PDA

View Full Version : The future is bright - 2012 Jays minor league thread 3.0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

StealingSigns
06-11-2012, 05:40 AM
And. Go.

blujaysrock
06-11-2012, 07:23 AM
How's Moises Sierra, and Jacob Anderson doing?

Krylian
06-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Sierra's doing pretty well in Vegas. Anderson is in EST. His season is likely to start in about a week (depending on which teams he's assigned to...I'm guessing Bluefield).

statquo
06-11-2012, 09:34 AM
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-watch-060812/

Quote:
Deck McGuire, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays
Current Level: AA
2012 Top 15 Prospects Ranking: 8th
Current Value: Plummeting

In recent years the Toronto organization has become known for rolling the dice on high-ceiling amateur talent when it comes to the annual draft. The club has at times, though, has attempted to hedge its bets with some “safe” college arms. Unfortunately, the team has been snake-bitten while trying to develop highly-drafted college pitchers, such as Chad Jenkins and McGuire. The Georgia Tech ace was selected 11th overall in 2010 but has hit a wall at double-A. He currently sports a 6.83 ERA and has allowed 65 hits and eight home runs in 59.1 innings. His control has been OK this year but his command has been noticeably off. His strikeout rate is just 5.96 K/9, down about 3 Ks per nine innings over 2011. McGuire, 23, doesn’t have the most dynamic stuff and projects to develop into a No. 3 starter at best, but things are looking bleak even for that outlook. This is definitely not the type of return that you hope for from a top college pitcher who was handed more than $2 million to go pro.

AA09-?
06-11-2012, 09:47 AM

Your sig is making me hungry.

AA09-?
06-11-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-watch-060812/

Unfortunate to see Deck's trade value dropping.:(

Krylian
06-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Unfortunate to see Deck's trade value dropping.:(

Unfortunate, but expected by many.

ILDD
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM

I'll be honest, I don't think lots of people thought he would completely fall off a cliff.

I may be remembering it wrongly but I thought the consensus opinion on both him and Jenkins was "solid, unspectacular pitcher - very likely to make mlb but has a ceiling of a #3 or #4/5 on a contending team". They looked to me to be pitching versions of David Cooper, solid but utterly unremarkable.

Not saying they would be worthless, just not the sort of player that anybody would ever be mentioned in trade rumours.

AA09-?
06-11-2012, 11:33 AM

I don't think anyone saw this drastic of a drop coming.

AA09-?
06-11-2012, 11:34 AM
I'll be honest, I don't think lots of people thought he would completely fall off a cliff.

I may be remembering it wrongly but I thought the consensus opinion on both him and Jenkins was "solid, unspectacular pitcher - very likely to make mlb but has a ceiling of a #3 or #4/5 on a contending team". They looked to me to be pitching versions of David Cooper, solid but utterly unremarkable.

Not saying they would be worthless, just not the sort of player that anybody would ever be mentioned in trade rumours.

Are you saying that mediocrity can't be traded?

ILDD
06-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Are you saying that mediocrity can't be traded?

No, just saying all he trade rumours tend to be star players. More people (fans and media alike) talk about King Felix getting traded rather than Jeff Francis.

bartron_44
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
On a side note, Adam Lind is still performing very well in AAA. He went 4-5 with 2 more doubles last night, and is hitting .405 over his 21 games in the minors. the most important thing to me though, is that he is hitting .381 off of left handed pitching. He isn't hitting HR's, but he appears to have found his stroke.

TDA went 3-5 last night with a double
Gose went 2-5 with a double

In NH, McDade went 1-3 with a double and 2 walks, and Sam Dyson threw 2 relief innings of perfect baseball (with 0 K's..)

Does anyone know what happened to Cecil in his last start? He only only gave up 1 hit, but only went 3 innings..Did he get injured or something? I know no one really cares about him anymore, but he if has found his velocity to go with his new fitness, he good be a valuable trade chip imo with his experience at the big league level.

StayOnBoard
06-11-2012, 12:03 PM
On a side note, Adam Lind is still performing very well in AAA. He went 4-5 with 2 more doubles last night, and is hitting .405 over his 21 games in the minors. the most important thing to me though, is that he is hitting .381 off of left handed pitching. He isn't hitting HR's, but he appears to have found his stroke.

TDA went 3-5 last night with a double
Gose went 2-5 with a double

In NH, McDade went 1-3 with a double and 2 walks, and Sam Dyson threw 2 relief innings of perfect baseball (with 0 K's..)

Does anyone know what happened to Cecil in his last start? He only only gave up 1 hit, but only went 3 innings..Did he get injured or something? I know no one really cares about him anymore, but he if has found his velocity to go with his new fitness, he good be a valuable trade chip imo with his experience at the big league level.

Sadly I don't think Cecil would be anymore more than a throw in or 4th player in any major deal the Jays make. Not saying he doesn't have any value but I can't imagine him being any piece to a trade. Not sure what happened to him though at his last start, Ill try to google and see if I can find it :)

jester00
06-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Sadly I don't think Cecil would be anymore more than a throw in or 4th player in any major deal the Jays make. Not saying he doesn't have any value but I can't imagine him being any piece to a trade. Not sure what happened to him though at his last start, Ill try to google and see if I can find it :)

I believe there was either a rain delay or the game was suspended in Cecil's last start.

LuckyLuke2
06-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I am disappointed in McGuire. He was projected (when drafted) to be an innings eater type of pitcher who was not far away from being MLB ready. Kind of like a Hutchinson.

His numbers with AA are brutal. I mean the Jays have been lucky with prospects this year, most pitching ones have performed well.

My question is tho, I cannot find stats on Daniel Norris, Kevin Comer, Adonys Cardona and Joe Musgrove. Anybody know how they're doing? esp Norris.

jester00
06-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I am disappointed in McGuire. He was projected (when drafted) to be an innings eater type of pitcher who was not far away from being MLB ready. Kind of like a Hutchinson.

His numbers with AA are brutal. I mean the Jays have been lucky with prospects this year, most pitching ones have performed well.

My question is tho, I cannot find stats on Daniel Norris, Kevin Comer, Adonys Cardona and Joe Musgrove. Anybody know how they're doing? esp Norris.

All of the above pitchers were in extended spring training and will be starting there seasons with one of the short season terms, likely either Vancouver or Bluefield.

Krylian
06-11-2012, 12:54 PM

They don't keep official stats in EST. Batter's Box posted some the other day though.

LuckyLuke2
06-11-2012, 01:01 PM
All of the above pitchers were in extended spring training and will be starting there seasons with one of the short season terms, likely either Vancouver or Bluefield.

Okay makes sense. I wasn't sure how it worked.

They don't keep official stats in EST. Batter's Box posted some the other day though.

Ahh okay thank you. Just was very curious to know how those guys were doing.

Dol-Fan
06-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Notes from yesterday's Vegas game:

First inning…didn’t see it but Gose gets on with a bunt single, Diaz in for Hech and he’s out. Adam Lind drives in Gose with a double, and d’Arnaud gets a base hit. Eric Thames with a fly ball and Lind is out at home.

Second inning was 3-up-3-down. Bottom of the order. Meh.

Third inning I start watching…Paul Phillips catching today and batting 9th. TdA is DH. Phillips out on a weak fly ball to left. Gose up, takes two strikes. First one was a fastball and most certainly hittable. Down 0-2 takes a breaking pitch in the dirt, and hits the next pitch to deep deft-centre. May have been a fly ball out in some parks, it really seemed to carry and didn’t seem that he had hit it so far off the bat. It’s a double, nevertheless. If nothing else, Gose looks fierce on the base paths. He wears his socks real high and dances around quite a bit. He’s got a couple of turns from the pitcher, certainly has his attention. Opposite field base hit for Lind. Solid contact on a line. d’Arnaud to the plate with the bases loaded. 1 out. Travis takes the first pitch, offspeed down and in. He fouls back the next into the stands. Swings through a fastball and then takes another pitch down and in. Fouls one more back, takes another ball, and then rips one to the left-centre gap. It goes right to the wall and it’s a double and two score. I thought it could have been gone off the bat. He’s got a good eye, one ball that he took was down and in, a fastball just a hair off the plate. Thames pops out to left near the foul line. Ricardo Nanita grounds out and this inning is now over.

The big guns came through in that inning. Travis d’Arnaud, Lind, and Gose put the 51s ahead 3-1.

Lol. Thames is just as bad in Triple A. Loses the ball in the sun after looking like he had it…it was so shallow, though, that he actually got the runner going to third! Ricardo Nanita with a decent diving catch. He had to make a pretty good run before getting there. Eric Thames records another out on the fly ball!

Gose up to the plate, takes a first pitch offspeed. Strike one. Whacks the next pitch down the right field line and it’s just foul. He takes two pitches that are nowhere near the plate and then lines the next one to the shortstop. It wasn’t hit incredibly hard but if he had gotten a bit more lift on it, it may have split the outfielders.

This just in: Scott Richmond sucks. Two straight innings where he’s walked the first batter. Looks like Drabek out there but minus all the good ‘stuff’. Fly out to Perales and then one more…the second one he makes a great sliding catch in the opposition’s bullpen. Great grab. That’s his second nice catch of the game.

Nothing much happens in the next Vegas turn. d’Arnaud came up with two out, took a ball, took a strike on the outside corner, swung through a breaking ball, took one more ball, and then flew out to right-centre.

Gose shows bunt on the first pitch in the seventh. Works the count 2-2 and then strikes out looking on an inside breaking pitch. Should have certainly swung and at least fouls it off. He was facing a lefty, and has some trouble with their breaking pitches it seems.

This is where I stopped watching as it was time to step out for a bit.

lexecutioner
06-11-2012, 01:32 PM
as always Dol appreciate it. Feels like i never missed a beat. :clap:

StayOnBoard
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Notes from yesterday's Vegas game:

First inning…didn’t see it but Gose gets on with a bunt single, Diaz in for Hech and he’s out. Adam Lind drives in Gose with a double, and d’Arnaud gets a base hit. Eric Thames with a fly ball and Lind is out at home.

Second inning was 3-up-3-down. Bottom of the order. Meh.

Third inning I start watching…Paul Phillips catching today and batting 9th. TdA is DH. Phillips out on a weak fly ball to left. Gose up, takes two strikes. First one was a fastball and most certainly hittable. Down 0-2 takes a breaking pitch in the dirt, and hits the next pitch to deep deft-centre. May have been a fly ball out in some parks, it really seemed to carry and didn’t seem that he had hit it so far off the bat. It’s a double, nevertheless. If nothing else, Gose looks fierce on the base paths. He wears his socks real high and dances around quite a bit. He’s got a couple of turns from the pitcher, certainly has his attention. Opposite field base hit for Lind. Solid contact on a line. d’Arnaud to the plate with the bases loaded. 1 out. Travis takes the first pitch, offspeed down and in. He fouls back the next into the stands. Swings through a fastball and then takes another pitch down and in. Fouls one more back, takes another ball, and then rips one to the left-centre gap. It goes right to the wall and it’s a double and two score. I thought it could have been gone off the bat. He’s got a good eye, one ball that he took was down and in, a fastball just a hair off the plate. Thames pops out to left near the foul line. Ricardo Nanita grounds out and this inning is now over.

The big guns came through in that inning. Travis d’Arnaud, Lind, and Gose put the 51s ahead 3-1.

Lol. Thames is just as bad in Triple A. Loses the ball in the sun after looking like he had it…it was so shallow, though, that he actually got the runner going to third! Ricardo Nanita with a decent diving catch. He had to make a pretty good run before getting there. Eric Thames records another out on the fly ball!

Gose up to the plate, takes a first pitch offspeed. Strike one. Whacks the next pitch down the right field line and it’s just foul. He takes two pitches that are nowhere near the plate and then lines the next one to the shortstop. It wasn’t hit incredibly hard but if he had gotten a bit more lift on it, it may have split the outfielders.

This just in: Scott Richmond sucks. Two straight innings where he’s walked the first batter. Looks like Drabek out there but minus all the good ‘stuff’. Fly out to Perales and then one more…the second one he makes a great sliding catch in the opposition’s bullpen. Great grab. That’s his second nice catch of the game.

Nothing much happens in the next Vegas turn. d’Arnaud came up with two out, took a ball, took a strike on the outside corner, swung through a breaking ball, took one more ball, and then flew out to right-centre.

Gose shows bunt on the first pitch in the seventh. Works the count 2-2 and then strikes out looking on an inside breaking pitch. Should have certainly swung and at least fouls it off. He was facing a lefty, and has some trouble with their breaking pitches it seems.

This is where I stopped watching as it was time to step out for a bit.

Thanks for the updates good sir :clap:

bartron_44
06-11-2012, 02:47 PM
How good is Andy burns?

I realize he is struggling over the past week or so, but he is hitting .270/.370/.890 as a SS with 7 HR's, 3 triples and 22 doubles in just 56 games (196 AB's). He had an OPS of 1.051 in May, and has hit both left handed and right handed pitching so far this season. He has been a bit streaky for sure, but if he hits 15 HR's with 5 triples and 40+ doubles and an OBP of .370, as a middle infielder that is some solid production....

any word on his defense?

BlueJayFanDan
06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
So do you guys still think Mike McDade is a crap prospect, or are you guys finally giving him some respect?

bomber0104
06-11-2012, 03:47 PM
So do you guys still think Mike McDade is a crap prospect, or are you guys finally giving him some respect?

nice to see the BB and K rate move in the right direction but you got to remember that he is in his second full year in AA and is still showing very little power for a 1B (.183 ISO)

bartron_44
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM

I have been one of the few giving him respect for the past couple years. He is steadily improving at the dish, and is supposed to be a plus defender.

I am not so worried about his ISO like bomber mentioned...just his ability to hit left handed pitching. He just hit 8 HR's in the month of May, so he has some pop. However, he still needs to learn how to hit left handed pitching better if he wants to play everyday. His left handed swing seems ready to play(.344/.426/.972), but he still stinks at hitting right handed (.207/.288/.633)...

If McDade doesn't start hitting left handed pitching, I think they should convert him into a full time left handed batter, and see if he can learn how to hit lefties that way.

Krylian
06-11-2012, 05:15 PM

Never thought he was crap...just didn't think he was great. He's a solid prospect...his walk numbers have improved substantially this year and that's an excellent sign for him.

Krylian
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
How good is Andy burns?

I realize he is struggling over the past week or so, but he is hitting .270/.370/.890 as a SS with 7 HR's, 3 triples and 22 doubles in just 56 games (196 AB's). He had an OPS of 1.051 in May, and has hit both left handed and right handed pitching so far this season. He has been a bit streaky for sure, but if he hits 15 HR's with 5 triples and 40+ doubles and an OBP of .370, as a middle infielder that is some solid production....

any word on his defense?

From what I've read his defense is solid. A more athletic Aaron Hill is the comparison I've heard with Burns when he was drafted.

town123
06-11-2012, 05:43 PM
How good is Andy burns?

any word on his defense?

Not sure he will be able to stick at SS. Textbook form, steady glove with a good arm. I would put him in the middle of the pack for SS in the league. There are faster players with quicker releases and same quality arm. I like his bat though.

Dol-Fan
06-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Never thought he was crap...just didn't think he was great. He's a solid prospect...his walk numbers have improved substantially this year and that's an excellent sign for him.

It is but he's still lacking a bit of power. The home runs are up, though, which is nice and I think the doubles will come around because that's always been his thing. A switch-hitting 1B with solid D is a nice start. If he can maintain the walks and power as he moves up through the system, he could be a solid player. NH isn't an easy place to hit and he is tearing it up this year.

Dol-Fan
06-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Lansing
Nicolino 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 6 K (3 GO, 0 FO)
Sanchez 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K (4 GO, 0 FO)
Not much else happened. Perez took 2 walks. Hawkins had a double. Hobson a HR.

As always the Lansing lineup is a bit boring. Some decent bats in there but nothing to get too worked up over. Interesting that Nicolino and Sanchez seemed to split roles for a night. Nicolino with a Sanchez-like line and vice versa. I'm not sure why Sanchez left after 2. Perhaps he reached his pitch count. Hopefully he's not injured.

Dunedin
Nolin 6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
Marisnick 0-4, 2 K
Snider 0-3, BB, K
Crouse 0-2, BB

no game for New Hampshire

Las Vegas
I picked a horrible day not to watch :( My girlfriend was off work and for some reason doesn't like it when I sit on the couch with the Vegas game on my laptop and another baseball game on the TV...I wonder why...

Anyway, what an offensive showing...may as well go through the order 1-9
Gose 2-5 (no walks or Ks)
Hech 2-4, 2B, BB
Lind 3-5, 2 HR (6 RBI), K
Guerrero 4-5, 3B (I am shocked, since he hasn't exactly been running hard)
d'Arnaud 2-5, 2B, HR
Thames 0-4, 2 K (what a plug...)
Sierra 3-5, 2B

Kevin Howard and Jon Diaz are the 8-9, so who cares what they did.

MrForever
06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Vegas has a stacked line up... And that's without snider, cooper and Gomes hahha.

JMac4PM
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
How good is Andy burns?

any word on his defense?

He was my sleeper pick for a prospect to break out this year... Jays are building em self some good SS depth with Burns and Goins both breaking out this year.

Dol-Fan
06-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I forgot to post this...but Travis Snider was on the Fan 590 the other night and I took some notes...

Wrist feeling good, test it out on some swings. Good results. No pain. Looking to begin playing but Dunedin has been rained out. Had to just move past the demotion to AAA, could have been an opportunity to succeed with the Blue Jays but it was completely out of his control. Been through his fair share of ups and downs with injuries and all. Hope to get a few games down in Dunedin and then “get things moving.” Wants to win championship in Toronto. He is thankful for all of the support that he gets from everyone. Goal is to be there long-term and be part of a championship team.

Has this season been the roughest?

No…probably the easiest…he’s been swinging well and unfortunately got an injury but he knows what it’s like to be sent down so that didn’t bother him. He was just glad to be hitting well. Just focused on hitting in Vegas and not even thinking about Toronto.

Biggest difference between you at 24 and you at 20?

Understanding how decisions are made and certain things you just can’t control. Can’t think about what people are thinking, have you realize that it’s all a business and you have to just focus on playing your game.

Regrets with baseball?

No, last few years he’s lived his life to the fullest. Experiences he’s gaining now is going to be more beneficial for him in the long run. He’s comfortable with what he’s experienced and thinks it will prepare him for a solid career.

Ex-teammate or coach that you rely on most?

Chad Mottola. :speechless: (my reaction)

He understands what Travis wants to change and has a high level of trust with Chad, have a guy who is one of the best hitting coaches, the best he’s been around, but also the one of the best personalities. He can relate to anybody. Having Mottola in Travis’ corner has made him so much better, wants him ‘in his corner’ for as long as he (Mottola) is with us.

Perspective on life stuff with tragic death when he was 18…? Do you help people on the team when they go through issues?

Didn’t really listen…

What if you didn’t play in Toronto all season?

Can’t control it…

----------------------

There was more but I only took down the stuff that I cared about.

bomber0104
06-12-2012, 12:51 PM
this organization's biggest mistake was given Thames the starting LF job.. its amazing that professional decision makers can't see things that the average fan can see from a mile away..

startign with the Coco signing to the Thames decision

bartron_44
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Lind actually went 3-5 with 2 HR's and a 2B.....He has 23 RBI's now in only 22 games, and an OPS of 1.134. I think Mottola has him straightened out..He is now hitting over .400 with an OPS over 1.090 against both lefties and righties. If he is back to hitting well, we don't need Vladdy.

If EE can play LF and Adam Lind is able to hit lefties again, we could simply DH Lind to keep him healthy, and have Cooper play 1B to give us a pretty solid lineup....with a solid bench of Davis,Gomes, Visquel and Mathis.

I think Coello or someone needs to be released to get Adam Lind back up in Toronto soon. I think he has put in his dues now at AAA and is ready to produce.

Krylian
06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
this organization's biggest mistake was given Thames the starting LF job.. its amazing that professional decision makers can't see things that the average fan can see from a mile away..

An average fan wanted to shoot Encarnacion out of a cannon this time last year, and many wanted Morrow moved out or moved to the pen. Average fans only remember the stuff they get right.

MrForever
06-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree Lind deserves a chance back up with he big club. Why not right? We don't have much to lose at this point. Maybe put him back in LF because coop deserves to stay up.

Lawrie
Rasmus
Bautista
Encarnacion
Johnson
Lind
Cooper
Escobar
Arencibia

Meh.

es0terik
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
An average fan wanted to shoot Encarnacion out of a cannon this time last year, and many wanted Morrow moved out or moved to the pen. Average fans only remember the stuff they get right.

:clap:

I agree Lind deserves a chance back up with he big club. Why not right?

WOW! LOL :laugh:

bomber0104
06-12-2012, 02:28 PM

EE's fortunes changed because some dude outside the organization helped him change his swing... if it was up to murphy, EE would still be horrible.

as for morrow, only an idiot would have wanted him gone

Krylian
06-12-2012, 02:32 PM
EE's fortunes changed because some dude outside the organization helped him change his swing... if it was up to murphy, EE would still be horrible.

as for morrow, only an idiot would have wanted him gone

Doesn't matter if a Klingon beamed down and helped him with his mechanics...fact is he's a completely different player.

Wanting a player gone because of the who the coaches are around him is not any kind of argument. We're talking about the player and his talents.

I wanted E5 gone in the worst way...difference is, I can admit I was wrong and didn't see this coming. Many others...and you know who you are...can't admit when they're wrong.

Converged
06-12-2012, 02:37 PM
I wanted E5 gone in the worst way...difference is, I can admit I was wrong and didn't see this coming. Many others...and you know who you are...can't admit when they're wrong.

Bingo! :clap:

jon32
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Exactly . Everybody knew Thames ceiling was Sniders floor. Dunno if they thought Thames didnt have any more room for growth and maybe Snider did so they decided to let Snider develop at AAA more , but ****........Snider has the ability to be a difference maker , shoulda been up from day 1....last year

Krylian
06-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Cecil is starting tonight for Vegas. Wonder if there are any velocity reports with him yet. If he's really in the running for taking Morrow's spot then I should a bit more of an interest in how his stuff is progressing, aside from what Farrell has said.

DeRozan10
06-12-2012, 11:52 PM
d'arnaud 3-3 with a bomb and 3 rbi's already tonight.

now hitting above 340

please switch him with Arenciba ASAP

StealingSigns
06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
So far Cecil has scattered seven hits (no walks) in a 6-0 game. 51's lineup smashing the ball around again tonight...

StealingSigns
06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
lol...

Jesus Merchan singles on a soft fly ball to right fielder Eric Thames

Some things never change...

StealingSigns
06-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Up until this point Cecill appeared to have been cruising. 89 pitches: 63 strikes.

Tucson is touching him up here in the seventh though.

Johann
06-13-2012, 12:17 AM
d'arnaud 3-3 with a bomb and 3 rbi's already tonight.

now hitting above 340

please switch him with Arenciba ASAP

I think we're going to trade JPA before the deadline and call D'Arnaud up, splitting time with Mathis.

bartron_44
06-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Pretty boring night in the minors...accept for the hitters in Vegas.....again.

Gose: 3-4 with a 2B and a BB
D'Arnaud: 4-5 with a 2B and a HR
Lind: 2-4 with a 2B,BB and a HR
Sierra: 2-2 with 2 BB's and a HR

Also, Cecil didn't give up a run until the 7th inning and had 6 K's with 0 BB's.
I don't know what he did at the end of April while he was out, but ever since May 9th when he came back he has looked like the Cecil that won 15 games in 2010. If nothing else, he is making himself a valuable trade piece again.

Krylian
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Pretty boring night in the minors...accept for the hitters in Vegas.....again.

Gose: 3-4 with a 2B and a BB
D'Arnaud: 4-5 with a 2B and a HR
Lind: 2-4 with a 2B,BB and a HR
Sierra: 2-2 with 2 BB's and a HR

Also, Cecil didn't give up a run until the 7th inning and had 6 K's with 0 BB's.
I don't know what he did at the end of April while he was out, but ever since May 9th when he came back he has looked like the Cecil that won 15 games in 2010. If nothing else, he is making himself a valuable trade piece again.

Jesus Tinoco went 5 perfect innings yesterday striking out 7. He was a 2011 IFA signee last summer...for $400K. Just turned 17 in April.

StayOnBoard
06-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Jesus Tinoco went 5 perfect innings yesterday striking out 7. He was a 2011 IFA signee last summer...for $400K. Just turned 17 in April.

Very cool - thanks for that bit of info....

Man, I would give anything to see TDA called up and JPA traded in a deal for a 1st baseman or SP.

AA09-?
06-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Very cool - thanks for that bit of info....

Man, I would give anything to see TDA called up and JPA traded in a deal for a 1st baseman or SP.

It seems almost inevitable that within the next month and a half or so that will happen.

bartron_44
06-13-2012, 05:24 PM

When they signed him Baseball America had him at 6'3 198:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2011/11/blue-jays-reds-sign-venezuelan-pitchers/

"Tinoco, who is from Maturin, is 6-foot-3, 198 pounds with a loose arm, good delivery and a heavy fastball that touches 91 mph. Some scouts project him as a potential power pitcher and he already has advanced feel for his mid-to-high 70s curveball. Tinoco trained with Ciro Barrios, who also represented 2011 Blue Jays signings Wuilmer Becerra and Jesus Gonzalez, both outfielders."

The kid is 6'4 now, and only weighs 190 pounds... So he has grown an inch, and lost 8 pounds since we signed him...lol He just turned 17, and may still grow a few more inches before he's done...I wonder how hard he is throwing now......

StayOnBoard
06-13-2012, 05:58 PM
It seems almost inevitable that within the next month and a half or so that will happen.

I sincerely hope so, but I don't want to get dizzy with excitement until it's official ;)

bartron_44
06-13-2012, 06:38 PM
I think Jesse Hernandez needs to be moved up to Dunedin or NH. He will be 24 in august, and is beating up the midwest league. He should be about 8-3 with an ERA of 2.29 and WHIP of 0.992.

Krylian
06-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I think Jesse Hernandez needs to be moved up to Dunedin or NH. He will be 24 in august, and is beating up the midwest league. He should be about 8-3 with an ERA of 2.29 and WHIP of 0.992.

He's a Casey Lawrence to me. A non-factor.

town123
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM

He's crafty but I'm not so sure he can continue against better hitters.

bartron_44
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
What about promoting McDade to AAA? His line so far this year in AA is .319/.395/.908 with 11 HR's in 61 games. He has struggled in his 60 AB's against left handers this year, but he has 32 RBI's with an OBP over .400 over his last 39 games, and is absolutely mashing right handed pitching.

I think he could add another potent bat to that foolish lineup in AAA.

I would also like to see Goins rewarded for his great first half and promoted to the PCL

Gose-CF
Hech-SS
D'Arnaud-C
Lind- DH
Gomes-3B
McDade-1B
Snider-LF
Sierra-RF
Goins-2B

:)

Krylian
06-14-2012, 09:47 PM
When they signed him Baseball America had him at 6'3 198:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2011/11/blue-jays-reds-sign-venezuelan-pitchers/

"Tinoco, who is from Maturin, is 6-foot-3, 198 pounds with a loose arm, good delivery and a heavy fastball that touches 91 mph. Some scouts project him as a potential power pitcher and he already has advanced feel for his mid-to-high 70s curveball. Tinoco trained with Ciro Barrios, who also represented 2011 Blue Jays signings Wuilmer Becerra and Jesus Gonzalez, both outfielders."

The kid is 6'4 now, and only weighs 190 pounds... So he has grown an inch, and lost 8 pounds since we signed him...lol He just turned 17, and may still grow a few more inches before he's done...I wonder how hard he is throwing now......

Think I read in BA earlier this year that he's gained a tick or two on the FB since signing.

Bob Loblaw
06-14-2012, 11:22 PM
What about promoting McDade to AAA? His line so far this year in AA is .319/.395/.908 with 11 HR's in 61 games. He has struggled in his 60 AB's against left handers this year, but he has 32 RBI's with an OBP over .400 over his last 39 games, and is absolutely mashing right handed pitching.

I would also like to see Goins rewarded for his great first half and promoted to the PCL

Gose-CF
Hech-SS
D'Arnaud-C
Lind- DH
Gomes-3B
McDade-1B
Snider-LF
Sierra-RF
Goins-2B

so Thames goes from batting 5th for the Jays to a bench role in AAA lol

Krylian
06-14-2012, 11:39 PM
so Thames goes from batting 5th for the Jays to a bench role in AAA lol

Should give him lots of time to make sure his facial hair is well groomed.

Tmath
06-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Alford & Davis:

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20120614/SPORTS/120613019

Monkefied
06-15-2012, 03:58 AM
Does anyone know what Javier Avendano throws?

His numbers are decent in Lansing this year.

1.48 era with 39 SO in only 30.1 innings.

He was a starter for the last couple of years with okay numbers, I have to think if he throws 91+ AA will try him out as a starter again.

Toxeryll
06-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Does anyone know what Javier Avendano throws?

His numbers are decent in Lansing this year.

1.48 era with 39 SO in only 30.1 innings.

He was a starter for the last couple of years with okay numbers, I have to think if he throws 91+ AA will try him out as a starter again.

high 80s fastball

Krylian
06-15-2012, 08:36 AM
high 80s fastball

Touches 90...but has a plus curveball from what I've been able to find.

AA09-?
06-15-2012, 10:12 AM

Gose-CF
Hech-SS
D'Arnaud-C
Lind- DH
Gomes-3B
McDade-1B
Snider-LF
Sierra-RF
Goins-2B

I think he'll get called up to AAA when and if Lind gets recalled to the Jays.

AA09-?
06-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Chad Jenkins pulled a Romero yesterday by walking 5 thru 6 innings but managed to limit Richmond to just one earned run.

Sanyo
06-15-2012, 03:12 PM
McDade deserves a promotion for sure now...

es0terik
06-15-2012, 03:15 PM
:facepalm:

fatkev78
06-15-2012, 04:48 PM
John Stilson was just promoted to AA.

1hardcore
06-15-2012, 05:07 PM

by default..

coz of cecil.

es0terik
06-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Adam Lind

TORONTO -- It's not easy going from a middle-of-the-order bat on a big league club to a place you haven't been in years -- the Minor Leagues -- but that's what Adam Lind is experiencing.

Luckily for him, he has the support of Las Vegas 51s hitting coach Chad Mottola, who knows all about the ups and downs of the game.

Mottola was drafted ahead of Derek Jeter in 1992 and went from being one of baseball's biggest prospects to a player who struggled to stay in the Major Leagues. He battled through the same experiences as Lind, and he's fully confident that Lind will get back to the highest level and become the successful hitter who clubbed 35 homers, drove in 114 runs, and batted .305 en route to a Silver Slugger Award in 2009.

"I told him he needed to be himself again," Mottola said. "He needed to get that slow, natural rhythm back, get his hands there early. It has been good to watch because he has a smile on the baseball field again. Knowing Adam, that is a big step for him. If he just laughs and has fun and makes the game a game again -- which is hard to do -- he will be fine."

Lind was optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas and then placed on outright waivers after hitting .186 with a .586 OPS over 118 at-bats with the Blue Jays to start this season.

It wasn't just Lind's numbers that prompted the demotion, however, according to Blue Jays manager John Farrell. Toronto saw limitations to Lind's range at first base and wondered whether his conditioning played a factor in that.

To Lind's credit, he has gone on a tear in the hitter-friendly Pacific Coast League. Through his first 24 games, Lind sports a .421 average, six home runs, 25 RBIs and a 1.181 OPS. Lind declined an interview request through a team spokesperson, but Mottola said Lind has handled the transition quite fine, and his adjustments are evident.

"He's been great from Day 1," Mottola said. "He came down ready to work on things. He's such a natural hitter. He got mechanical up there [in the big leagues] and then he got to a place he had never been in his career and didn't really have anywhere to turn."

Lind isn't the only 51s player that has caught the attention of Mottola. Two of Toronto's Top 20 prospects -- Travis d'Arnaud and Anthony Gose -- have made tremendous strides and are enjoying strong 2012 campaigns.

Travis d'Arnaud

d'Arnaud got off to a slow start at Vegas, but Mottola was never overly concerned about it.

Mottola said the 51s were experimenting with d'Arnaud at the plate earlier in the year and were letting him test different batting stances. They felt d'Arnaud was so advanced as a hitter that it wouldn't hinder his development.

"He's a freak, he could stand one way and a completely other way the next time up," Mottola said. "There's nothing that holds him back. It comes so easy for him."

d'Arnaud has put that slow start behind him and is enjoying an exceptional year at Vegas. Through 57 games, the backstop is batting at a .346 clip to accompany 15 home runs, 46 RBIs and a 1.014 OPS.

Mottola doesn't believe those numbers are simply a product of the PCL.

"These days, it's rare to see anyone hit .300 with power," Mottola said. "The fact that he can do it as a catcher is the icing on the cake."

As far as the defensive side of the game, d'Arnaud's throws from home to second base have been clocked as low as 1.84 seconds, and he has recently started taking grounders at first. d'Arnaud is not changing positions, but he's athletic enough and would be ready to do so if an opening was created at the Major League level, according to Mottola.

Anthony Gose

The speedster, who led the Eastern League with 70 stolen bases in 2011 and is the league leader in the PCL this year with 24 thus far, got off to a slow start that prompted a change in his batting stance. Mottola got him to spread out more at the plate, and says he has seen a major difference since.

Gose was hitting .216 after the first month but has raised his average to .295. What impresses Mottola the most, though, is Gose's defence.

"As a centre fielder, he has thrown a couple guys out at home that I want to tell him to not even make the throw," Mottola said. "It's definitely a plus-plus arm. The thing that makes it good is that he gets rid of it so fast and he's so accurate."

Mottola said Gose has the ability to take over a series with his skill set.

"He disrupts the whole game," Mottola said. "He creates errors. There should be a stat called errors created, because he does that with his game-changing speed."

Adeiny Hechavarria

The 51s team is stellar up the middle of the diamond, and shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria is no exception to that.

"It's kind of crazy to sit back and watch those guys defensively," Mottola said. "The Blue Jays got something special coming up."

The biggest question surrounding Hechavarria's ability has been his bat, but Mottola said he's silencing a lot of the skeptics.

Hechavarria has been going up the middle and pulling the ball with more power and consistency. The biggest thing he still needs to work on, according to Mottola, is his ability to recognize and hit breaking balls. Mottola has seen improvements in those areas, however, and believes Hechavarria's bat -- which has driven in 42 runs -- is almost Major League ready.

Dol-Fan
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM

Nice. Both he and Dyson are there now. Excited to see what he can do against better competition. He wasn't amazing with Dunedin (got hit a bit much) but he's been striking guys out at a decent clip and keeping the walks low. He was supposed to be a guy that could rise through the system quick, just a question of how his arm would hold up as a starter. So far so good.

Dol-Fan
06-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Adam Lind

Travis d'Arnaud

Anthony Gose

Adeiny Hechavarria

Thanks for this. I'm still skeptical about the bat of both Gose and Hech. They've both been very inconsistent this year (at least in terms of hitting the ball hard...Hech always seems to get on with a hit because he makes a lot of contact - balls fly through the infield in Vegas). Both of them also show brutal L/R splits. I'm excited to see them play the field, but it's not worth it if the bat isn't there.

TdA on the other hand will be a monster. He hits the ball incredibly hard nearly every time he comes up. He's quite athletic behind the plate so despite lack of polish he makes some pretty nice plays.

fatkev78
06-15-2012, 06:18 PM
by default..

coz of cecil.

Nope.
Cecil had been promoted to AAA.
Stilson deserves to be there.

Toxeryll
06-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Short season teams Rosters c/o Batter's Box:

BLUEFIELD

R Comer, Kevin - 19
R Musgrove, Joe - 19
R Robson, Tom - 18
R Osuna, Roberto - 17
L Norris, Daniel - 19
R Gabryszwski, Jeremy - 19
R Jensen, Tucker -22
L Estrada, Deivy - 19

R Broussard, Colby - 23
L Murphy, Griffin - 21
R Carmona, Julio -21
R Williams, Leslie -23
R Valdez, Denny - 22
L Davis, Shane - 24
L Anderson, Kyle - 22
L Spano, Joe - 22
R James, Justin - 22
R Dorsett, Brandon - 22

Nessy, Santiago - 19
Alvarez, Hector - 21
Arce, Eric - 20

Charles, Art - 21
Lopes, Christian - 19
Thon, Dickie -20
Dean, Matthew - 19

Frias, Christian - 22
Peters, Chris -23
Leblebijian, Jason - 21

Smith, Dwight - 19
Anderson, Jacob - 19
Ramirez, Carlos - 21
Taylor, Nico -22
Azor, Alex - 22

GCL Jays

R Dragmire, Brady - 19
R Cardona, Adonys - 18
L Adams, Zak - 20
R Biggs, Mark - 19
R Tirado, Alberto - 17
R Del Rosario, Yeyfry - 18
L Labourt, Jario - 17
R Gonzales, Tyler - 19
L Wasilewski, Zakery - 18

L Gracesqui, Francisco - 20
R Kelly, Adaric - 19
R Ramirez, Alex - 22
R Kaye, Brandon - 23
R Mendez, Luis - 22
L Dawson, Shane - 18
R Brechbuehler, Tim - 22
R D'Alessandro, Justin - 22
R Ghysels, Chuck - 22
R Browning, Wil - 23

Conner, Seth - 20
Carroll, George -24
Silviano, John - 17
Saez, Jorge - 21

Atkinson, Justin -18
Lugo, Dawel - 17
Cenas, Gabriel - 18

Guerrero, Emilio - 19
Valeriote, Shaun - 22
Nay, Mitchell - 18

Bartlett, Cody -23

Loveless, Derrick - 19
Becerra, Wuilmer - 17
Gonzalez, Jesus - 17
Alford, Anthony - 18
Davis, D.J. - 17
Jones, DJ - 19

Toxeryll
06-15-2012, 06:24 PM
also, Marc Hulet of Fangraphs/Batter's Box is saying Jays are moving Eric Arce and Seth Conner to catcher.

Dol-Fan
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Short season teams Rosters c/o Batter's Box:

Thanks. Who goes to Vancouver? I'm not really sure how that works...

Interesting that they're turning both Arce and Conner into catchers. Maximize value.

Dol-Fan
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Nevermind, found it (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=435&stn=true&sid=t435)

jaysforever
06-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Wow...the Bluefield and GCL rosters are loaded with all of the recent injections of talent. There's like 50 guys to keep an eye on!

Sanyo
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
The starters in Bluefield is just plain nasty! Osuna, Norris, Comer, Musgrove and Jeremy Gabryszwski with Tom Robson.

I can expect a quick promotion for Osuna and possibly Norris.

Toxeryll
06-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Wow...the Bluefield and GCL rosters are loaded with all of the recent injections of talent. There's like 50 guys to keep an eye on!

yup, while the vancouver roster doesnt have any except for sweeney and maybe pompey

es0terik
06-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Bluefield looks stacked.

AA09-?
06-16-2012, 10:11 AM
TDA went 0-4 last night..that's the first time in a while.

Dol-Fan
06-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Going to watch Sancholino on MiLB.tv tonight. Hopefully the camera angle is alright.

Dol-Fan
06-16-2012, 07:47 PM
John Stilson making his first start in AA tonight. 3 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K so far

North Yorker
06-16-2012, 07:49 PM
John Stilson making his first start in AA tonight. 3 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K so far

Imagine the potential of a Stroman/Stilson/Santos back end of the BP as soon as next season...

Dol-Fan
06-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Imagine the potential of a Stroman/Stilson/Santos back end of the BP as soon as next season...

Now at 5 IP, 3 H, 2 K...still zeroes for walks and runs.

That would be awesome if Stilson can't start, but if he can you've gotta see what he's got there. I'm just as happy with Janssen-Stroman-Santos if Stilson can start.

jester00
06-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Dyson followed Stilson with another 2 clean innings. Since moving up to AA and being put in the bullpen he's been almost untouchable. 1.20 ERA in 15 innings with a crazy 3.75 GO/AO ratio. Groundball machine. Another interesting pitcher starting late because of injury.

Sanyo
06-16-2012, 09:43 PM
I agree, at this point you almost have to see what Stilson has as a starter before you decide to move him permanently into the bullpen. At only 21 you should try him out there and see the result. Could be a September call-up, never know...

Sanyo
06-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Who takes Stilson's spot in Dunedin? And I would imagine Sean Nolin getting a promotion soon as well so you may need two Lansing guys coming up...

Krylian
06-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Who takes Stilson's spot in Dunedin? And I would imagine Sean Nolin getting a promotion soon as well so you may need two Lansing guys coming up...

My bet is Rollins or Walden.

1hardcore
06-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Nope.
Cecil had been promoted to AAA.
Stilson deserves to be there.

actually tha'ts what i meant, but yah he does deserve it

Sanyo
06-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Never mind just read on Lansing Lugnuts site that Jesse Hernandez got the promotion...

Dol-Fan
06-16-2012, 10:13 PM
My bet is Rollins or Walden.

I think Rollins, Walden, and DeSclafani will all be in Dunedin at some point soon.

Dol-Fan
06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Never mind just read on Lansing Lugnuts site that Jesse Hernandez got the promotion...

Not surprising either.

Sanyo
06-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Sick stat:

Syndergaard as relief -- a dismal 7.29 era, 29 hits and 17 earned runs in 21 innings.

As a starter -- a shiny 0.79, 15 hits and only 2 earned runs in 22 innings.

Nicolino and Sanchez also have much more improved stats as a starter than relief.

So I guess maybe going into the 2nd half they should just keep the three amigos as starters and stop this bs on and off start and relief thing they are doing there...

Toxeryll
06-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Sick stat:

Syndergaard as relief -- a dismal 7.29 era, 29 hits and 17 earned runs in 21 innings.

As a starter -- a shiny 0.79, 15 hits and only 2 earned runs in 22 innings.

Nicolino and Sanchez also have much more improved stats as a starter than relief.

So I guess maybe going into the 2nd half they should just keep the three amigos as starters and stop this bs on and off start and relief thing they are doing there...

ya, they said theyre breaking this piggyback thing now.

Toxeryll
06-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Going to watch Sancholino on MiLB.tv tonight. Hopefully the camera angle is alright.

how was nicolino's stuff tonight?

Dol-Fan
06-16-2012, 11:32 PM
how was nicolino's stuff tonight?

Looked really good to me. I took some screenshots and took notes so I'll probably post something better tomorrow or the next day, but his fastball has nice movement to it, runs in hard to right-handers and is sneaky and well-hidden against lefties. His changeup falls off the table late down and to the right. His delivery looked nice, smooth and repeatable. I'm no scout but I was impressed. He had all of his strikeouts on fastballs inside, perfectly located on the corner.

It's tough to tell with lefties. Sometimes his fastball lacked velocity, but it definitely has life and movement. I didn't see a reading but I would guess he sat between 88-91. He's tall and imposing so I could see him adding a few ticks to that, which would probably make a huge difference for him.

Dol-Fan
06-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Sanchez is going tomorrow. Can't wait.

jester00
06-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Looks like Sierra was hit by a pitch in the 1st in Vegas and pulled from game. Hopefully not too serious.

Sanyo
06-16-2012, 11:42 PM
D'Arnaud also got hit by a pitch though he seems fine..

Dol-Fan
06-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I've uploaded a video of Nicolino...hopefully it's not too illegal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObOndX7Ayg&feature=youtu.be

Sanyo
06-17-2012, 01:15 PM
^ Looked sharp, he works quite fast as well.

Dol-Fan
06-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I'll do some more of Nicolino and also some of Sanchez later on tonight. But yeah, he's sharp, consistent, and definitely a quick worker. He works down in the zone for the most part but when he does leave it up, it's pretty much always up and away, at least from what I've seen.

JMac4PM
06-17-2012, 01:28 PM
nice vid.... he works REALLY fast.... i love that... always found that hard to face when I was a batter...

Dol-Fan
06-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Saw Sanchez today...didn't have his control (walked 5 and hit 1 batter) so I'm going to reserve too much judgment. He didn't allow any hard contact which was nice to see. Fastball was hard and had plenty of life. Curve has a nice sharp break and definitely flashes plus. He flashed a changeup a few times that looked pretty good. He needs to get his control and command down but he's got 2 plus pitches and another potentially above-average one.

Dol-Fan
06-17-2012, 04:23 PM
McGuire limiting damage but still sucks. 8 hits in 5 innings, 3 runs, 3 walks, no strikeouts.

Francisco stinking to holy hell in AA, now batting .093 after an 0-3 thus far today. Make that 1-4. He still sucks.

Yohan Pino might be the worst starter ever. In his third AAA start, gives up 11 runs (all earned) in 1.1 innings. Yes, really. ERA now at 22.18(!!!) in 9.1 innings over 3 starts.

bartron_44
06-18-2012, 09:29 AM
thanks for the updates Dol-fan.

Man, I can't wait to see what the Bluefield team does this year...

2B/SS-Thon 6'2 185lb
CF-D.Smith 5'11 180lb
RF-J.Anderson 6'4 190lb
LF-N.Taylor 6'4 215lb
DH/C-Arce 5'9 205lb
C-Nessy 6'2 230lb
1B-Charles 6'6 221lb
3B-Dean 6'3 190lb
SS/2B-Lopes 6'0 185lb

Norris
Comer
Musgrove
Gabryszwski
Estrada/Robson

I predict a straight domination of the Appy league if none of those guys gets promoted before their season ends... :)

Monkefied
06-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Finally, Gulf Coast League starts today, Bluefield tomorrow.

Any idea on this years draft pics playing on either of those teams?

Dol-Fan
06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
1. DJ Davis LF
2. Anthony Alford CF
3. Jesus Gonzalez RF
4. Seth Conner C
5. Gabriel Cenas 1B
6. Emilio Guerrero 3B
7. Wuilmer Becerra DH
8. Justin Atkinson 2B
9. Dawel Lugo SS

Alford already has a base hit, Gonzalez has a double.

Dol-Fan
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
DJ Davis has opened his pro career with 2 straight Ks.

alistar
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
DJ Davis has opened his pro career with 2 straight Ks.

Already a bust

Sanyo
06-18-2012, 01:08 PM
already a bust

lolllllllllll

Sanyo
06-18-2012, 01:09 PM
thanks for the updates Dol-fan.

Man, I can't wait to see what the Bluefield team does this year...

2B/SS-Thon 6'2 185lb
CF-D.Smith 5'11 180lb
RF-J.Anderson 6'4 190lb
LF-N.Taylor 6'4 215lb
DH/C-Arce 5'9 205lb
C-Nessy 6'2 230lb
1B-Charles 6'6 221lb
3B-Dean 6'3 190lb
SS/2B-Lopes 6'0 185lb

Norris
Comer
Musgrove
Gabryszwski
Estrada/Robson

I predict a straight domination of the Appy league if none of those guys gets promoted before their season ends... :)

You missed Osuna who will likely be the best pitcher in that rotation...

Sanyo
06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
I hope they can sign Smoral quickly so he can join the GCL soon. Same with DeJong. Stroman will likely start at Dunedin.

Dol-Fan
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Already a bust

and he's playing LF! WTF I thought we drafted a CF!!!!!

You missed Osuna who will likely be the best pitcher in that rotation...

Yup. Osuna is going to move quickly.

I hope they can sign Smoral quickly so he can join the GCL soon. Same with DeJong. Stroman will likely start at Dunedin.

Yeah, the GCL rotation could use a talent infusion.

Dol-Fan
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Davis got hit by a pitch, then got picked off/caught stealing.

Jesus Gonzalez with another double.

Mark Biggs making his first pro appearance.

Davis also made a fielding error.

Dol-Fan
06-18-2012, 01:43 PM
two more Nicolino videos

will do Sanchez tonight

crappy quality, of course...http://www.youtube.com/user/CPDavis90?feature=guide

Dol-Fan
06-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Game over. GCL Jays lose 13-3 on crappy pitching by John Anderson and Zak Brown. Meh.

Davis 1-3, HBP, 2 K, E (fielding), outfield assist at 2nd
Alford 1-4
Gonzalez 2-4, 2 2B
Conner 2-3
Cenas 1-3, HR, BB, K
Becerra and Lugo, the other two notables were 0-4 and 0-3, respectively, no Ks for either.

Mark Biggs pitched 2 innings, gave up 3 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 0 Ks, and a home run
Cardona 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk, 2 Ks (no runs)

Exciting prospects in rookie ball this year. It would be cool to see a few of these guys make it to Vancouver or Lansing by season's end. Could be easier given the fact that these guys are getting started right away with so many quick signings.

jaysforever
06-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks Dol...nice start by Gonzalez, the 16 yo (now 17) signed out of Venzuela last summer.

Dol-Fan
06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks Dol...nice start by Gonzalez, the 16 yo (now 17) signed out of Venzuela last summer.

Yeah. He's got some power but seems like quite the free swinger. He struck out in 47% of his ABs in extended spring :laugh2:

So...people have talked about Jesse Hernandez a bit recently because of stats in Lansing. First appearance tonight for Dunedin: 1.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 1 K. Well, that's that.

MrForever
06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah. He's got some power but seems like quite the free swinger. He struck out in 47% of his ABs in extended spring :laugh2:

So...people have talked about Jesse Hernandez a bit recently because of stats in Lansing. First appearance tonight for Dunedin: 1.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 1 K. Well, that's that.

Growing pains. Yikes.

T.O.Bombinators
06-18-2012, 10:41 PM
everyone else has seen that the minor league affiliates page now shows the top 20 specs instead of the box scores..grrrrr

Toxeryll
06-18-2012, 11:06 PM
everyone else has seen that the minor league affiliates page now shows the top 20 specs instead of the box scores..grrrrr

lol ya, that sucks man

JaysFan87
06-19-2012, 12:32 AM

annoyed

Dol-Fan
06-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Musgrove gets the start for Bluefield tomorrow. Comer, Estrada, Gabs, and Labourt will follow. Looks to me like we'll have a piggybacking system with these kids too. Not surprising but nevertheless a bit frustrating. I wonder when we can expect to see Norris, Osuna, Robson.

Billyen
06-19-2012, 01:35 AM
1. DJ Davis LF
2. Anthony Alford CF
3. Jesus Gonzalez RF
4. Seth Conner C
5. Gabriel Cenas 1B
6. Emilio Guerrero 3B
7. Wuilmer Becerra DH
8. Justin Atkinson 2B
9. Dawel Lugo SS

Alford already has a base hit, Gonzalez has a double.

It's great to see players we drafted a couple weeks ago actually playing for us so soon. This is one of the pluses for the new CBA.

Toxeryll
06-19-2012, 02:07 AM
seven players from lansing are selected to the midwest all star team:

Kevin Pillar
Jon Berti
Chris Hawkins
Ajay Meyer
Justin Nicolino
Aaron Sanchez
Noah Syndergaard

Krylian
06-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Musgrove gets the start for Bluefield tomorrow. Comer, Estrada, Gabs, and Labourt will follow. Looks to me like we'll have a piggybacking system with these kids too. Not surprising but nevertheless a bit frustrating. I wonder when we can expect to see Norris, Osuna, Robson.

Piggybacking in short season is a given. There are way more than 5 starters per roster. I'd rather have them out every 5 days and pitch 3 innings than have them go 4-5 innings but have to wait 8-9 days between starts.

torontosports10
06-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Norris is pitching tonight as well.

Sanyo
06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
It'll likely be on a rotational basis like in Lansing. Today Musgrove starts with Norris the "middle starter" and then vice versa the next start.

Sucks but then again I suspect a couple of them to jump to Vancouver in a few weeks if they are pitching very well (Vancouver has almost nobody) so a good chance for some of the guys like Norris and Osuna to make a quick impression and get the heck out of Bluefield...

Krylian
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Why are some people in such a hurry to promote Osuna along. He just turned 17.

es0terik
06-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Because many people know absolutely nothing about him besides his name. That's all they need to jump in his bandwagon.

It's always been like that on this forum.

AA09-?
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
seven players from lansing are selected to the midwest all star team:

Kevin Pillar
Jon Berti
Chris Hawkins
Ajay Meyer
Justin Nicolino
Aaron Sanchez
Noah Syndergaard

:clap:

Krylian
06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Alberto Tirado (2011 IFA signing) with 2 scoreless innings so far for the GCL team. 2IP, 1H, 1BB, 1K.

Dol-Fan
06-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Piggybacking in short season is a given. There are way more than 5 starters per roster. I'd rather have them out every 5 days and pitch 3 innings than have them go 4-5 innings but have to wait 8-9 days between starts.

Right. I wasn't thinking too well at nearly 2am but the sentiment still stands. I'm dreading the possibility that they do the same thing with these kids that they've done with Nicolino/Sanchez/Syndergaard.

Because many people know absolutely nothing about him besides his name. That's all they need to jump in his bandwagon.

It's always been like that on this forum.

Um, no, I'd say it's more because the kid's already seen reasonable success in a league similar to AAA. He's a man amongst boys at this point at 6'3 230. Have you watched him pitch? He's got killer stuff for his age and is an imposing figure on the mound. I'm not advocating that they rush him, I'm saying that he's going to prove himself to be too good for the APP league in no time. If that's the case, Vancouver is usually a short stop for 'real' prospects, so logic dictates he'd end up in Lansing by the end of the year if he's too good for the APP league.

Dol-Fan
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Alberto Tirado (2011 IFA signing) with 2 scoreless innings so far for the GCL team. 2IP, 1H, 1BB, 1K.

Make that 3 innings with 2 Ks now.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Right. I wasn't thinking too well at nearly 2am but the sentiment still stands. I'm dreading the possibility that they do the same thing with these kids that they've done with Nicolino/Sanchez/Syndergaard.

Um, no, I'd say it's more because the kid's already seen reasonable success in a league similar to AAA. He's a man amongst boys at this point at 6'3 230. Have you watched him pitch? He's got killer stuff for his age and is an imposing figure on the mound. I'm not advocating that they rush him, I'm saying that he's going to prove himself to be too good for the APP league in no time. If that's the case, Vancouver is usually a short stop for 'real' prospects, so logic dictates he'd end up in Lansing by the end of the year if he's too good for the APP league.

The Mexican League is not AAA calibre. Sorry...but no.

Osuna is a physically mature 17 year old. He has a good fastball with some sink that sits in the low 90's but can touch 94-95. He shows the potential of a good curveball but at this point it gets a little slurvy at times. He shows feel for a changeup. He has a little trouble repeating his delivery.

That's the report on Osuna. Definitely a prospect to be excited about...but he's not any more advanced that other 18-19-20 year olds. I'd be shocked to see him in Lansing at the end of this year. In fact, I'd be surprised to see him in Lansing next year (maybe an outside shot at having a start or two at the end of next year).

Dol-Fan
06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
The Mexican League is not AAA calibre. Sorry...but no.

Where did I say that it was AAA calibre? I said it was similar to AAA, meaning that he is playing against grown men and not a bunch of prospects and kids his own age.

Osuna is a physically mature 17 year old. He has a good fastball with some sink that sits in the low 90's but can touch 94-95. He shows the potential of a good curveball but at this point it gets a little slurvy at times. He shows feel for a changeup. He has a little trouble repeating his delivery.

That's the report on Osuna. Definitely a prospect to be excited about...but he's not any more advanced that other 18-19-20 year olds. I'd be shocked to see him in Lansing at the end of this year. In fact, I'd be surprised to see him in Lansing next year (maybe an outside shot at having a start or two at the end of next year).

No, he's not more advanced than the 18-19-20 year olds but he's only 17 and is on the level of kids a few years older than him. Keep in mind that he's getting in work right from the get-go. In Syndergaard's first full year in 2011, as a 19-year old, he leaped three levels. He got work in the GCL the year prior but only 5 starts. Given the way that they've advanced Syndergaard/Sanchez/Nicolino, would you really be surprised to see him there NEXT year? I mean, I get that seeing him there this year would be surprising, but I don't think Osuna is any less advanced at this point than, say, Syndergaard was at this time last year.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Where did I say that it was AAA calibre? I said it was similar to AAA, meaning that he is playing against grown men and not a bunch of prospects and kids his own age.

He can play in a beer league with a bunch of 30 year olds too. Even mentioning AAA in the same sentence is an insult to AAA ball.

No, he's not more advanced than the 18-19-20 year olds but he's only 17 and is on the level of kids a few years older than him. Keep in mind that he's getting in work right from the get-go. In Syndergaard's first full year in 2011, as a 19-year old, he leaped three levels. He got work in the GCL the year prior but only 5 starts. Given the way that they've advanced Syndergaard/Sanchez/Nicolino, would you really be surprised to see him there NEXT year? I mean, I get that seeing him there this year would be surprising, but I don't think Osuna is any less advanced at this point than, say, Syndergaard was at this time last year.

Exactly, he's 17. So why would we see him in Lansing so soon.

Let's just wait and see. I could be completely wrong.

On the other hand...you could be completely wrong.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Anthony Alford with his first pro HR.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Dawel Lugo (2011 IFA signing) with his first pro HR (3-Run). Lugo won't turn 18 until December 13th.

MrForever
06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Dawel Lugo (2011 IFA signing) with his first pro HR (3-Run). Lugo won't turn 18 until December 13th.

Who are all of the noteworthy IFAs that we signed?

Krylian
06-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Who are all of the noteworthy IFAs that we signed?

From 2011? Here are all the guys that signed for over $200K...

Roberto Osuna, RHP - $1.5M
Wuilmer Becerra, OF - $1.3M
Dawel Lugo, SS - $1.3M
Jesus Gonzalez, OF - $700K
Manuel Cordova, RHP - $500K
Jesus Tinoco, RHP - $400K
Jairo Labourt, LHP - $350K
Alberto Tirado, RHP - $300K
Osman Gutierrez, RHP - $210K

Krylian
06-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Wuilmer Becerra 2-3 so far today with an RBI-2B.

bartron_44
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
where are you guys getting the box score from in the GCL?

Krylian
06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
where are you guys getting the box score from in the GCL?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2012_06_19_pirrok_bljrok_1

bartron_44
06-19-2012, 02:21 PM
nevermind...found it :)

thanks anway,dang, that was quick :)

Sanyo
06-19-2012, 03:06 PM
DJ Davis, 3 strikeouts today. A bust indeed ;)

13Lawrie13
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
He can play in a beer league with a bunch of 30 year olds too. Even mentioning AAA in the same sentence is an insult to AAA ball.

Exactly, he's 17. So why would we see him in Lansing so soon.

Let's just wait and see. I could be completely wrong.

On the other hand...you could be completely wrong.

In a situation like this, prior research is necessary to not make yourself look like an idiot.

Fangraphs considers the Mexican league which Roberto Osuna pitched in a AAA league. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself, or click here (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa594306&position=P).

The fact that you would come on here and claim that you know what makes a triple-A league is laughable, and is, clearly, not the case.

jaysforever
06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Lopes hits a 2 run homer in his first at bat at Bluefield today. He's a real interesting prospect who was highly rated in early HS but faded by his senior year. Good talent...and you kind of hope that maybe he just got bored of playing with HS kids and was ready for the next level.

Who got on base before him?...none other than the hot dog bonus guy!

Toxeryll
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
jacob anderson 0-3 so far with 3 Ks. he seems to be swinging and missing a lot.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
In a situation like this, prior research is necessary to not make yourself look like an idiot.

Fangraphs considers the Mexican league which Roberto Osuna pitched in a AAA league. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself, or click here (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa594306&position=P).

The fact that you would come on here and claim that you know what makes a triple-A league is laughable, and is, clearly, not the case.

I know exactly where they consider it. I've seen it's classification before...I just don't buy it. Just like people who consider the College game on par with AA ball. I also don't buy that.

Fangraphs also had Gose as the #1 prospect, d'Arnaud #2, and Marisnick #7. Everyone has their own opinion.

13Lawrie13
06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I know exactly where they consider it. I've seen it's classification before...I just don't buy it. Just like people who consider the College game on par with AA ball. I also don't buy that.

Fangraphs also had Gose as the #1 prospect, d'Arnaud #2, and Marisnick #7. Everyone has their own opinion.

Well, I suppose we should get the opinions of others then.

For those who don’t know, the Mexican League is more or less at a AAA level, full of veteran former Major League players and very biased towards hitters due to the high elevation of most of the ballparks

http://mopupduty.com/jays-on-verge-of-signing-roberto-osuna-1205/

Already pitching at a Double-A level according to Paddy, Osuna signed with the Mexican League’s Mexico City Reds shortly after the tournament.
The highest level of baseball in Mexico and considered Triple-A/professional-level, the Mexican League is comprised of grown men and former major leaguers with an average age of over 29. That didn’t stop a 15-year-old Osuna, playing for Mexico City, the most acclaimed and popular team in the league, from holding his own against players well into their 30s.

http://jaysjournal.com/2012/05/09/top-50-blue-jays-prospects-27-roberto-osuna/

I can find more, if you'd like.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, I suppose we should get the opinions of others then.

http://mopupduty.com/jays-on-verge-of-signing-roberto-osuna-1205/

http://jaysjournal.com/2012/05/09/top-50-blue-jays-prospects-27-roberto-osuna/

I can find more, if you'd like.

Please do.

13Lawrie13
06-19-2012, 09:22 PM
In other news, great pitching by both Musgrove and Norris; Norris especially.

4IP, 2H, 1ER, 0BB, 5K for Musgrove, with a 4-2 GB-FB ratio.

4IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 5K for Norris, with a 2-4 GB-FB ratio.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
In other news, great pitching by both Musgrove and Norris; Norris especially.

4IP, 2H, 1ER, 0BB, 5K for Musgrove, with a 4-2 GB-FB ratio.

4IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 5K for Norris, with a 2-4 GB-FB ratio.

Now that's something we can agree on.

Love seeing the young arms get off to a great start.

Sanyo
06-19-2012, 09:36 PM
I can see Gose, D'Arnaud, Hech, Sanchez, Syndergaard, Nicolino, Norris and Osuna making the top 100 prospect list at the end of the year. Marisnick may fall out if he doesnt pick it up soon. Then, of course, you still have a ton of other guys (Stroman, Comer, Musgrove, etc) who could have an outside shot...

13Lawrie13
06-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Please do.

Okay, but only because you asked.

The Mexican League (Spanish: Liga Mexicana de Béisbol) is a professional baseball league based in Mexico. It is currently a Class Triple-A league in organized Minor League Baseball, one step below Major League Baseball

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_League

He’s currently pitching in the Mexican League (5.49 ERA in 19.2 IP), which is somewhere between Double-A and Triple-A in terms of competition.

http://riveraveblues.com/2011/06/yankees-interested-in-roberto-osuna-51178/

Are you convinced yet?

MrForever
06-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Where do you guys think our 2012 draft picks will stack up against our current prospects.

13Lawrie13
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Now that's something we can agree on.

Love seeing the young arms get off to a great start.

Absolutely. :clap:

MrForever
06-19-2012, 09:41 PM
That was some bizzare fielding by Aoki

Edit. Oops wrong thread.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Okay, but only because you asked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_League

http://riveraveblues.com/2011/06/yankees-interested-in-roberto-osuna-51178/

Are you convinced yet?

Nope.

I know that everyone considers the Mexican League as AAA, but I don't think that "realistically" the talent is comparable.

I'd like to see teams from the PCL and International League play teams from the Mexican League to see how they really stack up against each other.

I get that I'm a lone wolf with that thought, but it's what I believe.

Dol-Fan
06-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I feel less crazy now. Krylian, I respect your opinion as much as anyone's on this forum, but I knew that I had heard that sentiment before (i.e., AAA and Mexican league being on a similar level). It may or may not be true but the fact that it's been asserted tells me that Osuna has faced a level of competition that most of our other young specs won't face for at least a few years.

Krylian
06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I feel less crazy now. Krylian, I respect your opinion as much as anyone's on this forum, but I knew that I had heard that sentiment before (i.e., AAA and Mexican league being on a similar level). It may or may not be true but the fact that it's been asserted tells me that Osuna has faced a level of competition that most of our other young specs won't face for at least a few years.

Oh...I don't think it's Rookie League calibre. Don't get me wrong....and yes, I totally agree that he's faced competition that Norris, Musgrove, Gabby, etc haven't seen yet. I'm not debating that at all. I was only taking issue with it being considered AAA talent when that's just not what I think it is....I can buy AA maybe...and maybe that's just semantics...I just don't think we really need to rush him just because he's already had some exposure to a higher level than where he is now.

Based on what I had read about Osuna, he sounds like he is advanced for his age, but he still has many things to work on...like tightening up his curve, improving his changeup and command, and cleaning up his mechanics...things that almost every other teenaged pitcher needs to work on. Moving him to Lansing feels excessive to me...but I could be totally proven wrong.

13Lawrie13
06-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Nope.

I know that everyone considers the Mexican League as AAA, but I don't think that "realistically" the talent is comparable.

I'd like to see teams from the PCL and International League play teams from the Mexican League to see how they really stack up against each other.

Now, it's one thing to say this, but it's a complete other to say:
Even mentioning AAA in the same sentence is an insult to AAA ball.

I respect your opinion, but when you say that it's an insult to compare the Mexican League to AAA, well, that bothers me.

If you don't believe that the competition is quite as good, I can respect that.

Sanyo
06-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh...I don't think it's Rookie League calibre. Don't get me wrong....and yes, I totally agree that he's faced competition that Norris, Musgrove, Gabby, etc haven't seen yet. I'm not debating that at all. I was only taking issue with it being considered AAA talent when that's just not what I think it is....I can buy AA maybe...and maybe that's just semantics...I just don't think we really need to rush him just because he's already had some exposure to a higher level than where he is now.

Based on what I had read about Osuna, he sounds like he is advanced for his age, but he still has many things to work on...like tightening up his curve, improving his changeup and command, and cleaning up his mechanics...things that almost every other teenaged pitcher needs to work on. Moving him to Lansing feels excessive to me...but I could be totally proven wrong.

Even if Mexico is AA level...hell even if its A level...a 16 year old pitching to that caliber talent is just plain impressive! This is what leads me to believe he could smoke Bluefield and Vancouver this year and maybe even dip into Lansing if he skips Vancouver.

Toxeryll
06-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Nope.

no, youre not alone. i heard that the talent level in mexican league is pretty much like AA and i think they only classify it as AAA is because it is full of journeymen and AAAA scrubs. i forgot who it was, i think it was ben badler who said it.

bomber0104
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
no, youre not alone. i heard that the talent level in mexican league is pretty much like AA and i think they only classify it as AAA is because it is full of journeymen and AAAA scrubs. i forgot who it was, i think it was ben badler who said it.

yeah i've heard mexico being compared to AAA before so its not really far fetched

Toxeryll
06-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Even if Mexico is AA level...hell even if its A level...a 16 year old pitching to that caliber talent is just plain impressive! This is what leads me to believe he could smoke Bluefield and Vancouver this year and maybe even dip into Lansing if he skips Vancouver.

i doubt they rush him. he needs to straighten out his mechanics first before we talk about him being promoted to vancouver or even lansing.

bartron_44
06-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Vegas won 8-3

Snider 1-3 with a HR and 2 BB's
Gose 1-4 with a 3B and a BB
Hech 1-4 with a 2B
Lind 2-5 with a 2B
D'Arnaud 2-5

NH won 6-1, behind 7 shut out innings from Jenkins. He yielded only 5 hits with 13 ground outs and only 2 fly outs!

Goins 3-5
Ochinko 2-4

Dunedin won 8-2. Wojo went 6 innings giving up 2 ER's with 7 K's,7 hits and 1 BB.

Marisnick 1-3 with 2 BB's
Crouse 1-3 with a BB
Nolan 2-3 with 2 BB's

In the Mid East-Mid West All-Star game...the Mid East won 18-2!!

Syndergaard pitched the 2nd inning, giving up just 1 hit on 12 pitches
Pillar was hitting 3rd and playing CF, but went 0-4 with a BB, RBI and 2 runs scored
Hawkins went 2-3 with a couple singles

Bluefield won 7-2

Musgrove started and went the first 4 innings. He struck out 5 with 0 walks and gave up 1 ER on 2 hits
Norris was perfect for the next 4 innings getting the win!

opening day lineup (minus subs):

Bluefield Blue Jays
Player Pos AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG
Alex Azor RF 4 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .250
C.Lopes 2B 5 1 1 0 0 1 2 0 2 .200
S. Nessy C 5 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 .400
Art Charles 1B 4 1 2 1 1 0 0 1 1 .500
J.Anderson LF 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 .000
Eric Arce DH 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .333
C.Ramirez CF 4 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500
Chris Peters 3B 2 1 1 1 0 0 2 1 0 .500
Dickie Thon SS 5 0 1 1 0 0 3 0 2 .200

Krylian
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Comer on the bump tonight for Bluefield.

Dol-Fan
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Awesome stuff on the farm last night. Thanks for the cap bartron.

Any word on who takes over for Comer tonight? I'm going to guess Osuna, and then Robson tomorrow, but we'll see.

Krylian
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Awesome stuff on the farm last night. Thanks for the cap bartron.

Any word on who takes over for Comer tonight? I'm going to guess Osuna, and then Robson tomorrow, but we'll see.

Maybe Gabby?

Dol-Fan
06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe Gabby?

I think Gabby is supposed to start in their 4th game.

MiLB.com has it lined up like this: Musgrove, Comer, Estrada, Gabs, Labourt

Toxeryll
06-20-2012, 01:03 PM
anyone know what labourt throws (stuffwise)?

Krylian
06-20-2012, 01:14 PM
anyone know what labourt throws (stuffwise)?

FB was able to touch 92 when he was signed in Jan, 2011...assuming he's maybe gained a bit on it. Also heard he has a good curve.

bartron_44
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he could touch 94 now. He has gained about 20 lbs since we signed him, and is now listed at 6'4 and 204 lbs at the age of 18. He could be a left hander throwing around 95-96 mph with a nasty breaking ball by the time he is 21. :drool:

Sanyo
06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
jesse hernandez had a horrible debut in Dunedin yesterday, 1.1 innings, 8 runs. yikes!

Krylian
06-20-2012, 02:58 PM
jesse hernandez had a horrible debut in Dunedin yesterday, 1.1 innings, 8 runs. yikes!

Same happens to Casey Lawrence whenever he seems to get a promo to AA.

Monkefied
06-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Comer starts tonight, Robson slated to start in the 5th.

ChongInc.
06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Vegas won 8-3

Snider 1-3 with a HR and 2 BB's
Gose 1-4 with a 3B and a BB
Hech 1-4 with a 2B
Lind 2-5 with a 2B
D'Arnaud 2-5

NH won 6-1, behind 7 shut out innings from Jenkins. He yielded only 5 hits with 13 ground outs and only 2 fly outs!

Goins 3-5
Ochinko 2-4

Dunedin won 8-2. Wojo went 6 innings giving up 2 ER's with 7 K's,7 hits and 1 BB.

Marisnick 1-3 with 2 BB's
Crouse 1-3 with a BB
Nolan 2-3 with 2 BB's

In the Mid East-Mid West All-Star game...the Mid East won 18-2!!

Syndergaard pitched the 2nd inning, giving up just 1 hit on 12 pitches
Pillar was hitting 3rd and playing CF, but went 0-4 with a BB, RBI and 2 runs scored
Hawkins went 2-3 with a couple singles

Bluefield won 7-2

Musgrove started and went the first 4 innings. He struck out 5 with 0 walks and gave up 1 ER on 2 hits
Norris was perfect for the next 4 innings getting the win!

opening day lineup (minus subs):

Bluefield Blue Jays
Player Pos AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG
Alex Azor RF 4 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .250
C.Lopes 2B 5 1 1 0 0 1 2 0 2 .200
S. Nessy C 5 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 .400
Art Charles 1B 4 1 2 1 1 0 0 1 1 .500
J.Anderson LF 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 .000
Eric Arce DH 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .333
C.Ramirez CF 4 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500
Chris Peters 3B 2 1 1 1 0 0 2 1 0 .500
Dickie Thon SS 5 0 1 1 0 0 3 0 2 .200

I miss these types of updates. Used to check this thread everyday for these. I still do, but I'm usually disappointed. Thanks

Krylian
06-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Bluefield postponed.

Dol-Fan
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I miss these types of updates. Used to check this thread everyday for these. I still do, but I'm usually disappointed. Thanks

:confused:

Krylian
06-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I just go to MiLB and get my own updates. Guess I don't rely on others to do everything for me.

Farsight
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
:confused: awe, lol. I think hes disappointing in the prospects performances, not the updates, as many posters (you especially) put a lot of time into keeping us updated

Eagles4Lyfe
06-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Why is it our pitchers in the minors don't walk as much batters as our major league pitchers/??? I don't get it

alistar
06-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Why is it our pitchers in the minors don't walk as much batters as our major league pitchers/??? I don't get it

Because minor leagues batters suck compared to major league batters? I'd assume that's why their in the majors.

Sanyo
06-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Jays have such a backlog of shortstops right now. Hech, Goins and Nolan!

StealingSigns
06-21-2012, 02:11 AM
:confused:

awe, lol. I think hes disappointing in the prospects performances, not the updates, as many posters (you especially) put a lot of time into keeping us updated

Yep, exactly. Definitely not the update part.

StealingSigns
06-21-2012, 02:15 AM
You guys interested in a mid-season prospect ranking? I've had a few guys bugging me about it. I certainly don't want to see something to the extent that we went through in pre-season, but it's certainly something to consider.

Anyways, thoughts and suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Especially when and how you would like to see the ranking unfold...

Kak
06-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Because minor leagues batters suck compared to major league batters? I'd assume that's why their in the majors.

Are you kidding? Have you been to a minor league game? The umpires suck. The strike zone is all over the place. Up to 4 inches wider higher lower at times.

ChongInc.
06-21-2012, 10:04 AM
I just go to MiLB and get my own updates. Guess I don't rely on others to do everything for me.

Lmao sure. Because I show some appreciation that must mean I rely on people to do everything for me.. Nice one lol.

bartron_44
06-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Vegas lost 7-5 Shaun Hill was promoted to Vegas and gave up 5 runs in 5 IP.

Snider wet 2-4 with a HR,BB and 3 RBI's (flew out to end the game with the bases loaded so he may be pissed, but overall a solid day )

Hech led off yesterday and went 3-5 with 2 runs scored
D'Arnaud went 1-4 with an RBI
Gose went 0-3 but did have 2 BB's

===

NH won 4-3

Goins 1-3 with a 2B
McDade 1-4
Dyson went 2 shutout innings with 1 BB and 0 K's for the save.

==

Dunedin lost 3-2 .
Lawrence went 5.2 innings and gave up 2 ER's on 3 hits.
Marisnick went 2-3 with a BB
==
Lansing off
===
Vancouver lost 5-3

Pompey 2-4
Sweeney 0-4...
====
Bluefield PPD
====

GCL Blue Jays lost 5-0

Davis 1-4 (with only 1 K)
Gonzalez 1-4
Alford was 1-3 with a BB and 3 SB's

JaysFan87
06-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Per john lott

Nicolino, Sanchez, Syndergaard? And Discalfini are no longer going to be piggybacked and will each have their own start days. Seems like a good idea for the rest of the year.

MrForever
06-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Per john lott

Nicolino, Sanchez, Syndergaard? And Discalfini are no longer going to be piggybacked and will each have their own start days. Seems like a good idea for the rest of the year.

They're all staying in Lansing, right?

Krylian
06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
They're all staying in Lansing, right?

Yes.

Hernandez and Walden up to Dunedin.

Dol-Fan
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
awe, lol. I think hes disappointing in the prospects performances, not the updates, as many posters (you especially) put a lot of time into keeping us updated

Yep, exactly. Definitely not the update part.

Still confusing since we've got prospects that have been ripping it up in both AAA and A all year.

Dol-Fan
06-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Looks like Labourt is down with the GCL Jays after it looked like he'd start the year in Bluefield. He's starting today and has gone 1 inning giving up a walk and striking out 1.

Farsight
06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Looks like Labourt is down with the GCL Jays after it looked like he'd start the year in Bluefield. He's starting today and has gone 1 inning giving up a walk and striking out 1.I think its moreso that the players that some people expected to do good, are not playing up to their potential (which happens all the time with prospects) such as McGuire, Marisnick (who has been injured throughout the year) and others. I for one am happy with our prospects, however, we are a pitching loaded farm system with a few highly regarded position players

13Lawrie13
06-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I thought this was noteworthy:

Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi
Jays prospects Travis d'Arnaud and Anthony Gose named to US roster at Futures Game. Kyle Lotzkar of Reds only Cdn in game, to play for World

BlueJayFanDan
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Per john lott

Thank god. The way things were working was awful.

Krylian
06-21-2012, 02:13 PM
GCL team is being no-hit through 8.

Sanyo
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
just saw that some gcl games start as early as 10 am yikes! its hard enough for major leaguers, who are older, to start games at 12:30pm. 17/18 year olds must not like the early start...

bartron_44
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Per john lott

They flashed a stat the other day during the game against the Brewers that said between them they had an ERA of 0.77 in games they have started this year...(IIRC). Definitely a good idea :)

Regarding Nicolino...Dude is 20 years old and listed at 6'3 and 160lbs!! He has to be one of the lankiest Jays in the system.

Krylian
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
They flashed a stat the other day during the game against the Brewers that said between them they had an ERA of 0.77 in games they have started this year...(IIRC). Definitely a good idea :)

Regarding Nicolino...Dude is 20 years old and listed at 6'3 and 160lbs!! He has to be one of the lankiest Jays in the system.

That was his weight when he was drafted. I think he's up to 185 or so now...based on what I've read.

Krylian
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Jesus Gonzalez breaks up the no-no in the 9th with a solo shot.

Dol-Fan
06-21-2012, 03:11 PM
That was his weight when he was drafted. I think he's up to 185 or so now...based on what I've read.

Yeah, he's no less than 180 at this point, probably more. Seeing him last weekend he looked pretty big. I believe Hutch was still listed at 160 until he was called up to the majors.

The_Jet11
06-21-2012, 03:24 PM
How about Snider's return to Vegas. He's played 4 games thus far, but is putting up monster numbers. I know its less than a week of games, but consider:

.400/.550/.800/1.350 with 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 5BB/1K.
If he keeps hitting anywhere close to the way he is now for another week, I think you have to call him up, and let him have LF for the remainder of the season - sink or swim - and decide once and for all if he is your LF going forward.

With our rotation in shambles, give the kid a chance.

bartron_44
06-21-2012, 03:28 PM

I hope so....I know baseball-reference doesn't keep track, but I thought the Lansing website may have updated this year...

I agree, all video's from him this year don't show a bean poll with a cap on, so he must have put on weight.

I wonder what Noah and Sanchez are tipping the scale at now?

bartron_44
06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
How about Snider's return to Vegas. He's played 4 games thus far, but is putting up monster numbers. I know its less than a week of games, but consider:

If he keeps hitting anywhere close to the way he is now for another week, I think you have to call him up, and let him have LF for the remainder of the season - sink or swim - and decide once and for all if he is your LF going forward.

x2

unless you package him in a deal for a proven slugger, he should be up here VERY soon. He was on the verge before he got hurt, and with Davis' problems against RHP, he cannot be our full time LF'er the rest of the season..(if we want to to even try to compete)

jaysforever
06-21-2012, 03:53 PM

Gonzalez with a HR for the team's only run today. Off to as good a start as anyone on that team.

jaysforever
06-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Tough call. They will err on the side of caution for sure. If you call him up and he flounders he'll lose most of his value. If you leave him down all season and he puts up monster numbers there will be a team that's always liked him that will give good value this offseason thinking that maybe he's recaptured his stroke.

Bottom line is that it will take more than good stats. Each at bat will be scrutinized to ensure he is staying balanced at the plate, laying off stuff out of the zone, hitting 'his' pitch, etc...and stuff like that. 'Cause you know he'll be more exploited at the big league level if there's an obvious weakness.

wagnall
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM

Yes Yes Yes. He's picked up where he left off before the injury. Another week of this and get him here. How do we see what he can do if he's not here. And you are right, this is a sink or swim year for him as I believe he would be out of options. :cheers:

ChongInc.
06-21-2012, 04:55 PM
I expect snider to be called up around the same time Lawrie was called up last year.

jackstar
06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Man does Las Vegas's hitting lineup ever look good. That whole lineup has a chance to end up being consistant major league players ( i am just talking about the lineup they have for today. and i am not talking about the pitchers we have there)

bomber0104
06-21-2012, 11:04 PM
another HR for Snider tonight... but i'm pretty sure we'll keep him down there until he gets hurt again

JaysFan87
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
another HR for Snider tonight... but i'm pretty sure we'll keep him down there until he gets hurt again

its his 5th game back from a wrist injury that kept him out for more than a month. Its one thing to be upset about him not being here at the beginning of the year its another thing to call him up 4 days after a wrist injury. He'll be up but when he gets more than 4 games under his belt.

Krylian
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM

Not only that, but there's famine around the world.

What else can we dwell on?

The_Jet11
06-22-2012, 02:35 AM
^^ It was actually his 10th game back from injury. He played 5 in Dunedin (after getting some ABs in extended ST too, I might add) in addition to the 5 he has now played in Vegas. I'm not saying that he's totally ready, but he is hot right now, and what better time to call a guy up than when they are riding a nice little hot streak.

Snider ha got to feel good about the way he is seeing the ball right now, and bringing that type of confidence to the ML level is exactly what he needs.

Letting him cool off, even a little, before bringing him up will only make him wonder what more he needs to do to get the call.

I'd have him in my line-up tomorrow.. but I'd have had him in it since the end of ST.

AA wants prospects to force his hand, and if Snider can't help them win now, he likely never will.

Make the call.

ManInWhite
06-22-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm a huge Snider fan and I would love it if he got called up sometime soon. I just don't see it happening yet with all the injuries to the SP and overtaxed BP. I think call ups for the next little while will be pitchers, once we have somewhat stable pitching staff and Snider keeps doing good then he'll get the call hopefully the permanent one.

nithanyo
06-22-2012, 04:40 AM
Man does Las Vegas's hitting lineup ever look good. That whole lineup has a chance to end up being consistant major league players ( i am just talking about the lineup they have for today. and i am not talking about the pitchers we have there)

Hitting in Vegas has almost no validity. FFS Randy Ruiz won MVP in that league in 2009, and Arencibia won it in 2010.Blue jays need to jet from the PCL ASAP.

As for snider AA should call him up before he hurts himself again.

bartron_44
06-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Vegas won 4-2

Gose 3-4 with a 2B and 2 SB's
Snider 2-5 with a HR

This is Snider's 3rd game in a row with a bomb, and he is now 8-20 with 5 BB's and only 2 K's since his return to Vegas. ...good enough for an OPS of 1.370. He has never walked more then he has struck out, but this year in Vegas he is pretty darn close. In just 31 games, he has 36 RBI's,8 HR's and 11 doubles. He is also hitting .345 with 19 BB's and has only struck out 21 times.

NH lost 9-3

Stilson and Magnusson both got roughed up badly on the mound by Reading
McDade went 2-3

Dunedin lost 7-1

Marisnick went 2-4 with a 2B
Nolan 1-4
Ahrens 1-3 with a BB

Not sure what has gotten in him, but in June (14 games), Ahrens is hitting .340/.407/.982....not a bad hot streak.

Vancouver won 3-1

Taylor Cole:6 IP,1 ER on 7 hits and 1 BB with 4 K's.
Pompey: 2-4 with a 2B

Bluefield game 1 (lost 8-6)

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Comer (L) 4.0 2 2 2 0 2 1 4.50
Estrada 1.2 5 6 4 3 1 0 21.60
Les Williams 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
Charles 1-1 with a HR and 2 BB's
Nessy 1-3 with a BB
Ramirez with a BB
Dean 1-2 with a BB

game 2 (lost 5-0)

Azor got the only 2 hits finishing 2-4.

Robson (L) 4.0 3 4 3 0 4 1 6.75
Murphy 2.0 2 1 1 1 2 0 4.50

Valleyfella
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
I've tended to side with the Jays when it comes to bringing up Snider, but I think the time is now right. Let him play left for the rest of the season. I'd also trade Johnson and JP within the next month or so and bring up Hech and D'Arnaud. They need to find out what these guys can do. Same with Lind. Send Cooper back down and give Lind his final shot. With Ricky and Alvarez pitching poorly and the rest of the rotation in shambles they need to start getting a sense of who they can rely on for next year.

lexecutioner
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Vegas won 4-2

Gose 3-4 with a 2B and 2 SB's
Snider 2-5 with a HR

This is Snider's 3rd game in a row with a bomb, and he is now 8-20 with 5 BB's and only 2 K's since his return to Vegas. ...good enough for an OPS of 1.370. He has never walked more then he has struck out, but this year in Vegas he is pretty darn close. In just 31 games, he has 36 RBI's,8 HR's and 11 doubles. He is also hitting .345 with 19 BB's and has only struck out 21 times.

NH lost 9-3

Stilson and Magnusson both got roughed up badly on the mound by Reading
McDade went 2-3

Dunedin lost 7-1

Marisnick went 2-4 with a 2B
Nolan 1-4
Ahrens 1-3 with a BB

Not sure what has gotten in him, but in June (14 games), Ahrens is hitting .340/.407/.982....not a bad hot streak.

Vancouver won 3-1

Taylor Cole:6 IP,1 ER on 7 hits and 1 BB with 4 K's.
Pompey: 2-4 with a 2B

Bluefield game 1 (lost 8-6)

Comer (L) 4.0 2 2 2 0 2 1 4.50
Estrada 1.2 5 6 4 3 1 0 21.60
Les Williams 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
Charles 1-1 with a HR and 2 BB's
Nessy 1-3 with a BB
Ramirez with a BB
Dean 1-2 with a BB

game 2 (lost 5-0)

Azor got the only 2 hits finishing 2-4.

Robson (L) 4.0 3 4 3 0 4 1 6.75
Murphy 2.0 2 1 1 1 2 0 4.50

read it with my morning coffee. thanks bro always appreciate it. I'll back you and Dol if you cant update i will

AA09-?
06-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I'd call up Snider within the next few games. Really the sooner the better. He is very injury prone.

Krylian
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Gabryszwski with the start in Bluefield tonight. I'm guessing we see Osuna with his first pro outing as well. Not sure if they'll let him go 4 like the other top arms or if they'll be a bit more cautious.

Sanyo
06-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Gabryszwski with the start in Bluefield tonight. I'm guessing we see Osuna with his first pro outing as well. Not sure if they'll let him go 4 like the other top arms or if they'll be a bit more cautious.

I would say it should be fine but knowing the Jays they may go the cautious route and give him two. Though 12 year old little leaguers pitch 4 innings so I dont see the big deal to give Osuna 4 innings, unless he is on a strict pitch count and want to gradually stretch him out after a few games...

Iggy
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Would anyone know the status of Hechavarria's contract? Rotoworld and Cot's show his contract expires in 2013 but I assume the Jays could extend his contract through offering arbitration

jaysforever
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Would anyone know the status of Hechavarria's contract? Rotoworld and Cot's show his contract expires in 2013 but I assume the Jays could extend his contract through offering arbitration

Iggy good question. I've often wondered this too. I'd hate to think we could lose him to FA after 2013. And if we could, we need to get him up ASAP to get a look at him.

bartron_44
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Iggy good question. I've often wondered this too. I'd hate to think we could lose him to FA after 2013. And if we could, we need to get him up ASAP to get a look at him.

Pretty sure he does. I thought I asked this question last year, and thats why I have pushed for him to be called up this year pretty frequently. The guy isn't really being tested in AAA. They need to either demote him back to AA for another look at our best test for hitter(which will probably make him angry), or promote him some time this season.

Dol-Fan
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM
GCL Jays

Davis 3-4, K, SB
Alford 0-3, 2 K, BB, SB
Gonzalez 0-4, 2 K
Conner 1-3, BB
Cenas 1-4, K
Lugo 0-4, K

Biggs got lit up again, 2.2 IP, 3 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Cardona 1 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 K

bomber0104
06-22-2012, 03:09 PM
its his 5th game back from a wrist injury that kept him out for more than a month. Its one thing to be upset about him not being here at the beginning of the year its another thing to call him up 4 days after a wrist injury. He'll be up but when he gets more than 4 games under his belt.

like the other person said its been 10 games or so... as for his wrist, the last thing that comes back is power and he's hit 2 HRs in his last 2 games so it can't be bothering him that much if at all

bomber0104
06-22-2012, 03:10 PM
GCL Jays

Davis 3-4, K, SB
Alford 0-3, 2 K, BB, SB
Gonzalez 0-4, 2 K
Conner 1-3, BB
Cenas 1-4, K
Lugo 0-4, K

Biggs got lit up again, 2.2 IP, 3 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Cardona 1 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 K

alford seems to have some serious speed.. might have been understated in the draft

lexecutioner
06-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Nice to see Davis getting some hits rather than K's
and yeah Alford seems to be hot on basepath

jaysforever
06-22-2012, 05:34 PM
alford seems to have some serious speed.. might have been understated in the draft

Pre-draft they rated Davis's speed as and 8 and Alfords as a 7 on the 2/8 scale or something like that. Hope that means something.....:cool:

jaysforever
06-22-2012, 05:39 PM
From this week's Hot Sheet:

The hottest position in the game right now may be center field in the Blue Jays organization. Colby Rasmus' bat has come alive in Toronto—he has five homers in his last 10 games—while Anthony Gose has been on an extended hot streak with Triple-A Las Vegas. He batted .348/.483/.652 (8-for-23) last week with lots of supplemental goodies, including three triples, a double, six runs scored, six walks and a 2-for-2 showing in stolen bases. (He currently leads the Pacific Coast League with nine triples and 26 steals.) In 34 games since May 17, Gose has put up a .947 OPS with 12 steals in 14 tries, 17 extra-base hits and 18 walks

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2012/2613593.html

Dol-Fan
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
From this week's Hot Sheet:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2012/2613593.html

Good stuff. Then you've got Marisnick, Smith Jr., Davis, Alford lower down. Seems pretty clear what AA's strategy is.

JMac4PM
06-22-2012, 06:52 PM
draft all up the middle guys then sign corner infield / outfielders as free agents?

JaysFan87
06-22-2012, 07:02 PM
draft all up the middle guys then sign corner infield / outfielders as free agents?

Kinda...its easier to fill/find corner sports than C/SS/2B/CF. General rule.

Dol-Fan
06-22-2012, 07:03 PM

Or acquire through trades. And I don't think that's true...he's drafted Jacob Anderson, Matt Dean. Signed Dawel Lugo (may end up at 3B), Wuilmer Becerra (playing RF), Jesus Gonzalez.

I think he drafts tools and athleticism, as well as big, projectable arms. The surplus of up-the-middle talent is because they always have value on the trade market. A toolsy CF is prime trade bait.

Toxeryll
06-22-2012, 07:06 PM

no, we wont lose him through free agency after 2013. though, he wont have any option after 2013 so we have to put him in the 40-man after next year. and then he'll go through arbitration depending on his service time. i could be wrong but this is how i see it

Toxeryll
06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Pre-draft they rated Davis's speed as and 8 and Alfords as a 7 on the 2/8 scale or something like that. Hope that means something.....:cool:

:clap: and, gose's speed is a 7

Dol-Fan
06-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Osuna so far...2 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 3 K

Gabs 2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

lexecutioner
06-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Osuna so far...2 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 3 K

Gabs 2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

If we all take one prospect to follow ill go for Osuna

Dol-Fan
06-22-2012, 09:14 PM
If we all take one prospect to follow ill go for Osuna

Good choice. Up to 3 IP and 4 K, everything else the same.

Dol-Fan
06-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Marisnick is 2-4 with a HR, 2B, and SB tonight. Nice to see.

StayOnBoard
06-22-2012, 09:28 PM
no, we wont lose him through free agency after 2013. though, he wont have any option after 2013 so we have to put him in the 40-man after next year. and then he'll go through arbitration depending on his service time. i could be wrong but this is how i see it

You are not wrong :)