PDA

View Full Version : Would Pat Riley consider...

JasonJohnHorn
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Win or lose, do you think that Pat Riley would consider trading LBJ for Dwight Howard so long as Howard signed an extension? I think with Wade distributing, and Bosh and Howard in the front court and Miller and Battier at SF, the only thing this team would need is a PG to lock in the title for the next couple of seasons. Win or lose this series, I think the holes at center and PG are just too much to overcome to win the title consistently. I believe a trade for Dwight Howard would make this team a dynasty and such a trade would also make Orlando better. The only question is: Would Riley pull the trigger on this deal?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Lebron is the last person Riley should be trading. It should really be Wade who should be traded but because of what he's done, he's the least likely to be traded.

SlimKid
06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
To me, Lebron would be the only one I wouldn't trade..

JasonJohnHorn
06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Lebron is the last person Riley should be trading. It should really be Wade who should be traded but because of what he's done, he's the least likely to be traded.

I agree that it would be better for Miami to trade either Wade of Bosh if they could get away with it, but I don't think Orlando would take anything less than LBJ back in a trade.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Lebron should be untouchable. He is far and away the best player alive IMO

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Definitely not LeBron.

Maybe a Wade and Bosh for Dwight and Anderson type of deal.

LeBron and Dwight together would be amazing.

D12 fan
06-12-2012, 03:39 PM
So Riley is going to trade the best player in the NBA,yeah right.

Lebron is never getting traded,he is the best freaking player alive,why do people keep making these stupid threads.

Mile High Champ
06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Lebron has not even played in one game of this years NBA finals and you create a potential trade LBJ Thread? Get real.

UPRock
06-12-2012, 03:54 PM
No one is going to trade the best player alive.

Chronz
06-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Why trade Bron when no one can top an offer of Bosh or Wade?

Loro2128
06-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Lebron wont be traded and bosh should stay too he is a top pf and is the only true big they have. i think they could get a deal done surrounding Wade for Dwight and they can fill the guard void by free agency for a nash billups kidd terry jameer nelson ray allen jr smith could all be possibilities and Chalmbers is becoming a good guard himself he has come along well this year just needs more consistency night in and night out and cole can grow into a good pg for their future. if they choose to keep the 3 i think they can add a big like chris kaman or another big theat may come available during the off season
not sure how likely it is to happen but never know with riley can he pull a move for Pau or jus use the free agency and get a lineup like
Nash
Wade
LBJ
Bosh
Kaman

Chalmbers
UD
Battier
Cole
and others to fill the bench (Ray Allen)

If wade was traded possible starting 5
Chalmbers
Allen
LBJ
Bosh
Dwight
lol not likely to ever happen but fun to experiment with

Yanks All Day
06-12-2012, 04:32 PM
1) LeBron is the best player on the planet. There is no way to plausibly get equal value for him in a trade.

2) Why, after everything we have seen this year, would you give the keys to Wade as the distributor? He is not the passer/handler LeBron is, nor is he as good defensively.

3) Wade has durability issues. Howard has offensive issues. Bosh sometimes has toughness issues. Lebron is the Heat's cover for most/all of their problems. Taking him away exposes plenty of flaws, such as:

4) Role players are inconsistent, and none of them outside of Chalmers can consistently get their own shot. Miller, Haslem, Anthony, and Battier rely on the wings to drive and kick. If no one can consistently get them the ball in the right spot, what do they become?

5) People talk about "LeBron went to Wade to get a ring." Well, outside of last season with LeBron and his 2 real good years with a motivated Shaq, Wade has NEVER gotten out of the first round in the East. That, to me, says something. Already this post season, he has taken off parts of 2 series and basically all of the Boston series. That's your centerpiece? I question Wade's ability to consistently show up and beat elite defenses a lot more than I do LeBron's.

6) With LeBron being the only player who has shown up big time for Miami the whole season, why are you getting rid of him for a player who just quit on the Magic in a no-pressure situation? LeBron is showing up with all the pressure in the world on him to win. Dwight just had to show up, because no one expected Orlando to go far. And he still quit. No heart or leadership to speak of, no free throw shooting for late in games, and no difinitive post moves to go to carry a team really don't seem like the main guy I want to build around if I'm Miami.

Pat Riley is one of the elite minds in all of basketball. He wouldn't think twice of hanging up the phone immediately if Orlando ever called Miami with that trade offer.

Lakersfan2483
06-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Nope, however a package deal of Bosh and Wade for Howard plus a player to be named would work.

TheGirth
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Nope, however a package deal of Bosh and Wade for Howard plus a player to be named would work.

First of all, I'd like to state that if Orlando traded the best center in the game within their own division, they would be idiots. The same may be said for Miami and Wade considering he and Kobe are battling for the top SG honors.

BUT if the trade were to go down, I think Wade, Bosh, Anthony for Howard, Turkoglu, Davis would work

King41
06-12-2012, 04:52 PM
To me, Lebron would be the only one I wouldn't trade..

agree
the way lebron play no way he gets traded

Dade County
06-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Win or lose, do you think that Pat Riley would consider trading LBJ for Dwight Howard so long as Howard signed an extension? I think with Wade distributing, and Bosh and Howard in the front court and Miller and Battier at SF, the only thing this team would need is a PG to lock in the title for the next couple of seasons. Win or lose this series, I think the holes at center and PG are just too much to overcome to win the title consistently. I believe a trade for Dwight Howard would make this team a dynasty and such a trade would also make Orlando better. The only question is: Would Riley pull the trigger on this deal?

To answer your question about Lbj getting traded for Howard .... No.

Bosh and fillers to Orlando for Howard, thats the best the magic can get from the HEAT.

Lineup for the last five minutes of the game ....

Lbj
Wade
Batiter
Ud
Howard

mjm07
06-12-2012, 05:03 PM
If they win why would they make the trade? Doesn't make sense. Not to mention trading LBJ for D12. I'd rather send Bosh + a pick for D12.

They won't be trading anyone if HEAT win the 'ship.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 04:36 PM

It would be a win win for both franchises for the short term, but if Lebron was traded to Orlando, how long do you really think he would be there?

Vinylman
06-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Why trade Bron when no one can top an offer of Bosh or Wade?

yeah... no one

a follower and a broken down old man...

yep... that is what orlando is looking for

sorry dude... otis smith isn't in orlando anymore or you could probably get it done for Miller and filler

knicks4life33
06-14-2012, 04:48 PM
nope

ManRam
06-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd cream myself if the Heat did that. LeBron on my Magic?!?!? It will never happen. If anything they should look to move Wade.

Missing56&33
06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Lebron is not the problem. Wade is not the problem. Bosh is not the problem. The role players are coming up short....its that simple. Nonetheless they are good enough to make it to back-to-back Finals.

justinnum1
06-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Lebron is not the problem. Wade is not the problem. Bosh is not the problem. The role players are coming up short....its that simple. Nonetheless they are good enough to make it to back-to-back Finals.

actually the problem is the heat rarley play all 48min, and defense has been suspect this playoffs.