PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay's Camp Says He's Unhappy in Memphs, Would Welcome Trade

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-memphis-grizzlies-trading-rudy-gay

For the longest time, the Memphis Grizzlies were in kind of the same boat as the Los Angeles Clippers. Saddled with a penny-pinching owner, they seemed relegated to take part in the NBA draft lottery every year. Last year’s taste of postseason success, however, seems to have caused a paradigm shift in Memphis. The Grizzlies barely snuck into the playoffs, but then upset the top-seeded San Antonio Spurs and took the Oklahoma City Thunder to the absolute limit before falling just short of the Western Conference Finals.

In response to that performance, Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said he would keep the core of the team together, and was as good as his word in re-signing center Marc Gasol to a long-term deal.

Now Heisley has two more hurdles to overcome, and it will be interesting to see how he handles them.

First and foremost, prized shooting guard OJ Mayo is very likely to become a restricted free agent in July, and while the Grizzlies have come close to trading him a couple of times, they have had a hard time actually parting with their force off the bench. The word out of Memphis is that the Grizzlies will likely match offers for Mayo, and if their recent track record is any indication, they may, indeed do that.

The second order of business is Rudy Gay, the team’s leader, who became the heart of the franchise when Pau Gasol was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. Trade speculation started around Gay when the team advanced as far as they did last season while he was out nursing a shoulder injury, and that talk continues because sources close to his camp insist he is unhappy and would welcome a trade.

Once again, Heisley has gone on the offensive, saying he is not entertaining offers for Gay, but the offers are coming, anyway.

The Golden State Warriors are desperately looking for some star power, and if they can’t land Dwight Howard they would love to have Rudy Gay. The Warriors also want to unload at least one and perhaps more of their four 2012 draft picks, and would happily package them with a combination of players – including David Lee – to make a trade happen.

The Toronto Raptors are also aggressively shopping for a star-caliber small forward, and have been tied to talks surrounding Tyreke Evans and Andre Iguodala. They have now also reportedly added Gay to their wishlist.

The Charlotte Bobcats are interested in moving the second overall pick in this summer’s draft, and they, too, would like to add Gay to the mix. The Bobcats are looking to develop a winning culture after one of the worst seasons in NBA history, and they believe Gay could help them do that. Of course, that’s a stretch. If Gay is unhappy in Memphis he would likely be miserable in Charlotte.

The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly joined the fray, seeing the addition of Gay as a way of keeping Deron Williams in town long-term.

Two teams that are not yet circulating the rumor mills are the Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets, both of which have reason to pursue Gay is their situations play out a certain way. The Mavs, too, would like to bring in Deron Williams, and need some pieces around Dirk Nowitzki to convince Williams that Dallas is a good destination. Meanwhile, the Rockets have been after a star-caliber upgrade at the three for some time, having made overtures to the Philadelphia 76ers regarding Andre Iguodala and to the Indiana Pacers regarding Danny Granger. It makes sense that they would pursue Gay, and it seems the Grizzlies owe them one after Houston took Hasheem Thabeet off their hands.

Again, the Grizzlies are saying they won’t deal Gay, and there’s every reason to believe that Memphis could be a home court team in the West if the team is kept in tact and everyone stays healthy. Still, it’s a lot of money to spend and a small market to spend it in . . .and old habits die hard. It will be interesting to see if Heisley sticks to his new plan of attack.

I know Heisley said he would not entertain offers for Rudy Gay since he wants to keep the core, but since the breaking news of new ownership coming to Memphis w/ Heisley selling the team, the new owner may very well want to trade away Rudy Gay. Who knows what happens, but it's been documented that Rudy Gay is not happy in Memphis.

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Off the top of my head: Deng for Gay.

xnick5757
06-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Pierce + pick for gay

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Pierce + pick for gaySince Deng and Pierce have similar years but Deng is cheaper and younger, I'd prefer Deng if I'm the Grizzlies.

b@llhog24
06-11-2012, 04:07 PM
:nod:

GiantsSwaGG
06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Amare for Gay

b@llhog24
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Blazers should see if he's available.

b@llhog24
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Amare for Gay
Why would Memphis even do that? :confused:

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Pau for Gay. Gay expires in 2015, but Pau expires a yr earlier.

And Pau goes back to the franchise where he started his career. And he joins brother Marc. The chemistry gets better in the frontcourt.

That makes ZBO expendable, so you could get back something nice in return for him.

GiantsSwaGG
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Why would Memphis even do that? :confused:

He can be there 6th man

ManRam
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Poor fella!

Must be tough!

Memphis probably should be some re-tooling, and before I even heard about this I wouldn't have been surprised if Gay was one of the people they look to moving.

mballa22191
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
So Griz dump z-bo and gay in the same summer... to make room for Pau? lol

Lakeshow24KB
06-11-2012, 04:18 PM

And Pau goes back to the franchise where he started his career. And he joins brother Marc. The chemistry gets better in the frontcourt.

That makes ZBO expendable, so you could get back something nice in return for him.

Do you think they can add a filler or would it be for gay straight up?

ManRam
06-11-2012, 04:18 PM
He can be there 6th man

Gay's contract isn't too wonderful, but Amare's is far worse. It's not worth it for a young team to take on a huge max contract like Amare's...especially when they have decent front court depth, and especially to be their 6th man.

KingOfSanJose
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Interesting that they mentioned David lee could be traded..
Lee + #30 + #52 for gay?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Do you think they can add a filler or would it be for gay straight up?

Maybe Haddadi? I know the Lakers won't try to add anymore salary because they're trying to get under luxury tax as much as possible. But who knows.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Gay's contract isn't too wonderful, but Amare's is far worse. It's not worth it for a young team to take on a huge max contract like Amare's...especially when they have decent front court depth, and especially to be their 6th man.

Pau is a way better option than Amare as he's more skilled, much healthier than Amare, Pau's contract ends before Gay's contract or Amare's contract, and Pau's familiarity with the franchise, city, and his brother Marc.

GiantsSwaGG
06-11-2012, 04:28 PM

Yeah true, but with Arthur coming back from a terrible injury and the grizz tryna move Zbo as well, it wouldn't hurt.

meloman1592
06-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Clippers make sense...cp3 would make him an all star. Lobs to Blake, Jordan and Gay? OMG

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Memphis should also look into a 3-way deal where they can get rid of Z-Bo and probably get Iggy.

Iggy will exercise his player's option, and that expires in 2014.

Z-Bo expires in 2015 with his player's option.

If Memphis gets rid of Both Gay and Randolph (who both expire in 2015) for guys like Iggy and Pau (who both expire in 2014), then they can have boat load of money to get a young superstar that summer.

(Btw, Marc Gasol expires in 2015).

Hellcrooner
06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Three way with lakers and sixers or Bulls Pau and Iggy or Deng to memphis and the pair of ballhogs one to chi/philly the other to the lakers.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Clippers make sense...cp3 would make him an all star. Lobs to Blake, Jordan and Gay? OMG

Um, what do the Clippers have that Memphis will want. :confused:

Lakeshow24KB
06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Maybe Haddadi? I know the Lakers won't try to add anymore salary because they're trying to get under luxury tax as much as possible. But who knows.

Oh I see.

LTBaByyy
06-11-2012, 04:39 PM

You do know there is a cap space? :facepalm:

LTBaByyy
06-11-2012, 04:43 PM
If they can't get Iggy, this is the perfect trade for them;

Marion + 17th overall pick (in a talented draft) for Gay

Williams
West
Gay
Dirk
Mahimni (Amnesty Haywood)

Is not too bad :) Money would be perfect for it to happen too

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 04:45 PM

Williams
West
Gay
Dirk

Does Memphis really do that by helping a SouthWest division rival like Dallas?

LTBaByyy
06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Does Memphis really do that by helping a SouthWest division rival like Dallas?

I've seen far worse things in the NBA happen lol

But yeah you're right, I doubt it

BULLSFAN0810
06-11-2012, 04:56 PM

Agree...

MJ-BULLS
06-11-2012, 05:03 PM

I get to watch the majority of the bulls games, and i can say that would not happen.

TN_ballz
06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
I think the grizzlies will def keep Z-bo, he'll be back to his 20-10 per game after the knee injury. The new owner will prob keep Mayo, he's too talented to let him walk for a lowball contract from another team. I think Gay is up in the air though. He's only averaged 17pts and 19 pts a game the past 2 seasons. He's got a max contract and I don't know if he's earning it right now? I think if they get a good offer, they very well may take it.

5ass
06-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I'd give them anything they want from orlando. Unfortunately they already have a good PF, so they wont want ryno. So all we can offer is Redick and pick #19.

valade16
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM

Williams
West
Gay
Dirk

That is a terrible trade for Memphis. Give up Gay, a borderline All-Star for old man Marion? Oh, at least they also get a late round pick...

Terrible trade for the Grizzlies...

kenzo400
06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I think the grizzlies will def keep Z-bo, he'll be back to his 20-10 per game after the knee injury. The new owner will prob keep Mayo, he's too talented to let him walk for a lowball contract from another team. I think Gay is up in the air though. He's only averaged 17pts and 19 pts a game the past 2 seasons. He's got a max contract and I don't know if he's earning it right now? I think if they get a good offer, they very well may take it.

He is 31 years old and coming back from missing most of last season. He could be back for a 20-10 year, but i wouldn't be so sure of it. Remember what happened to Elton Brand around the same time in his career?

D12 fan
06-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I'd give them anything they want from orlando. Unfortunately they already have a good PF, so they wont want ryno. So all we can offer is Redick and pick #19.

Yeah he would be great in Orlando,Dwight never had a swingman who can get buckets and take pressure off him.

thephoenixson28
06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Hopefully Phoenix takes a look at him

Wade>You
06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
lol sources say.

Jarvo
06-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Rudy Gay for Iggy or Deng.

Blitzbolt
06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
If we trade Rudy is gonna be in the East.Also I would rather die then get Pau back we don't like Pau Gasol and that's a FACT he won't sell tickets in Memphis.

The Grizzlies will ask alot for gay like Iggy and the Sixers pick that's the price range.

D12 fan
06-11-2012, 06:29 PM
If we trade Rudy is gonna be in the East.Also I would rather die then get Pau back we don't like Pau Gasol and that's a FACT he won't sell tickets in Memphis.

The Grizzlies will ask alot for gay like Iggy and the Sixers pick that's the price range.

If Memphis wants to clear cap space they should deal with Charlotte.

Gay for 2nd pick,Maggette.

More-Than-Most
06-11-2012, 06:34 PM
dammit give them iggy

sixer04fan
06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Memphis, you WILL take Iggy for Gay. And you WILL like it. Damn it!

bigsams50
06-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Since they want to move Gay, does that mean they will keep Mayo?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 06:44 PM

Yup, they said they're first intention is to keep OJ.

More-Than-Most
06-11-2012, 06:45 PM

if he wants to be traded that could hinder their offer...I would not do iggy plus our pick for gay...I hate iggy as much as the next guy but he is extremely underrated

Blitzbolt
06-11-2012, 06:46 PM

No the Grizzlies will let him walk or do a sign and trade.

He and coach Hollins don't mix well.Plus the fans and (old)owner don't want him.

Blitzbolt
06-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Yup, they said they're first intention is to keep OJ.

You are way off bro where do you get your grizz info from?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 07:12 PM
You are way off bro where do you get your grizz info from?

Just read the article that I posted. It says they're willing to match any offer for the restricted Mayo.

But I guess your the Grizz fan, so you know more about what's going on with your team. You tell. What is Memphis' main intention, especially with this new ownership.

HouRealCoach
06-11-2012, 07:23 PM

You Laker fans think Pau Gasol can get you anyone lol... If he's so good to trade for all of these guys why not just keep him?

Z-Bo is better than Pau.. He actually WON a series let alone a game for them in the playoffs.

They could just trade Gay for Iggy & have a better team

jp611
06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Deng/Watson/29th pick for Gay/25

koreancabbage
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
what do you guys think of #8+Ed Davis for Gay?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
You Laker fans think Pau Gasol can get you anyone lol... If he's so good to trade for all of these guys why not just keep him?

Z-Bo is better than Pau.. He actually WON a series let alone a game for them in the playoffs.

It's the system and the salary situation and making more room for Bynum operate.

If we were still running the triangle, then yes, keep Pau. But with Mike Brown running the show, Pau has no good place in the offense.

D12 fan
06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Just read the article that I posted. It says they're willing to match any offer for the restricted Mayo.

But I guess your the Grizz fan, so you know more about what's going on with your team. You tell. What is Memphis' main intention, especially with this new ownership.

:laugh:You can't tell that Grizz fan nothing,he knows everything about the Grizzlies organization.

D12 fan
06-11-2012, 07:38 PM
No the Grizzlies will let him walk or do a sign and trade.

He and coach Hollins don't mix well.Plus the fans and (old)owner don't want him.

Oh really,where do you get your info from?

Blitzbolt
06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
what do you guys think of #8+Ed Davis for Gay?

I think something like this is very possible but I see 1 or 2 players added from both sides

Blitzbolt
06-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh really,where do you get your info from?

Grizzlies fans,videos newspapers local Radio ECT ect..

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 07:42 PM
:laugh:You can't tell that Grizz fan nothing,he knows everything about the Grizzlies organization.

I didn't tell HIM anything. I'm just waiting for him to enlighten us with some Memphis Grizzlies news.

So...let's hear it.

Bruno
06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Three way with lakers and sixers or Bulls Pau and Iggy or Deng to memphis and the pair of ballhogs one to chi/philly the other to the lakers.

bla bla bla.

Blitzbolt
06-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I didn't tell HIM anything. I'm just waiting for him to enlighten us with some Memphis Grizzlies news.

So...let's hear it.

We just got a new owner so its hard to know but.

OJ will not be a Grizz because of the coach.
Grizzlies won't trade Rudy just to dump salary.
No one wants Pau back in Memphis.
Grizzlies will build around Marc Gasol and Mike Conley.
This is like the 50000 article that says that Rudy is not happy in Memphis we get one every offseason and before the trade dead line.

jp611
06-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Blitz what do you think of that trade offer of deng and Watson and a swap of picks for gay?

D12 fan
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM

This is like the 50000 article that says that Rudy is not happy in Memphis we get one every offseason and before the trade dead line.

What about Anderson,Redick,1rd for Gay?

Blitzbolt
06-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Blitz what do you think of that trade offer of deng and Watson and a swap of picks for gay?

With Tony Allen as our SG and Mayo leaving the lack of scoring would be to much.

We don't want a PF or C especially a 3 point shooter like Anderson we don't take or make alot of 3s.

BKLYNpigeon
06-11-2012, 08:05 PM
The Warriors are in the market for a SG. we have two 1st round and two 2nd round picks to trade. I really hope they get Rudy Gay.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 08:05 PM

How concerned are they about Rudy's shoulder? Or is that a non-issue at this point?

Chacarron
06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Iggy for Gay.

koreancabbage
06-12-2012, 01:09 AM
The Warriors are in the market for a SG. we have two 1st round and two 2nd round picks to trade. I really hope they get Rudy Gay.

cept Gay is not a SG.

Hellcrooner
06-12-2012, 03:07 AM

yes cause the suporting casts and the level of the rivals are comparable:rolleyes:

ChitownBears22
06-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Get Gay to the San Fran Warriors!!!!!!!!

Face of the franchise.

Come get Gay with us!

sunsfan88
06-12-2012, 05:50 AM

You honestly think the Lakers can rip off the Grizzlies twice in less than 4 years?

No way Grizzlies ever deal with LAL especially when it comes to a star player after the Pau trade.

gilly
06-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Iggy for Gay. NO MORE. He is no more valuable than Iggy.

Laker fans are delued with their trade ideas.

UNLESS YOU TAKE BACK A DUMB CONTRACT, NO ONE WANTS PAU.

Chavacano
06-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Gay for Granger or Iggy? :shrug:

lakersrock
06-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Pau, McRoberts, Ebanks and picks for Gay and Marc. :D

tcav701
06-12-2012, 08:36 AM
LOL

The Lakers are never gonna trade Gasol at this rate.....unless its for Rashard Lewis or Joe Johnson

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Amare for Gay

lol

Mr.ATLHawks
06-12-2012, 09:10 AM
LOL

The Lakers are never gonna trade Gasol at this rate.....unless its for Rashard Lewis or Joe Johnson

Sign me up for the Joe Johnson/GAsol swap

RLundi
06-12-2012, 10:49 AM

:facepalm:

nycericanguy
06-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Melo for Gay, Mayo & MEM's 1st rounder.

Vinylman
06-12-2012, 11:19 AM
LOL

gives me rashard and washington's number 1 this year and in 2014 and i would be happy as a pig in ****

it's not like the lakers will win again with this cast of misfits

tcav701
06-12-2012, 11:25 AM
My guess is he goes to Toronto for the #8 pick, one of their lesser wings and Calderons expiring

kenzo400
06-12-2012, 11:26 AM
My guess is he goes to Toronto for the #4 pick, one of their lesser wings and Calderons expiring

We don't have the fourth pick, only the eight.

kingsdelez24
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Tyreke and Jimmer for Gay and the 25th pick

tcav701
06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
We don't have the fourth pick, only the eight.

LOL thats what I meant. #8 pick rather.

STL Don
06-12-2012, 01:18 PM
He'd be a pretty good fit on GS.
They would become extremely quick and athletic.

goose14741
06-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Pau for gay, spain nearly took down cp3 dwill kobe wade lebron melo and dwight with the interior force of the gasol brothers. Imagine the chemistry also. Two amaxing passing big men. That would be the next step for memphis. Also zbo can be the 6th man or they can shop him for a 3 guard like granger, iggy, or pierce. the lakers also get a much needed three guard. If they can pick up k mart then they will have a strong big man rotation of bynum k mart and hill.
Grizzlies-conley allen mayo pau marc
6th man zbo
Lakers- sessions kobe gay k mart bynum
6/7 man -world peace/hill

Blitzbolt
06-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Pau for gay, spain nearly took down cp3 dwill kobe wade lebron melo and dwight with the interior force of the gasol brothers. Imagine the chemistry also. Two amaxing passing big men. That would be the next step for memphis. Also zbo can be the 6th man or they can shop him for a 3 guard like granger, iggy, or pierce. the lakers also get a much needed three guard. If they can pick up k mart then they will have a strong big man rotation of bynum k mart and hill.
Grizzlies-conley allen mayo pau marc
6th man zbo
Lakers- sessions kobe gay k mart bynum
6/7 man -world peace/hillOk let me say it AGAIN Memphis Fans hate Pau Gasol and LOVE ZBO no one wants Pau back in Memphis Especially if it means trading Rudy Gay.

Memphis won't GIVE YOU GUYS MORE RINGS GTFO.Seriously lakers fans most high or something.

MadBomber
06-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok let me say it AGAIN Memphis Fans hate Pau Gasol and LOVE ZBO no one wants Pau back in Memphis Especially if it means trading Rudy Gay.

Memphis won't GIVE YOU GUYS MORE RINGS GTFO.Seriously lakers fans most high or something.

Yah, I don't see it happening either.

Losoway
06-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Nets!!!!!!!!

dtmagnet
06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
My guess is #8 plus Kleiza or James Johnson for Gay.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
If you are the Celtics would you trade Pierce for Rudy now?