PDA

View Full Version : Must be tough to be a Seattle Supersonics fan right now

knicks4life33
06-12-2012, 03:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jerry_brewer/06/11/seattle.thunder/index.html?sct=nba_t12_a0

If im a supersonic fan i must be so pissed right now cause this should be my team in the finals.You guys drafted Durant. and had a franchise player and saw him leave and now in the nba finals few years later!!!! That hurts

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2012, 04:01 PM
If I was a Sonics fan, I would still be cheering for the Thunder.

If the Knicks moved to another city, I would still be cheering for them, I would be upset if they moved, but I wouldnt just stop rooting for them.

knicks4life33
06-12-2012, 04:07 PM
ide be pretty furious if my team moved to another city and we drafted a franchise player and year later he moves and they are in the finals 4 years later ! com eon

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, the Sonics did draft Kevin Durant. With Durant being selected by the Sonics and him playing his rookie season as a Seattle Sonic, I think it's fitting if Seattle basketball fans lend their support to KD.

smith&wesson
06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
how often does a player like durant come around ? it is tough no doubt!! you could be waiting 16 years for a franchise player like that like i have been as a raptor fan.

kdspurman
06-12-2012, 04:17 PM
What's funny is no western conf team has won it all outside of Texas/LA since 78-79 when the Sonics did it. Now OKC has a chance to do it

Baller1
06-12-2012, 04:18 PM
**** Howard Schultz.

Klivlend
06-12-2012, 04:26 PM
**** howard schultz.

+1

Wade>You
06-12-2012, 04:28 PM
**** Howard Schultz.+ the majority of the owners and pro-owners side of the lockout.

firm_standing
06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
What's funny is no western conf team has won it all outside of Texas/LA since 78-79 when the Sonics did it. Now OKC has a chance to do it

If that is true, that is crazy. I didn't realize that!

LTBaByyy
06-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Sucks for Sonics fans

OKC will probably build a bigger arena for Thunder and get a NFL team if the Thunder win finals

Ian.
06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
If I was a Sonics fan, I would still be cheering for the Thunder.

If the Knicks moved to another city, I would still be cheering for them, I would be upset if they moved, but I wouldnt just stop rooting for them.

You say that now. Wait until it happens.

You'll change your mind

NoahH
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
**** Howard Schultz.

Ditto.

I'd be on my way to Seattle right now for game one if they were still around! Wearing my Heat jersey obviously :P

king4day
06-12-2012, 05:39 PM
I think it'll be painful if/when the Sonics return. Rebuilding and seeing Durant still in the league would be tough. That said, just having the franchise return and having a new beginning might dilute the pain for a while.

kdspurman
06-12-2012, 05:46 PM
If that is true, that is crazy. I didn't realize that!

It's very true. Lakers, Rockets, Spurs, Mavs only teams to win it all from the West during that span.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

Ryan328
06-13-2012, 02:16 AM
That's crazy. Didn't even realize it

THE MTL
06-13-2012, 02:24 AM

Wow I never even realized that. Well, I guess having three different Laker dynasties in that span kinda backs up that fact lol.

THE MTL
06-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Btw, if I was in Seattle I would still identify myself with the Thunder. I mean it is their team who just moved to another city. Its still their records, history, and players (Collision, Durant).

I dont like how ppl try to consider Thunder a completely new franchise. It is NOT! There was no expansion draft at all!

Dawgpound3
06-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Btw, if I was in Seattle I would still identify myself with the Thunder. I mean it is their team who just moved to another city. Its still their records, history, and players (Collision, Durant).

I dont like how ppl try to consider Thunder a completely new franchise. It is NOT! There was no expansion draft at all!

As a fan of the Cleveland Browns, I can certainly assure you there isn't a worst feeling in the world than losing your hometown town especially when they have been especially have been established there a long time. The Sonics are deep-rooted in Seattle and that's why when they moved, it tore Seattle because Sonics meant a lot to the city of Seattle. So even though the Thunder may have the same players of the now-defunct Sonics,the logo, the history and the records belong to Seattle and the Sonics only.

SonicsComeHome
06-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Believe me when I say Its not easy. But, I am cheering on Durant and im booing Clay Bennett. The worst part about it is that Seattle actually had a basketball market unlike the Bobcats, Hornets & Kings. If OKC wins this year Seattle will have a team in the next 2-3 years

Dawgpound3
06-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Believe me when I say Its not easy. But, I am cheering on Durant and im booing Clay Bennett. The worst part about it is that Seattle actually had a basketball market unlike the Bobcats, Hornets & Kings. If OKC wins this year Seattle will have a team in the next 2-3 years

I agree with this. Seattle will definitely get a new team in the next couple of years. Its bound to happen. Whether they are called the Sonics, that is up in the air.

mjokc
06-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Sorry but Seattle did not draft Durant. Clay Bennet and Sam Presti drafted durant, the same people he is with now. Bennet purchased the team for hundreds of millions and can do what he wants with his property. Get over it, whining about it will not get you a team back. Getting a new arena and not acting as if everyone owe's you stuff for free will help you.

Evolution23
06-13-2012, 06:25 AM
If I was a Sonics fan I would be rooting for the Thunder. That would still be my team, even if they just moved to another location. Easier said than done I suppose. I doubt I could root for the Knicks if they moved to Jersey.

Evolution23
06-13-2012, 06:26 AM

you read my mind.

tmacsc2
06-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Sorry but Seattle did not draft Durant. Clay Bennet and Sam Presti drafted durant, the same people he is with now. Bennet purchased the team for hundreds of millions and can do what he wants with his property. Get over it, whining about it will not get you a team back. Getting a new arena and not acting as if everyone owe's you stuff for free will help you.

what does that have anything to do with Seattle not drafting durant before they moved in 2008, Durant and westbrook were both drafted by seattle (westbrook) never played again in a seattle uni tho......Durant played his rookie year in seattle......

As for people "whining" Its totally justifiable because our team was stolen....go watch SONICSGATE dumbass...... And why did the commish not help out the sonics as he and the league are helping out the Kings and Hornets when(sorry to say this) their fan base is dwindling the seattle sonics were still getting good crowds while winning the division then going 35-47 and then 20-62.... the NBA should have said no you cant take the sonics out of seattle when we have 3 other teams who are hurting for fans and money.....Kings....Hornets....Bobcats.....those three teams could have been moved a helluva lot easier and actually didnt have a great fan base like the sonics do.

PISS OFF HOMO

mjokc
06-13-2012, 06:31 PM
what does that have anything to do with Seattle not drafting durant before they moved in 2008, Durant and westbrook were both drafted by seattle (westbrook) never played again in a seattle uni tho......Durant played his rookie year in seattle......

As for people "whining" Its totally justifiable because our team was stolen....go watch SONICSGATE dumbass...... And why did the commish not help out the sonics as he and the league are helping out the Kings and Hornets when(sorry to say this) their fan base is dwindling the seattle sonics were still getting good crowds while winning the division then going 35-47 and then 20-62.... the NBA should have said no you cant take the sonics out of seattle when we have 3 other teams who are hurting for fans and money.....Kings....Hornets....Bobcats.....those three teams could have been moved a helluva lot easier and actually didnt have a great fan base like the sonics do.

PISS OFF HOMO

The butt hurt is strong within you. I have watched that biased excuse for a film "Sonicsgate" and it was extremely one sided. That's like me telling you to go watch "Loose Change" about 9-11 being an inside job. Just because some butt hurt hippies make a video crying the entire time doesn't make it true. You also failed to understand my point. Seattle didn't draft Durant, Clay Bennet, Sam Presti and the exact same OKC organization is who drafted Durant. Sonics fans thought they could play some mind games with Bennet and squirm their way out of paying up to get that arena fixed and it backfired on them. Get over it and get a life, crying and moaning won't get you a team back. I'm sorry now I have to re-watch my team OKC smash the heat in the NBA finals game 1. :laugh2:

tmacsc2
06-13-2012, 07:01 PM
The butt hurt is strong within you. I have watched that biased excuse for a film "Sonicsgate" and it was extremely one sided. That's like me telling you to go watch "Loose Change" about 9-11 being an inside job. Just because some butt hurt hippies make a video crying the entire time doesn't make it true. You also failed to understand my point. Seattle didn't draft Durant, Clay Bennet, Sam Presti and the exact same OKC organization is who drafted Durant. Sonics fans thought they could play some mind games with Bennet and squirm their way out of paying up to get that arena fixed and it backfired on them. Get over it and get a life, crying and moaning won't get you a team back. I'm sorry now I have to re-watch my team OKC smash the heat in the NBA finals game 1. :laugh2:

It doesnt matter if clay bennet and sam presti drafted him anybody and i mean anybody would have taken him after oden was off the board...it does excuse the fact that he was drafted a SuperSonic...Green and yellow...i dont understand why you are trying to argue that at all.

Its alright man ill be laughing at you when they have to move your home games to another stadium because a tornado will rip the roof off of it.....poor poor place to build anything in tornado alley.

YOUR TEAM.....GTFO.

bmd1101
06-13-2012, 07:06 PM

Lol mind games? Wtf are you talking about? And what is the "free stuff" you talk about in your previous post? You are obviously misinformed or blatantly ignorant for the purpose of trolling. Which is it kid?

mjokc
06-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Lol mind games? Wtf are you talking about? And what is the "free stuff" you talk about in your previous post?

Sigh, a little bit of research goes a long way. Seattle residents voted against any new arena. That was the agreement that Clay and OKC business owners proposed that if they renovated the arena the team would say. Sonics fans said no, we don't want to pay for a new arena but still want to keep the team. In other words, we want to keep this team free. OKC residents agreed to pay taxes in order to get renovations for our arena to bring the team here. Sonics fans gambled and lost. Clay took his property that he legally paid for (The Sonics) to his home city. I don't care about what a group of disgruntled fans have to say in their video. Does Loose Change prove that 9-11 was an inside job?

Rafer17
06-13-2012, 08:42 PM
This is hilarious.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/547318_463678296994033_1012217762_n.jpg

gatkins11
06-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Sucks for Sonics fans

OKC will probably build a bigger arena for Thunder and get a NFL team if the Thunder win finals

There's no way OKC gets an NFL team.

Chucky Woods
06-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Seattle can have the Bucks

Chucky Woods
06-13-2012, 09:14 PM
There's no way OKC gets an NFL team.Its a big enough market, but I agree no way they get one before Las Vegas and Los Angeles

mjokc
06-13-2012, 09:16 PM
There's no way OKC gets an NFL team.

People said the same thing about OKC getting an NBA team. If there is one thing you will learn about OKC quickly is that's it's a total sports town.

mjokc
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Its a big enough market, but I agree no way they get one before Las Vegas and Los Angeles

I actually don't think LA really seems interested in an NFL club, when they had them it just seems like they lose interest quick. I'm sure this is due to the fact that there is so much more to do in LA. I also don't think Vegas would be a good play for a professional team, the players would all turn into chronic gamblers lol. I actually think cities like OKC, Louisville, etc would be perfect for NFL teams, pure sports cities.

Baller1
06-13-2012, 09:23 PM

Seattle didn't draft Durant?

You're a ****ing fool.

mjokc
06-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Seattle didn't draft Durant?

You're a ****ing fool.

No, the city of Seattle did not draft Durant or anybody, Sonics management did. That would be like me saying OKC drafted James Harden. No, Thunder management drafted James Harden. When people get emotionally invested into a franchise as a fan they act like the residents of the city did anything.

Bruno
06-13-2012, 09:26 PM

try again.

Bruno
06-13-2012, 09:27 PM
No, the city of Seattle did not draft Durant or anybody, Sonics management did. That would be like me saying OKC drafted James Harden. No, Thunder management drafted James Harden. When people get emotionally invested into a franchise as a fan they act like the residents of the city did anything.

nice try.

the seattle super-sonics drafted kevin durant.

mjokc
06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
nice try.

With the exact same management team that is currently there, So KD is with the exact same people who drafted him. Bennet / Presti etc.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 09:43 PM
nice try.

Where is KD now and where are the "Sonics"?

Bruno
06-13-2012, 09:51 PM
With the exact same management team that is currently there, So KD is with the exact same people who drafted him. Bennet / Presti etc.

that's all true.

you said seattle didn't draft him, which isn't true.

ChitownBears22
06-13-2012, 09:55 PM
that's all true.

you said seattle didn't draft him, which isn't true.

Whatever makes you feel good inside. Fact is this team was built by the OKC Thunders staff and not Seattle. The team was already on it's way to OKC when the pieces were being collected.

mjokc
06-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Whatever makes you feel good inside. Fact is this team was built by the OKC Thunders staff and not Seattle. The team was already on it's way to OKC when the pieces were being collected.

Exactly, someone else on this board gets it. :clap:

naps
06-13-2012, 10:06 PM
You would think they would support OKC but the only state outside of Florida that supports Heat in these finals is Washington (Heard on ESPN yesterday).

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Well, this is the thing though, if the Sonics get a franchise again, they get there history back.

ink
06-14-2012, 12:53 PM
how often does a player like durant come around ? it is tough no doubt!! you could be waiting 16 years for a franchise player like that like i have been as a raptor fan.

Sad thing is we probably already had our franchise player, and he was no Kevin Durant I'll tell you that.

ink
06-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Well, this is the thing though, if the Sonics get a franchise again, they get there history back.

Partially. The tragedy is they don't get the brilliant team they started in Seattle when they drafted KD. That's a big part of their history too, possibly the best player the franchise ever drafted.

Punk
06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
ESPN ran a poll asking who are you rooting for and only Florida and Washington voted for Miami. I am kinda surprised they hate the Thunder that much.

tht_one_guy
06-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Sucks for Sonics fans

That would be heaven in Oklahoma you people think we get crazy for basketball wait unit they see us over football

Giannis94
06-14-2012, 02:19 PM
see sig

Baller1
06-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Seattle won the lottery that year, Seattle drafted Durant, Seattle had the Rookie of the Year in KD, Seattle traded Ray Allen for Jeff Green, Seattle drafted Jeff Green, Seattle drafted Russell Westbrook.

You people sound ****ing stupid. That's Seattle's roster that is playing in the Finals, they just happen to be playing in OKC.

Giannis94
06-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Seattle won the lottery that year, Seattle drafted Durant, Seattle had the Rookie of the Year in KD, Seattle traded Ray Allen for Jeff Green, Seattle drafted Jeff Green, Seattle drafted Russell Westbrook.

You people sound ****ing stupid. That's Seattle's roster that is playing in the Finals, they just happen to be playing in OKC.

u mad bro?

knicks4life33
06-14-2012, 02:38 PM
hey man i dont blame sonics fans for rooting for the heat and for the posters who said they would still follow there team if they moved to another city lol easier said now then if it ever happined.

knicks4life33
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
The sonics fan had a rally in Seattle with former Allstate there

drew_ellis_23
06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
u mad bro?

I am. What's it to you?

Blazers#1Fan
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
yep!

i live in seattle everybody hates the thunder i think alot of oregon is also going for Miami

im from the northwest and seattle should of never lost the team thats one of the last teams that i thought would of left but theyll be back here between 2014-2016 i got the sonics logo and blazers logo tatted on my forearms

i was raised on the blazers and sonics since i was a kid but portland has always been my team
#1Blazers #2sonics

i want LeBron to get his title

gatkins11
06-14-2012, 10:32 PM

2007? Portland won the lottery that year, obviously their pick didn't turn out as well as KD.

Wolfman01
06-15-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm a huge Supersonic fan and I just love their whole franchise. Love their uniform jersey as well as it's one of the more unique jersey every in the history of the NBA. I'm sure there will be a team in Seattle in the near future.

ccg34
06-15-2012, 05:20 AM
Screw da Thunder. They are a different franchise. Different city, colors, players (beside Durant and collison), and gay owner. Go Heat.