PDA

View Full Version : Why we should all root for the Heat

Labgrownmangoat
06-12-2012, 09:10 AM
. . .[A]s recently as 2008 the OKC Thunder were the Seattle Supersonics, a team of great tradition, flare and fan support. They were Slick Watts’s headband, Jack Sikma’s perm and Gary Payton’s scowl. They were a beloved team in a basketball town. Then the people of Seattle committed an unpardonable offense in the eyes of David Stern. They loved their team but refused to pay for a new taxpayer funded $300 million arena. Seattle’s citizens voted down referendums, organized meetings and held rallies with the goal of keeping the team housed in a perfectly good building called the KeyArena. Despite a whirlwind of threats, the people of Seattle wouldn’t budge, so Stern made an example of them. Along with Supersonics team owner and Starbucks founder Howard Schultz—who could have paid for his own new arena with latte profits alone—Stern recruited two Oklahoma City–based billionaires, Clay Bennett and Aubrey McClendon, to buy the team and manipulate their forcible extraction from Seattle to OKC.

Stern is a political liberal who has sat on the board of the NAACP. Bennett and McLendon are big Republican moneymen whose hobby is funding anti-gay referendums. Yet these three men are united in their addiction to our tax dollars. In Oklahoma City, where rivers of corporate welfare awaited an NBA franchise, Stern, Bennett and McClendon had found their Shangri-La.

Bennett, Stern and McClendon lied repeatedly that they would make every effort to keep the team in Seattle, McClendon however gave the game away in 2007, when he said to the Oklahoma City Journal Record, “We didn’t buy the team to keep it in Seattle, we hoped to come here…. We started to look around and at that time the Sonics were going through some ownership challenges in Seattle. So Clay, very artfully and skillfully, put himself in the middle of those discussions and to the great amazement and surprise to everyone in Seattle, some rednecks from Oklahoma, which we’ve been called, made off with the team.”

While Bennett said all the right things about keeping the Sonics in Seattle, a team executive dinner on September 9, 2006, tells you all you need to know about the man and his motives. On that fine evening, the Sonics management, all held over from the previous ownership regime, all Pacific Northwesters, gathered in Oklahoma to meet the new boss. Bennett made sure they were sent to a top restaurant, and picked up the bill. As the Seattle execs sat down, four plates of a deep fried appetizer were put on the table. After filling their mouths with the crispy goodness, one asked the waitress what this curious dish with a nutty flavor actually was. It was lamb testicles. Bennett laughed at their discomfort and the message was clear: the Sonics could eat his balls. (See Sonicsgate.com for a full accounting of this theft.)

If the Thunder win the 2012 title, the Clay Bennett/David Stern approach will be lionized throughout pro sports. The theft of the Sonics will be justified and cities involved in stadium negotiations will be threatened with being “the next Seattle” if they don’t acquiesce to the whims of the sporting 1 percent. A championship for the Thunder would be a victory for holding up cities for public money. It would be a victory for ripping out the hearts of loyal sports towns. It would be a victory for greed, collusion and a corporate crime that remains unprosecuted. . .

Link. (http://www.thenation.com/blog/168311/why-we-should-all-root-miami-heat)

I'll never root for a team ownership that deliberately screwed the long-term home of the team. You shouldn't either, or your team may be next, provided your city doesn't bend over and drop their pants for the billionaire owners.

MagicHero3
06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
not kevin durants, westbrooks, ibaka's, or the head coach's responsibility. still rooting for OKC. Its Stern's fault from the little exert I read there... and this gives me no incentive to root FOR the heat, it just makes me hate greedy bastards like Stern

theheatles
06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
LeBron doesn't even post a measure on the Clay Bennett scumbag scale.

If you root against LeBron for being a bad person, then you need to rethink your life.

koetravis
06-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Well that's a dumb reason to not root for the OKC players. They couldn't have done anything differently.

Dade County
06-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I really don't want everyone to start liking the HEAT... the haters need to recognize that they will have to deal with Miami basketball dominance for the next 5 to 7yrs.

And if the league starts up a new franchise, they need to give Seattle back their team, and start up that new franchise in OKC.... End of story.

Give Seattle back their team!!!!!!!!!!!

pebloemer
06-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I find that unless you are a fan of a specific team involved, you mostly are rooting for/against players than you are for/against teams. At least that's the way it is for me.

theheatles
06-12-2012, 09:27 AM
also to note, game 3 lil wayne (black man) was denied courtside seats at OKC, but then game 6 ryan seacrest (white man) was given courtside seats at OKC

KnicksorBust
06-12-2012, 09:28 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/concordias-invisible-us-owner-branded-a-disgrace-6294059.html

Micky Arison, the Heat owner, ran a cruise company that killed 32 people and was called a disgrace for how he handled the situation.

I find it hard to believe any billionaire who owns a sport team is 100% clean.

We can go back and forth on this but at the end of the day the fact is that the overwhelming majority of fans care more about the players than the ownership. OKC's players are younger and more likable than the Heats. Which is why about 2/3 of the nation is rooting for them.

BcEuAbRsS
06-12-2012, 09:39 AM

If you root against LeBron for being a bad person, then you need to rethink your life.

I agree with this... Don't know Lebron, but I'm sure he is a typical rich person that has a bit too much of a sense of entitlement...

That said, nothing Lebron has done in his life suggest that he is a bad or evil person... Lebron is controversial simply because he is great...

MagicHero3
06-12-2012, 09:59 AM
lebron is not "controversial simply because he is great..."
he has the SPOTLIGHT on him bc he is great
and what the spotlight SHOWS is controversy. what it shows, 90% of people DO NOT LIKE.
that aside...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/concordias-invisible-us-owner-branded-a-disgrace-6294059.html

Micky Arison, the Heat owner, ran a cruise company that killed 32 people and was called a disgrace for how he handled the situation.

I find it hard to believe any billionaire who owns a sport team is 100% clean.

We can go back and forth on this but at the end of the day the fact is that the overwhelming majority of fans care more about the players than the ownership. OKC's players are younger and more likable than the Heats. Which is why about 2/3 of the nation is rooting for them.

throw that in the OPs face and close this thread.

Sly Guy
06-12-2012, 10:03 AM
he got them to eat his nuts? wow, that's pretty ballsy.

Jarvo
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't care I just want the Heat to win.

MTar786
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
still rather see lebron lose and possibly even choke too.

one day the nba will see the seatte supersonics again.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 10:29 AM

I'll never root for a team ownership that deliberately screwed the long-term home of the team. You shouldn't either, or your team may be next, provided your city doesn't bend over and drop their pants for the billionaire owners.

using your logic... which is totally ignorant... we shouldn't root for Miami either since the players on that team abandonded their home teams...

As for the Sonics... they didn't pony up on the arena... the owner sold (which is what really put the move in motion) and the new owners moved to a market with an EXISTING premiere arena...

yep... it's a conspiracy

fwiw... key arena is a shithole

kobebabe
06-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Hate Stern then! Durant and company have nothing to do with this.
GO OKC!

BKLYNpigeon
06-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I hope Lebron doesnt win a championship until hes 30. lol.

YashBoone
06-12-2012, 10:47 AM
This article days absolutely nothing about rooting for an actual team.... It's easy to love and root for Durant westbrook harden and the rest....shoul they be penalized because of the mistakes of the owners????

jasondrobinson
06-12-2012, 10:54 AM

I cant speak for most people but i dont dislike lebron because he is a bad person nor do i think he is a bad person, you cant judge him because we dont know him. I just like my stars to be a bit more humbleaka dont call yourself the king, talk in the third person, wear a check my stats shirt, declare that winning up to 7 rings will be easy...etc THAT said he is absolutly killing it this playoffs and as a basketball fan you have to appreciate that. even if i still think he is a dbag

blastmasta26
06-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Most people couldn't care less about ownership when it comes to rooting for a team in the Finals anyway. OKC gets support for its likable players, Miami gets disdain for its relatively unlikable players.

Max.This
06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I really don't want everyone to start liking the HEAT... the haters need to recognize that they will have to deal with Miami basketball dominance for the next 5 to 7yrs.

And if the league starts up a new franchise, they need to give Seattle back their team, and start up that new franchise in OKC.... End of story.

Give Seattle back their team!!!!!!!!!!!

5-7 years? Okc will dominate the next 5. If heat don't win this year it's a wrap. Unless of course they trade wade or bosh then it'll depend on who they jave

ztilzer31
06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Being a hometown Sonics fan I have this to say....

It is not Clay Bennett's fault that the Sonics left Seattle. Clay bennett wanted a team, and was very open with the fact he wanted it to move to OKC. As much as you might hate Clay he has literally 0 TIES TO SEATTLE. He did what was necessary to get a team.

The evil guy in this story is Howard Shultz. He flipped the Sonics for a huge profit. He didn't give a **** about the Sonics, and in his last move to sell them showed that money is everything to Howard Shultz.

Hate on Clay all you want, but he only did what Seattle fans hope someone does for them. Howard is the real enemy. That being said I can't root for OKC. Just like how old school Lakers fans from Minnesota will never find it in them to root for LA.

Lastly this worldwide hate for Lebron thing is stupid. Lebron is a good guy, and he made a mistake. Two years of hatred is punishment enough. You guys can all pretend that you'd rather stay in Cleveland then move to Miami all you want, but I would of made the same decision. How many years of fans complaining about players changing teams to get more money, and now a player changes teams to win chamionships, and everyone is all pissed off.

ztilzer31
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
5-7 years? Okc will dominate the next 5. If heat don't win this year it's a wrap. Unless of course they trade wade or bosh then it'll depend on who they jave

Really? Because I don't know of any team with Lebron on it that wasn't competitive. Ever.

YoungOne
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
that wont make me feel different about the finals.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 11:24 AM

It is not Clay Bennett's fault that the Sonics left Seattle. Clay bennett wanted a team, and was very open with the fact he wanted it to move to OKC. As much as you might hate Clay he has literally 0 TIES TO SEATTLE. He did what was necessary to get a team.

The evil guy in this story is Howard Shultz. He flipped the Sonics for a huge profit. He didn't give a **** about the Sonics, and in his last move to sell them showed that money is everything to Howard Shultz.

Hate on Clay all you want, but he only did what Seattle fans hope someone does for them. Howard is the real enemy. That being said I can't root for OKC. Just like how old school Lakers fans from Minnesota will never find it in them to root for LA.

Lastly this worldwide hate for Lebron thing is stupid. Lebron is a good guy, and he made a mistake. Two years of hatred is punishment enough. You guys can all pretend that you'd rather stay in Cleveland then move to Miami all you want, but I would of made the same decision. How many years of fans complaining about players changing teams to get more money, and now a player changes teams to win chamionships, and everyone is all pissed off.

:clap:

someone who gets it

Max.This
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Really? Because I don't know of any team with Lebron on it that wasn't competitive. Ever.

I didn't say they wouldnt be competitive. I responded to a post that said heat will dominate the next 5-7 years, that is just not happening.

Dade County
06-12-2012, 11:32 AM

I will agree they will dominate the west (unless teams like the clippers "etc" can make moves)

But Miami Will Dominate Finals play :D for the next 5yrs ( maybe 7 was going to far.... my bad)

DaBear
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
What a stupid thread.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I will agree they will dominate the west (unless teams like the clippers "etc" can make moves)

But Miami Will Dominate Finals play :D for the next 5yrs ( maybe 7 was going to far.... my bad)

yep... a team with a 35 year old Dwade will be dominating... :facepalm:

these are the kind of statements that make people hate Heat fans...

Try and win something before prognosticating...

RiLoc
06-12-2012, 11:53 AM
That aspect of the Sonics moving to OKC always bothered me. I enjoy reading Zirin's work, but if you're going to dislike teams on the basis of their owners actions then you're going to have a hard time finding a team to like. That's just the way it is.

Labgrownmangoat
06-12-2012, 11:59 AM
using your logic... which is totally ignorant... we shouldn't root for Miami either since the players on that team abandonded their home teams...

My logic is that it's crap to blackmail a whole city for your own personal financial gain. That it's crap to run a business that depends on welfare from the public. That it's crap to deliberately screw a town for refusing to bow to your blackmail demands. And that it's crap to lie about your intentions in order to do all these things.

As for the Sonics... they didn't pony up on the arena... the owner sold (which is what really put the move in motion) and the new owners moved to a market with an EXISTING premiere arena...

The population of Seattle refused to pay the business expenses of a billionaire. You think that's wrong? Should the public be buying my highly profitable business a new building as well?

yep... it's a conspiracy

Lying, cheating and backstabbing to steal a team may not be a conspiracy, but it's certainly BS behavior and should never be rewarded.

fwiw... key arena is a shithole

FWIW, Key Arena was remodeled just a few years before the billionaires came to town and stole the team.

As for people who recommended against rooting for the team because of the players, this is about the owners. They are the douchebags that screwed the people of the northwest out of their team. They are the ones that will make the real money off the team's success. And they are the ones that least deserve to make a cent for their betrayal, greed, and sleaziness.

sep11ie
06-12-2012, 12:03 PM
also to note, game 3 lil wayne (black man) was denied courtside seats at OKC, but then game 6 ryan seacrest (white man) was given courtside seats at OKC

Do we really wanna play this game?

C_Mund
06-12-2012, 12:04 PM

I'm on board with most of what you said, but not everybody that wants OKC to win is a Lebron-hater.
To be honest I've never been a huge Heat fan. I didn't really like them a ton in the 90's, and after Mourning refused to play for the Raps, forced a buy-out then signed with the Heat and won a chip, I've found that they're an easy team to root against. Team that up with the fact that their fans (PSD notwithstanding) are so fair-weather that there are empty seats in huge games or halfway through the third quarter.... I don't know. I'm over the whole Lebron thing, but the collusion mixed with my previous feelings on the franchise just make it so that I don't want them to win. I'll never undermine their talent, and frankly until 2010 I wanted Lebron to win every year that the Raps **** the bed.

cbreezy34
06-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Im rooting against the Heat because D Wade not Lebron is the fraud. How anyone can root for D Wade is beyond my comprehension. Dude needed Lebron and Bosh to get to the Finals again and he literally cost his team about 10 buckets last series by complaning to the refs and not getting back on D. Go Thunder.

Hellcrooner
06-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Yep thats the reason im rooting against the "zombie Sonics".

Well that and pissing off KObe Fanboys(not that durant starting his ring account at this age wouldnt piss them off too but lebron will piss them more).

Super.
06-12-2012, 12:14 PM
nope

llemon
06-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Sorry........GO THUNDER!!!!!!!

Dade County
06-12-2012, 12:27 PM

So every-time a free agent goes into free agency, that player has abandoned their former team :facepalm:

What's wrong with YOU.

ink
06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Well that's a dumb reason to not root for the OKC players. They couldn't have done anything differently.

This.

I'm not rooting for Clay Bennett, I'm cheering for building a team the way the Thunder did, and for Durant, Collison, Sefalosha, Harden, and Perkins, all players I like.

Dade County
06-12-2012, 12:30 PM

So Pat is not going to add anymore talent :facepalm:

So players that are 35 can perform at a high level :facepalm:

So Lbj and Bosh will magically disappear :facepalm:

So you can admit now that the thought of the HEAT making it to the finals and or winning it all, just makes you wont to go postal :nod:

Don't forget who are GM is.... ok

Try and win something before prognosticating

And it's not up to me to win anything, it's up to the players aka the writers that write the script for this so called competitive sport.

NBA = Entertainment .... Are you not entertained? I am!

Hellcrooner
06-12-2012, 12:31 PM
This.

I'm not rooting for Clay Bennett, I'm cheering for building a team the way the Thunder did, and for Durant, Collison, Sefalosha, Harden, and Perkins, all players I like.

what did they do, have a lot of luck in the draft?

ink
06-12-2012, 12:37 PM
what did they do, have a lot of luck in the draft?

Everyone who does well in the NBA has some luck in the draft. Do you think San Antonio would have become the long-standing powerhouse they are without Tim Duncan?

OKC was also patient, worked a plan, and chose well. I like their players and I like their skills.

ztilzer31
06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I think it's completely fine to want OKC to win, and it's even logical to think they're going to win. Lebron is the best player in the game IMO though, and he's way more humble then ANY OTHER SUPERSTAR in the league. Even Lakers fans have to admit sometimes when Kobe talks you just want to punch him.

DaBear
06-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I think it's completely fine to want OKC to win, and it's even logical to think they're going to win. Lebron is the best player in the game IMO though, and he's way more humble then ANY OTHER SUPERSTAR in the league. Even Lakers fans have to admit sometimes when Kobe talks you just want to punch him.

Derrick Rose says hello

TheIlladelph16
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Try and win something before prognosticating...

The Thunder have accomplished far less than the Heat players have in pretty much every aspect at this point. Titles, playoff success, finals appearances, and personal accolades all favor the Miami Heat.

The Thunder haven't done **** yet other than get to the Finals once. Wait until they actually win something before prognosticating.....

smith&wesson
06-12-2012, 12:46 PM
we dont cheer for owners, we cheer for the team and players. i love the fact that we have a heat and thunder finals. i cant think of 2 more exciting teams to watch go head to head.

i wanted lebron to win anyways. they guy is the best player in the game. i want him to be remembered that way. with out rings he will never be known as one of the all time greats even though he deserves to be recognized as one.

go heat!

AndyfromNeptune
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
What happened in Seattle looks like the fundamental economic system that runs our country...capitalism.

I feel badly that basketball left Seattle but you cannot demonize the Oklahoma City owners for pursuing profits.

Stinkyoutsider
06-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Well, I hate to say it but that's how business is done? The consumers pay the bills and the suppliers give us what we want. It's a shame how buisness (not just sports buisness) is run, but it is what it is (we've accepted it as consumers so the business owners will continue to do it).

I can understand why Seattle fans are angry though. Just because the fans wouldn't pay for the stadium on top of paying for the right to watch the game, Stern finds owners who are tough enough to push through and make things happen in another market (I would be angry if I found out my boss paid for me to eat what those execs ate)...

StinkEye
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Bennett made sure they were sent to a top restaurant, and picked up the bill. As the Seattle execs sat down, four plates of a deep fried appetizer were put on the table. After filling their mouths with the crispy goodness, one asked the waitress what this curious dish with a nutty flavor actually was. It was lamb testicles. Bennett laughed at their discomfort and the message was clear: the Sonics could eat his balls. (See Sonicsgate.com for a full accounting of this theft.)

haha

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
My logic is that it's crap to blackmail a whole city for your own personal financial gain. That it's crap to run a business that depends on welfare from the public. That it's crap to deliberately screw a town for refusing to bow to your blackmail demands. And that it's crap to lie about your intentions in order to do all these things.

The population of Seattle refused to pay the business expenses of a billionaire. You think that's wrong? Should the public be buying my highly profitable business a new building as well?

Lying, cheating and backstabbing to steal a team may not be a conspiracy, but it's certainly BS behavior and should never be rewarded.

FWIW, Key Arena was remodeled just a few years before the billionaires came to town and stole the team.

As for people who recommended against rooting for the team because of the players, this is about the owners. They are the douchebags that screwed the people of the northwest out of their team. They are the ones that will make the real money off the team's success. And they are the ones that least deserve to make a cent for their betrayal, greed, and sleaziness.

You truly are ignorant beyond belief... your inability to understand cause and effect proves you are an irrational hometown lover of the Sonics...

The facts are that the team wanted a new arena... the people of the city and their representatives balked... that was their perogative...

It was also the perogative of the owner to sell the team because he wanted a better returns on his investment... HE SOLD THE TEAM KNOWING IT WOULD GET MOVED. Not to mention that the new owners would not have bought the team unless they thought they could move it.

There is alot of blame to go around on why the Sonics moved but the least of it has to do with the new owners. There are plenty of cities around the country that want teams and are willing to pony up.... teams move all the time because they believe it is favorable for their business... that will never change

Again... your logic is flawed and the facts you pretend to represent are distorted and self serving

C_Mund
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
The Thunder have accomplished far less than the Heat players have in pretty much every aspect at this point. Titles, playoff success, finals appearances, and personal accolades all favor the Miami Heat.

The Thunder haven't done **** yet other than get to the Finals once. Wait until they actually win something before prognosticating.....

There's no sense in arguing semantics like this, I'm pretty sure that Fisher has more playoff success than the Heat put together.
In the end there's no way that somebody else can tell you why you should/should not like or cheer for a team. They can present arguments but you either feel what they're saying or you don't.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
So every-time a free agent goes into free agency, that player has abandoned their former team :facepalm:

What's wrong with YOU.

:facepalm:

Are Miami fans really this dumb? :speechless:

here... let me dumb it down for you... i was purposely using an assinine argument to prove how stupid his argument was...

and if that still doesn't make it clear... no i don't think players that leave are abandoning their former team...

avrpatsfan
06-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm not going to root against Durant, my favorite non-Celtic player, just because the ownership screwed over Seattle. Nice try though.

TheIlladelph16
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
There's no sense in arguing semantics like this, I'm pretty sure that Fisher has more playoff success than the Heat put together.
In the end there's no way that somebody else can tell you why you should/should not like or cheer for a team. They can present arguments but you either feel what they're saying or you don't.

My only point was knocking him for saying the Thunder would dominate the next 5-7 years rather than the Heat (followed by him telling Dade to try and win something first). It was a hypocritical statement.

Obviously you tell anyone why or why they should not support a team. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not when they make contradicting statements. That's when we get to point that out to them :)

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
So Pat is not going to add anymore talent :facepalm:

So players that are 35 can perform at a high level :facepalm:

So Lbj and Bosh will magically disappear :facepalm:

So you can admit now that the thought of the HEAT making it to the finals and or winning it all, just makes you wont to go postal :nod:

Don't forget who are GM is.... ok

And it's not up to me to win anything, it's up to the players aka the writers that write the script for this so called competitive sport.

NBA = Entertainment .... Are you not entertained? I am!

Pat Riley is nothing more than Lakers leftovers... he is like a day old bagel

as far as him getting talent... he had nothing to do with signing the big 3 other than clearing cap space (real tough)

yep... Pat should be Exec of the year... miller, Battier, etc... etc... yep... he is a genius... LMFAO

Enjoy another loss in the finals this year... can't wait for the excuses

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:25 PM

:facepalm:

another short bus rider...

I am not a Thunder fan ... i am a Laker fan ... and my post has nothing to do with the Thunder...

rent a clue

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:27 PM

:facepalm: Bennett is a douche. To say Clay Bennett doesn't deserve any blame is stupid. I know he is from OKC but that doesn't change the fact that he said that he would try his best to keep them in Seattle. He lied to the fans, the city, and the organization. Schultz, Bennett, and Stern are equally to blame. Seattle was screwed as a result of these idiots. I never thought I would say this, but go Heat.

mark1125
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
What a stupid thread.

Agreed. Every thread starter either wants to start a Heat hate thread or a Heat circle jerk. :facepalm:

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
My only point was knocking him for saying the Thunder would dominate the next 5-7 years rather than the Heat (followed by him telling Dade to try and win something first). It was a hypocritical statement.

Obviously you tell anyone why or why they should not support a team. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not when they make contradicting statements. That's when we get to point that out to them :)

Wow... you just make **** up :facepalm:

You need to get your facts straight... i said no such thing...

but again... not surprised at the level of detail by PSD posters

superior
06-12-2012, 01:30 PM

you must be like 12 years old.....youre telling people to "rethink their lives" because they root against a basketball player???.......ok kiddo

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:31 PM
You truly are ignorant beyond belief... your inability to understand cause and effect proves you are an irrational hometown lover of the Sonics...

The facts are that the team wanted a new arena... the people of the city and their representatives balked... that was their perogative...

It was also the perogative of the owner to sell the team because he wanted a better returns on his investment... HE SOLD THE TEAM KNOWING IT WOULD GET MOVED. Not to mention that the new owners would not have bought the team unless they thought they could move it.

There is alot of blame to go around on why the Sonics moved but the least of it has to do with the new owners. There are plenty of cities around the country that want teams and are willing to pony up.... teams move all the time because they believe it is favorable for their business... that will never change

Again... your logic is flawed and the facts you pretend to represent are distorted and self serving

:facepalm: http://www.youtube.com/sonicsgate/ This is the truth. We were robbed. No hate for Oklahoma City the city, but that should be Seattle's team.

TheIlladelph16
06-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow... you just make **** up :facepalm:

You need to get your facts straight... i said no such thing...

but again... not surprised at the level of detail by PSD posters

I apologize Vinylman if I offended you here, I mixed up who actually said what and the quote about OKC was said by Max something. Whoops.

superior
06-12-2012, 01:33 PM
its funny how people are saying the thunder and heat will dominate the league for the next 5 years, when the bulls have won the most games the last 2 seasons and are just as young as both teams

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:34 PM
:facepalm: Bennett is a douche. To say Clay Bennett doesn't deserve any blame is stupid. I know he is from OKC but that doesn't change the fact that he said that he would try his best to keep them in Seattle. He lied to the fans, the city, and the organization. Schultz, Bennett, and Stern are equally to blame. Seattle was screwed as a result of these idiots. I never thought I would say this, but go Heat.

Are you really this naive? seriously? Did you really expect him to keep the team in Seattle? They only bought the team with the intention of moving them...

If the City had stepped up this would not be an issue... the cities inability to understand the competitive enviroment is why the team left let alone was sold

ink
06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
:facepalm: http://www.youtube.com/sonicsgate/ This is the truth. We were robbed. No hate for Oklahoma City the city, but that should be Seattle's team.

I still think of them as the Sonics for that reason. FWIW Michael Heisley lied and screwed over fans in Vancouver in exactly the same way when the Grizzlies moved to Memphis. Bennett just used his template.

ink
06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Are you really this naive? seriously? Did you really expect him to keep the team in Seattle? They only bought the team with the intention of moving them...

If the City had stepped up this would not be an issue... the cities inability to understand the competitive enviroment is why the team left let alone was sold

Please stick to points about the thread topic, not personal comments about other posters. Thanks.

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:42 PM

:facepalm: No, I didn't expect him to keep the team in Seattle. The fact that he claimed he wanted them to stay in Seattle is why I dislike him. He promised Schultz and the city that he would try his best to keep them there, but he did everything he could to move them out. He is a liar and a fraud.

If he came out before he purchased the team and said he will relocate the team, I honestly believe Schultz wouldn't have sold it to him. Schultz was an idiot to really believe that Bennett would try to keep them in Seattle.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM

i don't need to watch some self serving propaganda piece

Again, how were you robbed? Are you saying the owners would not approve the sale if they thought they were gonna move the team :facepalm:

Last time i checked the owners approved the move...

I know you are upset you lost your team but you are blaming the wrong people ... it's simple ... the city didn't support a new arena which ownership wanted and had the leverage to demand... their decisions drove the sale and the subsequent move to OKC... The supersonics leaving seattle was a foregone conclusion whether it was to OKC or timbuktoo

get over it

ink
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
:facepalm: No, I didn't expect him to keep the team in Seattle. The fact that he claimed he wanted them to stay in Seattle is why I dislike him. He promised Schultz and the city that he would try his best to keep them there, but he did everything he could to move them out. He is a liar and a fraud.

If he came out before he purchased the team and said he will relocate the team, I honestly believe Schultz wouldn't have sold it to him. Schultz was an idiot to really believe that Bennett would try to keep them in Seattle.

It's three-way blame to be shared by Bennett, Schultz, and the league for using Seattle as a way to pay back OKC. The fact that it took the league until now to unload NO to a buyer shows how badly the whole thing turned out. Ugly mess.

But, I still cheer for the Sonics ... er, Thunder. :) Fantastic roster.

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:48 PM

Again, how were you robbed? Are you saying the owners would not approve the sale if they thought they were gonna move the team :facepalm:

I know you are upset you lost your team but you are blaming the wrong people ... it's simple ... the city didn't support a new arena which ownership wanted and had the leverage to demand... their decisions drove the sale and the subsequent move to OKC... The supersonics leaving seattle was a foregone conclusion whether it was to OKC or timbuktoo

get over it

:facepalm: Before you say any more ignorant statements watch the movie. It is the truth. Who do you root for? I was a die hard Sonic fan my whole life. To say get over it is stupid. You probably have never have gone through losing a home team.

ink
06-12-2012, 01:49 PM

get over it

At least that's the line the league was selling. The city wasn't going to be manipulated by a sports league and nor should they have been. They have real problems to deal with other than being used by the NBA to move franchises around like chess pieces. Come on, don't fall for the official NBA story at least. lol.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 01:49 PM

Wow... you are totally irrational... supporting Schultz who was the real problem is just baffling... if he felt so strongly about them not moving the team he could have made it a condition of the sale... it is done all the time in businesses...

unfortunately, he didn't give a **** because he liked the offer and was tired of dealing with the Mayor

This is no different than what just happened in Minnesota... if the government hadn't stepped up on a stadium wolfe would have sold the team and they would have been moved... it is simple as that...

MassoDio
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
There is nothing in that article that would make me want the Heat to win over the Thunder. I don't root for the owners of teams. I root for the players.

The players had nothing to do with the team moving.

I don't buy suit jackets with owners' names on the back.

I don't buy dress shoes designed for an owner.

Do I think it was right for Bennett to move the team? No, I think Seattle is one of the best basketball cities there was. The first basketball game I ever saw live was in Phoenix, Suns vs. Sonics.

The Sonics fans deserved better.

But the bottom line is, the NBA is a business, and sometimes business sucks. There are lies told, under-handedness, and downright devious things that go on.

Bennett may be a scumbag for saying some of the things he said to appease the Sonics fans, but in the end, he was doing what was his right to do with the team. And it has worked out marvelously for him. Probably one of the reasons he was a good enough businessman to be in the position to buy a team, is the same shrewdness that he displayed in his handling of the purchase and move of the Sonics franchise.

Again, the Sonics fans deserved better, and I hope they eventually get a team back.

But nothing that the owner did could persuade me to root against players like Durant, Harden, and Ibaka, that I thoroughly enjoy watching play the game of basketball.

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
It's three-way blame to be shared by Bennett, Schultz, and the league for using Seattle as a way to pay back OKC. The fact that it took the league until now to unload NO to a buyer shows how badly the whole thing turned out. Ugly mess.

But, I still cheer for the Sonics ... er, Thunder. :) Fantastic roster.

True. You know the truth. I'm not saying hate the Thunder. I'm saying I am rooting for the Heat because of how we were shafted. KD is the man, but I can't root for that team. I just can't.

ink
06-12-2012, 01:51 PM
:facepalm: Before you say any more ignorant statements watch the movie. It is the truth. Who do you root for? I was a die hard Sonic fan my whole life. To say get over it is stupid. You probably have never have gone through losing a home team.

The Sonics had decades of tradition and success. To say "get over it" is ridiculous IMO. I still think the league will find a way to get a franchise back to Seattle but it won't be the roster (OKC) that they built. It will be like Baltimore getting the Ravens when they should have gotten the Colts back.

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow... you are totally irrational... supporting Schultz who was the real problem is just baffling... if he felt so strongly about them not moving the team he could have made it a condition of the sale... it is done all the time in businesses...

unfortunately, he didn't give a **** because he liked the offer and was tired of dealing with the Mayor

This is no different than what just happened in Minnesota... if the government hadn't stepped up on a stadium wolfe would have sold the team and they would have been moved... it is simple as that...

:facepalm: I never said I supported Schultz. He is equally to blame along with Bennett and Stern. You sir are an idiot. Look at my previous posts.

Vinylman
At least that's the line the league was selling. The city wasn't going to be manipulated by a sports league and nor should they have been. They have real problems to deal with other than being used by the NBA to move franchises around like chess pieces. Come on, don't fall for the official NBA story at least. lol.

how is it a line... the hometown owner didn't get what he wanted from the Mayor... how is that the NBA?

People can argue semantics all they want but Schultz decided to sell the team when he didn't get what he wanted... it is that simple

ink
True. You know the truth. I'm not saying hate the Thunder. I'm saying I am rooting for the Heat because of how we were shafted. KD is the man, but I can't root for that team. I just can't.

I can totally understand that. I saw KD play in a Sonics uniform 3 times and I still think of him as a Sonic. But I can understand how choked you would be. I had the same feeling about Memphis and the Grizzlies had no history whatsoever.

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
how is it a line... the hometown owner didn't get what he wanted from the Mayor... how is that the NBA?

People can argue semantics all they want but Schultz decided to sell the team when he didn't get what he wanted... it is that simple

:facepalm: X 1000

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I can totally understand that. I saw KD play in a Sonics uniform 3 times and I still think of him as a Sonic. But I can understand how choked you would be. I had the same feeling about Memphis and the Grizzlies had no history whatsoever.

Vinylman just doesn't get it. He is probably from OKC reaping the benefits of a stolen team.

ink
06-12-2012, 01:57 PM

They always blame the city or the fans when they move teams. It rarely proves to have been that simplistic. The plan was to move the Sonics to OKC to repay them for hosting NO after Katrina. The city was given an ultimatum by Schultz that he'd move the team if he didn't get a sweetheart deal of an arena. There's no way he did that without the involvement of the league. It's not as cut and dried as you're trying to make it, and Sonics fans have it right: they were shafted. The thing I hate about it is the tradition and history of the Sonics that was lost in all this, not to mention that Seattle fans suffered through the rebuild years without ever getting a chance to enjoy the outcome, which is brilliant.

ccg34
06-12-2012, 01:59 PM
They always blame the city or the fans when they move teams. It rarely proves to have been that simplistic. The plan was to move the Sonics to OKC to repay them for hosting NO after Katrina. The city was given an ultimatum by Schultz that he'd move the team if he didn't get a sweetheart deal of an arena. There's no way he did that without the involvement of the league. It's not as cut and dried as you're trying to make it, and Sonics fans have it right: they were shafted. The thing I hate about it is the tradition and history of the Sonics that was lost in all this, not to mention that Seattle fans suffered through the rebuild years without ever getting a chance to enjoy the outcome, which is brilliant.

:clap: This

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 02:00 PM

i can agree with the bolded but the rest is just self serving propaganda

If the city wanted them to stay they could have done whatever it took... it is that simple

You also proved my point by saying schultz gave the ultimatum

Kobe2324
06-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Great Article but...Not a chance I am cheering for Lebron after all the crap he put cleveland through and all the guarantees of 7+ championships, I am looking for ward to a good laugh when the are eliminated in the finals again, this will be a short series, entertaining, but short! 5 games OKC wins...

Getting UGGLA
06-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Thunder in 5. And then FIIIIIINALLY, FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY, the bandwagon from h3ll can shutdown and shutup for a few months. The fans are as obnoxious as the players (3 AmEGOs), and that's saying a ton. At least Durant acts with humility and is a likeable person. The Heat are me me me morons.

ink
06-12-2012, 02:04 PM
i can agree with the bolded but the rest is just self serving propaganda

If the city wanted them to stay they could have done whatever it took... it is that simple

You also proved my point by saying schultz gave the ultimatum

How is it self-serving propaganda? I don't have any stake in this. :confused: I followed the story closely and this is how things unfolded.

tp13baby
06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
As a Nuggets fan im rooting for the Heat. I want Lebron to win it. im sick of everyone hating on the best player in the game. I think he shows up this series and they win in 5.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
How is it self-serving propaganda? I don't have any stake in this. :confused: I followed the story closely and this is how things unfolded.

omg :facepalm:

self serving SEATTLE FANS propaganda

You stated yourself that Schultz gave the ultimatum... everything after that point was a fait accompli

ink
06-12-2012, 02:16 PM
omg :facepalm:

self serving SEATTLE FANS propaganda

You stated yourself that Schultz gave the ultimatum... everything after that point was a fait accompli

I'm not a Seattle fan, I just admire their team, and I consider OKC to be their team because they basically built it.

It doesn't really matter what order or who did what in this fiasco. The move sucked and it was shady, manipulated by the league to pay back a debt to OKC. It's great that they honoured OKC but not at the expense of another city, especially one with such a proud tradition as Seattle had.

STA_PLAR
06-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Please move this post to a CNN forum, we are fans of basketball lol.

JordansBulls
06-12-2012, 02:22 PM
This.

Also getting better together over time.

ink
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Also getting better together over time.

Exactly, that's the main reason I like them. There's some real growth happening with this team. It was built well, and Sam Presti is a protege of the Spurs organization, which I also admire. I may not like the way the team was moved, but I have nothing but positives about the way the team is growing as a contender.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Exactly, that's the main reason I like them. There's some real growth happening with this team. It was built well, and Sam Presti is a protege of the Spurs organization, which I also admire. I may not like the way the team was moved, but I have nothing but positives about the way the team is growing as a contender.

and why the premise of the thread is a massive

FAIL

ink
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
and why the premise of the thread is a massive

FAIL

It's a forum man.

Personally I think it's a great thing to hear from Sonics fans about the Thunder, and I can understand why there's still anger. I can still cheer for them because I didn't get personally ripped off the way they did. You have to honour that.

Hardly a fail to talk about issues like that.

topdog
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Those racist Oklahomos! :facepalm:

Lil' Wayne sounded like a douche crying about "not being let in" when the reality was that he could have gotten a seat just not courtside (why should he get to take someone's seat away) and not with security. I haven't found anything about Seacrest showing up to the arena and demanding a courtside seat. Heck, the seat he got just might have been one they opened up as a gesture to Wayne who no longer feels "welcome."

BklynKnicks3
06-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I dont get how some1 who knows basketball can give lebron the same credit for a ring as previous legends the guy has wade and joined him like a coward n wasnt drafted into the situation. Wade is the 3rd best sg of all time and demands double teams so the so called best player in the league gets to go One on one 80% of the time and still hides in crunch time. Its a disgrace lebron should want to go at wades neck not join him people make me sick.

MadBomber
06-12-2012, 02:52 PM
those racist oklahomos! :facepalm:

Lil' wayne sounded like a douche crying about "not being let in" when the reality was that he could have gotten a seat just not courtside (why should he get to take someone's seat away) and not with security. I haven't found anything about seacrest showing up to the arena and demanding a courtside seat. Heck, the seat he got just might have been one they opened up as a gesture to wayne who no longer feels "welcome."

+1

utl768
06-12-2012, 03:26 PM
blaming seattle is stupid for losing the sonics

why should the residents pay for a new arena while the owners sit on millions

publicly funded arenas are one the biggest scams in american economic history

smith&wesson
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM

but isnt the article more about the way the team was moved then the way the team was constructed ?

personally i agree with you. the way this team was built and grew together was amazing. but i think the op's point was the way seatle lost their team. its not crazy to think the same team could have be constructed in seatle. if im not mistaken durant was selected by the supersonics right ?

smith&wesson
06-12-2012, 03:30 PM

I agree.

JasonJohnHorn
06-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah... I still hate Miami more. I mean, OKC was a very supportive basketball city when the Hornets had to re-locate there and OKC business men wanted to bring basketball to their city and found a way to do it. I don't see anything wrong with that (though I do disagree with their politcs and don't think Stern did as much for Seattle as he did for New Orleans, but that is another story).

That said, as much as i hate the way Miami built their team (a hired guns approach vs. the traditional building through the draft and trades), I will be happy for both Bosh and LBJ if they win. They deserve a title. They work hard. But I'm still rooting for OKC because I hate Miami as a team and think the way they've gone about building a team is bad for the NBA.

NYMetropolitans
06-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't root for ownership...what they did to Seattle was cruel...but it doesn't matter in regards to the players/coaches/fans of OKC.

Also...anyone remember what LeBron did to Cleveland? Come on this thread is ridiculous.

ThunderousDemon
06-12-2012, 03:49 PM

I agree

utl768
06-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't root for ownership...what they did to Seattle was cruel...but it doesn't matter in regards to the players/coaches/fans of OKC.

Also...anyone remember what LeBron did to Cleveland? Come on this thread is ridiculous.

he played 7 years earned his right to free agency and then left

he owed cleveland nothing

if he sucked you think they would have kept him on the roster out of loyalty?

Wade>You
06-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Regardless of who you root for, the pro-owners side in the lockout should bow their heads in SHAME for supporting these pigs.

NYMetropolitans
06-12-2012, 03:54 PM
he played 7 years earned his right to free agency and then left

he owed cleveland nothing

if he sucked you think they would have kept him on the roster out of loyalty?

The Decision. The celebration afterwards. Not 5 Not 6 Not 7 Not 8...shall I go on? Some people tend to forget quickly. I don't.

I give him respect for how he's handled himself the past 2 games (PAST 2 GAMES!) of the EC Finals...he has a lot left to prove in my mind.

ztilzer31
06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Every great team has multiple great players.

So Dwayne Wade and Lebron James were friends before this as well, and had been friends since they'd been drafted. You're telling me that if one of your buddies played in Miami while you played in Cleveland, you wouldn't think about going there? Especially in an organization that hadn't had one quality draft pick since they drafted you? Cleveland was a bad organization carried by Lebron. I feel bad for their fans losing their hero, but I don't blame Lebron leaving a poorly ran organization.

Like I said before the argument that you don't like Lebron because he went to a team to win a championship is stupid. People complain too much about teams going places for the money. Now a player gets out of his crap organization to win a title and everyone is mad?

If you're from Cleveland then I can understand you being mad, but if not stfu. That stupid speech he made 2 years ago is done and over with. He's a good guy and a great player. Stop hating Lebron for something that happend 2 years ago.

P.S. The Cavs still suck without Lebron.

NYMetropolitans
06-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Every great team has multiple great players.

So Dwayne Wade and Lebron James were friends before this as well, and had been friends since they'd been drafted. You're telling me that if one of your buddies played in Miami while you played in Cleveland, you wouldn't think about going there? Especially in an organization that hadn't had one quality draft pick since they drafted you? Cleveland was a bad organization carried by Lebron. I feel bad for their fans losing their hero, but I don't blame Lebron leaving a poorly ran organization.

Like I said before the argument that you don't like Lebron because he went to a team to win a championship is stupid. People complain too much about teams going places for the money. Now a player gets out of his crap organization to win a title and everyone is mad?

If you're from Cleveland then I can understand you being mad, but if not stfu. That stupid speech he made 2 years ago is done and over with. He's a good guy and a great player. Stop hating Lebron for something that happend 2 years ago.

P.S. The Cavs still suck without Lebron.

No it's done and over with because he made a fool of himself all of last year too. People have their reasons to hate LeBron and they are more than justified. He has his chance at redemption but he has a lot to prove. He has to earn the people's respect, if that even matters to him...if not? Whatever that's fine but I'll continue to hate him.

Blazers#1Fan
06-12-2012, 04:17 PM
******* Clay Bennett and david stern nobody has seen the movie on the move or what

it should be the sonics vs the heat except half the nation is to dumb to know what went on but being from the northwest we seen heard watched everything and the tax payers didnt say no the mayor did look how much we are about to pay for a new arena! we also have a new mayor

Blazers fans and sonics fans have a big Love/Hate rivalry but OKC and POR isnt a rivalry not even near each other

Industry
06-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Interesting bit of information, but not enough to make me want to cheer against a team in this particular situation...

JerseyPalahniuk
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
No it's done and over with because he made a fool of himself all of last year too. People have their reasons to hate LeBron and they are more than justified. He has his chance at redemption but he has a lot to prove. He has to earn the people's respect, if that even matters to him...if not? Whatever that's fine but I'll continue to hate him.

Are you kidding me? What has he done to deserve that strong of a word? We have athletes that have been accused of sexual harassment, fired gunshots, been in physical alternations with FANS and you hate a guy for saying he's gonna win 7 rings? Kevin Garnett called Charlie V a cancer patient, said happy mother's day to Tim Duncan during an NBA game (fully aware his mother had passed away) and people on this site continue to hate Lebron of all people the most? If Jordan/Isiah Thomas/other players from the 80s and 90s had played in this Internet age of constant exposure to every word said they would be much more hated than Lebron.

IBleedPurple
06-12-2012, 05:09 PM

So you'll root for a team that has fringe fans and built a superteam, further diminishing the spread of talent in the league?

KingsMadness44
06-12-2012, 06:23 PM

you're ignorant for throwing the race card. Ryan Seacrest BOUGHT his ticket Lil Wayne did not buy a ticket.

He just thought that because he's Lil Wayne and he is allowed to do whatever he wants.....:punish:

NYMetropolitans
06-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Are you kidding me? What has he done to deserve that strong of a word? We have athletes that have been accused of sexual harassment, fired gunshots, been in physical alternations with FANS and you hate a guy for saying he's gonna win 7 rings? Kevin Garnett called Charlie V a cancer patient, said happy mother's day to Tim Duncan during an NBA game (fully aware his mother had passed away) and people on this site continue to hate Lebron of all people the most? If Jordan/Isiah Thomas/other players from the 80s and 90s had played in this Internet age of constant exposure to every word said they would be much more hated than Lebron.

I hate KG too so there. Geez don't take it so personal I don't hate you...yet ;). Totally kidding...but it's just sport hate man...I don't actually hate LeBron James the individual, because honestly I don't know him...but I do hate LeBron James the Miami Heat player...and that's ok...it's all part of the fun and games of being a sports fan...you have bitter enemies...it's when people started being so sensitive and LeBron (who craves for people to love him, no matter what he says I know it) and twitter (which I hate because it shows how dumb athletes can really be aka Rashard Mendenhall) that people have gone crazy. Let's all be friends! Let's not. I'll be bitter forever that LeBron basically j***ed NY off and then chose to go to South Beach. Gave me the worst case of blue balls. I'll be bitter forever in the manner that he did it...and I'll be bitter forever that he robbed us of a potential legend...I believe LeBron def. has the chance to be one of the greatest ever...but not legend status...if he would of won one or two in Cleveland he would of been a legend in my eyes...but to partner up with his buddies and make a fool of himself like that I'll never forget that...it just rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

NYMetropolitans
06-12-2012, 06:46 PM
So you'll root for a team that has fringe fans and built a superteam, further diminishing the spread of talent in the league?

The fans...oh the fans are almost the worst part. Almost. Not criticizing real Heat fans on this site no way...but I know people personally that are the worst front-runner ****riders there are. It's so infuriating and annoying.

69centers
06-12-2012, 07:27 PM

You shouldn't try to inflict your personal hatred for something onto everyone else. The players on the team have fans who enjoy watching them play, regardless of the history of the franchise. OK, we get it. Seattle Sonics fans are pissed. But, do not try to instill your hatred for the team onto others. It isn't fair to current OKC fans or players.

Exactly

Jint.
06-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I poo poo the Heat

LA_Raiders
06-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Cant wait to see LeFlop choking... OKC in 6

kubernetes
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on PSD.

Apparently we can only root for teams with angels for owners.

Never mind cities, or players, or anything like that. No. Let's everyone draft up "Moral Ownership" portfolios for your favorite teams. Then we can determine who is actually worthy of our fandom.

(the history of professional sports franchises is pretty rife with bad dealings. it's not illegal. it's just business, and business is no game for angels)

Monta is beast
06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
No cause if the Heat win everyone will try and acquire a big three, which will ruin the NBA.

fishedz
06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I love PSD...simply for reading the most ******** threads based on ridiculousness... No...I will not root for Lebron. I will join the likes of MJ, Magic, and Bird...and choose nto to root for a sell out.

Go Durant...a true class player.

Monta is beast
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
^That

SportsAndrew25
06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
I really do not care about the OKC/Supersonics thing, but I totally want the Heat to win this year.

FlashMacker
06-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Seattle had my favorite court. Maybe I just like green and yellow a lot lol because in baseball I love the Athletics jerseys.

psperry34116
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
****ed up

sunsfan23
06-12-2012, 08:17 PM

For the most part, I agree. The only problem is, they are playing the Heat-my least favorite team in the league. Can't bring myself to do it.