PDA

View Full Version : Cavs offered N.O the #4 #24 #33 and #34 pick for the #1 pick

spreadeagle
06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Franchise anchor players only come through the draft every few years, guys that you can build around for a decade or more. Providing you donít run them off.

Thatís something Cleveland knows all to well.

Which is why they should know New Orleans were never going to trade the No. 1 overall pick and the rights to Anthony Davis. But it never hurts to ask, right? From Chad Ford at ESPN.

Sources say the Cavs offered (the Hornets the) No. 4, No. 24, No. 33 and No. 34 for No. 1. And sources said the Cavs got a firm and quick ďNo!Ē

Hey, Dan Gilbert ó good job, good effort.

No way that is good enough. This is not the NFL draft where you have to have 50 guys around, you play 9 most nights. Which means that in five years odds say at least two of the three guys picked at 24, 33 and 34 will be out of the league. Itís the cold hard truth. You donít trade a franchise changing player for that.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/11/report-cavaliers-tried-to-trade-for-no-1-pick-thats-a-no/

thekmp211
06-11-2012, 04:58 PM
i mean kyrie plus davis is pretty much a wrap so i understand.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I would've traded all of those picks w/ Tristen Thompson, and probably take some bad contracts like Ariza and Okafor off their hands with #1 pick Anthony Davis. Maybe give NOH some expirings.

*Silver&Black*
06-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Should of offered next year's pick too (if they have one?). Why not? Kyrie and Davis.

TylerSL
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Should of offered next year's pick too (if they have one?). Why not? Kyrie and Davis.

you cant offer 2 first round picks in back to back years I dont think.

RaiderKid318
06-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Lol damn

yaswaggin
06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Damn i would take that deal.

Anthony Davis isn't a Lebron, once in a lifetime talent

NYYCowboys
06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Damn i would take that deal.

Anthony Davis isn't a Lebron, once in a lifetime talent

Yeah I agree. He's going to be a good player, but people are overrating him a lot. He's gonna get toyed with early on by more physical players if he doesn't add some weight. I can see him becoming a Marcus Camby type player, which is awesome, but he's not Bill Russell or anywhere close.

bigsams50
06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Davis will play the 4 in the League right?

*Superman*
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
It is would be a steal for the Cavs. Don't see NO doing it. Basically 1 for 4, and 24.

33 and 34 aren't that important (IMO)

sixer04fan
06-11-2012, 05:48 PM
So... Basically they rejected the #4 pick and a bunch of slop? No surprise here...

uprightciti
that is so freakin stupid

do the #4, #24 and varajo for the #2 and bismack

king4day
I would've traded all of those picks w/ Tristen Thompson, and probably take some bad contracts like Ariza and Okafor off their hands with #1 pick Anthony Davis. Maybe give NOH some expirings.

This was my thought as well. Add TT to the deal and take one or both bad contracts in return. In that case, it's not a horrible offer. Especailly if Davis is a flop.

But in all reality, you can't trade someone like that knowing he could be a future Hall of Famer.

black1605
06-11-2012, 05:49 PM

That's beyond awful.

king4day
06-11-2012, 05:51 PM

That's a bit much to move back two spots and dump a potential future DPOY. Doesn't Varejao expire soon anyway.

macc
06-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I could be alone in this, and maybe I have this opinion because I don't watch a lot of college ball but I just don't see what's so special about this guy. He looks like he'll be a defensive stud but I don't see where he's a franchise player. If the Cav's really offered their entire draft for him I would of taken it. You can still get a great player with the 4th pic and a good value at the 24 and 33 spots. I'm suprised it wasn't accepted if that was the case.

black1605
06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
I could be alone in this, and maybe I have this opinion because I don't watch a lot of college ball but I just don't see what's so special about this guy. He looks like he'll be a defensive stud but I don't see where he's a franchise player. If the Cav's really offered their entire draft for him I would of taken it. You can still get a great player with the 4th pic and a good value at the 24 and 33 spots. I'm suprised it wasn't accepted if that was the case.

There's your answer.

macc
06-11-2012, 06:05 PM
There's your answer.

Well he doesn't really score all that much in College, so I don't expect him to turn into an offensive stud in the NBA.

I think a Marcus Camby comparison would be legit. I just don't see him as a franchise player. I guess we'll see.

rocket
06-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Bobcats should have done it, they will still suck major *** if they only have Davis

black1605
06-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Bobcats should have done it, they will still suck major *** if they only have Davis

Hornets.

chomaru
06-11-2012, 06:18 PM
DG must have hit his head and thought he was running an NFL franchise....

Think of the trade like this Tyreke Evans, Byron Mullens, Dante Cunningham and Sergio Llull for Blake Griffin.

black1605
06-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Well he doesn't really score all that much in College, so I don't expect him to turn into an offensive stud in the NBA.

I think a Marcus Camby comparison would be legit. I just don't see him as a franchise player. I guess we'll see.

He's a much better rebounder than Camby was coming into the league, he's a much better defensive player than Camby was coming into the league, he was the leading scorer on a loaded National Championship team. Incredibly efficient scorer, makes his free throws, has decent range, and great hands.

He's going to be a monster in the NBA.

nolafan33
06-11-2012, 06:39 PM

He scored 14.2 ppg on 62.3% shooting as a freshman. No other big man has done that in their freshman years, especially in the SEC. Shaq averaged 13.9 ppg on 57.3% shooting as a freshman, Duncan averaged 9.8 ppg on 54.5% shooting, Hakeen averaged 8.3 ppg on 60.7% shooting, Ewing averaged 12.7 ppg on 63.1% shooting, David Robinson averaged 7.6 ppg on 62.3% shooting. Point being, Davis was a freshman and only 19, he's still going to grow. Just like those guys mentioned above did. Just at the end of the year you started to see his perimeter game.

Even Coach Cal has stated that we didn't see a large part of Davis's game at Kentucky. We're talking about a guy that was being recruited as a 6'3 guard by smaller schools, the guy has serious skills.

macc
06-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Ahhh I see

GiantsSwaGG
06-11-2012, 06:44 PM
The Bobcats should trade #2, Michael Jordan, Magette, Kemba Walker for the #1 pick

popo85
06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Like when the Saints traded all there picks for Williams

black1605
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
The Bobcats should trade #2, Michael Jordan, Magette, Kemba Walker for the #1 pick

Deal!

LakersA's49ers
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
that really isnt that awful of a deal. the hornets need more than just 1 guy. 4 good players>>1 great guy

nolafan33
06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
that really isnt that awful of a deal. the hornets need more than just 1 guy. 4 good players>>1 great guy

Not really.

The 4th pick in the draft isn't anywhere near the prospect Anthony Davis is.

After that you're talking about a late first rounder, and two second rounders.

How many second rounders actually make NBA rosters? Chances are if the Hornets did that deal, two of the four players (if not three of the four) wouldn't even be in the league by the time Davis was getting his second contract.

Awful deal.

*Silver&Black*
06-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Nobody on the Kentucky team scored alot, because it was stacked. People says the same thing about MKG. If one of them was on some crappy college team or pulled an OJ Mayo, you wouldn't think they would light it up?

Burkey3472
06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
N.O should laugh in their face. You need superstars to compete for championships in this league and Davis has the best chance to become that out of this draft class.

Vampirate
06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Hornets.

For some reason I get the 2 teams confused as well.

black1605
06-11-2012, 07:10 PM
For some reason I get the 2 teams confused as well.

Happens all the time.

LA_Raiders
06-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I would do it...

detzfish
06-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I would do it if I was no if Thompson was added

chrism516
06-11-2012, 07:25 PM
That is a terrible trade offer. The Cavs know that late 1st round, and 2nd round picks are not as valuable in the NBA as they are in the NFL right?

effen5
06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Id do it

HouRealCoach
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM

He's a much better rebounder than Camby was coming into the league, he's a much better defensive player than Camby was coming into the league, he was the leading scorer on a loaded National Championship team. Incredibly efficient scorer, makes his free throws, has decent range, and great hands.

He's going to be a monster in the NBA.

At best Marcus Camby was a 10 pts, 14 reb, 4 ast, 3 blk type player... Your acting like this guy will be a Wilt Chamberlain or something

Michael Beasley & Reggie Williams was better than damn near everyone in college... Where do they rank in the NBA

tyfreaks brotha
06-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I would've thrown in the Kings pick and a Varejoa/Okafor swap probably throw in Thompson to

JeffG20
06-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Happens all the time.

and this is the reason why Charlotte should get the hornets name back. cant wait for the rebrand. bad enough ESPN cant even get the names right

StarvingKnick22
06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
they are really desprate to make headlines arent they?

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2012, 08:02 PM
What the hell are you going to do with 4 draft picks? you cant use them all, you only have 15 roster spots. you have to trade 1-2 picks.

the Warriors have 4 picks this year as well. I hope they trade all of them for Rudy Gay.

saucy1
06-11-2012, 08:19 PM
rudy gay in the bay would his fan section be the gay area

NYMetros
06-11-2012, 08:19 PM
That's really not that good of a deal. I would have rejected it too.

roshan3ai
06-11-2012, 08:22 PM
That's a terrible deal

detzfish
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
This is all about everyones opinion of Davis. If u think he is going to be a superstar then u dont do it. I personally like Davis a lot but would definitely be shopping that pick with all the hype he is getting. Not saying I would take this deal but id be looming.

black1605
06-11-2012, 08:28 PM
At best Marcus Camby was a 10 pts, 14 reb, 4 ast, 3 blk type player... Your acting like this guy will be a Wilt Chamberlain or something

Michael Beasley & Reggie Williams was better than damn near everyone in college... Where do they rank in the NBA

Or I'm simply addressing the fact that the guy said he thinks the Camby comparison is valid by saying that Davis will be much better than Camby.

Who compared Camby to Wilt?

As for your second point, it is silly and deserves no response.

nolafan33
06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Everyone that is saying this is a good deal and they'd do it need to leave the forum immediately.

pacofunk64
06-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I agree with some of the posters on the 1st page that Davis is being over hyped BIG time. As of right now he is a Marcus Camby type player. I really can't see his game developing that much to where he will be a threat on offense. He very well could but I just can't see him being more than a 15ppg guy.

nolafan33
06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
The Camby comparison offensively is a bad one. Camby never had the ability to play on the perimeter, hit the midrange shot consistently or even stretch his range outside the three point line like Davis can. Camby never had the ability to put the ball on the ground like Davis can. He never had the passing ability Davis has. And so on.

Hustla23
06-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Terrible deal for New Orleans.

#4 pick, #24 pick + 2014 first round pick top 3 protected would be intriguing though.

Becks2307
06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Have you guys seen Anthony Davis dribble? he is no Marcus Camby.

Beltrans Mole
06-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Have you guys seen Anthony Davis dribble? he is no Marcus Camby.

You think Camby can hit 3s like Davis can? Yeah, didn't think so...

CEasFiRe
06-11-2012, 10:14 PM
iving and davis :drool:

ChitownBears22
06-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately there is no value in second round picks. It was a nice hail mary by Gilbert though. Odd how he is taking this team seriously and trying to get them talent after he loses LeBron. Where was this instict and gusto before? pfft 40 year old shaq

aussie
06-11-2012, 10:54 PM
rudy gay in the bay would his fan section be the gay area

lol

onlythisfar41
06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Theres no way you can accept that deal. The possibility that Davis turns into a superstar makes him a player you cant pass on no matter what. Now if he ends up being a bust and someone like Beal, Barnes or Drummond (whichever one ends up being the 4 pick) becomes the superstar, everyone will look back on this story and say if only they made that deal.

However like I said initially, you just cant trade away a player that has the chance to be a superstar and the face of your franchise for the next 10 years. Especially when youre a team like NO that has no one and is in danger of losing the team from the city.

JeffG20
06-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Theres no way you can accept that deal. The possibility that Davis turns into a superstar makes him a player you cant pass on no matter what. Now if he ends up being a bust and someone like Beal, Barnes or Drummond (whichever one ends up being the 4 pick) becomes the superstar, everyone will look back on this story and say if only they made that deal.

However like I said initially, you just cant trade away a player that has the chance to be a superstar and the face of your franchise for the next 10 years. Especially when youre a team like NO that has no one and is in danger of losing the team from the city.

um.....no we're not lol

RLundi
06-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Those of you thinking Davis will turn into a superstar are in for a rude awakening.

JeffG20
06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Those of you thinking Davis will turn into a superstar are in for a rude awakening.

even if he doesnt, still better then this crap being offered. but you can say that about any draft pick

THE MTL
06-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Lol, well Kyrie and Anthony Davis would just be scary.

STL Don
06-12-2012, 01:12 AM
I would've offered even more if it meant adding Davis paired up with Kyrie.

NSJ
06-12-2012, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't take the trade but I think people ar overvaluing Davis a little too much. He really has to fill out his body and it might take a little to adjust if he wants to be as great as people are saying he's going to be. I guess he could be a kg type player but kg also has that extra determination that drove him to be the player he is/was. He's only been 6'10 for 2 years so we don't really know how he'll play when he fills out. I think he'll be good but think its crazy that people say there's no way in hell they'd trade that #1 pick for a guy like Dwight Howard (and I hate Dwight). Davis has a lot to prove and improve on if he's going to make it to superstardom and I hope he doesn't lose his drive if he's not as successful as people expect in the next couple years.

topdog
06-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Whether or not people like Davis or not, #4 is a major downgrade from the concensus #1 to likely also losing out on Beal and MKG.

The gain from this is a very late 1st rounder and some 2nd rounders which really aren't all that useful for a team that is trying to get players on the court now (2nd rounders generally are best used on overseas players imo). Not worth it.

gilly
06-12-2012, 06:51 AM
People doubting Davis offensively are just wrong.

He played on a stacked team, filled with future NBA players (Jones, Teague, Lamb, Kidd-Gilchrist, Miller) so didn't get many touches on offense. He's good on the drive, mid-range, can knock a three down, has good handles (was a guard until recently), and can grab offensive boards and score very often.

Defensively he will be a phenom. He's gonna lead the league in blocks in his first three seasons, book it.

Cavs should throw everything they've got at this guy and pray.

justinnum1
06-12-2012, 06:53 AM
daivs will be better than all that garbage the cavs offered

loublue22
06-12-2012, 07:17 AM
People doubting Davis offensively are just wrong.

Exactly, people just see Sportscenter dunk/block highlights and think they know something.

He's not Stromile Swift, geniuses, there's a reason he's getting KG/Duncan comparisons.

theheatles
06-12-2012, 08:01 AM
dan gilbert is an egotistical arrogant despicable douche for offering this nonsense

rapjuicer06
06-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Exactly, people just see Sportscenter dunk/block highlights and think they know something.

He's not Stromile Swift, geniuses, there's a reason he's getting KG/Duncan comparisons.

Exactly. I'm not going to sit here and say he's going to be a superstar, but he sure has the potential to be one. He can dribble, pass and shot. He already has a pretty good post game as well.

But it's his defense that have him as such an elite prospect. Look at what Dwight Howard does on the defensive side of the ball. Davis has that kind of talent to do that. To completely change the game. Whatever offense he brings is just gravy on top

mike_noodles
06-12-2012, 08:19 AM
I think they should have done it. Davis is gonna be a lot more like a Kenyon Martin than Blake Griffin. Which isn't too bad, but not the cornerstone of the franchise. Mark my words, he will not be the best player from this draft.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-12-2012, 08:36 AM
After sleeping on it, I don't blame NO for passing on this. Maybe if they had another top ten pick. 2nd rounders are essentially trash and the 24th isn't much better.

tcav701
06-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Wouldnt the Cavs be better off going after Gordon?

At least they would have a shot at NO making a deal in that case.

HouRealCoach
06-12-2012, 08:46 AM
The Camby comparison offensively is a bad one. Camby never had the ability to play on the perimeter, hit the midrange shot consistently or even stretch his range outside the three point line like Davis can. Camby never had the ability to put the ball on the ground like Davis can. He never had the passing ability Davis has. And so on.

You never watched Camby in his Denver days did you? He actually had a damn good midrange & could shoot the 3 at times. If I'm not mistaking he was one of the leaders in assists for big men

I don't understand this statement...

superior
06-12-2012, 08:55 AM

is this a joke? u want the cats to go down in the draft AND give up bismack for varejos old useless ***?

nolafan33
06-12-2012, 08:58 AM
You never watched Camby in his Denver days did you? He actually had a damn good midrange & could shoot the 3 at times. If I'm not mistaking he was one of the leaders in assists for big men

I don't understand this statement...

Only hitting 21% for his career and taking more than 10 attempts in three of his sixteen years doesn't qualify as being able to shoot the three.

Gram
06-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Everyone that is saying this is a good deal and they'd do it need to leave the forum immediately.

I can't stand this poster. He's been a complete ***** since the Hornets got the first pick.

Stay classy PSD. Unlike this clown.

alistar
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I think they should have done it. Davis is gonna be a lot more like a Kenyon Martin than Blake Griffin. Which isn't too bad, but not the cornerstone of the franchise. Mark my words, he will not be the best player from this draft.

Yeah, I'll need more than two first round picks that are basically early 2nd rounders before I take that risk.

kobebabe
06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
congrats to Cleveland for trying....doesn't hurt to try

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
I can't stand this poster. He's been a complete ***** since the Hornets got the first pick.

what is wrong about his post? He is absolutely right... anyone who thinks this deal makes sense is and idiot...

If Cleveland had offered the 4, Tristan, and the 24 then you might have an argument... what they have offered is a joke especially in light of NO already having the 10th pick

alistar
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
This isn't the NFL. Late first rounders aren't worth very much in the NBA draft

Gram
06-12-2012, 10:27 AM
what is wrong about his post? He is absolutely right... anyone who thinks this deal makes sense is and idiot...

If Cleveland had offered the 4, Tristan, and the 24 then you might have an argument... what they have offered is a joke especially in light of NO already having the 10th pick

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=22484715&postcount=10

I have no respect for posts like this. He's acting like those over the top Knick fans who over rate every player they have. Anyone who's a snob about things like this are idiots. If you don't agree with me that's fine.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-12-2012, 10:33 AM
^ And u are a model citizen poster .. Lmao

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 10:37 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=22484715&postcount=10

I have no respect for posts like this. He's acting like those over the top Knick fans who over rate every player they have. Anyone who's a snob about things like this are idiots. If you don't agree with me that's fine.

look... i don't stalk the guy like you so i am not as familiar with all his posts as you... with that said, what he said in the above post is 100% accurate...

If you disagree with the guy at least pick your spots ... because if you disagree with his post then i think you need to rethink your basketball IQ

I Rock Shaqs
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
LOL who cares about any of this he's a hornets fan, that should be enough of an embarrassment.

alistar
06-12-2012, 10:50 AM
LOL who cares about any of this he's a hornets fan, that should be enough of an embarrassment.

Not as embarrassing as being a Cavs fan

Weezy
06-12-2012, 10:55 AM
^ And u are a model citizen poster .. Lmao

Its funny, he makes fun of other Knicks fans while he is actually one of the worst posters on this site. Lol, clown.

As for NO doing this trade, not happening. Just pick A. Davis and build. They just lost their franchise player in Cp3... its time to start over and AD is a great start.

ShockerArt
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Not in the NBA.

And you wouldn't get four good players with those picks. You'd be lucky to get one.

ShockerArt
06-12-2012, 10:58 AM

He's going to be pretty damn good.

Weezy
06-12-2012, 11:01 AM

I swear, your'e so pathetic. You are on that list with dnewguy and the rest of em. You think you're hot **** when you are actually an embarrassment to real basketball talk. If you can't stand him as a poster, then put him on the ignore list. It's that simple...instead you respond with garbage which is typical from a garbage poster.

TheNumber37
06-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Is Davis really gonna be that good?

Gram
06-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Its funny, he makes fun of other Knicks fans while he is actually one of the worst posters on this site. Lol, clown.

As for NO doing this trade, not happening. Just pick A. Davis and build. They just lost their franchise player in Cp3... its time to start over and AD is a great start.

:cool:

Stinkyoutsider
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
True, I think Davis can be a possible defensive player of the year. I would like to see what his offensive game is about. Can he create his own shot? I haven't seen too many of his games to determine this. If his offense matches his defense and athleticism, then I don't do it if I'm NO.

If he's not what I think I'm getting (multiple time all star, impact player) then I do the trade. The Hornets can continue to build in future years. They can put those 2 second rounders and trade for a future 1st rounder in the next draft. They can get even more creative if they want. Having the ability to pick multiple first round prospects won't hurt a franchise, especially if all the fans and ownership know they're going to be rebuilding anyway...

alistar
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
True, I think Davis can be a possible defensive player of the year. I would like to see what his offensive game is about. Can he create his own shot? I haven't seen too many of his games to determine this. If his offense matches his defense and athleticism, then I don't do it if I'm NO.

If he's not what I think I'm getting (multiple time all star, impact player) then I do the trade. The Hornets can continue to build in future years. They can put those 2 second rounders and trade for a future 1st rounder in the next draft. They can get even more creative if they want. Having the ability to pick multiple first round prospects won't hurt a franchise, especially if all the fans and ownership know they're going to be rebuilding anyway...

Nobody trades 2nd rounders for 1st rounders. This isn't the NFL. Most teams usually just buy 2nd rounders. NO is getting nothing in this deal they can't get using cash. And the chances you get a guy at #24that is even average is probably less than 50%.

Losoway
06-12-2012, 03:23 PM
LMAO! i dont even think Davis is the best player in this draft

nolafan33
06-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Lol at Gram.

I wouldn't be a complete ******* if a few people were a little smarter.

How anybody can say the Hornets should take that deal is beyond me. We're talking Anthony Davis for like Thomas Robinson, Doron Lamb, Furkan Aldemir, and Will Barton. Think about that for a second. Horrible deal for the Hornets.

And again, it's fine if you don't agree with that big post. But why would the Hornets trade a young prospect like Anthony Davis for a guy like DWade? Chris Paul? Guys over the age of 25? So we can be stuck in mediocrity again and be stuck trying to rebuild five (or less) years from now again? Why would we trade Davis for Kyrie or Griffin when Davis is a better all around prospect for both? Again, call me a ******* if you like, but people need to be a little smarter. Trading Davis for guys that are in their prime right now in no way benefits the Hornets for the future, which is what we are building towards.

sunsfan23
06-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I would do this deal in a heartbeat. I honestly don't see Anthony Davis becoming a superstar.

He reminds me of Tyrus Thomas coming out of college-long, athletic but not much of an offensive game. He might become a solid defensive stopper, but I don't see him ever averaging more than 10-15 PPG or being a player you can build a team around.

loublue22
06-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I would do this deal in a heartbeat. I honestly don't see Anthony Davis becoming a superstar.

He reminds me of Tyrus Thomas coming out of college-long, athletic but not much of an offensive game. He might become a solid defensive stopper, but I don't see him ever averaging more than 10-15 PPG or being a player you can build a team around.

He averaged more points as a freshman in college than almost any recent hall of fame big man.

Seriously, this "his offense needs work" stuff is getting ridiculous. Of course he will get better, but it's already very good.

watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYW5WuZt7Qo

Melo15
06-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Its hilarious seeing people criticizing the Cavs in this thread. What the hell do they have to lose making this offer? Obviously NO isn't going to take it but it doesn't hurt to take a chance. This really is a non-story.

Wolfman01
06-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Hornets already said they will not trade the 1st pick overall. Nice try Dan Gilbert lol. Cavs need to put up a bigger package if they truely want Anthony Davis.

LordkeiiN
06-13-2012, 06:16 AM
i would do that deal in a heartbeat