PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Olajuwon pulling for Lebron in the finals.

JordansBulls
06-12-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/06/12/12/Olajuwon-rooting-on-LeBron-in-NBA-Finals/landing_heat.html?blockID=744734&feedID=3565

But the Hall of Famer will be paying close attention as Heat forward LeBron James seeks to win his first NBA title in his third Finals appearance.

Olajuwon, a Muslim who splits his time between Jordan and his ranch outside Houston, believes it will happen. That's because Olajuwon is beginning to see the post moves he showed James last summer really paying off.

"If he relaxes and just plays his game, he'll be fine and I think (the Heat) win it," said Olajuwon, who said he has become like a "big brother" to James in the past year.

Olajuwon knows a bit about winning championships. The legendary center led Houston to titles in 1994 and 1995, each time being named Finals MVP.

James, disappointed after his Heat lost the Finals last year to Dallas, sought out Olajuwon to help him with his post moves. The two worked out at Olajuwon's ranch during three-hour sessions over four straight days last August.

In an interview 3 1/2 months ago with FOX Sports Florida, Olajuwon talked about how it still would take some time for James to become fully comfortable with his new moves. After watching James in the playoffs, especially his 45-point, 15-rebound showing in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals against Boston, Olajuwon believes the time has come.

"You look at a lot of the moves, and it was unbelievable to watch," said Olajuwon, speaking Monday by phone from Jordan about having seen that Game 6 last Thursday in the Middle East. "The way they were executed it was a joy to watch because I know that we worked on that, and to see him using it at a most crucial time. He is in a comfort zone, and he is doing it how he is supposed to do it."

After being in Jordan during the winter, Olajuwon returned to Texas, where he was from mid-March until three weeks ago. Before leaving the US, Olajuwon talked on the phone with James.

The discussion came after James had totaled 40 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists in a May 20 win over Indiana that knotted up their East semifinal series at 2-2.

"He seemed very relaxed," Olajuwon said. "He was talking about the position of the team and he was very confident they would get it done. He talked about Chris Bosh (the Heat forward who was out nine games with an abdominal strain but returned for Game 5 against Boston) being out, but he felt that they would get together and get it done. He said it, and he proved it."

Fly
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
who cares?

Dade County
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I would like Bosh to train with Hakeem for like 3months... If Bosh could add just 25% of what Hakeem could do, watch out NOW.

AWC713
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
shows me that all the greats really care about is what each player brings to the game....

people can hate lebron for his ego or his media presence, but not long ago everyone was in love with him on the cavs.

i hope he wins too, just from a player perspective, becasue of what he brings to the game

Htownballa1622
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
My favorite of all time going for my current fav in the league. Cool.

MTar786
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
hakeem is the man!

popo85
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
He also showed Kobe some of those posts moves recently, As mentioned above would like to see James win a ring he's such a talented player who can find so many ways to contribute to a game.

naps
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Someone who knows LeBron personally and who probably understands the fundamentals of the game better anybody is rooting for the best player on the planet. Hmm surprising...may be he's not that dumb, unlike the rest of the America.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Someone who knows LeBron personally and who probably understands the fundamentals of the game better anybody is rooting for the best player on the planet. Hmm surprising...may be he's not that dumb, unlike the rest of the America.

So disliking Lebron is dumb? Who the hell are you to tell the fans who it is smart and dumb to like.

Swashcuff
06-12-2012, 12:27 PM
So disliking Lebron is dumb? Who the hell are you to tell the fans who it is smart and dumb to like.

Honestly to have strong hatred towards someone who doesn't even know you exist is extremely dumb. So those that root for the Heat to fail just because they hate LeBron are really dumb.

bucketss
06-12-2012, 12:27 PM
who cares?

Bucketss <---- this guy, thank you very much.

naps
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM

Disliking is not dumb but hating is. Knicks fans had him on their sigs and avatar before July 8 and now that he didn't pick them he is a bad person all of sudden? Give me a ****ing break!:facepalm:

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I never said strong hatred. I said dislike. I don't know any professional athletes so by default I cannot "hate" them. But I certainly think all the crap Lebron did last year gives the option to dislike. I dislike the way the way he went about doing things, therefore I do not want him to win. Its not blind hatred, he did something I didn't like so I do not want him to win.

smith&wesson
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
love hakeem.. he was the man.

lebron is unstoppable in these playoffs imo.

TheIlladelph16
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
I never said strong hatred. I said dislike. I don't know any professional athletes so by default I cannot "hate" them. But I certainly think all the crap Lebron did last year gives the option to dislike. I dislike the way the way he went about doing things, therefore I do not want him to win. Its not blind hatred, he did something I didn't like so I do not want him to win.

You could, you know, realize people make mistakes and learn to appreciate the player he is.... Pretty sure Lebron will regret how he handled The Decision for the rest of his life. Not that he left, but just how he went about it. Don't you want to see the best player outperform everyone and win on the biggest stage? Any real basketball fan should imo

dee279
06-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Well why dont he go back into his prime years and play Center for the heat? That would make sure Lebron wins.

King41
06-12-2012, 12:55 PM
interesting thing to know

LakersIn5
06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
^unless if he chose the knicks

seriously whats wrong with what he did? he was a free agent, he wanted to raise money for charity and he wanted everyone to know his decision a.s.a.p

whats wrong with that?

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 01:07 PM

You could, you know, realize people make mistakes and learn to appreciate the player he is.... Pretty sure Lebron will regret how he handled The Decision for the rest of his life. Not that he left, but just how he went about it. Don't you want to see the best player outperform everyone and win on the biggest stage? Any real basketball fan should imo

I absolutely appreciate Lebron game. His skills are unmatched and he is far and away the best player in the Nba. As a player, he is a joy to watch. I just don't want the Heat to win. I don't like the way they came together and because of that I would rather they didn't win.

Also by that logic, shouldn't every non OKC fan be rooting for the Heat because their not real basketball fans if they don't?

tcav701
06-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Who is Rick Smits rooting for?

Htownballa1622
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I absolutely appreciate Lebron game. His skills are unmatched and he is far and away the best player in the Nba. As a player, he is a joy to watch. I just don't want the Heat to win. I don't like the way they came together and because of that I would rather they didn't win.

Also by that logic, shouldn't every non OKC fan be rooting for the Heat because their not real basketball fans if they don't?

Do you like the way that the knicks have come together?

give me a break...

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Do you like the way that the knicks have come together?

give me a break...

No. I don't. However, they are my hometown team and i will of course support them no matter what. I understand its all happening to now try and compete with Miami, but I would prefer every team has a chance to win any given year. I hate the idea of super teams, but its what the league is becoming. I like drafting well and building a team that way. Its why I want OKC to win.

Stinkyoutsider
06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Lebron is doing everything he can to win, even train with the best former players around. Who wouldn't want to have a teammate like that?

If I'm the other players on the Heat, I'm asking to see Hakeem too. Or at least spend more time on the court with James so he can tell me what he learned from the Dream. It's all about getting better so you can have a chance to win. The NBA is the most competitive league in the world and someone has to lose. Why does it have to be you (let your opponets feel what it's like to lose by you getting better).

TheIlladelph16
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Not necessarily. I love pretty much everything about Kevin Durant and the Thunder and honestly can't be upset if they win this series. Non-OK fans are free to support any team they want, but no one should be rooting against the Heat because of stuff like The Decision and all that bs. I just don't like when fans hate players for non-basketball reasons and personal decisions they may not agree with.

You don't have to like the situation or Lebron, but every NBA fan should at the very least be pulling for Lebron to go off in the Finals because win or lose it would be a hell of a series if that happens.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Not necessarily. I love pretty much everything about Kevin Durant and the Thunder and honestly can't be upset if they win this series. Non-OK fans are free to support any team they want, but no one should be rooting against the Heat because of stuff like The Decision and all that bs. I just don't like when fans hate players for non-basketball reasons and personal decisions they may not agree with.

You don't have to like the situation or Lebron, but every NBA fan should at the very least be pulling for Lebron to go off in the Finals because win or lose it would be a hell of a series if that happens.

We can just agree to disagree. I understand what you are saying and it definitely holds some merit, I just disagree. I think the 8 championships parade and all the entire entitlement thing is enough of a reason to root against them.

Im not gonna like burn **** or go crazy if Miami wins, I would just rather they not win.

Having said that, 50 point games from Lebron and KD going at it would be unbelievable

Chavacano
06-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Good for him. :clap:

STA_PLAR
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I dont think every Knick fan is dying for LeBron to be unsuccessful. LeBron, Like every other basketball player needs to win the championship FIRST. Every team that has ever won worked hard and is fully deserving of it.

Any true fan of basketball knows that LeBron is the best in the league right now and if he wins we know and see how hard he has worked.

That being said, as a Knick fan, if Lebron wins good for him and I'm glad he will finally prove some of his haters or "dislikers" wrong lol.

The Flash
06-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Dude your team was trying to do the same thing during that 2010 FA. If they all went to ny instead would you feel the same way? Heck 4 or 5 teams had salary cap for two stars and Miami got the best 3. Now nobody likes how they came together... Double standards

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Dude your team was trying to do the same thing during that 2010 FA. If they all went to ny instead would you feel the same way? Heck 4 or 5 teams had salary cap for two stars and Miami got the best 3. Now nobody likes how they came together... Double standards

I would have supported my team, I just prefer it when guys stay with their teams. It makes the game more enjoyable for me. I'm not a Lebron doubter and I wont be proved wrong when he wins. I expect him to win a few a rings, the dude is a monster. I'm just not rooting for the Heat. That's it lol.

Swashcuff
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM

:clap:

/thread

The Flash
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
We can just agree to disagree. I understand what you are saying and it definitely holds some merit, I just disagree. I think the 8 championships parade and all the entire entitlement thing is enough of a reason to root against them.

Im not gonna like burn **** or go crazy if Miami wins, I would just rather they not win.

Having said that, 50 point games from Lebron and KD going at it would be unbelievable

You should dislike Amare instead, though he said he was going hunting for the Heat at the beginning of the season and they almost got swept in the first round. Be mad at them instead of being mad at the heat, at least they put themselves in the position to win it, and for that they should be admired

MadBomber
06-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Lebron is a fantastic player, I'm rooting for the guy. I appreciate what's he's brought to the nba and I can understand how so many people can "hate" on him based on his previous actions, but let's be real...that boy can ball out of his mind.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 02:57 PM

You should dislike Amare instead, though he said he was going hunting for the Heat at the beginning of the season and they almost got swept in the first round. Be mad at them instead of being mad at the heat, at least they put themselves in the position to win it, and for that they should be admired

He didn't guarantee 8 rings and say it was gonna be easy.

Regardless, I'm gonna bow out of this thread as I seemed to have derail it a bit.

Angry Norwegian
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Honestly to have strong hatred towards someone who doesn't even know you exist is extremely dumb. So those that root for the Heat to fail just because they hate LeBron are really dumb.

Hitler doesn't know any of us exist.

mark1125
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Great thread! :rolleyes:

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Why shouldn't he root for him. After all, LeBron went to Hakeem personally for help on his post-game. I think it's a cool thing.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EH56y-g9IE

1:48

Losoway
06-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Im pulling for lebron too!!!!!!! Overcome the haters

Wade>You
06-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Hakeem is the **** and he has helped LBJ and Dwight Howard take their games to new levels.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Hakeem is the **** and he has helped LBJ and Dwight Howard take their games to new levels.

As well as Kobe about 3 yrs ago during the summer time, when Kobe got some of his post moves polished by the great Dream.

Redskins10
06-12-2012, 06:45 PM

Yes, it is dumb.

Anyways, Hakeem's the man. Go LBJ.

Htownballa1622
06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
hakeem <3

naps
06-12-2012, 08:22 PM
No. I don't. However, they are my hometown team and i will of course support them no matter what. I understand its all happening to now try and compete with Miami, but I would prefer every team has a chance to win any given year. I hate the idea of super teams, but its what the league is becoming. I like drafting well and building a team that way. Its why I want OKC to win.

LMFAO! Your team wanted every single player that chose Miami. Your team started making space for them 3 years prior to that free agency. Don't tell me you wouldn't love it if they chose your Knicks, specially when you are rocking that sig of Melo and Amare, one of whom created a yearlong drama and pretty much flirted with three teams for a year asking out without respecting the contract he signed with Denver in the first place.