PDA

View Full Version : Trade Youk BRING UP KALISH

PapelbonLester
06-13-2012, 01:31 AM
The title says it all Kalish is finally healthy!!!! I love this guy he needs to be our starting outfielder.....NOW!!!! His numbers are bonkers!

gustofer1
06-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Just like Middlebrooks, playing in the minors probably isn't any more progression for this kid. Trading Youk+Sweeney/Ross will guarantee both these guys playing time. I'm all for it.

RedSoxtober
06-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Trade Ross, not Sweeney. Sweeney is club controlled for two more years.

gustofer1
06-13-2012, 08:09 AM

I love Sweeney! If you can't tell, that's him in my Avatar picture. If I knew how, I'd be PSD's Ryan Sweeney in a heartbeat :) Not sure if it's a nickname you guys would give someone, or if it's something I just don't know how to do, but either way I'm all for having him around for 2 more years.

Towelie
06-13-2012, 09:30 AM

Exactly, and he's been super solid for us.

TragicallyHip
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
It's a limited sample size at Pawtuckett, but he has been raking in that period. He can't be any worse than MacDime.

avrpatsfan
06-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Our outfield hopefully will be Kalish/Nava/(Ross/Sweeney platoon) within the next week or two.

Then when Crawford and Ellsbury come back, see what we can fetch on the open market for Ross and go with an outfield of Kalish/Ellsbury/Crawford with Sweeney as the 4OF. That's my hope going forward.

JMP83
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Think I read somewhere that the FO won't bring him up until he struggles in AAA and bounces back from that.

TragicallyHip
06-13-2012, 01:01 PM
What if he never struggles... ZOMG!

PapelbonLester
06-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Our outfield hopefully will be Kalish/Nava/(Ross/Sweeney platoon) within the next week or two.

Then when Crawford and Ellsbury come back, see what we can fetch on the open market for Ross and go with an outfield of Kalish/Ellsbury/Crawford with Sweeney as the 4OF. That's my hope going forward.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! You my man are a smart guy. Get Kalish some ML at-bats....NOW!!!!!!

Nomar
06-13-2012, 05:06 PM
I dont see us sticking with a group of 4 lefty OF's though.

Crucis
06-13-2012, 05:40 PM

I don't know whether the Sox will or not (of course), but that is one downside to trading away Ross. He's the only power RH OF bat the Sox have.

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Or you could just release Darnell McDonald.

Crucis
06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Or you could just release Darnell McDonald.

Oh, I imagine that he's the next OF to get DFA'd when one of the DL'd OF-ers returns.

Tragedy
06-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Exactly. I think Ross is a solid player and fits well here, but he's a one year type of guy whereas Sweeney is younger and under control longer. I'd have no problem keeping him.

I'd be all on board with trading Ellsbury and Youk. Gonzalez at 1st, Middlebrooks at 3rd, Kalish in RF, Sweeney in CF, and Crawford (if ever healthy) in LF.

Crucis
06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Exactly. I think Ross is a solid player and fits well here, but he's a one year type of guy whereas Sweeney is younger and under control longer. I'd have no problem keeping him.

I'd be all on board with trading Ellsbury and Youk. Gonzalez at 1st, Middlebrooks at 3rd, Kalish in RF, Sweeney in CF, and Crawford (if ever healthy) in LF.

Ross seems very expendable, and I suspect that he was only signed to be a 1 year holdover until the Sox felt that Kalish would be ready (after returning from his long stint on the DL from last season). And thus, if the team didn't appear to be going anywhere, Ross would be an expendable piece at the trading deadline.

Nomar
06-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Want to see Kalish up bad, hope hes ready soon. I dont think hes diving in the outfield yet so i doubt we see him for a bit longer though.

bagwell368
06-15-2012, 03:05 PM

It's OK, we have Nava to SH!

Nomar
06-15-2012, 04:28 PM
It's OK, we have Nava to SH!

with that monster righty stroke we should get in the playoffs no problem!