t wear these shoes. It’s unacceptable.” Thirty minutes later, she came up to me very angry and said, “How can you take a picture of my feet?”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/magazine/dwyane-wade-loves-his-jordans-and-his-body-lotion.html

rex.reyesiii
06-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Well Wade's been on a downward spiral after the divorce. I guess it has something to do with his personal life.

Just look at leBron he just proposed and is engaged and soon to be married I think he's just "happy". :)

Well its none of our business I guess, but yeah looks like Wade just got into the Dark Side of the Force?

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Well Wade's been on a downward spiral after the divorce. I guess it has something to do with his personal life.

Just look at leBron he just proposed and is engaged and soon to be married I think he's just "happy". :)

Well its none of our business I guess, but yeah looks like Wade just got into the Dark Side of the Force?

Its called a knee injury. That and wade thinking he can shoot the ball like reggie miller. lol

MadBomber
06-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Its called a knee injury. That and wade thinking he can shoot the ball like reggie miller. lol

haha...reggie was a killer!