PDA

View Full Version : do people really think lebron can check durant?

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I mean does anyone really? They were doubling him everytime he touched the ball. Lebron doesnt want anything to do with durant believe it.

MassoDio
06-13-2012, 12:19 PM
There isn't a single NBA player that can guard a star scorer on a consistent basis.

Top flight NBA scorers are going to get their points, regardless of who is guarding them. That is why they are top flight scorers. All LeBron, or any other defender can do to Durant is to try to make him work as hard as possible on every possession. The same can be said for anyone guarding LeBron right now. Or Kobe in his prime. Or Michael Jordan, Bird, etc.

Weezy
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I think LBJ def can defend Durant..but the problem is that it will exert too much energy on the defensive end that it will affect his offensive game. Miami relies too much on LBJ right now on offense.

unleashthebeast
06-13-2012, 12:22 PM
To be fair, Battier covered Durant for the majority of the game. I think that will be changed tomorrow, especially in the 4th qtr

Baller1
06-13-2012, 12:25 PM
To be honest, no one in the league can check Durant.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
he shouldn't be, seeing as the Heat are relying on Bron to do everything on the offensive end with Wade checking out and Bosh not playing like normal yet.

Yankees1115
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
To be honest, no one in the league can check Durant.

Ummm yeah. This!

Durant is the best scorer in the league. Inside/outside game is so balanced you pretty much can't stop him. Dude is a 7 foot tall Shooting Guard essentially.

He can post, drive, has a money jumpshot, and shoot 3's.

driz
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
The Thunder didn't even utilize Harden at all. I think they got nothing to check Durant. No one to slow Westbrook. These aren't the Celtics...grinding out and turning it up for the last 10min ain't going to work here. These young guys are going to run it at full steam all game, every game.

Thunder in 5.

macc
06-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Durrant is a special player whereas he's 7ft tall, lanky and has pretty good dribbles. Plus he has that high relase point. Makes it almost impossible for anyone to be able to successfully guard him. Which is why he'll lead the league in scoring for many years to come.

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2012, 12:34 PM
LBJ did a great job on Carmelo in the first round. He is the best defender on the Heat, and he is closer size wise to Durant than is Wade. Putting Wade on Durant is just silly. The logical approach is to put your best defender on the best offensive player on the opposing teams, especially when they play the same position. If anybody can slow Durant down, it's LBJ, NOT Wade. I mena seriously, Durant has better than half a foot on Wade? Spo? What are you doing?

mvb815
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
i love the confidence in here today. lebron barely guarded durant in that game why is this a thread? did you watch that game?

a better question would be, can durant with his inexperience in the finals guard lebron when he goes off. we saw flashes of it in the third, when lebron finally stops taking the jumper and driving it, is anyone on that young team going to stop him?

i love how people think the thunder already have it, it was one game in okc, with a LOT of questionable calls

driz
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
The Heat thrive on questionable calls. Don't turn to that one bud.

mvb815
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
The Heat thrive on questionable calls. Don't turn to that one bud.

the last time that happened? game 1 of the celtics, i can admit it, but since doc rivers cried it has been the other way around, and if anyone says otherwise they are clearly not watching the games.

Yankees1115
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
i love the confidence in here today. lebron barely guarded durant in that game why is this a thread? did you watch that game?

a better question would be, can durant with his inexperience in the finals guard lebron when he goes off. we saw flashes of it in the third, when lebron finally stops taking the jumper and driving it, is anyone on that young team going to stop him?

i love how people think the thunder already have it, it was one game in okc, with a LOT of questionable calls

The Thunder are a TEAM, not 2 1/2 Men like the Heat. They are so under rated defensively and Thabo did a SERIOUS job on both Wade and James.

Durant and Westbrook can carry them offensively while also having 3 great defenders on the court. Fisher, Ibaka, Perkins, Collison, and Thabo are all solid defensive players.

mvb815
06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
The Thunder are a TEAM, not 2 1/2 Men like the Heat. They are so under rated defensively and Thabo did a SERIOUS job on both Wade and James.

Durant and Westbrook can carry them offensively while also having 3 great defenders on the court. Fisher, Ibaka, Perkins, Collison, and Thabo are all solid defensive players.

oh i don't even watch basketball, thanks for keeping me in check

thabo was the only one playing good d on lebron and wade, they were just taking horrible 21 foot jumpshots all game

YoungOne
06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
wtf is this "really" in every threadtitle!?!?!? like everybody said sth...

blastmasta26
06-13-2012, 12:52 PM
The only reason LeBron isn't guarding Durant heavily is to avoid fatigue. He's doing everything on offense for them, and would exhaust himself if he was to handle all the defense as well.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 12:52 PM
the last time that happened? game 1 of the celtics, i can admit it, but since doc rivers cried it has been the other way around, and if anyone says otherwise they are clearly not watching the games.

Yeah doc must be the reason for this..and it was game 2 by the way for someone who's been watching the games.

I think lebron can keep up with durant better than anyone else they have on their team. Battier's gettin a little too old to keep up with him and nobody else really has the size.

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 12:53 PM
stop lookin into everything homie

mvb815
06-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah doc must be the reason for this..and it was game 2 by the way for someone who's been watching the games.

I think lebron can keep up with durant better than anyone else they have on their team. Battier's gettin a little too old to keep up with him and nobody else really has the size.

actually game 2 was called pretty fair, just missed the call on the rondo hit.

macc
06-13-2012, 12:56 PM

I like your sig. When I was watching the game I was wondering why Pat Riley was seated next to a bunch of OKC fans. It must have been annoying for him all game long to hear their bantering.

MassoDio
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
the last time that happened? game 1 of the celtics, i can admit it, but since doc rivers cried it has been the other way around, and if anyone says otherwise they are clearly not fans that are biased towards either team.

Fixed

mvb815
06-13-2012, 01:11 PM
fixed by a bulls fan, thank you. you could have just posted and said **** the heat, just sayin you know, less letters to type out to express your actual opinion

JordansBulls
06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Lebron can't hold Durant. You saw what happened last year when he tried to guard Terry. Now imagine trying to guard Durant.

SirSkyHook
06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
If Wade holds his own on offence next game and the game is close we will see if Lebron can guard him or not.

MassoDio
06-13-2012, 01:15 PM
fixed by a bulls fan, thank you. you could have just posted and said **** the heat, just sayin you know, less letters to type out to express your actual opinion

I don't personally have anything against the Heat.

But thanks for lumping one fan in with a whole fan base because he doesn't agree with your opinion.

You could have just said anyone who disagrees with me will be accused of being a "Hater" because I can't see passed my fan glasses. It would have been more accurate to your biased opinion. And more accurate to the generic ******** fans who claim their teams aren't getting calls spew regularly.

mvb815
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
watch a game

MassoDio
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
watch a game

I've watched all of the playoff games. Thanks for another generic response that holds no value. The intelligence is mind-boggling.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
actually game 2 was called pretty fair, just missed the call on the rondo hit.

I was just referring to the game were lebron took 24 free throws and the game that doc supposedly cried afterwards.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I like your sig. When I was watching the game I was wondering why Pat Riley was seated next to a bunch of OKC fans. It must have been annoying for him all game long to hear their bantering.

Haha thanks man. I was cracking up when I saw this last night during the game.

mvb815
06-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I've watched all of the playoff games. Thanks for another generic response that holds no value. The intelligence is mind-boggling.

yeah because calling someone who complains about calls a homer automatically makes you a winner in a debate

now that you insulted my intelligence, i guess that makes you a genius too

how do you even have time to watch all these playoff games when you're too busy collecting awards for arguing sports and curing aids

MTL_123
06-13-2012, 01:30 PM
ESPN tracking: Durant scored just 2 pts on 0/2 shooting when guarded by LeBron. Everyone else? 34 pts on 12/18 shooting.

MassoDio
06-13-2012, 01:30 PM
yeah because calling someone who complains about calls a homer automatically makes you a winner in a debate

how do you even have time to watch all these playoff games when you're too busy collecting awards for arguing sports and curing aids

I make time. It's what winners do. Isn't it fun to have the same idiot responses thrown back at you that you dole out. Kinda ironic isn't it?

mvb815
06-13-2012, 01:32 PM
I make time. It's what winners do. Isn't it fun to have the same idiot responses thrown back at you that you dole out. Kinda ironic isn't it?

almost as fun as acl surgery

MassoDio
06-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Now THAT IS a good time.

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM
ESPN tracking: Durant scored just 2 pts on 0/2 shooting when guarded by LeBron. Everyone else? 34 pts on 12/18 shooting.

please tell me you are not this big of an idiot, PLEASE. durant was driving past bron and bron went for a steal and durant got a wide open shot he made cause of it. cmon now, that thing is flawed to all hell and 0-2 is the worst sample size ever.

DeRaptor95
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I mean does anyone really? They were doubling him everytime he touched the ball. Lebron doesnt want anything to do with durant believe it.

If funny your jumping to a conclusion that past. People overreact soo much its JUST A GAME. If lebron isn't doing anything to durant for 2-3 games then we can jump to the conclusion that he doesn't want anything to do with durant

Sinestro
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Until Wade and Bosh wake up Miami can't afford to have LeBron wasting that much energy on the defensive side

torocan
06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Lebron can't guard Durant for big minutes without killing his offensive game. His lack of a consistent jumper puts him at a severe disadvantage late in the game.

Durant is fast, very long, and has a great jump shot. Lebron can't get high enough to block Durant. Durant's long strides means he'll get by Lebron more often than not. And because Durant is good at the rim and on a jump shot, he'll expend far less energy offensively and take less abuse than Lebron who lives on drives to the rim.

Toss in that Durant has a super quick release and can catch and shoot, and Lebron covering Durant will likely hurt Miami more than help them if he does it for big minutes.

Lebron should cover Durant, but only for short stints. Otherwise he'll end up gassed and easy pickings for guys like Sefilosha and Perkins.

Lakeshow24KB
06-13-2012, 01:54 PM

Ignorant.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Hes the best option they have, they just have to stop switching and get back to blitzing pnr coverage.

Durant didn't get doubled much, stop lying

carruthers32
06-13-2012, 02:10 PM

You can say the same thing about Durant towards Lebron, he was dominating him when KD was on him. Only question is....where the hell was Wade in Game 1?

mvb815
06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Ignorant.

aren't you the guy who hated on people from canada with a drake pic in your sig? what was that again?

natelpete
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Sweet baby Jesus, another Lebron thread? Can't we just have one thread, dedicated to the Finals and all things surrounding it, and then one game thread for every game??

The idea of a new thread for every little thought that pops up in your head seems, somewhat, over-the-top.

ShockerArt
06-13-2012, 02:28 PM
LeBron would do a much better job of defending Durant than anyone else on the Heat. Unfortunately, the Heat can't afford to let LeBron waste that much energy on defense because he has to carry the offense right now.

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
LeBron would do a much better job of defending Durant than anyone else on the Heat. Unfortunately, the Heat can't afford to let LeBron waste that much energy on defense because he has to carry the offense right now.

they could if wade stopped playing like monta ellis/jr smith

ShockerArt
06-13-2012, 02:45 PM
they could if wade stopped playing like monta ellis/jr smith

Exactly. It would also help if Bosh was playing better.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-13-2012, 03:00 PM

What a horrible response haha I understand you're mad but don't say such a disgraceful comment.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Back to the topic though, you can't guard Durant because he has such a complete game. Unlike Lebron, he'll be more than happy to shoot jumpers on you all game.

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 03:05 PM
westbrook did a good job on lebron too. in the very short time he was on him, harden was terrible.

blastmasta26
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Back to the topic though, you can't guard Durant because he has such a complete game. Unlike Lebron, he'll be more than happy to shoot jumpers on you all game.
And because of his absurd length.

DJYankee
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Put your best defender on Durant which is LeBron. Then again they also go other people who can score consistently.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-13-2012, 03:14 PM
And because of his absurd length.

Of course, he was ridiculously long arms. He doesn't even jump that high but with his long arms he still dunks on everyone.

Slug3
06-13-2012, 03:33 PM
The best you can do against Durant is make him make jumpers. When you let him drive AND score its pretty much going to be a long day. If hes going to beat you then at least make it by him hitting jumpers.

Raph12
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
No one player can check Durant, like no one player can check Lebron or Dwight or any dominant player... What's your point?

waveycrockett
06-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Like SHUT HIM DOWN?? Hell no. Make him work hard for everything and be way less efficient? Yeah he def could if that was his main job but it's not

waveycrockett
06-13-2012, 04:01 PM
No one player can check Durant, like no one player can check Lebron or Dwight or any dominant player... What's your point?

To be fair to Jason Collins I've seen him do it lol

Raph12
06-13-2012, 04:21 PM
To be fair to Jason Collins I've seen him do it lol

Yeah Dwight only averaged 27ppg on 63+% shooting in that series, with Collins in foul trouble each and every game... LOCKDOWN! :eyebrow:

Dwight's kryptonite is his FT shooting, if he shot those at a 70% clip, he could lead the league in scoring.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
If they let LeBron hack the **** out of KD like they did Melo, sure he can.

Otherwise, no. KD smokes LeBron for 50.

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 04:41 PM
If they let LeBron hack the **** out of KD like they did Melo, sure he can.

Otherwise, no. KD smokes LeBron for 50.

lol melo was still ballin on them. He had like one bad game the whole series. which was the first game he shot 3/15. The rest of his games he was dicking them, but he really didnt have no help.

waveycrockett
06-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah Dwight only averaged 27ppg on 63+% shooting in that series, with Collins in foul trouble each and every game... LOCKDOWN! :eyebrow:

Dwight's kryptonite is his FT shooting, if he shot those at a 70% clip, he could lead the league in scoring.

Yeah was talking about Game 5 in that series. OBVIOUSLY did not mean the entire series.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
lol melo was still ballin on them. He had like one bad game the whole series. which was the first game he shot 3/15. The rest of his games he was dicking them, but he really didnt have no help.

My point is the Carmelo Anthony would average 40 PPG if they gave him KD calls.

You can't touch KD without a foul called. You can mug Carmelo and the REFs will swallow the whistle.

And I am a Kings fans.

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2012, 04:45 PM

this is a sports forum ffs.
i lower my expectations every time I check in here. poor logic, poor spelling, poor grammar.
:facepalm:

waveycrockett
06-13-2012, 04:46 PM
My point is the Carmelo Anthony would average 40 PPG if they gave him KD calls.

You can't touch KD without a foul called. You can mug Carmelo and the REFs will swallow the whistle.

And I am a Kings fans.

Melo still gets to the line almost as much as KD. KD is a much smarter player and has a better rip move and more agressive to the hoop is why he gets to the line.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Melo still gets to the line almost as much as KD. KD is a much smarter player and has a better rip move and more agressive to the hoop is why he gets to the line.

Don't agree. Melo is more aggressive than KD. KD still a better overall player.

cubbies7177
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM

uve got to be joking....

1. lebron hanging on the rim in game 7, no T.
2. Celtics getting 4 T's in one half, none of them warrented
3. the charges... haslem gets every damn one, while collison gets called for the blcok when hes not moving and not in the restricted area...

this list can go on u dumb ****. clearly you are a heat fan... not saying that okc isnt getting calls either, but get ur head out of ur ***. the heat get the most calls in the leeague

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:55 PM
uve got to be joking....

3. the charges... haslem gets every damn one, while collison gets called for the blcok when hes not moving and not in the restricted area...

this list can go on u dumb ****. clearly you are a heat fan... not saying that okc isnt getting calls either, but get ur head out of ur ***. the heat get the most calls in the leeague

The flopping is what kills me the most. No team gets more flop calls.

KingOfSanJose
06-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Such a stupid thread.

Raph12
06-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah was talking about Game 5 in that series. OBVIOUSLY did not mean the entire series.

Oh well of course everyone will have a bad game or two throughout a series; but over the course of several games, dominant players just can't be stopped 1v1, it has to be a full team effort.

waveycrockett
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Don't agree. Melo is more aggressive than KD. KD still a better overall player.

Melo settles tooo much for bad shots IMO when he should just take it to the cup. When he takes to the hoop he is unstoppable.

Yankees1115
06-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh well of course everyone will have a bad game or two throughout a series; but over the course of several games, dominant players just can't be stopped 1v1, it has to be a full team effort.

More importantly Ralph, whats the girls name from your sig????

:clap::clap::clap:

Raph12
06-13-2012, 05:29 PM
More importantly Ralph, whats the girls name from your sig????

:clap::clap::clap:

Raph for Raphael, not Ralph.

And the chic in my sig is Bianca Beauchamp.

mvb815
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
uve got to be joking....

1. he was looking down after the slam, have you seen lebrons expression the entire post season? he isn't looking to show off
2. that was game 1, you quoted my post, i don't understand
3. haslem got 2, and they were the right calls, collisons play was bang bang as anyone could make a case that he was still sliding
4. ghost foul on bosh at 2:44 in the 1st
5. double tech on west and shane when it clearly should have just been a tech on westy
6.missed travel on thabo before the first half ended
7. ghost foul on miller on the westbrook drive in the 2nd half(there were 2, 1 time it was a real foul, the other time was bs)
8. okc went into the bonus early in the 2nd and the refs kept calling ticky tack fouls out at the arc

the list can go on you du... wait, that's just what i got from rewatching the highlights.

you know what's funny, i'm not even a heat fan, i'm just so tired of all the heat haters. i live in miami and even this city is torn apart by haters. 29 teams and several analysts (cough jeffvangundy) are stone cold heat haters.

i know the heat used to get calls, but now the refs have done a total 180 degree flip, i would love to see the games called fair because i know who the better team is. but the fact is, kids like you and people like doc rivers and everybody out there is going to complain about it. you know the only team that wont? the heat, lebron wont, spoelstra wont, the only one who will is wade and people tell him to sit his *** down.

tl;dr

it's getting ridiculous, i can admit when heat get calls, no one wants to admit the other way around. two words sum it up, heat haters

StinkEye
06-13-2012, 11:34 PM
When will ppl stop saying that Durant is a 7-footer? He's 6'9". Though he's lanky as a mother.

Jarvo
06-14-2012, 04:40 AM

:laugh: Lebron can, But Durant is going to get his points anyway.

Jarvo
06-14-2012, 04:41 AM
The flopping is what kills me the most. No team gets more flop calls.

Clippers say hello.