PDA

View Full Version : (Serious Question) Will Lebron James ever develop a clutch gene?

LTBaByyy
06-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I have never in my life seen someone play 3 quarters dominant and the 4th quarter a total different way.

It has been like this for a while and I don't get what's wrong.

Thoughts?

310Casper
06-12-2012, 11:29 PM
in a few minutes "wade>you" will be in here to defend lebron's testicles

LTBaByyy
06-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I just think its so weird, Wade probably does also

They need to figure this out

Chronz
06-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Maybe hes just not clutch in the Finals, and today its been harder to get free when you dont have your sidekick playing well.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 11:36 PM
You know, when Lebron is near the top of the league in %'s in what is considered 'clutch' time, he doesn't have the 'clutch gene'. :rolleyes:

Swashcuff
06-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Maybe hes just not clutch in the Finals, and today its been harder to get free when you dont have your sidekick playing well.

That's a none excuse. Wade could have been perfect and Bron would still yuck it up. He just wasn't effective late in this one stop making excuses.

yaswaggin
06-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Whole heat team didnt show up in second half

Swashcuff
06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
LeBron's "unclutchness" is overrated but in today's game he just wasn't very good down the stretch on either end of the floor. He looked lost on both ends and didn't play with the kind of fire we got accustomed to seeing from him against the Celts (in large part due to Thabo). He wasn't the only Heat player who didn't play well but lets not go around making excuses for any of them or pointing fingers. The Thunder were the better team when they needed to be tonight and they came away with the victory. Its basketball.

Chronz
06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
That's a none excuse. Wade could have been perfect and Bron would still yuck it up. He just wasn't effective late in this one stop making excuses.

I disagree, when teams can key in on you it harder to get free. The biggest problem for Miami is Wade hasnt been himself these playoffs. If hes around then they can close the game far easier.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2012, 11:47 PM
and it begins...We should at least add some music to really get this going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egne2ZCMM_0

BEGIN

LTBaByyy
06-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Reminds me of last years finals

4th quarters in this finals will get focus after next game

MrfadeawayJB
06-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Its really not something that can be developed

LGhost
06-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Serious question huh? Wouldn't the only serious answer from anyone be, "How the **** am I supposed to know?" Do you think PSD is full of psychics?

Of course it isn't a serious question - it's just a "if I tell them I'm serious, they may view my thread"

Who cares if he is clutch or isn't, especially if you aren't a fan of the Heat? Does he claim to be clutch?

The agendas here suck and mine is worse telling people about theirs

Chronz
06-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Its really not something that can be developed
How do you identify it? Can you only be clutch if you do it in the Finals?

b@llhog24
06-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Technically no one has one because it doesn't exist.

b@llhog24
06-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Serious question huh? Wouldn't the only serious answer from anyone be, "How the **** am I supposed to know?" Do you think PSD is full of psychics?

Of course it isn't a serious question - it's just a "if I tell them I'm serious, they may view my thread"

Who cares if he is clutch or isn't, especially if you aren't a fan of the Heat? Does he claim to be clutch?

The agendas here suck and mine is worse telling people about theirs

:nod:

Houston_Heat
06-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Yea, I guess 30 points isnt clutch enough.. Im sure fatigue and other players around him playing bad has nothing to do with it either.. Gosh I hate haters..

Swashcuff
06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
I disagree, when teams can key in on you it harder to get free. The biggest problem for Miami is Wade hasnt been himself these playoffs. If hes around then they can close the game far easier.

And if LeBron showed that fire and determination as seen at times earlier this post season in 4th quarters it would have mattered not how poorly Wade played he would have still gotten his own.

There is no excuse. LeBron nor Wade nor Bosh played well in the 2nd half (especially the 4th) so live with it and move on.

Tymathee
You know, when Lebron is near the top of the league in %'s in what is considered 'clutch' time, he doesn't have the 'clutch gene'. :rolleyes:

easy to have a high % in "clutch" time when you're passing the ball...

I blame spolstra, having bosch come off the bench. He's a poor tactian, scotty brooks adjusted, ES just went ditz.

Slug3
He actually did alright in the 4th. Maybe we should start to look at Wade.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 11:56 PM
I was looking up at his unclutcheness and I saw an analysis that said Lebron's made 461 FG's in 'clutch' time since 2000, ahead of everyone else but Kobe, who's made 606. Kobe does have more seasons on him though. Lebron shot 46% in 'clutch' time too, ahead of everyone but Duncan, who also shot 46%.

There's a lot more analysis regarding clutch stats but at this point, I rather trust someone who gets paid to do articles over someone who judges a player in a couple of cherry picked series/games.

asmarks18
06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't get the guy. He plays so dominant and plays with such confidence for 36 minutes, then it's just like he loses interest and doesn't demand the ball and when he does get the ball he doesn't execute in the final 12.

Htownballa1622
its not that he isn't clutch to me. its that he's WAY TOO PASSIVE.

Raps18-19 Champ
easy to have a high % in "clutch" time when you're passing the ball...

I blame spolstra, having bosch come off the bench. He's a poor tactian, scotty brooks adjusted, ES just went ditz.

Yea, when he's made 461 shots in the clutch since 2000, only behind Kobe's 606, he's definitely passing the ball. :rolleyes:

StriveGreatness
Technically no one has one because it doesn't exist.

:clap:

ThunderousDemon
06-13-2012, 12:00 AM
He's going to need a transplant from a donor.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:01 AM
And if LeBron showed that fire and determination as seen at times earlier this post season in 4th quarters it would have mattered not how poorly Wade played he would have still gotten his own.
Different competition and further in the playoffs means the heavy minutes begin to mount. I mean sure if Bron gos nova and gos for 40-18-5 again he would have won but you cant expect that on a daily basis. He still needs some support.

There is no excuse. LeBron nor Wade nor Bosh played well in the 2nd half (especially the 4th) so live with it and move on.

You can keep repeating this but I will still disagree, saying Bron/Wade/Bosh didnt play well doesnt mean they all played equally bad. Bosh didnt really get many looks but his defense was bad, Wade was just indecisive and unable to get lift. Bron could have played better but he was the least of Miami's worries, its easier to shrink the floor on him if the team doesnt have to account for Wade's slashing game.

Swashcuff
06-13-2012, 12:03 AM
its not that he isn't clutch to me. its that he's WAY TOO PASSIVE.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!

I mean he has it in him anyone with a brain knows that but he needs to be MUCH more assertive on a consistent basis late.

AddiX
06-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Its hard to be a clutch scorer when you don't have a consistent jumper. Bron has proven this theory time and time again, maybe the best all around player in the NBA, but he can't score in the clutch, thats all there is to it.

Lanes close in the clutch, you have to be able to hit shots.

TheNumber37
No, unless he has a canister of ooze from TGRI spilled on him.

AddiX
Its hard to be a clutch scorer when you don't have a consistent jumper. Bron has proven this theory time and time again, maybe the best all around player in the NBA, but he can't score in the clutch, thats all there is to it.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Dear Lebron; take a entire summer and learn how to play the post.

LTBaByyy
06-13-2012, 12:10 AM
He also didn't get many rebounds or assist

I guess 7 pts in the 4th quarter is better than last years finals, 2 pts?

Mrphilly
06-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Im tired of all these brainwashed Skip Bayless fans. WTF is a clutch gene? If it as real, how the Fck can you develop it. D. Wade played like ****, but because he had a good finals 6 years ago, he gets a pass. Get off Lebrons nuts!!!

Mrphilly
06-13-2012, 12:13 AM

Its that simple!!!!

Htownballa1622
06-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Ding Ding Ding!!!!

I mean he has it in him anyone with a brain knows that but he needs to be MUCH more assertive on a consistent basis late.

exactly. i don't know if its bad coaching or what but as they were exchanging buckets they started settling for terrible looks. lebron and wade are finishers at the rim more consistently that durant (who can pull from anywhere) and westbrook(who can hit free throw line jumpers from ATTACKING)

why settle?

it amazes me not ONE coach or teammate tells lebron to BE AGGRESSIVE.

Mrphilly
06-13-2012, 12:20 AM
^^^^ Its not football, just because you decide to be aggressive and go to the lane, doesnt mean the other team will allow you to get there. The scouting report on Lebron and D. Wade is make them jump shooters. KD has it easy, because he is a jump shooter and can shoot over anybody.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:25 AM
LOL at people thinking its as simple as telling a player as talented as Bron to be more aggressive. If a team loads up on you being aggressive can play into their hands. Theres a fine line you have to be conscious of, Bron could be more aggressive but thats not Miamis biggest worry. If Bron isnt hitting his jumper hes not going to trust it, and if Wade/Bosh dont occupy defenders the problems for Bron are compounded.

Htownballa1622
06-13-2012, 12:29 AM
im not talking by being more aggressive and driving. i mean being active, setting screens, moving w/o the ball. lebron on the court standing in the corner doesn't do any good for the heat. THATS my point.

Young2Kinsler
06-13-2012, 12:30 AM
As long as he has no jumper, no.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-13-2012, 12:31 AM
He runs out of gas in the 4th when Dwayne "Alfred Pennyworth" Wade isn't helping him those first 3 qtrs. Wade is a horrible sidekick to him.

ChitownBears22
im not talking by being more aggressive and driving. i mean being active, setting screens, moving w/o the ball. lebron on the court standing in the corner doesn't do any good for the heat. THATS my point.

Welcome to the ISO offense. Where stagnant happens.

Durant played well. Was he clutch hell no. He hit the shots he was supposed to because Spo the ****** had Wade guarding him and letting him get off high percentage shots.

KB-Pau-DH2012
As long as he has no jumper, no.

He should work out with Kobe this summer during the Olympics and master that midrange game.

Htownballa1622
i understand teams can load up but if lebron is settling for jumpers and everyone stands around, they become stagnant. seriously, I'm a huge lebron supporter and even i can see this. its not that he's not clutch. its his passiveness.

btw im not blaming him for this game. he plays as well as you can expect. wade settling trying to get someone to bite on a pump fake then fading away on a 20 foot jumper is what's my beef with the heat. he's obviously not the same wade.

willabeast77
06-13-2012, 12:32 AM
LeBron has been clutch throughout the entire playoffs.

Htownballa1622
06-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the ISO offense. Where stagnant happens.

Durant played well. Was he clutch hell no. He hit the shots he was supposed to because Spo the ****** had Wade guarding him and letting him get off high percentage shots.

EXACTLY. all is well the first 3 quarters until they get stagnant. but they never get out ahead far enough to put it away cuz wade doesn't usually show until the 3rd.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
EXACTLY. all is well the first 3 quarters until they get stagnant. but they never get out ahead far enough to put it away cuz wade doesn't usually show until the 3rd.

Exactly. Wade plays like **** and then hits a couple shots in garbage time and then the blame falls on LeBron. Makes no sense.

sunsfan88
06-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Does anyone else think its cause LeBron's tired?

In almost all Finals games, LeBron has already played more mins than anyone in the game (both teams) before the start of the 4th QTR.

Then he's forced to play that entire QTR too...

If you notice, Phil Jackson always took Kobe out with 2 mins to go in the 3rd QTR before putting him in the 4th QTR....he sometimes even waited till the 8 or 9 min mark to get Kobe in the game.

Why doesn't Spolestra do that with LBJ?

Htownballa1622
06-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Exactly. Wade plays like **** and then hits a couple shots in garbage time and then the blame falls on LeBron. Makes no sense.

x2

MetroMan
06-13-2012, 12:37 AM
LeBron Played Very Good. 7 Points in the 4th is good. C'mon people get real and stop hating

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2012, 12:37 AM

In almost all Finals games, LeBron has already played more mins than anyone in the game (both teams) before the start of the 4th QTR.

If you notice, Phil Jackson always took Kobe out with 2 mins to go in the 3rd QTR before putting him in the 4th QTR....he sometimes even waited till the 8 or 9 min mark to get Kobe in the game.

At this point, you can't trust Wade being on the court without Lebron.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:38 AM
At this point, you can't trust Wade being on the court without Lebron.

I dont trust wade on the court period. Down 3 points in the 4th with 9 minutes left and he take a contested early shot clock 3 to try and be a hero. He is a grade A moron sometimes. Most of the playoffs this year.

Mell413
06-13-2012, 12:39 AM

The team depends on him so much that I dont think you can sit him for that long. He's the best player on offense and he's their best defensive player

Sinestro
06-13-2012, 12:41 AM
He may not but its only game 1, it can still turn in his favor

LdotAdot
06-13-2012, 12:41 AM
LOL at people thinking its as simple as telling a player as talented as Bron to be more aggressive. If a team loads up on you being aggressive can play into their hands. Theres a fine line you have to be conscious of, Bron could be more aggressive but thats not Miamis biggest worry. If Bron isnt hitting his jumper hes not going to trust it, and if Wade/Bosh dont occupy defenders the problems for Bron are compounded.

^This. Pau gets the same critique about not being aggressive. I'm sure they say it's a whole game thing but it's hard to put up points(the only thing they want) when there's no ball movement, all 3 premier players live in the post and that two of those three need to hold the ball for 10+seconds.

Anyway people just wanna hate and have a scapegoat. LBJ is an easy target. People hold LBJ to the most unrealistic expectations. If he doesn't get 40 10 10 then he wasn't clutch and came into the game apathetic/scared/ or whatever you wanna call it.

ugafan
06-13-2012, 12:43 AM
The whole notion of a clutch gene is ****ing stupid. Doesn't exist.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:44 AM
So by passive you werent talking about his play with the ball, got it. Well in that case I see the point your trying to make but I didnt see the same thing you saw, I saw alot of that it just didnt materialize into anything, his slips on screens were well defended and whenever he got a switch Wade tried to force feed the post (Which led to a turnover) or he wouldnt/couldnt make the entree pass at all, the thunder have made a habit of playing lockdown defense in the 4th. They could all play better for sure, I just dont think its as easy as telling your player to be more aggressive.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:46 AM
He should work out with Kobe this summer during the Olympics and master that midrange game.

What he needs more than that is the in between game off quick hitting screens/pindowns/post plays. He has a strong mid range/long 2 game off the dribble already. He played well against Boston but he has to adapt to a new type of defense.

rickshaw
06-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Well if you actually looks as his numbers late in close games, you would see he is clutch. But since the heat lost lets make a thread about him not being clutch and ignore how no one else on the team showed up except battier.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:48 AM

Yea but when you even mention the possibility that fatigue could be setting in from an other worldly load just to make the Finals, people think your making baseless excuses.

Htownballa1622
06-13-2012, 12:53 AM
So by passive you werent talking about his play with the ball, got it. Well in that case I see the point your trying to make but I didnt see the same thing you saw, I saw alot of that it just didnt materialize into anything, his slips on screens were well defended and whenever he got a switch Wade tried to force feed the post (Which led to a turnover) or he wouldnt/couldnt make the entree pass at all, the thunder have made a habit of playing lockdown defense in the 4th. They could all play better for sure, I just dont think its as easy as telling your player to be more aggressive.

true. ultimately he's doing all he could. i guess i referred to the times that stick in my head where he sat in the corner last year and was passive. Tonight he actually looked to be attacking and moving more.

i agree with it not being easy, but at this point....it won't be easy. its the finals.

hopefully wade can contribute more effectively.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Can anyone show me scientific proof that there is a clutch gene. Please show me where in human DNA a basketball gene is located.

It is a made up term by a LeBron hater. LeBron is not a jumpshooter, therefore hitting jumpshots with the game on the line isn't his forte. It doesn't make him any less talented. Teams have shooters for a reason.

Teeboy1487
06-13-2012, 12:58 AM
LeBron's "unclutchness" is overrated but in today's game he just wasn't very good down the stretch on either end of the floor. He looked lost on both ends and didn't play with the kind of fire we got accustomed to seeing from him against the Celts (in large part due to Thabo). He wasn't the only Heat player who didn't play well but lets not go around making excuses for any of them or pointing fingers. The Thunder were the better team when they needed to be tonight and they came away with the victory. Its basketball.

I agree with this. :clap:

LA_Raiders
06-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Well, He cant dunk all 4 qtrs... He gets tired...

NYtilIdie
06-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Can anyone show me scientific proof that there is a clutch gene. Please show me where in human DNA a basketball gene is located.

It is a made up term by a LeBron hater. LeBron is not a jumpshooter, therefore hitting jumpshots with the game on the line isn't his forte. It doesn't make him any less talented. Teams have shooters for a reason.

2k12 made an offensive clutch stat so it must be real!

Honestly, Lebron had a solid 4th quarter, it's just typical to say he didn't because they lose. The 3rd quarter is where the problems really started, they tried so hard to get Wade going and it just hurt them in the end.

VCaintdead17
06-13-2012, 01:03 AM

Arbitrary stat. 'Clutch time' is completely subjective.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Arbitrary stat. 'Clutch time' is completely subjective.

Then who's to say he doesn't have the 'clutch gene'?

mp3
06-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Well, He cant dunk all 4 qtrs... He gets tired...

Honestly even if your being sarcastic your some what right. I'm pretty sure Lebron had 2 jump shots all game. He banked one in the 2nd quarter and he had a 3 in the 3rd quarter. Maybe he had one more jump shot. I don't know whats harder to believe... that he's that bad of a jump shooter or the fact he can score 30 points on making 2 jump shots. He's terrified to get fouled late in the game. Him and Durant couldn't be anymore opposite.

JoeyBoy718
06-13-2012, 01:19 AM
I agree that the lanes close up in crunch time and it's hard to be clutch without a jump shot... That being said--and I'm just throwing this out there--people are saying he needs to dedicate time to develop his jump shot, but I wonder if he will never truly be able to develop a jump shot because of his physical build. LeBron does not look like a basketball player. The man is massive. I'm no LeBron, but I remember when I used to be real lanky and then I added on lots of bulk, my joint flexibility was altered and it changed my basketball game and even my golf stroke. I just don't think he could ever have that pure stroke because he isn't build like guys like Kobe, Durant, Ray Allen, Reggie miller. I think even Dwyane Wade would have a better shot of developing a shot than LeBron. I don't know... it's just an observation.

macc
06-13-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm almost rooting for Lebron to get his ring so people shut the **** up. Fan's who bash Lebron are more annoying the the Lebron fanatics. How can you diss the best player on the losing team? It makes no sense. It takes a team to lose. Any avid knowledgeable NBA fan knows this. Haters say otherwise. I'm rooting for OKC in this series but I give credit where credit is due. It takes a team to win, not a player.

STL Don
06-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Other than maybe Durant, LeBrons basically been the most clutch player throughout the playoffs thus' far.
This was the 1st really bad outing we've seen from him that really sticks out in these playoffs. I'm not necessarily defending him, I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt.
If he continues to shoot poorly and shy away on offense moving forward and they wind up losing to the Thunder in the series, than be my guest, you can rip him apart as far as his unwillingness to close out big games under pressure. Because that he did not handle well tonight, yet it is still just the first game in the series, played in OKC. Lets see if they are capable of adjusting.

THE MTL
06-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Ppl overrate his unclutchness to be honest.

Anyway, ppl dont understand Lebron Jame's game. Yall want him to dog the ball, not pass, and shoot all the time like Kobe does? Well, he's not that type of player and never was.

If he sees someone else, with a better shot than him and he's thrown some amazing passes late in games to amazing looks at the rim...then he is going to do it.

His NBA comparison was Magic Johnson when he was drafted (point guard).

MetroMan
06-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Lebron should get this "clutch gene" at walmart or Costco

basketfan4life
06-13-2012, 02:37 AM

they play too depended on him, they just can't play without him. Story of every lebron team.

basketfan4life
06-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Yea, I guess 30 points isnt clutch enough.. Im sure fatigue and other players around him playing bad has nothing to do with it either.. Gosh I hate haters..

you know what the word "clutch" means?

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 02:44 AM
He's not a good shooter. If he doesn't attack and score in the post, he's easy to guard. He takes too many contested jumpers.

basketfan4life
06-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Honestly even if your being sarcastic your some what right. I'm pretty sure Lebron had 2 jump shots all game. He banked one in the 2nd quarter and he had a 3 in the 3rd quarter. Maybe he had one more jump shot. I don't know whats harder to believe... that he's that bad of a jump shooter or the fact he can score 30 points on making 2 jump shots. He's terrified to get fouled late in the game. Him and Durant couldn't be anymore opposite.

If i'm not wrong he scored 40+ without making a jumper against orlando in 2009 ECF. That is an incredible thing to achieve, but it's not a good thing for the sake of the team to me.

New generation of basketball fans seems to not know the importance of shooting and acts like it's a bad thing, a player should drive all game long etc etc. But in reality, you gotta shoot some jumpers if you are a perimeter player. It opens up the lane both for you and your teammates.

YouAreSoWrong
06-13-2012, 03:05 AM
When Heat win this series this thread will be awfulll stupid...

YouAreSoWrong
06-13-2012, 03:07 AM
He's not a good shooter. If he doesn't attack and score in the post, he's easy to guard. He takes too many contested jumpers.

You're totally right...he is sooo easy to guard on the perimeter...he's totally not the most dynamic, athletic player in the game...my dearrrrrr lorddddd when will dumb people stop this nonsense

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 03:09 AM
You're totally right...he is sooo easy to guard on the perimeter...he's totally not the most dynamic, athletic player in the game...my dearrrrrr lorddddd when will dumb people stop this nonsense

And in the 4th quarter in crunch time those lanes seem to get smaller. Hard to drive when there aren't lanes.

You are right dumb people do need to stop posting

DaSeba5
06-13-2012, 03:10 AM

That's not what I mean. If you're defending LeBron and he's taking shots from the perimeter you did your job. He needs to get a consistent mid range game. That's what Dallas did last year, and that's what OKC did tonight.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 03:13 AM
That's not what I mean. If you're defending LeBron and he's taking shots from the perimeter you did your job. He needs to get a consistent mid range game. That's what Dallas did last year, and that's what OKC did tonight.

Logic. Point DaSeba5

NBAFan2012
06-13-2012, 03:59 AM
So, we look at Kevin Durant and people see what they want Lebron to do. Make clutch jumpers, make clutch offensive moves, pretty much take over. KD is not afraid of the moment and does not care risking failure. You cant have a clutch gene without having the ability and confidence to shoot jumpers.

The problem with Lebron is he has no jumper (have you guys noticed EVERY playoff games commentators say "well lebrons shot is not falling for him this game but.." and they usually say he is doing other things, or he is getting to the hoop or he has whatever assists) and if he has not gotten one now he is never going to try. It is one thing to take a jumper against the shot clock (that 3 he chucked against the Celtics game 7 is the only shot they kept showing from that game 7) but it is another thing to have confidence in your jumper to shoot it whenever you want. Pick n pop, fadeaway...transition 3, etc. Even today Lebron made a lucky bank shot that was so horrible he banked it in. Lebron made two jumpers today. TWO. There are times he makes 0, or 1 or 2 and that is not going to get it done and he probably knows it which is why he doesnt try to close in the 4th.

A decent defensive team will not let him get dunk after dunk after dunk or layup after layup after layup. People think that because he had that Game 6 shooting performance against the Celtics he can shoot, No he cant, that was one of the flukiest games ever. If he has a couple of games like that in the Finals I will give him huge props but it will not happen. Do you guys think it was a coincidence KD was giving him so much space today?

It boggles my mind why teams dont play Lebron with Rondo type space on D and it seems the Thunder finally got the memo. Wade has been pretty horrible shooting lately too but not as bad.

Aside from that Game 6 against the Celtics I dont think Lebron James has made back to back jumpshots all playoffs. Maybe a couple times...but I dont think often. Watch the next game and count his jumpshots. And just notice how that is the best D against him is to give it to him....

Alayla
06-13-2012, 04:00 AM
come on people LBJ is not a bad player in the clucth

NBAFan2012
06-13-2012, 04:05 AM
If i'm not wrong he scored 40+ without making a jumper against orlando in 2009 ECF. That is an incredible thing to achieve, but it's not a good thing for the sake of the team to me.

New generation of basketball fans seems to not know the importance of shooting and acts like it's a bad thing, a player should drive all game long etc etc. But in reality, you gotta shoot some jumpers if you are a perimeter player. It opens up the lane both for you and your teammates.

Wow reading this and other responses it seems people are finally talking about his jumpshooting!

The Heat rely on Chris Bosh for jumpshooting and clutch jumpshooting, Mario Chalmers, Battier.... but at one point or another Lebron James is going to have to make the defense guard him from the perimeter. If they have to guard him and not give him ROndo type space he can just blow by anybody. But hes like a freight train and someone will step up to take a charge. He needs to have the confidence to blow by his man and if someone steups up pull it back and shoot a J.

NBAFan2012
06-13-2012, 04:09 AM
Field Goal Selection
Layups: 5-7
Jumpers: 4-15
Dunks: 2-2

Scoring Breakdown
FGs: 11-24
3FG: 1-3
FT: 7-9

Look at his past games (aside from the Game 6 against the Celtics) this is how it always is. 1 jumper, 2, 3...maaybe 4. I am still in awwwe there was a game in the playoffs where he did not score once from outside the paint I forgot which game it was. But yeah... I am almost rooting for him now ...they can only do so much making Chalmers, Battier and Bosh shoot Lebron and Wades jumpers

Chronz
06-13-2012, 04:14 AM
So, we look at Kevin Durant and people see what they want Lebron to do. Make clutch jumpers, make clutch offensive moves, pretty much take over. KD is not afraid of the moment and does not care risking failure. You cant have a clutch gene without having the ability and confidence to shoot jumpers.

The problem with Lebron is he has no jumper (have you guys noticed EVERY playoff games commentators say "well lebrons shot is not falling for him this game but.." and they usually say he is doing other things, or he is getting to the hoop or he has whatever assists) and if he has not gotten one now he is never going to try. It is one thing to take a jumper against the shot clock (that 3 he chucked against the Celtics game 7 is the only shot they kept showing from that game 7) but it is another thing to have confidence in your jumper to shoot it whenever you want. Pick n pop, fadeaway...transition 3, etc. Even today Lebron made a lucky bank shot that was so horrible he banked it in. Lebron made two jumpers today. TWO. There are times he makes 0, or 1 or 2 and that is not going to get it done and he probably knows it which is why he doesnt try to close in the 4th.

A decent defensive team will not let him get dunk after dunk after dunk or layup after layup after layup. People think that because he had that Game 6 shooting performance against the Celtics he can shoot, No he cant, that was one of the flukiest games ever. If he has a couple of games like that in the Finals I will give him huge props but it will not happen. Do you guys think it was a coincidence KD was giving him so much space today?

It boggles my mind why teams dont play Lebron with Rondo type space on D and it seems the Thunder finally got the memo. Wade has been pretty horrible shooting lately too but not as bad.

Aside from that Game 6 against the Celtics I dont think Lebron James has made back to back jumpshots all playoffs. Maybe a couple times...but I dont think often. Watch the next game and count his jumpshots. And just notice how that is the best D against him is to give it to him....

LOL fluky? Bron makes a **** load of jumpers all year and shoots a strong % from the perimeter, he just doesnt chuck his way into a good shooting night, its not in his makeup. He will never be as good a shooter as Durant, but to say he has no jumper is pure fabrication.

Evolution23
06-13-2012, 04:25 AM
Check Lebron's stats in the clutch. 82 games.com or synergysports has great ones. He did pretty good tonight but Durant just did much better.

naps
06-13-2012, 04:26 AM
LOL @ this knee jerk reactions. I remember after game 5 of ECF people were making threads after threads as if it was over...then the Heat turned it on.

It was game 1 and OKC was supposed to protect homecourt. LeBron had a great game but Durant was an absolute beast. It's all normal but PSD is acting like finals are over.

Oh not to mention we already have threads on Durant being on Jordan's level after winning game 1 of NBA finals at home...typical everyday picture of PSD where avg age is probably less than 15 :facepalm:

Chronz
06-13-2012, 04:35 AM
LeBron needs Wade to play like Robin, right now hes looking more like Alfred.

Davidgta1
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
LeBron needs Wade to play like Robin, right now hes looking more like Alfred.

Lmao

Weezy
06-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Looks like fatigue...he was playing fine for the first 3 quarters. It's an excuse but still....that 7 game series with Boston might come back to haunt them as this series goes along. Also, wade played like trash and you have to give props to the Thunder defense.

akagiredsuns
06-13-2012, 08:15 AM
It is what it is. LeBron is simply not a closer nor a finisher, and this game was yet another example. Just 2 FGs in the 4th. With Wade struggling LBJ is the one that has to step up late. Look at Durant, first game in the Finals and just snapped in the 4th. Even with Westbrook playing good in the 4th, Durant still managed to get it done. That's what LeBron needs to do, take over and FINISH games. We can say OKC had the better supporting cast, but Battier played well and Chalmers was respectable. In the end, there's no excuse. MIA blew a 13-pt. lead early and just disappeared in the 2nd half. LeBron simply has NO KILLER INSTINCT AT ALL. NONE :facepalm:

theheatles
06-13-2012, 08:25 AM
stop letting espn rot your sport fandom by starting these kind of threads

bucketss
06-13-2012, 08:35 AM
wth is clutch gene that doesn't exist, skip made it up on the spot than everyone ran away with it.

bucketss
06-13-2012, 08:35 AM
It is what it is. LeBron is simply not a closer nor a finisher, and this game was yet another example. Just 2 FGs in the 4th. With Wade struggling LBJ is the one that has to step up late. Look at Durant, first game in the Finals and just snapped in the 4th. Even with Westbrook playing good in the 4th, Durant still managed to get it done. That's what LeBron needs to do, take over and FINISH games. We can say OKC had the better supporting cast, but Battier played well and Chalmers was respectable. In the end, there's no excuse. MIA blew a 13-pt. lead early and just disappeared in the 2nd half. LeBron simply has NO KILLER INSTINCT AT ALL. NONE :facepalm:

whats the difference?

Jarvo
06-13-2012, 08:42 AM
The whole Heat team didn't show up in the 2nd half, They better fix that and let Bosh start.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Does anyone have a legitimate definition to what "clutch" is

bucketss
06-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Does anyone have a legitimate definition to what "clutch" is

if you make a step back three with one shoe off to win the game

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
The whole Heat team didn't show up in the 2nd half, They better fix that and let Bosh start.

yep

mjm07
06-13-2012, 09:54 AM
if you make a step back three with one shoe off to win the game

Does it matter if they jump off the wrong foot?

Mr.ATLHawks
06-13-2012, 10:43 AM
:horse: I mean seriously people. 2 great performances and 1 not so great. Give the guy a ******* break. Nobody is good everytime they touch the court. Where was Durant in Games 1 and 2 versus the Spurs? Does that make him not clutch player? It's sad everyone is held to the Michael Jordan Highlight standard.

Kobe has bad games in the clutch, Durant has bad games in the clutch, everybody does. It's the nature of basketball. I think it has to do more with Miami's apathetic offense.

Look at where Durant is catching the ball, off screens, kick outs from Westbrook penetration, and Collison playing gritty on the glass. Yes its not a acceptable excuse as no excuse is acceptable, but it is a lot easier to be successful when you're given the ball in spots to be successful. Time and Time again we see Lebron going isolation trying to will himself into making a basket.

This team needs a Coach bad. Spolestra has been out coached in about every round this playoff, BUT he has 2 of the best players in the world to compensate for his lack of experience or whatever the case is.

I think Miami lack of defense was the bigger issue in the 4th last night. OKC got whatever they wanted when they wanted it and Miami looked tired. Lack of depth, lack of size. Lets face it Miami is the underdog and if they are going to win they need every person on that team to contribute and play smart basketball and play at 110%.

The Thunder are young, deep, and hungry. Wade looks hurt or lost I cant tell. Chalmers and the rest of those players are being just what they are role players. Bosh is still rusty and being babied by Spolestra so IDK if he's hurt or whats going on there.

I thought we ended this clutch crap in the BOS series Games 6 and 7 but I guess the critics wont be satisfied until James gets the jewelry.

I for one wish him luck and Durant luck b/c whomever wins I will be happy for them. I think they have equally contributed to the NBA and their respective communities and are positive role models for these young kids by keeping their noses clean and being outstanding human beings.

h2r09
06-13-2012, 10:51 AM
give the guy a break. he played an unbelievable game last night. His jumper wasn't falling but he was unbelievable all around and was the only reason we weren't blown out.

The heats problem was more of settling on offense and bad basketball iq on defense.

IF wade can't get going because his knee is that bad, then the heat might have severe trouble if no one else can step up.

blastmasta26
06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
lol People here are acting like LeBron is a Rondo-like shooter and he completely falters in the clutch. There is some degree of truth to these statements, but it is very little whereas people are making it seem like the extremes are the reality.