PDA

View Full Version : What Happens to Durants and Lebrons legacies if Westbrook takes the NBA's Finals MVP

SirSkyHook
06-11-2012, 03:22 PM
LeBron James has been concidered the best player in the game for some time now, but he has not been able to deliver on the biggest stage so far being 0-2 in the Finals.

Durant has the opportunity to become the face of the league if he were to outshine LeBron in this years finals by doing in his first try what LeBron could not do in three, accompanied with the fact he would be doing it against him, there would be no justifiable reasoning to not make him the standard.

Durant has been criticised about only being a shooter, and his team going only as far as Westbrook takes them. My question is, what if the Thunder win it all and Westbrooke wins the NBA Finals MVP? What does it mean for Durant's legacy being considered the best on the team, and being outshined by his Robin? Also, what does it mean for Lebron's legacy to lose again in the Finals, but this time against a less experience star in Durant?

First time poster. This question has been bugging me all weekend, and I thought maybe this sports community can give their thoughts on the matter.

Hellcrooner
06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
absolutley nothing.

wes unseld over hayes
Maxwell over bird
Worhty over Magic
Dumars over Thomas
Parker over Duncan.

It has not affected their legacys the slightest bit.

And dont worry STERN WONT LET IT HAPPEN to much money interest on durant and lebron.

Check 2010 finals to see what im talking bout.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
absolutley nothing.

wes unseld over hayes
Maxwell over bird
Worhty over Magic
Dumars over Thomas
Parker over Duncan.

And dont worry STERN WONT LET IT HAPPEN to much money interest on durant and lebron.

Again Croonie, Pau didn't do **** in the 3 middle games in Boston. He was soft as puddy and those 3 games for him were just another rendition of the 2008 finals against Boston for Pau.

Give it up. :facepalm:

ManRam
06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
I still don't think either of these guys' legacies are going to be written in stone at this young of an age. LeBron is getting close to where he has to win for the sake of his legacy, but not Durant...

So yeah. If Russy wins it I don't think it impacts KD too much. He's still a baby. If Russy wins it, that means the Heat lost, and that will start the firestorm up again for LeBron.

Either way, if anyone but those two win it, you are right: people will overreact like CRAZY.

And Crooner, I know you love Pau, but he wasn't the CLEAR Finals MVP. It was close, and there was an argument, but Kobe went for 29-8-4...it was pretty obvious, considering the notion was that the Lakers were his team, that he was going to win it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
What if Bosh wins it?

JordansBulls
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Not going to matter for them to try to get into the top 10 all time. Might be a problem though for the top 3-4 all time though.

lakerboy
06-11-2012, 03:51 PM
What if Bosh wins it?

If Bosh wins it, any MVP awards will lose its value. Lebron and Wade would be so upset they'd probably throw their MVP awards to the garbage can.

mjm07
06-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Nothing will happen to Durant. Just cement the fact that Westbrook is a superstar/elite player which i think he is without the FMVP.

It'll be worse for LBJ cuz that would mean OKC won the 'ship. More fuel for the anti-Bron fans.

Hopefully it goes to Bron.

Kobe2324
06-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I dont think it affects their legacy at all, it just means westbrook had a hell of a finals that's all...but I think Durant will get it...

IndyRealist
06-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Shane Battier ftw.

Lakeshow24KB
06-11-2012, 04:21 PM
What if Bosh wins it?

Lolol watch him drop fifty a game

SirSkyHook
06-11-2012, 04:40 PM
So if Wade gets it this year its dosent hurt Lebrons legacy seeing that he left to play on Wade's team while being considered the best in the game?

You dont think Durant will be taken down a notch for his Robin taking it either?

Now Iv read many threads before i decided to join and there's also a active thread declaring Lebron as better than Kobe career wise, where a poster mentioned Kobe's rings and another said three of Kobe's rings are Shaq's. Does this logic not hold for these two or are they given a pass?

Magic is my favorite player, followed by Kobe and I think theyre two of the three best players ever and theyve both had teammates win Finals MVP's in place of them, so I have no problem with it happening. I just have a problem with double standards, and Shaq winning over Kobe despite Kobe carrying the team there throug the harder West has left Kob open for unfair criticism, same goes for Magic and having Worthy and Kareem get Finals MVP. The thought of players today getting passes bugs me.

Theres was a time win being the best meant youve taken your team to the promise land as its leader. You didnt have to always do it thats unrealistic to do it every year, even Jordan took a break lol, but players these days can put up amazing numbers and that mattering more then winning bugs me.

I feel that if Lebron or Durant dosent win the NBA's Final MVP this year then the title for leagues best player is still in limbo, because I cant in all good consicious says its Kobe still with his decline, but I cant give it to those two either if they play subpar basketball, or get outshined by Robin's.

I dont think It will hurt their overall legacies but than I dont know, it sometimes hurts my favorite players.

AntiG
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Again Croonie, Pau didn't do **** in the 3 middle games in Boston. He was soft as puddy and those 3 games for him were just another rendition of the 2008 finals against Boston for Pau.

Eh, Kobe was pretty bad throughout the 2010 series vs the C's and did not deserve the MVP at all... it was kinda like the Peyton Manning undeserved SB MVP where they settled and awarded it to the most famous star on the winning team. I'm one of the biggest haters of Gasoft, but he deserved that MVP.

AntiG
06-11-2012, 04:49 PM
What if Bosh wins it?

I could easily see Harden winning it, or at least deserving to.

Lord Leoshes
06-11-2012, 04:56 PM
I could easily see Harden winning it, or at least deserving to.

Sorry but Eddy Curry will win FMVP. :clap:

LA_Raiders
06-11-2012, 07:39 PM
nothing, but westbrick is pretty good. I can see him wining it. Who is going to guard him???

willabeast77
06-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I could see Westbrook trying to win the Finals MVP, by him taking far more shots than usual and passing less to Durant. Westbrook may cost the Thunder a game or two with potential bad decision making, costly TO's, forced shots and ball-hogging. I know he struggled shooting against Miami during the regular season but that was different. Both completely different teams right now compared to the regular season.

D-Leethal
06-11-2012, 07:43 PM
It will do more for the legacy Westbrook than it will detract from the legacy of KD.

To be honest I've never seen a player that plays so stupid have some much early success.

b@llhog24
06-11-2012, 07:49 PM
i could easily see harden winning it, or at least deserving to.

+1.

Forever35
06-11-2012, 08:13 PM
MVP trophies are easily forgotten like the losing team in the finals... NBA championships for Lebron or KD will never be forgotten...

ThunderousDemon
06-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Pau deserved the 2010 finals MVP

SirSkyHook
06-12-2012, 04:50 AM
absolutley nothing.

wes unseld over hayes
Maxwell over bird
Worhty over Magic
Dumars over Thomas
Parker over Duncan.

Am I missing something?...

Kobe Bryant 28.6pts 8.0rebs 4.0ast 2.1stls 0.7blks
Pau Gasol 18.6pts 11.6rebs 3.7ast 0.7stls 2.6blks

Had Pau showed up in Boston the Lakers could have won in 5 and he would have had a better chance to get a MVP. He had a great game 7 but was hit and miss the rest of the series.

YoungOne
06-12-2012, 05:06 AM
wont happen anyway.

new york blue
06-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Go Eddy!

setman2000
06-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Really. Dumb. Thread.

SirSkyHook
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Really. Dumb. Thread.

Explain........ The two best players in the game being declared the best in the game without actualy proving they are the best on the highest level. Lebron has went 0-2 in the finals, and Durant could have been in already had he not let his Robin take over games last year.

If their sidekicks takes the trophy many will attack their legacy like they did with Kobe's legacy even though Kobe was'nt considered the among the best in the game, and only considered as a sidekick until his second run to the finals.

Like how even though Magic took over his rookie year when Kareem went down people call the team Kareems. I still have friends today who say it was only showtime becuase thats what the media wanted, and that the team went as far as Kareem took em. Even though Magic went to the finals with Divac and a injured Worthy, they say his legacy is questioned.

You say this is a stupid thread, but i think its a fair question and a good topic for discussion. How in the world does two proven players lagacy get so picked apart, yet two unproven players players get a pass in a age when players legacy is scrutinized the most.

If this question is to complicated for you please just dont comment, because when you reply with this is stupid, or "really dumb thread" without showing why it is you just look like a child struggling with hard equation.

JordansBulls
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
nothing, but westbrick is pretty good. I can see him wining it. Who is going to guard him???

Why do you keep calling him Westbrick?

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Eh, Kobe was pretty bad throughout the 2010 series vs the C's and did not deserve the MVP at all... it was kinda like the Peyton Manning undeserved SB MVP where they settled and awarded it to the most famous star on the winning team. I'm one of the biggest haters of Gasoft, but he deserved that MVP.

Lol if I remember correctly some of the media outlets like espn were even thinking that if the lakers still lost that series the MVP should have still Gone to Kobe!