PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it look like Wade will become a McGrady?

NYSpirit1
06-12-2012, 11:00 PM
This isn't a bait thread and I'm not saying he's going to be as bad as McGrady, but it's clear that he's hurt/looking old. He's had injury problems his whole career and while I do think LeBron could have fulfilled "not six, not seven" championship proclamation with a prime Wade - it's looking more and more since the Celtics series that he's getting old.

I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped off to a 18-20 PPG scorer in the next year or two, not the elite type player he was. Wade, like Vince Carter and T-Mac, relies solely on his athleticism and explosiveness. He doesn't have the shot Kobe does to survive when his explosiveness evaporates.

What do you think? Do you think Wade will drop off soon?

Fresno
06-13-2012, 12:11 AM
This isn't a bait thread and I'm not saying he's going to be as bad as McGrady, but it's clear that he's hurt/looking old. He's had injury problems his whole career and while I do think LeBron could have fulfilled "not six, not seven" championship proclamation with a prime Wade - it's looking more and more since the Celtics series that he's getting old.

I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped off to a 18-20 PPG scorer in the next year or two, not the elite type player he was. Wade, like Vince Carter and T-Mac, relies solely on his athleticism and explosiveness. He doesn't have the shot Kobe does to survive when his explosiveness evaporates.

What do you think? Do you think Wade will drop off soon?

I dont know whether to :laugh: or :facepalm:. Maybe both.

How old are you?

You clearly never watched Tracy McGrady play. He had better if not equal perimeter skills to Kobe Bryant, including having a post-up game at 22 years old while Kobe didn't develop a post-up game until he was around 30 with help of Hakeem. T-Mac is one of the most skilled swingmen in NBA history and it had nothing to do with his amazing athletic ability at the time.

The reason T-Mac has declined is because he has suffered major injuries to his knee and has had a bad back for almost 6 years now. He's playing entirely off of skills at the moment because he physically isn't able to do much out on the court. Most players would've retired after the 2nd arthroscopic knee surgery he had.

Wade also never had the jumpshot that Vince Carter had, and the decline you see with Vince Carter is that he never had the ballhandling ability in his prime that Dwyane Wade has.

Dwyane Wade will be fine. He's one of the greatest slashers in NBA history, and is still among the best in the league even while playing through multiple injuries right now.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:12 AM
I think you didnt see Tmac in his decline, it wasnt that relied on athletic ability, its that it was sapped from him to the point where he could only rely on his skill game. Even in his decline he was still among the best off the bounce midrange shooters in the game and his post game was still sound.

Wade is smaller so the lack of lift can hurt him but unless you know for sure he will never get healthy I dont think its a good comparison, the man is explosive when healthy, Tmac even when healthy was still slow footed and not as explosive. Wade still has some semblance of athletic ability, hes just injured.

raiderposting
06-13-2012, 12:15 AM
is this guy on bath salts? whats up with all these ****ing threads.

Fresno
06-13-2012, 12:16 AM
I think you didnt see Tmac in his decline, it wasnt that relied on athletic ability, its that it was sapped from him to the point where he could only rely on his skill game. Even in his decline he was still among the best off the bounce midrange shooters in the game and his post game was still sound.

Wade is smaller so the lack of lift can hurt him but unless you know for sure he will never get healthy I dont think its a good comparison, the man is explosive when healthy, Tmac even when healthy was still slow footed and not as explosive. Wade still has some semblance of athletic ability, hes just injured.

Great point.

People seem to forget T-Mac was never really the same player he was in Orlando after maybe Year 2 in Houston.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-13-2012, 12:19 AM

xxplayerxx23
06-13-2012, 12:20 AM
wade has a ring
/Thread

ThunderousDemon
06-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Man Knick fans are the worst.

First Flatbush Knicks
Now NY Spirit1

He created that other thread about Durant being the heir to something as well.

Chronz
06-13-2012, 12:32 AM
wade has a ring
/Thread

Did you read the thread?

xxplayerxx23
06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
two knick fans doesn't characterize all of us

xxplayerxx23
06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Did you read the thread?

Lol No I know it was something about him going downhill with injuries just thought Id point that out :D

masTOR_shake1
06-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I agree with the o.p.

I do still think though that the heat can challange every year for the duration of their big 3's contracts because chris bosh is criminally misused and the heat could stand to be better if he gets back to the low-post face-up player/ rebounder he was. As a raps fan I know what he is capable of if properly used and I would trade d-wade first were I pat reily.

BH-Sports
06-13-2012, 12:48 AM
People keep saying he's playing through injuries so its hurting his performance. So my question is, when is he not playing with one? Will that be his excuse everytime? I'm so sick of it

wudadoda
06-13-2012, 12:53 AM
tmac was a BEAST!!!
That is all.

Miami Heat
06-13-2012, 01:37 AM
not a bait thread...yet you've created some heat bait threads already.

wade has been to the Finals 3 times and has 1 ring, tmac is a 2nd round virgin.

/thread

STL Don
06-13-2012, 01:41 AM

You'd think so.

McGrady one, was a great player and his name will at least be considered into the Hall Of Fame. Two, Wade already has a ring anyway and has been to the finals 3 times... point blank,
nuff' said.

THE MTL
06-13-2012, 02:14 AM
can we ban this guy! I cannot stand these threads any more.

Wade has a RING and the Finals MVP! T-Mac never saw a 2nd round. You just cannot compare the two.

Btw, your whole argument about Vince Carter is out the window cause he developed a very consistent jump shot late in his career.

Wolfman01
06-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Who compares players that has been in the league for a long time and won a NBA championship to T-Mac? It doesn't make sense to be comparing someone who has been in the league in a while to a player like D-Wade who is already been a superstar player. Compare superstar player to another superstar player isn't right. I understand when a player is a rookie or only been in the league for 1-3 years and you compare them to T-Mac but D-Wade has been in the NBA for 8 years.

NJBASEBALL22
06-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Wade having a ring doesn't mean anything about him being better or worse than TMac.

Lebron doesn't have a ring and he is way better than Wade is and was at his peak. Lebron didn't play with a prime Shaq... If he had, he would've won a title easily.

Everyone had a field day ripping Kobe for not winning a title without Shaq prior to his title with Pau, in reality, Wade hasn't either won a title w/o Shaq either. Now he has Lebron. Actually, Wade hasn't sniffed the finals without another superstar- something TMac never had the luxury of having. Really, Tmac and Kobe never played on a 15-67 team like Wade did in 07-08.

TMac was a very skilled player if people didn't realize that, great mid-range shooter, ball handler, and passer. What made him even greater was his athleticism and length. That is where the comparison comes in for Wade. If he loses his athleticism due to injures or age, will he be in the same boat as TMac? I don't think so. Wade relies on this speed (and carrying the ball) to get past defenders, more so than TMac did. TMac's length allowed him to get his shot off from anywhere, Wade doesn't have that same luxury. When Wade stops going to the lane, he will stop going to the line.

NJBASEBALL22
06-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Who compares players that has been in the league for a long time and won a NBA championship to T-Mac? It doesn't make sense to be comparing someone who has been in the league in a while to a player like D-Wade who is already been a superstar player. Compare superstar player to another superstar player isn't right. I understand when a player is a rookie or only been in the league for 1-3 years and you compare them to T-Mac but D-Wade has been in the NBA for 8 years.

You understand that McGrady played more then 10 full seasons right? And he was the best or second best wing in the game for about 5 years.

McGrady's best teammates
2000-01, Orl, 43-39, Darrell Armstrong and Mike Miller (Rookie)
2001-02, Orl, 44-38, Mike Miller and Darrel Armstrong
2002-03, Orl, 42-40, Mike Miller (40 games), Grant Hill (29 games), Pat Garrity
2003-04, Orl, 21-61, Juwuan Howard and Tyronn Lue
2004-05, Hou, 51-31, Yao Ming and David Wesley
2005-06, Hou, 34-48, Yao Ming and Rafer Alston (McGrady played 49 games)
2006-07, Hou, 52-30, Yao Ming, Rafer Alston, Luther Head, Shane Battier
2007-08, Hou, 55-27, Yao Ming, Rafer Alston, Scola, Battier

Real, 2007-08 was the first solid team put around him w/
pg- Alston, Head, Mike James, Bobby Jackson
sg- McGrady, Bonzi Wells, Aaron Brooks
sf- Battier, Novack
pf- Scola, Landry
c- Yao, Hayes, Deke

However, lets remember that Yao did not play in those playoffs due to injury and after McGrady, Battier and Scola had the next most minutes in the playoffs. And they were beat by a fairly deep Utah team featuring Deron Williams, AK47, Boozer, Okur, Ronnie Brewer and Paul Millsap.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-13-2012, 03:34 AM
can we ban this guy! I cannot stand these threads any more.

Wade has a RING and the Finals MVP! T-Mac never saw a 2nd round. You just cannot compare the two.

Btw, your whole argument about Vince Carter is out the window cause he developed a very consistent jump shot late in his career.

this

tcav701
06-13-2012, 06:07 AM
No way,

TMac has a much better jump shot.

Evolution23
06-13-2012, 06:14 AM
You understand that McGrady played more then 10 full seasons right? And he was the best or second best wing in the game for about 5 years.

McGrady's best teammates
2000-01, Orl, 43-39, Darrell Armstrong and Mike Miller (Rookie)
2001-02, Orl, 44-38, Mike Miller and Darrel Armstrong
2002-03, Orl, 42-40, Mike Miller (40 games), Grant Hill (29 games), Pat Garrity
2003-04, Orl, 21-61, Juwuan Howard and Tyronn Lue
2004-05, Hou, 51-31, Yao Ming and David Wesley
2005-06, Hou, 34-48, Yao Ming and Rafer Alston (McGrady played 49 games)
2006-07, Hou, 52-30, Yao Ming, Rafer Alston, Luther Head, Shane Battier
2007-08, Hou, 55-27, Yao Ming, Rafer Alston, Scola, Battier

Real, 2007-08 was the first solid team put around him w/
pg- Alston, Head, Mike James, Bobby Jackson
sg- McGrady, Bonzi Wells, Aaron Brooks
sf- Battier, Novack
pf- Scola, Landry
c- Yao, Hayes, Deke

However, lets remember that Yao did not play in those playoffs due to injury and after McGrady, Battier and Scola had the next most minutes in the playoffs. And they were beat by a fairly deep Utah team featuring Deron Williams, AK47, Boozer, Okur, Ronnie Brewer and Paul Millsap.

You are a smart poster because you actually do your research. People seem to forget that both Yao and Mcgrady were hit hard with injuries and never really played together healthy for a long period of time. This whole Mcgrady not getting out of the first round is ridiculous. If he and Yao were healthy and surrounded with the talent like Scola, Raf, and Battier, then they could have done damage in the playoffs.

Davidgta1
06-13-2012, 06:50 AM
I think his numbers will decline unless he can keep away from injury's.

heyman321
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
he's done.

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
after he gets knee surgery this summer he will be fine

Southsideheat
06-13-2012, 10:29 AM

you seem pretty sure of that.

Weezy
06-13-2012, 10:33 AM

There is absolutely no guarantee from this, Doctor.

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 10:34 AM
you seem pretty sure of that.

no doubt, there is something wrong with his knee, probably not a big procedure, probably meniscus or something like that. but thats not an excuse for him to think he is michael jordan with his shot selection lol

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 10:35 AM
There is absolutely no guarantee from this, Doctor.

cool, than there is no guarantee rose will ever be a top 10 player again. or he will ne an explosive athlete.

Weezy
06-13-2012, 10:36 AM
cool, than there is no guarantee rose will ever be a top 10 player again. or he will ne an explosive athlete.

Um.....ok? I'm not disagreeing with this.....sadly this goes for Iman Shumpert too. None of them will be the same, there is no guarantee. You sound so sure about it as if you were a doctor.

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Um.....ok? I'm not disagreeing with this.....sadly this goes for Iman Shumpert too.

well yea, torn acl is a little different than needing a minor procedure like meniscus or something else minor, i mean, rose and shump could get back to where they were but there is also a good chance they wont be explosive atheltes anymore

wade already needed his knee drained in the 2nd round, he doesnt have the ame explosiveness he had 2 months ago, and their is word from heat beat writers that he is having knee trouble, miami would never let that info out but i expect to hear that he has some minor knee surgery after the season ends.

nsimpson638
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Despite the fact that I feel like OKC will take the championship in the next coming weeks, Wade will win more championships before his career is over... Hopefully the "Big 3" era doesn't last forever because that's what I feel is holding him back.. Wade still has the character/talent to lead a team to a championship without Lebron James... Regardless of how this series ends, Wade will end up with 4+ championships.

Southsideheat
06-13-2012, 10:51 AM

Wade is on the downside of his career though, he's just not going to get better, he'll only get worse. He's never developed a consistent outside shot and he's starting to pay for it now. Lebron has been carrying his corpse all season. It's a huge concern.

Yankeefan213
06-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Wade has a ring and has gotten out of the 1st round, so the two cannot be compared in my opinion.

justinnum1
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Wade is on the downside of his career though, he's just not going to get better, he'll only get worse. He's never developed a consistent outside shot and he's starting to pay for it now. Lebron has been carrying his corpse all season. It's a huge concern.

I'm not worried, he will still be a top 5 player after he gets some surgery on that knee.

BlinkManJan02
06-13-2012, 11:02 AM
two knick fans doesn't characterize all of us

Very good point here.

Weezy
06-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm not worried, he will still be a top 5 player after he gets some surgery on that knee.

You aren't getting it.

willabeast77
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
No, I don't see it. Assuming the big 3 return to Miami next season (as they should- win or lose) Wade's numbers won't take that much of a hit. Assuming he is still healthy and doesn't miss a ton of games. He's far from washed up, and has plenty of great years in him.

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 11:13 AM
wade wishes he was ever as good as mcgrady was, what a fraud

RLundi
06-13-2012, 11:14 AM
This isn't a bait thread

:rolleyes:

Sly Guy
06-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I think the OP is jumping the gun here. Wade's had a sub-par playoffs, but that could be anything. He could be hiding injury, or just having an off-month. Start calling him a McGrady when he's got a longer history of under performing [no offence to T-mac]

NYSPORTSALLDAY
06-13-2012, 11:28 AM

Lol

Jakepeavy1344
06-13-2012, 11:35 AM
It's funny how you guys can say he doesn't have a ring so that's why he's not as good. But when comparing lebron to MJ that's an invalid argument. :facepalm:

8kobe24
06-13-2012, 12:05 PM
When it comes to skills and athleticism and both being at their prime, I'd give it a tie. When it comes to flopping skills...well, Wade is ahead in that department.

Ty Fast
06-13-2012, 12:09 PM
wade is on the decline. he is not the same player he was but he is still a player.

BklynKnicks3
06-13-2012, 12:09 PM
wade is not as good as tmac at his best simple but injury wise lookin like it right now

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 12:19 PM
wade aint on the decline, he was never that good to begin with. The refs didnt give him phantom fouls, he'll be back in miami.

NJBASEBALL22
06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
No, I don't see it. Assuming the big 3 return to Miami next season (as they should- win or lose) Wade's numbers won't take that much of a hit. Assuming he is still healthy and doesn't miss a ton of games. He's far from washed up, and has plenty of great years in him.

:facepalm:

That is the whole point of this thread! There are saying, "Due to his age and style of play (attacking the rim and relying on athleticism), do you see him following the same career path as T-Mac, Gilbert Arenas, Shawn Kemp, etc... Once the athleticism goes, Wade will be a shell of his former self.

However, I can see this... I can see Wade going somewhere after he is out of his peak (without LeBron) and being a very good game-manager PG much like Kidd (and McGrady did a little with ATL in his little playing time) because Wade is a good passer, very instinctual and has a high basketball IQ. Maybe he will even develop a decent 3 pt shot like Kidd did.

BklynKnicks3
06-13-2012, 12:28 PM
wade aint on the decline, he was never that good to begin with. The refs didnt give him phantom fouls, he'll be back in miami.

real talk

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 04:33 PM
You will see some decline year to year but nothing like Tmac from 2008 to 2009.