PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on ANTONIO BRYANT

bwobster
06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
PC at it again.... This time we bring in AB (no NOT AP)... AB (Antonio Bryant). 31 years old, out of the league for 2 years and a "problem child" when he was in. I understand he had a Pro Bowl season in his first year with the Bucs but one good season out of 8 may not cut it. I know a couple years about we brought in the Mike Williams twins with BMW staying but what do you guys think, worth the shot? I know it doesnt hurt us but hell in my opinion if we were going to do this why not just bring in OchoStinko (NFL ready) or Moss (MUCH MUCH MUCH more upside)?

Burleson81
06-12-2012, 02:59 PM
PC at it again.... This time we bring in AB (no NOT AP)... AB (Antonio Bryant). 31 years old, out of the league for 2 years and a "problem child" when he was in. I understand he had a Pro Bowl season in his first year with the Bucs but one good season out of 8 may not cut it. I know a couple years about we brought in the Mike Williams twins with BMW staying but what do you guys think, worth the shot? I know it doesnt hurt us but hell in my opinion if we were going to do this why not just bring in OchoStinko (NFL ready) or Moss (MUCH MUCH MUCH more upside)?

I thought Moss is with the Niners? Ochocinco reminds too much of TJ Houshmandzadeh.

Bryant is just more competition for the other WR's. We didn't draft any WR's, so this is another way to add to the competition.

ccg34
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm hoping our wr corp goes like this: 1. Rice 2. Baldwin 3. BMW 4. Tate 5. Lockette 6. Obomanu, Butler, or Durham

Im really hoping BMW makes the team. Hasselbeck made him into a good wr. Flynn can probably help him out.

Blazers#1Fan
06-12-2012, 04:30 PM

why not bring in T.O. i'd rather have him then AB ocho or moss hell even over BMW

ccg34
06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I see us having only 6 wide receivers by week 1. Who do you guys think will make the team?

FWBrodie
06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
why not bring in T.O. i'd rather have him then AB ocho or moss hell even over BMW

T.O. was cut by an indoor team a couple weeks ago. Chad Johnson sucks and signed with Hard Knocks... er Miami.

Bryant is getting a tryout. Not a big deal.

FWBrodie
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
My guess:
Rice, Baldwin, Tate, Durham, Rocket, UDFA or FA, if 7 Obo.

NateyB24
06-12-2012, 07:47 PM
^ I would add BMW to that list i realize that he had a down year last year but he was playing with a 2 read QB who i saw miss quite a few times when he got open especially in the red zone.

drew_ellis_23
06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
BMW was playing injured all season too. I think he will bounce back this year.

FWBrodie
06-12-2012, 08:07 PM
^ I would add BMW to that list i realize that he had a down year last year but he was playing with a 2 read QB who i saw miss quite a few times when he got open especially in the red zone.

Mike also dropped a lot of balls and by some accounts got lazy on gameday last season. Not to mention he won't even be able to compete for a job because he has a that broken ankle. Old injured guys seem to get cut unless they're Marcus Trufant.

seasun62
06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
My guess:
Rice, Baldwin, Tate, Durham, Rocket, UDFA or FA, if 7 Obo.

This! No way that BMW and Obamanu are ahead of Durham on depth chart...I could even see him passing Tate.

Seattle4Ever
06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Having this much depth at WR is a really nice problem to have.

bruser23
06-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Mike also dropped a lot of balls and by some accounts got lazy on gameday last season. Not to mention he won't even be able to compete for a job because he has a that broken ankle. Old injured guys seem to get cut unless they're Marcus Trufant.

I agree, BMW looked discouraged throughout the season, I don't know if it was the injury or getting looked off to many times early on in the season, he never got in sync with Jackson. He might get kept around and get a chance to compete, he has been a fan favorite, but that doesn't seem to matter to Pete as it shouldn't.

Blazers#1Fan
06-14-2012, 12:56 AM
T.O. was cut by an indoor team a couple weeks ago. Chad Johnson sucks and signed with Hard Knocks... er Miami.

Bryant is getting a tryout. Not a big deal.

T.O. was cut because he didnt show up to a children's hospital with the team not because he cant play i doubt he cared to go with a minor league team

ccg34
06-15-2012, 02:50 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/15/pete-carroll-thought-antonio-bryant-looked-out-of-shape/

“When we get a chance to see him in really great condition I think he would be a competitive aspect of this thing,” Carroll said. “He’s not there right now though. He’s a ways away and he admits that he has not been working out in the kind of setting that he needs to be at his best, so we’ll see what happens.”- Pete Carroll on Antonio Bryant

FWBrodie
06-15-2012, 03:10 PM
T.O. was cut because he didnt show up to a children's hospital with the team not because he cant play i doubt he cared to go with a minor league team

I think he was 4th on the team in catches and TDs. He also refused to show up for some games that he was contractually obligated to.