PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls may consider trading Luol Deng to acquire a Top 7 Pick

Fresno
06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Harrison Barnes has been perhaps the most scrutinized player in college basketball after coming in as the nationís top prep player. And then last week at the NBA predraft camp, he became something of a curiosity after a meeting with executives of the Bulls, who hold the No. 29 pick in the first round. Barnes is expected to be taken in the top five.

But Barnes is an interesting figure, as heís been described with an upside somewhere between Luol Deng and Glen Rice. Thereís a potential scenario in which the Bulls could trade Deng for a top five pick to select Barnes, or if he is taken, Florida shooting guard Bradley Beal. The Bulls would have a potential young star to develop with Derrick Rose upon his return and then enough money with Deng traded to get a point guard to play much of next season for Rose, someone like Jason Kidd, Kirk Hinrich, Andre Miller, Steve Nash or Ray Felton.

Itís highly speculative, of course, but perhaps not inconceivable.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_120611.html

I think it'd be a smart move for Chicago, maybe even throw in the rights to Europe's top under 21 prospect in Nikola Mirotic.

NYMetros
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I hope Chicago does this so they ruin all their team chemistry. Deng's a heck of a player.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Who's actually going to trade a top 7th pick for Deng?

Deng is definitely not someone you need when you are rebuilding.

xxplayerxx23
thats tough man, Deng is pretty good, if its the 7th pick you dont know what your going to get. Its a gamble, I would stick with deng if I was chiagos gm Unless i get top 5 pick

Wade>You
If I were in the same situation as the Bulls (cap issues), I think this a great move. They can either go with a proven and/or undervalued player, or they can go with a draft pick of their choice that they can groom to play alongside Rose.

greg_ory_2005
What team in the top 7 would consider this? Maybe GS.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
ugh...this makes no sense

justinnum1
06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Makes sense, they aren't getting past miami with the way the team is now imo.

49ersLALSFGiant
06-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Ya GS is the only team I can think of that would consider this and no you don't package Mirotic with deng. Its not worth Barnes but if u can move in the top 4 and possibly get Beale that's a GREAT move

Fresno
06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
What team in the top 7 would consider this? Maybe GS.

Sacramento at #5 and Golden State at #7 seem like the likely spots.

In my opinion Deng's a Top 5 SF in the NBA behind LeBron, Durant, Melo & Pierce. He gives you very good defense, has developed into a good spot shooter, and he can excel as a 2nd or 3rd option without the ego.

He played hurt all year with a injured wrist and still made the All Star team.

greg_ory_2005
If everyone is healthy: Curry/Klay/Deng/Lee/Bogut is pretty good.

MagicBucsSox
Lmao yeah let's see Barnes guard lebron melo iggy Paul p granger etc. dumb move, and a dumb trade for GSW

Fresno
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
ugh...this makes no sense
It makes a lot of sense.

Agreed. Even if Rose returns they still don't have the firepower to beat Miami, mainly because they made a terrible decision signing Boozer. This allows them to stockpile pieces for when Rose returns, and clears off cap space.

It's smart planning by Chicago if they do this.

Gritz
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Who the hell is going to give a top 10 pick for Luol

Gritz
06-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Who the hell is going to give a top 10 pick for Luol

Never mind Jordan might trade the 2nd overall for him

:facepalm:

SugeKnight
06-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd do Deng+Gibson for 7th pick+Jefferson if I am the Warriors

Edit: It would have to be on draft day and only if Davis, MKG, Beal, Barnes, Robinson, and Drummond aren't there. Lillard or PJ3 or Sullinger for Deng+Gibson isn't bad

gotoHcarolina52
06-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Not a bad idea. Deng is a heck of a defender and can get hot from 3, but they need a legitimate second scoring option.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Lmao yeah let's see Barnes guard lebron melo iggy Paul p granger etc. dumb move, and a dumb trade for GSW

I wouldn't expect a rookie to successfully guard NBA All Stars.

Not sure why you think thats a major problem.

Barnes is going to be a very, very good player and if you pair him next to another driven superstar like Derrick Rose they could turn into a great 1-2 punch.

Barnes is better at far more aspects of the game coming into the NBA than was Luol Deng when he came into the NBA. Deng never improved into a Superstar after he got paid, while Barnes has a great work ethic and wants to be great.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM

Deng went to Duke.

Thats not gonna happen. :laugh2:

effen5
06-12-2012, 06:28 PM
This is Sam Smith we're talking about....he doesn't know anything

smith&wesson
06-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I can see golden state going for this.

curry,deng,lee,bogut

Fresno
06-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I can see golden state going for this.

curry,deng,lee,bogut

Definetly.

Then you've got a solid bench to go with it.

Curry & Klay can be 15-20 PPG scorers and Deng, Lee, Bogut are All Stars. GS just needs Bogut to stay healthy and anchor the middle and that is a Top 4 team in the West.

I'd take them over the Lakers for the Pacific Division.

Beltrans Mole
06-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm not trying to hate on Barnes because I'm actually UNC fan, but I think he's an overrated prospect. I watched roughly 90% of UNC's game over the last two seasons, and I just don't see Barnes being a great NBA player. I think he can hope to be about as good as Deng. That's just my two cents.

RLundi
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Bad deal for the Bulls. Deng had a pretty good year last season and he was injured through most of it. Whoever they land from picks 4-7 would not be as impactful as Deng is. I think people undervalue him sometimes.

TheLegend
06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Bad deal for the Bulls. Deng had a pretty good year last season and he was injured through most of it. Whoever they land from picks 4-7 would not be as impactful as Deng is. I think people undervalue him sometimes.

It's a good deal if the Bulls can pull it off. It helps their cap situation, which needs to be addressed. Extends their window of opportunity, plus they get younger and more athletic. I personally think the Bulls should do whatever it takes to get Bradley Beal. I would even throw in another player like Asik and make the deal. Chances are, the Bulls are going to have to let one of these core players go anyway. So why not do it while potentially getting a young star. IMO, this team will not beat the OKC and I still think the Heat is a better team. Next season is probably shot with Rose out, and Deng possibly missing time. If you could get Beal now, and maybe a good pick next year as well, it's worth it IMO.

fadedmario
06-12-2012, 07:05 PM
How is Deng worth the 7th pick?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 07:09 PM
No GM of a rebuilding team is that stupid to trade for Deng.

xxplayerxx23
06-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Gs would do it, Barnes stock has dropped from when he first went to UNC, I think he will just score, Not much besides that, wont defend, Lebron Melo, pierce types in the east thats a problem but hey that coach does turn people into defeseive studs lol, I like barnes i can see him being a big time scorer

mjt20mik
06-12-2012, 07:17 PM
If SAC can't get Drummond, I would pull the trigger on this in a heartbeat.

Tyreke + Pick for Deng and Asik?

theheatles
06-12-2012, 07:19 PM
maybe the hornets would trade their 2nd pick but all of the bulls targets would be gone

northsider
06-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Yes this is totally 100% proven and absolute no reason to even try.

justinnum1
06-12-2012, 07:25 PM
deng, gibson and charlottes first round pick back to them for the #2 pick

rose
beal
butler
boozer
noah

would be nasty, probably is to much for bulls to give up tho, maybe a 3 team trade to get something else to chicago

Fresno
06-12-2012, 07:52 PM
If SAC can't get Drummond, I would pull the trigger on this in a heartbeat.

Tyreke + Pick for Deng and Asik?

Wait, Tyreke + the #5 pick for Luol Deng & Omer Asik? No way.

Also, Omer Asik can't be traded because he's a Free Agent.

ChitownBears22
06-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Hahaha.....no one wants Deng. He is aging and hurt.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
deng, gibson and charlottes first round pick back to them for the #2 pick

rose
beal
butler
boozer
noah

would be nasty, probably is to much for bulls to give up tho, maybe a 3 team trade to get something else to chicago

You're talking about a pick that becomes unprotected in 2016.

It'd be much different if it were a guaranteed Lottery pick in the following year like the Clippers had from Minnesota, which they then traded for CP3.

But thats a major gamble to take on for a pick that is 4 drafts away.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM

He's only 27 and he played hurt all last season, but will get the wrist surgery he needs before the start of next season.

ChitownBears22
06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
He's only 27 and he played hurt all last season, but will get the wrist surgery he needs before the start of next season.

He will be 28 next season. He has had multiple injuries, 8 seasons in the NBA he has played the full season twice. He is a 12-15 ppg and 5-8 rpg player. That does not make him worth a high pick.

Blackwater13
06-12-2012, 08:17 PM
He will be 28 next season. He has had multiple injuries, 8 seasons in the NBA he has played the full season twice. He is a 12-15 ppg and 5-8 rpg player. That does not make him worth a high pick.

His career PPG avg is 16 man. LOL

ChitownBears22
06-12-2012, 08:20 PM
His career PPG avg is 16 man. LOL

Someone call the hall of fame!!!!!!! His last two seasons he was a 15 avg player. That is all I am saying. He is a role player. Nobody gives up a top 10 pick for a role player.

TheLegend
06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Lmaoooooooooooo

2-ONE-5
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
with all the rumors with deals involving Iggy for the 7th/8th pick I dont see why Toronto or GS wouldnt be interested in Deng as well.

JDM
06-12-2012, 08:44 PM

shhhhhh, don't speak such things into existence.

Even if Chicago gives us back our pick, it makes no sense for Charlotte to do that deal. I agree that Sacramento and GS are the most likely teams to pull off a trade with Chicago.

Monta is beast
06-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Are you serious? Deng is not a role player. He is one of the best defensive wings in the league, even though he wasn't that great this season.

BcEuAbRsS
06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
This is a petty ****** draft... Loul is undoubtedly better than any bum cake that goes after the top 5...

That said, I'd do Deng +Taj + Bulls 1st for the Bobcats #2 pick

Buy the rights of Mirotic

Rose/Billups
Beal/Rip/Korver
Brewer/Butler/Korver
Boozer/Mirotic
Noah/Asik

Then fill the other 3-4 spots with league minimum guys

ChitownBears22
06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Are you serious? Deng is not a role player. He is one of the best defensive wings in the league, even though he wasn't that great this season.

Yes he is role player. He is a solid piece to have starting for a team. But in no way is he worth a high draft pick.

kenzo400
06-12-2012, 09:05 PM

I think it'd be a smart move for Chicago, maybe even throw in the rights to Europe's top under 21 prospect in Nikola Mirotic.

I've read an article that said Barnes actually worked out for Chicago, so it could be very likely to happen. Can't seem to find it now though. Anyways, i completely agree with you, it would be a great deal for Chicago, but i'm not really sure why any of the top 7 teams would want to do this trade. Deng is not going to push any of these teams over the top. He's a great player to add if you already got a competing team, but otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

jp611
06-12-2012, 09:29 PM

He just turned 27

FriedTofuz
06-12-2012, 09:38 PM
they had to say top 7, id consider trading the 8th pick for him.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-12-2012, 09:41 PM

ugh I thought Jonas Val was

In my opinion Deng's a Top 5 SF in the NBA behind LeBron, Durant, Melo & Pierce. He gives you very good defense, has developed into a good spot shooter, and he can excel as a 2nd or 3rd option without the ego.

No he isn't he's not better than Iggy and its debateable with Gay.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't see any team wanting to give up a good lottery pick in the draft for a guy who potentially could miss a nice chunk of next season.

KnicksorBust
06-12-2012, 09:47 PM

That starting 5 can do everything... Warriors would become my 3rd favorite team with that lineup and would definately make the playoffs.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 09:47 PM
ugh I thought Jonas Val was

No he isn't he's not better than Iggy and its debateable with Gay.

Deng is better than Iggy.

Just from a production standpoint, Deng had a better season and did so with a severely injured wrist.

Rudy Gay is debatable though. My only issue is he takes a lot of bad shots.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes he is role player. He is a solid piece to have starting for a team. But in no way is he worth a high draft pick.

You're confusing "role player" with a legit #2/#3 option on a contending team. A "role player" to most people is someone like Kyle Korver or Shane Battier. You say Luol Deng is a 12-15 PPG scorer yet the past 2 seasons before this year he was putting up 17 PPG, 6 RPG along with great defense.

Deng fits into any offense. Thats why hes so valuable.

He put up nearly 19 PPG in an uptempo defensive oriented system under Skiles. Then he put up 17 PPG in a pick & roll system under VDN. Now he puts up 17 PPG and made an All Star team in a motion offense under Thibs where he's become a good spot shooter.

BHF
06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
they had to say top 7, id consider trading the 8th pick for him.

hell no we give our 8th pick for Dang no no no

Knicks21
06-12-2012, 10:00 PM
That starting 5 can do everything... Warriors would become my 3rd favorite team with that lineup and would definately make the playoffs.

Yeah thats if Bogut, Curry and Deng could stay healthy, and that is a big if.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
I've read an article that said Barnes actually worked out for Chicago, so it could be very likely to happen. Can't seem to find it now though. Anyways, i completely agree with you, it would be a great deal for Chicago, but i'm not really sure why any of the top 7 teams would want to do this trade. Deng is not going to push any of these teams over the top. He's a great player to add if you already got a competing team, but otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

Golden State at #7 makes the most sense for Deng.

They reportedly are considering Perry Jones or Terrence Jones at #7 to fill their void at SF. Neither is a guarantee to do anything as rookies next season.

I think Deng could possibly be that missing piece to push them over the top from Lottery team to possible Top 4 seed out West if their lineup stays healthy.

FriedTofuz
06-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Raptors should really try to get on this, offer the 8th pick + ed davis for loul deng + asik

FriedTofuz
06-12-2012, 10:13 PM
loul deng, in about 35 minutes of play, can give you good defense, shooting,rebounding and scoring. I'd project 15 pts/ 6 rebs / 2 ast and a block and a steal. solid numbers. 12.5 mil contract for an all star? I'll take it. 3 years left on his contract? hes only 27.

KnicksorBust
06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah thats if Bogut, Curry and Deng could stay healthy, and that is a big if.

Bogut worries me more than the other two.

heattiltheend94
06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
bad trade for both sides. deng is great for chicago/championship caliber team, but horrible for a rebuilding team.

IndiansFan337
06-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I saw a report that Deng may put off surgery that he needs until after the Olympics, which would then leave him out of NBA action until around Xmas or 2013. If this is true, I can't see teams knocking off Chicago's socks with any offers.

kenzo400
06-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Golden State at #7 makes the most sense for Deng.

They reportedly are considering Perry Jones or Terrence Jones at #7 to fill their void at SF. Neither is a guarantee to do anything as rookies next season.

I think Deng could possibly be that missing piece to push them over the top from Lottery team to possible Top 4 seed out West if their lineup stays healthy.

I think there is a good chance that Beal and Barnes could be gone by the 7th pick though. But yeah, i agree GS is probably the best place.

theheatles
06-12-2012, 10:36 PM
loul deng, in about 35 minutes of play, can give you good defense, shooting,rebounding and scoring. I'd project 15 pts/ 6 rebs / 2 ast and a block and a steal. solid numbers. 12.5 mil contract for an all star? I'll take it. 3 years left on his contract? hes only 27.

35 minutes? I don't think there was ever a game where Deng didn't play at least 40 minutes since thibodeau became coach

Fresno
06-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I think there is a good chance that Beal and Barnes could be gone by the 7th pick though. But yeah, i agree GS is probably the best place.

If Chicago can get the 7th pick + Biedrins' bad contract for Luol Deng pre-draft then it gives them time to try to get the #5 pick from Sacramento. There's a high chance that 1 of Beal, Barnes, or Robinson will be available at #5.

The article also mentions the possibility of trying to get Houston's 2 mid 1st Round Picks(14 & 16) which could also be packaged together to move up.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 10:44 PM

Actually, its ony 2 more years left.

Fresno
06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
bad trade for both sides. deng is great for chicago/championship caliber team, but horrible for a rebuilding team.

Maybe Chicago simply realizes that they aren't a Championship caliber team because they can't beat the Miami Heat right now.

They're going to have a down year next year anyways with Rose out for 50-75% of the season, but likely wont have an immediate impact when he returns and shakes off the rust.

So why not build to contend after Miami declines(mainly Wade)?

Draft Brad Beal at #5 in 2012 Draft
Rest D-Rose for the entire 2012-2013 season
Get a top 10 pick in the 2013 Draft

Now you've got a new trio of Rose(25), Beal(20), & whoever you grab in the 2013 draft.

STL Don
06-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Damn, I'd love to have Deng on the Lakers.
And i'd say he's definitely worth a top 7 pick.

Silent
06-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Maybe Chicago simply realizes that they aren't a Championship caliber team because they can't beat the Miami Heat right now.

They're going to have a down year next year anyways with Rose out for 50-75% of the season, but likely wont have an immediate impact when he returns and shakes off the rust.

So why not build to contend after Miami declines(mainly Wade)?

Draft Brad Beal at #5 in 2012 Draft
Rest D-Rose for the entire 2012-2013 season
Get a top 10 pick in the 2013 Draft

Now you've got a new trio of Rose(25), Beal(20), & whoever you grab in the 2013 draft.

Beating the heat has nothing to do with it its the damm salary cap where looking to trade anyone not nammed rose

ChicagoFan4Eva
06-13-2012, 02:04 AM
not with mirotic.. that's stupid

THE MTL
06-13-2012, 02:08 AM
Hell, if Chicago can get a top 7 pick for Luol Deng.....they would do that in a heartbeat. Iono anyone who would trade a top 7 pick for Deng!

Wolfman01
06-13-2012, 02:11 AM
2012 draft will be one of the stronger draft in the history of the NBA. The Bulls of course knows that as well and will like to upgrade at small foward with Harrison Barnes.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Bulls need to find a way to trade Deng and the Charlotte pick for Melo or find a way to trade Deng/Taj and Noah and the Charlotte Pick for Dwight and Hedo.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Bulls need to find a way to trade Deng and the Charlotte pick for Melo or find a way to trade Deng/Taj and Noah and the Charlotte Pick for Dwight and Hedo.

:laugh:

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
:laugh:

Why is that funny? there were rumors that the Knicks may do a Melo for Deng swap. Now add in the Charlotte pick which could be a top 3 pick and it makes it enticing.

LAKobeBryant
06-14-2012, 05:03 PM

healthy chicago teams i think so. and they have a pretty deep bench

Kyben36
06-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I thinks its ******** to trade a player whos upside is compared to the player he is being traded for. thats like trading Dwight howard for a player coming out of college with the upside of Dwight howard, maybe a little more ********, but its just dumb.

if we where, i would want a proven player along with Deng, which probably would not happen. Barnes is a good player but has done nothing for me to say he would be any better than Deng.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:28 PM
healthy chicago teams i think so. and they have a pretty deep bench

I dont see it. They need a legit 2nd option if they want to get past miami.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Why is that funny? there were rumors that the Knicks may do a Melo for Deng swap. Now add in the Charlotte pick which could be a top 3 pick and it makes it enticing.

Its funny because it doesnt make chicago any better imo, i would love for them to do that trade.

smiddy012
06-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Wait, Tyreke + the #5 pick for Luol Deng & Omer Asik? No way.

Also, Omer Asik can't be traded because he's a Free Agent.

No he's not, he's got one year left, he's restricted.

smiddy012
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
If the Bulls were really desperate to get under the cap they'd amnesty Booz. I don't buy that this trade makes sense for financial reasons. Deng's contract isn't as horrible as it once was. He's done nothing but get better over his career, he's only 27.

Also, non Bulls fans always forget that Mirotic is not a chip to be traded. The only reason he entered the draft when he did was because the Bulls made it known that they would select him, this is a fact. He entered the draft when he did to become a Chicago Bull, not to simply play for any team in the NBA. We pretty much guaranteed he'd be a Bull, we're not going to trade him... and even if we did he may not even come to the NBA.

Kyben36
06-14-2012, 05:39 PM
If the Bulls were really desperate to get under the cap they'd amnesty Booz.

its not about cap its about money, Reinsdorph is cheap, amnestying boozer we would still have to pay off the contract that isnt taken by another team every season. it may come off cap but people need to realize you still have to pay that money, Reinsdorph isnt going to pay money for a player who isnt on his team.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:42 PM
its not about cap its about money, Reinsdorph is cheap, amnestying boozer we would still have to pay off the contract that isnt taken by another team every season. it may come off cap but people need to realize you still have to pay that money, Reinsdorph isnt going to pay money for a player who isnt on his team.

true, the only thing that would do is save some tax money, but bulls are stuck with boozer unless they can find some team under the cap to take him and even then they would probably need to take back a bad contract.

something like boozer and charlotte #2 for cory magette

magette has one more year on his deal, boozer has 3

Missing56&33
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Who's actually going to trade a top 7th pick for Deng?
Deng is definitely not someone you need when you are rebuilding.

this.....he may not even be able to get a first rounder

GoferKing_
06-14-2012, 05:59 PM

We don't need Dengs overpaid ***, we rather test our luck in the draft. Sacramento won't help you unload crap.

TheIlladelph16
06-14-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure Deng is even worth a top 7 pick... I think Iguodala is a comparable player with more value, but I don't think a team should trade a top 7 for him unless they are a contender or a fringe contender. Typically those teams don't have a top 7 pick so there would have to be more value coming from the Bulls.

Plus the Bulls would be worse in the short-term when they already have a championship contending (or close) roster pending Rose's health. You can't expect a player to contribute like Deng does for at least a couple years, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

smiddy012
06-14-2012, 06:10 PM
this.....he may not even be able to get a first rounder

smiddy012
06-14-2012, 06:12 PM
i'm not sure deng is even worth a top 7 pick... I think iguodala is a comparable player with more value, but i don't think a team should trade a top 7 for him unless they are a contender or a fringe contender. Typically those teams don't have a top 7 pick so there would have to be more value coming from the bulls.

Plus the bulls would be worse in the short-term when they already have a championship contending (or close) roster pending rose's health. You can't expect a player to contribute like deng does for at least a couple years, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

+1

smiddy012
06-14-2012, 06:14 PM

then we should trade Booz for a bag of potato chips before trading Deng for a question mark. they've already stated that they likely won't trade Booz, Noah, or Deng, so maybe the owner still has faith in a team that's been plagued with injuries the last two years.

pd1dish
06-14-2012, 06:20 PM
this will never happen because Thibs will never let it happen. hes been quoted as saying that Deng is the glue to the defense.

Da Knicks
06-14-2012, 06:21 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

Da Knicks
06-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Its funny because it doesnt make chicago any better imo, i would love for them to do that trade.

That trade would make chicago the favs in the east actually...

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
That trade would make chicago the favs in the east actually...

sure, are you the guy that said melo was better than jordan or was that someone else?

Sinestro
06-14-2012, 07:17 PM
It would require other pieces being involved

FriedTofuz
06-14-2012, 09:35 PM
loul deng would be worth no more than a first roun lottery pick. Probably not even top 10

BULLSFAN0810
06-14-2012, 11:12 PM
loul deng would be worth no more than a first roun lottery pick. Probably not even top 10

Sorry you are wrong.. Deng as trash as I think he is.. He is an all star, a lottery pick, and still young... Outside of a sure thing like Shaq you'd be dumb NOT to trade your lottery pick for a PROVEN commodity . Come again.

BULLSFAN0810
06-14-2012, 11:14 PM
And I hope we trade him ..Since I came here to this site ,I claimed we should .. Now I hope we do.

Wolfman01
06-15-2012, 12:55 AM
I know that this 2012 NBA draft is strong but the thing that I don't get is why would you trade Luol Deng when your a such a great team already? The Bulls average 40+ wins every year but the Bulls are missing some pieces. I say if you want to trade Luol Deng then at least try to get someone better in return then a prospect. The Bulls will still be a good team but adding a NBA prospect to their team and the Bulls now don't have any other good scorers besides Rose.

Nikeman
06-15-2012, 03:31 AM
If I am Boston, I would jump ALL over this.

I know that Boston doesn't have a top 5 pick, but he would be an amazing fit on that team with Rondo.

That being said, I do not feel he will net a top 5 pick

kozelkid
06-15-2012, 09:24 AM
No GM of a rebuilding team is that stupid to trade for Deng.

I disagree. The problem with too many teams (ala Sacramento or GSW) is that they stockpiled on young players for too long and didn't have veteran leadership. That's where a guy like Deng comes in.

And for the record, if it took Miami 7 games to beat an ailing Boston team with little depth, there is no way they would have beaten a healthy Bulls team. Regardless, not very relevant and I trade Deng for the simple fact that next season is lost anyway since Rose won't be 100% til probably the season after. So might as well get younger.

TheIlladelph16
06-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I disagree. The problem with too many teams (ala Sacramento or GSW) is that they stockpiled on young players for too long and didn't have veteran leadership. That's where a guy like Deng comes in.

And for the record, if it took Miami 7 games to beat an ailing Boston team with little depth, there is no way they would have beaten a healthy Bulls team. Regardless, not very relevant and I trade Deng for the simple fact that next season is lost anyway since Rose won't be 100% til probably the season after. So might as well get younger.

Miami certainly could have and probably would have beaten a healthy Bulls team. They are in the finals tied 1-1.... they are a pretty damn good team. I think Deng fits better on a team that's already a contender or is at least close rather than a young, rebuilding team though. If anyone is dumb enough to trade a top 7 pick for him then the Bulls should jump all over it.

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 10:19 AM

Boston was always a scarier team to miami than chicago. Bulls were not taking more than 2 games off miami.

ThePooH_1_
06-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Boston was always a scarier team to miami than chicago. Bulls were not taking more than 2 games off miami.

:facepalm: Dude is just hating all over the forum.. This year the bulls were the top contender in the east and with a healthy squad who knows what would happend?

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 10:58 AM
:facepalm: Dude is just hating all over the forum.. This year the bulls were the top contender in the east and with a healthy squad who knows what would happend?

Cool story, i would have much rather faces chicago in the ECF than boston. Boston just gives miami so many more problems than chicago.

NYsFinest
06-15-2012, 11:16 AM
If the Nets wanted to give away their pick for a vet, they should have went for Deng. Younger, better and under contract.

mjm07
06-15-2012, 11:29 AM

Probably especially since Bosh was out the first 4, 5 games.

However, a healthy Chicago team against a healthy HEAT squad and Miami will, more often than not, come out on top.

Bulls need more firepower than Deng/Hamilton to aid Rose. Trading Deng will help their cap situation, yes, but would make it worse in beating Miami.

kozelkid
06-15-2012, 11:35 AM
beatnd for the record, if it took Miami 7 games to b homer n ailing Boston team with little depth, there is no way they would have beaten a healthy Bulls team. Regardless, not very relevant and I trade Deng for the simple fact that next season is lost anyway since Rose won't be 100% til probably the season after. So might as well get younger.

Lol, without Bosh Miami loses without question.Take it from Hollinger who has no routing interest.If you actually think Miami could best a healthy Bulls without Bosh then you're a bigger homer than I thought.

justinnum1
06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Lol, without Bosh Miami loses without question.Take it from Hollinger who has no routing interest.If you actually think Miami could best a healthy Bulls without Bosh then you're a bigger homer than I thought.

Like i said, boston is a tougher matchup for miami than chicago

kozelkid
06-15-2012, 11:41 AM

Like i said, boston is a tougher matchup for miami than chicago

When healthy, maybe, I don't know nor care.All I know is that Bosh-less Miami isn't beating Chicago.Especially given that he was the biggest reason Miami beat Chicago.