PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to want to see Lebron win?

SportsAndrew25
06-12-2012, 07:40 PM
I know he did some messed up stuff in the recent past, and I was just as angry about what he did as the rest of the country, but this guy is too great a player to not win a championship. I want to see him win many rings because he is this that dominant a player and I think a player of his caliber should win championships. I have nothing against OKC and I want to see them win in the future as well, but I really want to see Lebron win this year. I know that is not popular to do that here, but it just my opinion.

Wade>You
06-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Stupid thread. Just gonna get more people to hate LeBron by creating a thread and asking this question.

GoPacers33
06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
I want him to win one so people will get off his back

NBAfan4life
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't want to see him win this year. Before his career ends, but not this year

0nekhmer
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah, as much as I dislike LeBron, I hope he wins so can stop being stupidly criticized. I feel like OKC accomplished enough getting to the finals, and it would create a better story if they lost this year but won next year.

Jamiecballer
06-12-2012, 10:45 PM
no but it is stupid to dislike him simply because it's the popular choice.

Young2Kinsler
06-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Once he told me that my life would go on the next morning and I would just have to go to work while he makes his millions and plays a game, I lost any shred of respect for him. You simply don't say that to people who are responsible for you being able to play the game.

Plus it's so fun to watch him cryfacefail

Hotone1401
06-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Is it wrong to wanna see Lebron lose?

Let's be real. KD > Lebron and these Finals will show it.

KD money in the 4th. Lebron nowhere to be found.

310Casper
06-12-2012, 11:22 PM
, but this guy is too great a player to not win a championship. .

Theres about 10 other NBA all time greats that also never won a ring in the past 2 decades. They didnt hold 1 hour specials to make a decision, try to cheat their way to a ring, call themselves the chosen ones, along with a long list of other things.

It would give me great pleasure to see lebron implode year by year, never winning a ring.

Not one..not two...not three...not four...not five....but zero rings.

310Casper
06-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Stupid thread. Just gonna get more people to hate LeBron by creating a thread and asking this question.

Are you hired by the miami heat to gargle all day and night on their reputation sack?

I posted a simple comment in a miami heat thread last week and you pm'ed me seconds later with a hate filled speech. lol...you're creepy man. Get a life. People dont like lebron for valid reasons, you need to accept that and just be you and let them be them.

:facepalm:

BlondeBomber41
06-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Yep, it's wrong. I don't care about how good of a player he is, he is a D Bag. Not only do I want to see him fail, I want to see him fall on his face while losing.

Plus, if you wanna see a dominant player win a championship, watch Kevin Durant do it.

BigBongTheory
06-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Yep, it's wrong. I don't care about how good of a player he is, he is a D Bag. Not only do I want to see him fail, I want to see him fall on his face while losing.

Plus, if you wanna see a dominant player win a championship, watch Kevin Durant do it.

It looks like Kevin Durant is trying to make that possible, where is Lebron though?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 11:31 PM
No. But it's wrong for others not to want him to win solely because Lebron hurt their feelings.

Hotone1401
06-12-2012, 11:37 PM
No. But it's wrong for others not to want him to win solely because Lebron hurt their feelings.

I assume you're talking about Cleveland fans??

If so, they have every reason to want him to lose. :facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 11:38 PM
I assume you're talking about Cleveland fans??

If so, they have every reason to want him to lose. :facepalm:

Cleveland fans weren't the only one who want Lebron to lose and had problems regarding Lebron's antics.

Non Cleveland fans want him to lose because Lebron hurt their feelings one way or another.

BlondeBomber41
06-12-2012, 11:39 PM

It's not about hurt feelings. It's about the fact that he **** all over his hometown team and tried to take the easy way out in terms of winning a championship. Instead of sticking with his team and building the right way he tried tot ake the easy way out and go team up with two other All Stars. Add in the fact that he didn't even do it close to gracefully and he deserves the hate. No amount of time will make that go away.

Plus when you add in stuff like Young2Kinsler said, he doesn't make it easier for you to like him. Last year after the Finals loss a reporter asked him something like "Does it bother you that so many people wanted to see you lose?" and his response was something like "No because at the end of the day they still have to go back to their lives and have their problems and I get to go back to my life." which is basically him saying I'm rich and you're poor, naana naana boo boo.

Then when you compare them to the Thunder, who are a great young team who play the right way, have two great stars, and a terrific fan base (unlike Miami whose fanbase doesn't even seem to care sometimes despite the fact they have a great team) and there isn't anything about this situation that makes Miami the team to cheer for.

ThunderousDemon
06-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Stop these ****ing threads already, so ****ing stupid especially the title

faridk89
06-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Once he told me that my life would go on the next morning and I would just have to go to work while he makes his millions and plays a game, I lost any shred of respect for him. You simply don't say that to people who are responsible for you being able to play the game.

Plus it's so fun to watch him cryfacefail

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

RLundi
06-12-2012, 11:44 PM
I want him to win too.

Durant can have his next year :D

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 11:46 PM
It's not about hurt feelings. It's about the fact that he **** all over his hometown team and tried to take the easy way out in terms of winning a championship. Instead of sticking with his team and building the right way he tried tot ake the easy way out and go team up with two other All Stars. Add in the fact that he didn't even do it close to gracefully and he deserves the hate. No amount of time will make that go away.

Plus when you add in stuff like Young2Kinsler said, he doesn't make it easier for you to like him. Last year after the Finals loss a reporter asked him something like "Does it bother you that so many people wanted to see you lose?" and his response was something like "No because at the end of the day they still have to go back to their lives and have their problems and I get to go back to my life." which is basically him saying I'm rich and you're poor, naana naana boo boo.

Then when you compare them to the Thunder, who are a great young team who play the right way, have two great stars, and a terrific fan base (unlike Miami whose fanbase doesn't even seem to care sometimes despite the fact they have a great team) and there isn't anything about this situation that makes Miami the team to cheer for.

So because he left after he was in a subpar situation with an incompetent owner and GM who took him for granted and was basically using him as a cash cow instead of actually building a championship team, he should be ridiculed to the point where people make it their life achievement for Lebron to fail?

Lebron would have loved to have been in the situation teams like Durant, Magic, Kobe and many other stars have, but clearly, that wasn't the case. He gave his team 7 years to do something and they had many chances to get him a legit player to put them over the top. The best player they got was Jamison when players like Redd, Boozer, Amare and many more in their prime could have been a Cav if ownership spent more money or gave up a couple more pieces.

Half the Lebron haters here hate him for reasons yet when other players do worse, they don't get even half the hate Lebron gets. Many fans cheer solely against the Heat because their own team didn't get that luxury.

Sure, he's done some bad antics, but hey, when others do worse stuff, they can't get the same amount of scrutiny Lebron gets when the acts Lebron does are pretty much small irrelevant things.

ldawg
06-12-2012, 11:51 PM
I am loving OKC. I really want OKC to win. I don't mind if Miami win one next year or the following year. I want them to sweat and earn it. Dont want it to come not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 but seven easy. When they finally win i want them to say this **** was hard is f.

BlondeBomber41
06-12-2012, 11:53 PM
So because he left after he was in a subpar situation with an incompetent owner and GM who took him for granted and was basically using him as a cash cow instead of actually building a championship team, he should be ridiculed to the point where people make it their life achievement for Lebron to fail?

Lebron would have loved to have been in the situation teams like Durant, Magic, Kobe and many other stars have, but clearly, that wasn't the case. He gave his team 7 years to do something and they had many chances to get him a legit player to put them over the top. The best player they got was Jamison when players like Redd, Boozer, Amare and many more in their prime could have been a Cav if ownership spent more money or gave up a couple more pieces.

Half the Lebron haters here hate him for reasons yet when other players do worse, they don't get even half the hate Lebron gets. Many fans cheer solely against the Heat because their own team didn't get that luxury.

Sure, he's done some bad antics, but hey, when others do worse stuff, they can't get the same amount of scrutiny Lebron gets when the acts Lebron does are pretty much small irrelevant things.

Name all the horrible things other players have done that you are speaking of.

Lebron had full say in everything that happened in the front office of the Cavs. There is zero chance that he didn't know exactly what was going on in the front office and have a say in all moves. All big time superstar players are basically CO GM's of the teams they play for.

b@llhog24
06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Stupid Thread. Just gonna get more people to hate LeBron by creating a thread and asking this question.

No it isn't.

b@llhog24
06-12-2012, 11:56 PM

He's not from Cleveland.

ThunderousDemon
06-12-2012, 11:59 PM
No it isn't.

Yes it is

raiderposting
06-13-2012, 12:00 AM
lmfao at the person saying lebron is a D-Bag. Lebron has done nothing non-basketball related to say hes a d-bag. You can't judge the person in the heat of a battle or when he's just trying to rile up some fans. Many players are D bags but not lebron. What has he done other than the decision and the stupid claim with the championships thing? Players get in trouble with the law and do stupid **** but don't get labeled as such a horrible person. All MJ would do is cheat on his wife all the time and waste millions gambling, what a great role model for kids. What did Lebron do, be a good guy always giving fans autographs when they wanted and give millions to charity. Oh no but he left Cleveland and said hes going to win 7 rings he is going to burn in HELL. what a horrible human being right? god I truly HATE him he is exactly why this Earth can't be safe.

b@llhog24
06-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Yes it is

He asked an honest question, one which may resonate with people differently than it does with you. There are *******s all over the world, shouldn't stop you from doing what you want to do.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Name all the horrible things other players have done that you are speaking of.

Lebron had full say in everything that happened in the front office of the Cavs. There is zero chance that he didn't know exactly what was going on in the front office and have a say in all moves. All big time superstar players are basically CO GM's of the teams they play for.

Between the rape, assaults, demanding trades, practically saying you're not even going to try, sexual assault and other stuff that happens in these players lives, Lebron sure gets a lot of hate for things like not shaking hands, depite him not being the first to disregard a hand shake.

Full say? Dude was pushing for Amare and they wanted to keep Hickson and didn't want to give up Wallace's near expiring. Cavs didn't want to match Boozer's offer from the Jazz. Cavs didn't want to spend to match Redd's contract and they settled for Larry Hughes instead because he was cheaper by $1 mil per year.

Lebron can push for a player, definitely. He doesn't have much power if Gilbert doesn't want to spend the extra millions.

BlondeBomber41
06-13-2012, 12:09 AM
He's not from Cleveland.

It's less than 40 minutes away. That's like me living in Fort Worth and playing for the Mavericks in Dallas. It would still be the hometown team. :facepalm:

raiderposting
06-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Between the rape, assaults, demanding trades, practically saying you're not even going to try, sexual assault and other stuff that happens in these players lives, Lebron sure gets a lot of hate for things like not shaking hands, depite him not being the first to disregard a hand shake.

Full say? Dude was pushing for Amare and they wanted to keep Hickson and didn't want to give up Wallace's near expiring. Cavs didn't want to match Boozer's offer from the Jazz. Cavs didn't want to spend to match Redd's contract and they settled for Larry Hughes instead because he was cheaper by $1 mil per year.

Lebron can push for a player, definitely. He doesn't have much power if Gilbert doesn't want to spend the extra millions.

but lebron left Cleveland in a very naughty way and was very arrogant by rallying hundreds of fans by just saying there going to win multiple championships, and yeah he should of shook hands kids are looking up to him. Lebron is EVIL and full of HATE. He is the ANTI CHRIST. My gosh i dont think there is anyone alive that is worst of a person than LeBron james.....I think lebron dare i say.... is more hated than Hitler the past year. ppl are ********.

Bostondiehard
06-13-2012, 12:16 AM
I know he did some messed up stuff in the recent past, and I was just as angry about what he did as the rest of the country, but this guy is too great a player to not win a championship. I want to see him win many rings because he is this that dominant a player and I think a player of his caliber should win championships. I have nothing against OKC and I want to see them win in the future as well, but I really want to see Lebron win this year. I know that is not popular to do that here, but it just my opinion.
:confused:

ThunderousDemon
06-13-2012, 12:18 AM
I want him to win one so people will get off his back

People are on his back and you're on his............

BlondeBomber41
06-13-2012, 12:21 AM

You don't know what you're talking about. The Cavaliers had the highest payroll in the NBA in Lebrons final season in Cleveland. The year before that they had the 4th highest payroll. Dan Gilbert wanted to win badly and was trying very hard to get talent in Cleveland.

If Lebron truly wanted Amare and wanted Hickson traded for him, he could of made it happen. He was an impending free agent, he could pretty much ask for anything he wanted.

Redd signed a max deal with the Bucks. The Cavs never had the chance to match that deal. It wasn't them being cheap, it was impossible for them to get him.

Boozer hadn't proved to be worthy of the money he got, letting him walk was the smart move at the time. It wasn't being cheap, it was being smart.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
You don't know what you're talking about. The Cavaliers had the highest payroll in the NBA in Lebrons final season in Cleveland. The year before that they had the 4th highest payroll. Dan Gilbert wanted to win badly and was trying very hard to get talent in Cleveland.

If Lebron truly wanted Amare and wanted Hickson traded for him, he could of made it happen. He was an impending free agent, he could pretty much ask for anything he wanted.

Redd signed a max deal with the Bucks. The Cavs never had the chance to match that deal. It wasn't them being cheap, it was impossible for them to get him.

Boozer hadn't proved to be worthy of the money he got, letting him walk was the smart move at the time. It wasn't being cheap, it was being smart.

Lol, what? :laugh2:

Lebron said he wanted Amare. Gilbert wanted to keep Hickson. Cavs offered Redd the same deal they offered Hughes, and they definitely could have offered more. Was it smart letting Boozer walk? Sure, but Lebron said he wanted Boozer, and the Cavs settled for Drew Gooden. For a team that was suppose to be dedicated to building around Lebron, you don't settle for a Drew Gooden.

But sure, let's disregard money for a min. Do you think Lebron had a good enough surrounding cast to win a title? Players leave subpar teams all the time. Lebron just left earlier than others

b@llhog24
06-13-2012, 12:41 AM
It's less than 40 minutes away. That's like me living in Fort Worth and playing for the Mavericks in Dallas. It would still be the hometown team. :facepalm:

It still isn't his home just because its close doesn't mean that he should view Ohio as such. He even said something along the lines of "us Akron kids never liked them Cleveland boys."

THE MTL
06-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Kevin Durant- I was one of the few ppl who liked Durant ever since he stepped foot in the league. Back when ppl called him an overrated chucker. And i just hate how ppl jump on the bandwagon and dick ride and I can only imagine the duck sucking that would go on if he managed to win it all.

Lebron James- i like him as well. And honestly, I cannot stand the Lebron bashers. I just want him to win it so ppl can finally STFU! I dont think I can take another year of the Lebron bashers ******** threads and lies and etc.

Ray_R
06-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Is incest, racism, murder, cheating, stealing, abuse, midgets, rape wrong? Think about it.

Ray_R
06-13-2012, 02:26 AM

Are you hired by the miami heat to gargle all day and night on their reputation sack?

I posted a simple comment in a miami heat thread last week and you pm'ed me seconds later with a hate filled speech. lol...you're creepy man. Get a life. People dont like lebron for valid reasons, you need to accept that and just be you and let them be them.

:facepalm: Post or it didn't happen.

Wolfman01
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
I say no I actually want LeBron James to win at least 1 NBA championship. But not this year I want the Thunder to win a NBA championship instead.:)

topdog
06-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Root for whoever you want. Me, I'm rooting for Durant. I feel like the guy is good for the sport and I love his game - he utilizes every inch of his frame.

Avenged
06-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Yes, it's wrong. I question your morals & beliefs if you want him to win. :rolleyes:

come on, seriously? Everyone has the right to root for anyone they want. It's just a damn sport.