PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson: "This series will determine who the best player in the league is" ..

JordansBulls
06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
On Saturday evening during the pregame show Magic Johnson who was with the ESPN crew, Mike Wilbon, Jon Barry, Chris Broussard said he wanted the Thunder and Heat to play because he wanted to see the two best players in the league to play to determine who the best player was.

To quote him exactly he said: "This series will determine who the best player in the league is" ..

1.) Do you agree with him?

2.) Do you believe the perception will be whomever wins this series that the winner will be considered the best player in the league?

bucketss
06-11-2012, 04:53 PM
On Saturday evening during the pregame show Magic Johnson who was with the ESPN crew, Mike Wilbon, Jon Barry, Chris Broussard said he wanted the Thunder and Heat to play because he wanted to see the two best players in the league to play to determine who the best player was.

To quote him exactly he said: "This series will determine who the best player in the league is" ..

2.) Do you believe the perception will be whomever wins this series that the winner will be considered the best player in the league?

did magic say who ever wins this series will tell us who is the best? because lebron could completely out perform durant and the thunder can still win the series than what?

gwrighter
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't agree with Magic as LBJ is IMO the better all-around player.

But I do agree on that which ever team wins will impact who the best player is within the eyes of the mass public.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Magic likes creating the hype, ratings for ABC, more $$$. All good.

StinkEye
06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
That whole panel with Magic, Brousard, Barry, and Wilbon is awful. Magic is not an analyst. He either says completely cliche crap, or just talks without thinking.

Swashcuff
06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't. I mean seriously where is the context? Lets say Wade outperforms everyone (as he did last finals) and both LeBron and Durant are sub par but the Thunder win. Does that make Durant the best player in the league?

There is so much more to be taken into context than just who wins this series.

godolphins
06-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Magic likes creating the hype, ratings for ABC, more $$$. All good.

Did you lose a sig bet? :laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 05:03 PM

No, why?

I'm rooting for him to win his first title and finals MVP.

I would be proud for the torch to be carried from Michael to Kobe to LeBron.

heyman321
06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
"The only way Kevin Durant will be the best player in the NBA is if he kills Lebron James." -- Sir Charles Barkley.

macc
06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
If you need to watch this series to determine who the best player in the league is then you simply don't know basketball. Lebron is the best player in the league and it's not even debatable. It really isn't. If you're looking at "all around player" that is. Durrant has a 1 maybe 2 aspects of his game that's better then Lebrons but that's it.

Now I can understand a debate on who you would want to start your franchise with because you like what Durrant is about and would like to see him as the face of your team. I can respect that. On skill alone though, it's Lebron and that's it. Maybe in 2-5 more years Durrant can expand his game and things can change, but as of right now it's not even that close.

It's unfair to Durrant because we've never seen a player built like Lebron with the skills he has. Lebron is the first of his kind. Which makes him that much more special.

AntiG
06-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Magic is the Emmitt Smith of ESPN's NBA show.

amos1er
06-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Magic knows that was he's saying isn't completely true. He just wants to get both guys guys up for the challenge. He is trying to pump them up.

godolphins
06-11-2012, 05:19 PM
No, why?

I din't peg you as a LeBron supporter so I was a little surprised when I saw your sig.

thekmp211
06-11-2012, 05:25 PM
i mean, i actually agree with what he is saying. whoever wins this becomes "the man" in the nba.

still, bron has been the best player in the league for like 3 years and this season was maybe his best yet.

blastmasta26
06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
You have to take a lot of things into context. I highly doubt Durant will be better than LeBron even if the Thunder win, one series isn't going to change much especially when LeBron has been dominant the entire postseason.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-11-2012, 05:28 PM
magic is full of ****, this series will determine which is better team.

TylerSL
06-11-2012, 05:48 PM
It could, but its not definate. If Lebron doesnt show up again, and KD puts on a spectacular performance then yes it would mean Durant is better. If Lebron puts those Finals demons to bed and outplays Durant then yes, it means Lebron is better. If Wade absolutely goes like 32/7/7 and Lebron goes for like 28/6/6 series, but Durant averages like 35/8/5 and the Thunder lose, that doesnt mean 100% that Lebron is better. If the Thunder win and Durant goes like 25/8/4 and Lebron goes like 38/10/7 then that wouldnt mean Durant is better than Lebron. So we should really wait and see before we make these kinds of assumptions. Right now, I think Lebron is better by a good margin, but if he continually gets outclassed in the Finals by inferior players than one could make an arguement that he isnt the best player in the NBA. As much as it sucks, we will have to wait for tomarrow night.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
1- no, I think the best team wins

2- no, LeBron has vastly outplayed Durant in the playoffs, and nothing Durant does here will make him better.

JC_
06-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I don't think Magic actually feels that way. It's just a cool thing to say on tv.

SteBO
06-11-2012, 06:55 PM

2- no, LeBron has vastly outplayed Durant in the playoffs, and nothing Durant does here will make him better.
Bingo. I can't believe that so-called "experts" still can't differentiate between individual and TEAM accomplishment. Same thing happened last year too, where you had people on here saying Dirk was a better than LeBron.

ManRam
06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Well. He's wrong. It could be true i guess...but it's not that simple.

What of Bron goes 40/10/10 on 60% shooting and hits three game winners...and his team loses? Especially considering that the Heat are underdogs.

You get my idea? TEAM success doesn't necessarily determine if one of two comparable players is better than the other. It's not that black and white.

Perception could change and I don't doubt some people think it's that simple.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Bingo. I can't believe that so-called "experts" still can't differentiate between individual and TEAM accomplishment. Same thing happened last year too, where you had people on here saying Dirk was a better than LeBron.

oh I have ZERO doubt that if the Thunder win, even if LeBron outplays Durant easily, until next year gets going, and Bron reminds everyone "remember me? Best player in the world", Durant will bask in the glory and be widely accepted as the best player. Its called short term memory, something sports fans are very guilty of.

Bruno
06-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Meh.

Absolutely.

JordansBulls
06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Well. He's wrong. It could be true i guess...but it's not that simple.

What of Bron goes 40/10/10 on 60% shooting and hits three game winners...and his team loses? Especially considering that the Heat are underdogs.

You get my idea? TEAM success doesn't necessarily determine if one of two comparable players is better than the other. It's not that black and white.

Perception could change and I don't doubt some people think it's that simple.
Well many considered Bill Russell better than Jerry West in 1969 when West averaged 38 ppg in the finals.

Reppin405
06-12-2012, 12:25 AM
I'd say lbj would beat him one on one. Yes, but it's a team game. Lebron has more raw talent but I'd rather have durand on my team... And I do, so. Thunder up!

STL Don
06-12-2012, 12:26 AM
I certainly agree with him.

justinnum1
06-12-2012, 12:27 AM
oh I have ZERO doubt that if the Thunder win, even if LeBron outplays Durant easily, until next year gets going, and Bron reminds everyone "remember me? Best player in the world", Durant will bask in the glory and be widely accepted as the best player. Its called short term memory, something sports fans are very guilty of.

yep

NBAFan2012
06-12-2012, 12:31 AM

haha Thats exactly what I was thinking. Might as well throw Corey Maggette in there

smith&wesson
06-12-2012, 12:40 AM
this series will determin which is the best team in the nba not player.

lebron is better then durant overall. it shouldnt even be a debate.

basketfan4life
06-12-2012, 02:59 AM

See, i don't think anybody is as good as LBJ in the game. He is the best player in the game.

But if he gets outplayed by the role players again and becomes like the 4th or 5th top scorer of the finals. I won't open my mouth and say LBJ is the best again until he puts up a Dwayne Wade like finals.

You can't forgive a player for that type of finals performance 2 years in a row.

ThunderousDemon
06-12-2012, 03:20 AM
No, why?

lol

naps
06-12-2012, 03:38 AM
NO. Entire ESPN crew is full of crap. Magic, Barry, Brossurd, Wilbon don't know WTF they talk about most of the time, only Wilbon makes sense sometimes...and I don't even know how on earth John Barry sits there since he seems to know absolutely nothing. Magic knows the game very well but he's a smart man who understands the business side of the game pretty well. ESPN needs him to hype it up as much as possible. For example, if John Barry or Chris Brossurd said the same thing we wouldn't be talking about it now, but we are talking about this because it came from Magic...see how that works?

Finals will decide who the best team is, not the best player.

naps
06-12-2012, 03:39 AM
double post...

Mrphilly
06-12-2012, 04:15 AM
So what will the rest of the players be doing while Lebron and KD are playing one on one to determine who''s the best in the league???

setman2000
06-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Did he butcher the english language while making this statement?

thenaj17
06-12-2012, 05:39 AM

Exactly right Hawkeye. Not just the fans, all so called expert analysts do the same. LeBron is the best player in the league comfortably.

I would even argue Durant isn't even 2nd best. Kobe, Wade, Howard would all argue that 1.

YoungOne
06-12-2012, 06:27 AM
I don't. I mean seriously where is the context? Lets say Wade outperforms everyone (as he did last finals) and both LeBron and Durant are sub par but the Thunder win. Does that make Durant the best player in the league?

he didnt say the winner of the finals will be the best player...

Chavacano
06-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Win or lose, LeBron's the NBA's best player. :shrug:

JordansBulls
06-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Did he butcher the english language while making this statement?

Who are you referring to? Magic

tcav701
06-12-2012, 08:58 AM
You guys realize that it is their job to hyp up the series correct?

JordansBulls
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
You guys realize that it is their job to hyp up the series correct?

How much do they get paid on ESPN?

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Lol Durant is the best player in the league win or lose.

beliges
06-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Win or lose, LeBron's the NBA's best player. :shrug:

Not so sure about that. Dont think Lebron would be considered better than Durant if Durant continues to outperform him, head to head, in the Finals and wins a title before him. Durant's numbers are extremely similar to Lebron's and with a Finals victory over Lebron, it would solidify Durant as the best in the league.

Lebron is great, but with the team he has, he should beat Durant if truly he is a better player than Durant. He should not allow Durant to outperform and outshine him in the Finals. Time will tell.

Raph12
06-13-2012, 04:16 PM
No.

Lebron's the best player in the league, hands down... Durant would just be making his case for #2.

JordansBulls
06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Not so sure about that. Dont think Lebron would be considered better than Durant if Durant continues to outperform him, head to head, in the Finals and wins a title before him. Durant's numbers are extremely similar to Lebron's and with a Finals victory over Lebron, it would solidify Durant as the best in the league.

Lebron is great, but with the team he has, he should beat Durant if truly he is a better player than Durant. He should not allow Durant to outperform and outshine him in the Finals. Time will tell.

Good stuff.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:30 PM

LeBron has yet to outplay Tim Duncan or Dirk or KD when it has mattered.

Which is why he is not the best player in the league.

... gotta be great when it matters most to be great. PER is a FAIL on this and so are your opinions on this matter.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:30 PM
How many more FAILs does LeBron need to rack up against great adversaries b/f people simply stop the nut hugging?

2 more finals flame outs? 1? 4?

waveycrockett
06-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Magic Johnson is the President and CEO of the LeBron Haters Fan Club

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Magic Johnson is the President and CEO of the LeBron Haters Fan Club

5 rings. Recognize.

Mixeditup1
06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
How many more FAILs does LeBron need to rack up against great adversaries b/f people simply stop the nut hugging?

He'll always have an excuse... "Not enough talent around him" etc etc... IMO stars are supposed to preform when it counts, LeBron is arguably the best player in the NBA... But if KD keeps up and performs like that in the 4th to close games... He's the player I choose if I start a team.

beliges
06-13-2012, 04:41 PM
He'll always have an excuse... "Not enough talent around him" etc etc... IMO stars are supposed to preform when it counts, LeBron is arguably the best player in the NBA... But if KD keeps up and performs like that in the 4th to close games... He's the player I choose if I start a team.

This is what I find funny now. People always gave Lebron a pass when he played in Cleavland stating he didnt have the talent around him. Ok. Now he joined D Wade and Bosh and created the most talented big 3 in the league. He joined with 2 other superstars. And again, people are stating he just doesnt have the talent around him. Its just kind of silly.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:41 PM

Logical, non-LeBron nut huggers agree 100%.

LeBron nut huggers will go down with the ship fully confident that the load in their tummy is a nutritious LBJ protein shake. They will never agree. PER says so.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:42 PM
This is what I find funny now. People always gave Lebron a pass when he played in Cleavland stating he didnt have the talent around him. Ok. Now he joined D Wade and Bosh and created the most talented big 3 in the league. He joined with 2 other superstars. And again, people are stating he just doesnt have the talent around him. Its just kind of silly.

What is worse is he is not even the best player on the court in any of these Finals but still people say he is the best in the NBA.

Crazy.

lakersfan01
06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Magic Johnson = Charles Barkley

Lebron is playing for Miami...aka Cleveland2.0. He has carried yet another trash roster past where it should have been able to go. Bosh isn't 100%, Wade is washed up, and the rest of the roster is trash!

Kevin Durant has BY FAR the best roster in the NBA. BY FAR. Thunder>Heat. Lebron>Durant. Period.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Magic Johnson = Charles Barkley

Lebron is playing for Miami...aka Cleveland2.0. He has carried yet another trash roster past where it should have been able to go. Bosh isn't 100%, Wade is washed up, and the rest of the roster is trash!

Kevin Durant has BY FAR the best roster in the NBA. BY FAR.

Again, let me point this out, 22 months ago the Heat had the best threesome EVER and now the team is trash. Same team might I add.

I guess LeBron needs Bill Russell, Jerry West, Karl Malone and Magic Johnson to "win it all."

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2012, 04:52 PM
magic is a fat nosed moron that doesn't speak proper english. that is all.

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2012, 04:53 PM
"The only way Kevin Durant will be the best player in the NBA is if he kills Lebron James." -- Sir Charles Barkley.

charles sounds like a bumbling fool every time he opens his mouth but at least he managed to get this right.

Wolfman01
06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes I truely agreed with Magic Johnson words. I feel like KD got robbed and didn't get the MVP. At the end of the day KD will say "LeBron James can have the MVP trophy but I have the NBA Championshiop trophy" haha. NBA Championship trophy is a lot harder to get then the MVP trophy. KD can get the MVP trophy later in his career.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:58 PM
magic is a fat nosed moron that doesn't speak proper english. that is all.

To quote a Miami Heat fan circa July, 2010 celebrating all their titles ......

U MAD?

And I find it funny in a a town where 90% of the people can't speak english, that a Heatle fan would make fun of someone's English.

Pot meet kettle.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 04:59 PM
charles sounds like a bumbling fool every time he opens his mouth but at least he managed to get this right.

Sir Charles of the no titles.

Hawkize31
06-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Magic is wrong for 2 reasons.

First, teams win titles, not individual players.

Second, 4-7 games is a very small sample size and won't definitively tell us anything, outside of who wins the NBA Championship.

torocan
06-13-2012, 05:33 PM
This discussion reminds me of a guy I ran into a long time ago.

He was a professional 9-ball player (billiards). The topic of televised tournaments came up, and I asked him whether the best players were actually the ones on television.

He basically said this...

"The guys who play on TV aren't the most skilled players in the world. There are guys that never win a major tournament who are better at the game, who shoot better and play smarter.

However, they're not the Greatest players. Great players win when there's something on the line. They find a way to win when they're at the final table and the audience is watching and there's money on the line.

Players who never win when there's something on the line might be more skilled, or more talented, or even better, but they're not Great and never will be."

If Durant wins the Championship he might not be a more talented player than Lebron, or a more skilled all around player than Lebron, but Durant will be the Greater player until Lebron proves he can win when there's a Championship on the line.

Ask Jim Kelly. Jim Kelly led the Buffalo Bills to 4 Superbowls. He didn't win a single one. If I were Lebron James, I wouldn't want to be remembered as the Jim Kelly of the NBA...

Rain City
06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I absolutely agree with Magic.

Last night was a perfect example, Lebron and MIA were good enough to be the better team for 3 quarters. OKC won because KD was the best player on the floor when it mattered and led his team to a win.

OKC didnt win bc the Heat were handicapped, anybody that knows basketball and watched the game knows OKC won the game bc they had the best player on the floor that given night who made the difference in a hard fought game.

This series absolutely settles the debate of the best player in the NBA today.

JordansBulls
06-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Lol Durant is the best player in the league win or lose.

He can't lose with HCA and be the best in the league.

BobbyHillSwag
06-13-2012, 06:45 PM

james did it :moon::moon::moon:

RLundi
06-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I rarely listen when Magic Johnson speaks.

RLundi
06-13-2012, 07:44 PM
LeBron has yet to outplay Tim Duncan or Dirk or KD when it has mattered.

Which is why he is not the best player in the league.

... gotta be great when it matters most to be great. PER is a FAIL on this and so are your opinions on this matter.

Lol I think it's adorable how egregiously false you are and just how little basketball knowledge you clearly demonstrate you are in possession of.

I just wanna pat your head and give you a lollipop.

Kashmir13579
06-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Magic just says things sometimes.. Durant is looking the part right now though.

chi-townlove1
06-13-2012, 07:47 PM

To you and everyone else who talks out of their ***** all the time.... Isn't winning championships everything to you people on Psd.. Cause that's all I ever hear. So idc who outperforms who, whoever wins that ring should be looked at as the best player, am I right? My god this forum is ridiculous

Kashmir13579
06-13-2012, 07:49 PM

4th quarter finals flame-outs? I say 2 more including this series.

RLundi
06-13-2012, 07:53 PM
To you and everyone else who talks out of their ***** all the time.... Isn't winning championships everything to you people on Psd.. Cause that's all I ever hear. So idc who outperforms who, whoever wins that ring should be looked at as the best player, am I right? My god this forum is ridiculous

No, your asinine rationalizations are what's ridiculous.

When the Pistons won, was Chauncey Billups the best player in the league? No. Why, you ask? Because championships are one single factor, and even so, they don't accurately and absolutely measure a player's worth.

I'm not gonna sit here and explain why LeBron is clearly the better player than Durant. If you don't know by now, then you don't have internet access or a television, and I can't help you with that. But why don't you at least TRY to be marginally analytical on this, mmmkay?

NYY 26 to 7
06-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Everyone should know that LeBron is by far the best player in the NBA and talent wise is unequaled. Yes he has his shortcommings but this Heat team just isn't as good IMO and by that I mean team beause the Heat are a much better collection of talent there is just too much time when they look like they aren't sure their identity which I would largely put on a young coach who doesn't run the team the big 3 run that show. Too many changed rotations and trying to figure out the best balance of involvment for Wade and Bron and when to use each. But obviously if they win stupid people will say Durrant is better because of it - I might be one just to make some Heat fans mad.

slapnutz69
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Everyone should know that LeBron is by far the best player in the NBA and talent wise is unequaled. Yes he has his shortcommings but this Heat team just isn't as good IMO and by that I mean team beause the Heat are a much better collection of talent there is just too much time when they look like they aren't sure their identity which I would largely put on a young coach who doesn't run the team the big 3 run that show. Too many changed rotations and trying to figure out the best balance of involvment for Wade and Bron and when to use each. But obviously if they win stupid people will say Durrant is better because of it - I might be one just to make some Heat fans mad.

mmhmm keep making more excuses for LeChoke, sad

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Lol I think it's adorable how egregiously false you are and just how little basketball knowledge you clearly demonstrate you are in possession of.

I just wanna pat your head and give you a lollipop.

Mind I add you said absolutely nothing to refute the point. Just another 20 something ****** with no job on this site who thinks BB was invented in 2004.

And to those talking about how bad the Miami Heat team is (another line of crap b/c it is good talent) then how do you explain last year versus the Mavericks????????????????

Every time I hear LeBron nut huggers it is always waxing about how much better "the other team is" and how LeBron is great. But LeBron has never out performed his counter part in any Finals and it looks like it might happen again.

Dirk was the best player on the floor last year. KD will be this year. LeBron will be 0-3 being the second best player on the floor in three finals. I know reality sucks for LeBron nut huggers, but the Huggers must get through their dense skulls that his load is not wonderful vanilla ice cream in their mouths.

0-3, book it and pound sand with your PER stats.

C-Style
06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Durant is better, all he needs is to be recognized as a better defender. BTW Lebron is very overrated defensively. and who cares if Lebron is a better passer, he has a worst TO ratio in the playoffs

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
No, your asinine rationalizations are what's ridiculous.

When the Pistons won, was Chauncey Billups the best player in the league? No. Why, you ask? Because championships are one single factor, and even so, they don't accurately and absolutely measure a player's worth.

I'm not gonna sit here and explain why LeBron is clearly the better player than Durant. If you don't know by now, then you don't have internet access or a television, and I can't help you with that. But why don't you at least TRY to be marginally analytical on this, mmmkay?

1) Nut Hugger thinking.

2) 0-3 in Finals while being outplayed individually by the other team's best player

Bishnoff
06-13-2012, 08:26 PM
LeBron is still the best player in the NBA. One Finals series isn't going to change that.

khaleesi
06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
LeBron is still the best player in the NBA. One Finals series isn't going to change that.

How about 3?

How about being the SECOND best player on the floor in all 3 Finals?

How about 2-9 so far?

Any of this register Nut Hugger?

rocket
06-13-2012, 08:45 PM
No

/thread

RLundi
06-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Mind I add you said absolutely nothing to refute the point. Just another 20 something ****** with no job on this site who thinks BB was invented in 2004.

And to those talking about how bad the Miami Heat team is (another line of crap b/c it is good talent) then how do you explain last year versus the Mavericks????????????????

Every time I hear LeBron nut huggers it is always waxing about how much better "the other team is" and how LeBron is great. But LeBron has never out performed his counter part in any Finals and it looks like it might happen again.

Dirk was the best player on the floor last year. KD will be this year. LeBron will be 0-3 being the second best player on the floor in three finals. I know reality sucks for LeBron nut huggers, but the Huggers must get through their dense skulls that his load is not wonderful vanilla ice cream in their mouths.

0-3, book it and pound sand with your PER stats.

Serious question, and I mean this with the utmost respect, but do you have at least a middle school education?

I'm a Magic fan, I'm hardly a Heat fan nor a LeBron nuthugger. But make no mistake about it, you are either an abject hater or you lack any semblance of basketball knowledge. Which one is it? Both?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and surmise that anything mathematical absolutely eludes you but you don't even have to be a stathead to realize LeBron is doing things that literally haven't been duplicated since Michael and Magic. Are you 12 or do you know who those players are?

But no, please, continue to demonstrate your maturity by mentioning LeBron's sperm every other post. That definitely incites everyone to consider your opinion on why LeBron isn't the best player and that his penis clearly isn't constantly on your mind.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 09:49 AM
james did it :moon::moon::moon:

That's my point

bucketss
06-14-2012, 09:53 AM
How about 3?

How about 2-9 so far?

how was he the third best player all three finals? did you not see him drop 30 and 9 and also the finals isn't over smh.

i want to ask you one question what are you trying to accomplish? if everyone starts to think lebron is the worst player in the nba is your mission over?

bucketss
06-14-2012, 09:55 AM

just like he CANT be mvp without being the 1st seed overall? how does it feel to be wrong all the time?

Baller1
06-14-2012, 09:56 AM
You know, I've actually always been one of the Lebron apologists and that's because he's one of my favorite players; but some of you have just gotten ridiculous with this ****. It's never his fault, is it? Sorry, but he doesn't get a pass of they lose this time around. He's going up against his so-called "rival" player in the greatest basketball stage on this planet, and got outplayed.

Make excuses all you want, but if this series continues along the path of game 1... Then Durant is the best player on this planet, no doubt in my mind. There's giving a guy breaks, and then there's just blatantly excusing someone who doesn't deserve the excusing.

Lebron needs to show up tonight or very soon; otherwise, Durant is going to take the title of greatest player on this planet along with a championship, too.

bucketss
06-14-2012, 10:03 AM
You know, I've actually always been one of the Lebron apologists and that's because he's one of my favorite players; but some of you have just gotten ridiculous with this ****. It's never his fault, is it? Sorry, but he doesn't get a pass of they lose this time around. He's going up against his so-called "rival" player in the greatest basketball stage on this planet, and got outplayed.

Make excuses all you want, but if this series continues along the path of game 1... Then Durant is the best player on this planet, no doubt in my mind. There's giving a guy breaks, and then there's just blatantly excusing someone who doesn't deserve the excusing.

Lebron needs to show up tonight or very soon; otherwise, Durant is going to take the title of greatest player on this planet along with a championship, too.

why do you people act like lebron never gets blame?

Fever45
06-14-2012, 10:04 AM
I am not a fan of LeBron James. Let's start out with that.

That being said, even if Durant plays as he did in game one, I'd still say LeBron is the better overall player at this point in time. However I have to give credit to Durant (who's number 2) because for a player of such a young age to perform on such a stage the way he did is impressive. If he keeps it up and wins his team a title (or at least plays a huge role in the team's success), he could take the "crown" from LBJ in the near future.

The VERY near future.

dh144498
06-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I really wanna see westbrick come out and surprise everyone and avg 30-10-10 this series and steal the FMVP (if the thunder wins), or bosh winning FMVP (if heat wins). :laugh:

jay084
06-14-2012, 11:07 AM
While Lebron is the best "all-around" player in the league, he lacks the killer instinct to bring his team back if down in the 2nd half, specifically in 4th quarter in the post season (consistently). KD has the ability to get in a zone when its winning time. It seems almost second nature to him.

Lebron is the total opposite, he has to will himself to that point. He doesn't want to demoralize his competition in crunch time. Guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Iverson etc. where all killers on the court. They wanted more than anything else to crush you, and would be almost giddy if they had the chance to do it in the clutch. I'm not saying Lebron doesn't want to win, I'm sure he does. He would just rather not have to do it in the clutch. He wants to dominate you from start to finish, and there's nothing wrong with that. But this doesn't happen on a regular basis, especially in the post season. The Finals don't determine who the best player is, but it does determine the best team and that's all we'll get from the outcome.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
just like he CANT be mvp without being the 1st seed overall? how does it feel to be wrong all the time?

I didn't say he couldn't be, I said he shouldn't have been for the fact the Bulls got the top spot missing its best player half the season.
When have I been wrong?

BobbyHillSwag
06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
How about 3?

How about 2-9 so far?

:facepalm::facepalm:

he wasnt the second best player on the floor in any of the finals so far except this one and it has only been one game.

blahblahyoutoo
06-14-2012, 03:39 PM
To quote a Miami Heat fan circa July, 2010 celebrating all their titles ......

U MAD?

And I find it funny in a a town where 90% of the people can't speak english, that a Heatle fan would make fun of someone's English.

Pot meet kettle.

is my town a representation of me personally, or my ability to speak english?

yeah, thought so.
and learn how to properly use the pot-kettle expression before using it.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Wrong.

Lebron and Durant aren't the only 2 playing.