PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod is now tied with Lou Gehrig for most Grand Slams in the history of baseball

SportsAndrew25
06-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Great accomplishment! :clap:

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/212718907436449792

The X
06-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Great game also

sexicano31
06-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah but, how many RBI?

xabial
06-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Yankees were down 4-0 in the 8th Inning, when He Hit that Grand Slam. Couldn't have Been Scripted Better. They Are Now Leading 6-4 By Another Home Run From Nick Swisher.

popo85
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
:facepalm:Thanks alot MLB network for blocking this out and showing the Redsox game SMH...

Jeffy25
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
It is a neat accomplishment.

What hall of fame pitcher never gave up a grand slam in their career?

The X
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM

Palmer, duh...

Young2Kinsler
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM

Rick Helling?

keymax
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
You forgot the * after tied ;)

rocket
06-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah but he used roids so................................................ .................................................. ............

:D

jtrinaldi
06-12-2012, 10:35 PM
in other news Adam Morrison still has more rings that King James

Ares
06-12-2012, 10:55 PM
If only he wasn't a scumbag cheater

yfern328
06-12-2012, 11:09 PM
I don't know why I read this title as Alex Rodriguez has Lou Gehrig's disease. It freaked me out haha.

Jeffy25
06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Palmer, duh...

Yup, Jim Palmer.

It's kind of a neat feat.

knicks_champ
06-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Sad that he used steroids... All these accomplishments would of been really amazing if he hadn't used it.

SACNYY
06-13-2012, 01:12 AM
:clap:Good for A-Rod

Jeffy25
06-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Sad that he used steroids... All these accomplishments would of been really amazing if he hadn't used it.

I for one still think they are.

It just sort of puts a bad taste in your mouth when you see them though, which just sucks.

RevHokALugie
06-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Minor should've never been taken out, Fredi is such a moron with the SP&BP management. (and among other things :mad:):facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

As a braves fan, congratulations to the Yankees though, even if it was a bitter loss. Roids or not that's an achievement.

The only way to sooth the pain is that Fredi is a one way ticket out of Atlanta forever, what a way to hurt one of your best upcoming young pitchers moron. :punish:

YEDN90
06-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Knew it would happen sometime and I'm happy for Arod. He always has been my favorite player and always will be.

Go Yankees!!

Pinstripe pride
06-13-2012, 09:36 AM
man i hope he turns it on now

oak2455
06-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Laser shot by ARod....Yanks playing good ball in first place cant complain.... Just wondering wheres that thread where everybody was saying the Yanks are done and old... Love it!!!!!

hugepatsfan
06-13-2012, 12:20 PM

They still are. Steroids don't turn scrubs into all time greats. Even if you take steroids, you still have to be an amazing physical speciman to accomplish what A-Rod has. Jeffy said it really well earlier in the thread - it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

nycsports2
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Goat

The Schmooze
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Well this would have helped his HOF chances even more(or at least add to his storied career) IF he had not taken steroids.

Many sportswriters won't vote for him b/c of this reason

Hawkeye15
06-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Well this would have helped his HOF chances even more(or at least add to his storied career) IF he had not taken steroids.

Many sportswriters won't vote for him b/c of this reason

I think we may be in the initial stand against the steroid era, but when more and more of these guys retire, and come up for the ballot, I think it will die down some. I think Clemens and Bonds may never be forgiven, but those who admitted it and moved on will be fine down the line imo.

Can't just blacklist a generation of players when we don't know how many actually used PED's.

The Schmooze
06-13-2012, 03:51 PM
I think we may be in the initial stand against the steroid era, but when more and more of these guys retire, and come up for the ballot, I think it will die down some. I think Clemens and Bonds may never be forgiven, but those who admitted it and moved on will be fine down the line imo.

Can't just blacklist a generation of players when we don't know how many actually used PED's.

We'll see how it progresses I guess, but I can definitely see your point as being a possible outcome. Of course we'll never know the majority of players who used illegal PEDs, but for now a certain amount of journalists have said outright that someone who has used PEDs won't get their vote. When baseball's records are onthe line I think it's treated different than some reliever who was on the sauce.

I don't classify A-Rod in the same category as McGuire and Bonds right now(to be fair), but I think as he continues to break more and more records, this issue will be spoken about more at-length.

rkelly7
06-13-2012, 04:13 PM
They still are. Steroids don't turn scrubs into all time greats. Even if you take steroids, you still have to be an amazing physical speciman to accomplish what A-Rod has. Jeffy said it really well earlier in the thread - it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

That's the problem. It is cheating.

Now the issue lays in how different would Arod's stats look now had he not taken steroids. Would he have 300 if he hadn't even used them? Nope. Would he only have 400 if he never used them? Probably not. Would he have at least 500 even without them? Most likely.

The issue lays in the fact that we do not know how many he would have hit if he were 100% clean. And we never will. That's the bad taste in your mouth. It is extremely difficult if not impossible to quantify.

He probably would have over 500, but I highly doubt he would have 600 if he never juiced.

Please don't lash back at me and say it doesn't help your performance that much and he would only have a handful less of homers. This is just my personal opinion and I can't really justify my opinion anymore than you can. It's just a feeling and my opinion on how many he would currently be at. My best guess would be somewhere between 525-550. And he would probably still break 700 since he would be healthier for neevr using steroids.

The sad thing is, he would have been a Hall of Famer if he never juiced. And now he will never be. I guess the dolla hollas more than Cooperstown does for Arod. Kind of sad. Hall of Famers leave a lasting impression and are remembered. Unless he breaks Bonds record, which will never be forgotten since he is #1, his name will fade away in the dust for our great great grandchildren. He would have been one of the all time greats if he never used them. Now, he will just be a * in the record books at best. :pity:

utl768
06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
how many were juiced slams?

knicks_champ
06-13-2012, 04:22 PM
I for one still think they are.

It just sort of puts a bad taste in your mouth when you see them though, which just sucks.

I agree.. I should've put it in different words. I do agree that it's still monumental but it does put a bad taste in your mouth when you go back and read over his career and see that he used steroids.

nolushhere
06-13-2012, 04:31 PM
there is a lot of players out there people like some of you support that probably used ped's or some form of steroid, but because their careers arent as blown up, you dont hear the pressure for them to admit it or anyone really caring as much.

Im not saying what arod did was right, cause Im a yanks fan and I think he shouldnt get in because he did use them during his biggest production years.

Players like andy pettite admitted it, and I think his career shouldnt be slammed for it.

but for arod, Im not gonna defend him.

All Im gonna say is when your digging on him for using them, I guarentee some of the players you supported in the past or currently support have probably used some form of illegal growth drug while playing baseball.

rkelly7
06-13-2012, 05:57 PM

prolly between 10-18? :shrug:

Tragedy
06-14-2012, 12:06 AM
I always thought Manny would do it. Guess it'll be A-Rod.

The Thing
06-14-2012, 11:11 PM
I think it's funny that poster like "Schmooze" separates steroid users into different "categories", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

The Thing
06-14-2012, 11:14 PM
That's the problem. It is cheating.

Now the issue lays in how different would Arod's stats look now had he not taken steroids. Would he have 300 if he hadn't even used them? Nope. Would he only have 400 if he never used them? Probably not. Would he have at least 500 even without them? Most likely.

The issue lays in the fact that we do not know how many he would have hit if he were 100% clean. And we never will. That's the bad taste in your mouth. It is extremely difficult if not impossible to quantify.

He probably would have over 500, but I highly doubt he would have 600 if he never juiced.

Please don't lash back at me and say it doesn't help your performance that much and he would only have a handful less of homers. This is just my personal opinion and I can't really justify my opinion anymore than you can. It's just a feeling and my opinion on how many he would currently be at. My best guess would be somewhere between 525-550. And he would probably still break 700 since he would be healthier for neevr using steroids.

The sad thing is, he would have been a Hall of Famer if he never juiced. And now he will never be. I guess the dolla hollas more than Cooperstown does for Arod. Kind of sad. Hall of Famers leave a lasting impression and are remembered. Unless he breaks Bonds record, which will never be forgotten since he is #1, his name will fade away in the dust for our great great grandchildren. He would have been one of the all time greats if he never used them. Now, he will just be a * in the record books at best. :pity:

If Arod was facing juiced pitchers, you could argue it was a level playing field.

ShockerArt
06-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Lou Gehrig must have been pretty unclutch too

rkelly7
06-15-2012, 12:14 AM
If Arod was facing juiced pitchers, you could argue it was a level playing field.

You could also argue that none of those pitchers should make the hall of fame either. It's an amazing accomplishment and Arod has had an amazing career. It is just sad to know he will not make the HOF and he would have even if he had stayed clean and his numbers suffer a bit.

oak2455
06-15-2012, 12:45 AM

Piazza says hello:D

LASportsFan1996
06-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Great Player Till.... A-Roids Happened...

LOOTERX9
06-16-2012, 08:52 PM
"******* "