PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats Final 3 Candidates For Coach: Jerry Sloan, Brian Shaw, Quin Snyder

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8039897/sources-jerry-sloan-brian-shaw-quin-snyder-finalists-charlotte-bobcats-coaching-job

The Charlotte Bobcats have narrowed their list of head coaching candidates to Jerry Sloan, Brian Shaw and Quin Snyder, according to league sources.

After going through an initial interview with Charlotte executives Rod Higgins and Rich Cho, each of the three candidates will meet with Bobcats owner Michael Jordan within the next week or so.

Sloan, who was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009, is the only candidate with prior head coaching experience. The 70-year-old Sloan, who resigned abruptly during his 23rd season with the Utah Jazz last year, is eager to return to the sidelines and regards the Bobcats' job as a great opportunity to teach young players, according to sources.

Sloan led the Jazz to two NBA Finals appearances but lost both times to Jordan's Chicago Bulls.

Shaw, an assistant with the Indiana Pacers, is perhaps the most highly coveted assistant coach in the league. He is also a top candidate for the Orlando Magic coaching job. Snyder is an assistant with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Sloan, Shaw and Snyder were chosen from a field of interviewees that included Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing, former Portland coach Nate McMillan, Golden State assistant Michael Malone, Cleveland assistant Nate Tibbetts, Charlotte assistant Stephen Silas, Memphis assistant Dave Joerger and St. John's University assistant Mike Dunlap.

D12 fan
06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Sloan would be a great hire,they need a major upgrade and Sloan is a Hall of Fame coach.

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Woj jokingly said that Spo could be a candidate for the Bobcats. I think he'd be a good fit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as-lebron-james-experiment-teeters-on-collapse--erik-spoelstra-reveals-heat-s-softness.html
(Spo) had to know that he possibly coached his final game at AmericanAirlines Arena with this startling 94-90 Game 5 loss, that losing in the conference finals would leave him with nothing but a notebook of cool Doc Rivers plays to bring with him to Charlotte.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Yolo

Cano-Montero...
06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
they end up with B shaw..

KobeOwnSU
06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Go with Shaw Charlotte.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I hope Snyder gets the job just so that's 1 less inept coach on the Lakers bench. And I think Shaw gets the Orlando job.

The odd man out will be the 70 yr old Sloan. He really has nothing more to prove, he should just be known as a Jazz coach. I hope he retires. It's just not the same on the sidelines for another team.

black1605
06-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Sloan please. I could live with Shaw, just not Snyder.

D12 fan
06-11-2012, 10:12 PM
they end up with B shaw..

Shaw will end up in Orlando.

Forever35
06-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Sloan deserves better than Charlotte... Snyder has always been a snake to me since his days at Mizzou... Give Shaw the nod MJ...

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
They should have a look at Mike Brown when Kobe eventually has him fired. He's a good coach, he got LeBron to the Finals with far less talent than Kobe had, it's just that he never had to deal with a head case like Kobe, so they got eliminated in the WSF instead.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
They should have a look at Mike Brown when Kobe eventually has him fired. He's a good coach, he got LeBron to the Finals with far less talent than Kobe had, it's just that he never had to deal with a head case like Kobe, so they got eliminated in the WSF instead.

rigged.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Sloan should go to a team that is a contender. I thought the Knicks would have been perfect for him.

lakers4sho
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM

Lol

TrueFan420
06-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Sloan deserves better than Charlotte... Snyder has always been a snake to me since his days at Mizzou... Give Shaw the nod MJ...

Sloan does but keep in mind that's where he wants to go

LAKERMANIA
06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Shaw will run the triangle, I dont think the triangle will fit on that Bobcats team..

They should hire Sloan from those choices.. Even though Shaw and Snyder have longevity..

Missing56&33
06-14-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't think Sloan would be a good fit for the Bobcats. Sloan is a tough old school HC that hold players accountable. Those guys in Charlotte will not listen to him. I think Shaw may be a better choice at this particular time.