PDA

View Full Version : David Stern Press Conference on NBATV

Wade>You
06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Anyone watching it?

Was responding to tough questions about the NBA and refs.

He just finished ripping Chris Abbot from ESPN for chuckling when the WNBA was being discussed.

When asked about the referring in the NBA, he said "The state of officiating is fine for human beings."

He talked about conspiracies, fixes, tanking, flopping.

Rule changes.

tcav701
06-12-2012, 08:26 PM
What did he say about flopping?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Anyone watching it?

He just finished ripping Chris Abbot from ESPN for chuckling when the WNBA was being discussed.

When asked about the referring in the NBA, he said "The state of officiating is fine for human beings."

He talked about conspiracies, fixes, tanking, flopping.

I missed it. Specific please.

Wade>You
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
What did he say about flopping?Can't recall word for word, but he basically said they're looking into it. I.e., nothing will be done.

Wade>You
06-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I missed it. Specific please.edited original post, more info. Either way, I gotta go, so you guys fill in the rest if you have NBATV.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-12-2012, 08:29 PM
edited original post, more info. Either way, I gotta go, so you guys fill in the rest if you have NBATV.

Thanks.

JC_
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
What did he say about flopping?

I don't think he answered the flopping question but he did mention that they might review the rules for restricted area and what constitutes a charge. He said they are thinking of maybe moving the circle (I'm guessing sort of what JVG was saying about making it bigger).

D-Leethal
06-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Did he say anything about preferential treatment by refs or ridiculous technical fouls being handed out?

mgsports
06-12-2012, 09:38 PM
ESPN wasn't carring it and he and Adam don't take Questions from Fans and should because I would ask NBA Draft/All Star Game in a city where no NBA team is like KC or Tampa Bay,Do you like Fan Night coverage and could it be better if NBATV had it's Fan Night Crew calling Game Live and Draft coverage on NBATV on Draft Night need more coverage with a crew live?

King41
06-13-2012, 02:35 AM
stern is an *******

Dawgpound3
06-13-2012, 02:47 AM
You know how you stop flopping? How bout' Refs stop calling dumb fouls, and the players will stop falling hoping to get a call from the refs. Simple as that.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 02:51 AM
You know how you stop flopping? How bout' Refs stop calling dumb fouls, and the players will stop falling hoping to get a call from the refs. Simple as that.

I guess you have never reffed basketball before. It is very difficult and perception is everything. You will never get rid of flopping. You can't suspend a player for selling a call.

bklynny67
06-13-2012, 03:16 AM
They need to call charges more consistantly, thats the sure...

Late in the 4th of the game tonight, that and 1 blocking foul calling against OKC when Wade made the shot was BS!! Defender got there first, was outside the circle, and wasn't moving...of course it was a blocking foul cuz it was Wade/Heat in the closing mins of the game and they were losing....

seriously, anyone that denys that was BS if just delusional. That's a charge against 90% of NBA players.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 03:17 AM

Late in the 4th of the game tonight, that and 1 blocking foul calling against OKC when Wade made the shot was BS!! Defender got there first, was outside the circle, and wasn't moving...of course it was a blocking foul cuz it was Wade/Heat in the closing mins of the game and they were losing....

seriously, anyone that denys that was BS if just delusional. That's a charge against 90% of NBA players.

No it was a blocking foul because Collison was still moving when wade left the ground. You have to be set when the player takes off, you cant step under them.

Know the rules before posting nonsense.

hornetsfansydne
06-13-2012, 03:36 AM

Watch the play at full speed and without the benefit of instant replay and it is still hard to tell. It is a 50-50 call which went the way of the Heat, some go one way, some go the other way, look at the foul on Wade when Sefolosha tried to dunk and missed, again a 50-50 call but that one went the way of the Thunder

BSF101
06-13-2012, 03:47 AM
conspiracies, fixes, tanking, flopping 2010 NBA finals game 7 sure rings a bell.

85BearsDefense
06-13-2012, 03:52 AM
There's nothing wrong with flopping, it happens in every sport, some form of it, in the MLB catchers frame pitchers to deceive the umpire, NFL players sell calls all the time, face it every sport the pros will try and sell the calls. Deal with it.

tapajafri
06-13-2012, 04:40 AM
conspiracies, fixes, tanking, flopping 2010 NBA finals game 7 sure rings a bell.

yep game 7 2010 and game 6 2002. definitely.