PDA

View Full Version : A Top 20 NBA Player Chris Bosh Not Starting In The Finals Is Horrible Move

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 12:03 AM
We joke about him all the time but he might be the Heat most important player if they are going to win a championship

He is a top 20 player in NBA, not a 6th man.

He is finally healthy! Start him.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:10 AM
It is because Spo is a moron. And SVG is a bigger moron for thinking otherwise.

Wade on Durant
Bosh not starting
Not being able to draw up an inbounds play

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Lebron was also guarding Perkins the whole game?

Spo is horrible

TopsyTurvy
06-13-2012, 12:12 AM
1) There's no guarantee he's 100% despite what he is doing on the court.
2) The match up of Lebron on Perkins lead to early steals and transition points
3) Bosh coming off the bench injects some instant mismatches with OKC's second unit

He obviously needs to play more, but that is all dependent on how much his conditioning back to normal.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:14 AM
1) There's no guarantee he's 100% despite what he is doing on the court.
2) The match up of Lebron on Perkins lead to early steals and transition points
3) Bosh coming off the bench injects some instant mismatches with OKC's second unit

He obviously needs to play more, but that is all dependent on how much his conditioning back to normal.

I understand what you are saying. But this is the Finals, you input your best product. Bosh not being on the floor as the only consistent big man makes no damn sense.

FIRE SPO!

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 12:18 AM
This is the finals! Chris Bosh is not a 6th man!!!

He is a top 20 player in the NBA, there is no other series after this

Spo is crazy.

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Bosh compliments James and Wade so much and he makes it easier for them

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:20 AM
I finally agree with you, he should start Bosh and put Bron on KD from the get go.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:23 AM
I finally agree with you, he should start Bosh and put Bron on KD from the get go.

Exactly. Wade just got shat on all 4th quarter by KD. KD is a spot shooter, if he gets to those spots and is open count the points. Wade allowed him to get whereever he needed and KD went nuts. Good game by him and smart of him for realizing Wade is a *****.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:31 AM
I should add, not only does he need to keep Bron on Durant, he needs to stop this switching ****. It basically makes it a 1 on 1 matchup for Westbrook vs Udonis or Durant vs Wade. Spo should go back to blitzing PnR like he did whenever Harden was initiating the play

willabeast77
06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Bosh is top 20 player? Maybe with the players still remaining in the Finals but in general, I don't see it. May be he could have started but he was still obviously not up to his full health.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Bosh is top 20 player? Maybe with the players still remaining in the Finals but in general, I don't see it. May be he could have started but he was still obviously not up to his full health.

If he can play 30+ minutes why cant he start?

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 12:41 AM

Are you serious? He is a top 20 player easily.

He was a borderline top 10 player just in Toronto. How many 3rd option players can get the stats he has

TopsyTurvy
06-13-2012, 12:43 AM
If he can play 30+ minutes why cant he start?

I'm going out on a limb here and reach (because I don't want to look at splits to see HOW many minutes he actually got against Collison), but 30+ minutes with a majority against Perkins/Ibaka is different than 30+ minutes against those two minus a few minutes for Collison. Especially for a guy coming off a conditioning sapping injury like Bosh's.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2012, 12:44 AM
You'll probably see that next game.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm going out on a limb here and reach (because I don't want to look at splits to see HOW many minutes he actually got against Collison), but 30+ minutes with a majority against Perkins/Ibaka is different than 30+ minutes against those two minus a few minutes for Collison. Especially for a guy coming off a conditioning sapping injury like Bosh's.

Yeah I know what you mean. But I would rather have Joel Anthony going against collison from the bench than bosh. Anthony will prevent him from getting the offensive put backs.

rickshaw
06-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Bosh looked horrible, Haslem should have been in down the stretch, at least he was getting rebounds and doesn't think he's all of a sudden a 3 point shooter.

LA_Raiders
06-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Spo knows best...

homestarunner93
06-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Why does it matter whether or not he starts? It seems to me like the Heat played quite well at the beginning of the game anyways...

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Why does it matter whether or not he starts? It seems to me like the Heat played quite well at the beginning of the game anyways...

This. It didn't make a difference in the game.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 01:33 AM
This. It didn't make a difference in the game.

I disagree. I think Bosh would do a better job rebounding and defending a player like Ibaka or Perkins and Joel Anthony would do a better job on Collison.

popo85
06-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Didn't play well but should obviously start

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 01:41 AM
I disagree. I think Bosh would do a better job rebounding and defending a player like Ibaka or Perkins and Joel Anthony would do a better job on Collison.

He was awful tonight though. He didn't box out and Ibaka had a ton of open dunks.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 01:43 AM
He was awful tonight though. He didn't box out and Ibaka had a ton of open dunks.

I dont know if it would have changed everything, but I think you put the best product on the court to start. I think Joel Anthony is horrible offensively but defensively he would have boxed out Collison and prevented 3-4 of his offensive rebounds.

Toxeryll
06-13-2012, 01:52 AM
question is why the **** did bosh fall in love with 3 pointers.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 01:53 AM
question is why the **** did bosh fall in love with 3 pointers.

I am guessing him and Bynum have been facebooking eachother about changing the dynamic of the center position.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 01:58 AM
We joke about him all the time but he might be the Heat most important player if they are going to win a championship

He is a top 20 player in NBA, not a 6th man.

He is finally healthy! Start him.

Lol I didn't even bother reading the rest of the thread,

but what makes you say he's 100% healthy? Pretty dumb comment if u ask me..I hate the heat but think that weisel spoelstra gets the short ene of the stick when people say he doesn't know what he's talking about.pretty ignorant....

THE MTL
06-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Chris Bosh should have been started. I would have had him start for the Game 7 against Boston.

I dont care what his excuse is. YOU WANT YOUR BEST PLAYERS in that starting lineup. Especially since out of everyone on the team, he compliments your stars the best!

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:02 AM
I am guessing him and Bynum have been facebooking eachother about changing the dynamic of the center position.

Bosh playing a true 5 obviously doesn't make sense. If u go small and have him play 5 it's only under certainn circumstances (having lebron on the team and durant playin the other 4)

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Chris Bosh should have been started. I would have had him start for the Game 7 against Boston.

I dont care what his excuse is. YOU WANT YOUR BEST PLAYERS in that starting lineup. Especially since out of everyone on the team, he compliments your stars the best!

You think he's 100%? Pretty obvious hes not or else he'd play more..

STL Don
Spoelstra ain't not all there.

ChitownBears22
You think he's 100%? Pretty obvious hes not or else he'd play more..

He played 33 minutes. He can't play 33 from a starting role?

Wolfman01
06-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Chris Bosh is coming back from a injury and it's smart to let him come off the bench. The Heat can also give him 30+ minutes coming off the bench also.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:06 AM
I hate the heat but think its comedic that people try and pretend they could coach that team
better

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:06 AM
I hate the heat but think its comedic that people try and pretend they could coach that team
better

I honestly think a self coached team would produce the same results.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:07 AM
He played 33 minutes. He can't play 33 from a starting role?

Ok..so if he started they would've won?

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Ok..so if he started they would've won?

I don't know. But I think the offense runs better with Bosh Wade and Lebron on the floor at the same time. LBJ Wade Bosh Chalmers Battier to start. Haslem and Joel in for Battier and Bosh or Battier and Chalmers.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:11 AM
I honestly think a self coached team would produce the same results.

I don't disagree at all. Heat could have a player coach but that would mean Lebron takes control. Kg could player coach but I don't thinknlebron could a this stage of his career.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:13 AM
I don't disagree at all. Heat could have a player coach but that would mean Lebron takes control. Kg could player coach but I don't thinknlebron could a this stage of his career.

the team doesn't respect spo and there is no reason too. He fell into the greatest job on the planet. He gets paid millions to reference other sports.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:14 AM
I don't know. But I think the offense runs better with Bosh Wade and Lebron on the floor at the same time. LBJ Wade Bosh Chalmers Battier to start. Haslem and Joel in for Battier and Bosh or Battier and Chalmers.

I feel you I was just responding to the ? asked about bosh not starting being a bad move. I think spo and the management is getting too criticized for the loss and previous losses.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:17 AM
the team doesn't respect spo and there is no reason too. He fell into the greatest job on the planet. He gets paid millions to reference other sports.

He respects Riley's system and is somewhat of a puppet. I hear you on the respect level tho by the players

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:18 AM
I feel you I was just responding to the ? asked about bosh not starting being a bad move. I think spo and the management is getting too criticized for the loss and previous losses.

I dont think they are criticized enough. When you have a player like Wade shooting 35-40% you need to do something to get things going. If you are up 7 points at halftime why do you shy away from what was working in the first half and blow the lead? Why do you take out Battier and replace him with Mike Miller, when Miller has failed to do anything all year?

that is why I question the coaching. I don't think spo has answers, just analogies.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Why hasn't pat taken the reins tho? After last years heat loss in the finals why didn't someone else step in?

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 02:19 AM
I dont think they are criticized enough. When you have a player like Wade shooting 35-40% you need to do something to get things going. If you are up 7 points at halftime why do you shy away from what was working in the first half and blow the lead? Why do you take out Battier and replace him with Mike Miller, when Miller has failed to do anything all year?

that is why I question the coaching. I don't think spo has answers, just analogies.

This.

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Why hasn't pat taken the reins tho? After last years heat loss in the finals why didn't someone else step in?

:shrug:

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:23 AM

Pat has his money, his team, his ring. I dont think he cares that much too be honest.

I would love to see Jerry Sloan or Mike D'antoni coaching this team. I think D'antoni could impliment his offensive ideas with this talent and LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem and Battier don't need him to be a defensive mind. They already know how to play that.

NSJ
06-13-2012, 02:24 AM

I agree 100% and questioned moves they made against the Cs, saying they let up a little.
Makes you 2nd guess the nba and wonder if they have an alterior motive.

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Pat has his money, his team, his ring. I dont think he cares that much too be honest.

I would love to see Jerry Sloan or Mike D'antoni coaching this team. I think D'antoni could impliment his offensive ideas with this talent and LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem and Battier don't need him to be a defensive mind. They already know how to play that.

Sloan as our coach? :clap::speechless:

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Sloan as our coach? :clap::speechless:

the only thing that worries me about sloan is his age. I dont know if he wants to coach anymore. But offensively and defensively he is one of the best minds in the history of the NBA.

King41
06-13-2012, 02:40 AM
vote for bosh to start next game!
you got the big3 to play the big 3

YoungOne
06-13-2012, 02:42 AM
just because the heat dont win every game by 30 spo is horrible... :rolleyes:

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:44 AM

Yes that is what we said. It is because he doesn't know how to coach in close games. He can't draw up a play to save his life. I saw stats somewhere stating he has the lowest FG% out of a timeout. That is pathetic

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 02:46 AM

What are you talking about?

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:47 AM
What are you talking about?

They should install breathalyzers to peoples routers. Help prevent some of this nonsense.

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 02:50 AM
They should install breathalyzers to peoples routers. Help prevent some of this nonsense.

That's what happens when you're a Heat fan. You get people constantly saying nonsense to you. I'm not used to the hate. I'm used to being irrelevant.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:52 AM
That's what happens when you're a Heat fan. You get people constantly saying nonsense to you. I'm not used to the hate. I'm used to being irrelevant.

Exactly, basketball used to be a way to bridge the time between the superbowl and preseason for football. I like watching it but talking about it can be redundant.

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Exactly, basketball used to be a way to bridge the time between the superbowl and preseason for football. I like watching it but talking about it can be redundant.

Yah but when you have the Fins, Marlins, Panthers and Hurricanes (nowadays) being irrelevant every year, you really hope you can have at least one team that be dominant and have a dynasty. Nobody looks at that side of the story. Everyone just assumes every Heat fan is a cocky *** bandwagon fan.

YoungOne
06-13-2012, 02:55 AM
what I mean is every coach/analyst says he does a great job, but you in here pretend to know it better... :rolleyes:

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 03:03 AM
1) Spo has the best defensive forward in the world Lebron guarding Perkins all game?
2) He can't draw up a play to save his life
3) When he draws up a play, Wade or Lebron run something different
4) No one respects or trust him
5) Miami needs a discipline coach not a players coach

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 03:04 AM
what I mean is every coach/analyst says he does a great job, but you in here pretend to know it better... :rolleyes:

They do, but most people see him as an awful coach. Every time his name is mentioned people laugh. Basically every Heat fan despises him. He's not a good coach. He's a pushover.

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Spo also calls time outs wayyyyy too late.

Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle, Thibs and Pops calls the perfect time outs and runs great plays out of the time outs to get going

Spo waits after the other team goes on a 15-2 run all the time

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Spo also calls time outs wayyyyy too late.

Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle, Thibs and Pops calls the perfect time outs and runs great plays out of the time outs to get going

Spo waits after the other team goes on a 15-2 run all the time

There is a reason other coaches say he is a good coach. Because they know they can out coach him. Hell the Bobcats coach outcoached Spo. Just saying.

Kyben36
06-13-2012, 03:11 AM
top 20, your kidding right

YoungOne
06-13-2012, 03:13 AM
They do, but most people see him as an awful coach. Every time his name is mentioned people laugh. Basically every Heat fan despises him. He's not a good coach. He's a pushover.

yeah, because they need someone to release their anger on.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 03:16 AM
yeah, because they need someone to release their anger on.

He is constantly outcoached. He doesn't know how to make adjustments during a game. That is why you see alot of blowouts in the first half only to be squandered in the second half.

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 03:16 AM
He is constantly outcoached. He doesn't know how to make adjustments during a game. That is why you see alot of blowouts in the first half only to be squandered in the second half.

This.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 03:21 AM
This.

It funny how SVG says he is a good coach and people believe him. He wants Spo to stay and coach the HEAT so he doesn't have to try and outcoach a real coach.

06-13-2012, 03:27 AM

He was a borderline top 10 player just in Toronto. How many 3rd option players can get the stats he has

You're kidding urself.

No way chris bosh is a top 20 player hahaha

Players like Kevin love and Rajon Rondo just squeezed into the top 20 rankings done by espnRANK# in the beginning of the year, and his stock has fallen since then.

It is however unwise to be keeping bosh on the bench

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 03:32 AM
top 20, your kidding right

Give me 20 players better than him

He was a borderline top 10 player with Raptors

Look at his stats being the freaking 3rd option behind two top 5 players! Not a lot can do that

The Coaches been voting him in the All star game, not fans

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 03:34 AM
You're kidding urself.

No way chris bosh is a top 20 player hahaha

Players like Kevin love and Rajon Rondo just squeezed into the top 20 rankings done by espnRANK# in the beginning of the year, and his stock has fallen since then.

It is however unwise to be keeping bosh on the bench

Bosh is a top 15 player as a #1 option. The Heat don't use him enough or right.

BigEric
06-13-2012, 03:42 AM

Lebron
Durant
Kobe
Howard
Paul
Rose
Deron
Dirk
Wade
Westbrook
Nash
Aldridge
Love
Rondo
Carmelo
Iggy
Bynum
Parker
Ginobili
Marc Gasol

He isn't "easily" top 20. Stop acting like he's clear cut better than ANY of these players I named. Hell I could probably name 10 more. I saw your previous two posts as well.. you're pretty intent on drawing an argument about Bosh being top 20. I'm not a hater either. I think Lebron is the most influential athlete in a LONG time. He takes crap players and is consistantly a 1/2 seed in the playoffs and is just a damn force.

Bosh is a 6'10 skinny jumpshooting PF. Jon Barry said it best "you could get a bunch of guys that does what he does for half the price, Scola, Landry". Sure Bosh is good/great. He's not a franchise changer like these dudes I named. And yes, I'm serious.

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Bosh avgs 18 and 8 behind freaking Lebron James and Dwayne Wade

People underrate him big time because he is ugly and easy to make fun of

If he chose Chicago to sign with he would be loved by everyone

And everyone knows I don't even like the Heat

eso
06-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Lebron was also guarding Perkins the whole game?

Spo is horrible

I believe that the bulls of the 90's would play Pippen on the other teams worst offensive player during the finals. This allowed him to help and roam more on defence, i think that it worked pretty well for them.

Davidgta1
06-13-2012, 07:28 AM
He should be

tcav701
06-13-2012, 08:12 AM
He should play becuz he scorez mad poitnz and rebounds.

Really?

thats great but did anyone in this thread mention he was 4-11 in 34 minutes and had a +/- of -16?

Battier was playing much better last night and he did okay on Durant.

And if I recall the Heat did pretty well in the first 6-7 minutes w/o him.

06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Bosh avgs 18 and 8 behind freaking Lebron James and Dwayne Wade

People underrate him big time because he is ugly and easy to make fun of

If he chose Chicago to sign with he would be loved by everyone

And everyone knows I don't even like the Heat

he's not a bad player, it's just saying he's a top 20 player is just ridiculous.

I mean really, the only reason I went on this thread because 'chris bosh top 20 player' kinda caught my eye :facepalm:

Yeh i remember chris bosh in his toronto days, and its understandable that his production would have shrunk since playing with dwade and lebron, but c'mon,

There are better bigmen in the league than bosh, who probably wouldnt be in the top 20 players category.

Just to mention a few.

Garnett, josh smith, roy hibbert, marc gasol, milsap ect.

Does everyone understand now why saying chris bosh is a top 20 player is just flat out wrong?

theheatles
06-13-2012, 08:42 AM
you can bet serious adjustments will happen before game 2

theheatles
06-13-2012, 09:00 AM
he's not a bad player, it's just saying he's a top 20 player is just ridiculous.

I mean really, the only reason I went on this thread because 'chris bosh top 20 player' kinda caught my eye :facepalm:

Yeh i remember chris bosh in his toronto days, and its understandable that his production would have shrunk since playing with dwade and lebron, but c'mon,

There are better bigmen in the league than bosh, who probably wouldnt be in the top 20 players category.

Just to mention a few.

Garnett, josh smith, roy hibbert, marc gasol, milsap ect.

Does everyone understand now why saying chris bosh is a top 20 player is just flat out wrong?

none of those guys are better than Bosh at this point in their careers and adding an etc. to the end is asinine because who could be that etc?....yeah, love, aldridge and dirk are better or equal to Bosh but that's it on the PF level right now

Yankeefan213
06-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes Bosh should start and Spo is probably the only person in this world that knows why he brought him off the bench. But all of the people blaming Spo for LeBron not guarding Durant, that is not Spo's fault. LeBron needs to take it upon himself and he has to want to guard the best player.